Beginning of work
Now you have become the proud owner of an “apple” device, registered an account, downloaded several programs and games. But last but not least, iPad and iPhone are excellent devices for viewing and listening to content.
Therefore, you cannot do without a special program from Apple. iTunes. With its help, you can copy not only your favorite songs, but also any of your other media files.
There are three ways to download music to iPad from your computer. that is, transfer the files you want to your tablet or phone. First you need to download the above program from the official website.
Step-by-step instruction “How to download music to iPad from computer hard drive”
Click the “” sign in the lower left corner:
In the drop-down menu, select “New playlist Ctrl N”:
In the window that opens, enter the name of the playlist and click “Finish”:
Using the usual file manager, open the folder with the music that we want to transfer, and select the necessary compositions. Hold down the left mouse button and drag them to iTunes:
We confirm the creation of the playlist and click “Finish”:
The created playlist (in our case, its name is Easy Help) will appear in the menu on the left:
We connect our iPad to the computer, wait for it to appear in iTunes, and go to the tablet control panel:
Click “Apply” in the lower right corner:
In the drop-down menu, we confirm the changes by clicking “Apply”:
Disconnect the iPad from the computer, go to the “Music” application:
To listen, press the desired track:
In the future, you can add music to an existing playlist or create new ones. Remember, if you update your library with a different ID, your iPad will automatically sync and all existing media will be deleted. Therefore, always use one computer to add music to iPad in iTunes.
You can also download and listen to music using the built-in player of any cloud storage. All you need to do is install the official app from the App Store. In Method 2 of the next article, we covered how to transfer files from computer to the Dropbox cloud and play them on iPad.
How to Transfer Music from iPad to PC with Wondershare TunesGo
After installing Wondershare TunesGo, launch it on your computer. Connect your iPad to your computer using a USB cable and the program will automatically detect your iPad.
You will see several categories of files in the upper middle of the software window. Select a music category and the program will show all your iPad music files in the main interface. Check the music files you need and click the Export button, and then select Export to PC from the drop-down menu. After that, select the target folder on your computer and click OK to start transferring music from iPad to PC.
How to Transfer Files From PC to iPhone. iPad. iPod (Without iTunes)!
The easiest and most commonly used way to download music to your Apple tablet. ITunes allows you to sync playlists and add new ones. Sometimes the title and author may be displayed incorrectly, for this there is an editing function, including the album cover.
First, we need to add music to iTunes itself.
- Connect iPad to PC and launch iTunes. Click “File”. “Add File to Library”. If the user wants to add several songs, he must first create a separate folder with files, and then “Add folder to the library”.
In the window that opens, find the desired song and click “Open”.
The file you just downloaded appears in the song list.
Next, we move on to transferring music to the iPad itself.
- In the iTunes program, click on the icon of the connected device.
In the left menu, select the “Music” section and check the “Sync Music” box. Select Entire Library or Selected Playlists to sync only specific songs. Click Apply. Wait for copying to finish.
In fact, the user can choose any player or file manager from the App Store, however VLC has support for many video and music formats. The application can work via Wi-Fi, via a link, with cloud storage. There is support for advanced subtitle formats, selection of audio tracks and changing the playback speed.
This method is designed to work with both VLC itself and iTunes.
- Connect iPad to PC and open iTunes.
- Click on the device icon on the top bar.
Go to “Shared Files” and find the VLC app in the list. Click on it.
Transfer the desired music file to the “VLC Documents” window and wait for the copying to complete.
Open the app on your tablet, tap on the song you just downloaded. Playback starts.
Please note that when the iPad is locked, music will still continue to play. While listening, the user can change some settings.
By clicking the “Change” button on the main screen, you can rename files and create new folders for storage.
Three ways to download music to iPad from computer
The operating system iOS, loved by each of its users, which runs the iPhone and iPad, is unique in the modern world. And the bottom line is that it is a closed OS that makes third-party intervention difficult, and therefore makes the system secure. But the same feature leaves an imprint on us. ordinary users. For example, simply connecting the gadget to a computer and copying music will not work. Here, such a seemingly simple action must be performed through the iTunes program. And how to use it and how to download music from a computer to iPad, now we’ll figure it out.
How to Transfer Music from iPad to PC via Dropbox
As you know, Dropbox is a cloud service that allows users to sync files between mobile devices and computer. So this part will show you how to transfer music from iPad to PC with Dropbox.
Note: Please note that Dropbox only provides 2GB for free use and if you want more storage you will have to pay for it.
Step 1 Install and launch Dropbox on your computer and iPad. Start it with the same account.
Step 2 Launch Dropbox and you will find the Add button. Tap it to add music files from your iPad music app. Then open the Dropbox folder on your computer and you will find the synced music files. You can download them to your local hard drive.
If you want to use iPad with Dropbox, please make sure you have stable Wi-Fi and enough storage space on your iPad. The app can take up your iPad storage while files are being added to it.
Desktop programs and cloud services are useful for the task, but TunesGo Retro makes the process easier without the need for an Internet connection. Therefore, TunesGo retro works like a champ when compared to the other two methods. If you are interested in this program, just check it out.
- Learn how to listen to music on your Apple Watch.
- Learn how to manually move specific songs or videos from your computer to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- Learn how to delete the contents of your iCloud library.
- Learn what to do if you see a message that says your device is “unable to sync” or that iTunes cannot copy a specific song to your device.
- Learn how to transfer content from your previous iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your new device.
- Learn about different ways to manage your video collection on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, or PC.
26% of people found this helpful.
How to transfer music from computer to iPad
If there is no music or it cannot be played
- Make sure you’re signed in with the Apple ID and password used for Apple Music subscriptions and iTunes Store purchases.
- Make sure Apple Music subscription is active.
- Check if purchases are hidden. If yes then display them.
- Find out what it means to show song titles in gray.
- Learn what to do if an exclamation mark appears next to content in iTunes.
- Learn what to do if songs, albums, playlists, or other imported content don’t appear after updating iTunes on your computer.
Music format for iPhone
There are many formats that differ in the quality of the reproduced sound with the same power of the playback device. The mp3 format is no longer the only one. And it is not considered one of the best, while it is the most popular. Modern iPhone and iPad models support any format. Few people know how to download music of other formats to iPhone 6. If necessary, they are converted using programs. Playable formats include:
- aac protected;
- mp3 vbr;
- Apple lossless;
Any composition can upload iPhone and iPad, but not every device can read it. Using iTunes is an easy way to transfer and convert files. We bring to your attention step-by-step instructions on how to download the desired materials to your phone. With her, it’s easy to learn how to throw off songs that will be read by the device in the future.
- Installing iTunes software on your computer. The program for downloading music to iPhone is stored on the official website. Supports updated versions of Windows, Vista. The sites contain a lot of useful information on how to add music to iPhone through iTunes and other programs.
- After installation, launch iTunes.
- Connect iPhone to computer via USB cable.
- Add the song you like that you want to throw off. To do this, click the “File” button, go to “Add to Library”. Open the desired song or several songs.
- There is a second way how to transfer compositions. Click “Add folder to library”. The second method is suitable for adding a large number of songs.
- We are waiting for the songs to be determined by iTunes. Select the image of your device and click.
- We open the menu with compositions. We select the songs that you want to transfer. If necessary, check the box next to “All Library”. Synchronization will take place.
- Click the “Apply” button. It’s located in the lower-right corner of iTunes. We are waiting for the end of synchronization.
If you want to throw off photos, videos, applications, then repeat the entire procedure above. Audio, video and photos are manually processed through iTunes. This function is useful if the multimedia is larger than the size of the smartphone. Adding materials is different in one diagram of how to add songs to iPhone. Instead of the “Compositions” section, select the required one, for example, “Films”.
How to transfer music from computer to iPhone via iTunes and iTools
Some of the most popular devices are the iPhone and iPad with the ios operating system. With them, it’s easy to listen to audio, watch a movie, read your favorite works, complete tasks, play. Users who have just bought such a device do not always know how to transfer music from a computer to an iPhone or iPad. There are so many difficult and useless instructions out there. The article describes a simple instruction on how to properly transfer music from a computer to an iPhone.
How to Copy Music from Computer to iPhone?
To upload songs or, for example, audiobooks, from a computer to an iPhone, you need to install iTunes on this computer. All manipulations for copying any files to Apple devices are performed only through this program.
So, install iTunes on your computer, after downloading it on the official website. At the time of this writing, the current version of iTunes is 12: Run the program. From the top in the center, select the tab “My Music”, or click in the upper left corner on the icon in the form of a note: If suddenly you do not see the menu bar on top, click in the upper left corner on the icon in the form of a square and there select “Show menu bar ”:
So, we are in the “Music” section, and so far we have nothing here. Now we will add songs from the computer here, and then, for convenience, we will place them in a separate playlist.
This is done as follows: in the menu bar, go to “File”. “Add file to the library” (if you want, you can add a whole folder with songs here at once. then you need to select “Add folder to the library”): We find the songs we need on the computer. select them and click “Open”: Songs added to iTunes! By default, iTunes displays songs as albums. This is not very convenient: Therefore, I advise you to click on the word “Albums” in the upper right corner and select “Songs”: Now we can clearly see all our downloaded songs:
Basically, you can already connect your iPhone to your computer and transfer our music to it. But personally, I suggest that you first create separate playlists and scatter our downloaded songs over them. Imagine that we would add not 7 songs to iTunes, as in my example, but, for example, 70. If we create 2-3 different playlists, then it will be easier for us to navigate, and they will look neat on the iPhone.
Switch from the top center to the “Playlists” tab: Then, in the menu bar, go to “File”. “New”. “Playlist”: A new playlist will be created, which we will rename as we need: for example, Songs 2015: Now click on the right button “Add”: Then from the list of our songs select those that we would like to place in this playlist, and drag them with the mouse to the right (where the note is shown). You can drag them one at a time; you can, by holding down the Ctrl key, select several at once and transfer everything at once. After dragging and dropping the necessary songs here, click the “Finish” button on the right: One playlist. ready!
Now, for the sake of example, let’s create another playlist. In the menu bar, go to “File”. “New”. “Playlist”. Let’s give it a name: Songs for the beach: Then press the “Add” button on the right. Drag the songs you want to the right side. click “Finish”:
So, we have created two playlists with songs. Now we can copy them to iPhone.
We connect the iPhone to the computer using a USB cable. After that, our device will be displayed on the icon bar. click on it:
Here, in the “Settings” section, select the “Music” line. Then, on the top right, we put the checkbox “Synchronize music”. Slightly below, switch the marker to the position “Favorite playlists, artists, albums and genres”.
Even lower, in the “Playlists” section, put the checkboxes on the playlists we created: “Songs 2015” and “Songs for the Beach”.
After that, at the very bottom, click the “Apply” button:
All! Immediately after that, two new playlists with songs appeared on my iPhone in the Music application:
It’s very simple. We launch the iTunes program on the computer. We connect the iPhone to the computer using a USB cable. After that, our device will be displayed on the icon bar. click on it.
Here, in the “Settings” section, select the “Music” line. Then, on the top right, uncheck the “Sync music” checkbox. A window will appear with the message: “Do you really want to sync your music? All songs and playlists on the iPhone will be deleted. ” We press the “Delete” button in it: And then at the bottom we press the “Apply” button. All! After that, all songs and playlists will disappear from your iPhone.
Using iTools lets you learn how to add music to iPhone. In the program, the user can write tags for easy search, grouping and organization of any file. Independent settings are registered separately and the volume level is set. The user creates his own playlists, compiled by genres, styles, performers. The materials are transferred to the smartphone via synchronization. Both individual compositions and groups are downloaded. Here’s a simple guide on how to upload music to iPhone using iTools:
- Launch the iTools program. If necessary, the latest updated version is kept on the official website. After starting, select the “File” item, click “Add to Library”.
- Let’s figure out how to add music files to iTunes. Select the folder containing audio. The program downloads both individual audio and a group. Copying materials. Loaded using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl O or Command A. Try copying and moving the files. This is the easiest way to throw them.
- Be aware when downloading that iTunes uses the metadata specified by the tags. Feel free to create a collection of files.
- The created collection is available in the “Audio” section. Synchronization is required for the content to be loaded into the smartphone’s memory.
- You may have questions about how to connect your iPhone to your computer. There are several ways, we recommend using a USB cable or the Internet.
- Open the “Devices” tab, click “Browse” and select the desired device. Waiting for contact.
- In the “Parameters” tab, check the “Process audio and video manually” function. So it is convenient to independently configure the synchronization of the created collection by genre.
- To download all materials quickly, select the “Entire Library” function.
- After compiling the playlist, check the amount of free space on the device, and then click “Apply”.
- Use the app store to download apps on iPhone.
- Setting up and transferring audio from iTunes was successful.
Learn How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Computer.
Here you can take absolutely any email address. So, it is necessary:
- go to your page in the mail;
- click on “New letter”;
- attach files to transfer to iPad;
- send to yourself to your address;
- go to the mail through the Apple gadget;
- download files to internal memory.
It is important not to go beyond the boundary dimensions. Each service has its own. If all the information could not be transferred at one time, you need to re-execute the manual with the remaining data. Suitable for PCs with any operating system.
How to upload videos and photos to iPad from a computer without the Internet?
Such a need may arise at any time when using iPad, for example, if you want to have your favorite music videos or a portfolio with a full set of photos at hand. If suddenly the Internet is not available, a USB cable will do.
In this case, the branded tablet will act as a flash drive. You need to connect 2 types of equipment with a cable, the PC will see the tablet in the form of a flash drive. Then you need to copy everything that is necessary there / from there.
The main purpose of this software is to simplify the transfer of video and other content from iPad to computer and back. Its only drawback is the English-language interface, but this does not pose a particular problem. Need to:
- connect devices to each other;
- in the menu, click the icon with the desired action (the icons are so clear that it is difficult to make a mistake);
- decide on the elements to transfer.
Information is transferred from device to device with lightning speed. With the help of this program, files can also ply between two Apple gadgets, to iTunes and back, to any device on iOS, specified by the user (for example, iPhone).
Paid software, suitable for Mac and Windows. During the download, you need to purchase a license for your OS on your computer. You will need a license for authorization in the system.
(Updated)How to Transfer Files From PC to iPhone. iPad. iPod (Without iTunes. Without Program)!
How to Download Movies and to iPad from Computer via iTunes?
iTunes is a software specially designed for copying media files from iOS devices to Windows PC and Macbook. It remains to find out how to upload a movie or photo to iPad from a computer using this program.
- launch iTunes;
- click on the name of the iPad;
- open the “Shared files” section on the device, select the desired file, for example, a movie;
- drag and drop folders from PC to the list of devices on iPad.
Done. The copied movie can be watched on the iPad in the video section. Other media files are transferred in the same way.
To copy folders via iTunes to Apple’s PC, you need to update macOS to the latest generation. If you are using a Windows computer, the operating system must be at least Windows 7.
Important: this way only files in.mov.m4v and.mp4 formats are copied. If the files on the PC are of a different format, the tablet will display a record that copying failed. Exit. convert files to another format.
Transfer files from computer to iPad via Dropbox
Dropbox is another cloud storage that competes on equal terms with iCloud. With an Internet connection, you can either download videos to iPad from your computer, or move the library in the opposite direction (computer. iPad).
For those who do not want to send all captured frames to the cloud, the following information:
- in the main menu there is an item “Upload”. allows you to select individual, only the necessary photos, simply by ticking them;
- the image will be uploaded to the so-called Dropbox virtual piggy bank.
The next step is to install the program on your computer. Suitable for PCs running Windows, Mac OS X, Linux. As soon as the user creates an account, a letter will immediately be sent to the specified mail. All that remains is to confirm the installation and the download will start on its own. Longer the program needs to be installed, run and configured, following the instructions.
Now on the computer there is a separate folder called Dropbox, where all files that the user sends to the storage from their iPad will be automatically transferred. The folder is in the custom directory.
Naturally, the procedure is also possible in the reverse order. Any images that the user places in a folder on a PC can be viewed or downloaded to an iPad (for example, A1954). They are publicly visible. You just need to click on the selected file and click on the download icon. Data is saved in the gallery of the Apple device.
How to download photos and other data from iPad to computer via iCloud Drive
iCloud Drive. help you store and sync iPad data on your computer. To start working in it, you need to download and install the program, and then restart your computer. When you turn on the technology again, the software will start automatically, the icon will appear in the list of the “Application Panel”.
- open the program;
- log in using your Apple ID details;
- the settings menu will appear on the screen;
- adjust the parameters you want;
- go to the “Settings” iPad;
- next iCloud ➢ Photos ➢ iCloud Music Library ➢ enable.
Photos will be “uploaded” to the cloud and will be available on disk From your computer in the “iCloud Photos”. “Downloads” folder. If you need to upload pictures to the cloud storage again, the “iCloud Photos”. “Uploads” algorithm is used to access them from the iPad. Just a couple of seconds and photos. in the cloud, ready for viewing from a laptop on iOS.
Nuance: Only photos or bookmarks in selected browsers can be transferred via iCloud Drive. The method is suitable for linking iPad-Mac and iPad-Windows, starting from version 7 and higher.
How to download a movie or video to iPad from computer
The instructions will be especially interesting for fans of TV series. To keep your favorite movie always at hand, you can use one of the suggested guides for copying.
This software is an improved alternative to iTunes, free and with great functionality. Designed specifically for Windows PCs. It is better to download it from the official site. The application supports audio, video, photo files, as well as contacts, messages, bookmarks, etc.
To transfer all this stuff from a computer to an iPad (including the mini 5 model), you need:
- connect both devices with a cable, start the program;
- connect it to iPad;
- go to the Click Transfer tab and select the transfer direction. there are only 3 options: from PC to Apple gadget, in reverse order, between two iOS devices;
- decide on folders and files to copy;
- click Transfer to confirm your intentions.
Now you can open the gallery and watch videos.
How to sync music to iTunes?
At the top of the screen, select the Music Settings menu. Go to the General tab and enable the Sync Library option. If you are not subscribed to Apple Music or iTunes Match, the Sync Library option will not appear. Click OK.
How to Transfer Music from PC to iPhone without iTunes?
WALTR. Download Music to iPhone Fast and Without iTunes.
WALTR 2 is a program for macOS and Windows, the functionality of which allows you to download music to iPhone without iTunes, simply and quickly. All you need to do is download WALTR 2 and in 10 seconds your music will be on your iPhone.
How to Copy Music from iTunes to iPhone?
To move music to iPhone, in the main iTunes menu, select the Music section and click Apply or Sync in the lower right corner. 4. Wait a while while iTunes syncs with your device and downloads music to it.
Is it possible to download a song to iPhone without iTunes?
Download Music to iPhone without iTunes via Apple Music. First, you need to launch the “Music” app on your iPhone’s home screen. Now you need to go to the song, album or playlist you want to download. Then you need to get to the “more” button, there are several dots on the right side of the name of the music.
How to Transfer File from Computer to iPhone?
- Connect your iOS device to your computer, and open iTunes on your computer if it doesn’t open automatically.
- In iTunes, click the device button, then click File Sharing in the sidebar.
- Select Pages from the list on the left and click Add.
How to Download Music to iPhone via iTunes from Computer?
Download music to iPhone using the following algorithm:
- Connect Apple gadget to PC with USB cable.
- Launch iTunes by clicking on the icon.
- Add music to your library. To do this, you need to follow the path “File”. “Add file to the library” or just use the hotkey combination “Ctrl O”
First of all, we will consider how to transfer photos from PC to iPad using the standard iCloud service for Apple users.
- Open any convenient browser on your computer, follow the link above and log in to your Apple ID account, which is used on the iPad, specifying the username and password from it.
Further actions should be performed according to one of two algorithms.
- If the images that need to be transferred to the tablet are in JPEG format, in the window with the list of available cloud services of the company, which will appear after logging into your account, select “Photo”.
If the extension of the graphic files is different from JPEG (for example, it is PNG or BMP), select “iCloud Drive”,
and then, for more convenience, create a folder in it, name it, for example, “Photos” and open.
To transfer photos directly from the computer to the tablet, click on the “Upload to” button located on the top panel. This is how she looks in “Photo”,
Regardless of which of the directories the images will be loaded into, a window of Windows’ built-in Explorer will open. Go from it to the folder on the PC disk, which contains the necessary graphic files, select them and click “Open”.
Wait for the images to be loaded (the progress of this process can be observed on the filling scale),
after which they can be found on the iPad. in the “Photos” application, if they were JPEG files,
or in the folder you created inside iCloud, if they had a different format, which you need to look for in the “Files” application.
This option for transferring photos from a computer to a tablet is simpler and more convenient than the one we discussed above, however, some confusion is introduced by the fact that files of different formats must be added to different applications. The service, which we will consider further, is devoid of this drawback.
In order to solve the problem voiced in the title of the article, it is not at all necessary to connect the iPad to the computer. it is enough to use one of the cloud storages, into which you first need to upload photos, and then download them from there.
Apps and services
In addition to specialized programs for PC and cloud storage, you can use one of Google services or a file manager from Readdle to transfer photos to iPad.
There are several software solutions that provide the ability to work with Apple devices on a PC, back up data stored on them and exchange files in both directions. The main and most famous users are branded iTunes, but there are also alternatives created by third-party developers and duplicating its functionality or to one degree or another surpassing it.
The popular cloud storage, which was the first on the market, also provides a convenient way to transfer photos from PC to iPad.
- If Dropbox is not already installed on your iPad, download it from the link above and then sign in to your account.
Put the tablet aside, launch a browser on your computer, go to the official website of the cloud storage in it and log in to your account.
Go to the “Files” tab and then open the “Pictures” folder or, if necessary, click “New folder” in the sidebar, give it a name and open.
Then use one of the items available on the right panel. “Upload files” or “Upload folder”. As you can understand, the first one allows you to add individual images to the Dropbox, the second one. a whole directory with them.
In the window of the system file manager, go to the location of the photos that you want to transfer from PC to iPad, select them or the folder with them, whichever option you chose in the previous step, and then click “Open”
and wait for the files to upload.
Once the data synchronization is complete, launch the Dropbox application on your tablet, open the folder with the transferred images and, if you want to save them, first click on the “Select” button on the top panel,
then mark the necessary files by checking the boxes on them, tap “Export” on the bottom panel,
and choose one of the three available actions:
- “Save Images”;
- “To the general album”;
- “Save to” Files “”.
If saving is performed for the first time, you will need to give the application access to files and / or photos.
If the photos dropped from the computer are in a folder, and you want to keep them in the same form on the tablet, to move from the cloud storage to the internal one, do the following:
- Open the “Files” application, go to its sidebar to the “Dropbox” tab, then in the viewer select the folder that contains the images.
Touch and hold it with your finger until the context menu appears. Choose “Copy” or “Move”, depending on whether you want to keep the original in your location or not.
Tip: Using the “Files” application, it is much easier to download folders with data (for example, with the same photos) to the iPad. just select the “Download” item in the menu (number 3 in the screenshot above).
Touch and hold your finger a little on the empty space, then select the “Insert” item in the menu that appears and wait for the procedure to complete.
The only downside to Dropbox is that it only provides 2GB of free space for free, which in some cases may not be enough. Cloud services Google Drive, OneDrive, Yandex.Disk, Cloud are much more generous in this regard. work with which is practically no different.
iTunes (up to version 18.104.22.168. inclusive)
Until recently, the sync of photos was available in iTunes, implying, among other things, the ability to transfer them from a computer to an iPad, but this function is absent in the current versions. However, if you are using an outdated version of this program or for some reason want to use it (for example, to be able to install and update applications, as well as transfer sounds (ringtones) from a computer), you can read the instructions provided at the link below and follow the recommendations offered in it. The article was written using the iPhone as an example, but the algorithm of actions that will need to be performed in the case of a tablet is no different.
Google Photos provides unlimited space in the cloud for storing photos and videos (however, there are restrictions on the quality and size), which can be uploaded to it both from a smartphone or tablet, and from a PC, after which they will be available on all devices.
- If the app in question is still not available on your iPad, please install it using the link above and log into your Google account.
Go to the service website in a browser on a PC and log into the same account as on the tablet.
Click on the words “Download” located to the right of the search bar,
using the opened “Explorer” go to the folder that contains the photo, select the files you need and click “Open”.
and select “Save to” Files “” (first you need to click “Share” again).
Google Photos is more than a worthy analogue of the app of the same name from Apple and works according to the same algorithm.