Transfer Contacts to Xiaomi: 6 Easy Ways
When buying a new smartphone, we face some difficulties. First of all, it is worth transferring all the necessary information from the old gadget to an unusual model. Each device has its own nuances when syncing data. The Xiaomi model is no exception: contacts and media files can be transferred to these smartphones in several ways.
How to Transfer All Samsung Data to Xiaomi Mi 8
The Xiaomi Mi 8, which is considered Xiaomi’s 8th anniversary phone, was officially launched on May 31 in Shenzhen city in southern China. Xiaomi Mi 8. is the first official Xiaomi phone with a notch in the display that can be hidden with a switch. The cutout is used for an internal infrared 3D face unlock solution that works in the dark. There is also a more exclusive version of the Mi 8 called the Explorer Edition, which has an under-screen fingerprint scanner and a transparent back panel that allows you to look inside the device.
If you buy Xiaomi Mi 8 to replace your old phone now, the first thing you will want to do is transfer all data from your old Android phone to Xiaomi Mi 8. But if you need to transfer data from iPhone or another Android phone, but not Xiaomi for Xiaomi Mi 8, how can you get the job done without wasting time? Now this article will show you the easiest way to achieve this.
Syncios Data Transfer makes it easy to transfer all data from old iPhone or Android phone to Xiaomi Mi 8 without data loss, including contacts, text messages, photos, music, videos, call history and more, with a few simple steps, making us very easy to use.
Download data transfer from mobile
It is desktop software that runs on a PC or Mac. To use it to copy data between mobile phones, you need to download and install on your computer first.
Mi Mover: Transfer Any Data from Old Phone to Xiaomi Device
If you want to move contacts, messages, photos, music, videos and other data or files from your old phone to your new Smart device, Mi Mover and Mi Drop apps can help you. These two powerful phone transfer tools will save you a lot of time.
Xiaomi. world renowned smartphone manufacturer. And although since its inception, the company has released many other gadgets: smart home devices. audio gadgets. fitness bracelets and others. smartphones remain the company’s number one category.
In 2016, Xiaomi launched the app Mi Mover. designed to greatly simplify the process of transferring data from an old phone to a new Xiaomi smartphone. In this post, we will take a closer look at the application itself, its capabilities, what it is used for and the actual process of transferring data to a Xiaomi phone.
The new app supports transferring all kinds of data: contacts, messages, photos, music, videos, installed apps, etc. You can easily connect the app to another smartphone by simply scanning the QR code.
Possible problems in displaying contacts
It is definitely worth investigating the possible problems that an inexperienced Xiaomi owner may have. Often, after duplicating information in contacts, names or part of them in Russian disappear.
To prevent this from happening, in the “Settings” menu you need to go to the “Display” section. Here manufacturers allow you to choose different ways to sort your records. And also there are sections “SIM-card contacts” and “Only with a phone number”, which must be enabled so that the user displays all available phone numbers.
Xiaomi smartphones are gaining in popularity due to their performance and affordable price. The Redmi line is the most appreciated on the market, because they are easy to use.
Even with such a goal as transferring contacts from an old gadget, there are several ways to deal with it. The user only has to choose a convenient method for himself.
Using a computer
You can also transfer saved numbers to your phone using a PC or laptop.
One way to transport contacts to the new Xiaomi using a computer is to sync through your Google account. Every modern Android user should have such an account.
Basic methods for connecting Xiaomi to PC
The transfer of information between a computer and a Xiaomi brand device is done in different ways. They are all different from each other. When performing any of them, you should be guided by the instructions
First, make sure that the phonebook data is saved to your account. To do this, in the settings menu, select the line “Google”, and in this section, “Restore contacts”. If, after pressing this command, the screen displays “Your contacts are automatically synchronized with the device”, then everything is in order, the necessary numbers are saved on the cloud.
Otherwise, you should return to the “Google” section and select “Backup”.
Next, in the “Upload to Google Drive” line, move the button to the right, which will start duplicating data. It is important to make sure that today’s date is in the “Contacts” line. This will indicate that all names have been written to Disk.
Then, in a browser on a PC, enter contacte.google.com in the address bar and enter your username and password in the fields. The screen will display all the names and numbers available in the smartphone. This data must be saved on the computer.
Now the new gadget can be connected to the computer using a USB cable. The smartphone will ask in which mode it should work. You need to select the “File Transfer” command to upload the information to your phone.
Find a smartphone in Explorer, go to the internal memory and copy it to the contacts folder. Please note that the recorded numbers from the computer can only be saved to the SD card, as they are in the.vCard format.
To check if it was possible to copy phone numbers in this way, you need to disconnect the smartphone from the computer.
Next, in the “Import / Export” section, copy the contacts from the SD card using the method described above.
There is also a way to transfer contacts with a Xiaomi file. This file can be transferred to a computer or directly to a new phone.
Unlocking a forgotten password on Xiaomi redmi 4
Situation “forgot password for Xiaomi redmi 4″ What to do? ” may arise from any phone owner, so it is important to know about a few simple unlocking methods so that you do not have to spread
- In the contacts settings menu, select the “Import / Export” section.
- Next, you need to select “Export to memory”, after which a message will appear on the screen with the name of the file and its location.
- When finished, the corresponding information will appear in the notification bar on the main screen that the file has been saved.
- Through the explorer, you need to find this file in the.vcf format. Now it can be duplicated on PC or other devices.
Batch transfer all data from Samsung phone to Xiaomi phone. RT software overview
Samsung has a huge share of the Android market, but Samsung is falling, HTC is falling, LG is good, Lenovo is growing, Xiaomi is growing. Many people know Xiaomi for its inexpensive smartphones, Xiaomi and Redmi series phones. Xiaomi goes beyond smartphones. He sold other things like Mi Air Purifier, Mi Band, TV, power bank, headphones all over the world. In the Chinese domestic market, Xiaomi has more to offer, such as a router, battery, blood pressure monitors, speaker, camera, etc. Are you planning to switch from Samsung to Xiaomi but are worried about transferring data between different phones? In this article, we will recommend an easy way for you to do this. You don’t need to back up content from Samsung phone to computer and then restore Samsung backup to Xiaomi mobile phone as many smartphone users expect. Mobile Transfer. it is the ideal solution for transferring and transferring data from your mobile phone. It can copy all data including contacts, messages, photos, videos, music, calendars, call logs from one phone to another. For example, you can refer to this guide to copy all your personal data from Samsung to Lenovo mobile phone. It’s a lot like moving files from a Samsung Galaxy phone to a Xiaomi, Redmi phone, or a note. Please see the instructions below for more information.
Via Mi Account
Mi Account is a cloud storage designed for Xiaomi device owners offering 5 GB of free space. This storage has the functions of copying not only music files, videos and other things, but also system files, backups.
To reset all settings and files, you must:
- Go to “Settings”.
- Go to “System Applications”.
- Next to the cloud “Mi Cloud”.
Important: if you enter the section for the first time, you will need to click “Use Mi Account”, then enter the information for authorization and log in.
With confirmation of the action, the information copied from the old mobile phone will be transferred to the new device. Even the arrangement of desktop icons and system settings will be the same.
Sending data from Samsung
To transfer any data from Samsung, you will need to use the proprietary Smart Switch utility. With its help, you can easily send not only contact data, but also any other files. At the same time, the application not only allows you to interact with Android devices, but also with smartphones of the iOS family.
Transfer from other phone models
In other phone models, files can be transferred through proprietary applications. It’s simple, as is the case with the Mi Drop program for Xiaomi, because such utilities for the most part repeat each other and even have a similar interface.
To send files from other brands of phones to Xiaomi, you need to install the official application of the manufacturers from which you are transferring. Apps are downloaded to Xiaomi. For the reverse procedure, you will need to install Mi Drop programs on smartphones of brands from other companies.
Transfer from iPhone
In transferring contacts from iPhone to devices of the Xiaomi brand, Gmail email will help. For everything to go well, you need to complete a few steps:
- Turn off iCloud sync in your iPhone’s Mail settings. But so that the list of phone numbers is not deleted (for this you need to uncheck the corresponding item).
- Set Gmail as the default account in your account.
- Sync your contacts data with Gmail.
- Upon completion of all these steps, contacts will be directed to an email address. Then it will remain to log in from the same email address on the Xiaomi device for quick data integration into the phone book.
To transfer information extremely easily by using a QR code, you will need to use the Mi Mover option. It is available in the “Settings” section.
How to Transfer Data from Android Device to Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro?
Next, to transfer files exclusively between Xiaomi devices, follow the steps:
- In the “Settings” section, go to the “Advanced settings”.
- Open the column “Mi Mover”.
- Log into Mi Mover on the device on which you plan to receive information and click “I am a recipient”.
- The display will immediately show a QR code.
- It must be scanned by the smartphone from which you plan to transfer files.
- After that, it remains to select only the sections with the information that must be transferred and wait for the end of the procedure.
Note: this type of transfer of information from one device to another does not imply selective sending. It is carried out only by sections, with each file contained in them. These sections include: images, video, audio, system data, applications, documents, etc.
Mi Drop app
The program is designed to transfer selected files. In other words, you can enter the section with music and select only those songs that you want to copy.
Unlike Mi Mover, Mi Drop allows you to reset files to smartphones from other brands. For this to happen, you need to download an application with the appropriate name from the Play Market.
The process of copying information in this way is very simple. To transfer files you will need:
- Take the smartphone to which you plan to transfer files, activate the Wi-Fi access point in it and turn off access to mobile traffic.
- Launch Mi Drop on the same device, select “Get”.
- After the appearance of such a window, the smartphone can be put aside.
- Take Xiaomi and enter “Explorer” on it.
- Open the folder with the files you want. Mark in it those that are planned to be transferred to another smartphone and click “Send”.
- Click on the item Mi Drop.
- Touch the icon with the name of the detected device.
- Confirm acceptance of downloading files on a different brand device and wait for data transfer.
This completes the copying process. In this case, do not forget to turn off Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, which is activated automatically, unlike an access point. On some devices, all modules are turned off automatically.
To transfer data, you can use the old-fashioned built-in Bluetooth module, which is able to transfer data without third-party software directly between any devices.
To transfer, it is enough to turn on the function on both devices, mark the necessary files on one of them and click “Send”, then select the Bluetooth method in the list that opens, then specify the name of the recipient’s profile, and confirm receipt on the other device. This completes the sending procedure.
Important! During the first transfer, smartphones may refuse to connect because there was no pairing between them.
Pairing is a simple procedure that allows devices to share files with one another. To install it, you need to go to the Bluetooth settings in both devices, activate the modules and perform a search. The devices will become visible to each other. Click on the name of the required phone. A pairing confirmation window will appear. Click “Accept” on both devices (but first on the volume from which the data will be transferred). Pairing will be successful.
Important: the procedure is performed once. Receive and transfer files freely without re-pairing.
You can also transfer contacts and any other information to a new phone via Bluetooth. Of course, this is not the fastest way to transfer data. However, if your home does not have high-speed Wi-Fi or USB cables, do the following:
- turn on bluetooth on 2 gadgets. To do this, go to settings and click on Bluetooth. If it is not in the list, then open the “Wireless networks” section;
- when the smartphones find each other, perform pairing by pressing the “Pair” button. If any of the smartphones is not located, make sure that it is switched to visible mode;
- on the old gadget, find the required section, then click on the Share button and select the transfer via Bluetooth;
- then select a new phone and click on the send button. On the target device, click “Accept”.
If the total weight of files is several gigabytes, then we recommend using another method, since the transfer via Bluetooth will take a long time.
Transfer using a memory card
You will need a file manager. You can use either the built-in or a third-party program (for example, ES Explorer). The algorithm is as follows:
- open the file manager and select “Local storage”, then click on Internal Storage;
- find the folder you want. Tap on it and hold it until the action window appears;
- click “Copy”;
- in the sidebar, click on the item “SD Card”;
- now select the folder where you are going to transfer the data and click “Paste”.
How to Transfer Data from Old Android Device to XIAOMI Mi Note 10 – Copy / Transfer Files
In this way, you can transfer photos, music, videos and other files. When finished, insert the memory card into your new phone.
For transferring contacts, the principle of action is different:
- on the transmitting smartphone go to “Contacts”;
- click on the three dots and select “Import / Export”;
- then select “Export to storage” and wait for the contacts to be copied to the SD card. In this case, a file of the vcf format will appear on the drive itself;
- place the memory card in the receiving device;
- open the “Contacts” section;
- click on the three dots and go to the “Import from storage” section.
After that, the contacts will be automatically transferred to the phone memory.
Dr. Fone. Switch
A Chinese program that allows you to transfer information from one Android device to another in just a couple of steps. Naturally, the application is also supported by Samsung smartphones. To transfer information, download the program and follow the algorithm:
- on 2 gadgets, enable USB debugging mode. Now connect both gadgets to your computer. But before that, we recommend that you check if the computer has all the necessary drivers;
- open the downloaded utility and click on Switch;
- when the devices recognize each other, the display will show the icons of both smartphones and a menu in which you can select the information to be transferred;
- select the data you plan to transfer (for example, transfer contacts, photos, etc.). But be aware that the utility cannot copy information from system programs and protected folders;
- after selecting the files to transfer, click on “OK” and exit the application.
Unfortunately, the app also has its drawbacks. First, it is written entirely in English. And secondly, in the regular version of the program, no more than 10 files from each category can be transferred (for example, no more than 10 photos or audio).
The manufacturer has developed a proprietary program for transferring data from Android to Android. It is suitable for both budget devices of the manufacturer (for example, A50 and A51) and for flagships in the face of the Galaxy S10 and S20.
This utility allows you to transfer data from your old phone to a new one via USB or Wi-Fi. You can also download the PC version and transfer data through your computer. The algorithm of actions for each version of Smart Switch is approximately the same.
- Make sure both gadgets are turned on and have enough power to take action.
- Smart Switch must be preinstalled on both smartphones (see the list of apps). If any phone does not have it, then download the utility in Google Play.
- Open the program on both smartphones and click on “Send data” or “Receive data” (choose your own on each device).
- Now on the old Samsung you will be prompted to choose the option for transferring information: wirelessly or via USB. When you select the first option, the phones will find each other and automatically connect. In the second case, you need to connect the devices together with a USB-C or USB-A to USB-C cable. Select Wi-Fi Transfer.
- On the transmitting gadget, select all the information you plan to transfer: messages, photos, phone book, notes, etc.
- After that, the device will notify you about how much the transferred data will take and how long the transfer will take.
Note! If your data exceeds 5-6 GB, we recommend choosing cable transfer to speed up the process. If information is transferred over Wi-Fi, be prepared for 20-30 minutes of waiting (depending on the speed of the Internet).
- Select “Submit” and allow the transfer of information. We recommend not to touch both smartphones during the transfer: this will not only speed up the process, but also avoid data loss.
Smart Switch is a great way to transfer data that was missed by a backup to a new phone. But through the application you cannot transfer the settings of third-party applications, as well as the cache from applications and games.
Transferring data through Google and Samsung accounts
One of the easiest ways to transfer information is to sync through your Google and Samsung accounts. The actions are as follows:
- on the transmitting device, enter the settings and click on “General”;
- then click on “Archive and reset” and click on the item “Archive”;
- go back to the previous page and open “Accounts”;
- in the list that opens, select “Samsung account” and click “Sync. all”;
- After successfully transferring on your new phone, sign in with the same Samsung account. Automatic synchronization is available on Android, so after a while all the transferred information will be on the new gadget.
Important! When transferring through a Google account, the actions are almost identical, however in the fourth step you need to click on the Google icon.
Data transfer via computer
If the task is to quickly transfer data, then we recommend that you perform the steps using a computer:
- connect the transmitting smartphone to the PC via a USB cable;
- find your mobile phone in the “Computer” section;
- from a computer, go to the built-in storage of a smartphone or to an SD card (depending on where the necessary information is stored);
- copy data from the device memory and paste it on the desktop;
- disconnect the old phone from the computer and connect the new gadget to it via USB;
- drag the copied files from the desktop to the internal storage or to the memory card of the new phone.
As you can see, the method is quite simple. And if you have a more or less powerful computer, then all actions will take only a few minutes.
Transfer Data from One Samsung Phone to Another
When buying a new phone, we first of all think about how to transfer all data from one phone to another. These actions can be performed both with the help of a special program, and via Bluetooth or using a computer. From the article, the reader will learn how to transfer data from Samsung to Samsung and what methods are suitable for this.
SHAREit. a program for transferring information to another smartphone
SHAREit is a handy application that allows you to transfer information between Android devices. Download it to Google Play on both phones and do the following:
- make sure both gadgets are connected to the same Wi-Fi network;
- on the sending gadget, select “Send”;
- mark the folders you want to transfer and click on “Send” again;
- confirm the transfer on the new device.
The transfer will start automatically. As soon as the actions are completed, all the necessary information will appear in the memory of the new phone.
Now you know how to transfer all data to a new smartphone. When choosing a transfer method, pay attention to the total amount of all information. If your data is less than 1–2 GB, the easiest way to do this is over the wireless network. If the amount of data is 5-10 GB, then to save time, we recommend connecting smartphones to a PC via USB.
Transferring data from one Samsung device to another
Samsung has developed a proprietary application for transferring data from one device (not only Galaxy) to other smartphones of its own production. The app is called Smart Switch and comes in the form of a mobile utility or software for Windows and Mac OS desktops.
Smart Switch allows you to transfer data via USB cable or Wi-Fi. In addition, you can use the desktop version of the application and transfer information between smartphones using a computer. The algorithm for all methods is similar, so let’s consider the transfer using the example of a wireless connection via an application for phones.
On Galaxy S8 / S8 and higher devices, the Smart Switch is integrated into the system and is located at “Settings”. “Cloud and accounts”. “Smart Switch”.
In the window for selecting the OS of the old device, check the item “Android”.
On your old device, click on “Connect”.
This method is extremely simple, however, using Smart Switch you cannot transfer data and settings of third-party applications, as well as cache and save games.
dr. fone. Switch
A small utility from Chinese developers Wondershare that allows you to transfer data from one Android smartphone to another in just a couple of clicks. Of course, the program is also compatible with Samsung devices.
Enable USB debugging on both devices.
Then connect your Samsung devices to your PC, but before that, make sure that the correct drivers are installed on it.
Run other background. Switch.
Click on the “Switch” block.
When the devices are recognized, you will see an image like the screenshot below. On the left. the source device, in the center. the selection of the categories of data that need to be transferred, on the right. the destination device. Select the files you want to transfer from one smartphone to another and click “Start transfer”.
Be careful! The program does not know how to transfer data from protected Knox folders and some Samsung system applications!
As with Smart Switch, there are restrictions on the type of files that can be transferred. In addition, dr. fone. Switch in English, and its trial version allows you to transfer only 10 positions of each data category.
Methods for transferring data on Samsung smartphones
There are several ways to transfer information from one Samsung device to another. using the proprietary Smart Switch utility, synchronizing with a Samsung or Google account, using third-party programs. Let’s consider each of them.
Synchronization with Samsung and Google accounts
The simplest possible way to transfer data from one Samsung device to another is by using Android’s built-in data sync tool with your Google and Samsung service accounts. This is done like this:
On your old device, go to “Settings”. “General” and select “Back up and reset”.
Within this menu item, check the option “Archive data”.
Go back to the previous window and tap on “Accounts”.
This method, despite its simplicity, is also limited. you cannot transfer music and applications installed not through the Play Market or Galaxy Apps in this way.
If you only need to transfer your photos, then the Google Photos service will perfectly cope with this task. It’s quite easy to use.
- Install the app on both Samsung devices. Enter it first on the old.
- Swipe right with your finger to access the main menu. Select “Settings”.
- In the settings, tap on the item “Startup and synchronization”.
We have reviewed the most convenient methods for transferring data between Samsung smartphones. Which one did you use?
Bluetooth transfers files between devices without installing additional applications.
- Turn on Bluetooth on both gadgets.
- Select content and click on Bluetooth transfer.
- The smartphone starts searching for available devices. When finished, click on the required.
- On the receiving gadget, tap “accept” and wait for the process to complete.
Data transfer via backup
Backup is easiest to do through the MIUI operating system. This method allows you to make a local backup, as well as back up using Mi Cloud.
- Go to “Settings”, from there to “Advanced” or “Advanced settings”.
- Select “Restore and reset”, click “Local backup” (here you can also select Scheduled Backup and Google Backup).
- Create a Backup highlighting the content you want. Expect to save.
To transfer, you need to log into one Mi-account on both devices.
To synchronize data on devices:
- Log in to the Mi-account on the second smartphone.
- In “Settings” click “Restore using backup”.
- Specify a restore point and transfer the saved data.
In Xiaomi devices, the phone book assigns a QR code to each entered contact. You can transfer numbers with this utility.
- Turn on Wi-Fi on both smartphones.
- Click on a contact and scroll to the QR code image.
- ON the receiving smartphone go to “Tools”, select “Scanner”.
- .By pointing the camera at the QR code, you will move the contact to the device.
Creating a Mi Cloud account allows you to host your data in the cloud. The service is required to transfer files to another device, for example, when buying another Xiaomi phone. To transfer information from the cloud storage to another smartphone, go from the device to the desired Mi-account and Mi Cloud.
Pre-registration in Mi-account is required!
- Log in using your personal username and password from your mobile device.
- If the procedure is performed correctly, you will be taken to the home page, where the amount of free memory is indicated. The standard volume is 5GB (if necessary, it can be increased for an additional fee).
- To start uploading data to the cloud, go to “Settings”. “Synchronization”. “Mi Cloud”.
- In the window that opens, select the types of data to sync.
- On the home page, under the user’s nickname, there is a niche on the right with an indication of the categories copied from the phone. Files from the gallery, messages, recordings from a voice recorder, phone numbers are automatically saved here.
An application developed by Lenovo allows you to transfer files between smartphones of any brand that support Wi-Fi.
- Run the app on both smartphones.
- On the gadget from which the files will be sent, click “Send”.
- Highlight the section and data you want to transfer.
- Click Next and wait until the search for the destination device is complete. Files for transfer can be selected even after pairing smartphones.
- Confirm the connection and wait for the transfer to complete.
Transfer via SD card
You can also use a removable storage device to transfer data between devices.
Transfer can be done using applications such as AppMgr III (App 2 SD), Link2SD, MiniTool Partition, FolderMount, etc.
Most of them will require root user rights to work.
- Insert SD card into device.
- Log in: “Settings”. “All Apps”. sort by name. “Documents”.
- Download and install a file transfer software.
- Using the instructions of the program, we move the necessary materials to the SD card.
- After installing the card in another device, all the transferred files will be available on it.
Mi Drop app
The program is designed to exchange files on Xiaomi mobile devices, other companies have similar transfer programs.
- Disconnect the device where the files will be sent from the mobile Internet, activate the Wi-Fi hotspot on it.
- Open the Mi Drop program on the receiving device, click the “Receive” button. Wi-Fi must be on.
- In the sending phone, select the files you want and click “Send”. To transfer, select Mi Drop in the opened tab.
- Click on the icon of the required gadget from the list of detected devices. Wait for the end of the transfer.