Using a backup
If you have a habit of regularly backing up iPhone contents, you can breathe a sigh of relief. When performing a restore procedure from a locally saved backup, the old password is automatically reset.
iphone is disabled connect to itunes | how to open without data save itunes
- We connect the smartphone to the computer using a USB cable. With default settings, iTunes will automatically open the Device Management page. If this does not happen, press the button indicated by the arrow. In the drop-down menu, select the iPhone to which you have lost access.
Fix “iPhone is Disabled Connect to iTunes” | Easy Fix
- Let’s move on to the “Backups” section. The area indicated by the arrow lists previously performed backups. If the list contains a local one, click on the button marked with a frame.
- A small pop-up window will appear. By default, the system always selects the latest copy to restore. Loss of a small amount of data is inevitable even with regular backups, but it’s still better than a complete erase.
iTunes won’t recognize iPhone
In some cases, iTunes cannot recognize the iPhone when we try to connect to the PC with a USB cable. In the Windows operating system, an error code 0xe8000015 appears. Sometimes it is accompanied by additional text information about receiving an incorrect response from the device. This behavior is usually due to a mismatch between the iTunes release and the iPhone firmware, which means you missed a major update.
- We call the menu “About the program” and look at the number of the version installed on the PC. You can always check the relevance on the iTunes page and download the latest assembly for the OS used on the desktop from it.
- Force restart the iPhone. The device needs to be rebooted, not turned off and on again. The phone will still remain locked, but internal software errors will be eliminated. This operation is performed in the same way as the transfer to the recovery mode described above. Following these steps should resolve the connection error 0xe8000015, after which the restore attempt can be repeated.
Brute force protection
In case of loss or theft, Apple has provided protection in its devices that does not allow you to bypass the password lock using the so-called brute force. The “brute force” method consists in gaining access by selecting a combination. For example, for a standard four-digit code, their number is 10,000, and for an enhanced six-digit code, one million. Let’s see how it works.
- The first time the smartphone is locked for one minute after the password is typed incorrectly six times in a row.
- The next attempts can be made at intervals of 5 and 15 minutes. After the ninth time, the iPhone is locked for one hour. During this time, you can try to write to relatives who may know the password or remember it on their own.
- If the last attempt fails, the smartphone is blocked completely. It is useless to write to Apple technical support and ask to return access to the device. The company does not store information about passwords and, accordingly, cannot help in this situation.
As you can see, accidentally locking your phone is not easy. In total, this will require at least an hour and a half of active action.
Not everyone creates local copies, many successfully use automatic data synchronization through the iCloud “cloud”. However, when iPhone locks due to incorrect password, you still have to resort to iTunes.
- We connect the device to the PC and use the forced recovery mode provided in case of serious firmware failures. For iPhone X and Series 8, the transition to it is as follows. On the left side, briefly press the volume up and then volume down buttons. After that, on the right side, hold down and hold the power button until the picture shown in the screenshot appears, displaying the iTunes logo and the Lightning cable connector.
- IPhone 7 owners need to briefly press the volume down button and then hold down the power key.
- 6S and earlier users need to press the Home and Power Off keys at the same time.
- After successfully transferring the smartphone to DFU mode, in the iTunes window, press the button indicated in the screenshot.
- A pop-up window will appear with information about the consequences of the performed actions and controls. Press the middle button in it.
As a result of the actions performed, the program will automatically update the connected device to the latest version of the OS, simultaneously erasing all data from it and resetting the access password. After that, the smartphone can be restored from a cloud copy or set up as new.
iPhone is disabled, connect to iTunes: what to do
Apple cares about the security of user data, and in order to protect information on all iOS devices, it is possible to set a password. Its input can be configured each time the device is unlocked or after a certain time interval of its inactivity. By setting a password, the owner of an iPhone, iPad or iPod can forget it. With this in mind, Apple invites users to try entering the correct password 6 times. If none of the attempts are successful, the device will be blocked, and the user will see a message that he will be able to try entering the password again only after a certain time. Having made a mistake 4 more times, the inscription will appear: “iPhone is disconnected, connect to iTunes”.
Remote password reset on iPhone and iPad
Another effective way to get rid of the “iPhone is disconnected, connect to iTunes” error is to reset it remotely. This can be done if the Find iPhone feature was activated on the device before the problem occurred. It allows you to track the device, as well as perform some remote manipulations with it, including erasing all information from the device.
You can reset the password on the iPhone using the service from any computer, tablet, smartphone and other gadgets with Internet access. This requires:
- Go to the device search page in iCloud and log in through the Apple ID to which it is linked;
- Next, in the list of all devices, select the iPhone or iPad whose password you want to reset;
- Click “Erase iPhone” or “Erase iPad”, then confirm your intentions.
All information from the device will be deleted and the error “iPhone is disconnected, connect to iTunes” will disappear. It will be possible to restore the device from existing copies or configure it as a new device.
Restore iPhone or iPad
Apple recommends that you perform a device recovery if the “iPhone (iPad) is disconnected, please connect to iTunes” error occurs. This can be done with the preservation of data in the event that previously using iTunes were backed up. In situations where this has not been done, it will be possible to restore the iPhone or iPad after incorrectly entered passwords and an error occurred only with data loss.
To restore iPhone after ten wrong passwords, you need to do the following:
- Connect your smartphone to your computer using the original USB cable. Important: You must connect to a computer that was previously synchronized with the device via iTunes. When you connect a locked device to a new computer for it, you will be prompted to enter the password from the device;
- After connecting your locked iPhone to your computer, iTunes will launch. If this did not happen automatically, start the program manually;
- The syncing process between iTunes and iPhone will begin and the backup will be created. Please note that this backup will be protected by a forgotten password, so using it to restore your smartphone is impractical;
After completing the device recovery procedure, the password will be reset, and you will be able to use your iPhone or iPad again.
Additional password attempts on iPhone or iPad
If the error “iPhone (iPad) is disconnected, please connect to iTunes” appears on the screen, there is an opportunity to bypass it and get 10 more attempts to enter the password. The method is as follows:
- On the computer to which the blocked device was previously connected, you need to launch iTunes;
- After that, you should connect a smartphone or tablet to it;
- Further, the “Synchronize” button will be available at the bottom of iTunes. click on it;
If you succeed in resetting the attempts to enter the password in the specified way, you can do this indefinitely, repeating the steps described above from time to time and getting 10 additional attempts to enter the password.
What happens when the password is entered incorrectly. “IPhone is disabled, try again in an hour
- After 6 incorrect entries, the device displays a message that it is necessary to try to enter in a minute.
- After 9 wrong code entries, the device will be temporarily blocked for 1 hour. The message will look like this: “iPhone is disabled, please try again in an hour”.
The limit of attempts is set on almost all devices, it can be different. The number of attempts depends on the model and type of device. As soon as the limit is finally exhausted, you will see the following inscription on the screen: “iPhone is disconnected, connect to iTunes”. Many novice users are worried that it will be difficult or impossible to restore the device to work.
There are two ways to create a copy of information from any gadget:
- Through an app in the iCloud device itself.
- Using iTunes.
For the first method, you will need to register an Apple ID account, the information will be stored on a “cloud” server. It is possible to synchronize the device with it only with the help of authorization in the application. In order to store a copy of your information in iTunes, you need to sync your device with it. The developers recommend that the owners do this procedure periodically so that the information in the computer is up-to-date. If the iPhone is disabled and needs to be restored, the data will not be permanently lost.
Method 1. we enter the smartphone into DFU
- For iPhone 8, X, XS, XR, 11. press and hold the button on the side and the button to adjust the volume until the “Turn off” slider appears on the display. You need to move it to turn off the phone. When we turned off the iPhone, connect it to the PC, press the button on the side until the recovery mode starts;
- iPhone 7, iPod touch 7. press and hold the button on the side or top until the “Turn off” slider appears. Turn off the phone by holding down the button that decreases the volume. We connect iPhone to PC. Next, hold down the button that decreases the volume until the recovery mode appears;
- iPhone 4s, 5, 5s, SE, 6, 6s, iPod touch 6 or older. press and hold the button on the side or on top (depending on which phone) and wait for the “Turn off” slider to appear. Turn off the phone and press the “Home” button. Turn off the smartphone by pressing the “Home” button, and connect the PC using the cord. Then we press the button “Home” until the moment when the recovery mode appears.
The radical way to unlock iPhone
There is a radical way disabled in iOS by factory settings. Using this method, you can erase all information from the iPhone if you enter the input password 10 times in a row. To activate it, you need to go to “Settings”, select “Touch ID and password” (maybe “Touch ID and password”), then enter the password. Scroll down to the bottom of the display to find the slider that says “Erasing data”. Do not use this function if you often forget your password.
iPhone is disabled connect to iTunes. how to open without data save itunes
Retry after 15 minutes
So, it is best if the phone was locked when you entered the code less than 10 times, to wait for the period indicated on the display. An alert like “iPhone is off, you need to try again after 15 minutes” will count every minute. From here, you will have the opportunity to see how much more time you need to wait.
Even when blocked, emergency services can be called. To do this, you need to tap on the SOS button at the bottom of the display. So, we are waiting for the countdown to start: the smartphone changes this alert once a minute. Then you can try to enter the correct code.
Once the waiting period has passed, the display will change to the digital screen you are used to. You will be prompted to re-enter the code. You need to be careful. If a new error occurs, a new waiting period will begin. Next, you need to try to enter the exact password the first time, otherwise the phone will be locked.
iPhone writes iPhone is disconnected connect to iTunes what to do and what are the reasons for the block?
Good afternoon friends. If your iPhone says, iPhone is disconnected, connect to iTunes, and then continue “Try again after 1 minute” (maybe from 5 to 60 minutes), what can you do in this case? Let’s look at the instructions, what is not only possible, but what should be done in such cases? Also, we will analyze how many times you have the right to enter the wrong password in order to avoid blocking the gadget. The steps that I will give will force your device to work again in normal mode. These steps are designed for iPhone and iPod touch.
Resetting the counter by minutes
If you are at home and have your PC next to it, which has a connection with the switched off iPhone, it is possible to connect them via a cable and synchronize. This can remove the countdown counter with the above message.
When you click on the button indicated by the selection, the timer will be reset and you will have the opportunity to enter the correct password. At this time, you do not need to wait at all for the synchronization to be completed. There is an opportunity to interrupt it as soon as it starts. But, nevertheless, a smartphone under lock will not work from this.
Which means the iPhone is disabled?
Let’s think a little. this inscription can only mean one thing. the iPhone was locked when the user entered the wrong password, to protect against possible hacking.
There are four reasons for it to disconnect:
- As I said, the owner entered the wrong password one after the other several times;
- This device can be unlocked simply by being in your This also applies to the reverse action, when the user accidentally touches the display and the iPhone is locked;
- One of your children accidentally locked an iPhone. a very common option. If the iPhone falls into children’s pens, then these pens begin to press with their fingers in different parts of the display. By this action, the child can block the phone;
- Someone deliberately tried to guess the passcode for your iPhone when you didn’t see it.
Of course, Appel is trying to protect your information. For example, it can block the device if several incorrect password entries were entered in order to prevent an attacker from entering the iPhone interface by sorting out combinations of numbers.
This method of logging into someone else’s iPhone is called Brute force, which can be translated as “Full brute force”. To prevent this, the OS deliberately makes restrictions on the number of such attempts. After that, an alert may appear on the display, such as “iPhone is disabled, please try to log in again after 1 minute”.
In this notification, there can be a different number of suggested minutes, from 1 to 5, 15, 60. The time for which the iPhone will be blocked is directly dependent on the number of incorrect attempts to enter the password:
- If the user entered the wrong password 5 times, then iOS will turn off the phone for a minute;
- If the person entered incorrectly 7 times, you will be allowed to continue after 5 minutes;
- The person made a mistake with the password 8 times, the iPhone will be turned off for 15 minutes;
- The user tried to enter the password 9 times. the shutdown will be for an hour;
- But, when the user tried to enter the password 10 times, the mobile device will be completely blocked, and the notification “iPhone is disconnected: connect to iTunes”.
What can you advise here, you should not bring it up to 9 and 10 times. It is advisable to wait a little for the timer to reset and try again to enter the password. It will take less time than trying to resuscitate a locked gadget.
It is possible that you will never be able to remember what the iPhone code is. In this case, it will remain to delete all information from the smartphone, even the parameters. At the same time, if you do not have backups of information using iCloud or iTunes, you will lose data.
Crashes That May Appear While Connecting iTunes
Some people have a problem that the iPhone cannot connect to iTunes and will create an error 0xe8000015 when the smartphone is still under the block. Consider the reasons why it appears:
- You could simply download an old version of iTunes. In this case, it is enough to update the utility to a new version and reboot the phone;
- The cable that connects the phone to the computer may be damaged. In this case, it is desirable to use a different cord, or input;
- In Vidnovs, you need to launch the “Device Manager”, then “USB Controllers”, right-click on the inscription “Apple Mobile Devices USB Driver”. Update it. After we reboot the PC;
- You can try using a different PC if the failure occurred due to the computer software.
In most cases, when we update iTunes and drivers, we get the intended action to restore iPhone using iTunes. But, if not, then it is worth restoring your smartphone by applying “Find iPhone” in iCloud.
How to unlock via hard reset iPhone
If the iPhone is locked and won’t connect to iTunes. for example, it didn’t sync or was done on a different PC that you can’t access. the option is left with a hard reset. In this case, the password will be destroyed along with other information.
Life hack: Try to save data using third-party software such as iFunBox.
First, you need to connect your smartphone to your computer, as in the previous method. Can be used with any PC or laptop with iTunes.
After that, forcibly restart the machine. In new versions (8, X and subsequent), you need to quickly press the volume up and release, then just as quickly press the volume down once, then hold down and do not release the side button. Recovery mode should turn on.
For 7 and its Plus version, you need to hold down the volume down and the side key.
Finally, in earlier versions, press the side / top key and “home”.
After that, a choice of options should appear.
You need to click on “Restore” and wait for the completion of the procedure. Then set up your iPhone as if it were a brand new machine.
Keep in mind that all actions in this mode are allocated 15 minutes. If the program does not meet the deadline, you will need to forcibly restart the smartphone again.
Finally, there is another way how to unlock iPhone without iTunes. contact a service center. The procedure will be the same as in the options described above, the only difference is that you do not need your own computer, plus a consultant will help you.
Important! Sometimes third-party applications are advised to unblock. However, in this case, there is no guarantee that the device will work at all. Support claims the only way out is to use iTunes in one way or another.
Reasons for the error: “iPhone is locked, connect to iTunes
Before deciding what to do next, you need to figure out the reason for the message that the iPhone is disconnected, so connect to iTunes. Such a situation can easily arise as a result of repeatedly entering an incorrect password, for example, if:
- you yourself have forgotten or changed it;
- someone from your family or friends confused the smartphone and tried to unlock it with their password;
- an outsider wanted to access the device in your absence.
To prevent the device from blocking, you need to try to enter the password correctly and not exceed the number of attempts. And of course, do not give it to strangers and children, who may accidentally block access.
Accordingly, the options for solving the problem of how to unlock it, if the software says that the iPhone is disabled, connect to iTunes, depend on the knowledge of the current password. It also matters whether you followed the backup procedure before the problem occurred. If in both cases the answer is no, then you can say goodbye to the data on the smartphone. using the method recommended by the manufacturer will completely erase the contents of the device’s memory. This is done for security reasons so that random persons cannot view personal information on any device.
A more gentle option, like unlocking the iPhone, if it is disabled and says, they say, connect to iTunes, is available if you have a backup. In this case, important data can be recovered.
Reset attempt counter
In some cases, when the device tells you to connect to iTunes to unlock your iPhone, you just need to follow this advice. If simply connecting to your computer with iTunes isn’t enough, try starting the sync procedure. It is not necessary to complete this process to the end, you can stop it with a cross or an arrow, if one appears. After that, try again to enter the password from the device.
Important! Before connecting to iTunes, if the iPhone is locked, make sure that this is the same PC from which you have already connected. Otherwise, the program will ask for confirmation from the machine.
How to fix the error: “iPhone is locked, connect to iTunes
Apple technology, despite all its reputation, can also fail, confusing the user. over, while showing tips that your iPhone is locked, connect to iTunes: how to unlock it and prevent similar situations. we will analyze in this article.
Restoring from a backup
If the copying process was performed, you can connect to Aityuns via a computer as usual, and then restore data and access to the mobile phone itself (you need the same PC).
Connect the devices with a cable and turn on iTunes. The program will display the smartphone icon. If you have set up automatic synchronization, wait for the application to copy the data. You can also start the process manually if you click on the desired item in the device menu and then click the “Synchronize” button.
Next, you need to use a special button to restore. The program can warn about an outdated OS version. in this case, you need to update iOS to continue. Then you need to choose to restore from a copy.
Select the appropriate copy by date or size. If you used an encrypted save password, you will need to enter it to decrypt a previously saved copy.
On the device itself, you will also need to specify recovery from iTunes.
After that, wait until the end of the process. The password is cleared and you can use the device again.
If the iPhone is disconnected, it says connect to iTunes, but when connected to a PC it only vibrates 3 or more times. you probably have a problem with your cable or computer. Check it on another PC, with a different cord, or try restarting your smartphone. If these measures do not help, you should contact the service.
What does it mean iPhone is disabled
This always means one thing. the iPhone was locked after an incorrect password was entered to protect against a possible hacking attempt.
- You made a mistake entering your password several times in a row.
- The child has blocked the iPhone. this is one of the most common cases. As soon as the phone falls into the small handles, they immediately begin to poke their fingers at the screen, which leads to the disconnection of the smartphone.
- The device may try to unlock itself while lying in the A light touch of the screen is enough to turn it on. The same random touches are used to enter the code.
- Someone deliberately selected a passcode while the smartphone was out of your area of attention.
Apple takes steps to protect the privacy of its users. One of them is blocking the device after several incorrect attempts to enter a password to prevent it bypassing it by brute-force combinations of numbers.
This hacking method is called Brute force, which means “brute force”. To discourage this iPhone jailbreak method, iOS deliberately limits the number of input attempts.
At the same time, the message “iPhone is disconnected, try again after 1 minute” appears on the screen.
- 5 incorrect attempts to enter the password in a row. disconnection for 1 minute.
- 7 wrong attempts in a row. try again after 5 minutes.
- 8 attempts in a row and you will see the message “iPhone is disabled, try again after 15 minutes”.
- 9 attempts in a row. blocking for 60 minutes.
- If you enter the wrong password 10 times, the phone is completely locked, displaying the message “iPhone is disconnected: connect to iTunes” (how to unlock the device in this case is described below).
Do not bring it up to 10 times, it is better to wait until the timer is reset and try to enter the code again. It’s easier than reanimating a locked device.
If you cannot remember your passcode, you will have to erase all data from your phone, including settings. If you have not backed up your data via iCloud or iTunes, they will be lost.
Unlocking via iTunes
If you enter the wrong code 10 times, the phone is locked, displaying the message “iPhone is disconnected, connect to iTunes”.
iPhone is locked and asks to connect to iTunes
In this case, there is nothing left but to delete the password. In this case, you will lose all data on the phone, which can then be restored from a backup. You did it?
If your iPod or iPhone is locked and you’ve forgotten your password, connect to iTunes and reset it via erasing your device. The instructions below will help you do this.
To do this, you need iTunes, a free multifunctional program that can work with Apple devices. It is installed by default on Mac computers. If you do not have it or you are working on Windows, download the link from the official Apple website.
If you have macOS Catalina installed, then iTunes is not needed. For Windows and earlier versions of the macOS operating system, it will be required.
If you do not have a computer, you can ask your friends for help or contact the nearest Apple service center, where specialists will help.
You will also need a cable to connect your smartphone to your computer. You won’t be able to erase the iPhone via Wi-Fi, only through the wire. Since the interfaces of different iPhones and laptops are different (USB, USB-C or lighting), an adapter may be required.
Below is a simple instruction on how to unlock iPhone 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, X, XS, XR, 11 and all their S, Plus, Pro, Max versions.
Try again in 15 minutes
The first thing to do if the iPhone is locked when you enter the wrong code less than 10 times is to wait for the time indicated on the screen. The message on the screen “iPhone is disconnected repeat after 15 minutes” counts down every minute, so you can see how many minutes are left to wait.
Even though the iPhone is disabled, it allows you to make calls to emergency numbers. To do this, press the SOS button at the bottom of the screen.
Until the time indicated on the screen expires, the code cannot be entered. Wait until the countdown ends: the phone updates the message on the screen every minute, then enter the correct password.
After the time-out period expires, the screen will change to the familiar numeric keypad, and you can try to enter again. Be careful: if you are wrong again, you will go back to the waiting period.
In the future, try to enter the correct code on the first try in order to avoid blocking the device.
What to do when the message “iPhone is disconnected connect to iTunes
This manual describes what to do if the iPhone is disconnected and displays the message “try again when 1 minute has passed” (5-15-60 minutes) or “connect to iTunes”. You will find out how many times you can enter the password incorrectly to avoid blocking the device.
The steps below will make your device work normally again. The instruction is suitable for iPhone and iPod touch.
Step 1. putting the phone into DFU mode
We have already talked about the DFU mode, but we will repeat ourselves. Make sure your device is NOT connected to your computer and do this:
- iPhone 8, X, XS, XR, 11. Press and hold the side button and any volume button until the Turn off slider appears on the screen. Slide it to turn off the device. After shutdown, press the side button, connect the device to the computer, hold down the side button until the recovery mode starts.
- iPhone 7, iPod touch 7th generation — Press and hold the Side or Top button until the Power Off slider appears. Turn off your iPhone, hold down the volume down button, connect it to your computer. After that, hold down the volume down button until the recovery mode screen opens.
- iPhone 4s, 5, 5s, SE, 6, 6s, iPod touch 6th generation or earlier — Press and hold the Side or Top button until the Power Off slider appears. Turn off the device, hold down the “Home” button, connect to the computer via a cable. After that, hold the Home button until the recovery mode screen appears.
Via iTunes to remove password
If you’ve ever synced your iPhone with iTunes, you can restore it. including passcode from iTunes. In this case, the data on the device and its password will be erased.
Connect your device to the computer that was syncing.
Open iTunes. If you are prompted to enter your password, use a different computer that also syncronized your device.
Wait while iTunes syncs your device and creates a backup. After syncing and backing up, click “Restore [device]”.
Click “Recover from iTunes Copy”. Then select your device in iTunes. Look at the creation date and size of each backup and choose the one that suits you best.
If you’ve never synched with iTunes or set up Find My iPhone in iCloud, you’ll need to use Recovery Mode to restore your device. Connect your iOS device to your computer and open iTunes, make a forced restart, select “Restore”.
What to do if iPhone is disconnected, connect to iTunes?
You got the messages “iPhone is disconnected, try again in 5 minutes” or even “iPhone is disconnected. Connect to iTunes ”? If you enter the wrong passcode five times in a row, your iPhone will automatically turn off within 1 minute and an error message “iPhone is disabled” will appear on the screen. And if you enter the passcode by mistake 10 times, your iPhone will shut down completely and you will have to restore it with iTunes.
How to Unlock iPhone with or without iTunes
If you’re unfortunate enough to have your iPhone completely disabled, don’t worry; below we will share the three main ways to unlock a disabled iPhone X / 8 / 8Plus / 7 / 7Plus / 6s / 6 / 5s / 5 via iTunes or without iTunes.
Unlock iPhone with Find iPhone
One of the most widely used methods to disable iPhone without fixing iTunes is Apple’s Find My iPhone feature. If you remember your Apple ID and passcode and Find My iPhone is enabled on your device. It allows you to track the device, as well as perform some remote manipulations with it, including erasing all information from the device. In order to unlock iPhone without a password, you must:
Log in to your iCloud account from a web browser in the list of all devices, select the iPhone or iPad whose password you want to reset Click “Erase iPhone” or “Erase iPad”.
Password forgotten how to unlock iPhone via Tenorshare 4uKey tool
Tenorshare 4uKey. It is an iPhone unlocking tool that allows you to unlock your iPhone / iPad without a password. This is the Most Effective and Easy Way to Fix Disabled iPhone without iTunes Backup.
Download and Install Tenorshare 4uKey on PC / Mac before we start.
Launch Tenorshare 4uKey and connect iPhone / iPad to computer via USB cable.
After 4uKey recognizes your device, you can press “Start” to remove the iPhone passcode.
Before unlocking iPhone passcode, download the latest iOS firmware over the Internet.
When the software is downloaded to your computer, you can click “Start Unlock” to start restoring iPhone without passcode.
The whole process takes a few minutes. Please keep your device connected to the system recovery process.
When the iPhone Passcode is successfully removed, you can set your iPhone as new, including Passcode, Touch ID, and Face ID.