I suggest looking at disassembling a laptop and replacing the keyboard
Did you like the article? Share your opinion:
How to completely disable the built-in keyboard on a laptop (netbook)?
Hello! I recently repaired one laptop, reinstalled windows. If interested, the eMachines E630 laptop. As always, I was not told anything when they gave the laptop, and already during the OS installation process, I noticed that half of the buttons on the keyboard did not work on it.
But that’s nothing, I installed windows and it turned out that the “0” key was pressed all the time. Here are the things, you open Start in the search bar, Zeros are automatically entered, if you click on it several times, it seems to be okay :). Most likely, something was spilled on the keyboard.
As it turned out later, an external keyboard was connected to this laptop. Therefore, I decided to disable the built-in one. Everything worked out and today I will share this information with you.
But there are several nuances:
- This method is only suitable for windows 7 version maximum. For Home Basic, Home Premium and Starter, you need to install the gpedit.Msc Group Policy Editor. How to do this is well written on the page https://softlakecity.ru/os/windows/windows7/ustanovka-gpedit-msc-v-windows-7-nachalnaya-domashnyaya. I see no reason to write about it again.
- After disconnecting the keyboard, the touchpad stopped working. Why? I don’t know, to be honest. But in my case it’s not scary, no one used it anyway. Well, this does NOT mean that the touchpad will stop working for you.
To disable the keyboard on a Windows 7, 8 or 10 laptop regardless of its manufacturer (Asus, Lenovo, HP, Samsung, Acer, or Sony vaio), you can use the following method:
- We click “Start. Control Panel (in the upper menu” View “put a check mark” Show large icons “). Device Manager”.
- Looking for a keyboard. Right Click. Properties.
- Next, go to the “Information” section, open the list and select “Equipment ID”.
- Copy the value.
- Press the combination “windows R” and enter the phrase gpedit.Msc
- Next, go to: Computer Configuration / Administrative Templates / System / Device Installation / Device Installation Restrictions.
- In the business section, go to the settings of the item “Prohibit the installation of devices with the specified codes” by clicking 2 times with the left mouse.
- Set the “Enable” option and click on the “Show” button, in the window that appears, paste the keyboard code that we copied earlier and click “OK”.
- Also, in the main window, be sure to check the item “Also apply for the corresponding devices, which have already been installed”
- Then “Apply” and “OK”, the window will close and all settings will be applied only after restarting the laptop.
The method works only on windows OS (professional or maximum). In order for it to start working on other versions (Home, Basic or Initial), you must first install the Group Policy Editor.
Disable keyboard in windows
First you need to disable the keyboard in the system and make the laptop forget it. This method is only suitable for windows 7 version. For the second versions, you will need to install the gpedit.Msc group policy editor. Finding it on the Internet is easy enough, so they won’t stop there.
To lock the keyboard indefinitely:
- Go to “Control Panel”
- Find “Device Manager”
- Find “Keyboards” there
- Select “Standard Keyboard”
- Right click on “Properties”
- We open “Information”
- Find the “Equipment ID” and copy this value.
Next, in the “Start” menu, run the command term and enter the command “gpedit.Msc”, press enter.
In the opened window Following:
- Local Computer Policy
- Computer configuration
- Go to “Administrative Templates”
- We go to “System”
- Click on “Install devices”
- We select “Restrictions on device installation”
- In the item “Prohibit the installation of devices with the specified device codes” right-click and select “Change”.
- Switch to “Enable”.
- We press the button “Show” and in the pop-up window paste the previously copied “ID of the built-in keyboard”, then press OK.
- Set the checkbox to “Also apply to the corresponding devices that have already been installed.” and ok.
- In the device manager, delete the old and no longer needed keyboard.
Reboot and enjoy the work done. Already without a keyboard.
Then it naturally needs to be “removed”.
Disconnecting the keyboard physically
The built-in laptop keyboard is usually connected to the motherboard with ribbon cables. And if you decide to turn it off at this level, then get ready to disassemble the “laptop”. Each device has its own architecture and therefore the loop will be located in different places.
First you need to remove the back cover. Examine carefully and try to identify this train. If you cannot find it, then download the circuit on the Internet or on the manufacturer’s official website.
Work should be done carefully, as even a slight damage or scratch on the motherboard can damage the performance of the laptop as a whole.
Since in the future you will have to connect it back, the advice is to remember the location of the loop connector. For convenience, you can take a picture with your phone or digital camera. If the disconnection is successful, be sure to reassemble the laptop in reverse order. It is advisable to entrust such work to a specialist of the service center.
Disable the built-in keyboard
We go to the device manager (My computer, right-click on an empty area, properties and select Device Manager on the left).
We need to find the built-in keyboard. It usually appears under Keyboards and is named Standard PS / 2 Keyboard. Right-click on it and select properties.
Go to the Details tab and select Hardware ID from the drop-down menu. Highlighting the first value and copying it.
Excellent! You don’t need to close these windows yet, suddenly you will have to copy it again :).
Then go to Start, All Programs, Accessories, and run the Run utility. Enter the command gpedit.Msc and press Enter.
A window will open in which we go to the “Local computer” policy, Computer configuration, Administrative templates, System, Device installation, Device installation restrictions.
We are looking for the item Prohibit the installation of devices with the specified device codes, right-click on it and select Change.
Set the switch to On. Click the Show. button. Another window will appear, paste the ID of the built-in keyboard into it, which we copied at the beginning of the article and click Ok.
Check the box next to Also apply to appropriate devices that have already been installed. Click Apply and OK.
Almost all. Let’s still have a nice built-in keyboard. Go back to Device Manager, right-click on the built-in keyboard and select Uninstall. Reboot your computer.
After restarting the family, the keyboard in the laptop should stop working. It did not work for me and the Zeros were not automatically entered anywhere.
Oh yes, an unknown device will appear in the device manager, this is the keyboard. Do not pay attention to her.
Using third-party software
Probably the easiest way is to install applications to disable the keyboard. This application is “Toddler Keys”. This software works great on all versions of windows and is easy to use. A minimum knowledge of the English language is enough. The choice of key lock option depends on the degree of the famous person. Someone finds it easier to spin up a laptop and turn it off manually, while others find it easier to programmatically. In any case, there are many versions and if something does not work out, you still have a plan “B”.
How to disable keyboard on laptop?
In this article, we will help you disable the built-in keyboard on your laptop. Usually, such a need appears if a key is clamped or if you need to connect a separate keyboard or if your keyboard is faulty and needs to be replaced.
The sequence of actions is as follows:
- First, you need to find the ID of the device you want to disable. By the way, in most cases on a laptop, the “native” keyboard is connected to the mini PS / 2 connector. To do this, go through the “Start” to the task manager and find the desired device in the list, right-click on it. In the context menu that appears, select “Properties”. The device window opens, here in the “Information” tab we find the required one on the “Equipment ID” and copy it.
- Now calling gpedit.Msc in windows, writing it in the “run” line, which is located at the bottom of the “Start” menu. In the window that appears, go to the “Local Computer Policy” section, then to “Administrative Templates”, select “System” in them, then “Install Devices” where we go to “Restrictions on Device Installation”. Here we find the option, which indicates the prohibition on the code of a specific device and by right-clicking on it, select the item “change”. We put a check mark on “Enable” and click “Show.”. In the window that appears, insert the keyboard ID, and then click Ok. Now put a checkmark “Also apply for the corresponding devices that have already been installed”.
- The last step to disable the keyboard is to remove the device in the windows task manager, after which you can reboot the laptop.
How to stress a letter on a keyboard
When typing, sometimes it becomes necessary to put an emphasis on a letter. Unfortunately, this is not so easy to do, since the keyboard has a special button for inserting this symbol. Nevertheless, the task is quite solvable. In this article, we will look at two ways how you can put an emphasis on a letter using the keyboard, as well as one way using only the mouse.
We put stress using Alt-X on the keyboard
In order to emphasize the letter on the keyboard, you can use the numeric code “301” and the AltX key combination.
This is done as follows:
- Place the cursor after the letter to be stressed;
- Immediately after the selected letter, I dial the numeric code “301” (together, without spaces)
- Press the AltX key combination;
As a result, the numeric code will disappear, and an accent mark will appear above the last letter. The picture below shows the procedure for this method.
The numerical code “301” allows you to put stress with a tilt to the right. If you need the accent to be tilted to the other side, then use the numeric code “300”. In this case, the rest of the actions remain the same. Enter a letter, type “300” and press AltX on the keyboard.
We put stress using Alt on the keyboard
You can also stress the letter using the Alt key and the numeric code “769” on the additional numeric keypad.
This method works a little differently:
- Place the cursor after the letter to be stressed;
- Hold down the Alt key on the keyboard;
- Do not release the Alt key, we type the numeric code 769 (in the numeric block, on the right side of the keyboard)
- I release the Alt key;
As a result, an accent will appear over the letter after which the cursor stood.
We put stress using the “Symbol” function
If you are typing in Microsoft’s text editor, you can use a function called “Symbol” to insert the stress. This method is not as fast as the previous two, but it does not require any numeric codes. over, even the keyboard will NOT have to be used, since everything is done with the mouse.
In order to put stress you need to go to the “Insert” tab, click on the “Symbol” button and go to the “Other Symbols” section.
After that, you will see a window with a list of available symbols. In order to put stress here, you need to select the set of characters “United diacr. Signs ”and highlight one of the stress symbols, tilted to the right or to the left. After selecting the desired stress, you need to click on the “Insert” button. As a result, an accent will appear behind the letter after which the cursor was placed.
In the future, to insert the stress, you can use the list of the last used characters, which appears after clicking on the “Symbol”.
In a SIMilar way, using the “Symbol” window, you can insert any character that is not on the keyboard, for example, an apostrophe.
Ways to control the cooler on a laptop
In laptop computers, the BIOS is responsible for the normal functioning of the cooling system. In this case, the factory settings provide for the operation of the fan only at 50% of its maximum power. This is done so that during operation the cooler does not buzz too much and does NOT consume a lot of electricity.
Almost all motherboards provide the ability to programmatically control the health of the cooling system. You can forcibly turn on the fan on a laptop in several ways:
- Via BIOS.
- Using special software.
Changing the cooler settings can lead to an unpleasant noise during its operation, as well as to accelerated battery discharge. Therefore, before proceeding with radical measures, you should disassemble the laptop, and then clean the fan and oregano from dust, because it reduces heat transfer and, accordingly, leads to an increase in the temperature of the PC.
Forced fan start via BIOS
To make your laptop cooler work more efficiently, you can change its RPM and set the CPU temperature that it needs to maintain. To do this, follow these steps:
- Enter BIOS. When loading the laptop, press the Del, F8 or F12 key. It all depends on the oregano model. If your PC uses the OS quick start function, then to start the BIOS, you first need to go to the “Power supply” section and in the “Power button actions” tab uncheck the box next to the “Enable quick start” timeline.
- Open the “Power” menu and go to the Hardware Monitor tab.
- Prescribe at what power the cooler should work (set as a percentage of the maximum value), or activate the intelligent mode of the cooling system.
- Exit BIOS after saving the changes.
The software shell of the Hardware Monitor tab in different BIOS builds may differ. However, if you know which parameters need to be changed, you can easily switch the fan to the Required operating mode:
- The line CPU FAN speed specifies at what speed the cooler will rotate;
- CPU Temperature corresponds to the CPU temperature that the fan will support;
- CPU Q-Fan Control starts the intelligent mode of the laptop cooling unit (opposite this timeline, you need to set Enable).
In smart mode, the cooler can operate with the following parameters:
- Silent. the emphasis is on quiet operation of the system and saving battery power;
- Standard. the fan will operate at half its capacity;
- Performance and Turbo. the maximum overclocking of the fan is performed (in this case, the autonomy of the laptop will slightly decrease, since the cooler will consume a lot of energy).
Forcing a fan on a laptop
With active use of laptops, especially in the hot season, users often encounter strong heating. Systematic overheating leads not only to a slowdown of the OS and periodically self-shutdown of the PC, but also to premature failure of the processor, oregano or other structural elements. To reduce the temperature of the laptop, you can forcibly turn on the fan included in the laptop cooling system by programmatically changing some of its settings.
Forced fan activation using SpeedFan software
Another way to improve the cooler’s performance is to use special software, which includes the free utility SpeedFan. To overclock the fan using this application, you must:
- Download and install SpeedFan on your laptop. Installation file It takes about 3 MB, so low-speed Internet is also suitable for downloading.
- Run the program through the shortcut on the desktop, and then in the “Settings” tab change the interface language to Russian.
- Go to the “Indicators” menu and set the fan power as a percentage. Here you can also view data in the temperature of the hard drive, oregano and all processor cores.
- In the “Temperature” window located in the “Configuration” section, register the temperature for the HDD, the central unit and the motherboard, which will be supported by the cooler. In the “Alarm” line, you can set the temperature value, when exceeded, the program will notify the user about the system overheating. This will allow you to quickly respond to critical situations.
There are other programs that can force a laptop fan to run. So, using the AMD OverDrive utility, you can make changes to the operation of a PC cooler, assembled on the basis of a processor from AMD. Riva Tunes application developed for Intel processors.