AppleID password recovery methods
If you forgot your iPhone 6 password, how to unlock your mobile device in this case? Let’s assume that the AppleID “password” is forgotten.
In such circumstances, the user can perform data recovery:
- using e-mail (using the “Apple ID” login);
- by answering security questions;
- through the support service (by phone, feedback form or mail).
The first two options are most often used in practice. They allow you to quickly and easily restore access to AppleID.
iTunes and Smartphone Recovery
Forgot your iPhone 6 password? How to unblock? Via “iTunes”! This trick is official and reliable.
To use iTunes to reset your lock screen password, you must:
- Launch iTunes and update it.
- Connect the “apple” device to the computer and wait for the devices to sync.
- Select the connected device in “iTunes”.
- Go to the “General” block.
- Click on the button labeled “Restore.”.
- Select a smartphone recovery file. It is advisable to prepare it in advance.
After a few minutes, you can enjoy the achieved result. Immediately after restoring the smartphone, the lock screen password will be reset. Fast, simple and very convenient!
Has the person forgotten the password on “iPhone 6”? How do I unlock and reset this device? Let’s say using iCloud. This technique does not always work. it can only be used by those who have activated the Find iPhone option on their mobile device in advance.
Let us assume that the corresponding condition is met. Then, if you need to reset the lock screen password, you will need to do the following:
- Access iCloud.com from any device using an Internet browser.
- Authenticate with your AppleID.
- Open the “Find” iPhone “section.
- Click at the top of the window on the inscription “All devices”, and then select the smartphone that you want to reset.
- Click on the control labeled “Reset”.
- Examine the warning about resetting data and settings, and then confirm the operation.
In a few minutes the user will have a discarded Apple smartphone. You can recover data on it by logging into your AppleID.
Iphone 6s How to change the Iphone 6s passcode/password from 6 digits to 4 digits
Apple unlocking features
And if you have forgotten the password for “iPhone 6″, we will tell you how to unlock this device below. First, you should pay attention to the consequences of the actions taken.
There is nothing to worry about when you recover your AppleID password. In the course of the actions taken, the user will simply change the data for authorization in the “apple” account.
If we are talking about unlocking a smartphone with a forgotten lock screen password, you will have to face one unpleasant moment. resetting data on a mobile device. You can restore them from a backup or via AppleID.
Jailbreak and recovery
Forgot your iPhone 6 password? How to unlock a mobile phone in case of jailbreak? Some claim that this can be done by deleting the keychain.
Users must remove var / keychains or replace PasswordProtected with 0 in the document named com.Apple.springboard.plist.
Important! This trick stopped working with the release of iOS 4.0. With its release, changes in the system files turn into an irreversible blocking of the mobile phone.
Forgot your iPhone 5S password? How to unlock the corresponding device without losing data? This is problematic to do. You can reset your smartphone and then recover information via AppleID.
Another way to unlock an “apple” device. it is using recovery mode. First, the device is connected to a PC and iTunes, and then in the appropriate section of the recovery mode, you must select the “Restore” option and wait a little.
To enable recovery mode, you must:
- hold down the “Home” and “Power” buttons. on iPhone 6 and older devices;
- simultaneously hold down the “Volume Down” and “Power” buttons. for new “apple” devices.
There is nothing difficult or incomprehensible in the process. True, such a technique is encountered in practice as an exception. There are always simpler methods for solving the problem.
Third-party programs and lock screen
Home button not working? Forgot your iPhone 5S password? How to unlock the device in this case? You can cope with this task in any of the above ways, except for working in recovery mode. For example, through third-party specialized programs.
To unlock an “apple” device with a forgotten password from the lock screen, a utility called 4uKey is used. It is easy to learn and stable.
To use this application, you must adhere to the following algorithm of actions:
- Download and initialize the 4uKey program.
- Launch the corresponding application, and then connect the iPhone to the computer via a USB cable.
- Wait for the smartphone to sync with the computer.
- Agree with 4uKey’s suggestion to install the latest firmware. At this stage, you can select the location to save the firmware file.
- Click on the “Start” button.
All that now needs to be done. it’s a bit of a wait. Once the unlocking and password reset is complete, the system of the application in use will inform you about it. You can close 4uKey and disconnect your smartphone from your computer.
The data will be changed through the official website iCloud.com in the desktop version of the browser. Therefore, the procedure is as follows:
- Go to the iCloud.com website in your computer browser and log in with your Apple ID, on which you need to change the password;
- After authorization, click on the “Account Settings” tab;
- In the next window, click “Manage” under the Apple ID tab;
- You will be redirected to another page, where you will again need to specify the data from your account (log in again);
- In some cases, additional authentication is required, so a request may be sent to your smartphone with the same account. Confirm it and enter the verification code in the browser;
- In the “Security” tab, click “Change password”;
- Next, specify the old version, and come up with a new one, confirming it again, and then confirm the operation.
At this point, the procedure for changing the combination will be carried out and on your devices using the current Apple ID, you will need to authorize again.
This method involves changing the password also on your device, just not through the settings, but in the App Store, right in your account:
- Open the App Store on iPhone and click on the account in the upper right corner;
- Click on your account again to go to its settings. In some cases, you need to re-enter your Apple ID password, so enter it;
- In the next window you will be asked to go to a separate page to change your password. Click on it;
- If you use Touch ID or Face ID, you won’t have to enter your Apple ID password in the browser version. Just look at the screen or tap with your finger;
- Then click the “Security” item to go to the security settings;
- Here click on the item “Change password” and specify a new one.
This completes the process of changing the password for your account. Thus, you can change it at any time, even without having access to your smartphone.
Change your Apple ID password
An Apple ID account is required on every iOS smartphone. There are several ways to change it.
How to change password on iPhone
There are a lot of possibilities on modern devices, so phones are a thing that accompanies most of the users always and everywhere, because confidential information, photos, videos, messages and many other data are stored there. Confidentiality is very important in this case, therefore, on all smartphones, by default, you can set up a password for entering, there is a password when entering an account and other security measures.
And if you are reading this material, then you need to change the password on the iPhone. But what kind of password are we talking about? There are several sections that use their own login system in iOS, but we’ve covered all of them. Choose the option that you need and follow the steps step by step.
Change the lock screen password
The lock code, or, as it is also called, the security key, is used to prevent unauthorized persons if other persons take possession of your smartphones. They will not be able to unlock the iPhone without entering control characters. So, if you need to change the installed code, you can do this through the iPhone settings:
- Go to the “Settings” of your device and click on the item “Touch-ID and passcode“;
- Enter the lock code that is set on your phone. Entering this menu requires entering it;
- Scroll down the list until you find the item “Change password code”;
- Click on this item, specify the old code and enter the new one.
This completes the procedure for changing the lock code on the iPhone. But at the same time, your Touch ID will still use the same fingerprint, regardless of the code change.
iTunes is the official app from Apple, with which you can manage devices and purchases on them, as well as perform a large number of other operations, including changing your account password. And most importantly, you don’t have to connect your phone to do this. This is done like this:
- Open iTunes and click on “Account”;
- If you are already logged in, then click “View”, if not, then log in with your Apple ID and then go to this section;
- In some cases, additional password entry may be required, so specify it;
- The next window will display your account information. Here you need to click on the item “Change on the site”;
- You will be redirected to the Apple page where you will need to select your region. In our case, this is Russia;
- You will most likely need to log in again. After that you will be redirected to the page where you can click “Change password” and change it. This will be the same page as in the case of iCloud.
Via iPhone Settings
We are looking at the example of iOS 13, which is currently installed on most devices from Apple. If you have an earlier version of the operating system, then some menu items may differ slightly:
- Go to the “Settings” of your device and click on your account;
- Then click “Password and Security”;
- Here you need to click the “Change password” tab;
- If you had a lock code set, you will have to enter it before you change your Apple ID. Enter it;
- Enter a new combination, confirm it and save.
This completes the process of changing the password through the iPhone settings.
What passwords are on the iPhone?
At the moment, there are three types of passwords in the iPhone, namely:
- Apple ID account. When registering an account with Apple, you must specify a password, since without it you will not even be able to download the application in the App Store;
- Lock screen. Used when unlocking the device. It can be set as a simple code, consisting of 4-6 digits, and a complex one of various characters;
- Limitations. The password is set in the restrictions section, so you can block access to certain sites, for example, 18 or restrict the launch of certain applications.
Below we have considered for each case the possibility of changing the password on the iPhone, so if necessary, you can change it at any time.
Setting up a standard email client in iOS
As with any self-respecting smartphone (meaning iPhone) or tablet (iPad), there is already a preinstalled (you don’t need to download it) program for working with emails, we just have to correctly configure it.
Click on the “Mail” icon on your desktop or go to Settings. Mail, Addresses, Calendars. Add Account. The result will be the same. you will see a window like this:
If your email account belongs to one of the services (the whole is written about iCloud), which are indicated in the picture, then this is the easiest option. Click on the desired icon, enter your username and password, the operating system will do the rest for you.
But of course, postal services of such companies as Yandex are more common in Russia. well, probably Rambler. If you are one of the most people who use them, then manual configuration will be required.
In the same window as in the picture above, click “Other”. “New account” (first line), a form opens:
- Name. absolutely any, as you please.
- E-mail. directly the address of the e-mail box.
- Password. I think everything is clear, the password from the “email”.
- Description. additional information (personal, work, trash, etc.).
That’s all if you use @yandex or @mail (and derivatives from it. inbox, list, bk).
Setting up @Rambler (and others. lenta, autorambler, myrambler, ro.ru, r0.ru) will take a little tinkering. After entering the basic data (as written above), you will need to specify additional information:
- Incoming mail server. Node name. pop.rambler.ru
- The username and password are the details of your email account. Important! Specify the username in full, for example, [email protected]
- Outgoing mail server. Node name. smtp.rambler.ru
That’s it, now your iPhone or iPad (all settings are identical) is ready to receive emails using the standard Mail program.
Adding an account for Tut.by, Rambler, Yandex, etc. to the Mail application on iPhone / iPad
You can add a Tut.by or Rambler account to the standard iOS mail client “Mail” only by binding the server address. To do this, in the service selection window, click the “Other” item. In the menu that appears, enter your name, mail and password.
- . pop.
- Yandex. pop.yandex.ru
- Rambler. pop.rambler.ru
- Tut.by. pop.gmail.com
In the next line, enter your email and password from the mailbox. In the “Outgoing mail server” section, you must enter the following data:
- . smtp.:25
- Rambler. smtp.rambler.ru
- Tut.by. smtp.gmail.com
As a final step, in the last setting menu that appears, we indicate the sections that we want to synchronize with the mail service (contacts, calendars, etc.), save all the settings made and check the mail operation. If an error occurs in the mail service, try to repeat the whole procedure again. Perhaps you just missed something at one of the stages.
Also check that in the settings of your mail account, in the “outgoing mail” section, in the “primary server” item, SSL is enabled. If this does not help and mail continues to not work on your iPhone or iPad, then, in the same section, change the numerical value of the server port to 465 or 25.
Add a second email to iPhone
Very often, people start using not one, but several mails on the iPhone to achieve greater convenience. For example, one mail can be used for Twitch and YouTube mailings, for games and other entertainment industry. The other can be working and limited only to business letters and invitations. I think you understand the essence of the message, so let’s look at how to connect a second mail on the iPhone.
To get started, go to “Settings” and find the section “Accounts and Passwords” (the name may be different, depending on the version of iOS).
Select the “Add Account” tab.
Now, just repeat all the steps described in the previous step.
Important: the second mail will be located under the first one and in order to go to it, you will need to scroll down the page.
For this procedure, you will only need the device itself and account information:
- Incoming mail server: Hostname. imap.yandex.ru
- Outgoing mail server: Hostname. smtp.yandex.ru
To synchronize information, you must activate the sections “Post office” and “Notes”.
After completing the steps described above, Yandex.Mail on iPhone will be synced, configured, and ready to work. But sometimes these manipulations are not enough. the mail does not work or gives an error. In this case, you must do the following:
- Open up “Settings” devices and go to them to item “Accounts and Passwords” (on older versions of iOS it is called “Mail, addresses, calendars” ).
Select Yandex there, and then a custom account.
In section Outgoing mail server select the appropriate custom box SMTP (it should only be one).
The yandex.ru mailbox has already been linked by us, but it does not work yet. To “start” it, in the section “Primary server” click on smtp.yandex.com. if she is there.
In the cases where there are no mailboxes yet, select the item “Not configured”. In field “Hostname” write the address smtp.yandex.com.
Note: The Username field is marked as optional. This is partly true, but sometimes it is the absence of the information specified in it that causes problems with sending / receiving letters. In such cases, you need to enter the mailbox name there, but without the “@ yandex.ru” part, that is, if, for example, our email is [email protected], you only need to enter lumpics.
Save the entered information and click on smtp.yandex.com again.
Make sure item “Use SSL” activated, and in the field “Server port” written value 465.
But it so happens that mail does not work with this port number. If you have a similar problem, try writing the next value. 587. everything works well on it.
Now press “Done”. “Back” and go to the tab “Additionally”. located at the very bottom.
In section “Incoming settings” item must be activated “Use SSL” and the next server port is indicated. 993.
Now Yandex.Mail will definitely work fine. We will consider another option for setting it up on the iPhone.
Setting up Yandex.Mail on iPhone
There are several options for connecting this mail service, after which it will be possible to work with letters on a mobile device.
How to set up Yandex.Mail or another Russian-language mail service?
It is easier to add Yandex.Mail than other Russian-language service. The configuration is performed as follows:
Go to «Mail “And click on the option”Other “.
Proceed to the section “New account “.
Fill in the same fields as when installing Gmail.
Set up the synchronization of mail and notes. activate two toggle switches. Then click “Save “.
You don’t need to specify anything else. the Yandex mailbox will be added.
and everything is more complicated: after filling in the required fields, the application “Mail »Asks for the data of mail servers.
What is an Incoming Mail Server Hostname?
Outgoing mail server: hostname: smtp.rambler.ru; username: email address (eg [email protected]) ;; password: password from email.
How to set up mail updates on iPhone?
How to set up mail delivery (e-mail) on iPhone or iPad
- On iPhone or iPad, open Settings → Passwords & Accounts.
- Select the “Load Data” menu.
- Specify a Push, Sample, or Manual schedule for the required mailboxes. You will find a description of each mode below.
How to enable mail ru notifications on iPhone?
→ “Application operation” → “Notifications”. Click Enable. To change the sound, click “Notification Sound” and select the appropriate option.
How can I find out the password from the mailbox?
Hold down the left mouse button and select a line, then right-click on it and select “View Code” or “Explore Element”. A fragment of the element will be highlighted in blue in the opened console. Its name will be password, and the value will display the text version of the password, if the autocomplete function is enabled.
How to set up mail ru on iPhone?
How to set up mail on iPhone through the standard Mail app
- Open Settings and select the item “Mail, addresses, calendars”
- Click “Add Account”.
- Next, select the item “Other”.
- Feel free to click “New Account”
- In the window that appears, we fill in all the fields.
- In the window that appears, click “Save”
How to change mail password on iPhone?
Automatic email account setup
- Go to the “Settings” “Passwords and Accounts”.
- Click “Add Account” and select a mail service.
- Enter your email and password.
- Click “Next” and wait until the account is checked by the “Mail” application.
How to set up mail on iPhone IMAP?
How to set up mail on iPhone or iPad
- Open device settings and select Mail, addresses, calendars.
- Select Add Account.
- Select Other.
- Select New Account.
- Enter the details and click Next.
- 6.1 Specify the type of mailbox: IMAP or POP.
- Click the radio button next to the mail so that it turns green and click Save.
Where are saved passwords on iPhone?
How to view saved passwords for sites in Safari and apps on iPhone and iPad
- Go to Settings → Accounts and passwords → Passwords for programs and sites;
- Enter the screen lock number or touch the Touch ID of the device with your finger;
How to Reset iCloud on iPhone without Password?
If the account does not belong to you and you do not know the password, which happens when buying a handset, there are several ways to delete the account, in particular:
Last Chance to Reset iCloud on iPhone 5S
If the previous options do not work, then you will not be able to save your phone. The only exception is 5S or earlier models that have iOS version 7.0-7.0.6 installed, as it has a small loophole for deleting an entry.
On later ones, this will not work, but if you are still a happy owner of such a gadget, then follow the instructions to remove it:
- Go to the phone settings and go to the iCloud menu.
- Simultaneously press “Delete account” and the item “Find iPhone”.
- In the event that you pressed at the same time, a window will appear to confirm the action, where you will need to enter the password.
- We do not press anything, but simply hold down the lock button and turn off the phone.
- When turned on, the account will be deleted and you can connect a new one.
But this does not always work, and you can try a more complex option according to the following instruction:
- Go to settings, then iCloud.
- Click to delete the account, and then cancel the action.
- We go into the account, delete the password field and enter any one at our discretion. Confirm and exit.
- We repeat the second point.
- Next, go to your account, erase the value of the line description and click “Finish”.
- Again we press “Delete account” and now it should be deleted without asking for a password.
How to reset iCloud on iPhone?
In order to perform a reset, you will need to follow the following instructions:
- We take our gadget and go to “Settings”.
- Next “Apple ID”.
- Scroll down the page and click “Exit”.
- Next, you will need to confirm the action and enter the password for your account.
It is important to note that in order to reset iCloud on iPhone 4s and other models, you need to know the password from your Apple ID.
How to Reset iCloud on iPhone 5S, 4S, 6
One of the popular services on iPhone is iCloud cloud storage. How to reset iCloud on iPhone 5s and other models, for example, when reselling or transferring an iPhone to other hands. read our material.
For users of iPhone smartphones, a large number of useful services are provided, access to which is opened by an Apple ID account. But when transferring your gadget, in case of sale or for another reason, it becomes necessary to reset iCloud on iPhone 5s or another model. And you need to know how to do it.
How to reset if you forgot your password?
Now it’s worth considering how to reset iCloud on iPhone in case you don’t know the password. But note that this will help in the case when the phone, and, accordingly, the account belongs to you and the password was simply forgotten.
To do this, you need to restore access to the ID:
- We go to the site to log into your account and at the bottom we click to restore the password.
- Enter your email, to which the ID is linked.
- We are waiting for a letter from Apple and follow the instructions in it.
After recovering and activating the password, you can reset iCloud in accordance with the instructions that were given earlier.
Saving iPhone data before resetting your account
If you just change the Apple ID, but the device remains yours, then to save the files, you just need to transfer them from the iPhone cloud to the phone gallery and save there.
If you need to save data and reset iCloud on iPhone 6, then follow the instructions:
- Go to “Settings” and go to Apple ID.
- Next, go to iCloud, scroll down and find the item “Backup to iCloud”.
- Now we press “Create a backup” and wait for the end of the operation.
After that, a full reset of the phone is carried out with zeroing for transfer to the new owner. Log out of your account in accordance with the instructions provided earlier.
It is also worth completely resetting all data and settings to the factory settings, which is done as follows:
- In the settings, go to the “Basic” item.
- Next “Reset”.
- Select the item “Delete content and settings”.
- We confirm the action and wait.
Upon completion, you will have a completely clean phone with factory settings.