Turn on your computer
If Windows 7 still does not start, replace the power and hard disk interface cables. We repeat the procedure again. Again a problem. read on.
Maybe the problem is a system crash?
If Windows 7 does not start, then the problem is a system crash. We are trying to “roll back” the system to the last working configuration. To do this, turn on the computer and after the messages from the motherboard appear, press the F8 key. Our task is to select the last good configuration from the list of positions that appears. See the illustration below.
Check for bad sectors
Windows also does not boot due to damaged boot sectors of the hard drive. We checked, fixed, tried to start another computer from this disk. If the result is positive, put the hard drive back and turn on the computer. Boot problems again? So it’s not about the hard drive and the cables, but about the motherboard. It is better to entrust such a problem to professionals.
Check the connections of the computer components
To do this, you need to not only turn off the computer from the network, but also turn off the power supply using the toggle switch on its rear wall, open the computer case. Next, we check the connection of the following components:
- hard drive power cable;
- ribbon cable connecting the hard drive and the motherboard;
- memory modules. do they fit snugly in the slots.
Explore the hard drive
A common reason that Windows 7, 8, 10 does not boot is a hard drive malfunction.
- Turn off the computer and take out the hard drive.
- We connect it to another device, as an additional one. Do not boot the computer from it.
If another computer did not see the hard drive, then you have a direct road to the service center, because the problem is serious.
4 reasons why Windows won’t boot
Below is a sample scheme of actions that will help solve the problem.
Reboot your computer
If this does not help, then most likely the system files are damaged. Because of this, the operating system cannot boot.
- We reboot the computer and choose to boot in “Safe Mode”.
- If it turns out to boot, we wait for the download and insert the installation disc with the operating system into the optical drive.
- Then go to “Start-Run”, type cmd, press Enter. Before us is the command line, there we execute SFC / SCANNOW. This command will repair corrupted system files.
It is recommended to reinstall or restore the system only after all the actions described above, that is, when it is not possible to boot even in “Safe Mode”. To make the disk with the system work, you need to change the boot priority through the BIOS, and in the proposed menu, select the option to restore the system, but not install with preliminary formatting of the partition on the hard disk.
Watch the video on how to choose a case for your computer
Download Viber for Windows 10. updated version
Now any user can download the Viber messenger for Windows 10 system for free right on our website. Communicating from anywhere in the world via the Internet has become a simple routine, and with the new application you can be in touch 24 hours a day.
As you know, there are many versions of the Viber messenger. for a variety of operating systems and platforms. There is, among other things, Viber for Windows 10. You can download this version:
The download and installation process itself is no different from similar actions for any other Windows application.
Viber won’t start on Windows 10
Viber for Windows 10 features
Viber for Ten has the same functionality as for all other Windows versions:
- sending text messages in both individual and group chat mode;
- at the same time, you can attach all kinds of files to messages. graphics, audio and video, as well as mark your location at the moment;
- of course, it is impossible not to mention free video calls, which are also available in the version for Windows 10;
- you can also join public chats and keep abreast of all the latest news in the world of cinema, music, theater and show business;
- you can play exciting games designed directly for Viber.
However, for sure, many already know that the computer version of Viber does not allow creating a new user account, therefore, at the final stage of installation, the program will ask you to enter the phone number to which the Viber account has already been registered. In recent releases, this has been replaced by QR code scanning.
One way or another, but in order to start using Viber on any computer version, you first have to download the messenger on your mobile device.
It should be noted that Viber is an absolutely free application. Of course, there are paid services inside it, but you can fully communicate without them. The computer version completely synchronizes contacts and messages with the mobile one, so you should not be afraid that some of the data will be lost when using different versions of Viber at the same time.
In general, all users of the Tens are encouraged to download Viber for Windows 10 and start actively enjoying all the benefits of this wonderful communication app.
How to install Viber on Windows 10
Have you been using the free voice application on your phone for a long time, but don’t know how to install vibe on Windows 10? Here you can find detailed instructions on how to do this, as well as the features of using Viber on a computer.
Already half a billion people from all over the world have installed Viber on their devices. No other mobile application with such functionality can boast of such popularity. Therefore, Viber can be called an absolute competitor to Skype, especially if you pay attention to the fact that their functions are very similar.
Viber has stopped updating on Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile
The developers point out that the freeze on Viber development on Microsoft operating systems is temporary, and support for Windows 10 may be resumed in the future. It is hardly worth hoping for. Viber has a desktop application that is still supported and can be used on Windows 10. The share of smartphones on Windows 10 Mobile is close to zero, so Viber hardly sees any sense in releasing updates for these devices.
Features of Viber for personal computer
- utility requirements: 1 GB of RAM required, 2-core processor, additional equipment: headphones with a microphone, speakers,
- to use on a PC, you must have a program on your smartphone,
- Internet access on both devices: laptop and mobile.
Installing the program on Windows 10
- Download the Viber installation file from the link https://downloads-viber.com/viber-for-Windows-10.html.
- Run it on your computer.
- Confirm the license agreement by checking the box next to the item of the same name, click “Install”.
Wait while the installation wizard installs the software, watching the progress at the bottom of the screen.
Enter your number and country by clicking “Next”.
Wait for the code to arrive on your SIM card, then enter it in the special field, confirming the action with the “Enter Viber” button.
After installation, all contacts will be transferred to the Windows version, they will be equally displayed on all your gadgets with Viber installed.
Not only the phones of the interlocutors are synchronized, but also chats, video calls, the history of calls and messages, received and sent files. The sound of an incoming call or message will be played on the device from which the last action was performed.
Save on calls to other cities and countries with the free Viber application, available both for your smartphone, tablet, laptop.
Viber for Windows 10
No one denies that the world of information technology is developing at huge strides, which is why the founders of Microsoft Corporation invented the next, more advanced version of Windows 10. The only drawback is that by installing this version of the operating system, the functioning of some previously imprinted utilities and files may be distorted. and unintelligible lags and failures will appear. If everyone found your favorite Viber messenger on your device, but you are firmly convinced of the need to change the existing OS, take care of how to update the version of the social application in order to ensure full and uninterrupted operation.
Today Windows 10 is used by over 5 million people worldwide, and the Viber development team simply could not ignore this large-scale process and decided to create a new, unique edition of Viber for Windows 10.
So, to download the improved Viber program, created exclusively for Win-ten, you need to go to the messenger’s service site and, using simple but effective recommendations, carry out updates. By the way, the newly-made system will allow you to fully use the computer keyboard during the period of correspondence in the application, as well as all personal data regarding activity (calls, dialogues, the sticker market) will be displayed on a large screen, so that you no longer have to strain your eyes, reading into the small font. There will be no total changes in the specifics of the portable social network, the distinctive nuance is that the utility, at the level of engineering aspects, will be more suitable for the established operating structure.
When launching the newest series, notice a few specific features that were not highlighted in the previous compiler lines:
- By pressing the download key, you must specify the storage location of the program file (disk);
- Save the production package in the.exe format;
- When launching the prescription of the Viber program on the computer, it is important to double-click on the “Download” button (the creators of the OS provided a switch for all programs and documents with the help of 2 clicks).
If during the installation of the package you have certain problems or common noun questions, then you should contact the hotline, or send a request. a ticket to the notification and technical service.
In addition, a universal forum has been created on the official Internet portal Viber, in which each user of the messenger can leave appropriate comments, share experiences or express their own indignation with any problem.
Windows 10 won’t boot. how to restore the bootloader
Despite the fact that Windows 10 has become a very reliable system (at least compare with Windows XP.), However, it is not immune from various problems. One of the most common and painful is refusal to boot.
Most often, Windows 10 does not boot after you have installed a second OS on a different disk partition, possibly upgraded the system, connected another hard drive (or SSD). In rare cases, the problem occurs due to incorrect operation of the antivirus.
In this article I will show you several ways how you can restore the bootloader and bring Windows 10 back to life. I think the information will be relevant for most novice users.
You may find the article on how to restore Windows 10 useful (a kind of mini-guide).
Windows 10 boot repair
In this article, I assume that your Windows OS does not boot at all, giving various errors, for example, “No bootable device found.”, “An operating system wasn’t found”, “reboot and select proper.”, Etc.
By the way, for work we will need a bootable (or, as it is called, installation) USB flash drive with Windows 10.
Create a bootable Windows 10 USB flash drive for UEFI and BIOS. step by step instructions for beginners
In general, it is highly recommended to create it in advance (and not to lose it!), Because it will come in handy more than once or twice for various problems. If there is no flash drive, create it on another PC / laptop.
If you have problems loading Windows OS, the first thing to do is check that there are no disks (floppy disks) left in the drives, disconnect all drives and devices from USB ports (and indeed from a PC / laptop) (leave a minimum: a mouse, keyboard).
Also check your BIOS / UEFI settings (try resetting to optimal). Especially, it is worth paying attention to when installing (and any manipulations) with drives. Often, when the whole point is that the BIOS incorrectly specifies the disk from which to boot the OS.
The most up-to-date and easiest way to get Windows back to normal. The most important thing is that the user is required to press just a few items in the menu invoked using the installation flash drive.
I will consider all actions in steps (so that everyone can orient themselves):
- Insert a bootable USB flash drive with Windows 10 into a USB port;
- Reboot / turn on the computer (laptop);
- We call the BOOT menu to select the media from which the computer / laptop will boot. Alternative option: you can configure the BIOS to boot from a USB flash drive (if you cannot call the BOOT menu);
- The first screen when booting from the Windows 10 installation media is the language selection. We press the button “next”;
Language selection. first screen when booting from a flash drive
Then, instead of the “Install” button, click the “System Restore” link in the corner of the screen. Note that this link is not always there, for example, it may not be there if you use various Windows “compilations” from craftsmen. In general, I expressed my recommendations for creating bootable media here;
System recovery (when installing the OS)
Then a “blue” screen will appear with several options for further actions. You need to select “Troubleshooting”.
choice of action. troubleshooting
Next, select the “Startup Repair” function. this will help you troubleshoot the causes and problems that prevent Windows from booting.
Troubleshoot problems preventing Windows from loading
If the above method does not help, try the manual method (using the command line ). It is a little more confusing, but there is nothing complicated about it either. any user can also run it.
Manual recovery (using the command line)
- The first points (1, 2, 3) are performed in the same way as in automatic recovery (links given above);
- After you see the first screen with the choice of language (booting from the installation flash drive), press the ShiftF10 key combination (the command line should start!);
- Next, we need to find out what letter the drive with your Windows 10 has (after booting from a USB flash drive, it is far from the fact that it will be the “C: \” drive). To do this, enter three commands in turn: diskpart. list volume. exit. In my case, the drive letter turned out to be “C: \” (in your case, the drive letter may be different).
Command line. browse disks, find drive letter with Windows
Then enter the command bcdboot c: \ Windows (note that instead of c: \. You may need to specify d: \. And the command will look like this: bcdboot d: \ Windows).
1) If the above did not help, then as an option, you can reinstall Windows OS (if some system files were damaged or the system is infected with a virus. this is the only alternative).
2) By the way, a good option (for those who do not want to lose the old system with all the data):
- create another partition on the hard disk for the installation of a new Windows OS (using LiveCD or special utilities for working with HDD. this can be done quickly and without data loss);
- then install Windows on this disk partition;
- then you can “scan” the old Windows and pick up all the necessary files that were on that partition;
- after which the old disk partition can be formatted and attached to any other partition (also using special utilities, the link is given above).
3) Or, you can try to restore Windows using special tools that are on LiveCD (DVD / USB). Such rescue media will allow you to check the system for viruses, assess the condition of the hard disk, remove some errors, etc.
True, it must be prepared in advance, or use another PC / laptop. One of my previous articles will tell you how to create such a medium:
After installing a Windows 10 image from one PC to another PC / laptop, the bootloader on the last PC does not see Windows 10.
To do this, boot from any WinPE 10 system USB drive or Windows 10 recovery disk, we need a command prompt.
I used a bootable WinPE 10-8 USB stick Sergei Strelec 2019.1228. It allows you to find the installed Windows immediately after loading and start it. this is one of the main menu items. In my case, Windows 10 boots successfully thanks to this menu. But without this flash drive, Windows does not boot. So I had to find a way to fix it.
We enter the commands diskpart, and then. list volume. And we study the connected partitions of the disks.
If you have a system with UEFI and GPT, in the list you should see a hidden (not always) partition with the FAT32 file system and a size of 99-300 MB. If the BIOS and MBR, then a 500 MB partition (after a clean installation of Windows 10) or less with the NTFS file system should be found. You need this section number N (Volume 0, Volume 1, etc.). Also note the letter corresponding to the partition where the Windows files are stored. I had both sections present:
FAT32 100 MB not hidden, has the letter D: \
NTFS 529 MB hidden, no letter
With the help of Acronis, I found out that the active partition is D, and not some other. This information is needed to proceed to the next step.
2. We execute the command
bcdboot C: \ Windows / s D: / f ALL (where C: is the drive with Windows files)
Here I have exactly this problem: there are no restore points, nothing. Everything was fine until an hour ago I connected an old hard drive to the system unit in order to transfer a program from it to a PC for mounting images. I threw it, disconnected the disk, mounted the game, installed it normally, started to start it. nothing happens, I tried it 5 times. the result is zero. I decided to restart the PC, and that’s it, I can’t get to the desktop
Have you tried to restore the bootloader?
If not, create a bootable USB flash drive (and LiveCD at the same time) on another PC, and try (item 1 of this article).
And, of course, for the future. while everything works, create a restore point.
Random crashes when starting Windows 10 and how to fix them
If Windows 10 won’t boot, we recommend checking the following couple of ways to fix boot problems first. They are often associated with a temporary OS failure. These tips may seem strange to you, but it is these solutions that are most often described by users in the comments.
Disconnect the internet and restart your computer. Sometimes, when a black screen appears during boot, it helps to disconnect the patch cord from the network card, turn off WI-FI to the laptop or turn off the power of the router.
Press and hold the power button for more than 4 seconds to force the computer to shut down. After a few seconds, turn it back on and try to start Windows. It happens that the PC incorrectly (so to speak, “not completely”) exited hibernation mode.
Rollback to a restore point
System Restore can be run either from Safe Mode or boot from a Windows 10 installation flash drive. The second option is more reliable:
Create a bootable USB flash drive with Windows 10. How to do this is described in this article. It is important that when creating the media, you select the same edition, language and bit as the current OS that does not boot.
Select your language, input method and click Next:
In the next window, select System Restore:
Then Diagnostics.> Advanced Options.> System Restore. There is a nuance here: if the update was not enabled in advance, then you will not be able to restore the system to an earlier state. If there are points, try to roll back. It will not work with one. try another. For information on how to try to roll back the system if the system does not start, read our article.
Checking free disk space
Check if there is enough space on the system drive (usually the C 🙂 drive. Due to its lack, problems often arise with the launch of the operating system. If necessary, clean up space by moving some files from folders such as Downloads, Videos or Pictures to another drive. You can clear space by booting from any LiveCD. even from the same DrWEB LiveUSB, which we talked about in the previous paragraph.
Windows 10 won’t boot. What to do?
Let’s talk about what to do if Windows 10 won’t boot. Most often, the problem manifests itself in the fact that the system does not boot beyond the splash screen with the Microsoft logo, or a black screen is displayed. An important point: in this article we will consider options for solving the problem, assuming that the problem lies precisely in the software part. Therefore, if you have suspicions that Windows 10 does not start due to hardware malfunction, or a specific error is issued, you need to look for a solution by the name of the error or a specific sign of a hardware malfunction.
Scanning your computer for viruses
Viruses can also be the reason Windows 10 won’t start. Therefore, we advise you to create a bootable media with DrWEB antivirus and check the system. How to do this is written in this article.
Booting in Safe Mode and Removing Problematic Software
So, boot into Safe Mode. The last section of this article provides a step-by-step guide on how to do this if Windows 10 won’t start. If it was possible to enter Safe Mode, then this fact in itself suggests that the malfunction is most likely at the software level (although there are exceptions).
Now, as mentioned above, you need to either uninstall the program after which Windows 10 stopped loading, or the driver, depending on your case.
Returning Windows 10 to its original state (reset)
If none of the above helps and you still do not start Windows 10, then to restore the computer’s performance, it remains to do a reset. For this:
Boot again from the USB installation media. Press any key when you see Press any key to boot from CD or DVD
Select System Restore:
Select Diagnostics and Reset your computer:
After that select Keep my files. Attention! If you accurately store personal files such as photos, documents and other important data on a separate disk (albeit a logical one), then the best thing would be:
- select Delete all,
- select your copy of Windows,
- click Only the drive on which the Windows system is installed (in most cases, you will have drive C :),
- click Just delete my files.
Then click the Reset button:
The return procedure is not quick compared to the other methods described above. However, if your Windows 10 does not boot because of serious software problems, then this method often really helps to solve the problem.
Tens launch recovery options
The Recovery Options section (Advanced Options screen) contains five subsections:
- System Restore. When this option is selected, the standard utility rstrui.exe is launched, the purpose of which is to roll back the system to one of the saved checkpoints.
- System image recovery. Launches the Windows Deployment Wizard from a native OS backup.
- Startup recovery. Fixes errors in boot files and partitions.
Command line. Allows you to run various system utilities.
- Go back to the previous build. Rolls back to a previously installed OS version in case it was upgraded to Windows 10.
Let’s try to start
Faced with the impossibility of loading the Windows operating system, first you need to restart your computer a couple of times, because the problem can be one-time. If that does not help, then try to disconnect the computer for ten seconds by unplugging it from the mains. In this case, you need to de-energize the uninterruptible power supply unit, if one is connected, and if we are talking about a laptop, then remove the battery.
It will also not hurt to temporarily disconnect external equipment: mouse, keyboard, printer, removable disks, wireless modules, etc. If the reason lies precisely in external devices, connecting each of them in turn will help to find the culprit.
Of course, the problem can not always be solved with the simplest manipulations, which means that you will have to start analyzing the text of the error message that appeared during computer startup.
Using Windows 10 bootable media
Connect the media to your computer, reboot, set this disk first in the BIOS settings and boot from it. After booting, select the system language. If Russian is selected, click “Next”.
Next, you will be prompted to proceed with the installation or recovery of Windows. Click System Restore. On the Select Action screen, click Troubleshoot.
The cause of almost all the problems with booting Windows discussed in this article can be bad sectors of the hard disk (bad blocks). Even if, with the help of one of the manipulations considered in the article, the operating system was brought back to life, it does not fit to check the working condition of the hard drive.
This can be done using the free MHDD application (can be downloaded here), which can be launched directly from a bootable USB flash drive. In the program menu, select from the list the channel to which the hard disk with the OS is connected, indicating its number. Then you can view the data of S.M.A.R.T, a kind of “medical record” of the hard drive (F8 key), or start scanning sectors for errors (F4 key), after allowing them to be corrected. “Remap | ON “.
If there are a lot of problem sectors, then the procedure can take hours or even a day. Considering that bad blocks tend to be concentrated at the beginning of the hard drive, it will be easier to move the OS partition away from the problem area. an indent of 2 GB will be enough.
For this purpose, a bootable disk with a free partition editor MiniTool Partition Wizard FE is suitable. In the program menu, you need to use the operation “Partition | Move / Resize “.
Blue Screen of Death: Driver IRQL not less or equal
Windows critical error messages. which because of the background color are called “blue screens of death” (BSOD, Blue Screen of Death). quite common problems in all versions (especially due to installing the wrong update). over, for example, in Windows 10, this screen can be green and red. The reason for the appearance of a critical error may be malfunctioning hardware (for example, RAM) or the absence of some system files.
Most often BSOD messages at an early stage of loading appear after updating device drivers and contain the text “DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL” along with the file name with the extension SYS. To remove the problematic driver in Device Manager, you can try starting Windows in Safe Mode, because it uses only a minimal set of drivers. To do this, during OS boot, press the F8 key and select “Safe Mode”.
If the blue screen of death still appears when booting in safe mode, you need to go back to the previous version of the driver, which did not have any problems. This can be done using a restore point, if such were created earlier.
In Windows, for this you need to press the F8 key during OS boot and select “Computer troubleshooting” in the menu that appears. Then we get into exactly the same menu “Recovery options”, as when using the Windows installation flash drive.
This time we are interested in the “System Restore” item, in which you can select one of the available restore points.
Windows won’t boot? Practical advice on how to fix everything
Due to software failures or the failure of individual components of the computer, Windows may stop starting altogether. CHIP will tell you how to restore the boot of the operating system.
The problem of failing to boot Windows is quite common, despite the fact that Windows 7 and Windows 10 are very reliable operating systems and rarely crash. Of course, a huge role in this is played by the equipment, which is very diverse for home systems, and for budget solutions it has a low fault tolerance factor.
In most cases, errors in loading the OS are to blame either for the users themselves, who, for example, performed an improper shutdown of the PC or accidentally deleted a system file, or the hard disk on which a bad area was formed on the boot sector.
CHIP invites you to use our tips to solve Windows boot problems and restore system performance.
Returning a copy of the system file
The absence of some important system files in the system, primarily drivers with the SYS extension, are often found in Windows 7 and 10. The most effective way to solve the problem is to return the loss to its place by finding a copy of it on the Windows installation USB flash drive, borrowing it from another computer with the same OS version or simply by searching on the vast expanses of the Internet.
If you do not have a second computer at hand, then you will need a LiveCD with an OS that does not require installation, for example, Kaspersky Rescue Disk, to search, download and copy files.
One of the most convenient options is the Puppy Linux operating system, which will be up and running in less than a minute. This OS includes drivers for the most common models of network cards, which means that it will not be difficult to access the Internet.
The exception is the system registry files: System, Software, SAM, Security and Default, which are stored in the C: \ Windows \ system32 \ config folder. Of course, you won’t be able to replace them with copies from another computer, so the only option is to roll back to a restore point if it was made in due time.
No boot disk found?
The appeared error message “No bootable device” and its numerous variations (“No Boot device found”, “Invalid boot device”, “Non system disk or disk error”, etc.) indicates that the computer did not even start to start operating system, because it does not see the boot sector or even the hard drive.
To understand whether there is a problem at the software or hardware level, just go to the BIOS in the already familiar section “Boot device priority”. If the hard drive (HDD) is not visible among the proposed options, then the problem is related to the hardware. Perhaps the power or power data cable of the hard drive has come off, or the drive has completely outlived its.
If the computer normally recognizes the hard drive, the reason is programmatic and lies in the Master Boot Record (MBR). it is damaged or missing. The situation is solved very simply.
Having booted from the installation disk, it is enough to execute just one command in the recovery console:
Reinstalling the OS
In some cases, none of the above methods helps. the system is completely out of order, or the drive is irreversibly damaged. In such a situation, the only way out is to completely reinstall the “ten”. Fortunately, in the case of a working medium, it will be possible to save user data.
We’ve told you how to proceed when Windows 10 won’t boot and the standard recovery tool doesn’t work either. As you can see, there are not too many solutions, but this can be explained by the complexity of the problem itself.
Bookmark the site Lumpics.ru and we will still be useful to you.
Thank the author, share the article on social networks.
Troubleshoot media hardware issues
Alas, very often the impossibility of loading the “tens” appears due to the failure of the memory device on which the OS is installed, primarily the hard disk. Typically, this problem is preceded by symptoms in the form of clicks, crackling, reduced speed of access to files, and the like.
If the HDD breaks down, it should be taken out of service as soon as possible and replaced with a new one. This is not always possible, so the problematic media can be temporarily returned to service by checking with the chkdsk utility.
Solid-state drives can also fail. no moving parts is not a guarantee of uninterrupted operation. The methodology for their verification and possible recovery is available in the article below.
Getting Windows 10 back on track
The immediate cause of the failure in question is irreversible damage to OS components, while indirect sources of this failure will be virus infection or hardware failures of the system drive or other computer component.
All of the troubleshooting methods below assume the user has Windows 10 bootable media.
What to do if Windows 10 won’t boot or recover
Recovering other system components
Problems with other software components of the OS can also prevent the system from booting properly, so we consider it advisable to suggest troubleshooting. One of our authors has already described in detail the possible ways to solve this problem. for details, use the link below.
Fixing damaged bootloader
If the OS refuses to boot from a shutdown state, this almost always means a violation of the integrity of the Windows bootloader. Therefore, the first step is to try to restore it. if it does not work, then it is worth moving on to other methods.
Using auto service
Automatic System Maintenance is a built-in Windows 10 tool for detecting and fixing problems found. This application runs in the background and automatically fixes found errors. However, manual activation of the tool requires a few simple steps:
- Click on the “My Computer” icon on the desktop RMB.
- In the context menu, tap on the line “Properties”.
- In the window that appears, you need to find the “Security and Service Center” parameter and click on it.
- Expand the system maintenance section.
- Click on the line “Start service”. The process of troubleshooting system problems will begin, which may take a long time.
Windows 10 automatic maintenance
For your information! The auto service process takes away from the computer a part of the RAM, as well as other resources, so during its implementation the PC will slow down and freeze.
Editing the registry
Another method to try if the Start button is not functional is not Windows 10 OS. Before making changes to the registry, it is recommended to back up a copy of the database.
- Similarly, start the “Run” window and type in the “regedit” command. This will open the registry edit menu.
- Click on the “File” section and click on the line “Export”.
- Specify the location on the drive where the copy will be stored and save the file.
- Tap on the “Software” folder in the editing window.
- Go to the “Advanced” section by clicking on the “Explorer” tab.
- Create parameter in DWORD format by clicking on free space at the end of the list.
- Correct the highlighted name to “EnableXAML”.
- Restart the PC and make sure the “Pusk” button is working.
Note! Instead of restoring the system to a previous state, you can also roll back Windows to the original version of the assembly.
Alternative method for solving the problem
This method will work after doing the following:
- Open Windows Task Manager. This can be done through the context menu of the operating system by holding down the “Win R” buttons from the keyboard.
- Switch to the “Services” section.
- In the list of options provided, find the Windows Font Cache Service.
- Right click on the found parameter and turn off the service by clicking on the “Disable” button in the context window.
- Restart the operating system.
- Make sure Start is responsive to the mouse pointer.
Manual removal of updates
- Enter Windows Update by typing the appropriate name in the search.
- Tap on the line “Update log”. A window will be displayed with a list of the latest system updates.
- Right-click on the name of the last loaded upgrade and uninstall it by clicking on the “Delete” line in the context menu.
- Wait for the uninstallation to complete and restart your laptop or desktop PC.
Important! If the above actions did not lead to a positive result, but the user is sure that the problem is in the updates, then he can contact Microsoft representatives.
How to fix the situation yourself
If such a problem arises, experienced experts recommend doing several standard manipulations:
- make sure the PC is not frozen. To do this, the user must try to run any program, folder or file. If the result is negative, then you need to restart the computer;
- check your computer for malware. Such a check is performed by an antivirus or special utilities downloaded from the Internet. Viruses can block both a separate function and the operation of the operating system as a whole, so you should get rid of them;
- use the repair tool for damaged system files;
- edit the registry;
- restore the system. This procedure assumes a rollback of Windows 10 OC to a state in which the “Start” button was still functioning normally;
- reinstalling Windows ten. This is a critical method for solving a problem. It is applied if none of the above methods has led to a positive result.
Note! Before reinstalling Windows 10, the user will need to prepare a bootable USB drive with an ISO image of the system.
Why Windows 10 Start won’t open
Why the Windows 10 Start button doesn’t work:
- system failure. Can be fixed by restarting the computer. However, the user will not be able to perform this procedure in a standard way, since the “Pusk” menu does not open. You will have to hold down the PC power button for a few seconds;
- damage to system files;
- viral infection of the PC;
- unlicensed version of the operating system;
- the computer froze.
Check system files for integrity if the Start menu does not open on Windows 10
This process is performed in the following sequence:
- Hold down the “Win X” keys on the PC keyboard. Windows 10 context menu should open.
- From the presented list of parameters, select “Command line” and run the application as administrator.
- In the window that appears, enter the command “exe / Online /” and click on “Enter”. The process of executing the command will begin, which may take several minutes.
- After the first check, the user will need to write the phrase “sfc / scannow” in the command line and click on “Enter” again.
For your information! If the check does not reveal a malfunction of the system files, then the monitor will display a notification that no integrity violations were found. Otherwise, the command line will redirect the user to the system log, where the damaged files will be presented.
Rolling back an operating system to a previous state
It is possible to complete the task in several ways, each of which deserves careful study. However, the simplest and most effective method for rolling back the Windows 10 operating system is to do the following:
- Simultaneously hold down the “Win R” buttons to launch the “Run” window.
- In the “Open” field, write the “exe” command and click “OK”. The Windows Restore Wizard window will be displayed.
- Put the toggle switch next to the “Recommended recovery” line and click on “Next”. Usually, this method of system recovery is chosen after an unsuccessful installation of updates or other software.
- The next window will display all the restore points. Here you need to carefully look at the date indicated next to the line.
- Highlight the parameter with the date when the “Start” button was still functional, and click on the word “Next”. In this case, in the “Description” section, the “Windows Modules Installer” should be written.
- In the restore point confirmation window, you need to make sure that the recovery will be the local disk on which the system is installed.
- Tap on the “Finish” button to start rollback.
- Agree with the system notification about the impossibility of suspension of the restoration after its activation by clicking on “Yes”.
- Wait until the end of the procedure and check if “Pusk” is working.
Note! It may be that restore points will not be included from this window. In this situation, the user will need to manually uninstall Windows OC updates.