Try to recover Apple ID through Apple websites
If nothing works (you don’t even remember the first letter of your mail, which the Apple ID was registered with), then there’s nothing to do, go to one of the official Apple sites. iCloud.com or Apple ID and click the Forgot Apple ID button or password?
On the next screen, you can try to enter the email address that is most suitable for the role of “correct”. Also, the Apple website will offer to find your ID. for this you need to click on a special link.
On an iPhone or iPad with two-factor authentication
Click on your name at the top of the screen.
Tap Password & Security.
Enter a new password, confirm it and click Change.
How to remember (reset) your Apple ID password?
If you remember your Apple ID, but you forgot your password, you will have to reset it and set a new one. There are several ways to do this:
Go to the site of the intended email address to which your Apple ID is linked
If you at least remember which email service was used to register your Apple ID, try going to its home page from your devices. For example:
if @ gmail.com mailbox was used. go to gmail.com
With any luck, the email address will be displayed in the upper right corner.
Check your iPhone
Your Apple ID is used in several places at once on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. To get to it, simply open the Settings app on your device and tap on your first and last name. Here’s your Apple ID!
In the Find iPhone app on another iPhone or iPad
If you only have a friend’s or family’s smartphone at hand, open the Find My iPhone app (download link) and do the following:
Make sure the device owner is signed out of their account.
Click the link button Forgot Apple ID or password?
Enter your Apple ID and follow Apple’s instructions to reset your password.
Go to the iCloud website
Visit one of the official pages. iCloud.com or Apple ID. If you have previously saved information about your E-mail, it will be displayed in the window. The main thing is to type the first letters.
If you are currently signed in to iCloud.com, click your name in the upper right corner and select iCloud Settings. Apple ID will be displayed at the top of the screen.
Forgot your Apple ID password or login? How to reset or recover password and login on iPhone
Forgot your Apple ID password or login? Not a problem! In this article, you will learn how to recover your Apple ID and keep using your account.
Recover Apple ID if two-factor authentication has been set up
You can recover a forgotten Apple ID without a smartphone. If you do not have access to the phone on which you used the identifier before, then the situation becomes a little more complicated, but it can be solved. To recover the forgotten code in this case, follow the tips below:
- Go to the site.
- Click on the “Forgot Apple ID” button and enter the login from your account.
- Click the “Continue” button. In case two-factor authentication was enabled, the site will ask for a phone number.
- After that, a notification will be sent to your smartphone. Follow the link and reset your Apple ID password.
- Come up with a new login code and remember it for future reference.
How to reset password via browser
What if you forgot your code and didn’t set up two-factor authentication? In this case:
- Go to the page https://appleid.Apple.com/.
- Also click on the “Forgot Apple ID or Password” button and enter the login from your account.
- After that, the service will offer “Reset Apple ID password” or “Answer security questions”.
- In the first option, you will be asked to restore the code to enter via email or answer security questions (if you have access to mail, which is a login, then select the first item).
- In this case, you will receive a link to reset the code by email. Follow it and enter a new one.
- If you do not have access to mail, then use the second option. “Answer security questions” (when creating your account, you were asked questions, when answering which you can enter your account).
- Initially, the system will ask for your date of birth and it will be very good if you provided real data when registering. After that, answer the questions, and if you entered the correct answers, the system will give you the opportunity to reset the login password and create a new one.
After you have restored the login to your account, do not forget to enable two-factor authentication, and you can also change the date of birth and mail in order to restore the login code faster and secure your account, how to do this, read the article “How secure your account? “.
How to Recover Apple ID Password on iPhone
There are several ways to recover an identifier. First, let’s find out how to recover a forgotten Apple ID password on iPhone. If you previously downloaded applications through the App Store, set up iCloud and now forgot your account password, then follow these steps:
- Go to “Settings” “iCloud” on iPhone or iPad.
- Select “iTunes Store and App Store” and click on your account login.
- In the pop-up window, click “iForgot” and enter the code to unlock your smartphone or tablet.
- You will then be able to reset your password and create a new login code. Remember to write it down or remember it for future reference.
How to recover Apple ID if you forgot your login
If you do not remember the ID’s login, then you will not be able to reset the password, what can you do in such a situation? Initially, check all the mailboxes that you use for letters from the apple corporation. If there are such letters, then this email is the login to your account.
If you FORGOT APPLE ID PASSWORD (Reset Password) | Step by Step
Another option in order to remember your login is to ask your friends what email they got when they received messages from you via iMassege. The fact is that if you use iMassege to communicate with friends, then when sending such messages, your Apple ID login can be used as an identifier, and not your phone number. Therefore, it is quite possible that when you sent your friends iMassege, your contact was displayed with the indication of the mailing address, which was the login to enter the system. Remember when and how you created the identifier, perhaps, after all, this data is recorded in some kind of notebook.
If you still can’t remember anything, then you should restore the Apple ID login:
- Follow the link in your browser.
- Click on the “Forgot Apple ID” button.
- The site will ask you to find an identifier, click on the button “Find it”.
- To search for the identifier in the appropriate fields, enter the first name, last name and email that you indicated when registering an account.
- When entering email, you have the opportunity to enter many mailboxes in order to guess which of them the identifier was registered to. After all, the correct mailbox will correspond to the login of your ID.
- When all three input parameters match, the system will write to you that “Apple ID found”.
- After that, you can easily go to your account.
It is not so easy to recall the data specified during registration, but as one of the options, this method can be used. If you manage to correctly enter the first name, last name and mailbox, then you are guaranteed to receive data to enter your account.
If you failed to remember the data, then there is only one option left. this is to contact the Support of the company. How to recover your Apple ID login via support:
- Also follow the link.
- At the very bottom of the page, you will see a phone number that you can call and provide all information about your identifier in order for the corporation’s employees to make a decision whether to help you in this case or not.
You can also contact Support in this way:
- After going to the page, select the section “Apple ID” and “Other sections about identifier”.
- Click on “The topic is not in the list” and in the window that appears, describe your problem in detail.
- Do not forget to leave your contact information so that employees of the company can contact you.
- Then there will be 2 points from which you can choose: talk to the support staff now (they will call you back immediately) or start a chat. Choose a convenient option for you and get a solution to the problem from Apple employees.
As you can see, resetting a forgotten password or recovering Apple ID if you forgot your login is not always easy and fast. To prevent such situations from recurring, try to memorize or write down the access codes in a notebook or diary. This will help you in the future not to spend a lot of time restoring your account and not losing your data. Take seriously the creation of a login code, enter truthful information, use a valid email for your account and this way you will secure your data and devices.
Be sure to use the same Apple ID on your iOS and Mac devices to enjoy easy data sync and be able to turn on two-factor authentication. For example, when trying to hack, a verification code-password will be displayed on the screen of the Mac device. In addition, using the identifier, you can configure the function of continuous work with files and documents.
Resetting the router to factory settings
There is another way that allows you to get a Wi-Fi password through a router. It is suitable if the access key was changed through the settings, but the user cannot go to the device parameters to view it, or use another method.
In this case, we are talking about a factory reset. It is enough to return the router to its original state so that the standard password is used. The steps here will differ depending on the model.
For more information on how to view the password for Wi-Fi through a router, see the video
Forgot your icloud password
How to put
Setting a password on the lock screen is done as follows:
Step 1 Go to “Settings “IPhone, find the section”Password “And follow it.
Step 2 Click on the item “Enable password “.
Step 3 Come up with a 4-digit combination and enter it twice.
After that, the lock password will be set.
Note the other options in the Password section. For example, through the “Password request” menu, you can set the time period
For how long the gadget will have to stay locked in order to ask for a password.
This option allows an active user of the gadget to avoid the need to waste time entering a digital code several times per minute. The optimal time interval for requesting a password is 5 minutes
You can also set a 4-hour period. however, do you need a password in this case at all ?
Apple warns: the shorter the time period for asking for a password, the more secure the data on the iPhone.
Another interesting option is “Erase data “. The slider for its activation is located at the very bottom of the section “Password “.
If the option “Erase data »Is activated, then after 10 unsuccessful attempts to enter the password, all information stored on the mobile device is destroyed. Needless to say, a user who ventured to enable this option should back up data on a permanent basis.?
You can also remove the lock using iCloud. This method is similar to the previous one, but it is suitable only for users who have enabled the find device function. Nothing will work without her.
The iCloud service opens in the Internet browser, personal data is entered there and logged into the system. Next, the search function for the Apple device is used, and when it is found, the “Erase iPhone” function will appear. It is necessary to use it, as a result of which the system will remove the block. But in this case, you will have to come to terms with the fact that the device will delete all the old data on it.
How to unlock iPhone if you forgot your password
Most often, it happens that the owner has forgotten the iPhone password. As said, the only way is to remember him.
But what if you forgot your iPhone password and can’t remember it? There are options for how to unlock your iPhone, but they are pretty tough. This is possible only if the Apple ID is not blocked. Then only a special support service will help. You will need to reflash the phone, completely reinstall the system. This is a complex and costly process.
You can, of course, turn to underground specialists, hack the phone and flash the device from them, but this is always a risky venture. And for new models on the iOS11 and higher platform, this method simply will not work.
How to remove old iCloud?
Disconnecting Apple ID Account on iPhone
STEP 1. Go to Settings. iCloud. STEP 2. Scroll down the screen and click Exit, then click Exit again. STEP 3. When asked what to do with the data, click on “Remove from iPhone”, then enter your Apple ID password. May 4, 2020.
How to Reset Passcode on iPhone 5?
While holding the volume down button, connect your iPhone to your computer. Hold the volume down button until the recovery mode screen appears. If you have a backup of iPhone data, after removing the password, restore the data and settings.
How to Reset Apple ID. iCloud Password
What to do if you forgot your iPhone 4s password?
Recovery Mode to Unlock iPhone if Forgot Password
- Turn off your phone.
- Connect it to your computer.
- Select Recovery Mode from the menu that appears.
- Turn on iTunes, click OK and then “Restore iPhone“.
- If a message appears about auto-checking for updates, click on the “check” button.
How to remove passcode on iPhone 4?
Go to the “Settings” menu. Select the “Passcode” section.
How to remove an old owner’s Apple ID without knowing the password?
If a password request appears and the data has not been erased from the device, ask the previous owner to unlock the device and go to the Settings menu General Reset Erase Content and Settings. After that, you will need to enter the Apple ID and password of the previous owner.
How to factory reset iPhone 4 with buttons?
Press the “Home” and “Power” buttons at the same time. The device will show a shutdown slider and then the screen will turn off. Don’t let go of the buttons. Wait until the device starts to boot and release the “Power” button.
How to completely clean iPhone 4?
How to erase content and settings on iPhone
- On iPhone, go to Settings. Basic. Reset “.
- Select “Erase content and settings” and if you set a lock password, you must enter it.
- Confirm the request by double tapping on “Erase iPhone”.
How to Unlink iPhone 4s from Apple ID?
First, go to iCloud.com and sign in with your Apple ID. Then you should go to the “Find iPhone” section. In it, you need to select “All devices” and then. in the list that appears. find the smartphone that you want to untie. Click “Erase iPhone” and then confirm your decision.
Effective Methods to Reset Apple ID or Password
Forget your Apple ID or password. this is panic, right? This means that you are locked out of the App Store, iTunes, iCloud and cannot buy content on your iPhone. importantly, you cannot access your data in iCloud and iTunes backup. How do I reset Apple ID? The answer is a bit tricky because Apple has developed different methods to do this in different situations. In this guide, we will talk about these methods and help you reset Apple ID successfully. In addition, to avoid data loss, we also provide the easiest solution to recover data from your iPhone and iTunes backup if you forgot Apple ID or password.
- 1. Reset Apple ID by deleting existing Apple ID
- 2. Reset Forgotten Apple ID or Password on iPhone / iPad
- 3. Reset Apple ID password via email or security questions
- 4. Use Apple 2-Step Verification if you’ve forgotten your Apple ID password.
- 5. Use Apple Two-Factor Authentication if you’ve forgotten Apple ID passwords.
- 6. Recover lost data as soon as you forgot Apple ID or Apple ID password
- Frequently asked questions about resetting Apple ID
Use Apple Two-Factor Authentication if you’ve forgotten your Apple ID password.
Similar to 2-Step Verification, 2FA is another way to reset Apple ID.
Go to iforgot.Apple.com in your browser and enter your Apple ID. If you have configured two-factor authentication, you will get two options: “Reset from another device” and “Use a trusted phone number”.
Select the option that suits your conditions and click “Continue” to move on.
When you are prompted to trust your device, click Allow to begin resetting your Apple ID.
How to Recover Lost Data from iTunes Backup When Forgot Apple ID
Step 1. Switch to iTunes Backup Recovery Mode
Connect your iPhone to your computer with a USB cable if you forgot your Apple ID. After installation, launch the iPhone data recovery program and open the “Recover from iTunes Backup File” tab on the left sidebar.
Step 2. Open iTunes backup
When the program recognizes your iPhone, all available iTunes backup files will appear in the list. Select the latest iTunes backup according to the latest backup date and click the “Start Scan” button to open the backup file.
Step 3. Retrieve Lost Data from iPhone
 Forgot Apple ID Password? 3 Ways to Recover/Reset Apple ID/iCloud Password
Browse and select the iPhone files you want to recover in the details window and click the “Recover” button in the bottom right corner. Your iPhone data will be downloaded to your computer without resetting Apple ID.
Frequently asked questions about resetting Apple ID
Can I Remove Apple ID from Stolen iPhone Without Passcode?
To remove Apple ID from stolen iPhone, you need to use some professional tools like Apeaksoft iOS Unlock. It is a powerful Apple ID removal software to help you erase Apple ID and iCloud password. And it can unlock screen lock, Face ID, Touch ID, digital passcode on iPhone / iPad / iPod.
How to find my forgotten Apple ID email address?
You can go to “Settings” [your name] and then you will see your email address under your profile.
How to change Apple ID password on iPhone?
On your iPhone, open the Settings app, tap your iCloud account, and then tap Password & Security. Select the “Change Password” option. Then enter your current password and enter a new password. Confirm the new password and click “Change” or “Change password” to confirm the operation.
Recover lost data as soon as you forgot Apple ID or Apple ID password
When you forgot your Apple ID or password, we were worried about data loss besides resetting your Apple ID. Nowadays, you need a professional tool to recover lost data from your iPhone and iTunes backup. We recommend FoneLab iPhone Data Recovery because it offers powerful features as shown below.
Recover Lost Data from iDevices, iTunes Backup or iCloud Backup without Resetting Apple ID.
Extract iPhone Data to Computer in One Click.
Data preview according to recovery types.
Supports all iPhone and iPad models, including iPhone X / 8/8 Plus / 7/7 Plus.
Available for both Windows and Mac OS.
In short, FoneLab iPhone Data Recovery. best way to recover data on iPhone when you forgot Apple ID or password.