How to restart iPhone if the screen is not responding to touches
In a standard situation, to reboot after pressing the lock button, you need to confirm the action by swiping your finger across the screen. But you can restart your smartphone even if the sensor does not respond. This procedure is called “Hard Reset” or “Hard Reset”. To do this, you must simultaneously press the lock and “Home” buttons on the phone. You need to hold them for a few seconds (about 10) until the screen turns off and the Apple logo appears on the display. This means that the smartphone has rebooted.
Possible consequences of rebooting without using a sensor
The “hard reboot” procedure is marked in the instructions as a last resort for cases when other, more secure, ways to turn off or restore the smartphone to work do not help. In fact, if you do not abuse the “Hard Reset” and do not use this method all the time, then there will be no negative consequences for the smartphone. However, with frequent use, it becomes possible to lose information that is stored in the smartphone’s memory. Hard reboots can crash or completely damage the iPhone memory module. The number of hard reboots and module failure are not directly related, but the probability increases over time. Thus, do not neglect regular data backups to iCloud and try to use “Hard Reset” as little as possible.
How to turn off iPhone if the screen is not working
If the touch screen stops responding to touches, this is not a reason to rush to the workshop. just try restarting your smartphone first. How to turn off the iPhone if the screen does not work, we will tell you in this article.
The first thing that is advised to do in case of any malfunction or freeze of the smartphone is to restart the device. However, the non-functional touchscreen makes the standard reboot procedure impossible. Below is a detailed description of how to turn off your iPhone if it freezes and the sensor does not work.
How to turn off iPhone if sensor is not working
When a reboot is not needed and you only need to turn off the smartphone, the algorithm of actions changes somewhat. The shutdown procedure is similar to the one discussed, only you need to hold down the lock and Home buttons for 4-5 seconds until the screen turns off and then immediately release it, without waiting for the logo to appear. In this case, the phone will not be turned on again (rebooted). To restart the smartphone after a hard shutdown, standard actions will be required. hold the power button for two to three seconds.
Unstable operation or complete failure of the touch screen is often associated with the following reasons:
- Mechanical impact (due to impact or falling of the phone).
- Ingress of moisture into the case (moisture protection for Apple smartphones does not guarantee complete impermeability).
- Overheating of the smartphone.
- IOS software crash or freeze.
- Poor quality protective glass or bumper.
And if it is better to contact a service center with mechanical problems, then in other cases it is worth trying to restart the iPhone. In the overwhelming majority of cases, this will be enough to restore performance. How to turn off the iPhone if the screen does not work, we will tell you in the following sections.
If all else fails
If the described methods did not work or you do not want to perform a hard reboot, then try other options. “Hard Reset” is a quick and easy way, but not the only one. Two more methods on how to turn off the iPhone if the sensor does not work are described below.
The safest option would be banal waiting for the battery to drain. The iPhone will turn itself off and to turn it on again, you just need to connect the charger to it. This method is the safest for the phone and does not create additional risks.
Another fairly harmless and uncomplicated option would be to restore your smartphone through the iTunes media service. You will need a computer with the installed program and Internet access. Connect iPhone to PC with original USB cable and wait for iTunes to find and detect your device. If the identification stage has passed successfully, find the “Restore iPhone” button on the “Overview” tab and confirm the action.
In the process of updating and restoring factory settings, the program will automatically restart the phone. This iTunes function will delete all media files and other data from the device while it is running. Therefore, before starting the recovery, be sure to make a backup and save it to iCloud.
How to turn off iPhone if buttons don’t work?
But how can you turn off the iPhone X without a button, if, for example, it is broken or completely missing?
It is quite simple to do this:
- Go to the “Settings” of the phone;
- Go to the “Basic” section;
- Scroll the contents of the category all the way down and find the “Disable” command there;
- After pressing this button, the device should turn off.
How to turn off iPhone 10 (X)?
The ability to turn off your smartphone in several ways is an important skill that can help in many situations. The most striking example is that people do not know how to turn off the iPhone 10 when a button or sensor is not working. Therefore, it is worth analyzing several ways to disable this phone model.
Shutting down iPhone via SOS mode
This method is also suitable for those cases when the user is left without a screen, that is, nothing is displayed on it or he is frozen.
It is necessary to press the lock button 5 times (yes, as much as 5 times. do not be surprised), after which the “SOS” menu will appear, in which there are several options, including turning off the device. It is noteworthy that there is no need to go through the Face ID or Touch ID verification.
How to turn off iPhone if it freezes?
And the first option to turn off the iPhone X is perfect if it freezes and does not respond to taps on the screen. All you have to do is press the new Power button or the volume up button at the same time. Hold them for a short time and the phone should hang, and the shutdown will appear on the screen.
As we have already noted in the image, the new iPhone 10 does not have the power button in the lower part of the case, which is familiar to all users of Apple devices. It is because of this that some have difficulties turning off and on the gadget. All you need to do is just get used to the on / off buttons now on the side.
Hard Reboot. Cardinal Method
If the sensor does not work or the iPhone 10 freezes in some other way, and has not responded to any actions for a long time, then you can proceed to the toughest measures, namely a forced reboot of the device.
On older devices, this was done by simultaneously pressing the “Home” and “Power” keys.
In model 10, this is done in a different way:
- Hold and then release the volume up key;
- Hold and then release the volume down key;
- Press and hold the “Power” button.
Such actions will lead to a forced reboot, and within a minute you will see the usual working screen.
Important! The forced reboot method, used often, can seriously harm the performance of iPhone X. Therefore, use this option only in the most urgent cases.
Turn off your iPhone 10 with ease using all of the steps listed, even if the buttons are not working or the screen is faulty.
How to force shutdown or restart iPhone X, XS, XR
In some situations, it may be necessary to force or urgently restart and turn off the iPhone (iPad, iPod). Most often, this is necessary when the device freezes for any reason and does not want to work normally.
There are two options for restarting a smartphone. soft and hard. In fact, they are one and the same, however, there are several nuances that you should pay attention to:
- A soft reset is possible if the device continues to respond to pressing. The action is applicable when updating the software, to clear memory and to shutdown background applications.
- A hard reset is required when the device does not respond to anything and freezes. iPhone has to be forcibly turned off and then on.
To restart the device if the application crashes or the headset does not connect, you must do the following:
- Press and immediately release the volume up button.
- Repeat similar actions with the volume down button.
- Next, you need to press the power button and hold it in this position for a while, until the product reboots.
Attention! The described actions must be carried out quickly, without long interruptions.
The shutdown circuit is quite simple, but requires adherence to the sequence
You can also restart your iPhone using the previous method. turn it off and then turn it on again. Such actions will help to reset errors and restore the operation of the iPhone.
To restart iPhone 11 (max pro 11) or other versions, you can also create a virtual restart button. To do this, carry out the following actions:
- Go to Settings. Accessibility. Touch. AssistiveTouch.
- In this menu, you need to activate the main switch.
- After that, the Restart button is added to the iPhone 11 or Pro Max 11 menu.
If desired, the button can be added manually to the Top Level Menu. If you need to reboot, you just need to select a key and confirm your action. This method will help in the event that the menu and sensor are still active, and not stuck together with the device.
You just need to swipe on the command that appears on the display
How to turn off iPhone 10? You can turn off iPhone X by using the Power and volume up buttons. You need to hold them down at the same time, the shutdown menu will appear on the screen.
How to force shutdown iPhone 7
Unfortunately, it is not uncommon to reboot different iPhone models, including the 7 or 7 Plus version. The method using the Home button will also not work in this case, because in this version Apple also changed the physical button under the screen to a touch button, which can also freeze. What to do in such a case?
It is proposed to carry out the following actions:
- Hold down the power on / off button, which is on the right.
- Without releasing, press the volume down button located on the left.
- It is necessary to keep the keys pressed until the apple icon appears on the screen.
This combination is quite simple, the main thing is to perform all actions sequentially.
How to turn off iPhone XS / XR
On new models, starting with the iPhone X, three keys are installed. the volume (increase, decrease), as well as the power key on the right side. With the help of these buttons it is possible to turn off and turn on the device.
To turn off your iPhone, you need to do the following:
- Press and hold the side power button and any of the volume buttons. As a result of the manipulation, a dialog box will appear on the display.
- At the top of the screen, you need to swipe to the right, which will force the smartphone to turn off.
How to Force Turn OFF/Restart iPhone 11. Frozen Screen Fix
There are several ways to turn off the apple device
How to turn on iPhone XR after all the steps? For iPhone XC or XP to start turning on, you need to press the power button once.
How to turn off iPhone XR or XS. instructions
Often, iPhone users have a problem. they can’t turn it off, they just don’t know how to do it. The fact is that in the new versions. XS / XR. a completely different device, a standard reboot will not help in this case. Frameless iPhones are distinguished by a modified interface, which often becomes a problem for the user. They lack buttons, and standard combinations do not work, Siri is also useless. The question naturally arises, how to turn off the iPhone XR.
How to Force Restart iPhone 6s, 6s Plus, or iPhone SE
Older iPhones (6s, 6s Plus, or SE) may also require a reboot. This may be necessary in the event of a software update or some errors.
In order to turn off and turn on the phone, you need to do the following:
- You need to press the power button (located on the sides of the device or on top of the iPad) and hold it for a few seconds.
- The screen will display: “Slide to Power Off”.
- After performing this action, the smartphone will turn off.
- To turn on the device, you need to press this key again.
- The machine may ask you to enter a password even if you have only used your fingerprint before.
It is recommended to take your time and carry out all actions sequentially in order to get the desired result.
Force restarting iPhones of this model is a simple process:
- Hold down the home key (there is one on the front panel) and the power off key at the same time.
- Do not release the buttons until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
- After that, press the keys and let the device restart.
- Enter a password, even if previously identified with a fingerprint.
Such a shutdown helps to cope with many problems when the device has ceased to respond to any action. If all the steps are done correctly, the iPhone should be restored.
How to put iPhone XS and XR into Recovery Mode
Recovery mode means recovery. Sometimes the user may need it too, so it is worth knowing how to correctly enter the phone into this state. The procedure includes the following steps:
- ITunes is installed on the computer. It is important to select the latest version of this software.
- Connect iPhone (iPad) XS or XR to a computer using a cable, open iTunes.
- Press the volume up button and release.
- Repeat the action with the volume down key.
- Press and hold the Power button while the restart is in progress. Release after the iTunes connection screen appears.
- Then you will be prompted to update or restore the device.
If using a computer, you need the iTunes app
To turn off Recovery Mode, you need to hold down the Power button until the iTunes Connect screen disappears. It is important to perform all actions quickly and follow the necessary sequence.
Shutting down iPhone in reboot mode
Well, now let’s talk about how to turn off your iPhone if it freezes and does not respond to any actions. In general, everything will be very simple here too:
- Press the Power and Home buttons simultaneously. The Home button is located under the display of the device. An important point! In the seventh iPhone, this button became touch-sensitive, that is, pressing it, as you understand, will not work. However, this does not mean that the user of the current Apple flagship cannot reboot, they just need to clamp not Power and Home, but Power and the volume down button.
- We hold the indicated keys until the display shows an “apple” on a black background.
- Now all that remains is to wait until the smartphone turns on and you can again enjoy the device operating in normal mode, of course, if the reason for the freeze was not critical.
Today we have learned how you can turn off the iPhone if the sensor or the lock button does not work. In the first case, you will need to activate the Assistive Touch function, and in the second, either wait until the charge on your gadget runs out, or resort to a forced restart of the phone. We hope you succeed. Tell us in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев which method helped you.!
Sensor stopped working: how to restart iPhone?
All equipment is malfunctioning. Unfortunately, neither premium brands of devices, nor budget ones are protected from breakdowns and freezes. What to do if iPhone suddenly freezes and the screen does not respond to touches? In this article, we will explain in detail how to turn off iPhone if the sensor does not work.
Shutting down iPhone normally
However, before giving instructions on how to turn off a frozen iPhone, we want to explain to you how to turn it off normally. Yes, most of you probably know perfectly well how to do this, but what if the article was opened by a newbie who is just getting acquainted with Apple technology? For such a person, our instructions will be very useful.
So, to turn off the i-smartphone you need:
1 Press and hold the Power button for a few seconds. The picture illustrating the instructions shows the iPhone 4S, however, on all other Apple smartphones, you will find the indicated key in the same place. The only exceptions are the iPhone 6 / 6S and iPhone 7 models. for these smartphones the Power button is located on the right side end.
2 As soon as the shutdown window appears on the display, the button can be released. The shutdown window looks like this: on the top. a strip for a swipe to confirm the shutdown, on the bottom. a button for a tap with an image of a cross that cancels it. 3 If you haven’t changed your mind and want to turn off the device, follow the confirmation swipe and you’re done!
To now turn on the device, you just need to press the Power button and hold it until the familiar “bull’s-eye” appears on the screen. this means that the boot process has begun, and the button can be released.
If the touchscreen does not work
Now let’s talk about the case if the sensor does not work. This is most often due to a hardware or software failure. You need to clarify the nature of this problem in order to correct it. After describing the method, we will tell you why. So, how to turn off your iPhone if the sensor is not working?
- Take the device in your hands and simultaneously hold down the lock button and the “Home” key. Keep them pressed until the smartphone screen turns off. If you are using the seventh iPhone. then instead of the Home button you will use the volume down key.
Hold down the lock button and the home key
- Then release them. Then the Apple logo should appear.
- After that, hold down the lock key for a couple of seconds to turn on the iPhone.
The described method is a way to force reboot the apple device. It is used only in cases where other methods are powerless. Therefore, it is not recommended to use it frequently. If your screen is broken, take it urgently to a specialized service center, where you can have it replaced.
Another very simple and harmless way to turn off iPhone without a button is to simply wait. The question immediately arises in my head: what is the expectation? You just need to wait until your apple device runs out of charge and it turns off on its own. Then you don’t have to hard reset your smartphone, as described above.
If the iPhone starts to behave strangely, for no reason to think or just slow down, you can simply reboot the device. This can be done in a similar way.
Instead of the Screen Lock button in the AssistiveTouch menu, add the Restart option.
Now, to restart, you need to press the AssistiveTouch virtual key, select the Restart item and confirm the action.
And how to turn on the turned off iPhone now
Without the Power button, you will have to turn on the iPhone by supplying power to the device. It is enough to connect it to a computer, charger or PowerBank and the device will turn on instantly.
Remember this before turning off your iPhone with a broken power button.
Thank you re: Store for useful and interesting information.
Without a physical button, you will have to use its virtual counterpart. To do this, you need to enable AssistiveTouch.
We follow the path Settings. General. Accessibility. AssistiveTouch and activate the main switch.
Opening the Top Level Menu section
Select any unnecessary button from the existing ones or add an additional icon to the menu.
Selecting the Screen Lock option.
Now in the AssistiveTouch menu that appears when you click on the virtual button, you can see the screen lock button. Pressing will turn off the display, and holding it will call the iPhone mute slider we need.
Conveniently enable / disable AssistiveTouch
Turning off and restarting the device is not needed every day, but the virtual button will regularly appear on the screen. You can configure its quick hiding and display.
Go to Settings. General. Accessibility. Keyboard shortcut and select AssistiveTouch. After that, triple pressing the Home button will toggle the AssistiveTouch menu on and off.
How to turn iPhone off and on when the power button isn’t working
One of the common breakdowns in different iPhone models is the failure of the on / off button of the device. In this case, repairs are inexpensive, but not everyone can stay for several days without their favorite gadget.
This is not necessary, because there is a way to use the device even with a broken button.
In the first test version of iOS 11, the developers added a special menu item along the path Settings. General. Disable. It brings up the menu to turn off the device without pressing the power button.
There are several months before the official release of the firmware, and you can use a device with a broken button right now.
I love technology and everything connected with it. I believe that the greatest discoveries of humanity are yet to come!
Reset network settings
- To turn off the device in a few seconds, you need to go to “Settings”.
- In the “General” select the function of resetting network options.
- Next, enter the lock password and restart the phone.
Such a discrepancy occurs very rarely, but there is a place to be. A discharged battery during charging provokes interference in the electronic part of the monitor, due to which it stops responding to touches. This is connected with a breakdown or marriage of the charger, which makes a similar reaction.
The situation can be corrected only by purchasing the latest memory. In this question, it is also recommended to give preference to only unique products.
- Discharge iPhone.
- Charge with a brand new charger.
How to restart iPhone XR
On the iPhone XR, the methods that allowed you to reboot the phone changed. There is no Home key, and accordingly, you can reboot the device using the rest of the method. That being said, the ancient version of the reboot still works.
To restart the iPhone XR, the user needs to follow these steps:
- press the “Power” key and hold it for 10 seconds;
- a special window will appear, at the top of which you need to click on the reboot button.
The iPhone XR will now reboot, turning it off and on without the help of others. Additional actions are not required. This method is relevant if the iPhone XR works as usual. But even with the Apple technique, strange freezes can occur, and in this case, this reboot method is ineffective for the user.
There is also a fallback that will allow you to restart your smartphone:
- you need to hold the “Volume” and “Power” button for 10 seconds;
- the phone screen, if it worked, will go out, and after a couple of seconds an apple from Apple will appear.
Such a reboot is called “Hard reset” and is specially created in order to reboot the iPhone XR in case of unforeseen situations.
Non-standard device reboot methods
There are other, more unique ways to restart your iPhone:
How to restart iPhone
- IPhone freezes reasons
- How to restart iPhone if the screen is not working
- How to Force Restart iPhone
- How to restart iPhone 5
- How to restart iPhone 6
- How to restart iPhone 7
- How to restart iPhone 8
- How to restart iPhone 10
- How to restart iPhone XR
- How to restart iPhone 11
The Apple phone, like any other phone, can freeze, hence the question arises of how to restart the iPhone. On different iPhones, this is done in its own way, so it is worth taking a closer look at certain models and methods for rebooting them.
How to restart iPhone 11
The iPhone 11 smartphone, although it is quite a massive device, but unfortunately, it can also freeze. In this case, the user must reboot the device and return it to normal operation. This can be done in 2 ways.
If the iPhone works without errors, then a reboot is done like this:
- you need to press the “Power” button and hold it for a couple of seconds;
- wait until the user has a window with a reboot;
- you need to press the reset button and wait 20 seconds until the operation is performed.
This method is effective for those Apple phones that work as they should.
How to turn off iPhone without using touch screen
If the screen of the device freezes or stops working, you need to restart the iPhone 11 in the other way:
- press the “Power” button and “Volume control” at the same time;
- wait about 5-10 seconds;
- the iPhone 11 screen will turn off and after a certain amount of time the manufacturer’s logo will appear.
This reboot will work if the iPhone 11 is frozen during its operation and you need to wake up the device, returning it to stable and smooth operation.
How to restart iPhone 6
In order to restart iPhone 6, you can use 2 methods.
The first one is created in order to reboot the phone when it is in working condition:
- you need to hold the power key for 3 seconds;
- select the “Restart” button on the monitor;
- wait while the phone performs these actions.
Then the iPhone 6 will reboot itself, the user does not need to do anything more.
If the phone is frozen, then an emergency reboot will help:
Power Off iPhone 11 Without Screen
- you need to press the “Include” button and hold it;
- click on the “Home” button;
- hold down two keys for a couple of seconds;
- the smartphone will automatically turn off.
After the steps taken, it remains to wait until the apple appears on the iPhone 6 monitor and it turns on on its own.
Restart iPhone normally
The standard method to restart iPhone if the screen does not work:
- Press and hold the Power key in the upper part of the case for 2-3 seconds.
- The monitor will show the inscription “Disable”.
- Swipe from left to right in the direction of the pointer.
- If everything is done correctly, the device will turn off.
- To return it to working condition, you need to hold down the Power key again.
This method is safe for all files and applications downloaded to the phone.