The webcam on the laptop does not work. What to do?
Currently, there are almost no laptops on the market that lack a webcam peephole. It is understandable. such models are certainly in low demand, and all due to the fact that our compatriots very often began to use the Internet to communicate with relatives and friends. Why not, if the connection is completely free? In most laptops, the cameras are relatively weak, but this is enough for communication. But whatever the camera is, it can stop working unexpectedly for the owner of the laptop. What is causing the problem?
In fact, faults fall into two categories: hardware and software. It is easy to guess that in the first case, the problems are directly related to the inside of the laptop, and in the second. with the software that can malfunction.
- The first thing you should do is reboot your device. It’s funny to you? And this, by the way, can save you time, and in especially neglected cases. also money. When you reboot, the service responsible for the operation of the camera may turn on.
- Still not working? Then you need to check if the camera itself is turned on. But it’s not entirely easy to do this, because in different laptops it is turned on by pressing different buttons. Try holding down the Fn key and alternately pressing the buttons, starting with F1 and ending with F12. In addition, on some older models, the camera is turned on with a separate button hidden somewhere on the back of the gadget.
- The next step is to check the drivers. First, you need to find out if they are installed at all on the computer. To do this, go to Device Manager, find your camera and see if the drivers are installed. If installed, they will most likely need to be updated. The latest software version can be found on the manufacturer’s website. Of course, you can download drivers from third-party sites, but we do not recommend doing this. you can download a virus. Before you start installing new drivers, be sure to remove the old ones through the same “Device Manager”, otherwise the new ones may not be installed correctly. After completing the procedure, be sure to restart your laptop. After turning on the device, you can see whether the camera appears in the list of available programs or not. to do this, go to the Start menu or simply find the utility on the desktop that is responsible for the camera. If nothing was found by you, then just open Skype and check the functionality of the gadget.
- If you cannot find the camera in Device Manager at all, it seems to be a software glitch. Click on the “Update hardware configuration” button and wait until the system displays the detected devices. Your camera should be among them. Install it and update the drivers. it should work.
- By the way, a very important detail. If the camera does not work directly in programs such as Skype, etc., then the case may be directly in the program, which for one reason or another does not want to display the image on the screen. Try to go to the settings section and see the image output parameters.
- If none of the above helped you, then with a high degree of probability it can be argued that the problem is hardware. Most often, either the camera itself or the ribbon cable that connects it to the motherboard fails. In such cases, it can be dangerous to disassemble a laptop on your own. it is highly likely that you simply cannot reassemble it in its original state. But if the device is under warranty, then you are in luck. the camera should be changed or repaired for free.
Comments on the entry “The webcam on the laptop does not work. What to do?
there was a situation. did not understand what was the matter. it turns out, he took a peephole sealed with black tape! I don’t know why, but until he said, I myself didn’t notice!
It’s funny for you, but I specially covered my camera with a piece of scotch tape with a piece of paper. I recently came across a site where passwords from cameras are posted. connect, enter the password and see what people are doing. tin.
post the link, I got to this site
I have just such a laptop on which the camera is turned on with a button. strange to be honest, but comfortable.
what kind of model is this, old or what? never met such in my life.
Is it supposed to work? The camera should turn on only when you launch a special program, the same skype is there. The rest of the time it should be off.
only in theory. in practice, it can give a signal at any time, as long as the laptop is turned on.
My camera works, but it constantly jerks up and down. A friend said that this cable is coming off of some kind. How to replace it?
He meant the train. Yes, it needs to be replaced.
if I disassemble the laptop myself, I can replace this cable, as you think?
you probably won’t even be able to make it out. I would not recommend doing this
there was such a situation, I almost danced around the laptop, nothing helped. bought a separate one. a camera that connects via USB, I still hardly use it
what for? third-party does not adhere well to the screen and may even damage it! and you should always carry it with you, it’s uncomfortable and creepy!
Gentlemen, at least name your laptop models, it will be easier to solve problems this way.
Yes, the matter is most likely in software, not hardware. try installing a third-party program for your webcam
Windows 10. How to Fix camera not working Error 0xA00F4244 No cameras are attached
I would advise to wipe it with a cloth first)
I can not find a driver for my laptop. not on the official website, in other places they require SMS to be sent what to do?
go to the website of the laptop manufacturer, there should be. I found a driver for my Toshiba. good luck)
somehow used an old friend’s laptop, there was the same problem. in the end, it turned out that there is a button behind, which turns on the camera))
apparently, this is a very old laptop, there are no such buttons on modern ones.
Such a problem: the WEB-camera on the Samsung laptop does not work. All drivers are installed, all norms are displayed in the device manager. When you go into the skype-settings-video check, a window is launched and there is a black window and an icon is spinning in the middle that they say it is loading. But there is no effect. There is a blue light near the WEB-camera, it lights up. But why doesn’t it work ?? The matter in the train may?
I have the same problem, they said to take the laptop to the service, the problem with the loop
I have a Toshiba satellite U505, the video image is missing, in the device manager, too, please help.
how the camera should be signed in a lenovo pc laptop, otherwise it is not so easy to sign the CAMERA?
In Lenovo laptops, most often in the device manager, the camera is displayed as Lenovo easy camera
good day! I have Sony vayo vpcf24m1r, updated to Windows 10 and the camera disappeared. found when trying to make a Skype call. it is not found anywhere in the device manager. In principle, there are no image processing devices. no unidentified ones either. I don’t even know its exact name to look for a driver. Why can this be so? and what to do with it? thanks in advance
People. I faced such a problem today.
In short, I wanted to have fun on Skype, I was looking for programs to change the face, etc.
Downloaded, installed, in short, something went wrong, in the end I deleted it at the ends.
In the evening I wanted to chat with my friend on Skype, I went in, but there was no webcam.
Dug the Internet for 3 hours, reinstalled the firewood and did everything.
Tell me, maybe someone knows what?))
Lenovo g580 laptop
Friends, on MSI laptops (In my case, this is LEOPARD) the webcam is disabled by hardware and the device manager does not display it, neither reboot, nothing else helps, only if you start the application, it seems SCM, and turn on the camera through it.
recently changed the cable in a lenovo y50-70 laptop, went into skype, and there instead of an image a gray background with a crossed-out camera, went into the task manager and looked in the image settings =, there is a driver on the camera, but the webcam does not work again carry it for repair whether?
Hello! The camera on a laptop in Skype works intermittently and as a slide show. either a black screen, or a photo from different angles. How to fix it? This appeared after trying to install Windows 10.
After installing w10, the camera stopped working, the interlocutor does not see me, but I see, but there is no sound. I checked everything, the camera is on, the speakers are working fine, I checked the driver. the norm, I updated Skype. What else needs to be done?
Thank you very much for such technical support. The camera did not work, I started to figure it out, at the 4th point of the configuration update everything happened)))) Thank you)
Your recommendations helped me a lot. Appreciate and grateful for the science. All the best to you and good luck in life.
And I have some kind of game.
Wore it for repair. all trains are in order.
In the device manager, it says that it is not connected.
What is it like?
WEB-CAMERA DOES NOT WORK FOR ME ON A laptop. STARTED TO CHECK WHY, I FIND OUT THAT ONE DRIVER WAS NOT INSTALLED, WRITES ERROR CODE 39. HOW TO FIX IT?
Thank you) you helped me a lot) you really had to just press f8)
Thanks, it helped. Fn and F10 at the same time. TURBOX laptop
Thank!! I suffered for a very long time. That just did not try. I already thought that the children broke. This button was a discovery for me. None of the previously read sites had this advice !! :
If there is a camera in the “Device Manager” or appeared after the performed manipulations, but still does not work, then you should try to reinstall the corresponding software. This is also done through the “Device Manager”:
- If you closed the “Device Manager”, then reopen it. How to do it was written above.
- Find the “problematic” webcam among the devices presented. Right-click on its name and select the “Remove device” option from the context menu.
This option is great for minor software glitches in the webcam drivers or other third-party software used by the device. True, if there was a more significant failure in the operation of the drivers, then it is better to reinstall them or roll back to a previously stable version, which will be the next solution to the problem.
How to restore webcam operation on a laptop in Windows 10
Since the problems that you can solve on your own are programmatic in nature, we recommend that you pay attention to drivers and system updates. If the equipment has hardware damage, contact the specialists for help or replace the webcam if you purchased it separately from the laptop.
Next, let’s take a look at the most common software errors due to which the webcam on a Windows 10 laptop does not work.
Uninstalled Windows updates
Updates are regularly released for the “dozens”, which fix certain errors that were present in previous builds of the system. Some updates may bring new issues. Unfortunately, it is not possible to roll back Windows 10 updates. True, the fixes come out very quickly, so you just need to wait for the next update and install it on the system.
Also, problems in the operation of Windows 10 components can occur when many uninstalled updates have accumulated. In this case, you need to install them.
In any case, the sequence of actions will be as follows:
- Open the “Options” operating system. For example, we will use a combination of WinI, but you can use any method that suits you.
- From the list of sections in the Options menu, go to Update & Security.
Additionally, it may be necessary to reboot the system after the updates, if it does not do it itself. After installing all the missing updates, check if the webcam is working.
Fixing Camera Not Working Issue on Windows 10 Laptop
The built-in hardware in a laptop may not perform perfectly for a variety of reasons. Often, users are faced with the fact that the webcam, which is built into the laptop, refuses to start. The option of hardware failure of the built-in webcam itself is not excluded, but you need to understand that this is rather an exception. Most often, the webcam does not work due to problems with drivers and various system software, therefore, you can solve the problem with the not working webcam yourself.
Incorrect system settings
Due to incorrect settings in Windows 10, the webcam on the laptop may also not work. precisely, access to it is simply blocked either in the entire system or for certain accounts or applications. Give the system access to the webcam using the Windows “Options”:
- Go to the “Settings” of the operating system. This can be done by opening the “Start” menu and selecting “Options” there, marked with a gear icon. A similar result will be obtained if you use the WinI key combination.
- Among the sections presented, go to “Confidentiality”.
This option should be considered if the laptop was recently purchased and / or you are trying to connect a third-party webcam. It is possible that Windows simply does not see the new device. In this case, you just have to “make” him see:
- Launch Device Manager. This can be done using the system search box, which is invoked by the WinS keyboard shortcut. You can also open a special menu by right-clicking on the “Start” icon or using the WinX keyboard shortcut.
- From this menu, select the “Device Manager” option, which is most suitable in our case.
In the presented catalog of connected devices, open the “Cameras” branch. This thread should contain both the built-in webcam and the external plug-in.
Ideally, everything should work after that. However, if this is not the case, then do not forget about possible problems with drivers, system settings and BIOS. If, nevertheless, there is reason to believe that the problem lies in a malfunction of the equipment, then most likely these are problems with contacts, connectors, a loop.
Rolling back drivers and installing them
Windows 10 is convenient in that the user is usually not required to independently search for and install all the drivers necessary for operation. On all devices that the operating system manages to detect, the installation of drivers occurs automatically. However, it does not always happen correctly, plus, the operating system does not always manage to find the necessary software on the Internet.
In such cases, you yourself will have to look for the necessary drivers and install them on your computer. There are many ways to do this, so it is impossible to consider all of them in the context of one article. We can give certain recommendations:
- It is better to download drivers from the official website of the laptop or webcam developer if you are trying to set up a camera separate from the laptop. Just enter the manufacturer’s name into the search box in any browser and add something like “download drivers for a webcam” to it;
- From the search results, go to the manufacturer’s official website and open the page with drivers there. The actions on the site may vary depending on the manufacturer;
- It is likely that you will need to fill in the appropriate fields about your laptop to download the drivers. Most often, they ask you to indicate the exact model of the laptop, the operating system and its bit depth;
- After downloading the executable exe-file from the official site, proceed with its installation. To do this, just double-click on it and follow the instructions of the installer itself. There will be nothing difficult. just click “Next” and “Finish”.
However, most often Windows 10 still manages to independently find the necessary drivers and install them. True, the installation or update of these drivers may not occur correctly, so you will need to rollback to the previously installed driver version:
- Launch “Device Manager” and expand the branch with the webcam.
- Right-click on the name of the webcam and go to “Properties” from the context menu.
- There, in the “Driver” tab, you need to use the “Roll Back” button. If the button is inactive, it means that the operating system has installed drivers only once and there is simply nowhere to roll them back. In this case, you just have to either install the drivers according to the recommendations above or perform a complete reinstallation of the device.
The webcam drivers will be reloaded into the system. Reboot may be required.
The webcam, like other elements of the computer, can be enabled and disabled from the BIOS interface. In this case, it cannot be used from the Windows interface until you enable it in the BIOS. Fortunately, by default, the BIOS does not have any “prohibitions” on the use of the webcam.
If the other options discussed in the article did not help to enable the webcam on a laptop with Windows 10, then check the BIOS settings. However, if you do not understand anything about the work of this environment, then it is better not to meddle there, as there is a risk of significantly aggravating the situation. Additionally, you need to understand that the instruction in your case may lose relevance, since there are several different BIOS versions on the market.
- First, go to the BIOS interface itself. Restart your computer and, until the Windows logo appears, press the F2, Delete or other key, which is responsible for entering this interface in your case. It is noteworthy that different manufacturers may have different keys or even their combinations. It is recommended to inquire about your model in advance.
- Mouse control is not available in the BIOS interface (except for some versions). Switch to the item “Advanced” or another with a roughly similar name. Switching is done using the arrow keys and the Enter key.
- Then you need to find and go to the “Onboard Device Configuration” section.
- Here look for the line “Onboard Camera” (or any other line with the word “Camera”). If the value is “Enabled”, then the camera is enabled. Otherwise, highlight this item and press Enter to make changes to it.
- From the window you need to select the “Enabled” item, which is responsible for turning on the webcam.
- Now all that remains is to save the changes and exit the BIOS interface. This can be done using the F10 key or the “Exit” item. In the latter case, you will need to use the item “Exit Save Changes”.
- The laptop will restart and the camera will work. If not, then in addition to this instruction you will have to perform one of the above.
Note. Not all devices have the ability to enable or disable the webcam.
With the help of these instructions and recommendations, you can restore the webcam to work on a laptop with Windows 10, but only in case of a software error. If the failure had hardware reasons, it is recommended to contact the service center. Perhaps you will get everything repaired for free under warranty.
Problem solving methods
When you enter a conference, your video may be disabled by default. To enable it, click on the marked button:
If it doesn’t help, then it’s worth setting up:
- Click on the “arrow” next to the video activation button.
- Select the “Settings” item in the list.
- Change the input device in the “Camera” column.
- Also try changing the aspect ratio from wide to original.
- Temporarily disable HD mode if it works.
As a result, a picture from the camera should appear in the window above.
- In the same settings, click on the “Advanced” button.
- Disable the Noise Reduction option as well as the three hardware accelerated options.
- Restart your computer.
- Try to join the conference and check the video.
It is very convenient to perform any checks using a test conference.
If Zoom does not detect the camera, then it is worth checking if it is displayed in the system in principle. For this:
- Click on the Win R keyboard.
- Type devmgmt.msc into the window that appears.
- Click “OK” to execute the command.
- Windows Device Manager starts. In it, open the section “Sound, game and video devices”.
- Make sure the webcam is listed.
If this is not the case, try reconnecting it, find new drivers (use the developer’s website) or check in another program.
Camera not working in Zoom app
It is very unpleasant if the camera in Zoom does not work when connected to a video conference. You can communicate with other participants through a microphone or built-in chat, but, unfortunately, they will not see you. This problem occurs in both the Zuma PC client and the Android and iOS app. In this article, we’ll show you how to deal with it. First, we will focus on solutions for computers and laptops, and then. for mobile devices.
On smartphones and tablets, camera problems in apps are rare. However, Zoom users have them. There are several reasons for this:
- Banal software glitch.
- Lack of required permissions.
- Incorrect settings.
In the first case, restarting the application helps. Alternatively, turn off and then turn on your mobile device.
In the second, a complete reinstallation of Zoom. It includes deleting and reloading.
And in the third, you need to call the controls in the video conference itself and tap on the marked button:
Microphone check in device manager
Perhaps the problem is in the sound card drivers and the microphone does not work for this reason (and its work depends on your sound card as well).
- Go to the device manager (to do this, you can right-click on “Start” and select the desired item in the context menu). In the device manager, open the section “Audio inputs and outputs”.
- If the microphone is not displayed there. we either have problems with the drivers, or the microphone is not connected, or is faulty, try to continue from step 4.
- If the microphone is displayed, but you see an exclamation mark near it (it works with an error), try right-clicking on the microphone, select “Delete”, confirm the deletion. Then select “Action”. “Update hardware configuration” from the Device Manager menu. Perhaps after that it will work.
- In a situation where the microphone is not displayed, you can try reinstalling the sound card drivers, for a start. in a simple way (automatically): open the “Sound, game and video devices” section in the device manager, right-click on your sound card, select “Uninstall ”, Confirm the deletion. After uninstalling in the device manager, select “Action”. “Update hardware configuration”. The drivers will have to be reinstalled and, possibly, after that the microphone will appear in the list again.
If you had to resort to step 4, but this did not solve the problem, try installing the sound card drivers manually from the website of the manufacturer of your motherboard (if it is a PC) or laptop specifically for your model (i.e. not from the driver pack and not just “Realtek” and the like from third-party sources). Learn more in Windows 10 sound missing.
Microphone stopped working after Windows 10 update or reinstall
After the recent big update of Windows 10, many have faced the issue in question. Likewise, the microphone may stop working after a clean install of the latest system.
The reason for this (often, but not always, the methods described below may also be required) are the new OS privacy settings that allow you to configure access to the microphone of various programs.
Therefore, if you have the latest version of Windows 10 installed, before attempting the methods from the following sections of the guide, try these simple steps:
- Open Settings (WinI keys or through the Start menu). Privacy.
- On the left, select “Microphone”.
- Make sure microphone access is enabled. Otherwise, click “Change” and enable access, also enable application access to the microphone just below.
- Even lower on the same settings page in the “Select applications that can access the microphone” section, make sure that access is enabled for those applications where you plan to use it (if the program is not in the list, everything is in order).
- Enable access for the Win32WebViewHost (or Desktop Web Viewer) app here.
You can then check if the problem has been resolved. If not, we try to use the following ways to fix the situation.
Checking recording devices
Make sure your microphone is set as the default recording and communication device. For this:
- In the latest version of Windows 10, right-click on the speaker icon, select Open Sound Options, and on the next screen, select Sound Control Panel under Related Options, then click the Recording tab. In earlier Windows 10 versions, right-click on the speaker icon in the notification area, select “Sounds”, and in the window that opens, open the “Recording” tab.
- If your microphone is shown but not listed as the default communication and recording device, right-click on it and select “Use as default” and “Use default communication device”.
- If the microphone is listed and already set as the default device, select it and click the Properties button. Check the settings on the “Levels” tab, try disabling the “Exclusive mode” checkboxes on the “Advanced” tab.
- If the microphone is not displayed, in the same way, right-click anywhere in the list and turn on the display of hidden and disconnected devices. is there a microphone among them?
- If there is a device and is disabled, right-click on it and select “Enable”.
If, as a result of these actions, nothing was achieved and the microphone still does not work (or is not displayed in the list of recording devices), go to the next method.
Before proceeding, be sure to check the microphone connection (so that it is connected to the correct connector, the connection is tight), even if you are completely sure that everything is in order with it. Important note: if you have headphones with a microphone with a single connector, they require a combined input / output for the microphone and headphones, and this is not available on every PC and laptop.
Microphone does not work in Skype or other software
Therefore, if the microphone stopped working only in a specific program, carefully study its settings, perhaps all you need to do is specify the correct microphone there. For example, in Skype, this option is found in Tools. Preferences. Sound Settings.
Also keep in mind that in some cases, the problem may be caused by a faulty connector, not connected connectors on the front panel of the PC (if we connect a microphone to it), a microphone cable (you can check its operation on another computer) or some other hardware malfunction.
Distribution of new, sometimes interesting and useful materials from the remontka.pro website. No ads and free computer help for subscribers from the author. Other subscription methods (VK, Odnoklassniki, Telegram., YouTube, Yandex.Dzen)
Please tell me. I got Lenovo Ideapad 3 15ARE05 (Ryzen 3 4300U, 4GB RAM, 256 NVMe SSD). But after three months I noticed that the built-in microphone stopped working (voice search, Google documents, etc.), but the microphone from the external headset is working fine. I reinstalled Windu several times, before reinstalling I rummaged through a bunch of privacy settings in it. applications and systems but still can’t solve the problem. The microphone scale does not move with sounds and speech, but it sometimes wakes up from the system sounds of the laptop itself. Thank you.
And drivers from the Lenovo website for your laptop model take the sound or from somewhere else?
I hate Win10, but now I love this article. Thank you so much friends.
Aliluya all rummaged stupidly the slider was off))
Good time to all! I have a Lenovo G50. The microphone worked until my bad head gave rest to my hands. Namely: I decided to try to turn on Cartana. To enable it, as the world mind recommends, it was necessary to change the region and language to English. I did these manipulations and that’s it, the microphone stopped working. I returned the region and language to rush, but the microphone is silent in browsers and some other programs. All programs in which the microphone does not work are located at the very bottom of this picture.
How to enable microphone access for desktop applications?
And if you just reinstall the sound one: for the system it will be like a microphone disappeared. appeared. we re-configured it. And maybe everything will return to its original state.
When connected, the microphone works for about 15 seconds, after which it dies down to complete silence. At the same time, all drivers are all running, and there are no errors anywhere.
But I can’t explain this behavior somehow strange. The only thought: where there are recording and playback devices, look in the properties of the microphone if there are any additional special parameters, effects and other things, and if something is turned off.
I removed the microphone, updated the hardware configuration, the drivers were not updated, the device did not appear in the list, what to do?
Nothing helps (USB microphone, worked fine yesterday
Is it visible in the device manager? If not, try to connect to a different USB connector.
Existing cache types
To figure out how to clear the cache on a Windows laptop, you need to understand what types of it exist.
When the “cache” memory overflows, the opposite situation occurs, the Internet browser no longer accelerates when requesting data from the “cache”, but on the contrary gets confused about what needs to be loaded, this is the main reason for malfunctions.
We figured out what a cache is on any computer and what types it is divided into. Clearing the computer cache has many ways for all types, so now we will talk about each.
How to turn on the sound in the zoom on the phone
The reason why there is no sound in the zoom conference lies in the presetting of the zoom sound, before entering the conference.
When there is no sound in zoom on Android and you see the following:
To avoid repeating this problem, please make the setting before entering the conference.
When the user is idle, the conference zoom controls disappear. Therefore, do not forget to touch the screen to see the controls.
If there is no audio in the conference in zoom on Android and you do not see permission warnings, go to the phone settings and allow the zoom to use the microphone, as shown in the illustrations.
Alerts will no longer appear and the zoom microphone will turn on.
Installing the Zoom app
- Go to the Download Center of the official zoom.us website to download the free version of zoom.
- Next to Zoom Client for Meetings click Download.
- Open the downloaded file. It is usually saved in the Downloads folder.
- Follow the instructions to install zoom on your computer.
Tips for setting
A few tips for working with a webcam over the Internet:
If the tips of the article did not solve your question, write to us. Together we will try to figure out the problem.
Checking recording devices
Make sure your microphone is set as the default recording and communication device. For this:
If, as a result of these actions, nothing was achieved and the microphone still does not work (or is not displayed in the list of recording devices), go to the next method.
You can also download the program to your laptop from the official website. To do this, just follow the link to start automatic download or find the section “Download / Conference Client” on zoom.us.
Who can use the Zoom client
- teachers, to conduct group lessons remotely and create copies of them in the form of a video
- schoolchildren and students, for taking lessons online and studying recorded video
- remotely working staff for scheduled meetings and collaboration
- leaders, for meetings
- as well as the service will help to conduct coaching, trainings, creating its own base of video material
Setting up Zoom on a computer
First, you need to download the Zoom client installation file to your computer from the official website at the link https://zoom.us/download. Install it, after which a client icon with a camera image will appear on the desktop.
Fix: We can’t find your camera 0xA00F4244 error on Windows 10
The registration process will take place not in the application, but directly on the Zoom client site.
To confirm authorization, a letter with further instructions will be sent to the specified mail.
After registration is complete, you will need to enter your data (login and password) in the program. after which a personal account will open.
The first step is to familiarize yourself with the client settings. Set the necessary parameters that you deem necessary for convenient work.
To conduct a conference, the presenter has a control panel with certain elements:
Screen sharing during the broadcast is started with authorization, you must enter the conference ID (where to get it, see above).
Next, you can choose which screen sharing to run:
The organizer can schedule the start of the broadcast by date and time by clicking on the “Schedule” button.
For participants who came before the organizer, in the settings on the site, the included checkbox is set in the profile settings on the site, thereby giving the opportunity to get into the broadcast room and wait for it to start.
When you disable the live camera, the background will be black by default. You can change it to your logo or your image in the settings of your personal account on the website.