Connect the internet to your laptop using your android phone
A convenient function in the case when there is a wired connection in the location area, and the user does NOT know how to transfer the Internet from the phone to the laptop. ISPs are NOT trying to pull the Internet to places where there are few potential users. These are small villages, dachas, deserted places.
Connect iPhone via USB
Before connecting the internet from your phone to your laptop via a USB cable, you need to make sure you have the latest iTunes application. Connect with a cable. A message will appear stating that you trust this device, just agree.
A small mobile smartphone with android OS, with access to the World Wide Web, will assist in solving this issue.
- Using the Bluetooth app function, which must be activated on the phone and laptop. On the computer, it is located in the lower right corner of the desktop in the “settings” tab.
- In the tab that opens, you must check the box that gives permission to detect your computer.
- Go to the settings on the phone and enable the Discovery Resolution function.
- Run pairing start.
Connect your phone to a laptop via a USB cable. If your computer requires updating or installing drivers, you must complete this step. They are usually found on the phone. If it is not, follow a few steps:
- Go to smartphone settings and find USB connections;
- Activate the option;
- If a connection is made, the android icon turns orange;
- Activate USB tethering.
Everything happens in a few seconds and the smartphone simply turns into a USB modem.
Wi-Fi wireless connection
Recently, the smartphone is increasingly used as a wireless access point to the global network. For a smartphone to become a Wi-Fi hotspot, just follow a few simple steps:
- Go to the phone settings and select the “modem mode” option;
- Activate the Wi-Fi access function;
- If you are prompted to enter your username and password, keep them.
Entering a login and password to enter the global network is beneficial so that outsiders cannot use the service. If the connection is established correctly, you can configure the connection already on the laptop. To do this, just enter your username and password, after which access will be open. In order for this to happen, you need to make sure that the computer has a Wi-Fi module.
We use other programs and applications to connect the Internet
Before you distribute the Internet from your phone to a laptop, you need to understand that the smartphone in this mode is exposed to a heavy load, quickly discharges, and the battery heats up. If you plan to use your smartphone often, then you need to remove unnecessary programs and applications.
It is better to use the browser used for the phone to log into social networks. Other applications will be useful:
- Mhotspot, which restricts Internet access for third-party gadgets;
- Connectify will help you generate or change a password for access;
- Netsetman provides six concurrent connections.
Any program, application can be tested and simply removed if it does NOT fit. The less memory is loaded, the faster the Internet is distributed.
3 ways to connect internet to laptop via Android or IOS phone
The modern mobile phone provides many functions. It’s not just calls, games, music, TV. Many owners do not even suspect that it can be used as a modem. It is enough to know how to connect the Internet to a laptop by phone in order to freely enter the World Wide Web. This feature will be useful. Especially when there is no access to the network on long trips, business trips, in nature.
Before connecting the Internet to a laptop, you need to perform a few simple steps.
- Make sure that your mobile smartphone supports one of the operating systems. Android, Windows background or iOS.
- Activate mobile internet on your phone. This can be done by contacting your mobile operator or on the company’s website.
- After the activation has been carried out, connect the mobile phone to the laptop using a USB cable.
- If the connection is successful, the phone and laptop will inform you about the connection of a new device and update the drivers, with the methods of which you must agree.
- On the bottom panel of the laptop, near the clock, an image of the monitor and the outlet will appear. This means that the Internet connection was successful.
It is important to check before connecting the Internet from a phone to a laptop whether the mobile device has the “phone as a modem” function. And if so, then find out about your tariff plan so as not to pay extra money for Internet access. This is the easiest way to help you use your phone as a modem.
Easy Wi-Fi connection
Make sure your smartphone supports 3G / LTE. This is checked in the phone settings, following the instructions:
- Open the tab of cellular communication;
- Enable by using the slider or ticked;
- Activate modem mode Marking it as “on”;
- Enter the password if it’s a Wi-Fi connection.
This is enough to turn the phone into a wireless access point to the World Wide Web for a few seconds. But before you connect the Internet from your smartphone to your laptop, you need to expand it on your phone. To do this, you need to click on the Wi-Fi icon and select from the proposed list what you need. iPad or iPhone, which are used to distribute the Internet.
Turn on via Bluetooth
Before you can share the Internet from your phone to your laptop, you need to make sure that the computer has Bluetooth. Activate the option on both devices. After the computer recognizes the smartphone modem, update the driver, a connection to the network will be established.
Dynamic IP is the easiest communication method. All connection settings are assigned by the provider. The user does NOT need to assign anything extra. You just need to connect the cable to a router or computer and use the Internet.
Most often, the Internet is blocked if IP addresses are configured incorrectly. In the settings of a Windows computer, you need to register the IP address. If a DHCP server is installed, it will automatically distribute the address.
Internet connection can be made via VPN using L2TP protocol. To do this, go to the “Control Panel” menu via “Start”. Then the sub-item “Sharing and Networks Control Center” is selected. In the sub-item “Change network parameters” select “Configure a new connection”.
Then the item “Connection to the workplace” is selected. An Internet address line appears, into which the VPN data is entered.
To connect in this way, you need to know the exact address of the VPN services. To carry out the configuration, you must perform the following steps:
- Go to the “Network Connections” menu. This can be done through the control panel.
- On the left side is the item “create a new connection”.
- The installation wizard appears.
- To connect via VPN, the second sub-item is selected from the list.
- Then a VPN connection is selected.
- Next, the data that the program requests are filled in.
At the end of the installation, you need to check the “add shortcut” box. It is necessary to be able to connect to the network as quickly as possible.
After installation, you need to go to the “Properties” tab, then click “Security”. Next, the data is entered as in the photo.
This connection format is called a link-layer protocol. To connect the Internet in this way, you need to create a new connection via network connections. Next, you need to switch to manual configuration. You will need to activate the item “Create a high-speed connection”, the name is arbitrary.
Note! A window will appear on the computer screen, in which information about the subscriber is entered. At the final stage, the “Connect” button is activated.
How to connect and configure wired internet on a Windows 7 computer
Modern technologies offer various options for connecting to the Internet. The methods can be both wired and wireless. Each of them has its own characteristics, which must be taken into account when choosing. Knowing the nuances of how to connect the Internet to a computer via a Windows 7 cable, you can independently carry out the procedure.
Setting up a connection on Windows 7
Depending on the type of connection, there are all sorts of ways how to set up the Internet on the “seven”.
Important! To connect stably to the network, you need to have new equipment, or the existing one must be intact!
Advantages and disadvantages of a wired internet connection over a wireless one
Internet connection can be carried out both via Wi-Fi and via a cable network. Both one and the second method have their advantages and disadvantages.
The main distinguishing features are:
- Cable networks are a system thanks to Which data is transmitted within one network, for example, in an enterprise. This method allows you to combine many devices without loss of quality and data transfer rate. Unlike wired systems, wireless systems are characterized by mobility, this eliminates the mass of wires in the room, at home and in the office.
- Wired systems have higher transmission rates. It is not affected by Weather conditions, the number of users simultaneously online. The quality of signal transmission with a wireless connection is affected by nearby houses and trees. On the positive side, wired Internet differs in this matter. Its quality and speed does NOT decrease depending on the number of connected devices, from changes in signal strength due to weather conditions. This method is more reliable.
- Installing the Internet over Wi-Fi is much cheaper than connecting to a wired network. This is due to the complex installation system.
Note! An important issue when using the Internet is the level of security. This nuance is especially relevant for organizations that work with money.
Wireless networks have low resistance to hacking. In this regard, a wired connection has great advantages.
Choosing the right internet provider for wired internet connection
When choosing a provider, first of all, you need to navigate for what purposes the Internet user needs. You should NOT connect it at maximum speed if a person only needs to check the mailbox.
Before choosing, you need to compare rates and speed. Important Please note that many operators set limits after reaching maximum traffic. This is not always convenient, since you will need to pay a large amount to extend the speed.
Instructions for connecting wired Internet on Windows 7
Organization of access to the Internet is possible both via a network cable and via Wi-Fi. In both cases, it is required to first bring the provider’s patch cord into the room.
For Windows 7, connecting to the Internet via a cable means that the procedure is carried out directly through the power cord. If the user decided to connect the wires through the connector to the network card on the workstation, then the operation should be carried out on it.
In the second situations, the setting is carried out on the equipment, for example, on a modem.
The way to use a cable to connect the Internet to a computer has its own characteristics:
- The user receives a clear signal. If there are network outages, the most common problem is in the cable.
- The number of meters of wire does not allow walking with a laptop around an office space or apartment.
- Maximum transfer rate is reached.
Networking equipment and tools for connection are the easiest.
If a person uses a laptop, the device must be equipped with a module through which you can connect to a wireless network. The connection is made via a Wi-Fi router. In such a situation, the signal strength will depend on the transmitting antenna.
Note! Thanks to this connection, the user can freely move around the apartment, he does not have extra wires.
How to connect the Internet to a laptop by phone?
You can use your smartphone as an Internet source when at hand “there was no ”second provider. Let’s consider three options for using a smartphone as a modem. No need to go to a cafe for the Internet.
Wi-Fi connection. The smartphone must have a stable Internet connection and a traffic package for the tariff. Your laptop has a wireless network card. And the smartphone has a mode for switching the phone to “modem mode”.
On the smartphone, you need to make the settings in such a way that it can not only perceive, but also distribute the Internet. Each phone model has its own visual features of the settings, but the essence is the same. In Wi-Fi settings, this option is often hidden in “advanced settings”.
We need to switch the phone to the Internet distribution mode, the source of which will be the mobile operator that issued the SIM card. And then configure access to this point from second devices, in our case a laptop.
Since the phone has a relatively small range and I do not plan to use the Internet for a long time, I am in the mood to access it without a password (open network). I will leave the network name as it is.
And I will not invent a password. However, you can come up with a password if you plan to use this Internet regularly. And I chose “Net” on the “Protection” settings:
If, nevertheless, there is a password, and you want to connect users to a new access point (no more than six), then in the settings there is an emulator of the “WPS” button (like on a regular router) so that the user does not need to enter a password on his device:
Connect your laptop to the Internet. Our network has appeared in the list of networks, and its status is “open”:
Now we just click on this connection, and you are on the Internet. Its real speed depends on the coverage area of the cellular operator.
The next option in which you can use your mobile phone as a modem is connecting via the Blue Tooth channel. Perhaps this is the trickiest way to use your phone as a modem.
The Bluetooth adapter must be activated on the laptop (not available in all models). After connecting it to the computer in the “second Bluetooth parameters”.
You need to allow By detecting the laptop to the second devices (i.e. your smartphone):
For a stable connection, place your smartphone no further than 1-2 m from the laptop. We activate the “Bluetooth modem” mode on the phone. In the laptop through the “control panel” we are looking for our device and pairing between them. First, on the phone (clicked on the Bluetooth icon and Search), we make sure that the laptop appears in the list of devices.
And for pairing, we come up with any code of numbers, for example 1234.
Then on the laptop we enter the same code.
Then you need to turn on the appeared Bluetooth “network card” and try to connect. If there are no conflicts between the phone, adapter drivers, then the system will detect a new network and connect to it:
Connect the Internet to your laptop via a USB cable
The previous methods are good, but if you are on the road, wireless connections are an additional power consumption. Laptop and smartphone batteries are running low. The most economical way to use a smartphone as a modem is via a USB cable, which is used to charge the phone.You must first connect your smartphone via a USB cable, and then only turn on the USB modem option:
The more modern the smartphone model, the easier everything will go. If all is well, then the computer will immediately react without any additional settings:
All you need is a working USB cable that fits well in the socket. The option is good because the smartphone is charging, less energy is consumed. My cable connection speed is pretty good:
How to connect internet to laptop via Android phone mobile hotspot or cable?
All good to fast-wolker.Ru! A laptop is a portable device for work, which is indispensable for business trips, trips. If you work moving from point A to point B, at a remote work, on a train or in the evening on a long business trip, then of course you need the Internet.
In today’s article I will tell you in simple ways to go online, which is always at hand. And you will always be “in touch” at the right time.
How to connect the Internet to a laptop via a 3g-4g modem?
You can use a 3g / 4g modem for communication with a separate SIM card. If possible, take universal modems that are suitable for any cellular operator and you can then insert any SIM there. They are more expensive. With good coverage, the quality and speed of the Internet are decent, you can buy SIM cards for them on the road according to the situation.
Take a modem for the future 4g / LTE, Hi-link category. This means that there is no need to install a special program on the laptop. it is already inside the modem. It updates itself, which means that its firmware will always be up to date.
When using the modem for the first time, the laptop may not start automatic start (I have this function disabled by antivirus). Through the explorer, manually start the startup file as administrator:
After the first launch, shortcuts may appear on the desktop. This is normal. Is the connection established? Then be sure to update the firmware
If the connection is successful, the modem’s diode should glow solid blue, green, or red (depending on which network it “saw”). If the diode blinks, it means a problem.
These methods have helped me out more than once. I had to use both a modem and a smartphone on business trips. according to the situation. There is experience in flashing Some models of 4g modems for all operators. it also helped out. Good luck!
Configuring ADSL Internet
Internet transmission using ADSL, ADSL2, ADSL2 technologies is less popular in comparison with other methods. The maximum throughput in ADSL2 is 24 Mbps with an ideal telephone line. There are a lot of problems in this technology, one of the main ones is the wear of the cables, which requires replacement. You can configure it on the PPPoE or Bridge modem.
- Select “PPPoE / PPPoA” and click “Next”.
- Prescribe a password, login. And also VPI. 8 VCI. 35 (you may have different values).
- If there is Wi-Fi on the modem then you need to configure it too.
Option one “Dynamic network settings”
With this option, your IP address will change every time you reconnect with the provider. For example, restarting your router or computer. Is this good or bad? It’s hard to say, there are pros and cons. You will not be able to create a server in an online game. But you can download from file hosting services that have restrictions on the IP address. For users with a dynamic connection, setting input is reduced to a minimum.
In the settings of the network card, you just need to put an end to the line “Obtain IP addresses automatically” and “Obtain DNS server address automatically”. After THESE manipulations, the provider will automatically give out the settings of all parameters each time.
Modem Internet 3G and 4G
You bought a modem and DO NOT know how you can connect the Internet to your laptop using it? Everything is really easy and simple. For the convenience of users, mobile operators sell ready-made and configured modems. Usually the kit includes: modem, drivers on disk, instructions, cable. Everything is easy and simple, bought, brought home, connected to a USB port, installed the utility from a disk. There are modems with Wi-Fi, in this case, you can connect a laptop via Wi-Fi to a modem. When choosing a modem, pay attention to the antenna, it is desirable to be able to connect an external antenna, this is especially useful in rural areas.
Have you lost the Internet? Do not know how to be?
There are many reasons why it may NOT work completely. In the most common, we already wrote in the previous article. There we described in great detail how to fix this or that problem. Therefore, it makes no sense to write it again. We try to connect, if it does not connect to the Internet, go to this article here and try to find a solution to your problem there.
We do the distribution of the Internet using a router
We insert the network wire from the provider into the router, the “Ethernet” port, and the patch cord into the “LAN 1,2,3,4” port on one side, on the other into the computer “LAN connector”.
When you connect everything, the indicators on the router will light up, this means that both devices can see each other and a signal from the provider is coming.
You can also use a Wi-Fi connection. If the router is NOT configured, we drive in the IP addresses of the router (the IP can be viewed on the underside of the router) in the browser. By entering the password, the login will go to the main settings menu, where you need to drive in all the settings from the provider correctly.
Smartphone as a Wi-Fi hotspot
When it is not possible to connect cable Internet to a computer, a smartphone can help you out. It can be configured as a modem that will distribute the Internet. Consider a way to activate this mode, without third-party programs.
- Click “Settings”, “Modem and access point”, activate the term “Mobile access point”.
- A warning will pop up, click “Yes”. You can make network settings in the “Point management” window, here the SSID and password are written.
Pros and cons of wired and wireless internet
The most common way to connect to the Internet in the world is a wired connection. Everything is shrouded in wires, multi-storey residential buildings, offices, poles. Today, when connecting users, they use twisted pair and fiber-optic cable. The difference between these wires is significant, if earlier the superiority was behind the twisted pair, nowadays fiber optic is gaining more and more popularity. This is due to the best characteristics of this cable, for example:
- Fiber optic can transmit up to gigabits per second, and twisted pair no more than 100 megabits.
- During a Thunderstorm, electrostatic fields affect the network cable, because of this, equipment, routers, computers are burned out, and the thunderstorm does NOT affect optics.
- The length of the twisted pair is a maximum of 100 meters, with a greater length of 100 megabits you will NOT pump. In optics, the distance is calculated in kilometers, while the bandwidth does NOT fall.
There is another connection method, this is wireless. This method is popular among people and is developing very rapidly. The most popular are Wi-Fi and 4G, with 5G being tested, which will significantly outperform all other wireless technologies. The transmission speed will reach 100 megabits per second, in urban environments.
When comparing wired and wireless connection technologies, the following pros and cons can be distinguished:
- Bandwidth, more in wired connection.
- It is more convenient and comfortable to use wireless Internet. You won’t be pulling wires along the street.?
- An abundance of technology that is designed to work only in wireless mode, smartphones, tablets, laptops, because they lack an Ethernet output.
- Ping stability, it can only be achieved in a wired connection. This is the best option for playing online.
- Guaranteed speed. By wire, this speed can be PROVIDED, but by wireless technology there is.
After weighing all the positive and negative aspects, you choose how best to connect to the Internet.
Consider a static connection and a dynamic
All Internet providers Provide services for Internet access, while using different settings on the PC. Some are simpler, which are quickly introduced, others are a little more complicated, you will have to spend a little more time to enter them. Let’s see what settings are:
Setting up a VPN connection
In terms of data transmission security, VPN connection is considered very reliable. Therefore, many providers resort to this particular method of connecting their subscribers.
- In the lower corner near the time, click on the network icon. Next “Network parameters”, “VPN”, “Add VPN connection”.
- Here you need to drive in all the parameters that the provider should have PROVIDED to you. After entering “Save”.
- Click on the network icon and select our new VPN connection. An options window will appear, where you need to find and re-select our VPN. Items will open, you must select “Connect”.
How to connect a router
Greetings, dear readers of our site. We continue the cycle of useful articles on setting up equipment.
Most users who want to connect a router to a computer or laptop are faced with the problem of connecting a router, due to ignorance of the simple functions of this device. Smart-Tronix computer help will tell you how to properly connect the router. In fact, everything is simple, !
How to connect a router to a computer or laptop
So, you have a special patchcord cable that will connect the computer and the router. Naturally, it must be compressed in the correct way, according to the desired scheme, so that the router and computer “saw” each other. The patch cord must be plugged into the network card of a computer or laptop with one end, and the other into the router. Where exactly is shown in the picture. It also shows where to connect the Internet cable in the router. Diagram of connecting the router to a laptop or computer:
Isn’t it simple? You can connect four different devices to the router in the screenshot by cable instead of counting Wi-Fi connections. We hope the article was informative. Read smartronix.Ru!
Standard router connection
Let’s describe the functionality of a conventional router. This will help you understand what the connectors on the router are for and how to use them. How to connect the router correctly? It’s that simple! Let’s take a look at the picture:
For the correct connection via a network cable, you need to do the following. Router connection instructions:
- Correctly crimp the twisted pair cable (UTP network cable) if necessary.
- Plug in the router.
- Connect network cables.
- Configure network.
What can you connect the router to
This part of the article is for those who want to know more about how versatile a modern router is. What can the router be connected to? Here is a general list of devices that can be connected to the router (this is its second name):
- A computer
- Game console
- Tablet PC
Here are the main devices to which the router can be connected. Why do you need such a connection of all kinds of gadgets? To freely exchange information between devices and have access to the Internet on each of them. You can connect the router using two different technologies: wired and wireless. The connection method depends on what kind of router you have (whether it has Wi-Fi support) and on your desire. In this article, we will talk about connecting a wired network. Read about wireless technology in other, not less useful publications on our website. setting up Wi-Fi.
So, today, quite a lot of companies produce routers. At your choice, you can connect the router Asus, D-Link, Zyxel, Trendnet, 3COM, TP Link, Netgear and others. We want to say right away. no matter what brand you decide to purchase a device, its connection will be the same as that of an alternative manufacturer.
Internet connection rules
The data required to connect high-speed wired Internet is always indicated in the contract, which is between the client and the provider. If you want to connect a router, you should configure the TCP / IP protocol, if the network is not automatically detected. For the Windows operating system, different versions of the connection will be slightly different. For earlier versions such as 7 and 8, you need to do the following steps:
- Find “Network Control Center.” through the control panel.
- In the right-hand side, find the term “Change adapter parameters”;
- Open the context menu of the required adapter, and with the mouse (Using the right button) click on “Properties”. Usually the line is located at the end of the dropdown list;
- Select the protocol named “4 (TCP / IP)”;
- Next, you need to open the protocol and enter the numbers that the provider provides.
If the tenth version of Windows is installed on the computer, first the user must go to the “Network and Internet” section, find the term suggesting to change the parameters and take the steps described above.
After that, the Internet should work and no action should be taken. Depending on the provider providing the network service, the procedure may be slightly different. Therefore, before making the settings, you need to get complete and reliable information from him, and then make changes.
Options for connecting a laptop to the Internet
In a person’s life, the worldwide network has been a common phenomenon for many years, giving him pleasure and a lot of convenience. An important indicator is high speed. When connecting a network, the masters make the necessary settings themselves. If you had to reinstall the OS, you will have to set everything up again by following these steps in sequence:
- “Start” → “Network and Internet”.
- After that, select an item called “Network Control Center and.” click on it with the mouse.
- In the menu that appears, find “Settings for a new connection or network”.
- Select from the proposed list that connection option that you need and also click on it with the mouse.
- Next, a new window will open. Within its Appropriate time frame, you must enter a valid password and username. Usually they are spelled out in the contract with the provider. If you do the right thing, the Internet should connect. At the bottom of the device screen, a notification will appear, depicted as an icon.
Reviews, firmware, repair of Lenovo smartphones, laptops and tablets. Using the cable
This connection option is suitable when there is no network module in one of the mobile devices, and it is not possible to connect to the world network using Wi-Fi. Let’s take a closer look at how to connect cable Internet to a Lenovo laptop using this method. It is necessary to purchase a network cable. a crossover, crimped in a special way. There are 2 options for spinning it. The first is direct, they connect Lenovo to a router, switch or modem. The second option is the opposite. With its help, the laptop is connected to a second device (PC or laptop).
After a new window pops up on the screen, go to “Properties” and write your IP address (in both mobile devices). If the ego user does not know, there is always the opportunity to call the provider, who will dictate which characters and where to enter by pressing the consent button. By following these steps, the Lenovo laptop will connect to the Internet.
3G and 4G modems and routers
It is very easy to connect to the Internet using 3 and 4G modems, just Install the drivers and connect to the Internet.
Connecting via Bluetooth is a little easier, due to the fact that Bluetooth drivers are most likely already on your laptop (if the module itself is provided by the model).
Connecting via mobile internet
It is also possible to connect a laptop to the Internet via a mobile phone.
- Setting up an Internet access point on your smartphone.
- Connect your phone to your laptop via USB or Wi-Fi.
- Install drivers (depending on the brand of the phone) and connect to the Internet.
One of the options for DSL connection (Point-to-point protocol over Ethernet) stands out from the background of other frequency of use (the majority of connected, modern access points are carried out using the PPPoE protocol). The connection is made using an individual username and password.
Installing network card drivers on your computer is an important part of connecting to the Internet. Without a network driver, the laptop will not detect the Wi-Fi adapter. The drivers are installed from the disk that comes with the laptop, insert it into the CD drive and follow the instructions of the installation assistant.
Guide to connecting your laptop to the Internet
In this article, we will understand in detail how to connect the Internet to a laptop via a wireless network or using a twisted pair, consider the features of each type of connection, setting up various OS versions and installed components.
Static or dynamic ip
A dynamic IP address is distributed by your ISP free of charge to connect to the Internet and can be assigned to a second computer when you re-enter the network. The static version of IP (Internet Protocol) is bought for separate money and gives more options, and is entered manually when connected to the Internet.
Cable internet technology options
Conventionally, all options for connecting to the Internet via cable can be divided into several main types.
- Dial-up connection (Dial-up). This is a connection to the Internet via a cable, analog modem, or the same telephone line. This access is also used in a digital connection using ISDN technology, with the installation of an appropriate adapter.
- Dedicated communication channel. Assumes the use of a separate line from the PC / laptop to equipment owned and operated by the provider. There are two types of connections: up to 1.5 Mbps and up to 45 Mbps. Considered Most Effective for Large Enterprises.
- DSL (Digital Subscriber Line) is one of the broadband access options with which you can connect wired Internet to your laptop. Provides data transfer rates up to 50 Mbps. It is a digital connection with the introduction of analog telephone lines.
Checking for an adapter
The presence of a wireless adapter is checked by the presence of a picture on the laptop box. If you bought a laptop from hand (used) without a box, then there will definitely be a duplicate mark in the wireless adapter on the case.