[FAQ] What to do if you forgot your iTunes backup password
If you want to see on our website answers to your questions about everything related to technology, programs and services of Apple, iOS or Mac OS X, iTunes Store or App Store, ask them on the AppStudio forum. The answers to the most interesting of them will appear in the materials of this section. We received the following question:
Hello! Faced a problem in iTunes. I have a checkbox on my iPhone page that says “encrypt iPhone backup”. But I don’t remember when I turned on this encryption (I don’t remember the password any more. How can I remove the encryption without knowing the password? What should I do? Re-flashing will help me?
The situation is rather difficult. The problem is that when you enable encryption of a backup in iTunes, the password (more precisely, its hash) is by default recorded and stored not on the computer, but in the iOS device. Therefore, the obvious advice in this case to try to create a copy on another computer will not help. there you will also see the enabled encryption checkbox.
If you have OS X, then there is a tiny chance of a successful outcome. The password from the backup copy may have been saved in the Keychain. Launch this application through Spotlight or from the Utilities folder, and type Backup into the search field. If you find the iPhone Backup item in the list of passwords, it means that the password was written to the Bundle, and it can be found out.
Double-click on the found item and check the box “Show password”:
You will be asked to enter the password for the user account. the one with which you log into the system. After that, you will see the password from the backup.
But another option is much more likely: the password was not saved anywhere. Then you have only three choices:
- brute-force password selection. There are even special solutions for brute-force, but whether they are worth the money spent is an open question.
- Wipe iPhone completely (Settings-General-Reset-Reset content and settings). It is important to understand that you will not restore it later from a backup copy, because it is encrypted, and when you try to access it, you will be asked for a password. Loss of personal information with an iCloud account is not a problem, contacts, calendars, notes, reminders, etc. will be restored from the cloud, but you will irrevocably lose the archive of messages. And all programs will have to be reinstalled manually
- iCloud backup. Directly on the iPhone, you can switch to backups to the cloud (Settings-iCloud-Backup). But for this you need to have enough space in the Apple cloud.
As you can see, forgetting your iTunes backup password is extremely expensive, especially if you store a lot of valuable information on your device.
IPhone Activation Lock. the whole truth how to remove Activation Lock!
Hello everyone! There are just a huge number of instructions on the Internet about Activation Lock and how to bypass this “disgrace”. This is a plus. The downside lies elsewhere. in some articles (in fairness, it is worth noting that not all) such nonsense is written that you simply wonder.
Some unimaginable combinations, special programs and other tin are invented, which only takes time. the benefits of all this are exactly “zero point zero tenths”.
Perhaps that is why in our group and my mail continue to receive questions from the series “activation lock on the iPhone, what should I do now?” or “I gave the money, they promised to unblock it, but the person took the money and disappeared. what to do?” etc.
And what should you do when you are often asked about the same thing? That’s right. write detailed instructions.
Let’s deal with this problem once and for all. it will be easier for you (no need to strain and write to someone) and me (gave a link to the article and everyone felt good).
So, the whole truth about Activation Lock on iPhone is here. Go!
Activation lock status
A very important point, without the study of which the entire further procedure in some cases will be useless. So, activation blocking can be of three types. the device has a status:
- OFF. there is no blocking. Activation possible using any Apple ID.
- CLEAN. the device can be activated only after unlinking from the previous account.
- LOST. the device is erased (LOST AND ERASED), lost or stolen (LOST OR STOLEN), is on the operator’s blacklist (BLACKLISTED).
How do you know what status your iPhone has? There are several options:
- In appearance. For example, on the screen of the device, you can see the inscription “This device was lost and erased.” Everything is clear here. this iPhone has a LOST sign and, most likely, goes for parts.
- Through special checker sites. I will not give a list of them here (many of them constantly disappear and appear. you cannot keep track of all of them). Unfortunately, there are practically no free ones. they ask for money for information. True, not very much. usually 2-3.
Why know all this at all? In order to understand. is it worth “bothering” and wasting your time on unlocking.
- If the device has the CLEAN status, there are chances of unlocking.
- If the device has the LOST status, there is practically no chance. In this case, you just have to have reinforced concrete arguments for removing Activation Lock. which, unfortunately, are almost always lacking.
Removing Activation Lock via support
Again, this is the only working way to unlock your iPhone. There are simply no others.
You can entrust this task to other people and pay money (we have already talked about special services) or try to do everything yourself and for free. What is required of us?
- Call technical support. It makes no sense to write to some kind of mail or immediately fill them up with documents. it all starts with a call.
- Explain your problem. Especially emphasize that the iPhone belongs to you (bought for your honestly earned money, issued on credit) and you have documents (checks, loan agreements, invoices, screenshots, stamps) that confirm the purchase. The more pieces of paper, the better.
- After that, you will receive a special letter by mail with a link to download all these documents.
- Take pictures, upload and wait. If all is well, the block will be removed within a few days.
This is in general terms. And now a few important points, questions and answers to them.
As you can see, the situation is difficult. but there is nothing to be done about it, these are Apple’s rules.
What it is?
I will be brief. Activation Lock is Apple’s server-level iPhone activation lock.
In a slightly more understandable language, this very thing prevents you from turning on and fully using the iPhone.
Blocking occurs in two ways:
Until you enter the correct (the one that was at the time the lock was turned on) Apple ID and password on the device, you will not be able to use the iPhone. Generally not. No way. Even for a second. Even just to look.
Painfully? Very much (especially if the phone belongs to you). But such is the protection of Apple from unauthorized use of the iPhone by another person. when buying an iPhone, we agree to this rule.
And it’s good if you know this very pair (Apple ID and password). you entered the data and started using the device. And if not? This is where we come to
How to bypass Activation Lock
If we talk about the iPhone, then there are only two ways:
- Enter the correct Apple ID pair and password.
- Unlocking via technical support.
There are no other common options. You cannot somehow cleverly reflash, update, roll back the firmware, make a Hard Reset, etc.
Remember! All blocking takes place on Apple servers. only technical support staff and other special employees from Apple can remove it.
You ask: “But the guys on the Internet say that they will send some tricky firmware (for only 500-600 rubles!) And everything will be fine!”.
It will be good. But not for you, but for them. They will receive 550 rubles and will be happy. You will get nothing and you will be upset.
However, not always everything is so categorical. After all, there is
Reset iPhone password by restoring from backup.
If you systematically sync your iPhone with iTunes, you should have backups and can restore one of the copies where the password is still set. This is the best way, all media and information will remain on the iPhone.
- Connect iPhone to a computer that has backups and open iTunes.
- Wait while iTunes syncs iPhone and creates another backup.
- When the synchronization is complete and a new copy is created, click on the “Restore” button.
- When in the course of restoring iPhone, the setup screen should open, where you need to select “Restore from a copy of iTunes”.
- Now look at the date which backup is right for you and select it. You have to remember when you set the passcode on your iPhone.
How to Reset iPhone if Forgot Password
If you have never synced your iPhone with iTunes, you have no backup and the Find iPhone feature in iCloud is not activated, all that remains to remove the password is the recovery mode method. I note that this method always works, but not only the password will be erased on the iPhone, but all media files and information.
To enter recovery mode: turn off the iPhone, now hold down the “Home” button and without releasing it, insert the USB cable, the iTunes icon with a cord should appear.
If iTunes doesn’t open automatically, open it. You should immediately be prompted to update or restore iPhone.
Forgot your iPhone password? 3 Ways to Reset iPhone Passcode
I came up with a password on my iPhone and then forgot it. Be that as it may, it’s best to know how to unlock your iPhone if you forgot your password.
It happens to everyone. I came up with and set a password on my iPhone, and then forgot it. Or I haven’t used my smartphone for a long time. Be that as it may, it’s best to know what to do and how to unlock your iPhone if you forget your password.
In this tutorial, I will describe three ways to reset iPhone password. These methods will not help if Apple ID is blocked, only contacting Apple Support will help here.
If the password is entered incorrectly 6 times, the iPhone will be locked for one minute, if you enter the wrong password again, the iPhone will be locked for 2 minutes, then for 3 minutes, and so on. In general, it is not realistic to guess the password, life is not enough.
If you have activated the “Erase data” function, then guessing the password is dangerous. This function will erase all information from the iPhone if you enter the password incorrectly 10 times. To turn it off, you need to: go to the settings. password. opposite the “erase data” field, switch the toggle switch to off.
Below are three ways to reset a forgotten iPhone password, here they are
Reset password using Find My iPhone
If you have the “Find iPhone” function activated, you can use iCloud to remove the lock password, however, all data will be erased as well. This method works, forgot iPhone lock password, but remember Apple ID password.
- Go to iCloud.com.
- Enter your Apple ID and password and press the Enter button on your keyboard.
- Click on the “Find iPhone” icon, in the “All devices” drop-down list, select the iPhone on which you want to reset the password.
- Click on the “Erase iPhone” icon and all data on it will be erased, and the password will be deleted.
Now you can restore iPhone data from backup or set it up as new.
There are still questions?
Do you still have questions about unlocking your phone if you forgot your iPhone password? Are you having trouble recovering a forgotten ID on your iPhone? Write in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев and we will try to help you!
If none of the listed methods helped you or you don’t remember your Apple ID! Check out this guide What if I forgot for iCloud, iTunes, or the App Store? How to reset a forgotten Apple ID password
Forgot iCloud password (Apple ID). how to be and what to do?
Good time! It’s just that a huge number of questions are received both by e-mail and in Комментарии и мнения владельцев to articles on the topic of a forgotten (lost, changed by someone, etc.) e-mail iCloud and its password. To be more precise, this is an Apple ID, but this does not change the essence of the matter. In order to somehow systematize all this information, it was decided to write this article. So, if you do not remember (do not know) the password or e-mail to which your (or “someone else’s”) iPhone or iPad is registered, and you really want to activate it, then this instruction is for you!
A bit of history. With the release of the iOS 7 operating system, Apple introduced additional protection for all device owners from theft, loss, etc. Now no one can access the phone, as well as the data that is on it, if he does not know the Apple ID and password from it.
- Hard Reset.
- Restore with iTunes.
- Upgrading (Upgrading or Downgrading) Firmware.
- Entering DFU mode and then trying to flash.
- Parsing into small parts and replacing certain parts of the phone.
NOTHING will help! Do not trust people who promise to “hack” it for money (most often not small!). Remember. it is impossible to delete an Apple ID without a password to it. iPhone or iPad are rigidly bound to the registration data and can only be unlinked:
- The direct owner of the device who owns this information.
- Apple employee.
Forgot Your iPhone Passcode? Here’s How You Can Regain Access!. XS/XR/X/8/7/6
Speaking of bindings, they come in two flavors:
- When activated, the system only asks for an Apple ID and password. Everything described below in the article will be devoted to this issue. In this case, there is hope for unlocking.
- Everything is the same, but the Lost Mode is on, in this case you will see the following inscription. This iPhone (iPad) was lost and erased (can be translated as “This iPhone was lost and all data was erased”). In the very last paragraph of the article, there are two “excellent” tips on how to proceed in this case.
So, we have the first scenario and there is no question of any lost mode, but you just forgot the password from iCloud (Apple ID) and the phone (tablet) was locked after updating the firmware or resetting the settings to the factory settings.
What to do? How do I clear the activation message? There are two ways:
- We go to the recovery page and try to do something there: indicate the mail to which the Apple ID is registered, enter an additional e-mail address, answer security questions. If you know at least something, then the chances of unlocking your iPhone increase.!
- For those who do not remember anything at all. We write (or better call) to Apple Support. here is the link to the contact page. We describe your situation as accurately and in detail as possible. Remember, there are people sitting there and more often than not stupid! Most likely, after a short conversation, you will be asked to prove the fact that the device belongs and has always belonged to you. How? Provide a photo of the box (of course, not just packaging, but the place where the serial number is indicated), the serial number of the gadget itself, plus a purchase document (receipts). If everything is in order and Apple employees believe you, the iCloud Lock will be removed.
However, it may also happen that this does not happen. Why? The fact is that just a huge number of people began to forge purchase documents and thus deceive the company.
I do not presume to judge whether it is good or bad, but the fact is that the number of unlocked devices using this method has decreased and each new application already initially causes distrust.
This means that such a situation may happen. the iPhone or iPad really belongs to you, you provided all the documents, and Apple employees refuse to remove Activation Lock. How to be? Write to the English-language support (the last subtitle in this article will help you figure out how to do this) and tell them the whole story about how you forgot your iCloud password and want to unlock it.
If they do not help, then, unfortunately, there is nothing left to do but either hand over the device for spare parts, or put it on the shelf until better times.
Such is the slightly sad ending of the article, but I think that in your case everything will be “OK” and the blocking will be removed for you.
Another convenient option for how to correctly set a new password and reset iCloud, if you forgot the old one, is to use two-factor authentication. However, you will be able to do this only if this procedure has already been installed in your account.
If so, then on your smartphone you need to open the application on a trusted device and go to the personal section in the settings, and then open the “Security” subsection and start recovery. All that is required of you further is to follow the prompts of the system and enter the code at the right time.
On older systems, you can also reset your password using two-factor authentication, but here this is done through the “Account” section in iCloud.
If you have selected a Mac as a trusted device, then you will need to do the following:
- First, open system preferences.
- There you need to open the section “iCloud” and go to the subsection “Accounts”.
- If after that the system asks you to log in, select the option “Data lost”.
- Then select “Reset” from the menu.
Forgot iCloud password on iPhone: what to do
In today’s article, you will find step-by-step instructions on what to do if you forgot your iCloud password on your iPhone. 5 ways to recover your password: by email, security question, two-step verification, two-factor authentication, and support. But first things first.
Surely each of you has forgotten your password at least once in your life. Today, with all the abundance of social networks, services and a variety of site formats, you have to keep a lot of data in your head. Therefore, it is not surprising that some of it is sometimes “lost”
Fortunately for us, the developers of the iCloud cloud service have prudently taken care of this possibility and introduced as many as five ways to restore access to your storage. In this article, we will talk about what to do if you forgot your Icloud password on your iPhone.
If you are unable to regain access to your account, then the only option left to log into iCloud is to contact Support.
- To get started, go to “https://iforgot.Apple.com”.
- Enter your account details here.
- The system will give you all the matches.
- Then go to “https://getsupport.Apple.com/”.
- Request the restoration of access to your account, while you should indicate as much information about it as possible.
- If you are asked to send a photo with a box from the device or a passport. take it and send it; you may also be asked to answer additional questions about your account.
If you manage to prove to the support staff that you are the real owner of the account, they will allow you to change your password to a new one.
What to do if you forgot your Icloud password on your iPhone, all options
As already mentioned, there are five ways to find out the password from Ayclaud if you forgot it. You can:
- use your email to reset your password;
- go through the reset procedure for control questions;
- use two-step verification (only for older devices);
- use two-factor authentication (only for new devices);
- contact support.
The latter option is needed in case the problem cannot be solved on its own. Next, we will look at all of the above methods separately.
How to reset your password using email
The easiest way to restore iCloud if you forgot your password is to use the email linked to your account. This option is suitable for users of any device; If you have forgotten the password from Icloud on iPhone 6th, 7th, 8th or X, then this is what you need. The procedure can be performed even through a computer.
- Enter the browser.
- In its address bar, write the address “https://iforgot.Apple.com”.
- On the page that opens, enter your Apple
- Select the “Reset” option.
- Then, when the system offers you several recovery options to choose from, select “Via E-mail”.
- Then click “Continue”.
- Open the email address you provided before.
- There should be a letter from the service, open it and follow the specified link; if not, check the “Spam” folder; if it is not there either. return to the previous page and select the option “Send the letter again” there.
- A page will open in front of you, where you need to enter a new password.
All that remains for you after that is to enter the cloud using the new data. Another reset letter will be sent to you, you do not need to reply to it, you can simply delete.
How to access iCloud by answering security questions
If for some reason you do not have access to the email associated with your iCloud account, then you can enable reset by security questions.
To use this option, you need to repeat the first four steps from the previous instructions, and then select the second option to restore access.
In this case, you will need to answer two security questions. You asked these questions and the answers to them yourself during registration. In addition, you will be asked to indicate your date of birth (the one that is indicated on your profile).
If you enter everything correctly, you will see a form for resetting the old password and creating a new one. After that, just go to your account with the new data.
What to do if you forgot your Icloud password on an older iPhone? As mentioned earlier, two-step verification is a method exclusively for older devices. It used to be used instead of 2FA.
For this method, how to unlock iCloud, if you forgot your password, you will need a recovery key. If it is also lost, then you can only create a new ID. If you have it, then let’s get down to business.
- We repeat the first four steps from the instructions with e-mail.
- Instead of sending instructions by mail, we select the request to enter the recovery key.
- Specify a trusted device.
- It should receive a code very quickly.
- Enter it on the site.
Access to your vault will be restored as soon as you come up with a new password.
Good day. you may have turned off the photo stream in your phone.
Good day. try to restore the password via mail. if you have access to it.
Hello, do you remember the password? not quite clear stated
Recover iCloud password without access to mail
Let’s say you forgot your iCloud password, and you don’t have access to your primary and backup e-mail. To unlock, you need to answer security questions:
- We connect the iPhone to the Internet. Go to settings in iCloud.
- Click on “Forgot your password” and enter your Apple ID login.
- Then we choose the answer to the security questions.
If you enter the correct answers, a window for changing the password will open on the screen. Now we enter a new security key, confirm and do not forget it anymore.
If the device uses two-step authentication, and a trusted device is connected, then you can use it to return access.
It is enough to enter the key that was received when setting up the verification so that the code is sent to the trusted device. Using this code, you can reset your iCloud password.
Hello, yes, you can Try logging into your account via your computer at iCloud.com and reset two-factor authentication there
Effective Way to Unlock iPhone without Passcode
If you are among those who do not remember the code from the iPhone, then, having learned how to unlock iPhone without a password, you can easily cope with this task. To do this, you need to be able to connect to a computer or laptop with iTunes installed.
Even if you did not enter the password correctly and the iPhone is locked, you can still sync it via iTunes. Before changing the code to enter the menu of the device, connect it to the USB port using the supplied cable (detachable from the charger). Be sure to sync your data so that you can recover it in case of loss due to improper recovery.
To use a locked iPhone, you must enter DFU mode. To do this, reboot the device as follows:
To unlock your iPhone if you forgot your password, you need to wait a few minutes until the sync is complete. iPhone will return to DFU mode, but the security code will no longer be on it.
The procedure for unlocking an iPhone without a password is simple, but quite lengthy. Often, users can not stand it and disconnect the device from a laptop or computer. You should not do this, as if you restore it incorrectly, all your data may be completely lost. In addition, in the future, there may be software failures in the operation of the device.
If you forgot your iPhone password and do not know what to do with it, use the suggested method, since it is impossible to unlock iPhone without iTunes.
Other Ways to Unlock iPhone If Forgot Password
For you to be able to navigate inactive ways to recover iPhone without passcode, please note the following.
Various websites report that the iOS operating system has bugs that allow you to bypass password protection if you make an emergency call. However, Apple has improved this gap, so it will not work to jailbreak an iPhone without a password using this method.
There is a method when it is recommended to delete the file with the security code from the iPhone through the IExplorer browser, however, this option is unlikely to lead to the desired result.
Some inept users argue that you can change the password on the iPhone if it is locked using the Find My iPhone application. However, this method is doomed to failure.
If you have come across instructions that claim that you can unlock your iPhone password without iTunes, then you shouldn’t waste time applying them, as they will be useless.
What to do if you forgot your Apple ID password?
Now that you know your Apple ID, which is e-mail, you can reset your Apple ID password by choosing one of two methods:
- Via e-mail (e-mail).
- By answering security questions.
You can reset your password on any device, be it an Android smartphone or tablet, a Windows computer or Mac OS, and of course on an iPhone and iPad.
How to recover your Apple ID password by answering security questions
In this method, you also need to go to a page specially created by Apple: http://iforgot.Apple.com/, write your Apple ID, ie e-mail and press the “continue” button.
Select the “Answer security questions” item and click on the “continue” button again.
Now you need to enter your date of birth, well, or the one that you indicated when you registered your Apple ID.
Correctly answer two control questions, in my case it is “The name of my childhood best friend?” and “Model of the first vehicle?”, click “continue”.
If you do not have access to the e-mail to which a letter is sent to reset your Apple ID password or you do not remember your date of birth and answers to security questions, you cannot do without contacting Support.
To contact Support Apple, you can call them by phone 7 (495) 580-95-57 (before calling, prepare the serial number of your device) or leave a support request on the website.
What to do if you forgot your Apple ID
But there are also such cases when they forget or do not know not only the password, but also the Apple ID. If there is no password on the iPhone or iPad, then you can spy on the Apple ID by going to the device’s settings. To do this, go to Settings → iCloud. There will be the mailing address that you wrote when registering your Apple ID. Actually, he is the Apple ID login.
Another way to find out a forgotten Apple ID. this is to see which Apple ID one of the applications you purchased is assigned to. But if you bought or downloaded the application from another Apple ID, then this method will not work.
1: Open iTunes on the computer you last connected your iPhone to.
2: Right click on one of the recently purchased apps. They are located in the “Media Library” tab.
3: Select in the menu Edit.> Info.> File.
4: In the item “customer”, you will see your forgotten Apple ID.
Now that you know your Apple ID, it’s time to reset or recover your password from it.
How to recover Apple ID password using email
The first thing you need to do is go to the page http://iforgot.Apple.com/ specially created by Apple, write your Apple ID, ie e-mail and press the “continue” button.
Now you need to select the item “Receive a message by e-mail” and again click on the “continue” button. Pay attention! Be sure to look at which specific e-mail the instructions for recovering your Apple ID password will be sent. In my case, messages are sent to a spare e-mail, and not to an Apple ID.
A letter should be sent to your mail with a link to reset your password. By clicking on it, you will be taken to a page where you will need to come up with and enter a new password.
What to do if you forgot your Apple ID for iCloud, iTunes or App Store? How to reset a forgotten Apple ID password
It happens that he came up with a password for the Apple ID so that it would not be hacked and he himself completely forgot it. It happens that you bought a used iPhone or iPad, and the Apple ID is blocked on it, if the seller has forgotten, if the seller has not deliberately left his account, and without it, it will not work to activate the device. Some even manage to forget their Apple ID.
From this instruction you will learn:
It turned out to recover a forgotten Apple ID or password from it?
I hope this tutorial helped you recover your Apple ID password. If it helped, then share it on social networks. If you know other ways to unlock Apple ID if you forgot your password. Be sure to write about them in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев.
Undoubtedly, it is not realistic to remember all passwords, especially if you have several dozen of them. That’s why I’ve been using 1Password password manager for over five years now, and I recommend it to you too.
Unlocking iPhone after jailbreak
Step-by-step unlocking instructions:
How to restore your iPhone if you forgot your passcode. Apple Support
- Download the SemiRestore application on the official website and install it on your computer.
- Using USB cable, connect iPhone to PC.
- Run the program and wait for the smartphone to be recognized.
- If the recognition procedure was completed correctly, then you should click the “SemiRestore” button. this will activate data clearing on the iPhone.
During unlocking, the smartphone’s backlight may turn off and then light up repeatedly. A few minutes later, when the iPhone is fully loaded, a clean desktop will appear on the screen, and the settings will return to their original settings. The fact that the Cydia utility has not disappeared anywhere indicates the safety of the jailbreak. Then they set a new password and transfer the contents from the iTunes backup to the gadget.
Hard reset Apple mobile device
If the owner of the iPhone has lost backups in iCloud or on a PC in iTunes, and access to the device is completely limited, then you will have to forget about all the files on the locked phone once and for all. The only solution to this problem is to restore the factory settings of the gadget.
- Connect your smartphone to a computer or laptop where iTunes is preinstalled.
- Perform a hard restart of the iPhone by holding down the power key and the Home button until the screen turns black. Continue to hold Home until the logo of the developer company is displayed on the screen. If iTunes appears on the screen after the bitten apple logo, it means switching to data recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, iTunes will be prompted to restore iPhone. It is possible that the application will require you to update the iPhone firmware. You need to confirm this action.
- The program will download the corresponding software version and install it on the connected device. After this, it will be possible to customize the gadget in a new way.
Reset iPhone password using restore from backup
How to unlock iPhone if you forgot your password? To restore data, you can use the iTunes service on a personal computer that was previously used to sync with an Apple device. In a similar situation, iTunes uses backups that were previously created automatically. Thus, the owner of the iPhone gets a chance to revert to using the old password.
- Connect the locked device to the PC and synchronize.
- Launch iTunes and wait until the required software is loaded. If the utility does not require entering a password, then it’s okay, but when iTunes asks for a code, it’s better to connect the iPhone to another PC, otherwise all information from the device will be destroyed.
- If the program did not require a password, then let iTunes continue the synchronization process, and then create a backup copy of the iPhone.
- After completing the synchronization and creating a backup, click on the “Restore” button.
- Select “Restore device from backup”.
- Select any personal iPhone backup file to restore. We must not forget that the latest versions contain the most relevant gadgets.
After completing the recovery, you can re-configure the password, but now try not to forget it.
What to do if you forgot your iPhone passcode?
As life practice shows, many owners of electronic gadgets often forget their passwords, so they try to duplicate them. There is no doubt that this goes against all measures of secure storage of information. However, this approach means that you don’t have to wonder how to unlock your iPhone when the last attempt to remember the unfortunate numbers ends up completely locking the device.
Developers from Apple, putting the security of user data at the forefront, have created a difficult situation: an incorrectly entered password entails a complete blocking of the device, which is problematic to remove without the participation of licensed services. The tenth unsuccessful attempt to enter the password from LockScreen will inevitably lead to the fact that the mobile device will be locked. You can regain access to the iPhone using the iTunes or iCloud service, while you need to remember the AppleID and password from your personal account.
What to do if you forgot your iPhone account password?
In addition to the security password, the owner of an Apple smartphone must always remember the AppleID password. It is not so easy to keep it in mind at all times. The user enters the screen lock password daily, thereby putting the combination of numbers into his subcortex. The AppleID password is needed only when it is necessary to download an application from the AppStore, so it is quickly erased from memory.
To recover your AppleID password, you need to go to the official website appleid.Apple.com, and then follow these steps:
- On the page of the website that opens, click the button “Forgot AppleID or password?”. A window will appear where you will need to drive in the AppleID. After the identification input, click “Continue”.
- Choose a way to change your password: an email (which is specified during registration) or a security question. Basically, they prefer the first method, because if the user does not remember the AppleID password, then the answer to the security question even flew out of his head. After clicking the “Continue” button, a message appears notifying that the letter has been sent to the mailbox.
- You need to go to the post office and find the corresponding letter. Follow the link “Reset password”.
- Create and set a password in a special form.
How to unlock iPhone via iCloud?
There is another way to reset your password. through the iCloud service. To restore, you will need to activate Find My iPhone, which allows you to remotely delete iPhone content and find its location in the event of theft or loss. This function is enabled as follows: enter the “iCloud Settings” menu and toggle the toggle switch located opposite the “Find iPhone” column (located at the bottom of the display).
If you can’t remember your iPhone passcode, and the content stored on it isn’t particularly valuable, you should follow these steps:
- Go to the official website of the data storage service. iCloud. On the main page of the site, the user will be prompted to enter identification data.
- After the password for the account is verified, a map diagram will appear in front of your eyes, allowing you to find the coordinates of the smartphone.
- Select your device in the “All devices” section
- The gadget control menu should appear on the right panel. select “Erase iPhone”
- Re-enter your Apple ID password. Next, the process of eliminating the previous settings and content will be launched. The well-known Apple logo in the form of an apple will appear on the display, a download bar will appear. this indicates that the erasing procedure has been started.
After successfully unlocking and returning to the previous settings, you can try to resolve the issue of restoring personal data from a backup. To do this, go to the “Setup Assistant”. However, there is no one hundred percent guarantee that such a manipulation will bring a positive result.
Unlocking iPhone at a service center
If all attempts to regain access to the iPhone at home have not been crowned with success, it remains only to take the smartphone to a specialized center. How much will it cost to unlock an iPhone? Depending on the iPhone model, the amount can vary from one to two thousand rubles. If you want to save at least some money, going to the official Apple service, you need to take your iPhone documents and a check with you. Service wizards will do their best to unlock iPhone without losing valuable data.