How to restart Sony Xperia. step by step instructions
To restart Sony Xperia XA1 Z XZ and XA follow these steps:
- Press and hold the power button.
- In the menu that appears, click: Reboot the device and the smartphone will automatically restart
Your Sony Xperia device may not restart if the battery level is low. Connect your smartphone to the charger and try restarting it again
Sony Xperia is frozen. how to start in Safe Mode?
If after a forced restart of the Sony Xperia smartphone continues to work incorrectly, we recommend that you run it in safe mode to diagnose the device and delete the last downloaded applications and games.
Safe Mode, not intended for daily use, but it can still detect problems with devices infected with malware or malfunctioning software
- Hold the unlock button on your smartphone until it displays the shutdown menu.
- Long press on the “Turn off” option.
- A window will appear prompting you to restart in safe mode. Click “OK”.
- After restarting the phone, the inscription “Safe Mode” or “Safe Mode” appears at the bottom of the screen.
To return to normal use with all third party apps, simply restart your phone.
Be careful: after using your smartphone in safe mode, you may exit applications, remove widgets from the desktop.
How to reboot Sony Xperia if it freezes. forced reboot method for XA1 Z XZ and XA models
Sony Xperia smartphones often experience freezing issues after updating software or installing third-party applications. In many cases, a reboot can easily fix these faults.
In this article, we’ll go over some of the different ways to restart Sony Xperia smartphones, how to start the device in Safe Mode, and what to do if your Xperia freezes or won’t turn on after a software update.
Startup problem after Sony Xperia software update, software restore or factory reset
If you experience any of the following issues after updating or restoring your Xperia software, or after performing a factory reset, read the rest of this article to find out how to fix them:
- For example, if a warning triangle appears at startup, wait for the procedure to complete. After updating or restoring the software, the startup process may take up to 30 minutes. Do not manually reboot the device during startup.
- If starting after 30 minutes is still not complete, force stop the device.
- Try turning it on again.
- If the startup procedure is still not successful, force the device to stop. Then perform a software recovery using your computer and the Xperia Companion application. Note. During a software restore, all data stored in your device’s internal memory is deleted. Since the device cannot complete the startup procedure, this data cannot be saved.
- You will find detailed instructions for each step on the rest of this page.
- If your device still won’t start correctly after following these steps,
Instructions: Force shutdown Sony Xperia XA1
In order to force restart Sony Xperia XA1 use the following instructions:
- Make long press the volume keys and power button at the same time for 10 seconds.
- After the device vibrates three times, release the keys.
- The device turns off automatically.
How to force restart or shutdown Sony Xperia Z XZ and XA
In order to force restart Sony Xperia use the following instructions:
- Press and hold the volume up key and power buttons at the same time for 6 seconds.
- The device vibrates once. Depending on what action you want to perform, choose: reboot or turn off the device, do the following:
- If you want to forcibly reboot the device: use the “Volume-” key to select the “Reboot” menu item
- If you want to forcibly turn off the device: keep pressing the power button for 6 seconds, the device will vibrate three times and then turn off.
Sony Xperia won’t turn on: possible reasons
Why may my smartphone not turn on? What are the most common reasons:
- defective battery. The Sony Xperia is pleased with the capacitive battery, which, unfortunately, often breaks down. It is advisable to check the battery, because if it malfunctions, the smartphone will not be able to turn on;
- if the smartphone charges but does not turn on, there is a risk of breakage of the power button. You need to remember about the precautions. For example, it is not recommended to charge Sony Xperia immediately after getting wet or accidentally getting moisture on the phone keys, otherwise the phone may completely die;
- if the smartphone connector is broken or partially torn out of the printed circuit board, the charge cannot be transferred to mobile equipment. In this situation, the device will be completely discharged, and then it will not be able to turn on. The only possible way out in this case is to contact the service center employees, where professionals will replace the connector;
- a motherboard that has been damaged from a shock or accidental fall will not be able to keep the smartphone running. In this case, you need to diagnose the gadget, and then. recovery measures. Only professionals are ready to successfully return a smartphone to functionality;
- the smartphone control chip was broken. In this case, it is necessary to replace the component part with an original analogue that can successfully perform its functions;
- rust, oxidation of parts, corrosion are some of the most dangerous reasons for the inability to fully use a mobile phone. If the Sony Xperia does not turn on after it gets wet, it is best to contact a professional who can restore your mobile phone;
- another possible cause of problems is software glitches. After an unsuccessful update, the device will not be able to turn on, but the best solution would be to download the sony firmware to restore the equipment.
The above reasons may be the basis for a successful solution to the existing problem with turning on Sony.
Sony Xperia won’t turn on. problem solution
Sony Xperia is one of the most popular smartphone models. A high level of functionality, optimal technical data, an ergonomic body are important advantages. Despite such positive aspects, disadvantages can also be fixed. What to do when sony xperia won’t turn on? How can such phenomena be explained and how to proceed to prevent further errors in the operation of the Sony smartphone? How can you restore optimal functionality to your mobile phone??
How to fix if Sony Xperia won’t turn on?
If the Sony Xperia does not turn on, you do not need to worry, because the chances of restoring the gadget’s performance remain. How can corrective action be taken??
- Sometimes when Sony Xperia won’t turn on, it takes a while to start up. If the smartphone slows down, it is best to press the power button for 10 seconds;
- you need to make sure that the mobile phone is charged. If the battery is completely discharged, it may take up to half an hour for visual changes to appear. For the first 30 minutes, the phone may remain dark even without the charging icon. The total charging time is 4 hours;
- another option is a malfunction of the USB cable and mobile phone charger;
- The SD memory card may be damaged and prevent the smartphone from charging;
- if the smartphone does not want to respond and restart, a forced start will be required. In case of serious software failures, it all depends on the state of the sony xperia firmware. Sometimes you need to completely reinstall the firmware;
- in many cases, a factory reset and software restore will help. Perhaps these steps will help even if the sony firmware is damaged. It is best to take care of the safety of the information, which is recommended to be reloaded to the SD memory card.
If Sony does not turn on, you can find a way to restore optimal performance of your mobile phone and 99% of the problem is successfully solved.
Sony phones malfunctions
Most of the breakdowns of phones of any manufacturer are associated with their improper use. Malfunctions of Sony phones are also associated with shocks and falls of the device, contact with liquids, software malfunction and, occasionally, a factory defect. In this article, we will look at the symptoms of breakdowns, the causes of their occurrence and methods of elimination.
If your Sony phone is charging slowly or not charging at all, the reason could be both the charger, which needs to be replaced, and the charging connector. In this case, specialists will try to repair it or immediately replace the connector.
Also, due to mechanical stress or moisture penetration under the phone case, a software failure may occur, which leads to a similar problem. Service technicians will update the firmware and eliminate the consequences of finding liquid and the result of a fall. return your phone to normal operation.
It happens that the indicator shows that the charging process is in progress, although the phone is not actually charging. It’s all the fault of a burned out charge controller or a problem in the charging circuit. Only specialists will help you cope with this problem.
If the phone constantly reboots, “hangs” on the logo or when the camera is turned on, it is impossible to enter applications, then the problem usually lies in the phone software and a Sony phone software repair is required. In addition, falling and falling into an aggressive environment could lead to failure of the power amplifier and a similar situation.
May be due to battery failure or moisture getting inside the phone.
These are the most common Sony phone malfunctions. There can be a lot of reasons: from an uncharged battery to a software failure of the device and the failure of one of the microcircuits. Only a thorough diagnosis of specialists will put everything in its place and determine what the problem is.
The display does not work in Sony Xperia, image distortion, the appearance of various kinds of artifacts.
If your phone has problems with the display (does not show, there are stripes, etc.), most likely, you will need to replace the display. As a rule, our service technicians try to repair a faulty component. This malfunction occurs after being dropped and bumped, or after contact with moisture.
If the mobile phone has problems with the network. the operator’s signal has disappeared or the device does not catch the network, then first check the SIM card. If everything is in order with the SIM card, contact the specialists, only they will be able to figure out the reasons (software malfunction, failure of electronic components, etc.) and eliminate them as soon as possible.
Joystick, keyboard, power button does not work.
If after a hit or fall, as well as as a result of liquid getting inside the device, the keyboard and other buttons in the Sony phone stopped working, then the help of specialists will be more useful than ever. They will carry out high-quality diagnostics, replace non-working components, dry the phone and clean it from corrosion. they will do everything to make your phone work in normal mode.
These and many other malfunctions of Sony phones are easily fixed at our service center in St. Petersburg. If your phone has stopped working correctly, and you do not know what is wrong with it, bring it to us for free diagnostics. Any feasible help from the “Smart Center” masters will be guaranteed to you.
What if the methods described above did not help? The device unexpectedly turned off, did not respond to pressing the power key or charge. with a high probability, the discrepancy lies in mechanical damage. If earlier he fell or fell into the water, then it makes sense to contact the service center for diagnostics. Another likely reason is battery failure. The main symptom is a rapid discharge from 100 to 0 percent until a malfunction is detected. For phones with removable batteries, you can try purchasing a similar one and simply replacing it. If the case is one-piece, then it will not be possible to do without the intervention of the masters.
Why Sony Xperia X does not work
There are many reasons for the disruption of the stable operation of the device. often difficulties appear against the background of daily use. According to the wizards and representatives of device manufacturers, power-up failures can be associated with subsequent events:
- after updating the operating system, any system files were installed with errors;
- the device has finished loading due to viruses that came with applications not installed from the Play Market;
- after falling on a hard surface, the monitor or battery cable is disconnected;
- the USB connector is clogged or water has infiltrated the contacts with small but harmful rust spots.
It should be noted right away that it is not easy to cope with mechanical damage without the help of others. During home repairs, it is possible to inadvertently disrupt any connections, thereby making the phone unrepairable. If the methods proposed further do not give a positive result, then it is recommended to contact a proven SC for diagnostics and repair.
How to root Sony Xperia X
How to hard reset Sony Xperia X
What to do if Sony Xperia X won’t charge
What to do if the computer does not see the Sony Xperia X via USB
How to reset FRP on Sony Xperia X
How to record a conversation on Sony Xperia X
How to connect Sony Xperia X to TV
After the actions outlined above, there may be several options for the development of events. In addition to the usual reboot and turn on, the phone can turn off or hang on the screen saver. You should not be very upset about this, because the manipulations done helped to make sure that a number of fundamental functions and systems are working.
Rebooting via Recovery is an option suitable for situations in which the firmware received insignificant failures that were eliminated by themselves. If the violation in the operating system is even more serious (for example, after the firmware with errors), then you will have to reset to the factory characteristics. It is important to take into account: such actions will delete all files from the device’s memory, including photos, videos and music.
- Open Recovery, as in the annotation discussed above.
- Select the item “Wipe data / factory reset”.
The device must go to reboot. It can last much longer than traditionally (up to 10-15 minutes), after which you will have to perform the initial setup.
Force restart Sony Xperia X
To begin with, let’s take a look at several methods related to recovery through Recovery mode. It will be possible to get into it if the device is charged by more than 15%. At the same time, by connecting the charger, you can verify the integrity of the screen and the functionality of the USB connector.
So, if the phone responded to the charging connection, showed the process of replenishing the battery, then after achieving a suitable level, you can run over to such manipulations:
- Simultaneously hold down the power and volume up keys. Hold them like this until the phone vibrates. The boot screen will appear and vibration will follow, then the power key can be released. Important: from time to time, a composition is triggered with a volume down key, not an increase.
- In the menu that opens, select the item “Reboot to system” (in some versions. “Reboot system now”).
The device should immediately go to reboot, which will be followed by a regular download of Android. By the way, if the device is not charging, then it is recommended to test the rest of the USB cables and chargers. It is possible that the discrepancy lies specifically in them, and the phone was simply discharged.
Sony Xperia X won’t turn on
Modern phones, even with very careful handling, can malfunction. often they appear due to irregularities in the operation of the operating system, but mechanical damage can also be felt for themselves. If the phone does not work, then there is no need to rush to contact the repair. Before that, it is worth performing several ordinary and safe actions that can help to revive the beloved gadget.
Sony Xperia phone does not work. we restore the smartphone
In a small annotation given to us, we will tell you what to do if your Sony Xperia does not cut it. We often receive messages from our readers that they have a problem with the performance of their phone or tablet, after which they most cannot start the device. The phone does not cut in or the Sony Xperia freezes when it is turned on on the splash screen (boot animation). The most common cause of this is the failure of the operating system and software. Do not panic earlier and take a series of simple actions to reanimate your own beloved smartphone.
To do this, we need a computer with the official software installed on it. the PC Companion program (download), which simply has to be on the PC of any user of Sony Xperia phones. Now let’s move on to the step-by-step annotation (in the screenshots, reddish frames indicate that you need to press in the process).
- Launch PC Companion and select ‘Support Zone.
- Launch the ‘Software update’ section
- Naturally, we did not connect the phone to the PC, and therefore a window will appear notifying you that the device was not found. There is a clickable inscription ‘phone / tablet recovery’. click on it.
- In the next window, you will be asked to select the device that you want to return. If you have previously updated your own phone via PC Buddy, then it probably remembered the device, and it will appear in the list. select it and click ‘Next’. If you have not used the application yet or you need to update some other model, for example, a friend, then select the item ‘Another phone / tablet’.
- Further, a series of windows will appear in front of you. they contain information about what you are actually doing. I recommend that you read and click ‘Next’ (if necessary, check the box to confirm). We are waiting for the application to prepare everything needed for recovery.
- If you chose ‘Another phone / tablet’ on Fri 4, you will see such a window with a list of all the models in the line. In this list, you need to find and select the phone or tablet model that you are restoring. Please see. you need to choose a specific model with its specific model number, for example, if you have a Sony Xperia Z2 D6502, then you need to choose a Sony Xperia Z2 D6502, not a D6503 or D6463! If you chose a certain model, then you skip this point. the next window will immediately appear.
- It’s time to connect your phone. Connect the USB to the PC, later hold down and hold the volume down key on the phone and only after that plug the USB cable into it!
- After these actions, the program will detect the device and start restoring it. If the machine does not run over to the next step, you can immediately try to hold down the power key and increase the volume for 10 seconds until three vibrations occur and after that repeat step 7.
- Upon completion, you will be notified of the completion of the update. We turn off the phone, launch it and rejoice! Please note that all data from the phone’s memory will be deleted. Also, the 1st download can be quite long.
If Sony Xperia still does not work, then you can try flashing it through FlashTool, or you should contact the service center. there may be a problem in the technical part, not software.
The battery is broken or expired
The likely cause lies in the battery. This happens periodically with Sony Xperia phones. The battery may have reached the end of its life. If the battery is swollen and the smartphone won’t turn on, then the problem is with the electronics. Usually, the result of a breakdown is mechanical damage, moisture, short circuit. Way out. battery replacement.
Why the SONY XPERIA phone may not turn on
There are times when the Sony Xperia phone won’t turn on. This means an unexpected shutdown of the smartphone, reboot, or ignoring pressing the On button. Let’s take a closer look at this issue.
Sony Xperia X not starting or detecting charger
Causes and remedies:
- The battery is broken or expired;
- Mechanical damage;
- The power button is broken;
- Software error;
- The charger has broken;
- Service Center Recommendations.
Periodic shocks, drops of the smartphone lead to the fact that it does not turn on. However, this is the worst outcome a device can expect. In addition, the normal use of the smartphone is questionable. Consequences of mechanical damage:
- Crashed display, phone case;
- Image distortion;
- The speaker and microphone are out of order;
- Sony Xperia phone won’t charge;
- The device works slowly;
And this is only part of the possible consequences of mechanical shock.
The power button is broken
The simplest reason is that the power button is broken. This happens due to mechanical damage or the ingress of liquid on the device. In one case or another, you will have to replace the key or diagnose the phone at a service center.
A software crash may cause your Sony Xperia smartphone to run slowly, restart intermittently, or refuse to turn on. You just need to reinstall the software or return to the factory settings. A symptom of such a problem. after switching on, the smartphone freezes or constantly asks for the phone code.
Sony Cell Phones
For models 60
Sony phone keeps rebooting over 6 months ago Sony Xperia M2 Aqua cell phones
Good afternoon to all of you! The Sony Xperia m 2 Aqua phone turns on, but after a couple of minutes it turns off on its own and constantly.
The sensor does not work on the phone sony xperia more than 6 months ago Cell phones Sony Xperia XA Dual F3112
Hello. The Sony Xperia XA F3112 phone is less than 3 years old, the screen is not damaged, but the screen protector was glued. Colored.
Phone sensor not responding to touch more than 6 months ago Cell phones Sony Xperia L
The Sony Xperia L smartphone does not respond well to pressing, and also clicks on the sensor itself and starts switching tabs. Maybe a day or two.
Black screen after getting water into the phone more than 6 months ago Cell phones Sony Xperia Z2
Hello. Accidentally bathed a Sony Xperia Z2 phone in a washing machine. Upon discovery, I opened the phone, removed the motherboard and.
Network signal disappears on the phone more than 6 months ago Cell phones Sony Xperia XZ2
Hello. When a subscriber is called, there is either a weak signal to 1, or the network disappears altogether, also with the Internet. When turned on.
The phone shows a black screen more than 6 months ago Cell phones Sony Xperia Z3
Hello. I turn on the Sony Xperia Z3 phone and it turns on, but it only shows a black screen and on top of charging and time, and below.
The phone is very hot what to do over a year ago Cell phones Sony Xperia L2
Good day. The Sony Xperia L2 phone gets very hot and ripples appear on the screen. Please help me to solve the problem!
The screen of the phone sony xperia flickers over a year ago Cell phones Sony Xperia L
Good day! Such a problem, the screen of the Sony Xperia L phone periodically flickers with white stripes. Sometimes it is weak, and sometimes it is strong, but the sensor.
What happened to the phone sony xperia over a year ago Cell phones Sony Xperia XZ2
Hello. After a year and a half of using the Sony Xperia XZ2 H8296 phone, strange glitches started. Glitch 1. hoarseness of the speaker at.
The phone displays a message. camera overheating over a year ago Cell phones Sony Xperia X
Hello. The Sony Xperia X phone periodically displays a message that the camera is overheated and will be closed. This is the case with.
Need to glue the screen on Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact over a year ago Cell phones Sony Xperia X Compact
Hello. It is urgent to glue the screen on the Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact phone, please tell me how much it costs.
Lost connection when talking on the phone over a year ago Cell phones Sony Xperia L
Hello. When talking on the phone Sony Xperia L, the connection is lost, then at 5 seconds by 20, the connection lives its own life when it wants then and.
Proximity sensor stuck on Sony Xperia Z5 smartphone over a year ago Sony Xperia Z5 cell phones
Good day. The proximity sensor stops working during a conversation, but if you slide your finger up on it, touching the window where it is.
The phone fell and the screen turned out to be black over a year ago Sony cell phones
Hello. The phone fell, and after I turned it on, a black splash screen appeared on the screen. And so there is vibration, touch.
Sony Xperia Z3 phone warms up and won’t turn on over a year ago Sony Xperia Z3 (D6603) cell phones
The phone turned on earlier, then lay in a half-disassembled state for about 2-3 months, periodically charged. put a new.
The phone does not turn on and does not charge (probably) over a year ago Cell phones Sony Xperia C C2305
Good day. The phone was inoperative for a long time. The primary reason was the spontaneous reboot of the phone and the refusal to.
Sony xperia smartphone does not turn on more than a year ago Cell phones Sony Xperia M5
The phone does not turn on, the red indicator is on and everything is the reason?
Sony Xperia Z1 Compact cannot power up, red LED blinking problem
Incoming and outgoing calls do not work more than a year ago Cell phones Sony Xperia Z2
Incoming and outgoing calls do not work, but Internet and SMS are working. Simka changed to a new one. Resetting to factory settings.
Sony phone won’t turn on more than a year ago Cell phones Sony Xperia SP
The phone began to warm up and discharge, replaced the battery, after it stopped turning on, but when charging, the green and red indicators work.
Sony xperia phone does not work WI-FI and mobile internet more than a year ago Sony Xperia XA cell phones
Hello! The Soni Xperia phone sees, but does not connect wi-fi and mobile Internet to work. The reason has not been established, since the day before and.
All you need is a simulated battery extraction
This operation will force the phone to shut down and then restart. This is a great way to solve the problem if your Sony Xperia is frozen or locked, shows a white / blue / black screen and does not respond to your actions.
The way to simulate battery removal on a Sony Xperia is very similar to a simulated battery removal on a Motorola Atrix HD. you need to press the volume down button and the power button of the device and simultaneously hold them for 15-20 seconds.
If after 20 seconds the phone does not turn on by itself, release the buttons and try to start the device in the usual way. by simply pressing the power button.
For example, let’s say your Sony Xperia is frozen or won’t turn on. Just hold down the volume down and power-on buttons, count to 20 and, if the smartphone does not respond in any way, release both buttons, and then press the power button, which will work as usual.
On some devices, instead of the volume down button, you need to press the volume up button. Therefore, if the method above did not help you, then try simultaneously holding down the volume up and power on buttons for 20 seconds.
If that doesn’t work, please try again. This procedure should sooner or later restart the smartphone.
Tip: If your phone does not restart after several attempts, then try disconnecting it from the power source.
Option two: Put your smartphone on charge and try a forced reboot
It is possible that the device does not turn on because the battery is completely discharged. The fact is that when the battery is zero, the device does not have time to close all applications, and this leads to a system failure. You can fix this problem in the following way:
- Plug the charger into a working outlet.
- Connect Xperia to the charger using the cable that came with your smartphone.
- Wait about 10 minutes.
- Then press and hold the power button of the device and the volume up button at the same time for 10 seconds.
This will allow the smartphone to charge the battery. But do not disconnect it from charging during a forced reboot so that the device has a stable power supply.
If this helped you restart your phone, but you still notice small freezes, this is a sign that you may soon be facing the same problem again. Therefore, I advise you to restart your smartphone again.
First option: Force restart and / or shutdown Xperia
A frozen Sony Xperia smartphone can be forced to restart or shut down, and I recommend trying both methods. This requires:
Solved. Fix Sony Xperia Sudden Death Issue When It Does Not Turn On
- Press and hold the power button of the smartphone and the volume up button at the same time for 10 seconds.
- Your device should vibrate. Your further actions depend on whether you want to restart your phone or turn it off.
- If you need to restart the gadget: Release both buttons. The device should reboot.
- If you want to turn off your smartphone: Continue holding both buttons. After a few seconds, the phone vibrates three times and turns off.
If the device does not respond in any way to your actions, try the following:
- Press and hold the volume up button.
- Then press and hold the power button of the smartphone, without releasing the volume up button, and wait about 10 seconds.
- Choose to force smartphone restart or shutdown.
What to do if Sony Xperia won’t turn on? Reboot your phone.
The normal operation of any smartphone depends primarily on the hardware and firmware. These two elements must be perfectly synchronized with each other so that your gadget can perform all the functions provided by the developers without any problems.
In this article, I will discuss the main problems that Sony Xperia smartphone owners may encounter and possible solutions. I will emphasize in advance that in the event of a malfunction, it is best to immediately contact the service center for help from specialists in this matter.
However, for those subscribers who prefer to troubleshoot on their own, this article should be helpful. So, if your Sony smartphone does not turn on, below you will find several ways to fix this problem.
How to start a Sony Xperia smartphone that won’t turn on?
Despite the fact that some Sony Xperia devices have a non-removable battery, Sony has provided several key combinations that allow you to simulate the process of removing the battery, which I will tell you about.
Most often, the smartphone does not start due to problems with the firmware, which are solved by the methods proposed below. So, if you encounter similar problems, I advise you to do the following
Option 3: Forced battery reboot by pressing a button
Make sure there is an SD card slot on the side of the device. You will see a yellow square button. Press and hold it for 5-10 seconds with a pin.
Hold down the “Power” button or press and hold “Power” for 10 seconds until the device turns on.
Also try hard resetting your phone: how to factory reset Sony?
However, if all the above methods do not help turn on the phone, I advise you to contact a Sony service center for professional advice. Perhaps you are faced with a technical problem that you cannot solve on your own.
Hope this article helped you. If you have any other tips for solving this problem, share them in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев.