Why you need to urgently unlock your iPhone with really working methods?
We will not talk about cases when someone else’s phone fell into your hands. In this case, it is still better to return it to the owner. But still, atypical situations may arise:
The Face ID function has stopped working (the scanner is broken, does not respond). Yes, the situation is not the most common, but it happens.
The fingerprint scanner is broken, the settings are out of order,
Thinking while twirling the phone in your hands, and spent ten attempts to scan your fingerprint,
You only used the password, but you cannot remember it and attempts to recover have been exhausted,
The phone fell into the hands of a child who entered incorrect information 10 times, and now the gadget is blocked,
The child set the password while playing and does not remember it.
You bought a gadget off hand and did not check if it is ready to work with you. In this case, it is worth not only recovering the password, but first make sure that your gadget is not listed as hijacked. This can be done by entering the serial number on the Apple website: the device must have a Clean status. Although, if this is not the case, we generally do not recommend that you pay money for such a dubious purchase.
You bought a device handheld, and the previous owner did not unactivate the device in iCloud.
Recover using a deleted iCloud service
This method is almost the same as the previous one. But you can be far from home and your home computer, in another city or another country. You can unlock iPhone via iCloud if you have enabled the “Find My Phone” option before.
- Go to iCloud.com from any device.
- Enter your Apple ID.
- Go to the “All devices” section and select the desired gadget.
- Select the line “erase iPhone” (Erase).
All data on the device will be erased, it will be unlocked. Then you can connect the gadget to iTunes at a convenient time and use the backup to restore.
This method only works if the locked phone is connected to WI-FI or mobile internet. And if you know your ID.
How to Unlock iPhone via iTunes
So, if you entered the wrong password more than 9 times or used the recognition scanner on the gadget, then the smart operating system will turn off the device, lock and deactivate it. In order to prevent fraudsters from accessing personal data (for example, passwords from wallets, your personal photos and contacts), all content on the device will be deleted.
And it will end well if you have done an iPhone backup restore to iTunes on a regular basis. In this case, in order to reset the phone, you will need an authorized computer.
- Connect iPhone to computer with cable, turn on iTunes.
- To force restart your phone on iPhone X, XS and XR, and iPhone 8 and 8 Plus, press and quickly release the volume up button, then volume down. Then keep pressing the side button until the recovery mode screen appears. (program icon). On iPhone 7 and 7 Plus, press the Side and Volume buttons at the same time. On iPhone 6s, press the Home button and the Top or Side key.
- Select “restore phone” in the window that appears.
- If you saved system backups during synchronization, after downloading the software, you will be prompted to use them to write to your phone. Agree.
- Set up the newly turned on phone and use it.
Resetting the Wrong Attempts Counter
Did you leave your iPhone on the coffee table and was grabbed by a curious child? Returning from the bathroom, they found that their beloved phone had turned into a piece of iron. But you know the password, you just need another chance! In this case, you can simply reset the counter of incorrect attempts and re-enter the desired combination, or use Face ID on your iPhone X, XS or XR.
You can reset the counter of incorrect attempts to enter a password on the phone on a computer with which the gadget has already been synced at least once.
- We connect the phone to the computer with a cable.
- In the “Devices” menu, select “Synchronize with” Instead of dots. the name of the device.
- As soon as syncing starts, stop it by clicking the cross at the top of iTunes. The phone will return to the password entry window. Make no mistake this time.
By the way, you won’t be able to reset the password and the counter of attempts by “hard reset”: you must admit, it would be too easy for intruders.
It will also not work to connect the phone to someone else’s computer: in this case, you must first press the “trust” button on the phone. But you will not be able to do this as the screen is locked.
Recovery Mode to Unlock iPhone if Forgot Password
This method can be used only if you know the Apple ID of the device and the password to which the device is linked in the iCloud menu. If you dare to restore a locked iPhone without this information, and activation lock is installed on it using the “find my phone” function, the device will turn into a “brick”.
It is worth using the recovery mode if you want to reset the password on a locked iPhone 6, 7, 8, X, XS, XR. This may be needed if you don’t know, don’t remember the password, couldn’t find it.
- Turn off your phone.
- Connect it to your computer.
- Select Recovery Mode from the menu that appears.
- Turn on iTunes, click OK and then “Restore iPhone”.
- If a message appears about auto-checking for updates, click on the “check” button.
- Then click “Repair and Update” on the next screen. You will be warned that all data from the gadget will be deleted.
Iphone Disabled / Forgot Passcode iPhone Fix. Hard Reset for iPhone 6/5s/5c/5/4s
IMPORTANT: on some firmware versions, an error appears (3004): Failed to restore iPhone. To cope with this, close all browsers and make Internet Explorer your default browser by launching it and agreeing to the offer in the window that appears.
If you downloaded the firmware in advance (for example, because the Internet is slow on your computer), then the “restore iPhone” button in iTunes must be pressed while holding down the Shift key. Then a window will appear where you can enter the path to the firmware file.
What to do if you forgot iPhone password without erasing data?
- Connect your iPhone, iPad, iPod to your work computer using a USB cable.
- Next, click on the “Solve all iOS freezes” button at the very bottom.
- When the download of the new firmware version is completed, you need to click on the “Start recovery” button.
How to factory reset iPhone 5 with buttons?
Entering Recovery Mode
- Press the “Home” and “Power” buttons at the same time.
- The device will show a shutdown slider and then the screen will turn off.
- Wait until the device starts to boot and release the “Power” button.
- After 10-15 seconds, a cable image and an iTunes icon will appear on the screen.
What to do if you forgot your Apple ID and password upon activation?
Typically, you use your email address as your Apple ID. If you’ve forgotten your Apple ID, we’ll help you recover it. If you’ve forgotten your password, you can reset it on your device or on your Apple ID account page.
How to reset iPhone 5 to factory settings?
How to factory reset iPhone or iPad
- Back up important data If you want to keep your personal information, back up your iPhone or iPad locally to your computer using iTunes and / or a cloud copy to iCloud.
- Perform a reset Go to “Settings” → “General” → “Reset” and click “Erase content and settings”.
What to do if you don’t remember your Apple ID mail?
When prompted for your Apple ID, click If You Forgot Your Apple ID to find it. Enter your first name, last name and email address. If you enter an incorrect email address, you can try again with a different address.
How to reset passcode on iPhone 5c?
In order to remove the password, you must reset all settings to factory settings for the iPhone 5. To do this, enter the phone in DFU mode and connect it to a computer with iTunes installed for recovery. To do this, hold down the On / Off buttons. and “Home” for about 10 seconds.
Is it possible to reset a locked iPhone?
If you’ve forgotten your iPhone passcode, or your iPhone is turned off If you’ve backed up your iPhone, you can restore your data and settings after restoring your iPhone. If you’ve never backed up your iPhone data before forgetting the passcode, you won’t be able to save data to iPhone.
How to reset if you forgot your password?
Now it’s worth considering how to reset iCloud on iPhone in case you don’t know the password. But note that this will help in the case when the phone, and, accordingly, the account belongs to you and the password was simply forgotten.
To do this, you need to restore access to the ID:
- We go to the site to log into your account and at the bottom we click to restore the password.
- Enter your email, to which the ID is linked.
- We are waiting for a letter from Apple and follow the instructions in it.
After recovering and activating the password, you can reset iCloud in accordance with the instructions that were given earlier.
How to Reset iCloud on iPhone without Password?
If the account does not belong to you and the password is unknown, which happens when buying a phone from your hands, there are several ways to delete the account, in particular:
How to reset iCloud on iPhone 5S, 4S, 6
One of the popular services on iPhone is iCloud cloud storage. How to reset iCloud on iPhone 5s and other models, for example, when reselling or transferring an iPhone to other hands. read our material.
For users of iPhone smartphones, a large number of useful services are provided, access to which is opened by an Apple ID account. But when transferring your gadget, in case of sale or for another reason, it becomes necessary to reset iCloud on iPhone 5s or another model. And you need to know how to do it.
How to reset iCloud on iPhone?
In order to perform a reset, you will need to follow the following instructions:
- We take our gadget and go to “Settings”.
- Next “Apple ID”.
- Scroll down the page and click “Exit”.
- Next, you will need to confirm the action and enter the password for your account.
It is important to note that in order to reset iCloud on iPhone 4s and other models, you need to know the password from your Apple ID.
Last Chance to Reset iCloud on iPhone 5S
If the previous options do not work, then you will not be able to save your phone. The only exception is 5S or earlier models that have iOS version 7.0-7.0.6 installed, as it has a small loophole for deleting an entry.
On later ones, this will not work, but if you are still a happy owner of such a gadget, then follow the instructions to remove it:
- Go to the phone settings and go to the iCloud menu.
- Simultaneously press “Delete account” and the item “Find iPhone”.
- In the event that you pressed at the same time, a window will appear to confirm the action, where you will need to enter the password.
- We do not press anything, but simply hold down the lock button and turn off the phone.
- When turned on, the account will be deleted and you can connect a new one.
But this does not always work, and you can try a more complex option according to the following instruction:
- Go to settings, then iCloud.
- Click to delete the account, and then cancel the action.
- We go into the account, delete the password field and enter any one at our discretion. Confirm and exit.
- We repeat the second point.
- Next, go to your account, erase the value of the line description and click “Finish”.
- Again we press “Delete account” and now it should be deleted without asking for a password.
Saving iPhone data before resetting your account
If you just change the Apple ID, but the device remains yours, then to save the files, you just need to transfer them from the iPhone cloud to the phone gallery and save there.
If you need to save data and reset iCloud on iPhone 6, then follow the instructions:
- Go to “Settings” and go to Apple ID.
- Next, go to iCloud, scroll down and find the item “Backup to iCloud”.
- Now we press “Create a backup” and wait for the end of the operation.
After that, a full reset of the phone is carried out with zeroing for transfer to the new owner. Log out of your account in accordance with the instructions provided earlier.
It is also worth completely resetting all data and settings to the factory settings, which is done as follows:
- In the settings, go to the “Basic” item.
- Next “Reset“.
- Select the item “Delete content and settings”.
- We confirm the action and wait.
Upon completion, you will have a completely clean phone with factory settings.
Method two, through iTunes (the device does not turn on)
If the iPhone is no longer able to start on its own, you again need a computer with iTunes and a USB cable. To reset the settings, follow the instructions:
- Connect iPhone to Computer and Open iTunes.
- Under Settings [your name] iCloud, turn off Find My iPhone.
- On the connected device, make a forced restart:
- IPhone 8 or later: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the volume down button. Then press and hold the power button until the recovery mode screen appears.
- On iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press the power button and volume down button at the same time. Hold them until the recovery mode screen appears.
- IPhone 6s and earlier: Press the Home and Power buttons at the same time. Hold them until the recovery mode screen appears. In all three cases, it looks like this:
In this case, the iPhone settings will also be reset to factory settings, and the current version of the operating system will be “uploaded” to the device.
How to Factory Reset iPhone: 3 Ways for Different Occasions
Keep a quick cheat sheet on how to factory reset iPhone. with and without iTunes.
For a number of reasons, you may need to reset your iPhone to factory settings. In Apple’s terminology, this is called “restoring iPhone”, that is, returning the original settings and setting up the smartphone as new. Read below for three ways to do this.
Method one, through iTunes (the device turns on)
If your iPhone is not severely damaged and can turn on, and you have a USB cable and a computer or laptop with iTunes installed, do the following:
- Launch iTunes on your computer.
- Under Settings [your name] iCloud, turn off Find My iPhone.
- Connect iPhone to computer with USB cable. If iTunes requires you to enter a password or make this computer trusted, follow the instructions of the program.
- When the device is displayed in the program, select it in the panel on the left.
- In the Overview tab, click the Restore iPhone button.
- In the pop-up window, click “Restore” again to confirm.
After that, the device will be cleared of your data and returned to factory settings, and the current version of iOS will be installed.
Method three, without iTunes (the device turns on)
You can also do a factory reset on the iPhone itself if you don’t have a computer. But this can only be done if the device turns on.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Go to the device menu in the “Settings” “General” “Reset”.
- Click “Erase Content and Settings”.
- Enter your device password or Apple ID password to confirm.
After that, wait for the settings to be erased. The device will be returned to factory condition.
If your iPhone turns on, we recommend that you back up your data to Apple cloud or external storage before resetting.
How to Reset Passcode on iPhone 5?
Many owners of this gadget today use password protection for their device. And it is not surprising, because it is very convenient. However, practice shows that this is not always the case. After all, every time to turn on the smartphone, you must enter the password. Of course, many people know these numbers by heart. However, it is very annoying to enter them every time. Therefore, users are wondering how to remove the passcode from iPhone 5?
There are different cases in connection with which users want to disable this function. For example, you forgot your password or just got tired of entering it in a special field every time you unlock your smartphone. In addition, there are people who bought devices from the secondary market and they are already locked. There are even cases when one of the children or loved ones decided to joke and changed the password, while forgetting it. Any human factor.
In such a situation, there are only two options. The first one is very cardinal. This is the sale of a device for parts. But it is better to consider this option as a last resort, if nothing else helps. In fact, resetting your password is not difficult at all. However, it is difficult to bypass the Activation Lock functions on your own.
If you’ve forgotten your iPhone 5 password and don’t know what to do, it’s best to use the second method. What kind? Try to reset yourself on your own. At the same time, it seems the easiest to find a password from the simplest numbers (for example, four units, etc.). Or if a person just forgot what password he set on the iPhone 5 on his own, you can try to remember it. However, this process is very time consuming. And remember that there is a special function on the device. If it is enabled, then after the tenth input of the combination, all data on the gadget is immediately deleted.
Fortunately, such a counter can also be reset. To do this, just connect your iPhone to your computer and synchronize all actions through it. But not every computer is suitable for such synchronization. Nevertheless, the developers of the devices have taken good care of providing them with a high degree of security. Only Mac or PC can be used. In addition, if no Apple gadgets have yet been connected to the selected computer, then synchronization will fail.
Remember, if you bought a device on the secondary market and have no idea what the password was, then the probability of recovering it using the usual brute-force method tends to zero. How to reset the passcode on iPhone 5 in this case? There are some methods that can help you. But they are associated with a complete reset of the device to factory settings. Be sure to create a copy of this device on your computer before starting.
If the smartphone is not linked to an iCloud account, then you need to enter recovery mode to reset the password. To do this, you need to enter the DFU or Recovery Mode. In the first case, you need to connect the iPhone to the computer in the off state. Then press two buttons simultaneously for 10 seconds: POWER and HOME. After that, you need to release the HOME button and continue to hold the power button until iTunes can recognize the gadget in this recovery mode.
Regarding the second method using Recovery Mode, you need to do the following with your phone. Don’t forget to make sure your smartphone is turned off initially. When connecting it to a computer, you must press the HOME button and hold it until the cable image and the logo of the iTunes system appear on the gadget device. Next, go to the program interface and select the “Restore” function.
How To: Remove Forgotten PASSCODE iPhone 5S & 5C | iPad Mini iOS | Bypass Password | Unlock Tutorial
With these two methods, we have covered how to reset iPhone 5 if you forgot your password. Remember that in both cases, the smartphone will be completely reset to factory settings and the device will become “clean” of any information. In order to restore all the missing information and a backup was created on the computer.
In addition, all this is relevant only if you forgot your own password or bought on the secondary market and forgot to specify the password. If the phone was lost, and someone found it, then it is not possible to recover the password and find out all the data stored on it. After all, Apple developers are thoroughly concerned about the safety of their customers.
There are situations when you want to remove the password on your own device. But very often the smartphone itself does not allow the disconnection through the Touch ID settings and through the password. In this case, the field that was responsible for removing the code is inactive and glows gray. Simply, you cannot click on it. In such a situation, you should immediately check the firmware and exit iCloud. If nothing has changed, then you need to perform several other actions.
Unfortunately, there is practically no information on this matter on Russian-language sites. However, information is available on English (American) sites. And we found her. When wondering how to reset the password on iPhone 5, if the device itself does not allow you to turn it off, you can choose several answer options:
- Very often, this problem occurs when using a Microsoft Exchange account. After all, it is she who is responsible for all actions related to the password. For example, disabling, enabling, time to re-lock the system, password length, and so on. In this situation, there can be only one solution. to delete the account, otherwise you will not be able to remove the password. To do this, go to Settings and delete it accordingly. But remember that all information associated with it, including contacts, files, etc., will also be deleted. Take care in advance to copy all the information to your computer and do not take any hasty actions.
- But there are times when deleting an account is not possible or advisable for you, since this is a corporate account. In such a situation, you should contact your company so that they change the security policy and allow their employees to disable user passwords on devices using the settings.
- There is another option for the impossibility of removing the password, which is not related to the direct settings of the smartphone system. It is related to the installation of profiles. How to reset iPhone 5 passcode in this case? Very simple! To do this, go to “Settings”. Select “Basic” and move to the very bottom of the list. There will be a line “Profile”. We click on it. You should carefully study the list and remove those that you do not need. Here, also, it is worth remembering that on a “clean” device there will be no such line at all.
After performing these actions, the field indicating the password is disabled will become active again, and you can use it.
And remember that if you disable the password on the gadget if you lose it, you risk that someone else will find out all your data that was stored on the iPhone. In fact, it is not at all difficult to enter four digits. It will be worse then to lament that your information will become available to others. Therefore, before you reset the restrictions passcode on iPhone 5, think about it well.
However, for those who have something to lose, and they want to protect themselves from the possible provision of information to third parties (especially corporate information), it is worth thinking about how to set a password on the iPhone 5. This can be done by performing the following combinations: press “Settings”. “General”. “Password protection”. Then enter any 4 numbers. Also, as mentioned above, you can use a special function that, after 10 unsuccessful entries of possible password combinations, will erase all information on the device. This happens if the device falls into the hands of someone who does not know what the password is on the iPhone 5.
Remember, if you can’t make the settings to remove the password or restore the device after locking yourself, you should contact the service center. there you will certainly be helped. And only in the most extreme case, such a device can come in handy for spare parts. But never be in a hurry, so as not to regret what you did later. Be sure to try all recovery methods.
How to Remove Passcode from iPhone SE?
On an older iPhone, go to Settings Touch ID & Passcode. On devices that do not support Touch ID, go to Settings Password. This section contains various parameters and functions. Disable Passcode: Select this option to disable passcode.
How to Remove Passcode from 5 iPhone?
- Go to Settings → Touch ID & Passcode.
- Enter your passcode.
- Select “Disable passcode” and follow the further system instructions.
How to Delete iCloud Account of Previous iPhone 6s User?
STEP 1. Go to Settings. iCloud. STEP 2. Scroll down the screen and click Exit, then click Exit again. STEP 3. When asked what to do with the data, click on “Remove from iPhone”, then enter your Apple ID password. May 4, 2020.
How to remove an old owner’s Apple ID without knowing the password?
If a password request appears and the data has not been erased from the device, ask the previous owner to unlock the device and go to the Settings menu General Reset Erase Content and Settings. After that, you will need to enter the Apple ID and password of the previous owner.
How to Reset iPhone Settings without Passcode?
To get started, launch iTunes on your computer and connect your iPhone to it using a USB cable. Then hold down the Home button and the screen lock button at the same time for 10 seconds. Release the lock button and hold the Home button for about 5 seconds. A little later, the Home button can be released.
Remove the password if syncing with iTunes.
If your device was previously synced with iTunes, you can restore it. This is the most painless way, all data will remain on the device.
1) Connect the device to the computer with which you synchronized.
3) Wait while iTunes syncs the device and creates a backup.
4) When the synchronization is complete and the backup has been created, click the Restore menu item.
5) When the setup screen opens while restoring your iOS device, click Restore from iTunes Copy.
6) Then select your device in iTunes. Look at the creation date and size of each backup and choose the one that suits you best.
Remove a password using Find My iPhone
If Find My iPhone is set up on an iOS device. you can use iCloud to erase and restore it. This is if you forgot your iPhone password but did not forget your Apple ID password. ) In this case, all data from the iPhone will be deleted.
2) Sign in with your Apple ID.
3) Go to “Find iPhone”, and click the drop-down list “All devices” at the top of the browser window.
4) Select the device you want to erase.
5) Click “Erase” to erase the data on the device and remove its password.
Now you can either restore the device from a backup or set up the device as new.
How to Recover iPhone if Forgot Password
Once your phone is synchronized with your computer, you will need to restore it. This is an important point in the information on how to unlock 4 iPhone if you forgot your password. Methods of transferring the phone to the desired mode are discussed above, but bypassing the official lock is possible as follows: reflash the gadget. The lock can be removed either through iTunes or using iСloud. Both options are applicable in relation to restoration, recommended by the official dealership of the brand.
If there are errors in the unlocking situation, then the way out of the situation may be to read the forums, where it is possible to find answers to any questions that arise. Experienced users share secrets with newbies, which often turn out to be little tricks to deceive the system and return the device to its original state. So, there is an advice to initially install the latest firmware version, and then restore the iPhone. it takes less time and is suitable for users with slow Internet.
IPhone 4 Password Recovery
If you forget your screen unlock password, you can reset the password by synchronizing your device with your computer, which will allow you to recover data without using a screen password.
- Put the device into DFU mode. To do this, you need to reboot. press the power button and “Home” for ten seconds.
- After the logo appears on the screen, release the power button while holding the Home button. After that, an image of the USB connection will appear on the screen and a proposal to turn on iTunes.
- A message will appear about restoring the device, you must click on the “Restore” button.
By the way! Antivirus protection for your computer: an overview of Windows security applications
After performing the restore, the phone will be reset to factory settings and all the data stored in the device will be lost. Therefore, the best way to secure your data is to save backups that will allow you to restore contacts, media files.
It is worth noting that the Internet offers a lot of methods designed for devices with the iOS 5.1, 6.1 operating system, which allows you to bypass problems in the Apple security service by dialing the emergency phone number, and then dropping the call and blocking the device. There are also software based on the ICCID vulnerability of the iPhone, for example, the Chinese program SAM. Today, all system errors in older versions of the iOS operating system have been eliminated by the developers, so these methods do not work and are unsafe, so it is not recommended to use them.
It is best to use legal and proven methods, only they can be considered reliable and highly effective.
- How to sync iPhone to computer
- Computer cleaning programs: what are they needed for and how they work
- Antivirus protection for your computer: an overview of Windows security applications
- 5 ways to cut music online for free
- How to delete messages on Skype. All bugs, errors and ways to solve them for Windows, Android and iOS
- Turning off your computer: what you can and what is better not to do with your computer
- TOP 6 programs for hard drive recovery
- TOP 4 ways to make online video editing
Resetting the Wrong Attempts Counter
In order to ensure the safety of the device, the gadget can lock itself permanently after the sixth attempt to enter the password incorrectly. In this case, it will give you the information “iPhone is disabled, connect to iTunes.” In such a case, the lock can be removed by resetting the bad try counter. Actions on how to remove the password from the iPhone are possible only if there is synchronization with the computer, its authorization with iTunes:
- Connect your phone to your computer via a cable, turn on iTunes. When Wi-Fi is turned off on the device, synchronization with a computer via it will not occur.
- Wait a little time for the gadget program to recognize.
- In the menu, select “Devices”, click “Synchronize with”, select your phone. Similarly, you can pass this item through the “Tabs”, “Overview”.
- With the start of synchronization, the counter of incorrect attempts will be reset to zero, and you can continue to enter your password.
- When you try to turn off and turn on the gadget, or forcibly restart it, the counter will not be reset. keep this in mind.
Reset iPhone Lock Passcode
Another situation may be the question of how to unlock the iPhone. This can be a complete reset of the unlock password or sending the code to the backup mail specified in the settings. In the event of a complete reset, you first need to transfer all information from the device to a backup option or create a backup copy. You can try to manually sort through the combinations of numbers, but for this the “Find iPhone” feature on the gadget must be enabled, and the search itself will take a lot of time. Information on how to reset iPhone password may include verifying the following data:
- Make sure activation lock is active.
- The presence of a synchronized computer, authorization with iTunes.
- Enter Apple ID details, code.
- Putting the phone into DFU mode: turn off the phone, simultaneously hold down the Home and Power buttons, hold them for 10 to 20 seconds, after 10 seconds, release the Power button, and hold the Home button until the computer sees the device in selected mode.
How to unlock iPhone via iCloud
Unlocking your phone using iCloud is only possible if the mandatory requirements are met:
- Find iPhone feature included.
- Wi-Fi enabled or available internet via cellular.
- The screen is not viewable due to the requested code.
The question of how to unlock iPhone 5 can be answered by following these steps:
- Go to iCloud, make sure that in the “All devices” tab, when you select “Find iPhone”, the name of the required gadget is green, and the status shows “Online”.
- Click on the device name, choosing “Erase iPhone“, in the pop-up window, click “Erase” again.
- Enter your Apple ID code, phone number, click “Finish”.
- The screen will turn off, but the logo will be highlighted, the status bar will be displayed. When it reaches the end, you can return to the original settings.