How to enable BIOS on Asus laptop? BIOS on ASUS
How to log into BIOS on an asus laptop? How to enable BIOS on asus laptop? Perhaps these are the two questions that concern users of Asus laptops and netbooks. There are several recommendations on this topic that will help in any situation.
- Asus laptop or netbook running Windows operating system
- BIOS platform
Asus is an immensely popular manufacturer of quality computer hardware and components from Taiwan. It is known that at least a quarter of laptops belong to this particular company. Asus motherboards are equipped with various BIOS modifications. In each case, you can use several ways to log into this system. But often novice users of ASUS products have problems with opening the BIOS. We’ll have to figure out how to open this system, as well as find out the recommendations of the professionals. Perhaps the most popular way is to enter the BIOS of your personal laptop or netbook. They log into the system when the computer is turned on, but press the DEL key. This must be done quickly, literally in about five seconds, otherwise the screen will switch to standard operating mode.
Further, you can already perform the necessary manipulations with the BIOS. Before we start listing other ways to use BIOS on Asus laptops, it is worth recalling some practical recommendations that will be very useful for beginners. First, remember that it is the Del key that is most often used as a system customizer. There are special cases when this button does not work, and then you can change the “default key” to any other in the system settings. Secondly, if the computer was released in 2008, then you should press the F10 or F12 button, not Del. It will open access to the “electronic version” of the motherboard. Thirdly, if none of THESE keys provide access to the BIOS, you should restart your computer and contact Asus technical support.
How to log into BIOS on an asus laptop? After all, the Windows system boots up very quickly, and sometimes you can’t catch the right moment? In fact, if you did not manage to press the BIOS call button in time, you just need to restart the computer and re-type the desired button. After that, you can already enter the BIOS. It should be remembered that this is, first of all, the basic system of output and data input; this is how this abbreviation stands. When we press the power button to turn on the computer, the system immediately starts recalculating and loading the operating system of the Asus laptop. Some novice users ask how to enable BIOS on asus laptop. This is somewhat incorrect. BIOS is constantly running, in parallel with the main operating system.
How to enter BIOS on ASUS laptop? If everything is done correctly, the famous “blue window” BIOS will open with the most important settings for the operation of the operating system. Empirically, it was found that it is the F2 key that slows down the boot somewhat and, accordingly, allows you to enter the BIOS window in time. The fact is that most laptop manufacturers today have already reconfigured their products to suit the tastes of consumers. Many users agree that it is F2 that allows you to open the BIOS window faster than Del or F10. The user himself can in the “user settings” select the most optimal key combination for his keyboard, which will be automatically sent to the BIOS. If you can’t do everything yourself, then you can refer to the instructions or various manuals on this topic.
How to enter BIOS on an asus laptop? Often Asus netbooks and laptops exit to the BIOS settings window by pressing the F2 key immediately after turning on the power. One of the main features of this technique is the disorder and some difficulty in using the BIOS by ordinary users. It should also be noted that, in principle, it will be more difficult to enter the BIOS from ASUS laptops, since the main parameters of the Windows operating system are loaded quite quickly, and it will NOT be possible to get into the desired BIOS window by the next reboot. You should also take into account the fact that the processor of a compact computer often contains specialized, Advanced security settings, touchpad control systems, an additional operating system, which instantly loads Windows.
Empirically, it was found that it is the F2 key that slows down the boot somewhat and, accordingly, allows you to enter the BIOS window in time. The fact is that most laptop manufacturers today have already reconfigured their products to suit the tastes of consumers. Many users agree that it is F2 that allows you to open the BIOS window faster than Del or F10. As mentioned above, sometimes a special key combination is used, which can be set by the user himself, or provided by the laptop manufacturer. How to enter BIOS on an ASUS laptop if there is a key combination provided, but it is not known which one? There are several exits here. First, you should review the instructions again. Sometimes information is given on the last pages or Printed in small print.
Secondly, you can contact the Official Tech Support. To do this, you should either call the hotline, or write to the site operator with a request to clarify the situation. This is a win-win option: Asus, a reliable customer service company, always helps its users with technical problems. Thirdly, you can contact special salons for the repair of computer equipment. It is there that you can consult about the required key combination to enter the BIOS. Perhaps, in most cases, it will be easy for Asus laptop users to enter the BIOS, and in case of unforeseen situations there are useful and very practical recommendations.!
How to enter BIOS on an ASUS laptop
There are many ways to enter BIOS using different key combinations. But here you need to take into account the fact that depending on the model, modification of the laptop motherboard, the entire sequence of actions can differ significantly. In most cases, Del keys are involved in loading parameters. F2. Ctrl. Esc.
Let’s consider several ways, thanks to which you can enter the BIOS in an ASUS laptop as quickly as possible:
- Including laptop. Since the parameters are loaded quite quickly, it is required to enter the BIOS in the first 3-5 seconds before the OS starts. When you see the company logo, you need to press Esc. Then the system offers to continue “Enter SETUP” and select the appropriate start button. In most models, the start signal is by pressing the F2 key. As a rule, the system itself indicates which key to select.
- If the laptop did not react in any way, then you need to try entering the BIOS by selecting the keys. It can be a combination of Ctrl F2 or Del. Some modified models can respond to pressing F6. F12. F8. It should be noted that it is necessary to try a new key combination during each subsequent system boot.
- In case of a failure to load the laptop parameters, you need to give time to rest and cool down. And again try to boot, hold down the power key, and further configure the BIOS.
What is BIOS
The abbreviation BIOS stands for basic input and output system. It Acts An integral part of the computer system software. Therefore, answering the question of how to enter the BIOS on an ASUS laptop, you need to clearly understand what you have to deal with.
The BIOS is located on the motherboard chip and has its own energy source. a battery. This system acts as a data warehouse and a guarantee that the necessary information will not be lost in the event of a device failure. All ASUS system settings are saved on it. It is a permanent storage device.
The main function of the BIOS is the timely detection and recognition of all constituent elements of the system:
- Random access memory;
- Devices inside the laptop;
- And external connected accessories (flash drive, disk).
The BIOS checks all communication between them and only then proceeds to start the operating system, transferring control to the bootloader. In other words Acts as a key link between devices and the operating system.
Separately, it is worth noting the ability to enter BIOS when turning on the laptop.
If ASUS is equipped with Windows 7 or XP version, then entering the “MSInfo32” command will help to determine the BIOS type and enter the main menu. You can ask it in several ways:
- Enter “MSInfo32” in the Start search bar and then press Enter.
- Set the shortcut to start the Task Manager Ctrl Shift Esc or Ctrl Alt Delete. Go to the “File” section and select “New task (Run.)”. In the window that opens, in the input line, type “MSInfo32” and confirm with the OK button.
- Press the key combination R. In the input line enter “MSInfo32” and select the OK button.
As a result of correct key entry in any of the ways, a window will open with all data about the OS and the version of the BIOS used on the laptop. Next, you just need to select the necessary keys for the installed type of BIOS. A good hint would be the following selection of buttons for entering the system.
Pressing one of THESE key combinations at the same time when booting Windows 7 or XP will open the main BIOS menu.
First of all, you should make a competent connection of the external device, since to enter the BIOS menu on an ASUS laptop with Windows 8 installed, it will correctly use the UEFI settings.
To start the BIOS, you will have to perform the following sequence of steps:
- On the Desktop Control Panel, select the “Settings” option.
- At the bottom of the window that opens, click “Change PC settings”.
- In the menu that appears, select “General”, then click “Special boot parameters” (Advanced startup), and then Restart now.
- At the end of the reboot, you need to make your choice on the “Troubleshout” section.
- In the window that opens, find “Advanced options”.
- Next select “UEFI Firmvare Settings”.
- Finally, in the last window, click on the Restart button.
And if all the steps of the Step-by-step instructions are followed, then the BIOS will start immediately after the system reboots.
How to enter BIOS on an ASUS laptop
Every year ASUS products are in great demand among consumers. In addition to a high-quality assembly, the full operation of the computer system is ensured by its competent setting of all parameters, the initial stage of which is the correct entry into the BIOS on an ASUS laptop.
Having figured out how to enter the BIOS software in an ASUS laptop, a blue partition window opens. Among which:
- Power is responsible for the consumption of electricity and the presence of constant voltage in the included elements of the system.
- Main contains information about the type, amount of installed memory, date and time.
- Boot determines the order in which system parameters are loaded.
- Advanced includes wide-type settings. Inexperienced users shouldn’t experiment with this section.
- Exit prompts you to leave the system.
Pressing Enter confirms the selection of any of the sections. Arrows of the cursors on the keyboard respond to moving between sections. To make changes to the selected view of the menu section, use the PgUp or PgDn keys.
In the updated version of Windows 10, it is also possible to enter the BIOS settings, set such a command to the laptop before starting to overload it. It is necessary to hold down the Shift key. Select the “Reboot” section. Or, at the stage of loading the system, press F2. Then the OS will go to the BIOS menu.
Entering BIOS with Windows
In different versions, the way how to get into the BIOS on an ASUS laptop is different, so we will consider each separately.
If you have recently acquired a laptop from ASUS, then basic knowledge of English and instructions for a computer device that comes in the kit will help you answer many of your questions and help you enter the system settings. And competent work with the BIOS software will help to make the necessary changes to the system operation in a timely manner and eliminate possible problems.
Sign in on a specific version of Windows
In Windows 7 / XP, to determine the BIOS version, you must enter the command “MSInfo32” in the “run” line or enter it in the search for the “Start” menu. As a result, a window with complete information on the OS will open. Then it remains only to select the necessary buttons.
How to enter BIOS on an ASUS laptop and guaranteed to turn on the program. How to enter BIOS (UEFI) on an ASUS laptop
ASUS notebooks are among the leaders on the market today (good value for money). Well, since they are in demand, then there are always enough questions about them.
In today’s article, I want to touch on one of them. namely, entering the BIOS (or UEFI on newer device modifications). Most often, this must be done to boot from an installation flash drive (for example, to update / install Windows), to disconnect some devices, view the model of components, etc.
Approx. : The article is replete with explanatory screenshots. Some of the details that you see on the screen may differ slightly from yours, depending on the software version of your device (but all actions will be the same for laptops of this brand).
How to enter BIOS on Asus laptop?
Using the BIOS, you can customize your computer for yourself, overclock the processor and RAM, and also fix some malfunctions in the operating system. We tell you how to enter the BIOS using the example of the Asus brand.
In terms of stability, laptops are less practical devices than desktop computers. They break more often and are more difficult to repair. This is largely due to the compactness of portable devices. over, problems occur not only in the hardware part of the device, but also in the software. In many cases, the BIOS can come to the aid of the user. Its interface depends on many factors. It will differ even within the same manufacturer. Therefore, there is some universal formula for entering the BIOS. Nevertheless, we decided to give a general outline of how to enter BIOS on ASUS laptops.
Through the “Run” window
Another option to get into the basic software, the Run window appears. To do this, consider the following:
- The window is called by SIMultaneously pressing the WIN buttons (the well-known OS logo) and the English R.
- In it, the command “cmd” is entered, which will cause the activation of the command line (black window).
- On the command line, print shutdown.Exe followed by a space followed by / r followed by another space and / o.
- The laptop will reboot and open the startup menu, in it you need to press F2 (BIOS) or F7 (UEFI).
Important to remember! The menu for the basic I / O software cannot be called up while the notebook is running. It is used at the stage when the OS is NOT loaded yet, or is not installed. Hence the name. basic.
The existing methods allow you to enter the BIOS regardless of the current situation. Even if the keyboard does not work for a person or pressing the keys is inconvenient for him, you can always call the desired settings in an alternative way. The final choice depends only on the tastes of the user.
How to enter BIOS on an ASUS laptop?
Thus, you can enter the BIOS functions even before installing the operating system.
Open the menu for installing the OS on the laptop: Turn off the laptop. Turn it on and press F2 frequently. When the menu appears, you can stop pressing the button. Boot progress can be changed on the Boot tab. In the Boot Option line, change the boot device. If it is a USB drive, then it must be connected before starting the computer. Save the settings by pressing the F10 button. After installing Windows or changing settings. returning the SSD to the first place in the Boot Option.
If you still want to change all the values in a row, then you should reset the settings by selecting the Optimized Defaults item.
The BIOS entry depends on the motherboard in the laptop and the entry sequence may vary. The input uses the Del, F2, Ctrl, Esc keys.
Let’s look at several ways by which you can enter the BIOS faster:
- Turn on your laptop. After switching on, press Ecs immediately. In the menu that appears, select BIOS Setup. Most often this is the F2 key, but usually the system indicates which button to press.
- If the previous option did NOT work, then you must try to enter the BIOS using the selection method. You can try: Ctrl F2, Del. Some models may respond to F6, F12, F8.
How to update the BIOS on an Asus laptop
Many users ask themselves the question: “How to install BIOS on Asus laptop?” The question itself is incorrect. You will hardly be able to install it without deep knowledge of software and architectural features of motherboards. Most often, this question means the ability to update the firmware. This can be done quite SIMply. This is most often required when new processors are released that are compatible with a long-standing socket on the market. But for the new items to work correctly, an update roll is required. To do this, follow these steps:
- Go to the developer’s official website and download the firmware. Drop it onto a formatted USB flash drive in FAT32 format. Then insert the USB stick into the USB port.
- Go to BIOS and find the proprietary ASUS EZ Flash utility in the Tool section. In some cases, it can also be launched during OS boot using certain keys. Most often this is a combination of ALT F2.
- Then specify the media where the firmware is located and Confirm the operation.
- Wait until the end of the process and in no case turn off the computer. Otherwise, it may cause the motherboard to stop working. Therefore, it is recommended to use an uninterruptible power supply during the update.
What is BIOS
If you do not quote Wikipedia and speaks in SIMple language, then the BIOS is needed for the correct functioning of computer hardware and the operating system. It is located in the motherboard chip and does NOT depend on which OS will be installed on the media. Some manufacturers install multiple copies of BIOS in their oregano so that they can restore the original version of the software in case of a problem. BIOS is quite difficult to disable: it is protected from an inexperienced user. However, it often becomes faulty during firmware updates. But everything has its time, we’ll talk about this below.
BIOS can be useful when you want to overclock your processor or RAM. Their parameters, such as frequency and voltage, can NOT be changed using any program. But not all hardware lends itself to overclocking. Therefore, the most common use for BIOS is to reinstall the operating system. In some cases, it is possible to perform the installation using the operating system interface, but what if the OS shows no signs of life? There is only one way out. BIOS.
However, API capabilities are expanding every year. Previously, motherboards almost did NOT provide the user with any options. Most often, it all came down to a SIMple monitoring of system characteristics. However, now the functionality has become much wider.
How to enter BIOS on a laptop
BIOS is considered to be a set of small programs that implement an interface for working with components. a card, hard drive, external media (etc.) of a laptop. It is sewn into the motherboard chip and is present in any computer system.
The main way to get into BIOS is by pressing keys on the keyboard, but this is NOT the only way. Latest windows operating system (e.g. 10) Provide your own login method.
Add a comment
Leave your question through the feedback form and the master will call you back and answer without imposing any services.
Changing system bus parameters with SetFSB
This method differs in that it can harm the device due to improper handling of the program. Therefore, we must treat the process responsibly. Setfsb is a utility that allows you to change the frequency of the CPU and RAM. It works with all computers that have an Intel Atom processor installed. The software works great for the line of netbooks:
A more extended list of supported devices can be seen on the official SetFSB website. You can download it there for free. Suitable for Windows Xp, 7, Vista, 2003, 2000, NT4, Me, 98 Those who want to use this software, it is advisable to install the EVEREST application, which will monitor the temperature readings. It is imperative to be aware of your actions, because any wrong operation can lead to damage to your computer.
Detailed instructions for use can be found on the official website or forum dedicated to overclocking processors. Setfsb is a tool for advanced users to help you achieve unprecedented performance. Second users are encouraged to consider other options, since K. The risk of component breakage is high.
What is “overclocking
Overclocking is a procedure that allows you to increase the performance of a device without changing the components of the device itself. The idea was born when computers became a mass phenomenon. It is SIMple and consists in increasing the frequencies of the adapter and the central processor. This action increases the speed of information processing. This value is changed either in BIOS or using third-party programs.
In some cases, computer manufacturers themselves make programs that help increase the speed of work. Asus did this. It released the Super Hybrid Engine app that lets you choose between performance and battery life. Some models increased power by 30% and saved 50%.
But not all companies decide to release such programs, so the user has to look for other ways to solve this problem. They are all very SIMple and take a little time.
- Press the WINR key combination;
- In the “Run” window that pops up, enter the command powercfg.Cpl;
- It should open the Power Options settings window: in the menu on the left, select the “Action of the power buttons” option.
Control Panel-Hardware and Sound-Power Supply
Then click the link at the top of the screen “Change settings that are currently unavailable” (see screen below).
Changing parameters that are currently unavailable
Now the shutdown parameters should become active: you must uncheck the “Enable fast startup” box. Then save your settings and restart your laptop.
Disable Fast Startup
After restarting, you will see a “blue” screen with Multiple options: Click the “Choose other options” option. Or immediately “Troubleshooting”. If this download option is immediately available (see two screenshots below).
Next, in the “Diagnostics” section, select the “Additional parameters” subsection.
And then the option “UEFI firmware parameters”.
UEFI firmware options
Agree to reboot. After it, the laptop itself will automatically open the main page (Main) of the BIOS settings.
Reboot (after which the laptop will automatically open the UEFI / BIOS main page)
That, in fact, is all. I hope one of the options works for you.
Add-ons are welcome as always.
How to enter BIOS on Asus laptop Windows 8
It is necessary to configure the subsequent inclusion in the BIOS by changing the computer settings. To do this, go to the general settings menu item in the special boot options. Here you need to indicate in the overload request that you need device diagnostics. Next, in the “Diagnostics” item in the additional parameters, find the UEFI Firmware Settings.
Next, restart your Asus laptop and the next power-on will be in BIOS mode. If you need to boot from a USB drive or disk, then you need to install them in advance.
How to open BIOS on an ASUS netbook. We go into the BIOS on an ASUS laptop using the keys
BIOS, check the following table first.
The procedure itself is as follows. First you turn off your laptop if it’s on. Then press and hold the F2 button on your Asus keyboard.
I release the F2 button. After that you will see the BIOS start menu.
If the laptop does not respond when you try to start, press and hold the power button until the monitor does NOT display the above information. Usually 5-8 seconds is enough.
Overclocking graphics with Gmabooster
The easiest and shortest way to boost your netbook’s performance. Many models have an integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator that clocks in at 133 to 400 MHz.
It is often installed even on premium devices. The GMAbooster application was created specially for this accelerator, which works on Windows, Linux, Mac OS x. The software manufacturer promises to increase the power indicators by 3 times.
The main advantage of the method is an increase in power without changing the voltage supplied to the card. This means that in the event of an unexpected error, the GPU will turn off, and not burn out, as often happens. In this case, the temperature indicators will remain at the same level.
The developer recommends his application for use in cases where the user does not have enough performance in 3D games, applications, anti-aliased images, or users want a fully included visual component of the operating system.
If you look at the statistics, the average increase in indicators is 25%. The disadvantage of this method is a decrease in the operating time from the built-in battery. The program is distributed free of charge, but updates will need to be installed every week.
If the user wants to refuse updates and continue using the software, a donation must be made. After that, the key will be sent to your email. We introduce it into the program and forget about the weekly updates.
How to enter BIOS and how to overclock ASUS netbooks
To test connected devices, reinstall Windows, you need to know how to enter “BIOS” on an “ASUS” netbook.
BIOS update on ASUS laptop
BIOS is preinstalled in every digital device by default, be it a desktop computer or laptop. Its versions may differ depending on the developer and model / manufacturer of the motherboard, therefore, for each oregano, it is necessary to download and install updates from only one developer and a certain version.
In this case, you need to update the laptop running on an ASUS motherboard.
Updating from the operating system
In this case, everything is quite SIMple and the BIOS update procedure can be done in a couple of clicks. Also, this method is much safer than updating directly through the BIOS interface. To upgrade, you need an Internet connection.
Follow this Step by Step Instruction:
- Go to the official website of the motherboard manufacturer. In this case, this is the official ASUS website.
- Now you need to go to the support section and enter in a special field your laptop model (indicated on the case), which always matches the motherboard model. Our article will help you find out this information.
After entering the model, a special window will open, where in the upper main menu you must select “Drivers and Utilities”.
After downloading the firmware, you need to open it using special software. In this case, we will consider updating from Windows using the BIOS Flash Utility program. This software runs only on operating systems of the Windows family. It is recommended to update with their help using the already downloaded BIOS firmware. The program has the ability to update via the Internet, but the installation quality in this case will leave much to be desired.
The step-by-step process for installing a new firmware using this program is as follows:
At the first start Expand the drop-down menu where you will need to select the BIOS update option. It is recommended to select “Update BIOS from file”.
Before installing a new BIOS version on a laptop, you need to find out as much information as possible about the motherboard on which it works. You will definitely need the following information:
- The name of your motherboard manufacturer. If you have a laptop from ASUS, then the manufacturer will be respectively ASUS;
- Model and serial number of the motherboard (if available). The fact is that some older models may NOT support newer BIOS versions, so it would be wise to find out if your oregano supports the update;
- Current BIOS version. Perhaps you already have the latest version installed, or perhaps your motherboard no longer supports a newer version.
If you decide to ignore these recommendations, then when updating, you risk disrupting the device’s performance or completely disable it.
This method is more complex and is suitable only for experienced PC users. It is also worth remembering that if you do something wrong and this leads to a breakdown of the laptop, then this will NOT be a warranty case, therefore it is recommended to think several times before taking action.
However, there are several advantages to updating the BIOS through its own interface:
- The ability to install an update regardless of what operating system the laptop is running on;
- On very old PCs and laptops, installation via the operating system is not possible, so you only have to upgrade the firmware via the BIOS interface;
- You can put additional add-ons to the BIOS, which will allow you to fully unleash the potential of Certain PC components. However, in this case, it is recommended to be more careful, as you risk disrupting the operation of the entire device;
- BIOS installation ensures more stable firmware in the future.
The step-by-step instructions for this method are as follows:
- First, download the required BIOS firmware from the official website. How to do this is described in the instructions for the first method. The downloaded firmware must be unzipped to a separate media (preferably a USB flash drive).
- Insert your USB stick and restart your laptop. To enter the BIOS, you need to press one of the keys from F2 to F12 (the Del key is also often used).
- After you need to go to the “Advanced” item, which is located in the top menu. Depending on the BIOS version and the developer, this item may have a slightly different name and be located in a different place.
- Now you need to find the item “Start Easy Flash”, which is to run a special utility to update the BIOS through a USB flash drive.
To update the BIOS on a laptop from ASUS, you don’t need to resort to any complex manipulations. Regardless, a certain degree of care must be taken when upgrading. If you are NOT confident in your computer knowledge, it is recommended to consult a specialist.