Connecting the camera to a computer
with USB cable.
The first method The most popular and allows you to quickly solve the problem of how to transfer a photo from the camera to a computer or laptop. Usually, a USB cable is included with a device (for example, a camera, smartphone or tablet). One side of it is inserted into the connector of a laptop or computer, and the other into the device itself (see Fig. Below).
If this is a camera, then after connecting it you need to turn it on. After a few seconds, the computer will detect the device and autorun, where you will need to click on the “Open folder.”.
If autorun does not work, you can manually open the folder with the camera files. To do this, find the icon on the desktop “A computer” and run it with a double click.
We will display all disks, drives and connected devices. Usually, somewhere at the very bottom, a connected camera or smartphone is displayed.
Open it with a double click and inside we see all the files. Now, if you want to upload all the photos to your computer, you need to select them. This can be done with the mouse cursor, or simply by pressing the CtrlA key combination on the keyboard. Then you need to right-click on any selected file and select the item in the menu that appears “Copy”.
Now open the disk of your computer, where you already have photos (for example, photo albums), or create a new folder. Inside, you will need to right-click on the free space and select the item “Paste”.
The photos copied from the camera will appear on your disk. Thus, you can move any files from your phone, tablet, laptop and other devices.
How to take a photo from the camera
on a computer or laptop?
The question of how to transfer a photo from a camera to a computer or laptop is solved very simply, in at least two different ways.
You can connect your smartphone or camera to your computer using a USB cable.
2. You can remove the memory card into the camera and transfer the pictures to the computer through the card reader.
Let’s look at both ways in order.
How to send a photo from a phone to a laptop
Hello dear friends!
In today’s blog post, we’ll talk with you about how to transfer a photo from a camera to a computer or laptop? If you take a lot of pictures on your smartphone or camera (especially on vacation or on any holidays), then sooner or later the memory on the device runs out. I think many users have already been convinced of this, and more than once, when there was NO space left on a smartphone or camera. This means only one thing. it’s time to throw all the captured photo onto a computer or laptop, and delete them from the camera.
Copying Photos from a Memory Card
using a card reader.
The second way, to decide the question of how to transfer a photo from a camera to a computer or laptop, is of course to use a card reader. What is it, you ask?
A card reader is a device designed to read memory cards and USB flash drives. Today every camera or modern phone is equipped with an SD or Micro SD memory card. It can be removed and inserted into the card reader (see Fig below).
By the way, almost always in laptops there is a slot for SD memory cards, which are used in cameras.
We insert the memory card, wait a few seconds when the computer detects the device. Next, we act by analogy with the first method, in which we said above.
In fact, it is very simple to decide how to transfer a photo from a camera to a computer or laptop. The main thing is, before deleting pictures from a camera or smartphone, make sure 100% that they have been successfully copied to your laptop or computer.
That’s all for now! I hope that you found something useful and interesting for yourself in this post. If you have any thoughts or opinions on this, then please express them in your comments. See you in the next notes! Good luck!
How to transfer files via Bluetooth from phone to computer
If you want to send files (photos, videos, etc.) via Bluetooth from your Android phone to a laptop or computer, it is very easy to do this, provided that the Bluetooth adapter on the computer is correctly installed and enabled.
This tutorial will walk you through the process of sending files via Bluetooth to a Windows 10 computer, but for Windows 7 and 8.1, the procedure will be about the same. See Also: How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Computer.
Sending files via Bluetooth to a laptop or computer
The steps for sending files via Bluetooth are very simple: it doesn’t even require Pairing devices, usually everything works without it:
- Make sure the Bluetooth adapter is turned on: in Windows 10, you can click on the action center icon at the bottom right and make sure that the button with the Bluetooth symbol is blue (you may need to click “expand” to see this button). If not, just click on it.
- If it does not turn on after this step, see if your laptop has keys in the top row with the Bluetooth or Wi-Fi icon, if there is, try pressing this key or it in combination with Fn to enable the Bluetooth adapter. If this does not help, the instructions can help: Bluetooth does not work on a laptop, Fn key does not work on a laptop.
- The next step is to enable pending file transfer. This can be done by clicking on the Bluetooth icon in the notification area and selecting the “Accept file” option, or (for example, if the icon is NOT displayed), press the WinR keys, enter fsquirt in the run window, press Enter, and then select the “Accept files”.
- Now grab your Android phone, open any file manager (see Best File Managers for Android), in my example I am using the default File Manager on Samsung Galaxy. Select the desired files (usually this can be done by holding the file for a long time) and click the “Share” button.
- Select “Bluetooth”.
- Wait a while for available Bluetooth devices to be found. Select among them the device with the name of your computer.
- The file transfer begins, the process is usually displayed on both the phone and the computer.
- Specify the location to save the file on your computer.
Done, the file transfer via Bluetooth is complete and, as mentioned above, usually everything works by default, provided that you have the original drivers installed and you can enable the BT adapter.
Some additional information that you may find useful:
How to transfer photos from phone to computer via Wi-Fi?
Most users traditionally use a USB connection to copy files from their phone to a PC. This guarantees a reliable and fast connection, although it requires a compatible USB cable. And if you connect it too often, there is also a possibility of damaging the USB port in the phone itself (microUSB connectors are especially susceptible to this).
But there is an alternative: you can transfer files wirelessly. How to transfer files from phone to computer via Wi-Fi and what programs you need for this?
General information about the function
Both Windows and Android support a ton of network protocols. It is through these “gateways” that you can establish a connection between two devices by means of a wireless connection. The most popular option is FTP, a network connection protocol that has been in use since the 2000s. And it supports wifi connection normally.
As for the connection speed, it depends on the following parameters:
- Band used (2.4 or 5 GHz)
- Wi-Fi type (b, g, n, ac) on each of the devices;
- Signal strength (the closer the phone is to the PC, the higher the speed).
You need to know that there are two ways to connect a smartphone to a PC:
- Directly. In this case, the phone acts as a wireless access point. You will need to connect a computer (laptop) to the created network.
- Through a router, which acts as an access point. Both PC and smartphone sharing files Must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network (which is “broadcast” by the same router).
If the phone is connected to the router via Wi-Fi, and the computer is connected via a cable (the so-called “twisted pair”), then transferring files without a USB connection will also work. The average speed of a Wi-Fi connection is about 10 Mbps. A video of 1 gigabyte in size will thus be transmitted in only 100. 110 seconds. This is slightly less than a USB cable connection.
File transfer in Linux distributions
In Linux distributions, you can also use ES Explorer for synchronization. In a Linux kernel-based OS, FTP gateway support is integrated into the shell itself. That is, it is enough to start the file manager and enter the FTP address. The connection algorithm is the same as for Windows systems.
Another option is to use the KDE-connect package (when using the KDE shell). The program allows you to configure full synchronization of data with the phone, including the transmission of notifications (from their display on the PC desktop).
How to download files from a smartphone?
The following video describes how to connect a PC and smartphone via Wi-Fi for file sharing:
First of all, you need to install a program on your phone that supports the creation of an FTP gateway. Most often they use ES Explorer (for Android). The program is free, you can download it on Google Play.
So, after installing the application, you need to do the following:
- Launches the program;
- Open the side menu (sliding “curtain”);
- Select the item “Remote access”;
- Connect to a Wi-Fi network (or turn on the “Access Point”);
- Click “Enable”;
- Connect the PC to the same Wi-Fi network (or to the router to which the smartphone is currently connected)
- Open the explorer and enter the address in the address bar, which is indicated on the ES-explorer screen (you must enter the address in the following format: ftp://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:XXX, where XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:XXXX is unique address generated in ES explorer)
If everything is done correctly, a list of folders from the internal memory of the smartphone will appear in the Windows Explorer window.
Now all the necessary files can be remotely copied, deleted, moved (as is usually done in Windows). In the same way, you can send the desired files to the device.
In addition to the ES-explorer, a similar functionality is provided by the free ShareMe program (previously called MiDrop) from Xiaomi. But it has a minor drawback: Cyrillic character encoding is not supported.
Transfer files from iPhone
The iPhone integrates wireless sync into the system itself. How can a photo be transferred from such a phone to a computer via Wi-Fi? It is enough to install iTunes on PC and set up synchronization in this program.
There is even an automatic data transfer. That is, as soon as the smartphone connects to home Wi-Fi, all new photos will be transferred to the PC. There is no need to install any additional programs on the iPhone.
In total, you can quickly transfer photos (or other files) from your phone to your computer via Wi-Fi. The main thing is that both devices must be connected to the same network. If you have a router, you can create a Wi-Fi network from your phone (“Access Point” function) and connect your PC to it. After that, it is enough to create an FTP gateway. Thus, you can exchange files between 3 or more devices at once, as long as they are all connected to the same wireless network.
How to Download Pictures from Samsung Galaxy to Computer Using Dropbox
Dropbox. It is a popular file hosting service in the public. If you want to transfer via Dropbox, follow these easy steps to Get Samsung phone photos
Open Dropbox on your Samsung, sign in with your account. If you do not have it, register to Get it.
Go to Photos in Dropbox and click “Enable” to enable camera uploads “to upload photos from Samsung to Dropbox. When you upload images from Samsung, they will be stored in your Dropbox account.
Log into your Dropbox account again on your computer and open your photos folder in Dropbox, upload the one you need.
How to Transfer Photos between Samsung and Computer with 5 New Ways. How to transfer photos from Samsung phone to computer via USB?
The need to transfer photos from a smartphone to a computer / laptop or back arises among users quite often. The transfer process itself is very simple, although there are some nuances here, in which we, of course, will tell in this article. All you need is the Samsung smartphone itself, a USB cable (with which you also charge your device), as well as a computer or laptop.
2.2 Copy Photos from Android to Mac
To move images from Android to Mac, you need to download Android File Transfer to Mac and then:
- Open the Android File Transfer app on your Mac.
- Connect Android to Mac via USB cable.
- On the phone screen, go to Android notification and select MTP / File Transfer mode.
- Android file list can be found in Android File Transfer window.
- Now go to DCIM or Camera folder.
- Select the images you want and drag them to your Mac.
Note. Previewing photos before saving to Mac is not supported.
You may like:
Samsung File Transfer for Mac. How to Transfer Samsung Files to Mac?
How to Transfer Photos from Samsung Phone to PC?
Take the USB cable. preferably the one that came with your smartphone.
Connect it to a PC or laptop with one side.
And the other to your smartphone.
Now unlock your smartphone screen. this is extremely important. You should see the following message:
Select “Allow”. to GRANT access to the file system of the smartphone.
If the message does NOT appear, call the quick access menu (“curtain”) and tap on the line “USB for file transfer”.
Select “File Transfer” if the menu is active.
Or, alternatively, Disconnect the cable from the device and reconnect, a menu should appear on the desktop.
Now open “My Computer” on your PC or laptop and select the connected device.
Next, you will see the internal memory and memory card, if any.
Now open the drive where the photos are saved. usually the internal memory, but sometimes the images are saved on the memory card. the Samsung firmware supports this. In our case, we are talking about internal memory.
Tap on the DCIM folder. Digital Camera Images.
Here is the Camera folder.
Select images for transfer, you can several at once, then click on the right mouse button and in the menu that appears, click on the “Copy” button (or “Cut”, if there is such a need).
Select a folder on a computer or laptop disk, right-click, click on the line “Paste”.
Images will be copied or transferred. Transfer time depends on the number of photos, their size, system speed, etc.
How to import images from a mobile phone to a laptop
There are many different ways to import images from a mobile phone to a laptop these days. Some of THESE methods require just a few finishing touches in various smartphone apps; others are a little more involved. You will find that the processes are slightly different depending on whether you are using an Android or iOS smartphone, and whether you are using a Windows or iOS laptop.
If you’re using a Windows PC, your phone’s USB cable or charging cable. One of the fastest ways to quickly transfer large amounts of photos to your laptop without draining your phone battery. Here’s what to do:
- Turn on your phone and laptop. Unlock both devices if they are password protected.
- Connect the smaller end of the USB cable to your phone.
- Connect the standard end of the USB cable to the laptop’s USB port (the port can be on the side or back of the laptop). Windows will automatically detect your phone.
For Android phones:
- You can see the “Allow Access to Your Data” Dialog Box. Tap “Allow” to continue the process. (Windows may prompt you to choose what to do when the device is connected in the future.)
- On your laptop, click Import Photos and Videos and Windows will start searching for new pictures and videos stored on your phone using the Windows Photo app.
- After it detects new images on your phone, you can choose which images you want to transfer to your computer. You can just “Select All” if you like.
- Alternatively, you can skip the Windows Photo app entirely and use Windows Explorer to navigate to the folder where the pictures are stored on your phone (they are often found in a folder named DCIM, Camera, or Photos). You can copy the pictures and then paste them to laptop folder.
- When you plug the phone cable into your PC, the phone may prompt you to “trust this computer.” Tap trust. Your phone will be listed as a device in Windows Explorer.
- Double Click the DCIM folder on your phone and then copy and paste the pictures from your phone to the folder on your laptop.
Note. If you have iCloud enabled, you cannot download photos to your computer as they are saved in iCloud and not on your phone. In this case, use the iCloud app to import photos [sources: Hoffman, Microsoft].
If you are a Mac user. There are many ways to transfer pictures from phone to computer.
- Connect iPhone to one of the Mac USB ports.
- If your phone prompts you to “trust this computer”, click “trust”.
- Launch the Photos app if it does NOT launch automatically.
- If you DO NOT see the Import option, click on Import manually. Or in the sidebar of the Photos app, you can click your phone icon.
- Select images to import. To make things easier, just click “Import all new photos”.
For Android phones:
- Connect your phone to your Mac with a USB cable.
- Open the Android File Transfer app. Go to your pictures folder on your phone. This will often be the DCIM or Camera folder.
- Select the images you want, then copy and paste them to a folder on your Mac [source: Apple].
There are many free photo sharing and image sharing apps for Android and iOS smartphones, and any number of them will work. And if you just want to quickly send one or two images, you can skip all these steps and just send the images to your laptop via the email application on your phone.
Last editorial update January 25, 2019 4:33:19 PM.
Most of us love to take photographs and photographs. An important part of life. However, transferring photos. A common problem in most people’s lives. How to Transfer Photos from Samsung Android to PC? Maybe it’s just a small thing, but if you have good ideas on how to deal with it, it will affect our daily life like a pain in the neck. Luckily, we have 5 practical methods for you, when you master them, you will become a master of transferring photos.
How to Import Photos from Samsung to PC with USB Cable
If you do NOT want to download any applications to your computer or Samsung phone, then how to transfer pictures from Samsung phone to computer? It’s impossible? Relax and prepare a USB cable for yourself.
Here’s the instruction:
Connect Samsung to PC
First, you need to connect your Samsung device to PC with a USB cable.
Find your device on your computer
When the connection is established, go to “This PC” (or “My PC”) and you will see your phone as internal memory on your computer.
Go to DCIM folder
Then go to the DCIM folder on your Samsung device hard drive. Enter the folder, click Photos and select the Photos you are about to copy.
Copy photos and paste to PC
After all, you need to copy the Photos you want to transfer and then paste them into a location on your computer.
How to sync photos from Android to Windows 10 using the Microsoft Photos app?
Microsoft Photos. Another great way to transfer images from Android to your computer. It’s already installed on your Windows 10 and is easy to use.
- Connect Android Phone to Windows 10 Computer with USB Cable.
- Go to “Start” “Camera”, you will see that the pictures are showing the case. Then you can select images and click the Export button. Photos will be successfully imported to your computer.
Note: the difference between 1.1 and 1.2. Can you partially download the photos you want or download them all completely. Both methods are effective and it depends on your choice. Learn more about how to transfer photos from Samsung to PC
Transfer files to computer from mobile phone via bluetooth
This question arose for me quite recently, but now I do not need to pull out the memory card from my mobile phone, or connect the USB cable to transfer photos or music.
Thanks to the built-in software in Windows 8, you may have special problems perceiving files from a mobile phone, and vice versa, sending files to a mobile phone from a laptop or other computers.
What is needed for this?
Turn on bluetooth on your phone and laptop. To enable it, you need to go to the network connection settings.
After that, you need to pair your computer and phone. In Windows 8, this is done using computer settings.
To pair, you must in the lower right corner next to the clock, right-click on the Bluetooth icon, select Add device.
If bluetooth is enabled on the mobile phone, then in the list of equipment we will see the name of our phone. I named my phone as “softokno”.
If the equipment is found, click on it with the mouse, after which the access CODE will appear on the computer screen, as well as on the mobile phone screen. And here and there you need to click “Yes”, or “Pairing”.
If everything is done correctly, the name of your mobile phone will appear in the list of connected equipment.
How to send a file to your computer from your phone?
After pairing the two devices, in the lower right corner next to the clock, right-click on the Bluetooth icon, then select “Accept files.”
After that, select the photos or files that need to be sent on the mobile phone, and Send them to the computer. My computer has a name “Home”, therefore, sending from a mobile will be exactly to this device.
After the files have been transferred, the transfer and connection will be closed. Therefore, you need to transfer data immediately, otherwise you will have to connect using a new one.
To send files from a computer to a mobile phone, everything is done the same, only when you right-click on Bluetooth, you must select send files.
Select the device where we will send files.
Selecting files on your computer
If there is no Bluetooth icon in the system tray?
First, you need to check if the drivers for the device are installed in the system, as well as the inclusion of the device itself in the device manager.
What to do if there is no ACCEPT / SEND file link?
In Windows 7, you need to go to the Start-All Programs-Accessories menu, then select the File Transfer via bluetooth application.
You can also in the Start Menu-run, enter the command fsquirt
Enabling the system tray icon
If the Bluetooth device is turned on, but the icon is still missing, you can try to go to the system tray settings. For this:
Click the customize link under the rest of the icons
In the dialog box, look for the term Explorer Bluetooth Devices. And we do the same as in the image.