3 ways. how to recover deleted contacts on iPhone
Sooner or later, every iPhone owner cleans his device, formats or simply deletes unnecessary things. But, very often, along with the garbage from the iPhone, the necessary files, photos, music, videos or contacts can be deleted. Therefore, in order not to worry about losing them, you need to know how to restore contacts on iPhone.
For this, the most effective and simple ways to restore contacts were collected. Each of them does not lead to loss of warranty, does not require special knowledge and will not take more than a few minutes. over, the first two methods are presented by Apple itself and use the official utilities and services of the company. Therefore, check out all and choose the best one. It won’t take more than five minutes.
Recover Contacts on iPhone via UltData
If you have not synced iPhone via iTunes and have not made any backups in the cloud storage iCloud, then you can restore contacts only using utilities for recovering deleted files. The easiest to use and most reliable is UltData from a major developer of utilities for the iPhone. Tenorshare.
In order to recover deleted contacts on iPhone just follow the instructions:
Connect your iPhone to your computer while it is on and run the UltData utility on your computer.
For the utility to detect the device, you must confirm that you trust the computer by clicking on the appropriate option.
After that, your smartphone will be identified, and you can choose which data you need to recover. Leave a tick only in front of the “contacts” field.
Click on the “Scan” button at the bottom.
During the scanning process, the application will display all the contacts that can be restored, and you can select only the ones you need. After you have chosen, click on the “restore” button and upon completion of the process they will be on your smartphone.
Tenorshare UltData utility can recover a large list of files. It can be downloaded from the developer’s official website. The application is completely safe for your smartphone and does not void the warranty. It, as you can see from the instructions, does not require additional knowledge or skills. It is also important that a free trial version of the app is available with somewhat limited features.
How to Download Contacts to iPhone via iTunes
Recovering deleted contacts via iTunes is a way for those who do not use cloud storage and often use this utility. The key point is the previous sync. Therefore, if you have not yet installed iTunes or reinstalled it after deleting all files, then most likely this method will not work for you. The recovery itself occurs through the synchronization of contacts.
Connect your iPhone while it is powered on to your computer and launch iTunes.
Wait for the sync to complete or terminate it manually.
Go to the info section in the tab with your iPhone.
Check if the function of syncing contacts between your devices and iTunes is turned on. The feature should be enabled by default. It allows you to save contacts not only on your iPhone, but also on your computer and your other devices. If the function was turned off, then most likely the contacts were not saved.
In addition to iTunes itself, you can use backups. If all the necessary files and contacts are in the last copy, then you can simply recover from it.
The iTunes utility itself is the official Apple application for working with all brand portable devices of any version. The utility works on any Windows starting from 7, as well as on MAC computers. The application is completely free and available for download in the Russian version on the official Apple website.
At the moment, the use of iTunes fades into the background, since the emergence of high-speed stable mobile Internet allows the use of cloud storage for synchronization and data recovery.
How to Recover Contacts on iPhone via iCloud
Recovering contacts on your phone via iCloud is the easiest method. In order for deleted contacts to be restored, you just need to turn on sync with iCloud and then restore only contacts.
Go to your iPhone’s settings.
How to Recover Deleted Contacts from iPhone (3 Ways)
Go to the iCloud section. If you have iOS 10.2 or earlier, then go first to the section with your name or phone name, and already in it to the iCloud tab.
In the iCloud tab, make sure the switch next to the contacts section is turned on. In this case, if there is a mobile Internet and Wi-Fi connection, the smartphone will automatically save contacts in the cloud storage. If this item was turned off, then the contacts were not saved in the cloud storage and you can restore them only using the third method.
ICloud cloud storage is a universal storage for backups, contacts, photos and other media files. It is the official repository from Apple and is designed specifically for use with Apple mobile devices.
iCloud is easy to use and highly protected against loss and unauthorized access. Thus, all your data on iCloud will be completely safe. In addition, the storage allows you to create backups of the system and gives access to them anywhere in the world where there is Internet.
It is very easy to recover deleted contacts on iPhone. Especially if you sync them regularly via iTunes or use iCloud all the time. In this case, it is enough to simply synchronize or restore from a backup, so that all the data is returned to your smartphone. Everything is simple and convenient.
If you rarely or do not use the iCloud cloud service at all, and have not installed or synchronized contacts via iTunes, then in this case, only recovering contacts using the recover deleted data utilities will help. The easiest to use and most versatile is Tenorshare UltData or Tenorshare UltData. This utility is available on the official website of the Tenorshare developer in the full version or free with several limited features.
The features of the utility are data recovery in a few clicks and the ability to recover any necessary data if it has not yet been overwritten. Also, the choice of which data to restore allows you to avoid cluttering your smartphone.
In addition to UltData, the developer Tenorshare also produces other utilities for working with the iPhone. They allow, without using iTunes or other services, to update the iPhone in a few clicks, fix critical errors, roll back or move all data from one device to another. All applications are available for download on the official Tenorshare website.
Restore contacts from iTunes backup
In order to recover information from iPhone using iTunes, you need to have backups of the system made in advance. To make sure that you have created copies, check them through the menu “Settings”. “Devices”. The file name must match the Name of your lost device, and the date must be as recent as possible.
Unfortunately, you cannot use the saved copy directly from iTunes, but you can use any of the many programs that allow you to work with copies of the iPhone system. For example: “iPhoneBackupExtractor” or “iBackupViewer”. They also allow you to export your contact list as vcf files. You can work with these files directly or import them into your Google account contacts list.
You can watch a detailed algorithm for working with programs in the video below or read in a separate article. So very soon you will be convinced that it is not difficult to recover information from the iPhone, if, of course, you took care of creating a copy of the system in advance).
Do not forget to read the comments, there is also a lot of useful information. If there is no answer to your question, and there is an answer to later comments, then the answer to your question is contained in the article, respect someone else‘s time.
But what if there is no second Apple device on hand, but there is, for example, an Android phone or just a computer? If so, use the iCloud web interface. In the window that opens, enter your authorization data and after a successful login, select the “Contacts” folder.
Next, select in Settings (1) click “Select all” (2) and then click “Export vCard” (3), choosing the download location on your computer and saving the file.
After all your contacts are saved on your PC, you can transfer them to your Android device, either simply send them by mail or view them directly on your computer.
If for some reason iCloud copying is not available to you, for example, you run out of space in the cloud or was disabled in Settings, you can use another method to restore contacts.
Delete all or multiple messages in Viber on iPhone
Restore to iPhone
Everything is simple here, initially setting up another iPhone you will be able to restore data from an existing copy of iClod and, looking ahead, from an existing copy of iTunes. Depending on what is more affordable for you at the moment and your choice will depend.
After completing the procedure, you will receive on another iPhone an exact copy of your system from the date of the last backup, including your contacts. If this is a relevant method for you, then with an article on transferring contacts from iPhone to iPhone, which will devote you to all the intricacies.
If you do not need such a global procedure and only a list of the contacts themselves will be enough
IF YOU WERE NOT BACKUP ON YOUR LOST iPhone, IS IT POSSIBLE TO RESTORE PHOTOS AND CONTACTS ON THE NEW iPhone?
when logging into iCloud, I can not bypass Two-Factor Authentication because it writes A message with a verification code has been sent to your devices. Enter the code to continue. iPhone lost number restored I use android on it for some reason this code does not come
but where is it all there? after he writes that you will find out the solution in 24 hours?
Hello, tell me please, the phone was stolen, after which it was set to lost mode, now I want to transfer my photos and Contacts to a new phone via iCloud, the question is, can I do it in lost mode, and if so, will they be saved on the stolen phone?
I did everything as it was written to restore contacts, I open the saved “cards” all the names are unreadable, some hieroglyphs, what I did wrong?
I go to the iCloud website, I write that it does not support, I click in more detail, enter my Apple ID and the password, I get into the account, but there is no contacts section, what should I do? I go from android as there is no computer
Solving problems with receiving messages on iPhone
Recover Lost iPhone Contacts
None of us is safe from the loss or theft of our beloved device. There is a problem not only with the physical loss of the device, but also with the loss of valuable information and contacts from it. What to do if it is impossible to return the iPhone, and you need data from it for work or communication with loved ones.
There are only a few ways to recover your address book. Any of them implies that your contacts were saved (there is an archive copy) by one of the alternative ways, which in our case can be iCloud, backup to iTunes, synchronization of contacts with Google or a similar service.
We will not consider extracting contacts using the last method, since you can familiarize yourself with it at the above link, but we will proceed to consider the other two methods.
Using cloud storage
The easiest way. Suitable if iPad turns on but glitches after an unsuccessful update or attempt to obtain superuser rights.
You can restore a device by rolling back its system via iCloud from a backup. But Honor has it that this is possible if such a function is enabled on the tablet.
- Go to “Basic”, where you need to find “Reset”.
- Erase all data and parameters by clicking on the corresponding button. If you need a password, enter.
- Press “Erase” to confirm.
- Activation will start, and then you will be prompted to restore the iPad by setting up the device from backup or through iTunes. Need a second way.
When the system rolls back, you will need to activate your Apple ID account, set up location and desktop OS applications.
Ways to resuscitate iPad
Apple gadgets have recovery tools that let you reanimate your tablet even if it doesn’t start at all.
What is iPad Recovery
This is a special mode for flashing the tablet. It does not touch basic system data, but it checks the files for integrity and restores them. The mode resets the settings of the operating system (abbreviated. OS), updates it and makes the necessary changes.
If iPad freezes, apps crash, or stops turning on, it’s often a software glitch. This could happen after updating iOS or obtaining ROOT rights. In this case, the easiest way out is to restore the tablet.
How to Restore iPad: 3 Best Ways
If Apple’s tablet slows down and often reboots for no reason, you can try to fix the situation by restoring. The methods described in the article are suitable for iPads mini 4 and 5, Air, Pro and older versions of the device.
IPad Recovery via iTunes
iPad won’t start? ICloud won’t help here. The cloud will not be useful if the user did not enable backup. In this case, iTunes will come to the rescue. It can be used to restore the device. It is only necessary for Honor, that if there is no backup, then the data from the tablet will be completely erased.
How to restore iPad without iTunes
Besides setting up your gadget using a cloud backup, there is another good way to do it without iTunes. DFU mode. This method will help even if the tablet won’t start. For these purposes, you will need a special utility. It is available on the official website for free.
Important! Quit iTunes so that the application does not interfere with the software.
How to restore a device:
On the main screen, find “Repair” and click on this item.
Click on “Start”. the utility will start searching for the gadget.
If she does not recognize it, you need to click “Device is connected but not recognized”.
Press the power key and the Home button for 10 seconds, and then continue to hold only “Home” until the program sees the iPad.
Click “Next”, then “Download”. The software will start loading the firmware suitable for the user’s tablet. You will need it for recovery.
When the download is finished, click on “Fix Now”. Make sure that “Retain native data” is checked. This is necessary so that the data is not deleted in the process.
These methods will help you fix the problem. But if they did not work, perhaps the problem is much deeper, and you cannot do without a service center.
How to Recover Contacts on iPhone via iCloud
Often, mobile phone users are faced with the fact that they need to transfer their contacts from the memory of a SIM card or SD drive. Owners of iPhones and iPads also need to restore their contact list from the iCloud service. This usually happens if a person bought a new gadget or accidentally performed a full reset of the device to factory settings. As a result, several questions arise at once. how to restore contacts on the iPhone, what methods exist, and how does backup differ on old and new models.
How to Recover Contacts on iPhone 6
This model is almost no different from the iPhone 5 in terms of backing up calendar, notes and people contacts. You can use this method:
- Go to the “Settings” of the phone.
- Select your “Apple ID” account at the very top.
- Go to your synced iCloud account.
- Enable the slider called “Contacts” in the active position, if it was inactive.
- Wait for full synchronization and restoration of backups.
Data may have disappeared due to lack of sync with iCloud
Why contacts on iPhone have flown
Contacts on the phone could go down for several reasons. Firstly, a person could intentionally or accidentally delete all contacts. Also, if there was a reset of the smartphone settings, then all data could be completely deleted, and the settings could be returned to the factory values.
Sometimes users transfer their Apple ID accounts to relatives so that they do not bother creating new accounts. Then the person begins to delete unnecessary data for him, and the phone connected to the Internet via a cellular connection or a wireless Wi-Fi network begins to make these changes to iCloud, which transfers them to all devices with the same Apple ID.
Important! You can never delete contact records from the iPhone itself if it is connected to the cloud storage and synchronized with it. This is fraught with loss of data without the possibility of recovering it.
Get back the data that was saved. easy
Recover Deleted Phone Numbers on Modern iPhone Models
Transferring backups of data from the cloud storage to iPhone X, XS, XR models is practically no different. Modern gadgets make it easier and faster due to their performance and support for high-speed Internet. In general, you need to log into iCloud and go to your contacts list to find out if you can restore anything. If there are copies and they are up-to-date, then through the “Settings” of the gadget this procedure is performed similarly to the previous ones.
Contacts can be lost due to careless user actions
What to do if there is no iCloud or computer backup
Sometimes it happens that not only contacts have disappeared on the iPhone, but they are not in the apple storage either. This could happen due to the lack of synchronization or deletion of records directly from the phone. Fortunately, there are a couple more ways to save backups.
How to Recover Contacts on iPhone
The first step is to check the records in the iCloud service. This can be done by visiting the official iCloud.com website from a personal computer. You must use your Apple ID to sign in. A list of all synchronized contacts will be located in the corresponding section “Contacts”. If you wish, you can add new entries to this section by clicking on the button with the “” sign. They will be transferred to the device after synchronization.
You cannot manage phonebook entries from iTunes
The second step is to go to the default settings. To complete it, you need to go to the “Settings” application on your iPhone or iPad device and select the section called “Apple ID”. Through it, the transition to the iCloud service is carried out and subsequent authorization using a single account.
Important! If the user has already been authorized and the “Contacts” switch is activated, then you should deactivate it. Immediately after that, a message will appear asking you to save contacts or delete them.
If the switch of the “Contacts” block is off, then go to the third step. It is necessary to activate the toggle switch and select the “Combine contacts” item in the pop-up window. This is done so that the records already existing on the phone are combined with contacts from the service. After that, the download of data from icloud will begin and in a few minutes all the information will be in the phone.
Contact information can be recovered in various ways
Recovery via SIM card
Some people ask: is it possible to recover deleted contacts on the iPhone using a SIM card. The answer is yes. To import phonebook entries from your SIM card, you need to:
- Correctly install the chip in the card reader.
- Turn on the phone or unlock it.
- Go to “Settings”, then “Contacts”.
- In the application menu, select the item “Import contacts from a SIM card”.
- Wait for the end of the process.
- Extract or leave a SIM card at will.
- Make sure that all data from the phone book has been successfully transferred.
- Back them up to iCloud.
How to recover contacts deleted from phone or SIM card
Yesterday I wrote about how, when trying to delete contacts from a SIM card, I inadvertently deleted all phone contacts. It’s time to tell you what I did to try to recover deleted contacts. I hope you find this information useful in the future. But it’s better not to come in handy.
Restoring a backup
Imagine that you have lost your phone. In this case, all your contacts will sink into oblivion. Therefore, you need to regularly back up your data. You can save this data to your computer, you can. to the cloud storage.
I didn’t have a backup. Rather, there are copies that I made on an old Nokia phone. But the “old woman” went to the sea last summer and now does not turn on. In principle, this data can be restored, but it takes time and, possibly, paid services of specialists will be required.
Recover contacts from Google account
Many people save contacts not in the SIM card or in the phone memory, but in Google. If I did that, I would restore contacts from my Google account. The instructions can be found here. In my case, I was able to recover only seven phone numbers.
Recover deleted contacts using special programs
There are programs for PC, there are mobile applications. I installed three of the most popular mobile apps on my smartphone, but as expected, nothing came of it.
After that I found a hacked version of Data Doctor Recovery. SIM Card 18.104.22.168. It allows you to recover information from SIM cards. To do this, you need a SIM card reader. I had one. Air Tone AT-ZW04. Alas, nothing too. I did not get access to the SIM card. the program was closing with an error. A newer hacked version could not be found.
There is a chance that specialists with the right software and “correct” card readers will be able to recover deleted contacts. But this is the time. And money. over, considerable.
Find contacts in drilldown
Go to your mobile operator’s personal account and request details of calls and SMS for the last months. Unfortunately, this will only give you digital numbers without reference to names. But this is at least something.
How I Recovered Deleted Numbers
The first method did not work for me. The second one too, since I did not save my contacts to Google. The third turned out to be useless. I didn’t want to go to the fourth one. I feel sorry for the money and there is no 100% probability of success. I was about to turn to the fifth method, but suddenly I remembered about Viber. It also binds to your phone contacts. Indeed, there were about a hundred numbers in Viber. However, I still lost the short numbers. But this is not critical.
Unfortunately, you cannot export the list, you had to copy them to your notebook manually and later manually enter them into the phone book in your smartphone. At the same time, I saved only a third of the numbers I needed. The rest were not needed.
The main thing is to copy the numbers as quickly as possible. A few hours later, the planned synchronization of contacts took place and the list in Viber turned out to be empty, since the list of contacts in the smartphone was clean.
Note. In fact, this is an incomplete list of ways to restore contacts. We also advise you to read the article “Recovering deleted numbers from a SIM card” on the Softdroid website. Some of the methods mentioned here are described in more detail.
How to Recover Deleted Contacts on iPhone (from Backup, from iCloud, from Windows Contacts and Mac OS X)
How to recover contacts on iPhone if you deleted them by accident or by mistake? Recovering deleted contacts is quite simple and does not require any special skills. Today we will describe 4 ways to restore iPhone contacts: from backup, via iTunes and iCloud.
We already talked about how to create a contact on iPhone and how to import them into the iOS address book, and you could see that it is not so easy to permanently delete a contact. In most cases, with proper iPhone and iCloud setup, deleted contact can be recovered effortlessly.
Recover deleted contacts via re-sync with iCloud
The essence of the method is to turn off the sync of contacts with iCloud in the iPhone settings, while leaving the contacts on the iPhone (select the appropriate item) and re-enable sync.
- We will assume that immediately after deleting a contact, you disconnected the iPhone from the Internet via Wi-Fi, then iCloud will not make changes to the address book.
- On iPhone, go to Settings. iCloud and turn the “Contacts” switch to the “Disabled” position.
- In the menu that appears, “What do you want to do with previously synced items: iCloud contacts on iPhone”, select “Leave on iPhone”.
- Turn on W-Fi, connect your iPhone to the Internet, and slide the “Contacts” switch to Settings. iCloud to On.
- In the menu that appears “Your contacts will be merged with iCloud”, tap on “Merge”.
- After 2-3 minutes, check the phone book on the iPhone for the presence of a previously deleted entry.
You can still extract contacts from an iPhone backup without restoring it. For this, there is a special software (programs) that allows you to extract data from backups created in iTunes.
Extract contacts from iPhone backup using iBackupBot
Today we will consider the question: “How to export (unload) contacts deleted from the iPhone from a previously created backup?”.
- Install the trial version of iBackupBot, it is enough to recover deleted contacts.
- Launch iBackupBot. The program will recognize the backups saved in the iTunes backup storage, this will take some time.
- The main window of the program will display information about the backup, and the name of the device, iOS version, phone number, serial number of the device, unique identifier and IMEI.
- In the “What’s In Backup” section, information about the location of the backup file and the date of its creation will be displayed. Developers recommend creating a duplicate iPhone backup before making changes to an existing one.
- In the “Bakcups” window, left-click the desired backup.
- From the File menu, select Duplicate and select a location on your local drive to save the duplicate. You can create a duplicate from the context menu called by the right mouse button on the name of the backup in the “Backups” window or by clicking on the corresponding shortcut in the Program Toolbar.
- In the “Bakcups” window, select the backup from which you want to restore contacts and in the main window, click on “Contacts” in the “What’s In Backup” section.
- In the main window of the program, a list of contacts stored in the backup copy will be displayed, you can select the required entry and the contact information from the entry will be displayed to the right of the list.
- On the Contacts tab, next to the Export icon in the toolbar, click the down arrow on the image. A context menu will appear with a choice of the file export format. If you click on any entry in the contact list with the right mouse button, a similar menu will appear.
- Select “Export as vCard file”.
- On the registration request page, click Cancel. The free version allows you to extract contacts from the backup without restrictions.
- Select the location where you want to save the vcf file on your hard disk and click “Save”.
- VCard file with all contacts in iPhone backup will be exported to your computer hard drive.
- The program can extract each contact from the address book into a separate file and save them on your hard drive. To do this, in the export format selection menu, select “Export as multiple vCard file”.
- The resulting files can be downloaded to Windows Contacts or Mac OS X and sync iPhone and computer in iTunes. All contacts that are not on the iPhone, but are in Windows Contacts will be transferred to the iPhone phone book.
Ways to Recover Deleted Contacts on iPhone
- restore from iTunes backup;
- recovery from Windows Contacts, Mac OS X or Microsoft Outlook (depending on the method of syncing contacts in iTunes);
- re-syncing with iCloud;
- extract iPhone contacts from backup using iBackupBot and iPhone Backup Extractor.
Recover from Contacts to iCloud, Windows, Mac OS X or Microsoft Outlook
Contacts applications for Windows, Mac OS X and Microsoft Outlook allow you to unload (export) entries from the address book saved on your computer or on the iCloud server to the vCard format, which is fully supported by the iPhone. So, having a contact in vCard (file with the.vcf extension), you can download (import) it to Contacts on iPhone.
In the instruction “iPhone Contacts: Create, Import, Synchronize and Delete Contacts on iPhone” we have already talked about how to download the address book from Windows Contacts to iPhone and today we will restore a contact deleted from iPhone from the Windows Contacts application.
- On a Windows-based computer in Explorer or any other file manager, go to the path: \ Users \ (username) \ Contacts \ and select the contact you want to restore.
- In the navigation menu, click on “Export” and select the format “Business cards (folder with.vcf files)” and click “Export”.
- Select the folder where you want to save the contact in vCard format and click “OK”. The entry from the Windows Contacts address book will be extracted to the folder you specified.
- Email the exported file to iPhone.
- On iPhone, open the.vcf file received in the letter and tap on “Create new contact”.
The entry exported from Windows Contacts will be written to your iPhone’s phone book. For the Contacts applications in Mac OS X, the procedure is completely identical and there is no point in describing it again.
If the synchronization of contacts in iTunes is configured with Microsoft Outlook, the procedure for exporting a contact differs only in the location of the “Export” item in the main program menu. “File”. Export recordings in vCard format.
Recall if on your iPhone in Settings. iCloud is enabled for syncing contacts with Apple cloud storage, every time you connect to the Internet via Wi-Fi, iPhone content is synchronized with your Apple ID account in iCloud.
What to do if you deleted one, several or all contacts on iPhone?
Disconnect your Mac and iPhone from the internet first. This will avoid synchronous deletion of contacts from your address book in iCloud as a result of automatic syncing.
Export contacts from iCloud
- Go to the Contacts web app.
- Select the contact deleted from the iPhone and in the lower left corner click on the gear image “Show action menu”.
- On the action menu, click on “Export vCard”. The selected contact will be exported to a file and will become available in the downloads folder on your computer’s hard drive.
The downloaded file can be sent by email (as an attachment to the letter) on the iPhone, open it from the device and create a new contact instead of the deleted one.
How to check if there are contacts in iCloud without iPhone?
It’s very simple to do this. open iCloud.com on any computer, enter your Apple ID account information and go to the Contacts web application.
In the browser version of the iCloud service, you can edit the address book, import and export contacts, restore saved archive copies.
Lost contacts on iPhone: main reasons and how to recover
Each of us remembers the times when the theft or loss of a mobile phone created many problems, one of which was the restoration of the list of important contacts. Many even got special notebooks and transferred numbers onto paper by hand. Today, the synchronization of the contact list in smartphones of any manufacturer is performed automatically, but some users still manage to clean the address book without the possibility of recovery.
Contacts disappeared after flashing (restoring software), factory reset, or iPhone repair
If the subsequent entry of the Apple ID in the iCloud section does not download contacts, then it will be impossible to restore them.
Why did it happen. Contacts were entered manually without syncing with iCloud. If synchronization with iCloud is not performed, then after reflashing the iPhone through recovery or in the event of a device breakdown, all contacts will be irretrievably lost.
Some (or all) contacts disappeared after actions with a Gmail account or another service
Why did it happen. Another common problem is when the user activates the synchronization of the contact list not only with iCloud, but also with other services (usually Gmail). This creates confusion. some of the contacts are saved in iCloud, and the other part, for example, in Gmail.
You can check for double sync by going to Settings → Passwords & Accounts. Here, select the account you need and make sure that the switch opposite the Contacts item is in the inactive position.
If synchronizing contacts via Gmail or another service is preferable (not recommended), then you should check the box next to the corresponding item in the Settings → Contacts → Accounts menu. default entries.
Some (or all) contacts are missing after transferring Apple ID or iPhone to a third party
Why did it happen. It often happens that a user transfers their Apple ID or iPhone to a new owner, for example, a relative, without bothering to create a new Apple ID. Say, why does a 60-year-old mother or an 8-year-old Chery need their own account? However, then the new user begins to delete unnecessary contacts and add their own, the iPhone “catches” home Wi-Fi and synchronizes the changes made with iCloud, thereby making changes to all devices associated with this Apple ID.
ATTENTION. Never delete contacts from the Phone app on iPhone while signed in to iCloud.
Where phone numbers are transferred from the phone
If not all contacts are displayed on iPhone, chances are the owner accidentally deleted some of them. Also, data can be completely erased. If this happens, you should find out where you can find mobile phones in order to return them to the gadget. Even when the client does not have a smartphone, he can check the availability of information through the iCloud service. The procedure is performed according to the following instructions:
- a browser opens on the computer;
- the name of the iCloud.com website is entered in the address bar;
- now the client must authorize in the profile;
- the first line contains the postal address of the account;
- then the account access code is written;
- when the main page opens, the owner selects the “Contacts” item;
- if the client has regularly backed up, the address book will be displayed on the computer;
- you should see if all the numbers in it are saved.
With the help of this site, the owner of the cell can recover the information or export it to the iPhone. If all the necessary parameters are in the cloud, you can proceed with the recovery procedure.
For what reasons cell may disappear
Before you know what to do if contacts disappeared on the iPhone, it is worth talking about the reasons for their disappearance from the phone. On iPhone, data may stop displaying in the following cases:
- The deletion happened by accident. The numbers can disappear from the book if the user accidentally pressed the parameter delete key. While navigating your smartphone, you may accidentally tap the wrong item. In this case, not one phone can be deleted, but the whole book.
- An error has occurred in your Apple ID profile. The smartphone will not display information if the software crashed due to malware. Also, the account can be damaged by hackers who are trying to gain access to it. In this case, the data will be lost forever.
- Synchronization failed. When a client deletes or edits information in the cloud, the connection back process can begin. In this case, phones will disappear from iCloud, and they will also disappear from the device.
- The binding to the stationary PC is not correct. When the owner first connects the smartphone to the computer, the gadget starts automatic syncing with iTunes. If the process fails, you may lose all information from iPhone.
Data can fly off at any time, even after a software update. For this reason, the user must know how to return the cell phone to the smartphone.
What to do if the stored numbers are not displayed on the device
If the user has already figured out why the saved contacts are not displayed on the iPhone, he should proceed with the procedure for restoring this data. Phones cannot be completely lost, they are stored in the cloud service. With it, you can return data to your cell phone. The procedure is performed according to the following instructions:
- a browser opens on a stationary PC;
- the name of the iCloud.com website is entered in the address bar;
- when the transition is made, you need to go through the authorization procedure in the system;
- first, the client specifies the mailing address of his account;
- then a code is entered for authorization in the service;
- when the application is launched, the “Settings” item is selected in the list;
- if you scroll down the page, you can see the “Restore contacts” section;
- as soon as the user clicks on this button, a new subsection will open for him;
- in the list, select the sub-item “Select the archive of contacts to restore”;
- after that, the copy is selected in which the data has not yet been erased, and the “Restore” key is pressed;
- to start the restoration, press the button “Confirm”.
- The address book will be restored as it was previously copied. If the user has added new contacts since the copy was made, they will not be present in the phone. In this case, the user will have to add some phones separately.
Lost contacts on iPhone: what to do and how to recover
A large amount of personal information is stored on a smartphone. To call friends and colleagues, you need to write down the phone number in your address book. But sometimes the owners are faced with the situation that contacts on the iPhone have disappeared. You need to find out what to do in this case and whether you can solve the problem yourself.
How to restore lost settings
When the saved contacts are not displayed on the iPhone, the user can get them back using the iCloud cloud service. For this method to be available, you must have backups saved in the Cloud. In order for the phone to show the numbers again, you need to perform a number of such actions:
- you are logged into the iCloud.com home page;
- then the user must log in to the system;
- the postal address and access code to the profile are indicated;
- on the screen on the left in the corner, you should find a gear-shaped icon, it is located below;
- the item “Show action menu” is selected from the list;
- then you need to select the section “Export vCard”;
- as soon as the client clicks on the item, you must select “email”.
When the owner selects this option, they will need to enter the email address where the information will be sent. The system will automatically create a separate file with numbers. After that, the letter is opened on a smartphone and the data is saved. The gadget should be updated, the numbers should be shown again after the update.
You can also deactivate data in the iCloud service and then turn it back on. The procedure is performed according to the following scheme:
- a section with settings opens on the smartphone;
- then select the item “iCloud”;
- next to the inscription “Contacts” there is a toggle switch, it is moved to the inactive position;
- now you need to restart your smartphone;
- to do this, press the “Home” button and lower the sound level at the same time.
When the reboot action is completed, you should activate the partition again and check for the presence of data in the address book. If this method does not help to solve the problem, you will have to use iTunes. The recovery procedure is as follows:
- if the user has previously created a backup in iTunes, he can use it;
- the smartphone is connected to a stationary PC;
- an application is launched on the computer;
- the “Restore from copy” section is selected from the menu;
- then you need to select the last backup;
- the “Restore iPhone” button is pressed.
Such methods will help the user to recover lost numbers. Since iCloud and iTunes services are used for recovery, it is required to regularly create backups through these systems.