Causes of problems
I’ll start with this. Most often, the problem is encountered by users who missed the moment when the device’s charge was worn out and did not charge it on time. I can say that it is not recommended to prove to such a state, since it is the complete discharge of the battery that adversely affects its service life. In addition, after discharge, the tablet often refuses to charge.
- The first and most common reason is a charger problem. Manufacturers are trying to save on everything and the charger is NOT an exception. Low-quality “chargers” are found all the time. How do you know if it’s the charger? You need to connect the tablet to a known working “charger”. Here, however, everything can be individual. One of my “chargers” one day stopped charging the tablet. I thought that he broke down and connected it to a known worker. he charged. Okay, I thought, but I decided to check my own charger the next day. it worked exactly the same as before. A few days later, the situation repeated itself. Apparently, there is some problem in the “charger”, which, by the way, still works. That’s just what exactly this error is, I didn’t find out, and I didn’t really try, because I purchased an additional charger just in case. Probably the matter is in the stabilizers or the failure of the power circuit.
- Problems in the electrical network, such as power surges, cannot be disregarded. In this case, it is recommended to check the presence of voltage in the network. But I recommend doing this strictly to those users who at least work as electricians, otherwise such measurements may end very badly for you. Be neat!
- In cases where there is voltage, and the tablet still refuses to charge, you can try to clean the contacts of both the charger and the tablet connector. Do it carefully so as NOT to damage the device.
- If we talk about more mundane problems, then very often it turns out that when the tablet is initially connected to the charger, it refuses to charge, but it is worth leaving it plugged in for at least a few hours, as it magically begins to charge. Therefore, the first step is to keep the device on charge longer.
- Another category of users connects the gadget to a computer and complains that there is no charge. Should it be? The fact is that not all devices are capable of charging from a computer, since for this they SIMply do not have enough power.
- If the tablet still has the ability to charge from the USB port, then there is a high probability that the port itself is faulty or it is disabled.
- Don’t forget the cable itself, too. If you have cats, dogs or other animals at home, it is likely that they managed to play with your charging cable, which has become unusable due to this. In this case, only its replacement will help.
- You may be surprised, but the error may also be related to unstable firmware. Fortunately, this rarely happens, but I have heard in such cases more than once or even twice. Flashing to a stable firmware can help, and because of the recovery mode (if, of course, there is an opportunity to boot into it).
- Theoretically, of course, a problem with the hardware or the battery is possible, but in most cases the malfunction is related to the software. Therefore, before taking the tablet to the service center, you need to try to reanimate it yourself, especially since it is often easier to do this.
If your tablet is not charging, you can ask your questions through the comments. Just do not forget to include the make and model of your device, for example, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 or iPad Air.
A fascinating blog of enthusiastic IT specialists. The tablet does NOT charge: what to do in this case?
You may have noticed that the demand for tablets is huge. This can be judged by the number of devices that we meet every day: people with tablets can be seen on the street, in public transport, in a cafe. I will not lie, this did not pass me by either. I am the owner of an inexpensive tablet of one little-known in our area of the company. I can say that I obviously went too far with the size, because holding an almost 10-inch device in my hands is corny uncomfortable. However, I’ll tell you about this some other time.
Today I would like to talk about one very common problem faced by a large number of users using such devices. Yes, I want to talk about why the tablet does not charge, since I myself faced this problem.
Blog of the young admin. Comments on the entry “The tablet does not charge: what to do in this case?
My iPad never charged from a computer at all, only from the network.
If I’m not mistaken, the ipad air should already be charged from the computer, so we reworked the system.
Hmm. I think I missed the moment when it was completely discharged ಠ_ಠ
I had it too! But everything was decided very SIMply: I SIMply put the tablet on charge, it lay somewhere for a while and only after that it was charged! Try it, you might succeed!
That nothing happens, but it’s been charging for three hours for sure. Black screen and that’s it.
They tried to change the charger?
And I also have.
Yesterday I put the tablet of the Assistant brand and it did not charge. Of course, I charged it a month or two ago
I agree with you
It’s not so easy. My tablet is on charge for about a day. Nothing comes of it.
Guys, a long hold on the power button helped me once. I waited for about a minute, and then finished the tablet! I don’t know what it was, but I never saw such a problem again.
This is strange. In general, it doesn’t have to be like that, it’s just a glitch in the system, the power button has nothing to do with.
Thanks! This advice helped me a lot! I tried a lot of tips, but here I held the button for about 30 seconds and the charge went. thanks!
It helped me too. I could not reanimate, then I held the ON button for a minute, and the charge went.
What to do? I discharged the tablet to zero, it turned on. At first, he stood on the charge and when I pressed ON, it just vibrated like when it was turned on. Nothing is happening now. Does NOT react at all. What to do.
And it helped me hold.
Holding for 30-40 seconds helped me too. Power buttons. The tablet has earned SAMSUNG TAB PRO SM T-325
Yes, it helped me too. thanks.
Long holding the on button helped me too
It helped a lot, thanks. To the banality, a week We tried to reanimate their pill. Everything is much easier than it seemed.
Hello Petrikov S! My Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 showed a red cross instead of lightning when charging. I also delayed the power button and inserted the charger, the tablet started charging. Thank you for your advice!
Try charging more powerful. Oddly enough, it helped me and the tablet started charging in half an hour (it turned on and works)
After a full discharge, the Samsung Galaxy tab does NOT charge, it costs half a day to charge. The battery indicator periodically appears on the screen, empty, then the first ardent charge in yellow and immediately the screen goes dead, I tried to change the network, charger, hold the power button, both alone and with the volume button, the result is zero. What to do?
Maybe a power controller, but it looks more like a battery. There is no way to flash either?
Taking it to the service, ask there to just put it on charge, it should turn on. I’ve had it 3 times. The operation is absolutely free.
And I contacted and they already told me the amount of 1,500 rubles and NOT seeing what was happening with the tablet and why it didn’t charge or turn on.
It’s normal that after the tablet is completely discharged, it is difficult to resuscitate! DO NOT turn off the charger. (I had it). First, the indicator flashes, and after a certain time. I put it in the night, and in the morning it was 100%.
There was a SIMilar situation. when turned off with charging less than 30-20%, it was so. Long charging helped. about 2 days.
Exactly the same problem! I’ve been suffering for a year!
I have the same tablet. Breakage too. But I only held the power button for about two minutes and I did it. Good luck
Hello. This problem occurs mainly in the device firmware itself.
My friend’s battery was swollen and he stopped working by itself. It turned out only when it was dismantled, and she swelled quite a bit
I saw this, while sometimes the tablet literally breaks
I have onda. If it is discharged, then even from the outlet it does NOT turn on immediately, but after 20 minutes. So it charges longer, it can turn on.
Tablet AirTab M975w.
When we plug into the socket it does NOT charge, but when we push it a little it charges. I would NOT like to keep like this all the time. What is the problem?
The huawei tablet only charges up to 74% and that’s it. I left it on charge a day, it comes to this figure and that’s it. What to do?
Maybe a glitch. Make a hard cut, maybe even help.
My tablet is broken. Cracks flew across the entire screen. For half a year everything was more or less normal, and then, when you charge it, instead of the “charging” icon, it shows “not charging”. Well, at first it was enough just to pull out the charger and plug it back in. Then the tablet was “stubborn” and did NOT want to charge at all. Doesn’t work at all at the moment. I tried a lot of things, but most likely, when the tablet fell and crashed, something inside it was damaged. Now I don’t know what to do.
It seems that he has finally died. I don’t know, referring to the service.
Tablet Smarto 3GDi10, connect to charging, USB icon appears, charging is NOT in progress, what to do?
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 was completely discharged, I had to go on business. I put it on charge from the radio in the car, charged a little. I arrived home, put it on charge. the black screen does not turn on, it’s already 3 hours on the charge. Charge changed.
Good afternoon! Such a problem: the tablet does not turn on, before that it was accidentally locked with a graphic key, then I handed it over to the master, he tried to reflash, but everything was unsuccessful. And now the tablet won’t charge. Tell me how you can bring him back to life.
Thank you in advance
Try to reflash yourself using firmware from w3bsit3-dns.com. They will help you there.
Most likely, while you were treated with it and accidentally dropped it or on purpose
Hello! My tablet Aser iconia tab a701 stopped charging, I don’t know what to do ?! I tried all the charges, everything is useless.
Hello! The son dropped the tablet, Samsung Galaxy tab 3. After that, he stopped charging. Already connected the charging others, the result is zero.
Hello! My tablet assistant ap 710 stopped charging, there are two connectors for charging, none of them charges the device, but when the battery is changed, the tablet works, but still DOES NOT charge. What could be the reason for the breakdown?
Hello. The problem with the tablet samsung note p607t. When you connect the charger, charging goes on until the screen turns off. As the screen goes out, charging stops. If you pull out and insert the connector again, charging takes Until the screen goes out. When USB is connected to a computer, it does NOT take charge, the battery in the upper right corner lights up, crossed out with a red cross. He does not want to connect to the computer, an unknown device writes. (Tested by several original memory devices on several computers.) The drivers are fresh, they cost exactly.
The tablet is slowly charging after 80%, tell me what to do or at least what it may be connected with
The Galaxy tablet was lying for a long time without recharging. Now, when the charger is connected, it does NOT react in any way. Charger working properly.
Acer icon A500
Charge indication shows, but consumes more than charges.
95% of the reason is in the battery. His voltage dropped below the limit to which the controller is configured and he turned it off. It is necessary to disconnect the battery and charge it directly. The charge current is about 0.1 of the battery capacity. After the charge will occur from the native charger.
Has anyone had this? Charging is in progress, but you start using it and it discharges faster than it charges. Battery changed, same story.
I have it now
The x-digital tab711 tablet, when the tablet is turned on, does NOT want to charge (I have already tried a bunch of chargers), but when it is turned off, everything is charged normally! The computer does not see the included tablet either. It happens that when the charger is connected, he writes something in English.
A couple of days ago I listened to music on the road with headphones, in 3.5 hours the tablet thinned out by 8%. Today I listened to music for 2.5-3 hours. Almost all spread out from 100%. I put it on charge at home, it’s been charging for 3 hours, only 7%. I’m shocked. Why did it happen?
I have a problem with the tablet, when my younger brother threw the tablet hard, it stopped charging, HELP PLEASE! I can’t fix the problem (
I think it’s something with a jack.
I’ll start with the first point. It is impossible to skip the discharge to zero, since the tablet warns of a low battery charge and even if you are not around, then when the voltage reaches 3.5 volts on the battery, the battery controller will disconnect it from the tablet’s power and will not let it discharge to zero, because zero is already death batteries. And immediately to the second, I understand that not everyone has a voltmeter, but everyone can install the program from the Play Store, which accurately shows the voltage, and also shows the connection of the charger and its voltage. One of such programs is GSam Battery Monitor. In Russian, it accurately shows tension and so on. And you can immediately see when the charging is connected that it is working and gives out the charging voltage, there are programs that still show the charge current. And it is not necessary to climb to the contacts, cleans and so on. If it does not charge, the most commonplace burned out the charger or the wire broke off. About USB charging from a computer or laptop. The maximum current consumed by the device via the USB bus power lines does not have to exceed 500 mA, for USB 3.0. 900 mA. But the cable must have a jumper between 2-3, that is, the signal is short-circuited, otherwise the tablet will not charge, the power goes to 1-4, and since the tablets come with 2AM chargers, only phones can be charged from usb. In short, there are many programs in the Play Store that will show the voltage, battery capacity, and wear. And it is not necessary to guess what is wrong with the battery, just the institutions you need the program and you will be happy.
This is understandable only as the tablet starts?
Please tell me what to do? I put the tablet on charge, but it’s not charging, the interest does NOT go. How to repair?
Check the charger, if it gives out a voltage of 5 volts, but the charge does not go, then the reason is in the battery charge controller. If there is no device for testing, then there are many programs in Play Market that measure voltage, battery charge current, stand up and see.
Who faced this.
2 days ago I watched YouTube. And I did NOT keep track of charging. I had 0%, but it worked for 5 seconds and off. I thought that I lagged and put it on charge. It didn’t charge. I went to read, here are the comments. And then one person wrote that it was death. I got hysterical. But then it charged up. The next day everything was ok. In the evening I put on exercises. I wake up in the morning. The tablet is in place, but does not work. I remembered putting him on charge. I also asked my family if they had touched the extension cord. Nobody touched. I put it on again and left on business. Coming back. It is disconnected. I thought it was 100% charging. But no. Now I’m sitting with him and I’m suffering. The tablet is expensive.
I bought a new tablet for sleeping with. There is a charge on the contacts, but the tablet does not charge.
I also have this problem with Samsung Galaxy tab 2 7.0
After complete discharge
I connect the charger, it shows that the charge goes one column and is cut down and everything is repeated again
Leave it overnight, you can stay longer. The battery needs to swing. Then the power button or a combination of “power button volume”. It helped me so much.
ASUS Tablet. After updating while charging, the USB icon appears on the screen and does not turn on.
I have an ImPAD 2214 tablet, It doesn’t want to charge, nothing helps
My DELL Vinove 8 is NOT charging, what should I do? Writes connected, but not charging
Tablet X-Digital tab 700, and not charging, although it shows that it is charging, but it reaches 16% and stands still, what to do?
The tablet has stopped charging from the mains, but it is charging from a car charger. Networked other devices charge normally.
The DEXP URSUS NS170 tablet is completely discharged, it is charging, the DEXP logo blinks for a short time, once there was such a problem, I sent it to the server. we re-flashed it. What to do?
My tablet won’t charge from my computer. Turns on and off immediately
Fly connect 7 3g
The lenovo tablet charges only when it is off, when it is turned on, it often SIMply resets the charge to 0. At the same time, I tried several cables, and with all the same, normally the charge goes very rarely. What is the reason?
I have a Samsung Tab 3.
Sometimes we plug into the charger and he writes that the tablet is not charging. The charging icon is crossed out on the battery. Problem in charging or in the tablet itself?
Hello, I have such a problem. The Asus TF 101 tablet does NOT want to be charged. But for the sake of interest, I put him on charge. (No reactions). But after 2 days I turned it on and it was 100% charged. I have been living with such inconveniences for a month. I changed the charge, it’s still the same.
The tablet fell into the water. At first it worked, and then it was discharged, stopped charging and turning on! Help what to do?!
Asus t100 on windows. When fully discharged, it does NOT charge, even the charging indicator does not light. I changed the battery, it didn’t help. What else could be?
Hello! My tablet model is Lenovo M70H3 version 5.0. For some reason, it does NOT charge from native charging, but someone else’s, that’s a push-button braviSIMo, is charging. What to do? Prompt.
Can you please tell me, I have a Galaxy phone with 3, It does not charge exactly from such charges, where the wires are removed, they are serviceable and charging and wire. I tried to charge it through the computer, everything is fine, there is a charge. I tried to charge another Galaxy with disconnecting wires from that block. it also charges! Found a charger With a non-detachable manual and the charge finally went! Question: why does not the charge come from the charging on which the wire is disconnected?
I have an SM-P601 tablet. I have NOT charged it for a long time. And the battery seems to be completely discharged, what should I do? How will it charge?
Charges up to 7% and then does NOT charge.
And if you turn it off, it discharges.
Try to go back to factory settings. Helped me.
Tesla tablet does NOT charge, but it turns on and shows 0% and turns off again.
Good afternoon! I have some kind of mysticism! Suddenly three devices stopped charging. All cables and chargers are original! It always worked without problems and suddenly all three! Two iphone 4s and pad 3, By some miracle I managed to get them to charge. I poked into different sockets with different cords (one of them is completely new) and suddenly the device turned on, then another one and everyone turned on. But then when the battery was discharged. Again the same thing)) somehow managed to “force” them to take charge. And with the help of a hard reset and a SIMple plug-in and poke into an outlet. But today the pad refuses to turn on) The question is. what happened (suddenly three devices are out of order at the same time), I think there may be drops in the network? But they did not charge all at the same time.
And what to do about it? Can you fix the most ?
The asus tf101 tablet is full and does NOT want to be charged. And the native charging does not work (I connected the phone to it). It has been lying for half a year and does not turn on. I connected it to another charger, it lay for 6 hours and turned on. But it writes only 7% of the charge, and says Connect the charger. When you block it and pull out the charger, it lights up and when I turn it on, it also lights up, but does not write anything. What to do with it. Tell me pliz
The Prestigio tablet was not put on charge for a long time, and when you put it on, and not charging, help me what to do?
I have a PIPO V4-HD tablet, I put it on charge, it charges for 1 minute, then the morgue screen starts (writes it charges, then it doesn’t). The service center said that the motherboard burned out. Is it possible? And in general, what could be another reason?
Why Huawei tablet is NOT charging. reasons and what to do?
“Huawei” is one of the largest and largest brands, which specializes in the development of telecommunications equipment. Huawei produces a wide variety of devices, including Huawei tablets. Huawei tablet owners are faced with the fact that the Huawei tablet does NOT charge.
Huawei tablet does NOT charge or turn on
The gadget does not show any signs of life, it does not turn on even when connected to a charger, there are two reasons for this:
- Hardware failure.
- The problem is associated with the gadget itself, there is mechanical damage to the internal elements or damage to the contacts. Confirm that the reason for this can be a specialist.
A hardware failure can be triggered by:
- Drop the tablet;
- Immersion in water;
- Connecting non-working components to the tablet;
- Software errors.
There is no hardware failure and there are no defects, it can be assumed that the reason is in the software configuration: the operating system is out of order, the gadget is damaged by viruses, and others.
Why Huawei tablet won’t charge
Among the owners of tablets of different brands, including Huawei, a fairly common problem is that the tablet does not charge. Why this happens, and how to solve it, consider the example of a Huawei tablet.
Huawei tablet does NOT charge, the following may be a prerequisite for this:
- The most common cause is problems with the charger, block or USB cable. Bad quality chargers, unfortunately, are NOT rare today;
- The device is completely discharged. This technique does not tolerate a full discharge of the battery and can SIMply turn on for a long time while standing to recharge. It takes a long time to gain the necessary charge to turn on;
- Perhaps the prerequisite is a power problem. power outages;
- Clogged charger connector or contacts on the charging cable itself;
- When connected for charging NOT to the mains power, but to the second gadget. a computer, there may not be enough power for charging;
- Faulty charging connector;
- Poor gadget firmware;
- The battery is out of order.
What to do if your Huawei tablet won’t charge?
Faced with such a problem, it is worth checking several factors that may affect this:
- The charger should be replaced. In whole or in parts: either a charging unit or a cable, but obviously working. In case it does not charge charging;
- Check for electricity. Its absence cannot be overlooked;
- Carefully clean the charging connector or contacts on the cable from dust or dirt;
- The tablet may NOT immediately recognize charging, you should keep it turned on for a while, and the power charge may go;
- DOES NOT charge only when connected to a computer, Connect to an electrical outlet;
- Try to replace the battery, if the case is collapsible, if not, the procedure itself It is better not to do it, but contact a service center;
- In the event of a malfunction of the charging connector or firmware. give it to a specialist for repair or replacement of parts;
- Restart the tablet;
- Reset factory settings.
Bottom line, the most common reasons for the tablet refusing to charge or turn on:
It is possible to restore the functionality of the gadget in any situation, the main thing is to understand the problem in time.
If you have any questions or complaints. Let us know
If the tablet charges only when it is turned off, then the level of energy consumption is equal to its consumption. Turn on power saving mode, close resource-intensive applications, or use a more powerful power adapter.
When the tablet is charging very slowly, the reason must be sought in the charger mismatching the system requirements. For example, an adapter from a second device is used. The system detects parameter mismatch and automatically switches to slow charging mode. The second reason is the insufficient power of the adapter.
What if the tablet won’t fully charge? The device needs a different power source. The reason for the incomplete charging of the battery is a low voltage level at the input. The first step is to check whether the contacts are clean or in the connector, whether there are oxides on the interface of the power adapter, whether the cable is securely fixed in the tablet. If there is a parasitic power loss on the resistance of the comments. it is recommended to replace the voltage converter with a more powerful one.
If the tablet charges quickly and discharges quickly, there is only one reason for this: you need to change the battery. The battery may have become overcooled from carrying the device in a bag for a long time. Or physically wear out, having exhausted the entire number of optimal charge-discharge cycles.
Does NOT hold charge
There can be several reasons for the rapid loss of charge even in standby mode.
- The tablet does not hold charging due to battery breakdown. This may be a manufacturing defect or the result of improper operation. Internally shorting the battery quickly consumes energy, even when the device is completely shut down.
- Background processes run in standby mode. It is worth turning off network exchange, Bluetooth, and other power-hungry hardware modules. If the battery is still running out, it is worth monitoring all work processes.
- The third reason why the tablet does not hold charge is battery wear. The block does not gain charge, it loses it due to internal processes.
Flashing and NOT charging
Continuous charging failure means the power supply is not correct. In this case, the controller tries to supply current to the battery and an emergency stop is triggered. As a result, the tablet blinks when charging and does NOT charge.
This can happen when using an adapter that does not match the system parameters. For example, with incorrect pin assignment or voltage level. This situation is dangerous.
Important! It is especially not recommended to use cheap products of the Chinese industry. Adapters can create impulse noise that can severely damage tablet hardware.
Fully discharged and does not turn on for charging
If the tablet is completely discharged and does NOT charge, it means that the battery is below the allowed limit. In this case, the power controller will NOT supply the optimum charging current. You can try to reanimate the battery in the following ways.
- After connecting the tablet to the network with the supplied adapter, the device is left for 8 hours or more. In this case, the battery is serviced by a minimum charging current and is restored to acceptable values.
- Remove the battery, if possible, for charging with high currents on a specially designed device. This can be done for Samsung, Lenovo and other well-known brands.
- After opening the case, disconnect the battery from the motherboard for subsequent charging. This will have to be done on inexpensive devices, for example, the Digma brand or products from Chinese manufacturers.
Why the tablet won’t charge
The reason that the tablet does not charge may be due to the failure of the power controller or battery. But more often than not the situation is much SIMpler. The owner is faced with either insufficiently powerful power supplies, or misunderstands the power consumption scheme of the device. Determining why the tablet is not charging, especially recently purchased ones, can be quite SIMple.
DOES NOT charge from cigarette lighter and computer port
All the reasons for the lack or slow charging lie in the lack of transmitted power. When connected to a cigarette lighter or PC port, some of the voltage is distributed to the cable. As a result, the tablet takes a long time to charge. The solution is to use a shorter, thicker cable.
When charging from a PC, if the tablet is charging slowly or does not do it at all, you should first replace the wire and try to connect to a different port. Also, it will not be superfluous to check the system parameters. By default, power scenarios set the option to disable the USB port or put it into sleep mode when there is no activity. In this case, the tablet SIMply does not receive power.
DOES NOT charge when charging is indicated
If the device shows charging, but does not charge, there may be only three possible reasons.
- For charging, NOT the supplied AC adapter is used Some modern manufacturers, primarily NTS and Sony, insist on using only their own voltage converters. To do this, they resort to various tricks, ranging from non-standard wiring of contact groups, ending with the control of adapter parameters. Some series of Samsung tablets have the same problem. For the device to start charging, it is enough to plug it into the socket with the supplied AC adapter.
- If the tablet is not charging, the device may not have enough adapter power. Modern devices require a current of NOT lower than 500 mA (the standard value for a computer USB port). If your tablet battery is NOT charging, you should look for a more powerful AC adapter.
- The situation when the tablet is charging, but not charging, may be due to the fact that the energy is being consumed faster than it comes in. For example, the device is connected to a weak adapter and at the same time the network exchange is actively going on. Music or movies are being played. Another reason is the malfunctioning of the charge control system. This situation occurs when installing energy saving applications, and not developed for this particular model. In this case, the charging circuit and the measurement of process parameters are violated.
- The last factor why the tablet does not charge well is commonplace dirt. It is necessary to carefully inspect the condition of the contacts, if necessary, clean them. The connector should fit moderately into the socket, with a click into the final position. If there is a backlash and lack of reliable fixation, it is advisable to fix the tablet by replacing the charging interface.
Tablet does not turn on: Possible problems
All mini-laptop malfunctions boil down to two problems: a failure in hardware components and software troubles. In order to be able to independently, if not “revive” the tablet (for example, an ASUS tablet, which does not turn on), then at least understand the cause of the breakdown and what to do, you should understand each of the factors.
To reset all settings of a tablet (for example, such as Huawei MediaPad T3 10) to factory settings, you need to activate the Recovery program. It is launched by a certain combination of buttons, but which ones, each manufacturer decides at its discretion.
The most popular ciphers:
- Turn on the volume (turn up)
- Reduce the sound side power button;
- Power Home reduce sound;
- Sound Start Home.
One of THESE configurations will work 100% and enable the required software. After the tool starts, information SIMilar to the one in the picture below will appear on the screen. Using the sound adjustment button, the search is carried out on the term “wipe data / factory reset”. To press it, Power is used.
Next, an inscription will light up, which will warn that due to such a “hard” reboot, all downloaded data, personal information, contacts, etc. Will be deleted. You can save part of the information by removing the SIM card and flash drive beforehand.
Now click Yes and wait for the procedure to complete. After a factory reset, the tablet will turn on by itself (tested on Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70L model).
You can read about other brand tablets, for example, in this article: Lenovo TAB 2 A7-10F Tablet Review: One in a Million
The tablet turns on but does not boot
If the touch device gives “signs of life”, but the case does not send further than the logo on the screen, the reasons may be very different. The table below shows the most common ones:
Tip: To avoid data loss in case of possible tablet malfunctions, it will not be superfluous to regularly back up the most useful information. You can transfer files to the cloud or any other selected device.
What to do if the tablet does not turn on. 2 Possible problems and 3 ways to solve them
Do you know the situation when, when you turn on the tablet, it SIMply refuses to work, still remaining Malevich’s black square? The user’s sensations in the first seconds after that. a panic fear of the possibility of serious damage. But you should not despair, because most of the problems of tablet devices can be easily solved, you just need to understand the nuances of the device. So why the tablet may NOT turn on and how to fix the situation? The article offers detailed instructions for a home repairman.
When the visual diagnostics of the tablet did not reveal chips, cracks, blurring on the screen, second defects and the likelihood of hardware failures completely “disappeared”. we can assume that the cause of the breakdown lies in the software component.
In this case, the tablet may NOT turn on due to:
- Defects the device with malicious viruses or codes.
- Malfunctions of downloaded software.
- Damage to the operating system or INDIVIDUAL applications.
- Incorrect work of the basic settings of the gadget.
It is not easy to determine which item from this list has brought chaos to the tablet program, but you can try to reanimate it with a few SIMple steps.
Using Safe Mode
This technique will be effective if it succeeds in launching the tablet, but its work leaves much to be desired: constant lags, system freezes, and more. To eliminate all interference with the normal functioning of the device, use the safe mode.
You can enter it by opening the settings menu of the tablet PC. the “Power off” button. hold it. It will ask if the user wants to go to Safe Mode. It must be confirmed that yes. The next field will open, in which you can delete all unnecessary files, installed programs and applications that cause incorrect operation of the device. And to update the system, you just need to restart the device.
The problem lies in the equipment itself, that is, there was a breakdown of some element or the contacts came off. The most common causes of hardware failures are:
“Ripped” micro usb slot;
- Connecting incompatible or non-working components to the tablet (same charging)
- Any damage to the board elements;
- The power button itself has “fuse” or “hung”;
- The battery life has come to the end;
- The loop of the screen inside the tablet has disappeared.
The first thing to do is find a 100% working charge, connect it to a tablet (for example, to Lenovo TAB 3 850M) and leave it there for 2-3 hours. After such manipulations, even gadgets whose battery was very strongly DISCHARGED and the power controller has already disconnected it from the charge circuit often “come to life”. You can check if the battery is charging by touching the power supply: it must be warm or hot.
If a miracle did not happen, and other ideas on how to launch the tablet, if it does not turn on, did not arise in my head, the only way out is to contact the service center. If your tablet is still under warranty, you can get a free repair. The exceptions are cases where there is mechanical damage or contact with water.
How can you fix a software glitch?
If a tablet from Samsung, Lenovo or a second brand does not turn on, but the user knows for sure that the device did not fall and did NOT suffer from the second kind of damage, it is worth performing 3 procedures.
When working with a computer or laptop, it is the restart of the system that helps the technician get out of the “stupor” The same technique is valid for the tablet. To reboot it, you need to hold the power button for 10-15 seconds, then try again to launch the tablet.
You may be interested in: What is the difference between a tablet and a laptop
Has nothing changed? Then the second option:
- Find a small button or a hole with the inscription Reset on the case;
- Take a thin object (pin or paper clip), and gently press the button;
- Withstand up to 15 seconds.
Try to turn on the device. Perhaps it is after THESE actions that the tablet PC will start.
Important! The Reset button is not available on all tablet models. Often only state employees are equipped with such an element.
The new tablet does not turn on, but there are a minimum of options, what to do? The same will come to the rescue. The new device has a large amount of accumulated information, and then the whole process will take a couple of minutes.
So, what to do if the tablet does not turn on, and how to identify the causes of the breakdown:
- Inspect the device for traces of impact or fall;
- Check if the device is charging;
- Try restarting while holding the Start button.
If the actions done did not have an effect. do a full reset. When even this did NOT work, there is only one way out. delivery for repair.
Faulty charger (charger)
Chargers for inexpensive tablets fail quite often. And sometimes they DO NOT initially meet the nominal characteristics. Such a memory device can “cunningly pretend” to be functional, but the current it produces is so rice that the Ego’s gadget is not enough (An average tablet computer consumes about 2 A).
When connected to a “half-dead” charger, the following picture is possible:
- Tablet shows charging but won’t charge.
- The tablet charges several times longer than usual.
- The charge level does not rise, but falls, despite the fact that the indicator shows the charging process.
To check this version Connect the device to a known good charger or external battery, the voltage and current of which correspond to the rating of your charger. If the problem is resolved, the charger should be replaced.
By the way, the USB port of a computer is NOT suitable for testing, since it gives out only 0.5 A (USB 2.0) or 0.9 A (USB 3.0) instead of the required two.
Software glitch, viruses
The reason that the tablet takes too long to charge and quickly discharges may be common viruses. Some of them, unnoticed by the owner, use the computing resources of the processor, Wi-Fi, cellular communications, turn on the camera and microphone. This requires additional energy.
We recently talked about how to deal with viruses on Android gadgets. The tips given in that article are also relevant for other devices: if you suspect an infection, immediately scan the system and removable media with a good antivirus.
Software failures of a different origin (not related to viruses) can manifest the following symptoms:
- Incorrect charge indication.
- Discharging too fast.
- Incomplete charge (when a certain indicator is reached. less than 100%, the charge level stops increasing).
- The device “thinks” that it is charging when the charger is not even connected to it.
To fix this problem, try the following (one does not help. go to the second, etc.):
- Remove apps that you installed the day before the crash.
- Perform 2-3 full discharge cycles (before shutdown) and then charge the battery for 6-8 hours.
- Reset your operating system to factory settings.
Malfunction of the charging system and / or power supply of the tablet
Internal power system problems are one of the common reasons why a Chinese-made tablet does not charge. Explanation. low quality of the element base and assembly.
Devices of well-known manufacturers “fall ill” with this disease more often due to the fault of users. For example, due to the connection to them of cheap, low-quality chargers (especially car chargers), careless handling (drops, shocks), liquid getting inside.
Outwardly, the malfunction manifests itself in many ways:
- The tablet shows charging at all times, including when NOT connected to a charger. Conversely: does not detect the power supply when connected.
- Charging from time to time stops being detected.
- The battery runs out quickly even after turning off the gadget.
- The tablet does not turn on, turns off by itself or hangs tightly (until reboot).
- Charge indicator shows wrong numbers.
- The tablet gets very hot while charging.
Attention! Excessive heat build-up during charging may indicate damage to the battery. It is impossible to operate and charge such a device: faulty lithium batteries tend to ignite and even explode!
The culprit of the problem may be a connector, a power controller microcircuit (it also controls charging), elements of its strapping or a battery. At home, without knowledge of electrical engineering and diagnostic tools, the problem cannot be solved, therefore it is best to refer the gadget to specialists.
Overdischarge of the battery
Rechargeable batteries of tablets operate in a narrow voltage range: from 4.1-4.3 V to 2.7-3.3 V. A higher indicator corresponds to 100% charge, a smaller one. 0%. When the voltage drops below the threshold level, the protective controller (a small scarf connected to the battery cells) disconnects the battery from the current consumers (tablet devices) in order to prevent further discharge and failure. But at the same time, the battery is also disconnected from the charging circuit, that is, it loses the ability not only to discharge, but also to replenish the reserves of electricity.
When the charge level drops to 10-15%, the tablet, in theory, should turn off, but sometimes this does not happen. As a result, an overdischarge occurs, and the gadget stops responding to a charger connected to it.
In order for the battery to regain the ability to charge, its cell voltage must rise to 2.7-3.3 V. This can be achieved in two ways: slow and fast.
- The “slow” method is very SIMple: Connect the charger to the tablet, plug it in, and leave it on for a few hours. Protective controllers of lithium batteries are capable of detecting a connected charger and, when voltage appears at the terminals, allow charging.
- The quick method or, as it is called, “push” the battery, is recommended only for experienced users. It can be used to restore the normal charging function in 10-30 minutes, but this requires some well-known electrical engineering and the ability to disassemble your tablet. Let’s dwell on it in more detail.
What to do if your tablet won’t charge or you’re having trouble charging
Battery charging problem is one of the most common tablet computer problems. It is especially often found on unnamed products of Chinese craftsmen: it can even be argued that it is typical for tablets costing 30-50. Branded models of popular brands. Asus, Lenovo, Samsung, etc., They do not suffer from this so often, but sometimes you have to tinker with them.
Most charging faults are hardware-related, but some are caused by software glitches and are fairly easy to fix. Let’s talk about the reasons for the charging “glitches” of the tablets and how to “revive” the iron friend on their own, when possible.
The lithium-ion and lithium-polymer rechargeable batteries that are used in tablet computers last less than the device: about 2-4 years. But their performance depends more strongly NOT on the duration, but on the operating conditions: the number of charge cycles (battery life) is inversely proportional to the depth of charge-discharge: the greater the latter, the faster wear and tear occurs.
As the battery ages, it loses capacity. When there is very little of it, the tablet discharges from 100% to 0% in less than an hour. In addition, a battery that has exhausted its resource is characterized by an incorrect indication: the system shows a higher or lower charge level than it actually is.
To solve this problem, you guessed it, just replace the battery with a new one. To do this, you will need the skills of disassembling your gadget and soldering (in tablets, the batteries are most often soldered).
When choosing a new battery, you should look at the following:
- Voltage 3.7 (3.8 V) or 7.4 V. This figure should exactly match your.
- Dimensions: length, width and thickness do not necessarily have to be the same as the old one, but the new battery must fit freely into the case. You cannot squeeze it.
- Capacity (in milliampere-hours). Desirable NOT lower than it was.
- Number of contacts: they can be 2 (positive and negative) or 3 (plus, minus and the output of the temperature sensor). If the old battery had 2 contacts, any will do (the third wire You can not solder), if 3. it is advisable to take the same.
- Novelty. The battery “not of the first freshness”, most likely, does NOT correspond to the declared capacity, since during long-term storage the latter decreases.
The owner of branded components, such as Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 or iPad, has an easier choice. they should look for a battery specifically for their model.
How to “push” a discharged lithium battery
To do this, you will need:
- An unnecessary charger from a phone or other device with a nominal voltage of 5-12 V.
- Resistor (the value is selected depending on the voltage of the charger). To “push” the battery, a current within the range of 0.1-0.05 A is sufficient, you should not exceed this level because of the danger of fire. The resistor is calculated using the formula: R (resistance) = U (voltage) / I (current). For example, to get 0.05 A from a 5 V charger, a 100 Ω resistor is required.
- Soldering iron (optional).
- Cut off the connector from the charger and strip the tip of the wires 3-5 mm. Determine the positive and negative wires with a voltmeter. The first is usually red, the second is black.
- To the positive wire Connect the resistor (you can just screw it on, but it’s better to solder it).
- Let’s analyze the tablet. The negative wire of the charger Connect (solder or glue with tape) to the battery terminals marked with a (-), the other end of the resistor. to the terminals marked.
- Plug the charger into an outlet.
- After the voltage at the battery terminals rises to 3.3 V, remove the structure and connect the tablet to the power source through the connector. It will now charge as usual.
Attention! In the process of “pushing”, I definitely control the temperature of the battery with my hand. If it starts to noticeably heat up, immediately Disconnect it from the power source.