Activation with function keys Fn F (x)
Usually the Fn button is located second from the left in the bottom row of keyboard keys. Sometimes the concept of which F1-F12 button is responsible for enabling / disabling the touchpad is helped by the icon on the key, usually the icon of the crossed out touchpad. Lenovo products are characterized by the following combinations:
- Fn F8. Most common
- Fn F6
- Fn F5. Less common
IMPORTANT: This method may NOT work in the following cases:
- If you do not have drivers responsible for using hotkeys installed (for Lenovo, usually Hotkey Features Integration)
- If the Fn button is configured “the other way around”, that is, the LockFn function is disabled, then you should try just the F8, F6 or F5 key, without using the Fn function key
Through the Windows interface
- Go to the “Control Panel”, select the view in the “Large icons”
- Find the item “Mouse” and Left-click on it.
- In the window that opens, select the “Device Settings” tab. If not, try searching for “ELAN” or “ClickPad”.
- In the list of devices, select a device (most likely it will be the only one) and click the “Activate device” button. Optionally, you can check or uncheck the “Disable when connecting an external USB mouse” checkbox. If you uncheck the box, the touchpad will not turn off when working with a regular mouse.
Back in Windows 10, touchpad control is in Windows Settings:
- Press the Win X keyboard shortcut (or through any other method you know) and select “Options” from the list
- Go to “Devices” and in it, on the left panel, select “Touch Panel”
In this menu, you can enable / disable the touchpad, as well as adjust its sensitivity, touches and gestures.
Via BIOS settings
This item does NOT apply to all Lenovo laptop models, some do not have this option or find it in a different section. In this case, updating the BIOS firmware to a more recent one can help.
- Enter BIOS (instructions on how to enter BIOS)
- Go to the “Advansed” (or “Config” “Keyboard / Mouse“) menu section of your BIOS.
- For the item “Internal Porting Device” (Possible option is “Internal Device Setting”, “Trackpad” or SIMilar), select the value “Enabled”
- Go to the main BIOS menu and save the settings by selecting the “Save Exit Setup” item Or do it with a hotkey (usually F10) and press the ENTER key.
- Computer overload
IMPORTANT: Even if this option is present, it may not be available or its use will NOT lead to the desired result if the USB controller is disabled in the BIOS. This adjustment is not uncommon on corporate laptops.
If, in your case, the touchpad was disabled in the BIOS, then after turning it on, you may need to activate it with hot keys or from the Windows interface.
How to enable / disable touchpad on Lenovo laptop
If the touchpad does not work and the traditional restart of the computer does not help, you can follow a few SIMple steps to solve the problem.
Reinstalling the device driver
Let’s look at a SIMpler case first.
If the touchpad on your computer worked correctly and suddenly stopped, and the previous methods of turning on did not help, it may be a consequence of a device driver failure. It is worth trying to solve this problem with built-in Windows tools.
- Go to “Device Manager”. In Windows 10, you can do this by right-clicking on the start button and selecting the appropriate item; in Windows 7, for example, right-clicking on the “My Computer” icon and selecting the “Control” sub-item, in the window that opens in the left column. “Manager devices “. The method doesn’t matter.
- Select “Mice and other pointing devices”
- In the list that opens, you need to find the device corresponding to the touchpad and name it with the right mouse button.
- From the options that appear, select “Delete”
- In the main (horizontal) menu of the device manager, select “Action”, the sub-item “Update hardware configuration”
As a result, Windows will install the Most suitable driver from its repository.
In cases where this did not help, if you just installed Windows, if you do not know whether the touchpad has ever worked on a laptop, you need to install the driver from the manufacturer’s website, for this use our instructions for finding and installing the current drivers.
For the operating system, enabling the touchpad with hot keys or from the interface is the same action. You can enable the touchpad by pressing the buttons on the keyboard, and disable it through the “Control Panel” and vice versa. If a device is disabled in the BIOS, Windows is unaware of its existence and does NOT try to communicate with it. Drivers are instructions for the operating system to interact with the device. Accordingly, if the device is disabled in the BIOS, you cannot install the driver on it. Understanding THESE principles will allow for a more meaningful approach to setting up your laptop.
If none of the above methods helped, there is probably a hardware problem. In this case, you need to contact the service center.
How to disable the touch mouse on a laptop?
The touchpad, or touch mouse, is a very convenient device in laptops and netbooks. It allows you to use your computer where it would be inconvenient to connect a regular mouse (for example, on a train, plane or cafe). In these situations, the touchpad is a great replacement for a mouse.
However, for fast surfing, gaming or work, it is preferable to use a Traditional computer mouse. She responds faster and, as a rule, does not have the habit of spontaneously moving around the screen and accidentally clicking. In addition, the touchpad is located under the keyboard and often interferes when typing. Therefore, most users disable it when they can use the mouse.
But how to do that? Devices of different models suggest different ways to turn off the sensor. Let’s figure out the difficult question for many, how to disable a touch mouse on a laptop.
How to turn off the touch mouse on a laptop?
As you know, in the Windows operating system, any action can be performed in several ways. The user chooses from them the most convenient for himself. This also applies to the procedure for disabling the touch mouse. So, there are several ways to do this:
- In the latest HP models, there is a small dot in the corner of the touchpad. It can glow or SIMply be applied to the surface of the touchpad. It is enough to double-click on this point (or hold your finger on it), and the touch mouse will stop working. To turn it on, follow the same procedure.
- Most laptop models involve disabling the touchpad using hot keys. You need to find a combination of them that will lead to the desired result. Typically, this is the Fn function key and one of the F1 through F12 keys (usually F7 or F9). The latter is usually marked with a rectangular touchpad icon. So, try pressing these two keys at the same time. and the touch mouse will turn off, and a corresponding warning in the form of text or a picture will appear on the laptop screen. To turn the touchpad back on, use a SIMilar trick.
- There is also a more complicated way, how to disable the touch mouse on an Asus or Acer laptop. These models are equipped with a Synaptics touchpad, which can be made to turn off automatically when a mouse is connected to the laptop. To do this, open the Mouse Properties menu in your computer control panel, select your Synaptics device and check the Disable when external USB mouse is connected checkbox. It is done! By the way, this method is also suitable for some Lenovo models. To check if it will work, just try this.
- Disable the touch mouse will help you with Device Manager. Right-click on the “My Computer” shortcut, select “Control” from the context menu, and go to the “Device Manager” tab. Then find the touchpad in the list of devices (it may be located in the “Mice” tab) and Disable it by calling the context menu again.
- And finally, one more way to disable the touch mouse on a laptop. You can SIMply glue it over with a piece of paper or cardboard. You can take an unnecessary plastic card and cut it to fit the touchpad. Close the touch panel with this “stencil”, and fix the edges with adhesive tape. As a result of such manipulations, the possibility of touching the sensor is excluded, and you can use a regular mouse without interference.
As you can see, disabling the touch mouse is NOT a big problem and can be done in seconds if desired.
Disable touchpad in asus laptop via device manager
I will not specifically describe this option, since in different models, this operation is also performed in different ways.
Its essence is that you need to enter windows 10 device manager and disable the touchpad driver.
It is located under “keyboard” or “mice and other pointing devices” (depends on the asus model)
Then turn on the touchpad if necessary, you can also use this driver.
Disable touchpad in asus laptop with function keys
The very first described option is the SIMplest, only there are exceptions when the manufacturer did NOT use this function (rare).
This method should work on almost all laptops, only it definitely needs a driver, and if someone installed windows 10 for you (you did NOT buy a laptop with preinstalled Windows), then 99% of it is available.
What’s the point? You need to hold down the FN key and call it usually F7 or F9. If such a function is provided on your device, then the touchpad icon should be drawn on the second key.
If the option did NOT work, the problem can be solved. Enough “sun” at the office. Asus website and driver download.
Then of course install. This allows you to turn off the touchpad when you need it. In a word, who wants to figure it out
How to disable touchpad in ASUS laptop on Windows 10
It doesn’t matter if you bought an asus laptop with windows 10 or just updated to the top ten, sometimes the touchpad can get in the way and you need to turn it off.
From my experience, I can say that usually beginners want to disable the touchpad. When I first sat down at my asus laptop, I tried to turn off the touchpad after several days of use.
I could hardly write anything, he always spoiled the whole picture. I remember I turned it off, but then, I don’t even remember how I turned it on and everything went smoothly.
True, then there was no trace of Windows 10, only XP, but apparently over time the hands get used to not touching Ego.
It should be noted right away that the same option will NOT work on all models, so you will have to experiment.
Below I will give all the known manipulations for disabling the touchpad, in laptops. they are suitable Not only for asus.
Disable touchpad in asus laptop via control panel
Disabling the touchpad through the control panel is also not always possible. I get it on one asus, on the second there is.
The bottom line is this. Open up control panel windows 10 and go to the “mouse” section. If you see the Synaptics tab there, go to it.
There you will see a disable button, only for such a tab to be needed Not only a touchpad from the manufacturer Synaptisc, but also a driver for it.
If the manufacturer of the touch panel is Synaptisc, then the driver can be downloaded, also on the Asus website.
If the manufacturer is different, then you need to open the “equipment” tab, select “properties”, go to the “driver” tab and disable it there.
Disable touchpad in asus laptop via BIOS
This option is not suitable for everyone, since most are even afraid to enter the BIOS on their own, and you still need to be able to enter it.
If you still decide and enter, then you need to go to the section responsible for managing the touch panel.
This section is usually called “Advanced”. I will not describe much here either, since there are also several BIOS and the settings are significantly different.
The essence of this, you need to set the parameter opposite the touchpad to “Disabled”, then it will turn off.
You can write a lot about disabling the touchpad on asus laptops, you just can’t describe everything, because of the difference between the laptops themselves, the difference between the manufacturers of touch panels and everything else. the brochure will turn out.
I described only the very essence, practically without pictures, because I do not know your laptop. Therefore, if you have any difficulties, just write your model in the comments, and I will help you. Success.
Hello. ASUS X756UV replaced Win 10 with Win 7 64-bit. Everything is fine and the drivers are all up. But the touchpad doesn’t work. The drivers are there, the keyboard shortcut is not original, in the BIOS there is an enable. But it doesn’t work. There were no problems in Win 10. New laptop.
Switch touchpad settings from advance to normal in BIOS
Try the touchpad driver puts in compatibility mode with Win 7.
It is necessary to install the driver!
ASUS Smart Gesture (Touchpad Driver)
Automatically turn off touchpad when turning on USB mouse
The method is interesting in that it allows you to do everything once and forget about the problem for a long time. To configure the operating system to automatically disable the touchpad, follow these steps:
Open Control Panel or Settings. This can be done in different ways:
Typed control at the command prompt of the Run dialog box. It can be called, as noted earlier, with the WinR key combination;
Called the right mouse button on the “Start” button or SIMultaneously pressed WinX to open a list in which one of the items would be “Control Panel” or “Settings”;
Go to the “Devices and Printers” category if the “Control Panel” was opened using the “Run” window. If you prefer a different option, then you can go directly to step 3.
Find the touch panel and the mouse in the list of devices, by clicking on this item, select USB-mouse connection parameters and check the box next to “The touch panel is automatically disabled”.
It is worth saying that in the latest update of Windows 10, instead of the ability to automatically turn off the touchpad, there was a setting for its sensitivity levels. Low values of this characteristic may make it possible to work comfortably on the keyboard DO NOT disable the touch panel while doing this.
The touchpad is also turned off using the device manager. You can enter it either by SIMultaneously pressing Win and X and selecting the appropriate item in the drop-down list, or by typing the devmgmt.Msc command in the input line of the Run dialog box. The latter is invoked by the WinR keyboard shortcut.
In Device Manager, the touchpad can be found under the Mice and Other Pointing Devices category or the HID Devices category. Finding a device is quite SIMple: words like touchpad or sensing pad in the name indicate it. It can be hidden behind the phrase “USB input device”, but in any case it will NOT be difficult to detect it. After that, you need to name it with the right button on the name and select the “Disable device” item in the window that appears. Another option. rename the name of the touchpad with the left mouse button and disable it in the “Driver” tab.
How to disable the touchpad on a laptop when connecting a mouse?
Sometimes it is necessary to disable the laptop touchpad. Your attention is offered 4 ways, using which you can do it.
The touchpad can be turned off by SIMultaneously pressing the Fn key and one of the F-row keys. Which one depends on the manufacturer and the specific model of the laptop, but there is a hint. an icon in the form of a crossed out touchpad. If there is no such icon, you can search for the desired button yourself. However, below are the key combinations for the most popular brands:
- Samsung: FnF5;
- Acer: FnF7;
- ASUS: FnF8 or F7;
- Lenovo: FnF5 or F8;
- Sony: FnF1, Assist;
In HP notebooks, the touchpad is disabled not by hotkeys, but by a double quick tap or long press of the upper left corner of the panel itself;
This method is not applicable to all laptop models. If it turned out to be useless in your case, then you should try other means.
The most inconvenient of the methods suggested in the article, since it requires shutting down or restarting the laptop. But in some cases, only it can work: this is how the author of the article managed to turn off the touchpad on the ASUS X552M with its help.
The BIOS is entered differently on laptops from different manufacturers. Below are the options for the keys that you need to press when turning on the laptop, here are the most to the least common:
- Samsung: F2, F8, F12, DEL or Fn combination F row key;
- Acer: F1, F2, CtrlAltEsc; for Acer Aspire CtrlF2; for Extensa and TravelMate F2, Del series;
- Asus: F2, Del, F9;
- Lenovo: F2, FnF2, F8, Del;
- Sony: Vaio series Assist key; old models F1, F2, F3, Del;
- Hp: F10, Esc; older models: Del, F1, F11, F8;
- Dell: F2, F1, F10, Del, Esc, Insert;
After entering the BIOS, using the arrows on the keyboard, go to the “Advanced” tab, select “Internal pointing device” in the list that opens. this is the touchpad. To turn it off, you need to press Enter and use the arrows to select the item “Disabled”, then. again “Enter”. Exit BIOS, saving all changes, you can press F10.
The above methods for turning off the touch panel are not the only ones, but they are the most accessible. We hope that the information presented in the article will be useful to you.
How to disable the touchpad on a laptop
Let’s see how to disable the touchpad on a laptop in order to disable the touchpad while working at the computer, in the case of using a computer mouse on the device. Touchpad (TouchPad). a touch device in the case of a portable PC. laptop that performs the functions of a computer mouse.
The touchpad in laptops is used to control the cursor and to execute various commands on the computer. The touchpad is an alternative to the hand-held mouse. the mouse used on stationary PCs (desktops).
The majority of users, for greater convenience, use a mouse on laptops: wired, connected directly to the computer, or wireless, connected via an adapter inserted into the USB connector, or communicating with the PC via a Bluetooth radio module.
In some situations, when working on a computer, or during a computer game, the user accidentally touches the touchpad, because of this, the cursor moves, and this causes inconvenience. Therefore, users have questions about how to disable the touchpad so that it does not interfere with productive work or play.
There is no danger in deactivating the touchpad functions on the laptop, the disabled touchpad can be re-enabled if necessary.
There are several different ways to disable the touchpad in Windows, depending on the manufacturer of the computer and touch device:
- Using hardware keys on the keyboard;
- In the device manager;
- In the BIOS;
- Through the mouse parameters settings;
- In the Windows Mobility Center;
- Using third-party programs;
- Disabling the touchpad physically or gluing the touchpad with thick material.
In this article, we will analyze how to disable the touchpad on a laptop in different ways on the main popular brands of laptop manufacturers: HP, Dell, ASUS, Lenovo, Acer, MSI, Samsung, Sony Vaio.
The article contains instructions on how to disable the touchpad on ASUS, on HP, on Samsung, Lenovo, Dell, Acer, Sony, using hotkeys on the laptop keyboard. In most cases, laptops use the “Fn” function key in combination with one of the “F1” to “F10” function keys, which must be pressed SIMultaneously.
Disabling or blocking the touchpad
Disconnecting the touchpad from the laptop system chamber is the most effective 100% method, but also the most NOT suitable. Not every user will disassemble a laptop in order to disconnect the cable coming out of the touchpad from the connector on the motherboard.
A SIMilar method: a sticker on the laptop panel on which the touchpad is located, a special plug, made of a durable material, such as thin plastic. In this case, the cover protects the touchpad from getting the user’s fingers on it. This is not the best way to solve the problem.
Disable the touchpad in device manager
Using Device Manager, you can disable or remove a touch device that functions as a touchpad.
Go through the following steps:
- Open Device Manager in one of the convenient ways.
- Find Mice and Pointing Devices in the list. One of the devices will have the word “TouchPad” in its name, although other options are possible. On some laptops, the touchpad may be located under “HID (Human Interface Devices)”.
- Click on the device with the right mouse button, in the context menu select “Disable device”.
If there is an item “Disconnect device” in the context menu, then the device can be SIMply removed from the computer. To NOT install it again after rebooting the system, you must perform the following steps (this method works in older versions of Windows Professional and Enterprise):
- Start Local Group Policy Editor on the computer.
- In the Local Group Policy Editor window, follow the path:
- Open the status policy “Prohibit the installation of devices, not described by other policy settings”.
- In the window “Prohibit the installation of devices, but not described by other policy settings” activate the “Enabled” option, click on the “OK” button.
- Reboot your PC.
Turn off the touchpad using a third-party Touchpad Blocker
User can lock the touchpad using third-party software. A program installed on the computer disables the touchpad.
The freeware Touchpad Blocker blocks the touchpad when accidentally pressed. After installation on a computer, the program is registered in the Windows startup.
The “Block accidental taps and clicks” setting is responsible for blocking the touchpad if you accidentally press the touchpad. In the application options there are options for setting the blocking time, pop-up messages.
Using the “hot” keys, you can enable or disable the touchpad lock (“Ctrl” “F9”), and on computers with a Synaptics touchpad, you can enable or disable the touchpad (“Ctrl” “Alt” “F9”).
How to disable touchpad on Sony Vaio laptop
On Sony Vaio notebook models, use the “Fn” “F1” keys to disable the touch device. Sony computers have the Vaio Control Center application, which can be used to control the touchpad.
How to disable touchpad on MSI laptop
On MSI notebooks, the touchpad can be disabled by pressing the “Fn” “F3” keys.
How to disable the touchpad on an Acer laptop
On Acer notebooks, the keyboard shortcut “Fn” “F7” is used to disable the touchpad.
How to disable touchpad on a Samsung laptop
On Samsung laptops, the most commonly used keys are “Fn” “F5”, as well as “Fn” “F10”, with which the touchpad is turned off.
Disable touchpad in BIOS or UEFI
In some situations, you can use an effective method: disabling the touchpad in the BIOS or UEFI. When using this method, it will not turn on the touchpad from the Windows operating system again, it will require a new entry into the BIOS settings to change the touchpad enable settings.
Follow these steps:
- Enter BIOS when the computer boots up using the Corresponding keyboard keys.
- Use the arrow keys to navigate to the appropriate tab to disable the touch device. Depending on the BIOS version, the options for disabling the touchpad can be in different tabs, for example, in the “Advanced” or “Boot” tabs.
- The parameter itself can be called “Touch Pad Mouse”, “Internal Pointing Device” or SIMilar. Go to the Needed parameter, press the “Enter” key.
- Select the “Disabled” parameter, press the “Enter” key.
- Save the new BIOS or UEFI settings, pressed the “F10” key.
To enable the touchpad on a laptop, you will need to enter the BIOS settings again to enable the “Enabled” parameter in the touchpad settings.
The touchpad is an element of the laptop hardware, therefore, the mechanisms for determining its mode of operation are the same as applicable to the rest of the hardware components.
Among such mechanisms are the following:
- Using the function keys predefined by the laptop manufacturer that control the operating modes of the device modules;
- Through the settings of drivers supplied by the manufacturers of system components;
The first four methods are discussed later in this article in chapters with corresponding titles. But the physical way is worth talking separately.
To replace the components of the system, which DOES NOT cancel the manufacturer’s obligations for warranty service of the purchased high-tech equipment, specialized covers are provided on the bottom panel of the laptop case for removing and installing electronic devices.
Physical disconnection of the touchpad from the motherboard cannot be done without opening the case, there are no special covers for this. Thus, this operation, once performed, automatically removes the laptop from warranty.
To disconnect it from the motherboard, you need to disassemble the laptop and disconnect the touchpad cable from the connector on the board. The reverse operation is also possible: to connect the touchpad after physical disconnection, the cable is again plugged into the motherboard connector.
The operation is not complicated, but it requires basic skills in handling modern electronic components.
Methods for disabling the touchpad on a laptop
A laptop is conceived as a portable device that replaces a personal computer, therefore, all the functionality of a stationary computer, familiar to the user, must be implemented in it without fail.
But in such a way that it does not create difficulties when used for its intended purpose. away from power sources, stationary flat surfaces.
One of the most convenient “chips” of a modern computer is a mouse or, scientifically, a manipulator that converts physical movement into an electrical signal.
The signal can be a command to move the cursor or scroll through pages in a text editor. As a replacement for a mouse in a laptop, a special device is used. a touchpad.
The exact translation from English of the word “touchpad” means “touch panel”, “touch panel”. Practically NO skills are required with it, cursor control through hand movement when using a computer mouse is replaced by finger movement when using the touch panel.
The ergonomics of the laptop are built in such a way that the fingers find it themselves. Forcing the cursor to move along fancy trajectories.
The method described below is applicable only to the touchpad manufactured by Synaptics.
How to configure the Tp Link Tl Wr741Nd router? All information is here.
This manufacturer is the largest in the world, but your laptop can have a touchpad and a second brand.
To disable the Synaptics touchpad, follow these steps:
- Open “Windows Control Panel”;
- In the section “Hardware and Sound” in the category “Devices and Printers” open the snap-in “Mouse”;
- Call the properties of the device by clicking the right mouse button on the “Device parameters” tab;
- Select “Disable”.
Checking the fact that the touch panel is disabled is SIMple: after pressing the “OK” button and moving your finger over the device, the cursor should NOT move.
The devmgmt.Msc command, entered in the Start menu entry line, opens the Device Manager snap-in, which is familiar to every Windows user.
The same snap-in can be opened through the Windows Control Panel by following this sequence of steps:
- Pressing the “Start” button;
- Selecting the “Control Panel” item;
- The “System and Security” category is selected in the control panel;
- In the “System” section, select the “Device Manager” snap-in.
In Device Manager, the touchpad can be in one of two categories:
- Mice and other pointing devices;
It can be called differently, for example, “USB input device” or something with the words “touchpad” or “touchpad”. In the example shown in Figure 3, the touch panel is called “Finger Sensing Pad” and is located in the list of “Mice and other pointing devices”.
Right-click on the selected element and select “Disable”.
To completely disable the touchpad, you can use the BIOS function, which controls the settings of the built-in pointing device. To enter the BIOS settings configuration mode after turning on the laptop, press the key on the keyboard defined by the laptop manufacturer. So, for most laptops, you need to press the F2 key, the second common option is the Del key.
Photo6 BIOS screen
Attention! Function key assignments are usually displayed on the bottom line of the screen.
After entering the BIOS settings, you need to find the “Internal Pointing Device” option, and set its value to “Disabled”. If you need to turn the touchpad back on, you will have to enter the BIOS again, find the same option and set its value to “Enabled”.
The function keys control the operation of the laptop’s peripheral components. Activation of control functions is performed, as a rule, by holding down the Fn key while pressing the F row key (F1.F12).
Attention! The location of the Fn key in Figure 1 is shown schematically. On your laptop model, the Fn key may be located in a different place, for example, between the left Ctrl and Alt keys.
The list and function of control keys is NOT subject to any international or corporate standard, so every laptop manufacturer is free to assign the functionality of the keyboard buttons based on their own preferences.
A crossed-out rectangle on one of the function keys may indicate exactly the function you are looking for. Hold down the Fn button, press the key with the crossed out rectangle. Slide your finger across the touchpad. Is the cursor moving? So it’s not that SIMple.
The following list shows the standard keyboard shortcuts for disabling the touchpad in a laptop, sorted by laptop manufacturer:
|Laptop manufacturer||keyboard shortcut|
|ASUS||Fn F9, Fn F7|
|HP||Hold the top left corner of the touchpad, or quickly double tap.|
|Lenovo||Fn F5, Fn F8|
|Sony||Fn F1, Assist|
Attention! Your specific laptop model may not have a manufacturer-assigned keyboard shortcut to disable the touchpad. In this case, the method of disabling the touchpad with the introduction of function keys is NOT applicable to your laptop model.
How to disable the touchpad when typing. How to disable the touchpad on a laptop when connecting a mouse
Apparently, the SIMplest and most logical way is to configure the operating system of your laptop to automatically disable the touchpad when you connect an external mouse. To activate this mode:
- Enter the “Devices and Printers” menu “Start”;
- Find the touchpad and mouse in it;
Attention! This setting is not available on all laptop models. The presence of such a setting on a specific laptop model depends on the version of the operating system, the version of the USB mouse and touchpad drivers.
If your laptop is equipped with a Synaptics touchpad, you can achieve the same result by checking the “Disable internal pointing device when connecting an external pointing device to USB port” checkbox on the Device Settings Management tab, as shown in Figure 2.
Choosing a network adapter for a laptop. Here.
Why is it getting a Wi-Fi authentication error? Answers further.
Despite the fact that there are several ways how to disable the touchpad on a laptop, not everyone can work on your computer model. The specific method is determined by the user Based on his needs, the capabilities of the hardware and software of the laptop.
Reasons why the touchpad does not work on laptops
If you spilled liquid on the laptop, and did not drop it or hit it on hard surfaces, then the reason for disabling the touchpad should be sought in the device’s settings. In case of mechanical damage, there is only one solution. replacement of damaged parts in a service center.
Here are some software issues that you can fix yourself:
- Sensor disabled by hardware button.
- Touchpad disabled with keyboard shortcut.
- The touch panel is disabled through the “Control Panel”.
- Touchpad disabled in BIOS.
There is another option that you have incorrectly installed drivers, but if the touchpad worked previously, then this is unlikely. But just in case, it’s worth checking the drivers:
- Right-click on the “Computer” icon and select “Device Manager”.
- Find the section “Mice and other pointing devices”.
- See that there are no warning signs near the touchpad.
If you see an exclamation mark next to the touchpad in Device Manager, you need to reinstall the drivers. Download them from the official website of the laptop manufacturer or use the disk if it came with the laptop.
Before you start looking for the reason for disabling the touchpad, just restart your laptop. Sometimes it helps and the touchpad starts working again. If restarting did NOT solve the problem, then see if there is a small hardware button next to the touchpad. It may appear as a single key or point on the touchpad.
Pressing this button turns on / off the touchpad. Try using it to enable the touchpad. If there are buttons, or pressing it does NOT have a positive effect, then try turning on the touchpad with the FnF1-F12 key combination.
An individual combination is established for each manufacturer. For example, on an ASUS laptop, the sensor is turned on / off with the FnF9 combination. Only the Fn key remains unchanged, the second button can be any of the F1-F12 series. You can recognize it by the icon. the touchpad will be displayed on the desired key.
The touchpad (touch mouse) does not work on the laptop. Reasons and what to do. Repair in St. Petersburg
Let’s figure out why the touchpad (touch mouse, panel) does not work on your laptop and what you can do now to solve the problem.
One of the input devices on a laptop is the touchpad, better known as the touchpad. It replaces a regular computer mouse, performing the same function, so when the sensor fails, users have some difficulties in interacting with the laptop. Below will be discussed the main reasons why the touchpad stops working, as well as ways to troubleshoot.
7 (812) 953-94-11, 7 (921) 984-75-12 (Kamennoostrovsky prospect, 42, Petrogradskaya)
Windows and BIOS settings
If the hotkeys DO NOT help, then check if the touchpad is enabled in Windows settings. Connect a regular computer mouse to your laptop to conveniently work with the system parameters:
- Open “Control Panel”.
- Go to the Hardware and Sound section.
- Open the subsection “Mouse”.
After saving the configuration, check if the touch panel starts working. If the sensor does not work, restart your computer and enter BIOS. To do this, when starting the laptop, press the Delete or F2 key (the required key is indicated on the start window).
Usually the tool for enabling the touchpad “internal Pointing Device” is located in the “Advanced” section. Set it to “Enabled” and exit BIOS and save your configuration by pressing F10 and then “Y”.
If the touchpad is enabled in the BIOS and Windows settings, the drivers are installed correctly, but the touchpad does not respond to your movements, then it is better to contact the service center. You are probably dealing with a physical breakdown of the touchpad, which is problematic to fix on your own.
If you want to know everything about how to disable the touchpad on a laptop, then you cannot do without information about hotkeys. This is the fastest way to make the panel inactive: just press two buttons on the keyboard to make the sensor stop responding. Press again to turn the touchpad back on.
Manufacturers assign different combinations to their devices, but usually you need to press the Fn button in combination with one key from the F1-F12 row. You can find a suitable key by the graphic image of the crossed out touchpad.
On ASUS laptops, the sensor is disabled by a combination of FnF7 or FnF9. Pay attention to the pictogram. the crossed out touchpad will help you make the right decision.
If you have an Acer laptop, press FnF7. This combination will work if a hand is drawn in the corner of the button pressing the panel.
To disable the sensor on an HP laptop, double-click the area at the top of the touchpad.
Usually the desired area is marked with a small depression. The built-in mouse is also turned on by double clicking.
Disconnection via control panel
The first step is to figure out how to disable the touchpad on a laptop through the control panel. Most modern laptops have a Synaptics touchpad, so the shutdown follows one aLGorithm:
- Open the control panel. Change the display to any icons. large or small. Go to the “Mouse” section.
- Switch to the Device Settings tab. It should have a Synaptics icon.
Here you can customize the behavior of the touchpad, as well as disable it completely. If you nevertheless use the touchpad periodically, then set the automatic disabling of the touchpad when connecting a mouse to the laptop. This is a very convenient function that will allow you to forget about the inconvenience arising from the SIMultaneous operation of the sensor and a regular computer mouse.
This method of disabling the touchpad will only work if the drivers from the manufacturer are installed on the laptop. If in the mouse settings it is not possible to disable the sensor, then you will have to use other methods.
On laptops made by Lenovo, you need to pay attention to the F5 and F7 keys. One of them will have a strikethrough panel, that is, if you press this key in combination with Fn, the touchpad will stop working.
Sony computers use FnF1. In addition, the Vaio Control Center application is installed by default on Sony laptops, which also has a function to turn off the touchpad.
The default combination for Samsung laptops is FnF5. If you have a second-hand laptop, look for a list of hotkeys in the instruction manual or see the icons on the buttons. In addition, in some cases, for hotkeys to work, you need to install a special utility. for example, ATK Hotkey Utility for ASUS. All software can be downloaded on the manufacturer’s website for free, the main thing is to choose the right laptop model and OS version.
Using Device Manager
If the hotkeys do not work, and you cannot or do not want to find the touchpad drivers for your laptop, then try deactivating the built-in mouse through the device manager.
- Press the WinR combination on your keyboard or launch the Run window from the Start menu.
- Run the command “devmgmt.Msc” to open the device manager.
- Expand the “Mice and Other Pointing Devices” or “Devices-HIDs” section and find the touchpad. It is usually signed as Port TouchPad, but other names can also be found.
- Right click on the touchpad and select Disable.
If you cannot find the touchpad by name, disable all available input devices one by one and check if the touchpad has stopped working.
Disabling the touchpad on a laptop
You can turn off the laptop touchpad in several ways: using the function keys, through the control panel or device manager, using special software. Disconnection is usually required if a regular mouse is connected to the laptop and the touchpad becomes an unnecessary input device.
Application of third-party software
If you cannot disable the touchpad through the device manager, use special software to block the mouse built into the laptop. The program is called Touchpad Blocker and you can download it for free from the developers’ website. The only drawback of this utility is the lack of localization, so before you start working with it, you need to figure out which parameter is responsible for what.
- Automatically run on startup. automatic launch of the program at logon. Check the box so that the application starts working immediately after loading Windows.
- Show system tray notification. enable / disable showing notifications in the system tray.
- Block accidental taps and clicks. blocking accidental taps, that is, disabling the panel when entering text on the keyboard. When this item is activated, a drop-down menu becomes available, in which you must specify the time at which the touchpad turns off after pressing any key. For example, if you set 3 seconds, then during this time the touchpad will not respond to your actions.
- Also block move and wheel event. blocking the button for scrolling pages if available.
- Beep when click is blocked. sound notification when the touchpad is blocked.
- Turn blocker On and Off. setting hot keys to enable / disable the program.
The application runs in the background, the system is slightly loaded. Unlike other methods, using the Touchpad Blocker allows you to deactivate only at the moment of typing, so you can avoid accidental pressing without completely turning off the touchpad.