How to take a screenshot on the IPhone 7: simple and fast
A screenshot is a snapshot of the device’s screen. Such an opportunity is available on all gadgets, from a smartphone to a stationary computer. But despite the simplicity of this process, not all users know how to take a screenshot on the iPhone 7.
Why you might need to take a picture of the display?
- Share achievements in the game installed on the IPhone with friends
- Save the moment you like from the video.
- Capture an error or other problem on the phone.
- Leave meaningful correspondence on social networks or messages as a souvenir.
But it is not so important what the screenshot will be stored for. The main thing is to figure out how to do it.
Ways to take a screenshot on iPhone 7
- Using the buttons located on the iPhone 7.
- Using the special built-in assistant “Assistive Touch”.
But it should be understood that both methods take a screenshot of the entire screen. If the user needs to cut out any part, he can format the picture later, in a standard image editor.
Important! The methods described below work on other versions of the phone, for example, the IPhone 7 Plus.
Using the buttons located on the iPhone 7
The standard and quick way to take a photo is to use the Home and Lock buttons.
For the iPhone to take a screenshot, it is enough to press the keys simultaneously. Then you will hear a characteristic sound, similar to the click of a camera shutter. This means that the snapshot is ready and automatically saved.
- you should not keep the buttons pressed for a long period of time, this can attract the iPhone 7 plus to lock and restart the gadget;
- you can save a screenshot at any time when working with the device;
- the image is saved in PNG format.
Using the special built-in assistant “Assistive Touch”.
If the off button on the phone does not work, or the user does not want to press it again, or it is not convenient for him to hold down two keys at the same time, he can use a more simplified way to take a screenshot of the screen. But for this you need to enable the special function “Assistive Touch” in the smartphone settings.
- Open iPhone 7 Settings.
- Select the section “Basic”.
- Click on the line “Universal access”.
After the performed manipulations, a transparent white circle will appear on the iPhone screen, pressing on which brings up the standard buttons on the display.
Next, select “Device” and then the “” section. And the desired item will appear in front of the user. Pressing the command “Screenshot” allows you to take a snapshot.
At the same time, the user does not need to worry about the assistant’s menu being visible on the image. Only what was opened earlier is photographed.
The pictures taken are saved to the standard “Album” folder by default. Instructions in the video.
How to take a screenshot on iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus and more
The seventh generation of the new iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus smartphones received a completely different Home button. Now, instead of a physical button, there will be a touch button. Perhaps, having bought a new smartphone, you will have a question, how can you take a screenshot.
The new Home button is capacitive, but the built-in Tapic Engine will provide the same press feel as on previous iPhones where the button was physical. This also means that system features such as entering DFU mode or resetting the iPhone will be slightly different.
So what about the screenshot? This can be done in the same way as on all Apple devices.
How to take a screenshot?
Step one. Press the Power button. Power (the one that blocks the device) on your iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus.
Step two. Simultaneously, press the Home button (button at the bottom of the screen with a fingerprint sensor).
Step three. The screen of your iPhone will blink for a second and at this time you will hear a sound similar to the release of a camera shutter. If this happened, then a screenshot was taken.
If you can’t hold both buttons at the same time, practice some more. If you do not pinch them at the same time, Siri may accidentally open or the iPhone will lock.
How to take a screenshot with Assistive Touch
If you do not want to use the Home and Power buttons, then you have the opportunity to lock the device and take screenshots on it just by pressing the screen. Assistive Touch allows you to perform many more important functions in addition. The function looks like a small gray dot on the screen.
Step one. First you need to enable Assistive Touch mode. Open the settings and go to: Basic. Accessibility. Assistive touch.
Step two. Turn on Assistive Touch mode by tapping the slider.
Step three. In the same menu, you will find the item “Customize Top Level Menu” (in the screenshot below, the English version of “Customize Top Level Menu”). Click on this tab.
Step four. Click on the star with the caption “User” (English version. Custom in the screenshot below).
Step five. By adding the “Screenshot” function (in English. screenshot. in the leftmost picture above), you get the ability to take screenshots using the iPhone with only one hand. To do this, using Assistive Touch, simply tap on the transparent gray dot on the screen.
How to find and use these screenshots?
Step one: Open the Photos app.
Step two. Open the Albums tab and open the Screenshots album.
Step three. Scroll to the end of the opened album and find your last screenshot there.
Step four. To share a screenshot, you should find a special icon in the lower left corner that looks like a box with an upward arrow and click on it. Then you will see a list of applications to which you can send the image.
That’s all it takes to take a screenshot. As you can see. nothing complicated and just like on previous iPhones.
How to take a photo with iPhone X, 8, 7, 6, SE?
Step number 3: Then you will be able to see a preview of the finished screen in the left corner of the screen. If you want to edit the resulting screenshot, click the preview, and then you can crop or mark up the image by adding text / caption to the image / magnifying glass.
Then click on “Done” and go to “Save to Photos” in order to save the screenshot on the iPhone and click the “Share with Friends” button to share the resulting screenshot using Social Networks, Mail and in other popular ways.
If you want to save a screenshot from the screen directly, then slide your fingers across the screen in the preview window, and the captured screenshot will be automatically saved to the iPhone memory. If you want to check it later, open “Photos” then go to “Albums” and “Screenshots” on your device.
Tip: Take a screenshot on your iPhone X, iPhone 8 & 8 Plus, 7 using AssistiveTouch
In fact, if you use AssistiveTouch for a screenshot, it will be more convenient if you find that the keys can mistakenly activate Siri and lock the iPhone in case you don’t press the buttons at the same time. Here’s how to do it.
- Step 1: Select in “Settings” then go to “General” and “Accessibility” on the iPhone. (In the Accessibility section, you can invert the color of different models to make the iPhone screen easier to view).
- Step 2: Scroll down to enable AssistiveTouch.
- Step 3: Then go to “Customize Top Menu” and click on the “Plus” icon to enable the new.
- Step 4: Click the added icon and select “Screenshot” and then click “Finish”. Then you will see the available Screenshot option in the main AssistiveTouch window.
- Step 5: Go to the screen where you want to take a screenshot and press the button in the AssistiveTouch on the screen. Next, select a screenshot for iPhone.
How to take a screenshot on your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus
If you quite often need to take screenshots of the iPhone 8, iPhone 8 and iPhone X, regardless of whether you want to share the picture with someone or want to save the information on the device. What’s more, there are ways to view and share screenshots from iPhone 8/8 Plus and X.
Tip: Snapshot from iPhone 8 or 8 Plus, 7 and 6 using the button on iPhone.
Step number 1: Go to the screen you want to take a photo on iPhone.
Step number 2: Quickly press and then release the Wake / Sleep button (also called the side button) and Home button on iPhone 8 or 8 Plus to take a screenshot.
Asistivetouch settings on iPhone
In the main menu “Assistive Touch”. open the “Top Level Menu” and then add the button “Screenshot” in a convenient location.
How to take a screenshot on an iPhone X phone
The new model from Apple, the iPhone X, has lost the usual Home button (on older models, it is used for screenshots), and therefore the method for taking a screenshot has slightly changed and some functions that were previously assigned to Home in the on / off button (on the right side of the device) is currently executing. It is also used to take quick screenshots. So that you can take a photo screenshot on the iPhone X phone. simultaneously hold down the on and off key together with the volume up button. However, it should be remembered that it is not always possible to do this the first time: it is much easier to press the button to increase the volume a second later (as if not quite simultaneously with the button to turn on). Also, if you hold the on and off button for a particularly long time, Siri can load (its launch is assigned by default to hold this button).
It is also worth noting that a similar combination has long been used on Android platforms. True, the owners of these devices that run on the mobile operating system from Google must hold down the power button with the volume down button to take screenshots.
If all else fails, there is another way to take a screenshot, suitable for the iPhone X phone, is AssistiveTouch, which is described later in this tutorial.
Other helpful tips and features
Screenshot button in AssistiveTouch
If desired, in AssistiveTouch. Settings, you can assign the creation of a screenshot to a double and long press on the button.
To take a screenshot, use the action from step 3 and open the menu in AssistiveTouch. then click the “Screenshot” button.
How to take a screenshot of the iPhone 8/7/6 and iPhone X screen
People who have been using smartphones of this manufacturer for a long time, no doubt understand how to save a screen from the screen. The combination has always been the same, although the location of the keys used has changed. For example, on the iPhone 5S phone, in order to take a screenshot of the screen, you had to press the Home and Power buttons, which turn on / off the smartphone.
But then, something happened that we did not expect at all. the Home button was not integrated into the updated flagship. Now users are wondering how can you save a screenshot to iPhone? From this situation, the “apple” corporation was able to find a way out and implemented everything quite simply. Everything is strictly elementary: to work, you just need to press Volume Up and Power simultaneously (volume up / on and off key).
How to crop a screenshot on iPhone 8 or iPhone X?
Using Instant Markup, you can easily crop the resulting screenshot. This does not require any special modes and icons hidden in the menu (as with the Photos app).
If you just took a screenshot from the iPhone screen, it will appear in the left corner.
2. Click there.
3. Next, you will see a photo in a frame, on the edges of which are thick pointers. And to crop the screenshot, click on the lasso and, while holding it, try to move.
Your picture will be cut by selection.
In fact, the quick menu is one of the implementations of the “Markup” option that appeared in previous versions of iOS.
- The screenshot shows the moment when a thumbnail copy of the screenshot appears and where it is placed on the smartphone screen.
- After clicking on the thumbnail, the photo opens in the editing panel. The number “1” shows the size cropping frame and the result of its action. The highlighted block indicated by a two contains a set of brushes for handwriting or simple drawings. The three indicates the Share menu. The plus symbol, above which the number 4 is placed, expands additional options.
- In the screenshot above, the pop-up menu is highlighted and shows the use of the Loupe tool, which enlarges part of the Google logo.
- Having finished processing, click on the “Finish” button located in the upper left corner. The pop-up menu allows you to save the photo for future use or immediately delete it if it is no longer useful.
The main way
In many ways, Apple is firm in tradition. As a result, users get a familiar set of functions on every device.
- Screenshots on iPhone 7, 8, and earlier are done the same way. You need to simultaneously press the “Home” and power off buttons. Up to 5S inclusive, it was located on the upper end of the device, but with an increase in the diagonal of the screen, it “moved” to the right side.
The last model that allows you to make a print screen in this way is the 8 Plus. The iPhone X does not have a Home button. Its owners need to remember a different combination. Photo from the display is taken by simultaneously pressing the off button and volume up.
How to take a screenshot of the screen on iPhone 7
A screenshot, like a photo taken with a camera, is intended to quickly capture and save an ongoing event. The only difference between them is where it happens. It is quite logical to save information from the screen in the form of a photo, and not copy it onto paper. Today we will figure out how to take a screenshot on the iPhone 7 or any other model of the “apple” smartphone.
Working with a screenshot
With the release of iOS 11, Apple has added quick editing capabilities to it. The screenshot thumbnail remains in the left corner of the screen for a few seconds. If during this time the user makes no attempts to correct it, the picture is moved to the album in the “Photos” program. Opening it after saving, you can use light filters and other improvement mechanisms provided in the operating system for processing photos.
Processing in the Photo application
The built-in filters popularized by Instagram aren’t very useful for handling screenshots. The user needs other tools to add text or highlight a specific fragment to attract attention.
- If the screenshot has already been sent to the iPhone library, click the “Edit” button to edit it. In the screenshot, it is indicated by a frame and is located in the upper right corner.
- The arrow points to the additional menu we need.
- On the pop-up panel, select the marked Markup tool.
- As a result of the actions performed, a block with brushes already familiar to us for quick editing, indicated by a frame, will open. To the right of it, you can see the “” sign, which calls up additional tools. The screenshot processed in this way is saved to the library, after which it can be shared by sending it to the messenger or social network.
As you can see, the screenshot and its processing can be easily done directly on the iPhone and does not require additional programs. Flexible auxiliary touch options will help you work if you have to take screenshots on a regular basis.
IOS has a little-used feature that lets you create a virtual home button. It is called Assistive Touch, which translates as Assistive Touch. It was designed specifically for people with disabilities and allows you to operate a smartphone with one hand, completely imitating complex gestures and pressing control buttons.
- By default, this function is disabled and activated in the settings. In the general menu, select “Basic” and go to the item indicated in the screenshot.
- Having opened the section “Universal access”, we scroll down the list of settings to get to the required parameter. In the screenshot, it is highlighted with a frame.
- Move the slider marked with the arrow to activate Assistive Touch on the device. By default, the button that allows you to make a screen is in the third nested action level. To simplify access and make this feature useful, open the boxed setting.
- Let’s sacrifice a voice assistant by replacing Siri with a screenshot button. Click on it to open the action selection menu.
- We are looking for the option indicated in the screenshot. Click on it so that a checkmark appears opposite to confirm the selection. We complete the operation using the virtual button “Finish”. Having closed the settings, we move to the main screen of the smartphone.
- The arrow indicates the auxiliary touch button in the active mode. In the waiting state, it becomes less noticeable. By default, the transparency level is set to 40% of the active state. You can move it to a convenient place at any edge of the screen to which it “sticks”.
- Now, by clicking on the new virtual button, we expand the action menu. The screenshot we need is in a programmed location.
Associative Touch can be configured to launch only when you need it. For example, activate this action by triple clicking on a physical button. Thus, if you need to take a series of sequential shots, you can operate your smartphone with one hand and do it much faster than the traditional method.
Allows you to edit ready-made screenshots, add text to them, background, change color, etc. Allows you to use as a background. the body of the device. Easy-to-use and easy-to-use software, often used by bloggers and authors of their developments for IOS.
How to take a screenshot of the screen on iPhone
Screenshot- Screenshot of web pages
A quality application with which you can take screenshots of entire pages in the browser. It works very quickly and the quality of the images is excellent. The result can be immediately shared with friends and the image can be processed.
Apps to take screenshots on iPhone
Applications can come in handy if the button is broken or if you want to automate the process, for example, take a snapshot of the entire page in the browser. Consider the three most popular applications for these purposes, which can be found in the App Store.
Screenshot on iPhone with Touch ID
On models with a touch or mechanical Home button, iPhone 7, 8, SE, the screen is also made by pressing two keys on the device: home and power.
After the sound, as when photographing, the image will go to the folder with your photos. Also, it can be immediately processed if you click on the preview after taking a picture.
Screenshot on iPhone with Face ID
On new phones that do not have a button at the bottom of the screen, and you can unlock the iPhone by simply looking at it using a special technology that recognizes the owner by his face. a screenshot is taken simply:
Press two keys at the same time: volume up and power up. The smartphone at this moment must be unlocked otherwise nothing will work.
After you press them, the corresponding shutter sound will occur and the picture can be found in the gallery with photos.
How to take a screenshot of the screen on iPhone. easy
You can take a screenshot on the iPhone, both with the help of an already built-in feature in the operating system, and with the help of special applications that can automate this process.
Every user of these smartphones needs to know how to take screenshots on the iPhone. This function can be useful in a variety of cases and is one of the main ones in the system.
The previous article was about how to unlock an iPhone. Today we will look at ways to take a screenshot on different iPhone models: iPhone 11, XR, 8 and others.
How to take a screenshot using Windows 7?
Screenshot or screenshot is necessary in those cases about which they say that “it is better to see once than hear a hundred times”.
In Windows 7 (except for the Home Basic version) there is a Snipping Tool, which is available for the “heavy” versions of Windows 7: Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise and Ultimate, as well as in Windows Vista.
- select any part of the screen,
- take a picture of her,
- save in.HTML.PNG formats. GIF.JPEG,
- send by mail as a picture or in a file with the.html extension.
Let’s take a closer look at how to take a screenshot of Windows 7 using the Scissors program.
You can open the Scissors in one of two ways:
- follow the Start route (the Start button is in the lower left corner of the screen). Programs-Accessories. Scissors
- it may be easier if in the Search line (the Search line is located at the very bottom of the Start button) enter the word “scissors” without quotes (Fig. 1). After that, just click on the found program “Scissors”, and it will immediately open:
After running Scissors, a translucent white grid is applied to the entire screen and the following small minimalist window opens (Fig. 2):
If the cursor is placed outside the “Scissors” window, it will take the shape of a “cross”. With this cross, you need to circle the area to be copied on the screen. First, in the top menu of the “Scissors” window, click on the small triangle next to the Create button, in the drop-down menu, select a shape that is convenient for taking a screenshot:
- Freeform. while holding down the left mouse button, draw a freehand line in the part of the screen that should be included in the screenshot.
- Rectangle. press the left mouse button and drag the cursor diagonally along the object required for the snapshot.
- Window. just left-click, for example, on a Microsoft Word document window or on a dialog box to get a snapshot of such a window.
- Entire screen. after selecting this option, the entire screen is automatically selected (without your participation) and you immediately get a screenshot of the entire screen.
So, the area for copying is highlighted. After that, it is automatically copied to the clipboard, and then immediately also automatically inserted into the editor of the Scissors program. The Scissors editor looks like (fig. 3):
The Marker and Pen tools are used to select any areas in the screenshot. If necessary, you can use the Eraser tool, which easily removes unsuccessfully drawn lines. It is necessary to click on the Rubber band, and then move the cursor to the wrong line and click on this line with the left mouse button. the line will be deleted.
The Pen tool has settings. In the Tools menu, select “Pen”, then. in the Pen menu, select “Custom Pen”. After that, we determine (Fig. 4):
- with pen color (total 16 colors),
- then with feather thickness (thin, regular, thick),
- with pen type (round nib or poster pen):
After editing the screenshot, you should save it. All of the above will be meaningless if you forget about saving a screenshot. You can save the screenshot in a file with the extension (that is, in a file format).HTML.PNG.GIF.JPEG.
To do this, in the Scissors editor in the top menu, click on the button with the Floppy disk image or on the File menu, in which you select the “Save Fragment” command. After that, you should select a location on the hard drive to store the file.
If something does not work out, pay attention to the settings of the Scissors program. The settings that are used by the program by default may not suit you.
You can choose the settings of the Scissors program for yourself in the upper menu “Service”, in which you need to select “Options” (Fig. 5):
To remove the selection lines in the screenshot, uncheck the box next to “Show selection line manually after recording fragments”.
Here you can also set the color of the lines to highlight areas on the screen in the list “Ink Color”.
If you want to send a screenshot by email, please note that there should be a checkbox in the “Scissor options” next to “Include URL below snippets (HTML only)”.
By the way, an interesting function of the Scissors program is connected with this.
- To do this, go to the Internet Explorer browser and open the page for which you need to take a picture (that is, a screenshot).
- After cutting a part of this page with Scissors, you need to save it in mht (MHTML) format.
- Then, from the File menu, select “Send”. “E-mail recipient” (Fig. 6):
Microsoft Outlook opens and the email will be created. In this letter, a working link is automatically created under the image to the page from which this fragment was cut. This link is highlighted below with a red rectangle, the screenshot was taken from the Yandex page (Fig. 7):
How do I take a screenshot of Windows 7 for menus that automatically collapse so quickly that there is no time to take a screenshot, for example, the Start menu? For this:
- first run the Scissors program.
- Then press the Esc button (it is located in the upper left corner of the keyboard).
- Now open the menu for which you need to take a screenshot.
- Click on the CtrlPrtScr keyboard shortcut (that is, CtrlPrintScreen).
- Select the desired type of image, for example, Rectangle, and
- select the desired menu, that is, we capture a snapshot of the disappearing menu.
Filling in the gaps. expanding horizons!
What to do if the Scissors DOES NOT start?
Sometimes when I try to start Windows scissors, I get a message: “Error. Scissors do not work on this computer at this time. Reboot and try again. If the problem still exists, contact your system administrator “.
Restarting your computer may not work. Try to create a new account in Windows 7, it is likely that the scissors will work. If at the same time transfer files from the old account to the new one, then Scissors will work in the old account.
If you have come to this place and were unable to take a screenshot of Windows 7 using Scissors (perhaps your version of Windows simply does not have Scissors). do not be upset about this. The standard tool “of all times and peoples” for taking a screenshot in different versions of Windows is the Print Screen button (PrtSc or PrtScr is written on the keyboard key).
The AltPrtScr combination allows you to take a screenshot not of the entire screen, but only of the selected (active) window.
For more details on how to take a screenshot of the screen using the PrtScr button, I wrote in the article “How to take a screenshot?”
To take a screenshot of not only the visible part of the screen, but the entire web page, possibly several screens in size, you can use the add-on for the Mozilla ForeFox browser, which I wrote about in the article “Screenshot of a web page with one click”.
Sometimes the presentation of the same topic in different sources allows you to finally get a complete picture for yourself. Therefore, if necessary, I recommend using the built-in help in the Scissors program (Fig. 8):
The article is over, but you can still read: