HDMI, or composite connector
Any modern TV has one or more HDMI ports. This technology allows you to transfer high quality video data at high speed.
It is possible to display the image from the iPhone by directly connecting the cable between the phone and the HDMI TV port. At the same time, it is even possible to show videos in high quality without delay. And it is available for all Smart TVs and regular TVs with the corresponding connector regardless of the model: LG, Samsung, Sony, etc.
There is no need to install additional software, but you need to connect the Apple Lightning port (or for earlier models. 30-pin) and HDMI / VGA. But, accordingly, you need to purchase an Apple AV cable and Lightning Digital AV adapter.
- Devices are disconnected;
- We connect the cable to the HDMI port on the TV, and the other to the AV adapter;
- We connect the adapter to the iPhone;
- Now you need to turn on both devices;
- After switching on, the desired connection should appear automatically.
If the automatic installation did not occur, then manually it is done like this. On the iPhone, in the settings, activate the transmission via HDMI, and on the TV, select the HDMI signal as the source, which is involved (if there are several ports)
Of the shortcomings, it can be noted that a special wire and adapter are needed to connect, fortunately, the market offers many different options. And the presence of a wire reduces the comfort of use in this way.
If you can’t connect to HDMI, you can use the composite connector (otherwise called “tulip”) and Apple’s Lightning VGA adapter. This option is suitable if the TV has an analog input.
- Connect adapter to iPhone.
- Connect the cable to the TV (each plug must be inserted into the corresponding jack). In the VGA cable, the audio input is connected separately.
- After connecting the devices, the settings should be loaded automatically. If this does not happen, you will need to perform a manual configuration.
- Turn on the TV to the required input signal. To do this, in the TV settings, the iPhone is selected as the signal source.
- You can now play videos on your phone. over, on earlier iPhone models, only programs that play media content will be displayed, and in later models, the screen will be duplicated.
Composite and 30-pin connector does not support Full HD data transmission
Wireless via DLNA
DLNA technology allows compatible devices to share a variety of content over your home network. If we translate the decryption of the abbreviation DLNA, we get the “digital home network alliance”. Connecting devices using this technology can be both wired (ethernet) and wireless (WI-FI).
How to transfer video from iPhone to TV using this technology. For transferring files to TV, consider the wireless method. To do this, we need a WI-FI network, to which it will be possible to connect both the TV and the iPhone.
For LG TV equipment, you will need to install the Smart Share program, and for Samsung. AllShare, for other models you also need to find out which software is suitable for these purposes.
For iPhone, you can download Twonky Beam. The app is free. It has a number of built-in services, with the help of which it is immediately possible to display the image on the TV. Including a built-in browser. When the application starts, you need to determine the device through which the file will be played.
There are also applications such as iMediaShare, TV Assist, Belkin MediaPlay. The principle of their work is similar.
If you plan to frequently use data transfer to TV, then it is better to download a paid program once to ensure full functionality and no advertising. When you start the application, you will need to select a TV from the list and you can start transferring content.
If the TV does not have a WI-FI module or it is not compatible with iPhone applications, you can use a transmitter that connects to the TV device via HDMI input, and receives a signal from the phone wirelessly.
You can install the AirBEAM TV app on your TV and transfer data by enabling AirPlay on your iPhone. But this software is not suitable for all TVs, so first you need to use the trial version (since the application is paid) to check compatibility with your TV.
For example, consider how to use the connection option for a Samsung TV.
- Turn on TV and connect to home network WI-FI.
- On iPhone, launch AirPlay and select a TV from the resulting list of devices.
- Now the phone screen will be mirrored on the TV.
- Except in rare cases, no additional equipment is required;
- Need special applications to connect both devices;
- The data transfer speed may not be too high due to the limited bandwidth (this applies to the wireless connection);
- The emergence of new video formats may not be readable on TV.
Another option is to use Wi-Fi Direct technology. In this case, the transfer will be carried out directly from one device to another without using a router.
In order to use Wi-Fi Direct technology, both TV and mobile devices must support it.
- On the iPhone, find the menu “Wireless networks and connections”. “Wi-Fi Direct”. “Activate”;
- Find “Network”. “Wi-Fi Direct” on the TV equipment;
- Select your iPhone from the list and send a connection request.
Using an Apple TV box
Apple TV is a device designed to transfer data to the TV screen from Internet services, iTunes, any Apple devices: players, computers, smartphones and tablets.
Apple TV provides access to all kinds of video and audio resources, and if you do not have a Smart TV, then it will give it the functionality of such.
This set-top box is a small device that transmits data in streaming mode, that is, it does not store it. Can play HD and Full HD without lag and with multi-channel audio.
Connects Apple TV to TV via HDMI or analog connector.
AirPlay is a technology developed by Apple for wirelessly streaming media content between devices that are compatible with this technology.
After connecting the Apple TV set-top box, you need to connect all devices to the WI-FI network and turn on the AirPlay option on the iPhone.
You can enable Screen Mirroring on iPhone to mirror your phone screen on TV.
But if you do not have an Apple TV set-top box, and you do not want to purchase it (and its cost is rather big), then the question arises whether it is possible to use AirPlay without an Apple TV device.
For displaying on the computer screen, there are programs (at the moment AirServer and Reflector are considered the best) that can replace Apple TV. And dr.fone for iOS, which, among other features, has the ability to repeat the screen of a mobile device on a monitor.
But in order to play content on a TV without an Apple TV, you need to look for alternative ways. In particular, by installing the iMediaShare application, but this already applies to DLNA technology. Although the application may well replace the purchase of an Apple set-top box.
In addition, analogues of the Apple TV device appear on the market, for example, the BSPW-100U adapter (universal wireless dongle). It supports AirPlay, but you can broadcast through it not only from the iPhone, but also from devices with other operating systems.
Broadcasting from the phone can be carried out in automatic and manual mode.
In the first case, this is done as follows:
- Connect the TV device and the phone to the same WI-FI network;
- Open YouTube app on TV;
- Synchronization should be done automatically;
- In order to start broadcasting, you need to select “Screen”. “Broadcast” in the phone settings;
- From the list you need to select the device to which the transfer will be performed.
If the transfer did not work, then you can check the Internet connection settings or try to connect manually:
- You need to launch the YouTube application on your TV and go to “Settings”;
- Find the item “Connect the TV to the phone”;
- Check “Manual” on the page;
- Open the YouTube application on the iPhone and also go to “Settings”;
- Select “View on TV” and enter the code that appears on the TV screen;
- After that, the phone display should be duplicated on the TV.
You can also go from your phone to the link: https://www.YouTube.com/TV.
And the connection is performed in the same way as in the application.
Via Chromecast media player
This device is manufactured by Google. It is designed for streaming media content, but unlike the Apple TV set-top box, it does not have such a set of features. Chromecast is a small gadget, similar to a USB flash drive, which is inserted into the HDMI connector, and transfers from mobile devices via WI-FI.
To transfer images or to view something from iPhone, you need to do the following:
- Download the Google Home app (compatible version of the operating system. iOS 9.1) or Chromecast to your phone.
- You must have a Google account, an HDMI port on your TV, and a home secure WI-FI network.
- In the software downloaded to the phone, you need to connect to the Chromecast option and to the WI-FI network.
It should be noted that not all Internet resources will be available in this way. Compatible, for example, are Play Movies and Music, YouTube.
In this case, the screen is not duplicated, but simply the phone sends requests, what and how to search, and the content is downloaded from the Internet.
Photo Cast transfers pictures, photos and videos from gallery to TV well, but for Full HD quality you need a paid version.
But in general, there are still many drawbacks: the connection may be interrupted or data may be transmitted with a delay. And the biggest disadvantage is that there are too few resources from which you can view content.
This method is only suitable for viewing photos and images, as well as videos that are stored in the Files menu on your phone. In this case, the phone will act as a storage disk and there will be no screen mirroring. To connect, just connect the cable from the iPhone to the Lightning connector of the phone and to the USB port on the TV.
Before connecting the device, it is better to disconnect.
How can I output video from the iPhone in this case and is it possible to watch a movie?
Jailbreak significantly expands the functionality of iPhones, but a device with such plugins is not subject to warranty service and cannot be updated to a new version.
How to Fix “Device Unreachable” When Copying from iPhone
Hello everyone! Let’s not get overwhelmed and get down to business right away. So, today I urgently needed to transfer a lot of videos and photos from iPhone to computer. It would seem, what could be the problem? I take an iPhone (computer, wire), with a refined movement I combine all this stuff, on the phone I confidently press “Allow the device to access photos and videos”, select the necessary files, copy them to the folder I need and
This is where such troubles begin, for which life has not yet prepared me. In short, this is what happens. everything hangs tightly, files are not copied, and the best (as Microsoft tells us) Windows 10 operating system shows a “red cross” and a “wonderful” error “The device is unreachable”.
I, just in case, even took a screenshot.
I think, okay, maybe Windows 10 is “buggy”. I’ll deal with the computer later. In the meantime, I’ll take out a laptop with the good old “seven” and put the pictures there. no, but the solution to the problem.
I connect my iPhone to my Windows 7 laptop, start copying files and of course! History repeats itself! However, the error text has changed a little and now Windows reports that “The device attached to the system is not working.” But the meaning, as you understand, does not change much from this.
Time goes by, but photos and videos need to be thrown off.
- I take another wire. everything is the same.
- I transfer files via AirDrop to iPad and try to copy photos and videos through it. But with the iPad, everything is the same. either “The device is unreachable” (Win 10), or “The device connected to the system does not work” (Win 7).
- I delete the normal iTunes (the one with the App Store and other “chips”) and put “normal”. there is no result.
And here I have a strong, as modern teenagers say, “burned out”.
There is one article for the entire Internet (only written in different words on different sites). In which it is assumed that everything is to blame:
How to Transfer Videos from iPhone to PC (and Windows to iPhone). UPDATED
- “Curve” version of iOS (!).
- Windows and iOS version compatibility (!!).
- Wrong selection of data transfer function (.).
It’s a fiasco, bro! © Young man with a dog.
I must say right away that none of the above, of course, is the cause of the “Device unreachable” error.
The whole hitch is in the new file format that Apple introduced with iOS 11 and which, accordingly, smoothly flowed into the next firmware versions.
So, we are interested in two options on the iPhone or iPad:
- Settings. Photos. Transfer to PC and Mac. The default is “Automatic”.
- Settings. Camera. Formats. The default is “High Efficiency”.
iPhone (iPad) captures photos and videos in the new HEIF / HEVC formats (for high efficiency), and converts them to a compatible format when transferred to a computer. But if the size of the files is large, then at the stage of this conversion there is a slight freeze and, as a result, the error “Device is unreachable”.
- Change just one setting. Open “Preferences. Photos. Transfer to PC and Mac” and select “Transfer originals”.
- Perform a forced restart. How to hard reset. instructions for all iPhone models!
Everything. After that, there will be no problems when copying photos and videos from iPhone.
You ask: “What about the second option, the one that is” Camera. Formats “?” Here act as you wish.
- If you want “standard” JPEG / H.264, then select “Most Compatible”.
- If you want “newfangled” HEIF / HEVC, then leave “High efficiency”.
I chose “Most Compatible” just in case. Still, not all programs work with HEIF / HEVC formats, so let it be better if my iPhone shoots “the old fashioned way”. It will be calmer 🙂
To download a video from an iPhone to a computer using Apple’s cloud service, the user needs to:
- And by entering your Apple ID account information in the appropriate fields.
- Open one of the directories shared with the cloud storage that appeared in the “Explorer”.
- Find your video and copy it to any other directory on your PC.
- If the folder is empty or you can’t reset the video, you should check if you are logged in to your iCloud account by opening the “Settings” of your phone and going to the “Accounts” section. it’s as easy as clearing your iPhone completely.
Note: you can also perform the opposite task using the iCloud cloud service. upload a video from a computer to an iPhone.
Downloading a video from iPhone to your computer using a proprietary application is no more difficult than finding out your Apple ID. A user who wants to transfer a video to a computer must:
- Launch the application and, if required, log in to it.
- Connect iPhone and wait for the app to detect the device. At this stage, in no case need to start the synchronization process. otherwise the videos stored on the iPhone may be deleted.
- Find the section “On my device”, go to the subsection “Movies” or another, where the video can be stored, and transfer the file from the iPhone to the hard drive of the computer.
Tip: If iPhone does not connect to your computer via USB, you can try connecting the devices over Wi-Fi by allowing the appropriate action in iPhone Settings.
How to Transfer Videos from iPhone to Computer?
The owner of a device from Apple Inc., who knows how to download a movie to an iPad or iPhone, and who has already learned how to use a file manager, no doubt knows how to shoot video with a camera. and, quite possibly, does it as well as professionals. Then a new task arises: to prevent the iPhone memory from overflowing, from time to time transfer files to the computer. We will talk about the simplest ways to resolve the issue.
Memory card adapter
Finally, you can copy a video from an iPhone to a computer using a special device that allows you to connect a microSD to your phone or, depending on the modification, even a USB flash drive.
- Place the required video in any directory in the internal memory of the iPhone, and then copy it to the memory card. Remove media from iPhone, connect to PC.
Tip: if the iPhone does not detect the connected memory card, you should try to reformat it. change NTFS to FAT32 or ex-FAT.
This option may not work with the most recent generations of iOS, but older devices still allow you to download videos from iPhone without any “intermediate links” without problems. The iPhone owner must:
- Connect the device to a PC using a USB cable, then wait until it is recognized by the operating system and go to the DCIM folder.
- Here, having found the required video, you need to right-click on it.
Advice: first, the user needs to make sure that the video is on the device in the specified folder. and if it is not there, transfer it to 100APPLE using any available file manager.
It will be possible to transfer video from iPhone to computer using proprietary services: iTunes and iCloud. For older generations of iOS, direct device connection with Windows Explorer is available. If you have an adapter for memory cards, you can first copy the file to a microSD or USB flash drive, and then to any directory on your PC.
Use third-party cloud storage, for example, Google Photo or Yandex.Disk
Alternatively, use third-party cloud storage such as Google Photo (unlimited space for free, the program allows you to delete photos and videos uploaded to the “cloud” from the device), Yandex.Disk and so on, which often have a more loyal policy and provide more free space for free basis.
You can post photos permanently on social networks, for example, on Instagram (you can create albums) Odnoklassniki, etc.
Download photos and videos from iPhone to computer (Windows or Mac) and then from computer to new iPhone
In addition to the fashionable wireless transfer of photos and videos between devices, there is an older one. transmission via cable. Since direct cable transmission between iOS devices is not supported by Apple, a computer is used as an intermediate link.
How to save photos and videos from iPhone (iPad) to a Mac or Windows computer, USB flash drive or external hard drive, we described in detail in this material.
After the necessary photos and videos are on the computer, transfer (copy) them to a new iPhone or iPad using any of the following methods:
- Uploading photos and videos from a computer to cloud services, for example, Google Photo or Yandex.Disk. After the photos and videos are uploaded to the “cloud”, all that remains is to download the corresponding iOS applications to the new iPhone.
- Copy photos and videos from computer to iPhone using iTunes application. Instructions: for photos and for videos.
- Send a photo using AirDrop (Mac only).
- Transfer photos using third-party applications such as BitTorrents Sync.
- Sending photos and videos from computer to iPhone by email (e-mail).
Transfer Large Videos From iPhone To PC Or Mac | Transfer iPhone Videos To PC | 2019 Tutorial
Transfer from iPhone to iPhone
Apple has implemented the AirDrop function as conveniently as possible.
Make sure both iPhones have Bluetooth modules turned on.
On the receiving device, open Control Center, tap the wireless widget, and then tap the AirDrop button and select the option “For all” or “For contacts only”.
On the iPhone (iPad) from which the photo will be sent or
Tap on the “Select” button in the upper right corner.
Instead of the AirDrop icon, a list of available contacts for sending content will appear. Select the required contact from the list, after which the transfer of photos and videos to another iPhone (iPad, Mac) will begin.
Upload all photos and videos to iCloud Music Library
Automatic upload of the entire library to the “cloud” iCloud solves problems with the storage and movement of photos and videos. The process is completely automatic and every new moment of life is immediately placed in its own storage on a remote Apple server, and then on all user’s devices linked by one Apple ID account.
Setting up such a system is very simple. on your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad, open Settings → Apple ID (topmost section) → iCloud → Photos and activate the switch opposite the item “iCloud Media Library”.
True, all this joy will last exactly until 5 free gigabytes of cloud storage allocated by Apple runs out. As an option. to purchase additional space. the are not so high, and the ecosystem created by the Cupertinos will work practically without restrictions, because the cloud still stores backups of all devices, documents and other data.
If there is no desire to buy something, then, as one of the temporary measures, optimization of the content for the displays of iOS devices can serve, instead of the original file size, although in most cases this option turns out to be useless due to the huge number of saved photos and videos on the device.
How to transfer photos and videos from one iPhone (iPad, Mac) to another using AirDrop
AirDrop technology (Bluetooth and Wi-Fi data transfer) is great for transferring data between iPhone, iPod touch, iPad and Mac. The data transfer speed is quite decent.
Transfer Photos and Videos from iPhone (iPad) to Mac
On a Mac, open the stock File Explorer and select AirDrop from the left side menu. All that remains is to press the “Turn on Bluetooth” button (if it is off) and send files from the iPhone or any other iOS gadget using the method described above.
In case AirDrop is missing from the sidebar, go to Finder → Preferences (or press Command (⌘) comma (,)). There, open the “Side Menu” tab and in the “Side Menu Items” section, check the box next to the AirDrop item.
How to Transfer Videos from iPhone to Computer?
IPhone owners shoot videos every day using their smartphones, but more often than not, this creativity remains in the device’s memory. There are several reasons: some simply do not want to bother about this, while others have not figured out how to do it correctly using iTunes. We recently reviewed the easiest way to download videos from iPhone to YouTube, now it’s time to talk about how to download videos from iPhone to computer.
In iOS 7, the standard Photos app is responsible for storing not only photos, but also videos. That is why saving a collection of multimedia files has become much easier.
How to Transfer Videos from iPhone to Mac Using Image Capture
Connect your iPhone to your computer. Image Capture should start automatically, otherwise go to the Program folder and open it manually
In Image Capture, specify where to import photos
Click on the Options button, go to the Options tab and set the option Remove objects from the camera after loading, of course, only if you want to free up space on your iPhone
After exiting the options, click the Download All button to upload videos and photos from iPhone to your computer
How to Transfer Videos from iPhone to Mac with iPhoto
Connect your iPhone to your computer. IPhoto will automatically launch (if the program is not installed, you can download it here)
In the iPhoto interface, click Import All to save all media or Import. selected to download individual photos or videos to your computer
After the import is complete, you will be prompted to delete photos from the device. here you can decide for yourself whether you need them on the device or not.
How to Download Videos from iPhone to Windows 7 or Windows Vista
Connect your iPhone to your computer. If the autorun window opens, click Import images and videos using Windows, otherwise you need to do it manually. To do this, go to Computer, find the icon of the connected iPhone and right-click on it and select Import Pictures and Videos
Click on Import Options and select the folder where you want to upload videos and photos from your iPhone
Click OK, then Import
Wait for the import to finish and check if all media files are in the specified folder
In Windows 7 and Windows Vista, the automatic import of photos and videos is significantly more stable than in Windows 8, but it still sometimes crashes. You can always copy all media files from your device by going to the Computer folder. [Your device]. Internal Storage. DCIM. 100APPLE.
How to Download Videos from iPhone to Windows 8
Windows 8 also has several ways to save photos, but there is only one fully functional working one:
Connect your iPhone to your computer and go to the Computer folder. [Your device]
Go to the \ Internal Storage \ DCIM \ 100APPLE folder, which contains all your photos and videos
Select all files or a few specific ones and copy them to the required folder on your computer
This method is not the easiest and most convenient, and photos are not automatically deleted from the device, but all alternative methods simply save not all media files from your iPhone.
Downloading photos from iCloud
To do this, the iPhone must already be synced. To set up synchronization. follow the steps.
2 Go to your Apple account.
3 Next “iCloud Photo Library iCloud“. Now you need to wait for the complete synchronization of images.
4 When everything is ready, open “This Computer iCloud Photos” in Windows. If the program is not yet installed, you can download it from the official website: https://support.Apple.com/ru-ru/HT204283
5 Click on “Upload photos and videos”. After that, everything will be downloaded to your computer in the “Downloads” folder.
If you have any questions, then ask them in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев.
Previously, I used only 1 method of transferring photos, and by the simplicity of all data through the cloud, in extreme cases I threw everything through the social network. I did not even suspect that it was possible to transfer data in another way (in article 1 and 2). Now I will use it. P.S While reading the article, a couple of questions have matured:. Is it possible to import information if you forgot your smartphone password?. Is it possible to transfer notes in this way?
Notes can be transferred via iCloud. No smartphone password required.
When transferring a photo by copying, it slows down and writes “device not found” I do not understand why this is so it hangs on import, after clicking “next” there are 7000 photos on the phone, maybe it stops it; (I’ll try through iCloud. Thanks
At the initial stage of operation of the Apple iPhone, users have many questions related to the implementation of elementary procedures. How to install the game? How to download music files to iPhone? What is scrubbing? Why won’t iPhone photos transfer to my computer? It is to the last question that we will try to answer today.
Your OS recognizes the iPhone just like a digital camera and can copy images from it just like a memory card.
- And this is done on Mac: connect iPhone to computer, open iPhoto. As soon as the program sees the connected iPhone, it will enter Import mode. We select the option “Delete photos after importing” if you want to clear the memory of the iPhone camera phone after copying.
- It’s a little different on Windows. After connecting the iPhone, a dialog box will appear offering all kinds of programs that you can use to access your phone. This list should contain some kind of photo managers (Picasa, Photoshop Elements, Photoshop Album, etc.) or at worst, the built-in Windows image manager (Scanner and Camera Wizard in Windows XP, using Windows in Vista) We choose the program you like. You can also check the box next to “Always use this program for this action”, so you do not have to select the desired program every time, this action will occur automatically.
If you still can’t import photos to your computer, or your computer doesn’t recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch as a camera, follow these steps.
Check if you can use iCloud Music Library or My Photo Stream
If you’ve turned on iCloud Music Library on your Mac and iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, your photos may already be on your computer. Follow these steps to check for photos in Photos for macOS. Alternatively, go to iCloud.com and open Photos to view your entire library and select photos to import. If you haven’t turned on iCloud Music Library, try using My Photo Stream to access your photos on your computer.
If you’re not using iCloud Music Library or My Photo Stream, try the following:
- Check connections and update software.
- Try importing photos using a different Apple USB cable.
- If the import still fails, update the software.
- Download the latest iTunes.
- Try to import photos again.
Try importing a new photo
- Take a new photo or save a screenshot on your iOS device by pressing the Home and Sleep / Wake buttons at the same time.
- Connect your iOS device to your computer.
- Try importing photos using photo management software. Alternatively, try the following on your computer.
- On your Mac, open Image Capture from the Applications folder.
- On a PC, go to the Microsoft website to learn how to import photos in Windows 10, Windows 8, or Windows 7. If your computer does not recognize your device, make sure it is trusted on the device.
Try using a different computer
If the camera does not appear in Device Manager, check the health of your iOS device by connecting it to another computer. If the iOS device is recognized as a camera on another computer, contact Microsoft or other Windows support on your computer for help.
Apple iOS 7 doesn’t trust my computer. Problems transferring photos from iPhone
There is a cruel way if all attempts to enter a password have been exhausted and there is no computer that your iPhone would “trust”.
- Connect iPhone to your computer using the USB cable that comes with the standard kit.
- Apple iPhone will appear among all devices, a personal computer will recognize it as a digital camera.
- To access the Lockdown folder, run the Finder program in Mac OS. In other operating systems, the window of trust in iPhone, iPad and iPod touch is invoked by clearing the Lockdown folder on the computer.
- After “trusting” on the computer, iTunes sees the iPhone.
- You must wait for the computer to detect the digital camera. Then you need to go into the device, select the photos, copy them to the clipboard and move them to a folder on your computer. Using iTunes, you can transfer not only photos to your computer, but also music, ringtones, videos and much more. First, you need to connect your iPhone to your computer with a USD cable. When the computer beeps to notify that a new device is found, open iTunes.
- If the iPhone is configured with email, then photos can be sent via e-mail, and then transferred to a computer. You can transfer photos without connecting a USB cable to your computer; this can be easily done through the shared folder of the Yandex cloud service.
Learn how to transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Mac or Windows computer. We’ll also show you how to use iCloud Photos to make your photos available on all your devices.
Importing photos using Windows
1 We connect the iPhone to the computer via the cord.
2 On the icon of our device, right-click on “Import images and videos”. If you do not have Windows 10, then this item may be different.
3 Then just follow the instructions. All images will be in “This Computer Images”.
Import to PC
You can import photos to your PC by connecting your device and using the Photos program in Windows:
- Make sure your Windows computer is using the latest version of iTunes. Importing photos to your PC requires iTunes 12.5.1 or later.
- Connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to your Windows computer using a USB cable.
- This may require you to unlock your iOS device with a password.
- The iOS device may also display a “Trust this computer” warning. Click “Trust” or “Allow” to continue.
Then follow the steps in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base articles to import your photos into Windows Photos:
After importing videos from an iOS device to your PC, some videos may have the wrong orientation in Windows Photos. By adding these videos to iTunes, you will be able to play them in the correct orientation.
If you have iCloud Photos turned on, you must download the original full-size versions of your photos to iPhone before importing them to your Windows computer. Find out how to do it.
Photos and videos synced from computer to iOS device via iTunes cannot be imported back to computer.
We throw the photo through the conductor
2 We go to “This computer” and find the name of our iPhone. I have this “iPhone 6”.
3 We find inside the DCIM folder, which contains folders with photos.
4 Next, just copy the photos you want to your computer.
Specify a location to save photos and videos
First, choose where to store your collection of photos and videos. You can make them available on all your devices with iCloud Photos. You can also store them locally on your Mac or Windows computer.
IPhone photos won’t open on computer
The easiest way to transfer photos from iPhone to computer is through Windows Explorer. How to do it. read below. 2 more methods will also be affected: through import and iCloud.
By the way, iTunes does not support importing images from iPhone, but just the other way around.
Attention! All these methods apply only to the Windows operating system. If you have a Mac, this is the place for you.
Solution for “Device Unreachable” error when copying from iPhone
Many Windows users face two errors when copying from iPhone: “The device attached to the system is not working” or “The device is not reachable”.
These system messages appear when trying to copy photos or videos from a smartphone to a computer that are connected via a USB / Lighting cable.
Both errors have the same cause, and their wording depends on the version of the Microsoft operating system. For example, Windows 7 reports that the device is down and Windows 10 considers it unreachable.
This is because Apple has introduced two new file storage formats to iOS:
New formats allow you to reduce file size so that more photos and videos you have captured can fit on iPhone.
However, your PC may not have the codecs to view them. Therefore, when copying HEIF / HEVC files from iPhone to computer via cable, they start converting to compatible formats.
This sometimes leads to a freeze in the copy process and the appearance of a Windows system message that the attached iPhone is not working or unreachable.
The solution to the problem is very simple, here’s what to do:
- Open iPhone Settings.
- Scroll to Photos.
- At the very bottom, find the “Transfer to Mac or PC” section and move the checkmark from “Automatic” to “Transfer originals”.
This will force, when copying photos and videos, to transfer them in the format in which they were shot. There will be no conversion and you will not see any errors again.
To shoot in the old JPEG and H.264 formats, which Windows 7 and 10 perfectly understand, you need to change the iPhone camera settings:
- Open “Tinctures”.
- Scroll to Camera and select Formats.
- Change the high performance to the most compatible.
After that, all photos will be stored in JPEG, and videos in H.264.
Please note that if you select the most compatible mode, 1080p at 240fps and 4K at 60fps will not be available.
Now you can transfer files from iPhone to PC without system error that the device is unreachable when copying.
How to Fix “Device Unreachable” Error on iPhone
Given the reasons for the error, there are two options for fixing it:
- Disable converting photos and videos to iPhone when copying to a computer or laptop with Windows.
- Slow down copying speed.
The first can be done as follows:
- Disconnect your phone from your computer.
- Go to “Settings”. “Photo”.
- At the bottom of the Photos preferences page, under Transfer to Mac or PC, set Transfer Originals instead of Automatic.
- Done. You can reconnect your iPhone and copy photos and videos, now without errors.
Please note that this will copy photos and videos to your computer in HEIC and HEVC formats, which may not be supported by your player or photo viewer. There are two solutions. enable photos in JPG on the iPhone so that shooting is immediately carried out in this format, or use special HEIF / HEIC codecs for Windows.
It is also possible to use third-party programs to open such files: Best photo viewers (XnView has a free plug-in for HEIC), VLC Media Player (can play HEVC H.265 videos).
The second method, namely “slowing down the copy speed” involves connecting your iPhone to your computer using a USB 2.0 port instead of 3.0. As a rule, in this case, the copying error “Device unreachable” does not occur, since the phone has time to convert files to the desired format.
Device is unreachable when copying photos and videos from iPhone. how to fix
When copying a photo or video via cable from an iPhone and iPad to a Windows 10 or 8.1 computer, you may receive a message that an error occurred while copying a file or folder with the information The device is unreachable. And sometimes some files are copied without problems, while others. with the specified error.
In this short instruction. about the reasons for what is happening and two ways to fix the “Device unreachable” error on iPhone and iPad when copying video files and photos from them to a computer or laptop with Windows. Also useful: Empty DCIM (iPhone Internal Storage) folder on iPhone. why and what to do.
Cause of “Device unreachable” error
By default, new iPhones and iPads shoot photos and videos in HEIC and HEVC formats, respectively, while if you connect your phone to a computer with Windows 10 or 8.1, then with the default iPhone settings when copying these photos and videos, they are automatically converted by the phone itself to supported ones. computer formats. JPG and MP4 H.264.
The process of converting files by the phone during copying in some cases may “not keep up” with the speed of copying itself, as a result, Windows informs us that an error occurred while copying a file or folder and that the device is unreachable.
That is why more often an error occurs when copying large files (or groups of photos and videos at once), but it may not appear when copying photos to a computer one by one. There are two methods to fix this, which are described below.
Distribution of new, sometimes interesting and useful materials from the remontka.pro website. No ads and free computer help for subscribers from the author. Other subscription methods (VK, Odnoklassniki, Telegram., YouTube, Yandex.Dzen)
Hello! I can’t download photos and videos to my computer anyway, I included the original photo in the iPhone and it’s no use, before the iOS update there was no such problem! And it is very important for me to throw off the photo on a hard disk and print it later
When the original photo was turned on, was the phone itself disconnected from the computer at that time? And what does it write when trying to download? The same error. “device unreachable” or something else?
Thank you so much, Human! I was worried, already tired and mad!
One toggle switch. and life began to play with normal copying!
Dmitry, on the contrary, cannot be thrown from a laptop to an iPhone. install firewood as you wrote in the article?
Ah that’s what. If from a laptop to an iPhone, then I would recommend either sending photos to iCloud from a computer, directly through iCloud.com. Or use cloud services.
Asus ultrabook laptop, went into BIOS, changed USB parameters to auto. After uploading photos and videos, it is still interrupted. (the device connected to the system does not work) Background: before the format of the laptop, I threw pictures from all iPhones, everything was in order. After installing the new Windows 10, I ran into the problem “the folder is empty”, checked all the drivers, I trust the computer, reset the geo settings, set access to the iPhone with a USB screen lock, logged in to iTunes. Now he throws off a few photos and is interrupted, then he does not see again but it is necessary to transfer 20 GB. What to do next?
According to the description, the point is exactly what the article is about. too fast transfer. Further, depending on which model of Asus: 1. Connect the phone to the USB 2.0 connector, not 3.0 (those that are 3 are either blue or marked with two S). 2. On the phone, enable “transmission of originals”. Well, another option is to install an application for cloud storage, where you would be given the right place and put it there, and then download it, although in terms of time and convenience at 20 GB this is not the best option.
Hello Dmitry! Thank you for being in touch! There are 2 USB connectors on the laptop, both are blue. How to manually change 3.0 to 2.0?
Sometimes there is such an option in the BIOS, but if not, then I will not offer simple methods. But: if suddenly you have somewhere lying around some extension cable or USB splitter (by the way, there are still such built-in monitors in the monitors), then you can use it: they are many USB 2.0 and when we connect it to the 3.0 connector, and already in we will connect the cable from the iPhone to it, as a result we will get speeds of 2.0.
Thank you so much!! finally it turned out to throw everything off
Good day! If you make “transfer originals” in the settings, the computer cannot open them. I copy in small portions (15 photos at a time), it still hangs and turns off for 3-4 parties. I connect via USB 2.0 and nothing changes (what else? 13,000 photos are not a joke (it is no longer realistic to navigate these photos
Hello. Third-party photo viewers can open HEIC photos taken by the iPhone (i.e. the very originals). details: https://remontka.pro/open-heic-Windows/
Good afternoon, I get the same error as in the video, (after each sent video) all the settings are turned on as needed. Another iPhone on the right side, from the side of the screen, starts to warm up when connected. When connected to a laptop (Windows 10), the “Photos” application comes out, which indicates that something is wrong with the device, but the explorer is working. The iPhone 7 128 Gb device is completely crammed with photos and videos, and how evil is such a problem, while other iPhones have to drop files through AirDrop and then drop them on the computer. What can you try to do in such a situation?
Good day. Thanks for your information. I solved the problem with downloading thanks to your instructions, But I have the following problem, when I download a video for more than 1 minute to an HP all-in-one, it is very stupid, video and sound are not loaded, and when the video is opened through the Movavi video editor, there is sound but no video. Tell me how to be? But so far I have not tried all the methods. Changing video and photo settings on the iPhone XS Max itself
Movavi may not display video due to lack of codecs. but why the video is stupid. I don’t know. try to play with another player, VLC for example.
Good day! How to do it. so that the iPhone immediately photographed JPG? I checked it, changed it on the phone, did not automatically put it, but the original, now there is no disconnection, but I can not open the photo on the PC, it is very inconvenient. Now we need to look for these special codecs (
Hello. Third-party viewers can open: https://remontka.pro/free-photo-viewers/ On the topic of how to make JPG right away. https://remontka.pro/jpg-photo-iPhone/
It helped, thank you! 10 times already regretted switching to iPhone.
Thank you so much! Just a great gratitude to the author for the work. I could not solve the problem with data transfer for an hour!
Thank you, I was able to copy the files, otherwise not all Live photos were copied before.
Thank you, kind person! I almost lost my mind while trying to copy the video. According to this instruction, everything worked out right away!)))
In addition to the article, not an unimportant point: 1. Allow the use of USB in the security settings: TouchID and password-USB-accessories. 2. To fully verify that everything has entered into force, reboot the phone, and then connect to the PC.
It turned out in the first way, by switching to the option Transfer originals. Before that I suffered for a long time. thank you very much.
In general, my phone as a hard drive is not displayed after these interruptions. What to do?
Many thanks! Not for the first time the site helps out. You are one of the best
Unfortunately, it helps every other time. It is necessary to transfer 160 gigs of photos / videos without using the cloud. And it’s tough for how long. Either the PC does not see the files in the iPhone folder, or an error pops up when copying, copying is obtained only in small portions). On USB 2.0, as a rule, he does not see files at all, and on 3.0 he sometimes sees, but again, you can go crazy. Reinstalling the drivers does not help, rebooting does too. Everything is in originals. What is wrong with these iPhones and why people do not understand such punishment. Such cool photo quality and such confused software
Wow, good afternoon. Indeed, USB 2.0 helped, although I download in small portions (160 gigs heh)