How to replace Apple ID on PC.
To find out the identifier, just go to the account page on the official website.
You must enter your username (your choice of phone or email) and password. After that, the site will ask for a six-digit code, which will be sent to the iPhone.
In the window that opens, there will be an account section. Click the “Edit” button to the right of it.
Above will be your ID. Scroll down the page to the contact details section. The box and phone number will be indicated here. A question mark is drawn in front of each. If you move the cursor to the question mark, it becomes clear what is the identifier.
Here you can add a new address or phone number by clicking “Add information”.
Click Change Apple ID. In the window that opens, enter a new ID.
How to change Apple ID.
Let’s take a look at all kinds of ways on how to change Apple ID on iPhone. Apple ID is an identifier of a personal account, which is mandatory if you use a device with the IOS operating system (IPhone, iPad, Mac). When connecting for the first time, the gadget will require you to enter this ID or create a new one. This account gives you the ability to save and move data, download paid and free applications, restore data in case of iPhone loss. It’s simple and convenient.
But what if you need to change the ID? “Why change it?”. you ask. There may be several reasons. Perhaps the most common is to change your current phone number or email address. Apple ID can be linked to either a phone number or email. And losing access to one or the other can have serious consequences. That is why, if necessary, it is better to immediately change the ID.
If the account is linked to iCloud mail.
In addition to ordinary e-mail boxes, there are also addresses ending in iclοud.com, me.cοm or mac.cοm. The peculiarity of identifiers with this ending is that they cannot be changed to another mailbox. ID replacement is allowed only within these addresses. You can change 12345@iCloud.com to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. The replacement procedure itself is identical to the method described above.
If Apple ID is linked to email.
Very often, email is chosen as the identifier. Any mailbox that you have access to will do. It will receive notifications about any actions performed with the account, be it a purchase, a password change or an attempt to enter from an unusual place. You can change your Apple ID to any other email address as follows:
How To Change Apple ID Email On ANY iPhone!
- Here you will see the “Contact Information” section. It contains an Apple ID. Click the “Change” button. After that, you will be able to add new email addresses and phone numbers, as well as change the ID.
- After changing the ID, you need to confirm the new email address. A verification code will be sent to the specified mail, which will need to be entered to complete the shift.
- After that, you will need to re-enter the system on the iPhone, indicating the already new data.
If Apple ID is linked to a phone number.
In this case, you can change your ID in two ways: from a PC and from a device.
To change ID from PC:
1.Log into your account on the official website
2.Click “Change Apple ID” and enter a new number.
3.A verification code will be sent to the specified number, which must be entered to confirm the phone.
- After verification, your number will be changed to a new one.
- Log in with a new account on the IPhone.
To change ID from IPhone:
How to Change Apple ID on iPhone or iPad
- Go to “Settings”
- Select the line “Name, phone numbers, e-mail”.
- Click the “Edit” button in the contact section.
- Select the line with the ID and click “Delete”, and then continue.
- Enter new number.
- A verification code will be sent to it. Enter this code.
- Log in with a new account on the IPhone using the updated data.
iPhone may not require a verification code in two cases. If it was previously linked to an account, but was not an ID. If you have the latest software installed that allows you to check the trusted number in the background.
Configuring iCloud Settings on iPhone
You can either change iCloud on iPhone 6 plus and other models, or customize it. At the same time, for its correct operation, it is necessary that the phone meets the minimum system requirements, which can be found on the official website.
Next, you should make sure that the device has the latest version of the operating system. This is done through the phone settings. The option “Basic” is selected, where the update of the operating system is confirmed. If the latest software is installed on the smartphone, this will be confirmed by the notification that opens. And the installation of the new version will begin, if it has not been done before.
Advice! You can set up one account on several Apple devices to synchronize data.
Linking new icloud data to iPhone instead of old
In the case when the internal mail address was used when logging into the account, it will not be possible for third parties to change it. If you need to replace it with an authorized version, you will need to go to your account page and click the edit function. A window of contact information will open with a pseudonym for entering the record, where you can enter a new mail.
The same result can be achieved in the following way:
- Visit the AppleID page on the official website and enter your login information on it.
- Select the “Change” function in your account settings.
- Next to your Apple ID, choose to edit it.
- Enter a new email address and click on “Continue”.
Advice! If you plan to change the mail created in the last month, the system may prompt you to perform this action later.
To confirm the new ID, a letter with a verification code is sent to it. It should be entered into the body of the corresponding field on the phone, after which the identifier will be updated.
Some personal information may change over the course of using the iPhone. On devices with iOS 10.3 and higher, you can change them according to the following instructions.
- Go to settings, select “Email”, “Name” or “Phone number”.
- Click “Change” next to the option “Contact information”.
- Enter new data and confirm your actions by clicking on “Next”.
Important! The next time you log into your account, you can forget about the old data. You only need a new username and password.
How to change iCloud on iPhone. instructions for changing account
The question of how to change iCloud to iPhone may not bother users for a long time. The phone works as usual, no problems arise, so why delve into its settings? In reality, there are many reasons for replacing iCloud, as well as ways to do it.
How to Change iCloud to iPhone for Security
Before changing the iPhone iCloud, you need to know in what cases it needs to be done. And there may be several of them:
- Before selling your iPhone se, 6s and other models.
- If your iCloud password or your Apple ID has become known to third parties.
- Planning to purchase a new or used phone.
- If there is a desire to change something or start life from scratch.
Important! The proposed method is relevant only for those who know their old password from icloud.
Changing the icloud is the most preferable to improve the security of your phone, as it is tied to the functions “Find iPhone“, iCloud Drive, backups and many others.
To replace it, you must follow the points:
- Go to iPhone Settings.
- Among all the options, find iCloud and go into it.
- Go down to the bottom of the screen and click “Exit”.
- A warning will appear stating that when you exit, all photos stored on the icloud will be deleted from the phone. Do not panic, they will all be in the cloud and you can access them on the official iCloud website. Therefore, we must agree and follow on.
- A second warning appears that notes from the icloud will be deleted from the phone. This is worth considering for those people who actively use notes and have not synchronized them with a PC or the cloud. It is also worth remembering here that access to them will always be open through the site.
- Next, you need to decide what to do with contacts, calendars, reminders and other data. It is best to leave them on your phone.
- A window for entering a password from the old icloud opens. Lead him.
- The final step is to enter a new username and password for your account.
How to change iCloud on iPhone
If several devices are linked by the same account, or if there is another reason to change iCloud, there are several steps to go through. Namely:
- Go to phone settings, find iCloud option.
- Go to the bottom of the page where the exit button will be. Click on it and confirm your action.
- This is followed by the question of what to do with the available data. If you are not worried about this before changing to iPhone iCloud, you can select the option “Leave on device”.
- Enter the password of the previous entry.
- Go to the phone settings, find the iCloud option, and then enter the new data.
Advice! If the procedure is carried out on smartphones with the operating system iOS 7 and below, you need to know that instead of logging out, you choose to delete the account.
How to Change iCloud on iPhone Before Selling
Before the iPhone goes to the new owner, you need to erase your personal information from it.
Advice! Do not manually delete contacts, photos, or other files when you are not logged out of your account. This will lead to their final loss.
Pre-sale preparation of the phone implies the following actions related to icloud.
- If your phone pairs with Apple Watch, you need to unpair it.
- Back up your data.
- Exit icloud, app store and iTunes.
- Return to settings, find General. Reset. Erase content. If the “Find iPhone” function is activated, you may need to enter an additional username and password from the account.
- If you do not plan to continue using Apple technology, you should deregister in iMessage.
- Contact the operator in order to transfer the rights of services to the new owner of the phone.
How to change iCloud account on macOS
Often questions arise not only how to change iCloud on the iPhone, but also how to do it on macOS. First of all, you should make sure that your computer has the latest version of the operating system. To do this, go to the Apple menu, select the “About This Mac” option and only then click on the “Software Update” button.
If your computer has a version of Mojave or lower, then to check for an update, you must select the App Store button. After being logged in, the icloud function is automatically activated.
To check the settings on macOS, the user will need to visit the system settings and only then click on the Apple ID button. If your computer supports Mojave or an earlier version of the operating system, select “iCloud” to click. After this step, the user can opt for iCloud Drive, notes, photos or third-party programs in order for them to enter iCloud.
Thinking about changing or leaving icloud is before selling the iPhone, in order to increase the security of personal data, as well as to disconnect the network from several devices. In fact, there can be many more reasons, so every Apple user should know how to do this. The procedure does not take much time, and when studying the instructions and recommendations it will seem quite simple.
Using a computer
There are several options for changing your ID. You can change it using a Windows and Mac OS X computer or, for example, using a tablet. To do this, you just need to go to the Apple ID management page, and then go through the authorization procedure, specifying your existing ID and password.
After that, you will see the item “Manage name, ID and e-mail address”, where opposite the line “Apple ID and main e-mail” you just need to click “Change”. Now you just need to enter your new email. A link will be sent to the specified address to confirm the changes. The Apple ID on your iPhone will be changed as soon as you navigate to it.
If you chose iTunes to change data, then you need to launch the program and go to the “Store” section. On the left side of the screen, find the “Login” item. Then go through the authorization procedure. After clicking the button with your Apple ID, a menu will appear where you need to select the “Account” item.
Next, on the “Account Information” page, click on the “Edit” section, and then enter a new email address in the appropriate field. After clicking “Finish”, an email will be sent to the specified address, in which the link will be posted, for confirmation.
Change your Apple ID
Apple ID is an account that allows iPhone owners to access a variety of company resources. It may be needed by iPhone users in a wide variety of situations: for purchases in the iTunes Store, App Store, when using iCloud, and much more.
The need to change the identifier may arise, for example, in the case of a hand-held phone purchase. You can change Apple ID only if you use a mailbox that was registered with Yandex mail or similar sites as an identifier. If the mail ends with @ iCloud.com, @ maс.com or @ me.сom, then, unfortunately, you cannot change it.
Change data via iPhone
You can also use the App Store app on your iPhone to change your Apple ID. After completing the authorization procedure, find the “Apple ID:” Your ID “button in the menu. After that, on the “Account” page, click on the line with the current record and just enter a new mailing address.
Click Finish to complete. The e-mail, as in the previous cases, will receive a letter with a link. After clicking on it, the changes will be able to take effect.
Change iPhone account
Here, in the iPhone Settings, you can create a new account to change the old one. To do this, you need to log out of the current account (the third screenshot in the image above, the link “Log out”), and then select “Create a new Apple ID”, then follow the instructions. To register another account, you will need to specify a new mailbox, country, password, date of birth and security questions.
Security questions are designed to keep your iPhone data safe. In the future, this will prevent any attempts to change the password or any other information. So when you come up with security questions, try to make them more difficult. When you fill in the details and come up with questions, include your credit card information. This completes the registration procedure.
Regardless of which method of changing data you choose, you should be very careful when entering a new email address. If you make even the slightest mistake while typing, you won’t be able to get the link, and therefore won’t be able to confirm your changes. In this case, the old identifier will no longer work, and you will not be able to access the new one. Then, access to the account will be simply blocked.
And finally, a couple of videos to consolidate the material:
Do not forget to read the comments, there is also a lot of useful information. If there is no answer to your question, and there is an answer to later comments, then the answer to your question is contained in the article, respect someone else’s time.