How to Fix “Device Unreachable” When Copying from iPhone
Hello everyone! Let’s not get overwhelmed and get down to business right away. So, today I urgently needed to transfer a lot of videos and photos from iPhone to computer. It would seem, what could be the problem? I take an iPhone (computer, wire), combine all this stuff with a refined movement, on the phone I confidently press “Allow the device to access photos and videos”, select the necessary files, copy them to the folder I need and
This is where such troubles begin, for which life has not yet prepared me. In short, this is what happens. everything hangs tightly, files are not copied, and the best (as Microsoft tells us) Windows 10 operating system shows a “red cross” and a “wonderful” error “The device is unreachable”.
I, just in case, even took a screenshot.
I think, okay, maybe Windows 10 is “buggy”. I’ll deal with the computer later. In the meantime, I’ll get a laptop with a good old “seven” and throw the pictures there. no, but the solution to the problem.
I connect my iPhone to my Windows 7 laptop, start copying files and of course! History repeats itself! However, the error text has changed a little and now Windows reports that “The device attached to the system is not working.” But the meaning, as you understand, does not change much from this.
Time goes by, but photos and videos need to be thrown off.
- I take another wire. everything is the same.
- I transfer files via AirDrop to iPad and try to copy photos and videos through it. But with the iPad, everything is the same. either “The device is unreachable” (Win 10), or “The device connected to the system does not work” (Win 7).
- I delete the normal iTunes (the one with the App Store and other “chips”) and put “normal”. there is no result.
And here I have a strong, as modern teenagers say, “burned out”.
There is one article for the entire Internet (only written in different words on different sites). In which it is assumed that everything is to blame:
- “Curve” version of iOS (!).
- Windows and iOS version compatibility (!!).
- Wrong selection of data transfer function (.).
It’s a fiasco, bro! © Young man with a dog.
I must say right away that none of the above, of course, is the cause of the error “Device unreachable”.
The whole hitch is in the new file format that Apple introduced with iOS 11 and which, accordingly, smoothly flowed into the next firmware versions.
So, we are interested in two options on the iPhone or iPad:
- Settings. Photos. Transfer to PC and Mac. The default is “Automatic”.
- Settings. Camera. Formats. The default is “High Efficiency”.
iPhone (iPad) captures photos and videos in the new HEIF / HEVC formats (for high efficiency), and converts them to a compatible format when transferred to a computer. But if the size of the files is large, then at the stage of this conversion there is a slight freeze and, as a result, the appearance of the error “Device unreachable”.
- Change just one setting. Open “Preferences. Photos. Transfer to PC and Mac” and select “Transfer originals”.
- Perform a forced restart. How to hard reset. instructions for all iPhone models!
All. After that, there will be no problems when copying photos and videos from iPhone.
You ask: “What about the second option, the one that is” Camera. Formats “?” Here act as you wish.
- If you want “standard” JPEG / H.264, then select “Most Compatible”.
- If you want “newfangled” HEIF / HEVC, then leave “High efficiency”.
I chose “Most Compatible” just in case. Still, not all programs work with HEIF / HEVC formats, so let it be better if my iPhone shoots “the old fashioned way”. It will be calmer 🙂
How to send photos and videos from iPhone via Bluetooth to another iPhone, Android, PC or Mac
Hello everyone! Today we will talk about how to transfer photos, videos, music and other files from iPhone via Bluetooth to another iPhone, Android smartphone or computer. It’s very easy to upload a photo or video that is in your gallery. Difficulties may arise with the transfer of third-party files, but first things first. Go!
If you have any questions, feel free to write in the comments.
Transfer Photos and Videos from iPhone to Computer or Mac
The easiest way is to just go to iCloud.com. log in and download photos from there, from any available device. All photos and videos are synchronized with the cloud, so they will be there all the time.
If you are not looking for easy ways, then let’s try to transfer data via USB cable. Connect it to your computer or Mac.
- Open “Photos” on PC.
- Next, the “Import” screen will open.
- You may need to unlock your iPhone. If you are asked: “Should I trust this computer?”. click “Trust”.
- Select the photos and videos that you want to transfer and click “Import”.
- Downloading or updating the latest version of iTunes.
- Unlock your smartphone.
- Click to trust the computer.
- Launch iTunes, select photos from the Photos section and import.
- The transmitter can also be turned on in the additional quick menu. swipe up and down with your finger and click on the corresponding icon.
- After enabling the function, the iPhone will start searching for nearby devices. Then you just have to click on the name of the second smartphone. If you cannot find it, then check that it also has Bluetooth turned on.
- Next, go to the gallery, where all the photos are located. You can select a picture separately or several photos at once. To do this, click on the item of additional functions, then select “Transfer via Bluetooth”.
- You will see a list of connected devices, select the second phone.
- When connecting, you will need to enter a code. usually these are standard combinations such as 0000 or 1234.
- After the photos are transferred. turn off the “Blue Tooth”.
Thus, you can very easily transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone. On Android, too, you can, but sometimes there are some difficulties. Anyway. try it! If you have any difficulties, then you can try other methods described below.
Send photo by mail
If for some reason you cannot complete the transfer of photos, you can send them by mail. Open the “Mail” application, then click on a paper clip to attach photos and send them to the mail, which is tied to the second phone.
You can do it differently, open the gallery, select the photos you want, and then select “Send”. “Mail”.
And then Apple prepared a little prank for us, since for some reason iPhone cannot transfer more than 25 MB mail. Therefore, we just do the transfer several times.
With the transfer of files, things are much more complicated, since Apple has a copyright protection policy. And supposedly, when transferring files via Bluetooth, you can thus transfer pirated copied content (movies, songs, documents, etc.). And since Apple cannot control this, it is impossible to transfer files via Bluetooth directly without workarounds.
But there are so-called workarounds. On a smartphone from Apple, you need to get the so-called Jailbreak. Jailbreak. allows you to access files of the iOS operating system. To get it, you need to hack the smartphone itself. On different OS everything is done differently, so we are looking for this information on the Internet.
- iBluetooth is a paid program that costs 4. It has all the features of transferring any files via Bluetooth.
- AirBlue Sharing is a convenient utility that allows you to throw any files not only on smartphones from Apple, but also on gadgets with Android and Windows operating systems.
- Celeste 2 is the most expensive application, but one of the most effective and convenient. When transferring, you can select any files from your smartphone.
IOS Image Output on Mac in QuickTime Player
You can use QuickTime Player to cast the iPhone screen to the Mac and, if necessary, record the content, using this method:
- Connect the iPhone with a cable to your Mac, when prompted whether you need to trust the computer. confirm trust.
- Launch QuickTime Player on Mac OS (via the Applications folder or search in the status bar at the top right). From the QuickTime Player menu, choose File. New Video.
- In the window that opens, click on the arrow next to the record button and in the “Camera” point, select iPhone.
Immediately after that, his screen will be reflected on the Mac OS desktop. If you need to record video, you can specify the quality of the recording, the source of the sound recording.
How to Transfer Image from iPhone to Windows or Mac OS Computer
If you need to display an image from an iPhone to a PC or laptop via Wi-Fi, it is relatively easy to do this: Windows programs are available for transferring images via AirPlay, and Mac OS also has a built-in method of broadcasting from an iOS device.
This tutorial shows the ways to transfer the image from iPhone to computer (which works also for iPad). Unfortunately, none of the features involve on-screen control of an iOS device; such functionality is not provided by Apple for security reasons. See also: How to Transfer Image from Android to Windows 10 Computer.
5KPlayer is a completely free program that allows you to broadcast from iPhone to computer, as well as record video from the screen (and at the same time work as a media player).
- Download 5KPlayer from the official site https://www.5kplayer.com/5kplayer-download-Windows.htm and install the program on your computer.
- When requesting access to networks from Windows Firewall, give this permission.
- During the first launch, the program will ask you to register: it is not necessary to do this, it is enough to refuse registration once (the bottom button in the window).
- On your iPhone or iPad, open Control (swipe from the bottom of the screen) and select “Screen Repeat”.
- Select 5KPlayer from the list.
After the connection is made, the screen of your iOS device will be reflected on the computer screen. you can use and, if necessary, record a video with sound.
ApowerMirror also allows you to use its functions for free (but there is also a paid version with advanced functionality). After downloading, installing the program and registering a free account, just select the “iOS” tab in it, and you will see everything you need to do: open the iPhone control center and display the image on your computer.
Everything works properly and quickly, and if you wish, you can record your phone screen or create screenshots right away on your computer. ApowerMirror download is available on the official website https://www.apowersoft.com/phone-mirror
How to Output Image from iPhone to Windows Computer
Windows does not have built-in tools for receiving broadcast from iPhone using AirPlay over Wi-Fi, but this can be done using shareware programs, which we’ll talk about. To use them, both devices must be connected to the same wireless network. In case you have problems connecting, try disabling the firewall on your computer.
LonelyScreen AirPlay Receiver
LonelyScreen AirPlay Receiver is a very simple program that regularly performs its function: receiving images from iPhone and iPad via AirPlay (built-in broadcast technology in iOS).
- Install LonelyScreen from the official site https://www.lonelyscreen.com/download.html and run the program.
- In the control point on the iPhone (opens with a gesture upward from the bottom edge of the screen), click on “Screen repeat”.
- In the list of available devices for transmission, you will see LonelyScreen, click on it.
- After connecting, the iPhone screen will be reflected on the computer in the program window.
No additional actions are required, except that it is worth noting that the program has an iPhone screen recording function (to do this, click on the arrow in the lower right corner).
Until recently, the program was free, now, unfortunately, it asks for a license, but for some time it works without it. Interestingly, the free version of LonelyScreen is still installed on my computer (I have not updated it since the installation) and it works properly.
LetsView is completely free software that allows you to easily AirPlay your iPhone screen to your computer or laptop with both Windows and Mac OS. There is the possibility of simple video recording from the screen and other additional functions.
Mirroring360 is a paid program for receiving broadcasts via AirPlay from iOS devices as well as from other PCs or smartphones. You can use the 7-day free trial to try out its features.
- Download Mirroring360 from the official website https://www.mirroring360.com/
- After installing the program, click Request Free Trial, enter your E-mail and desired password, and then click Activate.
- You don’t need to do anything in the running program: just start broadcasting by turning on the “Screen Repeat” function on your iPhone (select the device with the name of your computer from the list), as in previous such utilities.
Among the interesting functions of the program is broadcasting an image from your computer to the Internet: after clicking the Start Sharing button in the main window of Mirroring360, you will receive a link by which other users can see your screen.
This option may not work with the most recent generations of iOS, but older devices still allow you to download videos from iPhone without any “intermediate links” without problems. The iPhone owner must:
- Connect the device to a PC using a USB cable, then wait until it is recognized by the operating system and go to the DCIM folder.
- Here, having found the required video, you need to right-click on it.
Advice: first, the user needs to make sure that the video is on the device in the specified folder. and, if it is not there, transfer it to Apple 100 using any available file manager.
Downloading a video from iPhone to your computer using a proprietary application is no more difficult than finding out your Apple ID. A user who wants to transfer a video to a PC must:
- Launch the application and, if required, log in to it.
- Connect iPhone and wait for the app to detect the device. At this stage, in no case need to start the synchronization process. otherwise the videos stored on the iPhone may be deleted.
- Find the section “On my device”, go to the subsection “Movies” or another, where the video can be stored, and transfer the file from the iPhone to the hard drive of the computer.
Tip: If iPhone does not connect to your computer via USB, you can try connecting the devices over Wi-Fi by allowing the appropriate action in iPhone Settings.
To download a video from an iPhone to a computer using Apple’s cloud service, the user needs:
- And by entering your Apple ID account information in the appropriate fields.
- Open one of the directories shared with the cloud storage that appeared in Explorer.
- Find your video and copy it to any other directory on your PC.
- If the folder is empty or you can’t reset the video, you should check if you are logged in to your iCloud account by opening the “Settings” of your phone and going to the “Accounts” section. it’s as easy as clearing your iPhone completely.
Note: you can also perform the opposite task using the iCloud cloud service. upload a video from a computer to an iPhone.
How to Transfer Videos from iPhone to Computer?
The owner of a device from Apple Inc., who knows how to download a movie to an iPad or iPhone, and who has already learned how to use a file manager, no doubt knows how to shoot video with a camera. and, quite possibly, does it as well as professionals. Then a new task arises: to prevent the iPhone’s memory from overflowing, from time to time transfer files to the computer. We will talk about the simplest ways to resolve the issue.
FIX error copying photos from iPhone to computer or Mac ( Error copying File or Folder ) by CrocFIX
Memory card adapter
Finally, you can copy a video from an iPhone to a computer using a special device that allows you to connect a microSD to your phone or, depending on the modification, even a USB flash drive.
- Place the required video in any directory in the internal memory of the iPhone, and then copy it to the memory card. Remove media from iPhone, connect to PC.
Tip: if the iPhone does not detect the connected memory card, you should try to reformat it. change NTFS to FAT32 or ex-FAT.
It will be possible to transfer video from iPhone to computer using proprietary services: iTunes and iCloud. For older generations of iOS, direct device connection with Windows Explorer is available. If you have an adapter for memory cards, you can first copy the file to a microSD or USB flash drive, and then to any directory on your PC.
Transferring data from iPhone internal memory to PC is actually quite a simple task. The fact is that the internal memory of the iPhone (unlike Android smartphones) is immediately recognized by Windows as a portable device, for example, a digital camera. Therefore, you can safely open it using Windows Explorer and copy the image files.
To transfer photos from iPhone to Windows computer, you need:
- USB cable for iPhone (Lightning-to-USB);
- An active Wi-Fi connection to which the PC and iPhone are connected;
- ITunes software version 12.5.1 or later.
How to transfer photos from iPhone to computer using Windows?
In order to transfer your photo gallery from iPhone to a computer or laptop, you can use standard Windows tools. To do this, follow these steps:
Unlock iPhone screen with passcode (if set).
Connect iPhone to Computer with USB Cable.
Optional: after that you can open iTunes, select your device in the tree on the left and in the settings check the Synchronize device via Wi-Fi checkbox. Then you can later not use a cable, but connect to Windows via a wireless connection.
A “Trust this computer” dialog box may appear on the device. Click Trust or Allow.
Further steps depend on your version of Windows:
- Windows 7: In the AutoPlay dialog box, select Import pictures and videos using Windows and in the window that appears, check the photos you want to import (this is optional). You can make the system always import when a device is connected: to do this, select the Always execute for next device check box. Photos will be copied to the “Pictures” folder.
Windows 7: In the autorun window, select import images.
Windows 8: Open the Photo Album app. Right-click in the program window and select Import. Specify iPhone as the device from which the photos will be copied, mark the desired images and click Continue Import. Photos will be saved in the Pictures folder and a subfolder named after the current date.
The Photos application is responsible for transferring photos from iPhone to Windows 8.
In Windows 10, iPhone photos are imported through the Photos app.
How to transfer a photo from an iPhone to a Windows computer?
Read the instructions on how to transfer photos from iPhone to a computer with Windows 7, 8 or 10, as well as a universal method for all versions of Windows.
iPhone is renowned for its cumbersome day-to-day operations. For example, the procedure for installing a ringtone, which needs a separate instruction. In this article, we will answer another burning question: how to transfer photos from iPhone to Windows computer?
How to Copy Photos from iPhone to Windows Directly?
To upload a photo from iPhone to a Windows computer, regardless of version, you can use the usual File Explorer. Connect your smartphone to PC, open Computer and double-click your iPhone in the list of devices. Open the Internal Storage DCIM folder. It contains all your photos. Copy them to any folder on your hard drive in the standard way.
The connected iPhone appears as a camera in File Explorer.
Video won’t copy from iPhone to computer
At the initial stage of operation of the Apple iPhone, users have many questions related to the implementation of elementary procedures. How to install the game? How to download music files to iPhone? What is scrubbing? Why won’t iPhone photos transfer to my computer? It is to the last question that we will try to answer today.
Your OS recognizes the iPhone just like a digital camera and can copy images from it just like from a memory card.
- And this is done on Mac: connect iPhone to computer, open iPhoto. As soon as the program sees the connected iPhone, it will enter Import mode. We select the option “Delete photos after importing” if you want to clear the memory of the iPhone camera phone after copying.
- It’s a little different on Windows. After connecting the iPhone, a dialog box will appear offering all kinds of programs that you can use to access your phone. This list should contain some kind of photo managers (Picasa, Photoshop Elements, Photoshop Album, etc.) or at worst, the built-in Windows image manager (Scanner and Camera Wizard in Windows XP, using Windows in Vista) We choose the program you like. You can also check the box next to “Always use this program for this action”, so you do not have to select the desired program every time, this action will occur automatically.
If you still can’t import photos to your computer, or your computer doesn’t recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch as a camera, follow these steps.
Check if you can use iCloud Music Library or My Photo Stream
If you’ve turned on iCloud Music Library on your Mac and iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, your photos may already be on your computer. Follow these steps to check for photos in Photos for macOS. Alternatively, go to iCloud.com and open Photos to view your entire library and select photos to import. If you haven’t turned on iCloud Music Library, try using My Photo Stream to access your photos on your computer.
If you’re not using iCloud Music Library or My Photo Stream, try the following:
- Check connections and update software.
- Try importing photos using a different Apple USB cable.
- If the import still fails, update the software.
- Download the latest iTunes.
- Try to import photos again.
Try importing a new photo
- Take a new photo or save a screenshot on your iOS device by pressing the Home and Sleep / Wake buttons at the same time.
- Connect your iOS device to your computer.
- Try importing photos using photo management software. Alternatively, try the following on your computer.
- On your Mac, open Image Capture from the Applications folder.
- On a PC, go to the Microsoft website to learn how to import photos in Windows 10, Windows 8, or Windows 7. If your computer does not recognize your device, make sure it is trusted on the device.
Try using a different computer
If the camera does not appear in Device Manager, check the health of your iOS device by connecting it to another computer. If the iOS device is recognized as a camera on another computer, contact Microsoft or other Windows support on your computer for help.
Apple iOS 7 doesn’t trust my computer. Problems transferring photos from iPhone
There is a cruel way if all attempts to enter a password have been exhausted and there is no computer that your iphone would “trust”.
- Connect iPhone to your computer using the USB cable that comes with the standard kit.
- Apple iPhone will appear among all devices, a personal computer will recognize it as a digital camera.
- To access the Lockdown folder, run the Finder program in Mac OS. In other operating systems, the window of trust in iPhone, iPad and iPod touch is also invoked by clearing the Lockdown folder on the computer.
- After “trusting” on the computer, iTunes sees the iPhone.
- You must wait for the computer to detect the digital camera. Then you need to go into the device, select the photos, copy them to the clipboard and move them to a folder on your computer. With the help of iTunes, you can transfer not only photos to your computer, but also music, ringtones, videos and much more. First, you need to connect your iPhone to your computer with a USD cable. When the computer beeps to notify that a new device is found, open iTunes.
- If the iPhone is configured with email, then photos can be sent via e-mail, and then transferred to a computer. You can transfer photos without connecting a USB cable to your computer; this can be easily done through the shared folder of the Yandex cloud service.
How to download or upload photos using Tenorshare iCareFone software
Tenorshare iCareFone software has 5 parts, user will be able to transfer to “File Manager”. Very simple and easy. While the software will scan data on iPhone XS / X / 8/7/6/5/4 by file type, you can quickly find the data you want to sync. Not only that, if you want to add music to your computer from iPhone, and not all data, using Tenorshare iCareFone is the right and free choice.
Download and install the iPhone Care Pro program from the official website. Start it up. Connect your iPhone to your computer with a USB cable.
In the main window of the program, you will be asked to select the type of data transfer. Of the 9 data for transfer, you need to select “Photo” by putting a tick in front of this item. You can transfer photos, music, iBooks, videos, notes, and calendars.
Next, click “Export”. The data will be imported to your PC / Mac, first you need to select the desired files and click “Export”. By default, these files are saved to a folder on your hard drive. You can also create a save folder yourself.
In addition, there are several ways to transfer photos. You can choose any of them that you like.
How to Copy Photos from iPhone to Win / Mac via iTunes
ITunes itself is not designed to work with photos. However, it is possible to synchronize images using the “Photos” program.
Launch iTunes. Connect iPhone. Click on the icon of the connected device in iTunes.
2. On the left pane of the iTunes window, click Photos. Check the box “Synchronize”.
3. Select a directory for synchronization. Run the “apply” command. And carries out the transfer of photos.
How to transfer photos from iPhone to computer via USB cable
Open the Start menu. My Computer on your computer. In the section with removable devices, double-click the iPhone icon.
A folder will appear that will give you access to your iPhone‘s internal storage. All videos and videos from your phone or tablet are stored here. However, working with other media files, for example, music, will require the use of the well-known iTunes.
Can’t import photos from iPhone to computer after updating to iOS 11 / iOS 12
After updating to iOS 11/12, I cannot import photos from my iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to my computer. The reason is that the computer does not recognize the device or the iOS 11 trial is not very stable. often than not, you take a lot of pictures, sooner or later your iPhone’s memory will fill up. Transferring photos to your computer will free up some of your iPhone’s memory. And how to transfer photos from iPhone to computer. now we will tell about it.
How to upload photos using iCloud Music Library
Download iCloud for Windows. Open iCloud for Windows.
2. Click the Options button next to Photo. Select “iCloud Music Library”.
3. Click Finish and then Apply. Turn on iCloud Music Library on all your Apple devices.
After you turn on iCloud Music Library, you can add the iCloud for Windows icon to the status bar to track your upload and download progress. Right click on the status bar in Windows Explorer and turn on iCloud for Windows.
How to transfer photos using My Photo Stream
Apple has released a very useful feature that can directly access your photos without connecting your iOS device directly to your computer. However, you should pay attention to the fact that this method works exclusively with photographs. To transfer captured videos, you will have to use another method.
To access this function, you must first activate it. To do this, click “Photo Stream” on your smartphone or tablet through “Settings”. “Photos and Camera”. “My Photo Stream”.
Now, to view your photos on a Windows computer, download iCloud for Windows and sign in with your account.
An iCloud folder will appear on the computer, in which all photos taken with a smartphone will automatically appear.
How to transfer photos from iPhone to computer via mail
You can send photos to your e-mail, and then save them on your computer by opening the sent letter. This method does not require a third utility. And you need an internet connection. Secondly, it is inconvenient to send a lot of photos in this way.
Go to the Camera Roll and press the Select button. Choosing the photos to be sent by mail.
Note. You can attach only 5 photos at a time.
Press the button in the lower left corner (square and up arrow) and select Mail from the menu that opens. Now it remains to enter your email box and send a letter.
Transfer Videos from iPhone to Computer
Having shot a beautiful video, I want to share it or edit it in special editing programs. To do this, you need to transfer it to your computer. This is done by means of Windows or a cloud service.
If you have iCloud sync for photos and videos turned on on your iPhone, all files are automatically uploaded to your Library. It can be viewed and edited at iCloud.com. In addition, contacts, notes, reminders and other user data from all devices on which synchronization is activated are displayed here.
- Open the iCloud website. Enter your Apple ID and password to sign in.
The video will download in MOV format to the browser download folder.
You can transfer the necessary videos without the help of special programs, you just need to connect the phone to the PC. Please note that you must have iTunes installed, although we will not work with it. It is required to sync iPhone to PC.
- Connect your device to your PC using a USB cable. Click “Trust this computer” on the smartphone screen.
- Open “My Computer“, find the iPhone in the list and double-click on it with the left mouse button.
In the window that opens, find the required video, right-click on it and click “Copy”. Or just drag the entry to another window.
Now go to the folder where you want to move the file, press RMB. “Paste”.
Transfer Videos from iPhone to PC
In this article, we will go over the main ways to transfer videos between iPhone and PC. The fastest of these is using File Explorer and the iCloud website. However, cloud storage offers additional features that will be useful if there are a lot of files.
Thanks to resources such as cloud storage, you can store a large amount of data not on your device, but in special online services. Today there are a huge number of them. In order to upload a video using this method, you just need to add the file to the storage from your smartphone and download it already on your computer. The sync speed will vary depending on your internet connection. Read about how to add and download files from various cloud storages in our articles.
We have analyzed the most popular ways to transfer video from phone to PC. In addition, third-party programs have a similar function.
Running out of space on the iPhone? Take a look at the Camera Roll. it may be worth putting things in order for a long time. You don’t have to select unwanted photos one by one on the small screen of your phone. just quickly mark them from your computer. And even if you accidentally delete something you need. iMazing always keeps a copy of your data in a safe place.
Best memories are always with you
Easily save your favorite photos to your Mac or PC. Export photos and videos from iPhone or iPad by simply dragging and dropping them to your computer. If needed, iMazing will even convert HEIC, Apple’s new graphics format, to JPEG. You can finally forget about unreliable cloud storage and complex syncing with iTunes.
Transfer Photos and Videos from iPhone to Mac or PC
Easily export photos and videos without iCloud or iTunes. Access to them from a computer via USB or Wi-Fi. Reliable backup.
iMazing and photos
iMazing: Reliable photo and video export software to any Mac or Windows computer without iCloud and iTunes.
Supports all iPhone, iPad and iPod models.
Compatible with Mac and Windows.
Latest version: 2.13.5. Last updated: Feb 26, 2021 Latest version: 2.13.5. Last updated: Feb 26, 2021 Latest version: 2.13.5. Last Updated: Feb 26, 2021
Access to hidden albums
With iMazing, you have access to all your photos, including those you would normally not be able to view. In addition to the usual Smart Albums (such as Favorites, Selfie, or Slow Motion), iMazing features:
Transfer Photos to iPhone and iPad
Your vacation photos will look great on your iPad screen and are now very easy to transfer there! You don’t need to launch iTunes or turn on iCloud sync to do this: just iMazing is enough. Connect your smartphone or tablet to your computer and start sorting your mobile photo albums. Even Wi-Fi connection is supported.
For any iPhone photo and video, you can view detailed information such as extension, file size, aspect ratio, geolocation data, and more. To do this, you just need to double-click the element with the mouse, or select it and press the spacebar.
Cause of “Device unreachable” error
By default, new iPhones and iPads shoot photos and videos in HEIC and HEVC formats, respectively, while if you connect your phone to a computer with Windows 10 or 8.1, then with the default iPhone settings when copying these photos and videos, they are automatically converted by the phone itself to supported ones. computer formats. JPG and MP4 H.264.
The process of converting files by the phone during copying in some cases may “not keep up” with the speed of copying itself, as a result, Windows informs us that an error occurred while copying a file or folder and that the device is unreachable.
That is why more often an error occurs when copying large files (or groups of photos and videos at once), but it may not appear when copying photos to a computer one by one. There are two methods to fix this, which are described below.
Device is unreachable when copying photos and videos from iPhone. how to fix
When copying a photo or video via cable from an iPhone and iPad to a Windows 10 or 8.1 computer, you may receive a message that an error occurred while copying a file or folder with the information The device is unreachable. And sometimes some files are copied without problems, while others. with the specified error.
In this short instruction. about the reasons for what is happening and two ways to fix the “Device unreachable” error on iPhone and iPad when copying video files and photos from them to a computer or laptop with Windows. Also useful: Empty DCIM (IPhone Internal Storage) folder on iPhone. why and what to do.
How to Fix “Device Unreachable” Error on iPhone
Given the reasons for the error, there are two options for fixing it:
- Disable converting photos and videos to iPhone when copying to a computer or laptop with Windows.
- Slow down copying speed.
The first can be done as follows:
- Disconnect your phone from your computer.
- Go to “Settings”. “Photo”.
- At the bottom of the Photos preferences page, under Transfer to Mac or PC, set Transfer Originals instead of Automatic.
- Done. You can reconnect your iPhone and copy photos and videos, now without errors.
Please note that this will copy photos and videos to your computer in HEIC and HEVC formats, which may not be supported by your player or photo viewer. There are two solutions. enable photos in JPG on iPhone so that shooting is immediately carried out in this format, or use special HEIF / HEIC codecs for Windows.
It is also possible to use third-party programs to open such files: Best photo viewers (XnView has a free plug-in for HEIC), VLC Media Player (can play HEVC H.265 videos).
The second method, namely “slowing down the copy speed”, involves connecting your iPhone to your computer using a USB 2.0 port instead of 3.0. As a rule, in this case, the copying error “Device unreachable” does not occur, since the phone has time to convert files to the desired format.
Distribution of new, sometimes interesting and useful materials from the remontka.pro website. No ads and free computer help for subscribers from the author. Other subscription methods (VK, Odnoklassniki, Telegram., YouTube, Yandex.Dzen)
Hello! I can’t download photos and videos to my computer anyway, I included the original photo in the iPhone and it’s no use, there was no such problem before the ios update! And it is very important for me to throw off the photo on a hard disk and print it later
When the original photo was turned on, at this time the phone itself was disconnected from the computer?
And what does it write when trying to download? The same error. “device unreachable” or something else?
Thank you so much, Human!
Reckoned, already tired and mad!
One toggle switch. and life began to play with normal copying!
Dmitry, on the contrary, cannot be thrown from a laptop to an iPhone. install firewood as you wrote in the article?
Ah that’s what. If from a laptop to an iPhone, then I would recommend either sending photos to iCloud from a computer, directly through iCloud.com. Or use cloud services.
Asus ultrabook laptop, entered BIOS, changed USB parameters to auto. After uploading photos and videos, it is still interrupted. (the device connected to the system does not work)
Background: before the laptop format, I threw pictures from all iPhones, everything was in order. After installing the new Windows 10, I ran into the problem “the folder is empty”, checked all the drivers, I trust the computer, reset the geo settings, set access to the iPhone with a USB screen lock, logged in to iTunes. Now he throws off several photos and interrupts, then he does not see again but you need to transfer 20 GB. What to do next?
According to the description, the point is exactly what the article is about. too fast transfer.
Further, depending on which particular Asus model:
1. Connect your phone to a USB 2.0 connector, not 3.0 (those that are 3 are either blue or marked with two S).
2. On the phone, enable “transfer of originals”.
Well, another option is to install an application for cloud storage, where you would be given the right place and put it there, and then download it, although in terms of time and convenience at 20 GB this is not the best option.
Hello Dmitry! Thank you for being in touch! The laptop has 2 USB ports, both are blue. How to manually change 3.0 to 2.0?
Sometimes there is such an option in the BIOS, but if not, then I will not offer simple methods.
But: if suddenly you have somewhere lying around some extension cable or USB splitter (by the way, there are still such built-in monitors in the monitors), then you can use it: they are many USB 2.0 and when we connect it to the 3.0 connector, and already in we will connect the cable from the iPhone to it, as a result we will get speeds of 2.0.
Thank you so much!! finally it turned out to throw everything off
If you make “transfer originals” in the settings, the computer cannot open them. I copy in small portions (15 photos at a time), it still hangs and turns off for 3-4 parties. I connect via USB 2.0 and nothing changes (what else? 13,000 photos are not a joke (it is no longer realistic to navigate these photos
Third-party photo viewers can open HEIC photos taken by the iPhone (i.e. the very originals). details: https://remontka.pro/open-heic-Windows/
Good afternoon, I get the same error as in the video, (after each sent video) I have all the settings turned on as needed. Another iPhone on the right side, from the side of the screen, starts to warm up when connected. When connected to a laptop (Windows 10), the “Photos” application comes out, which indicates that something is wrong with the device, but the explorer is working. The 128 Gb Iphone 7 device is completely full of photos and videos, and how evil is such a problem, while other iPhones have to drop files through AirDrop and then drop them on the PC. What you can try to do in such a situation?
Good day. Thanks for your information. I solved the problem with downloading thanks to your instructions, But I have the following problem, when I download a video for more than 1 minute to an HP all-in-one, it is very stupid, video and sound are not uploaded, and when the video is opened through the Movavi video editor, there is sound but no video. Tell me how to be? But so far I have not tried all the methods. I change the video and photo settings in the IPhone XS Max phone itself
Movavi may not display video due to lack of codecs. but why the video is stupid. I don’t know. try to play with another player, VLC for example.
Good day! How to do it. so that the iPhone immediately photographed JPG? I checked it, changed it on the phone, did not automatically put it, but the original, now there is no disconnection, but I can not open the photo on the PC, it is very inconvenient. Now we need to look for these special codecs (
Third-party viewers can open: https://remontka.pro/free-photo-viewers/
On the topic of how to make JPG right away. https://remontka.pro/jpg-photo-iphone/
It helped, thank you!
10 times already regretted switching to iPhone.
Thank you so much! Just a great gratitude to the author for the work. I could not solve the problem with data transfer for an hour!
Thank you, I was able to copy the files, otherwise not all Live photos were copied before.
Thank you kind person!
I almost lost my mind while trying to copy the video. According to this instruction, everything worked out right away!)))
In addition to the article, not an unimportant point:
1. Allow the use of USB in the security settings: TouchID and passcode. USB accessories.
2. To fully verify that everything has entered into force, reboot the phone, and then connect to the PC.
It turned out in the first way, by switching to the option Transfer originals. Before that I suffered for a long time. thanks a lot.
In general, my phone as a hard drive is not displayed after these interruptions. What to do?
Many thanks! Not for the first time the site helps out. You are one of the best
Unfortunately, it helps every other time. It is necessary to transfer 160 gigs of photos / videos without using the cloud. And it’s tough for how long. Either the PC does not see the files in the iPhone folder, or an error pops up when copying, copying is obtained only in small portions). On USB 2.0, as a rule, he does not see files at all, and on 3.0 he sometimes sees, but again, you can go crazy. Reinstalling drivers does not help, reboot does too. Everything is in originals. What is wrong with these iPhones and why people do not understand such punishment. Such cool photo quality and such confused software
Wow, good afternoon. Indeed, USB 2.0 helped, although I download in small portions (160 gigs heh)