Problems connecting to mobile internet on iPhone
Reasons for poor Internet performance on iPhone
iPhone. universal Wi-Fi router
iPhone is versatile, it can do almost everything. This is a mini computer that can handle any task. Many people use it as a replacement for a camera, someone plays games on it, some use it as a player. But sometimes the iPhone cannot cope with the task in the way the user would like. For example, watch a movie, do a job in Word or Excel.
It is better to read voluminous articles or books on a tablet or laptop. But what if you do not have a USB modem or you have forgotten it, the tablet version does not have a SIM card slot, and the Internet is needed urgently. You can’t even imagine that the iPhone will save you in this situation. After all, with the help of an apple device, you can distribute the Internet via Wi-Fi to other devices. This article will show you how to turn your iPhone into a Wi-Fi router.
The first thing to do is make sure you have the optimal data plan. Ideally, the internet should be unlimited so you don’t have to worry about traffic. Second, consider your internet speed. It’s best if you are in an LTE coverage area, at worst 3g. Since LTE is fast, you will not experience any discomfort with the speed. 3g, in theory, will provide a pretty good speed, but watching videos in HD or accessing heavy sites will no longer be so comfortable.
Having chosen the operator and tariff plan you need, you can start the procedure for setting up and distributing Wi-Fi via iPhone. For iOS 7/8, follow these steps:
- Go to the “Settings” menu.
- Go to the item “Cellular” (If you have never used an iPhone to distribute Wi-Fi before, you will not have a menu item. “Modem mode” or it will be gray and inactive)
- Move the Cellular Data slider to the right.
- We are waiting for 2-4 minutes.
- After the item “Modem mode” appears (or becomes active) in the main menu, we go into it.
- In the “Wi-Fi password” section, create a strong password.
- Switch the “Modem Mode” slider to the right.
All is ready. To connect any device via Wi-Fi, you only need to select your apple device in the search for connections. Now you can distribute the Internet to any device. The disadvantage of this method is that in this mode, the iPhone consumes more power, so it sits down faster than usual. But you can connect it to the charger and the problem will be solved.
When you have finished using the Internet, to turn off this function, you need to:
- Go to “Settings”.
- Next, the item “Cellular”.
- Slider “Cellular data” move to the left.
The function is disabled and the iPhone can be used normally without fear that it will consume too much battery power. And some tips:
- Before sharing Wi-Fi using iPhone, charge it to 100% or charge it during use.
- Check with your carrier about your tariff plan. It is best to choose an unlimited plan, so as not to be surprised by large bills at the end of the month.
- Use LTE mode for more comfortable Internet surfing or watching videos.
- Use a strong password so no one else can use your Wi-Fi.
- Turn off Modem Mode immediately upon completion of work.
By following all the instructions, you will save battery power and protect yourself from unnecessary waste. Now, thanks to the iPhone, you can stay up to date with all the latest events in the world and always be in touch with your family, do important and urgent work anywhere.
In iOS 8 (possibly in the 9th a similar situation), the slider for enabling modem mode is hidden by default. To display it, you just need to go to “Settings”. “Cellular”. “Cellular data network” and scrolling through the menu to the item “Modem mode” write: APN. internet, Login. gdata, Password. gdata.
Do not forget to read the comments, there is also a lot of useful information. If there is no answer to your question, and there is an answer to later comments, then the answer to your question is contained in the article, respect someone else’s time.
strange. but I don’t have any “Wi-Fi distribution on the iPhone”.
Maybe this option depends on the version of iOs. From the 7th it works for sure, I checked it personally.
Setting up Internet on iPhone
The setting is different depending on the smartphone model. The changes to the instructions are minor, though, but it’s worth considering separate step-by-step lists for the popular iPhone 4, iPhone 5 and 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 7 and newer models. Below these instructions will be presented.
How to enable mobile Internet and data transfer on iPhone
With Apple gadgets, usually there are no problems with this setup. You can turn on the transfer of mobile data over the Web in the quick access curtain, which is called by swiping across the screen from its uppermost part (where the notification line is located) to the lower one. Among other items, there will be a mobile data transfer icon. If it is inactive, then you should click on it, and it will be painted in a bright color. This will mean that the mobile Internet on the iPhone is turned on.
Exactly the same actions can be performed in the device settings. For this:
- Go to the menu and find the item “Settings”.
- Select the section “Cellular”.
- Switch the “Cellular Data” slider to the “On” position (it should turn green).
Set up on other iPhone models
On new versions of famous phones, you can change the APN parameters, if it is not prohibited by the mobile data operator, according to the following instructions:
- Go to the settings app from the main menu.
- Select the item “Cellular” or “Cellular data”.
- Go to the sub-item “Data parameters”.
- Click on “Cellular network” or “Cellular data network”.
- Enter specific values in each of the fields provided by the service provider.
- Save them and restart the device.
Important! Not all available fields need to be filled in. If the operator requires filling in only three (which is most likely) values, then only them are entered, without changing the contents of other text fields.
The correct settings will help you turn on the Internet
How to set up Internet on iPhone 7
The seventh iPhones are equipped with version 10 of the iOS operating system, for which the following step-by-step instructions are provided:
- Open the main menu of the smartphone and go to the “Settings” application.
- Find the section “Cellular” and go to it.
- Then go to the subsection “Data parameters” and the sub-item “Cellular data network”.
- Create a new access point with the same parameters: APN, username and password from services.
- Save and reboot the device.
How to set up Internet on iPhone 5 and 5s
The step-by-step instructions for setting up the Network in the fifth model looks like this:
- Go to the menu and select “Settings”.
- Enter the “Cellular” section and the “Cellular data” subsection.
- Select the item “Configure APN” and specify the values of APN, username and password.
- Save hotspot and reboot phone.
The quick access curtain is a useful thing, as it allows you to turn on the Internet
How to set up Internet on iPhone 6
On the sixth model, the setting is as follows:
- Open the phone menu and find the settings icon.
- Select the “Cellular” section and the “Cellular data transmission network” subsection.
- Specify for the new access point exactly the same parameters as in the previous case.
- Save and restart the device.
How to set up Internet on iPhone 4
To set up mobile Internet on iPhone 4, you need:
- Go to the “Settings” menu.
- Select the “Basic” section and the “Network” subsection.
- It will contain the parameter “Cellular data network”.
- You need to create a new connection and provide APN details, username and password. It depends on the selected mobile data carrier.
Note! After setting all the parameters, you must carefully check them, save and restart the iPhone. If the Internet does not appear, then it is recommended to contact the operator for help.
How to enable Internet Sharing on iPhone
Now the Internet has become a part of our life, and no one can imagine their existence without it. Many people get access with a phone via a SIM card. Sometimes the internet needs to be shared. This feature appeared in iPhones quite a long time ago, and many people use it almost every day. Therefore, we will consider how to enable Internet distribution on the iPhone.
USB modem mode
The first method is suitable only for a laptop or computer, as it requires a USB connection. To share Wi-Fi, you need to connect your PC and phone with a cord, and then set up an access point.
- This is done in the “Settings”.
- Open the corresponding application, click on the “Cellular” tab.
- Next, go to “Data Parameters” and “Cellular Data Network”.
- Scroll down the page and look at “Modem Mode Settings”.
- We check that there is at least some APN. Usually it is issued automatically (depending on the operator). Username and password do not play any role, you can leave these fields blank.
- After these actions, turn on “Cellular Data” and see that the item “Modem Mode” has become active.
- We go into it and set up a password for our access point.
When connecting via a wire, it is not needed, but it is better to put it anyway, you never know when the cord will not be at hand, and you will have to connect “over the air”. At the same point, you can find out the name of the point. After that, it remains only to connect the devices via USB and use the Internet.
Enabling Modem Mode
In order to turn on the distribution of the Internet on the iPhone 6 and other models, the first step is to activate the modem mode. To do this, follow the instructions.
- Go to “Settings”.
- Open the “Modem Mode” section.
- Activate the toggle switch “Modem mode”.
Next, let’s look at how to enable Wi-Fi sharing on iPhone in different ways.
The second way is the distribution of the Internet via Wi-Fi. It does not require a wire and can be used both for distributing the Internet to other gadgets and on a PC.
For distribution, you will need to configure the access point in the same way as indicated in the previous instructions. Next, activate modem mode.
On the device that needs to be connected to the Internet, turn on Wi-Fi, find the network with the name you set, enter the password (if it was set) and use the Internet.
What you need to know?
Before you can turn on the Internet distribution on the iPhone, Honor needs a few nuances.
- Which tariff plan is connected. Internet traffic is often limited and you run the risk of wasting it.
- Which coverage area is being used. The speed of the Internet will depend on this. If 4G (LTE) is working, then there will be no interruptions. There may be more problems with 3G, you can not count on the Internet when connecting Edge.
- Battery charge. When distributing Wi-Fi, the battery is quickly discharged, therefore, without connecting to the network, it is better not to use the phone as a modem for a long time.
How to enable Internet Sharing on iPhone?
There are several ways to share Wi-Fi with other devices using iPhone.
The “Modem mode” icon is gone
Often, users complain that an icon has disappeared from the menu or a line in the settings, where you can activate the function. This often happens when updating iOS. How to fix this problem?
- Go to the “Settings” phone.
- Go to the “Cellular” tab, then click “Cellular data networks”.
- Now open the item “Modem Mode”.
- Here you need to specify the APN, username and password that are relevant for your operator. You can find them out by contacting support, or look at the official website.
- After you have specified the data, the function line should appear in the “Settings”.
- If this does not happen, you need to restart your phone.
In the future, if the function disappears, then this can be corrected by repeating the algorithm of actions.
After fixing the error, you can consider how to enable Internet sharing on iPhone 4S. The instruction is suitable for all versions of iOS, the only difference is the location of the function in the control panel. Note, depending on the selected distribution method, you may need to activate Wi-Fi. Discover, how to turn on Wi–Fi on iPhone you can in a separate article.
At what rate can I distribute the Internet?
Connect Tarifische and you will receive an unlimited amount of Internet traffic that you can distribute, and also. packages of minutes for calls to any numbers in Russia, and a cashback of 275 rubles! All other benefits and advantages of the tariff remain the same. about the tariff, about the action “Tariff has become even better!”.
How to set up tethering on iPhone 5s?
- Open Phone Settings
- Next, the item “Cellular”
- Then select “Cellular data network”
- Scroll down and in the “Modem mode” item write APN: internet, Username: gdata, Password: gdata.
How to enable tethering on iPhone Carrier?
Where did the iOS modem mode disappear and what to do with “contact Carrier”?
- Open “Settings”, go to “Cellular”.
- Click “Data Options”, then “Cellular Data Network”.
- Scroll down and see “Modem Mode”. Fill in the lines APN, username and password.
What does Carrier mean??
carrier. “Carrier means the undertaking performing the carriage with or without a contract for carriage”.
How to distribute on iPhone?
- Open the “Settings” menu.
- Select in the menu: iPhone (iOS 6): “General” → “Network” → “Cellular data network”;
- Scroll down the page and select the Personal Hotspot section. Recommendation
- In the “Modem Mode” section, enter the following settings: APN.
- Reboot your phone.
How to share Internet from iPhone to computer?
In order to access the Internet from a PC using an iPhone as a modem using a USB cable, you need to:
- Connect iPhone to Computer
- Go to Control Panel. Network and Internet. View network status and tasks and make sure the connection is activated
How to find out how many devices are connected to WI-FI via phone?
To do this, go to the Wireless tab. Wireless Statistics. On this page, in the table, you can see how many devices are connected to the router wirelessly.
How to enable tethering and share Internet (Wi-Fi) from iPhone or iPad
Everyone knows that the iPhone is a multifunctional device. However, not everyone is aware that the gadget can act as a full-fledged portable access point. a router. for other mobile and desktop equipment. “Sharing” the Internet from an “apple” communicator or tablet is actually very simple.
How to enable tethering and share Internet (Wi-Fi) from iPhone or iPad
Starting with iOS 13, the interface of the Tethering section in the Settings app on iPhone and iPad has been changed.
The Modem Mode enable button has disappeared, replaced by the Allow others toggle button.
When the Allow to other iPhone option is enabled, it will be able to share the Internet not only with devices that use the same Apple ID in iCloud (without entering a password), but also with any other device (with entering a password).
When the Allow to other iPhone option is disabled, only devices that use the same Apple ID in iCloud will be able to share the Internet without the need to enter a password.
On an iPhone with iOS 12 and an older version of the OS, the tethering mode is turned on by the corresponding switch along the path: Settings → Tethering mode;
When the Allow others option is enabled, it is strongly recommended to password protect access to the network.
For further work, it is advisable to choose either an unlimited tariff plan. Otherwise, you can lose a significant amount from your account in just a dozen minutes of using the Internet.
What to do if the Modem mode item is not in the Settings
It happens, however, that Modem Mode is missing from the settings. Then you need to take the following steps:
To begin with, you need to make sure that the data transmission network. mobile Internet (instructions) is working on the device. If it works, but the mode still does not appear, then go to the next step;
Go to Settings and follow the path Cellular → Cellular data network → Cellular data (for previous versions of iOS, the path is slightly different: Cellular → Data settings → Cellular data network → Cellular data);
Here you need to fill in the fields in the Cellular Data and Modem Mode sections. There you will need to enter the APN, Username and Password of your mobile operator. The operator usually sends this data automatically when installing the SIM card. You can also clarify them by calling the operator, naming your tariff plan.
For example, for the Belarusian MTS, the data is as follows:
APN data, username and password of some Russian, Belarusian and Ukrainian operators can be found on this page.
If the mode does not appear after entering the data, then the device must be rebooted. After rebooting, turn on the Modem Mode, select the Turn on Wi-Fi item and set the password. A successful connection will be indicated by a blue bar at the top of the screen.
How to provide a PC with Internet via a USB cable?
You can distribute the Internet from iPhone to computer via USB as follows:
Toggle the Hotspot slider in iPhone Settings to the active position. You will see a window like this:
Connect the gadget to the PC with a USB cable. A blue bar will appear at the top of the iPhone screen. a sure sign that the 2 devices are paired.
On a PC, go to the “Network and Sharing Center”, then go to the section “Change adapter settings”.
You will see that in the list of network connections there is a new local area connection named as a mobile device.
Try going online. You will find that when connected via USB, data downloads are even faster than via Wi-Fi.
Connecting a PC to a gadget via USB has another advantage: iPhone battery power is consumed to a much lesser extent.
How to use Bluetooth to connect your computer to the Internet?
You can also connect an iPhone to a laptop to distribute the Internet via Bluetooth. This is done as follows:
Go to the “Bluetooth” section in the “Settings” iPhone.
Switch the toggle switch “Bluetooth” to the active position.
iPhone starts searching for devices to pair with.
Activate Bluetooth on your PC. If the laptop is equipped with the appropriate module, the wireless adapter icon will be in the system tray (at the bottom right of the screen).
Click on the Bluetooth icon with the right mouse button and select “Open Options”.
In the “Bluetooth Settings” section, check the box next to “Allow Bluetooth devices to find this computer”.
Once again click on the Bluetooth icon in the system tray and in the menu that appears, select the option “Add device”.
This will start the search procedure on the computer.
After the PC finds the iPhone and the pairing is established, you can access the Internet through the browser on your computer.
How to connect a computer to the Internet via iPhone: a common method
Most often, users connect their PCs to iPhones via Wi-Fi. We will not describe this method in detail. there is an article on our site dedicated to him alone. Let’s tell only in a nutshell: the iPhone owner needs to find the “Modem Mode” section in the “Settings” section and activate the toggle switch of the same name.
Then the user should switch to the PC and click on the network icon, which is located in the taskbar.
Next, you need to find your device in the list of wireless network connections and connect to it.
How to connect a computer to the Internet via iPhone?
Everyone knows that you can organize the distribution of Wi-Fi from the iPhone. But this way of “sharing” the Internet is not the only one; there are even more effective ones. In the article, we will describe in detail each of the possible methods.
IPhones of the latest modifications can fully replace laptops and stationary PCs. However, some operations are simply inconvenient to perform on mobile gadgets. For example, when reading blog articles from a large laptop screen, the user strains his eyes to a much lesser extent than when trying to make out letters on a small gadget display.
Fortunately, Apple developers have endowed iPhones with the ability to distribute mobile internet. After organizing the distribution, the user can connect the PC to the Internet and continue to carry out their tasks on a device with a more comfortable keyboard and a larger screen. There are several ways to connect a computer to the Internet via an iPhone: the user can choose which one is most convenient for him.
Despite the fact that iPhone users are more accustomed to distributing the Internet to their computer via Wi-Fi, a wired connection looks even preferable. It uses up battery power more slowly and provides faster connection speeds.
The method of connecting via Bluetooth among users is unpopular for a number of reasons: firstly, not all PCs have a Bluetooth module, and secondly, in order for pairing to become possible, the user will have to find and install the necessary drivers. Few people want to spend time on this, especially if Honor has no advantages of a Bluetooth connection over, say, a Wi-Fi connection.
How to distribute the Internet via a USB cable
You can also share the Internet from iPhone to computer via USB cable. This option will be useful if the computer is not equipped with a Wi-Fi adapter.
In order to successfully distribute the Internet via a USB cable, the latest version of iTunes must be installed on the computer. Therefore, before starting the setup, go to the official iTunes website, download the installer and install it on your computer.
After that, open the iPhone settings, go to the “Modem Mode” section and activate this mode.
If a message appears on the screen prompting you to turn on Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, then reject it by clicking on the “USB only” button.
After that, connect your iPhone to your computer. A blue bar should appear at the top of the screen with a message about the number of connections.
If a window appears with the request “Trust this computer”, then click on the button “Trust”.
After that, a new connection should appear in the computer’s network connections, which will serve the distribution of the Internet from the iPhone to the computer. In the Windows operating system, you can check the list of network connections by pressing the Windows-R key combination and running the command “ncpa.cpl”.
If the connection is present and working, then you can check the work of the Internet.
How to distribute the Internet via Wi-Fi
The easiest and most correct way to distribute Internet from iPhone to computer is to create a Wi-Fi access point, that is, distribution of the Internet over a wireless Wi-Fi network. The rest of the methods should be used only when the distribution of the Internet via Wi-Fi is not available, for example, if the computer is not equipped with a Wi-Fi adapter.
In order to distribute the Internet from iPhone to computer via Wi-Fi, you need to follow just a few simple steps. First, you need to make sure that the device is connected to the mobile Internet. To do this, open the settings and go to the “Cellular” section.
After that, check the options “Cellular data” and “Enable 3G”, both of these functions must be enabled to distribute the Internet. And if you are abroad and use roaming, then you also need to enable the option “Data roaming”.
Then you need to return to the main settings screen and go to the “Modem mode” section.
In some cases, the “Hotspot” section may not be present in the iPhone settings. This means that the device does not have the necessary settings for distributing the Internet. To fix this, go to the “Cellular. Data Settings. Cellular Data Network” section. Here you will find the “Modem Mode” settings, which include three APN parameters, username and password. Fill in these data (you can ask your cellular operator) and restart your smartphone. After rebooting, the “Modem Mode” section should appear.
In the “Modem mode” section, you must set a password that will be used to connect to the created Wi-Fi access point. Password must be at least 8 characters long.
Also here you need to enable directly the “Modem Mode” itself. To do this, move the corresponding switch to the “Enabled” position.
This completes the iPhone setup, and it is ready to distribute the Internet to computers via a Wi-Fi network. All that remains is to connect your computer to the iPhone’s Wi-Fi network. This is done in the same way as when connecting to other Wi-Fi networks. For example, in the case of Windows 10, you need to click on the network connection icon in the lower right corner of the screen and turn on “Wi-Fi” by clicking on the corresponding button.
Next, you need to select the wireless network that was created by the iPhone and click on the “Connect” button. If necessary, you can activate the “Connect automatically” function, in which case the computer will automatically connect to this network when it is detected.
The last step is to enter the password. Here you need to enter the password that you specified in the iPhone settings in the “Modem Mode” section, and click on the “Next” button.
If everything was done correctly, then you will connect to the iPhone via Wi-Fi and the computer will have access to the Internet. In this case, next to the connection, the inscription “Connected, protected” should appear, and the icon of network connections on the taskbar should change.
If your computer is not running Windows 10, but some other operating system, then the process of connecting to a Wi-Fi network may be slightly different. But, in general, the principle is the same everywhere, choose a network, enter the password and the computer connects.
How to share Internet from iPhone to computer
The iPhone, like any other smartphone, can replace many other devices. For example, it can be successfully used as a replacement for a compact camera, GPS navigator, music player, PDA or modem. In this tutorial, we’ll cover the latter. Here you will learn how to distribute the Internet from iPhone to computer via Wi-Fi and Bluetooth wireless networks, as well as via USB cable.
How to share the Internet via Bluetooth
If the previous two methods do not suit you, then there is another option. You can share internet from iPhone to computer via Bluetooth. In this case, in order to successfully set up a connection, you need to turn on the tethering mode on the iPhone, turn on Bluetooth on the iPhone and on the computer, create a pair between these devices and select the Bluetooth device as an Internet access point.
As in the previous cases, you need to start by enabling tethering in the iPhone settings. If a message appears prompting you to enable Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, then select the “Enable” option.
Next, we move on to setting up the computer. If you have Windows 10, then you need to open the “Options” menu (keyboard shortcut Windows-i) and go to the “Devices. Bluetooth” section. Here you need to turn on Bluetooth and start pairing with your iPhone (“Pair” button).
After that, you need to confirm the pairing on the iPhone and on the computer.
As a result, a Bluetooth connection should be established between the computer and your smartphone. Now you need to go to the list of all Bluetooth devices. To do this, right-click on the Bluetooth icon on the taskbar and select the option “Show Bluetooth devices”
Then just select the iPhone, click on the “Connect via” button and select “Access Point”.
As a result, your iPhone should start distributing the Internet to your computer via a Bluetooth connection.
How to distribute mobile Internet from a phone
The situation when you need to distribute Wi-Fi from your phone happens quite often. Fortunately, modern smartphones have a special hardware module that allows you to share the Internet. Nevertheless, many users do not know how to distribute the Internet from a phone. If you belong to this category of people, then you have come to the right place. Indeed, in this article we will talk about how you can distribute the Internet from an iPhone or Android.
Access point settings
A mobile hotspot, like any router, can be configured (i.e. change the name of the access point, set a password, etc.). This is done as follows:
- Go to the “Mobile hotspot” menu (how to get to it was mentioned above).
- Tap on the “Advanced” button, which is located in the right corner of the screen. It looks like an ellipsis.
- In the drop-down list, tap on the item “Setting up a mobile hotspot”. A new window will open. In it you can see the current password, set a new access key, change the name of the hotspot.
Perhaps the simplest way to distribute Wi-Fi from your phone is to use the so-called modem mode. It can be used to share the Internet with other users.
Let’s consider the process of its activation using the example of a smartphone from Samsung. So, to enable modem mode, you need to:
- Go to the “Settings” menu. There you need to find the “Connections” item and tap on it.
- Then you need to go to the section called “Access Point and Modem”.
- There is the item “Mobile access point”, but opposite you can see the switch. Click on it to activate tethering.
After carrying out the above manipulations, the mobile access point is activated, and your phone can act as a router. You will be able to distribute the Internet from your phone to a laptop and other devices that have a hardware Wi-Fi module.
Attention! Before turning on the distribution of the Internet, make sure that your tariff plan provides you with mobile traffic.
How to distribute the Internet
Not so long ago, it was impossible to distribute WI-FI from a mobile device. Fortunately, relatively recently, WI-FI Direct technology was introduced into modern devices. What is Wi-Fi Direct and what is it for? In fact, this is a special technology that allows you to distribute the Internet directly from Android, iPad, iPhone and other mobile devices. At the same time, there is no need for an intermediary device in the form of a router. This feature is implemented using a special hardware module that is built into the mobile gadget.
The ability to distribute the Internet from iPad and other mobile devices has appeared relatively recently. Let’s consider several ways how you can distribute the Internet from a mobile device to a tablet, phone, laptop, computer, etc.
Wi-Fi over bluetooth
Computers do not have a built-in WI-FI module. After all, they usually connect directly to the router via an Ethernet cable. Accordingly, it will not be possible to distribute the Internet from the phone to the computer via a mobile hotspot. What to do? There is a way out. you need to distribute WI-FI via Bluetooth. To do this, on the phone, in the “Access point and modem” section, you need to move the switch next to the Bluetooth modem item to the active position.
After starting the Bluetooth modem mode, you need to turn on the computer and follow the instructions below:
- Before sharing WI-FI from an iPhone or Android phone, you need to connect your PC to your mobile device. To do this, go to the control panel of your computer (you can do this through the “Search”).
- In Control Panel, click on the tab called “Devices”. There you need to select the sub-item “Bluetooth”.
- The system will detect devices that are close to your PC. Select your device from the list, then click on the “Connect” button.
- The smartphone will ask you to connect. To confirm it, you need to tap on the “Create a pair” button. On the PC, you also need to confirm the connection in the window that appears.
- The connection between the devices is established. To use the mobile Internet, you need to right-click on the Bluetooth icon, which is located on the taskbar of your computer.
- Select Show Bluetooth Devices from the drop-down list. A new window will open with a list of paired devices. Highlight your smartphone, then click on “Connect via” in the top panel. In the drop-down list, select the “Access Point” option.
After carrying out the above manipulations, the Internet on the computer should appear. If the sites still do not load, then in this case, try replacing the DNS addresses. This is done as follows:
- Go to the “Network Connections” section located on the control panel.
- Then RMB click on the “Bluetooth Network Connection” adapter. In the drop-down list, click on the inscription “Properties”.
- Find the item “IP version 4 (TCP / IPv4)” and then click the “Properties” button. A new window will open, in which it is necessary to check the item “Use the following DNS server addresses”. Now manually register static DNS addresses.
Wi-Fi over USB
However, not all computers have a module for connecting via Bluetooth. In this case, the only way to connect to the mobile internet is to use USB. Before sharing Wi-Fi on your iPhone or Android, connect your smartphone to your computer via a cable. Then you need to go to the “Access Point and Modem” section and there activate the switch that is opposite the USB-modem item.
A new network connection will appear on the computer. It is through him that you can access the World Wide Web.
Important! If you are the owner of a device from Apple, then for a correct connection via USB, you need iTunes to be installed on your computer.
How to turn on Wi-Fi sharing on an iPhone
The most popular way to transfer traffic is to create a Wi-Fi hotspot. It allows you to connect several different devices to the network. a phone, tablet, laptop, TV, etc. Their number will depend on the cellular operator and smartphone model.
To set up the distribution, you must do the following:
- Open “Settings”.
- Go directly to the “Modem mode” section or go to the “Cellular” item, and then to the “Modem mode”.
- Click on the line “Wi-Fi Password”. A complex password generated by the system will already be indicated here, but instead of it you can enter your own combination of at least 8 characters. It is allowed to use letters of the Latin alphabet, numbers from 0 to 9 and some punctuation marks. After that, you need to click on the “Finish” button in the upper right corner of the screen.
- If family sharing is organized on the iPhone, you can click on the appropriate line and allow devices in this group to connect to the smartphone automatically.
- In the line “Allow others” to activate the distribution by moving the slider to the active position.
- Go to the settings of the receiving device, start a search for available networks and wait for the iPhone to appear in the list. Click on it and enter the set password. By default, Apple smartphones are named “iPhone”, but you can also change it if you want. To do this, in the settings you need to find the item “Basic”, go to the section “About this device”, click on the line “Name” and enter any other name.
Note! If the devices are successfully paired, the status bar on the iPhone will turn blue and inform about the number of connected devices.
How to share from iPhone Wi-Fi via USB cable
This method is great for laptops and personal computers that do not have the ability to connect to the network via Wi-Fi.
- Install iTunes service on the receiving device. It is not necessary to run it.
- Open phone settings.
- Go to the “Cellular” section.
- Select the item “Cellular data network”. Here it is important to make sure that the APN is registered in the settings. All other data is not important.
- Return to the “Cellular” section and switch to “Modem mode”. Activate it.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer using a USB cable.
- Wait until the system window appears with the question: “Trust this computer?” Click on the “Trust” button and enter the password. After that, the computer’s connection to the Internet will be activated.
Note! To finish the distribution, you will need to turn off the modem mode, and then disconnect the cable.
How to share Wi-Fi via Bluetooth on iPhone
This method can be used to transfer Internet traffic to computers and laptops with operating systems iOS and Windows, smartphones, tablets and other devices that have a built-in Bluetooth module.
- Enter “Settings”.
- Open the “Bluetooth” section and move the slider to the active position.
- Go to the Bluetooth settings on the receiving device, find and select iPhone in the list of available connections.
- Confirm pairing on iPhone and, if necessary, enter a passcode.
- On devices with OC iOS, the connection will be established immediately. When using a Windows-based device, for example, a Samsung laptop, you need to go to the “Control Panel”, then to “Devices and Printers”, find the connected iPhone and right-click on it, click on “Connect via”. “Access Point”.
Note! If the devices are paired, but the receiving device has no Internet access, you need to open the network settings on it, select a working connection and open its properties. In the item “Configuring IPv4”, select manual input and enter the following DNS data: 22.214.171.124.
To stop distributing the Internet, you need to deactivate the tethering mode and turn off Bluetooth.
Modem mode setting
Modern smartphones are equipped with high-performance modules that do their job perfectly and are a full-fledged way of transferring data. Dispensing can be done in several ways and is very easy to set up. You can share the Internet from any iPhone model that has a SIM card, provided that the device has:
- the corresponding function;
- up-to-date software version;
- Internet from 3G and above.
Sharing Wi-Fi from iPhone is possible in different ways
Note! Since this process rapidly discharges the battery, before distributing Wi-Fi from the iPhone, you should fully charge the device.
Setting in the absence of the item “Modem mode
Sometimes there is a problem when there is no “Modem Mode” section in the iPhone settings. This can lead to:
How to enable WiFi Personal Hotspot or USB Tethering on an iPhone-easily sharing Internet
- damage to the communication module;
- software failure;
- lack of APN parameters;
- operating system update.
One of the options to return the modem to operating mode is this algorithm:
- Open “Settings” and section “Cellular”.
- Go to “Cellular data network”.
- In the “Cellular data” block, enter the APN settings in accordance with the cellular provider. They can be requested by phone or on the website.
- Save information and reboot device.
How to share Wi-Fi from iPhone to your laptop
Often there are situations when you need to urgently use a device that does not have an Internet connection, or do something on a tablet or computer that is inconvenient to do on a small smartphone screen. In this case, the modem mode built into the iPhone will come to the rescue. Its launch allows you to turn your phone into an access point and provide other devices with fast and high-quality Internet.
Restrictions in modem mode
Operators that provide tariffs with unlimited Internet often restrict the distribution of cellular traffic and use the TTL parameter for this. Time To Live is a number that denotes the maximum number of transitions of a data packet from one device to another, or the maximum period of its operation.
On most smartphones, the TTL value is 64. Each transition through the wireless channel in modem mode decreases it by 1, and the new value is automatically sent to the main operator’s server. Often, when the provider sees these changes, he blocks the distribution of unlimited Internet or makes it paid.
Important! While such restrictions can be bypassed on computers and Android devices, no schemes and applications have yet been invented for iPhones, so if such a problem arises, it will be impossible to solve it.
Modem mode is a convenient and practical feature built into every smartphone from Apple. It allows you to turn your iPhone into an access point in a few clicks and distribute the Internet to any device, regardless of its manufacturer. There are several ways to share the Internet: wirelessly, using a Bluetooth module, or using a USB cable. Each of them is able to provide access to the World Wide Web at a high level, but it should be borne in mind that during the distribution process the battery is rapidly discharged and mobile Internet traffic is wasted. In order not to be left without communication and not to owe money to the operator, it is important to reliably protect the network with a password, do not forget to turn off the modem mode after the end of distribution and monitor the charge of the phone.
How to make a distribution of the Internet from a phone to a computer?
- Connect your smartphone and computer with a USB cable
- Go to Android settings
- Select the section “Wireless networks”
- Click on “”.
- Select modem mode.
- Press the USB tethering button
How to enable hotspot on iPhone 4?
To operate the modem mode and distribute the Internet via Wi-Fi, you need to register the access point of your operator. To do this, open the system settings, the “Cellular” menu and go to the “Cellular data network” section. The tab contains three blocks of filled fields: “Cellular data”, “MMS” and “Modem mode”.
How to enable tethering on iPhone Carrier?
Where did the iOS modem mode disappear and what to do with “contact Carrier”?
- Open “Settings”, go to “Cellular”.
- Click “Data Options”, then “Cellular Data Network”.
- Scroll down and see “Modem Mode”. Fill in the lines APN, username and password.
How to sync iPhone and iPad with each other?
- Connect your device to your computer using a USB cable, then open iTunes and select your device.
- Click Browse on the left side of the iTunes window.
- Select “Sync with this [device] over Wi-Fi”.
- Click the Apply button.
How to share Internet from iPhone via USB?
Use a USB cable to connect an iPhone or iPad with Hotspot enabled to your computer. If necessary, make this device trusted. Make sure the iPhone or iPad can be found and viewed in the iTunes app.