We fix the malfunction on our own
If you stop hearing the other person or he speaks very softly, start by checking the equalizer settings. First, adjust the volume during a call, making sure the indicator is displayed on the screen. Then, make sure no other devices are connected to the phone jacks. Insert and remove the headphone plug several times. Disable Bluetooth function.
To rule out the possibility of a software problem, you should uninstall the newly installed software and reset all settings. ALGorithm for hard rebooting the device:
- Press the “Home” and “Power” buttons at the same time
- Hold for 10-15 seconds
- Wait for the gadget to restart
If the speaker on iPhone still does not work (spoken or downstream), restore the system backed up using iTunes. Remember to regularly update iOS to the latest version.
SIMple cleaning of hearing and polyphonic speakers from dust often helps. Before performing the procedure, remove the cover and film from the back and front panels, then use a soft bristled brush slightly moistened with alcohol or refined gasoline.
If I suspect a factory defect, immediately take the iPhone to an Authorized Service Center or Apple dealer. they should change the internal parts of your model free of charge. Remember. when installing unlicensed software and careless handling, the warranty conditions are violated. Therefore, if you dropped or flooded your smartphone and damaged the speaker (hearing, voice), do not waste time traveling. It is much easier to call an experienced craftsman at home.
Speaker stopped working on iPhone
And get the best deals from trusted masters.
- Compare and choose the best conditions
- Feedback only from interested professionals
- Do NOT waste time communicating with intermediaries
If your iPhone speaker does not work. it is completely broken or wheezes and rattles during a call. you do not have to go to a service center right away. First you need to try to find the cause of the problem yourself and fix the malfunction at home.
What could be the reason for the breakdown
Sound problems with spoken (high) and low (polyphonic) speakers are fairly common. The main causes of malfunctions:
- Moisture due to falling of the smartphone in the snow or being flooded with liquid (tea, coffee, juice, water)
- Mechanical impact (shock, falling on a hard surface) causing damage to internal parts (loop, “ear sensor”, microphone, front camera, etc.)
- Dust and debris getting on the speaker or headphone jack
- Software malfunctions (especially if you are installing “left” programs on your phone)
- Volume is poorly adjusted
- Manufacturing defects
Problems can manifest themselves in different ways: it is hard to hear when the interlocutor speaks, the iPhone speaker rattles and wheezes, or stops working altogether.
Where to go for help
If you have problems with the microphone (located at the bottom left side) or the speaker (top, spoken), save time and effort. find a wizard on youdo.com. Judas performers will find and fix the breakdown as soon as possible if you are faced with the following situations:
- The speaker does not work well. it became worse to hear the interlocutor during a call after moisture or mechanical damage
- Rattling sound (when communicating through the voice speaker, when turning on the speakerphone)
- The sound does not wheeze or tremble. it does not exist at all
Each YouDo performer has been working for many years, has extensive experience in diagnosing and repairing iPhones. Other advantages of performers:
- Leave within an hour to any area
- Provide services without days off and holidays
- Use only new and original spare parts (loops, ear sensors, upper and lower speakers, etc.)
- Fixes any model, from 3 to 7
Private traders and companies registered on YouDo guarantee the quality of cleaning, soldering and installation of new components. If the speaker on the iPhone does not work (for example, it broke due to mechanical impact), Order a service through Judah. the master will change the spare part within one hour.
To immediately rule out one of the most basic audio problems. let’s check the volume controls. Firstly, if it is played from the Internet, you need to call it the speaker icon and increase the volume. Then try the controls on your speakers. If this procedure did not help return the sound, move on.
Important! When playing media files in a browser, one important point should be taken into account. sometimes the lack of sound may be due to an outdated version of the flash player. We recommend that you update it and try again before moving on.
Correct connection of audio devices
You also need to make sure that the speakers and headphones are correctly connected to the sound card outputs. Usually the speakers are connected to the green output of the sound card. It is important to check the performance of the speakers themselves, otherwise further steps to adjust the sound may be in vain. The easiest way to check is to connect the speakers to the phone as headphones and turn on the music.
Why doesn’t sound work on my laptop?
Sound problems can be a challenge for the laptop owner. But to discard all sorts of stereotypes. in most cases, even a novice user can cope with this trouble. If you are also asking the question: “My laptop does not sound working, what should I do?”.
One of the main reasons for the loss of sound may be the inoperability of the speakers. a kink or a crease in the cord, connection to the wrong input.
In this case, we proceed as follows:
- We check the cords along the entire length to make sure they are intact;
- Make sure that the speakers are connected correctly: the sound card has several outputs, the microphone connector is usually highlighted in pink, and the speaker connector in green.
Attention! A common problem is the deterioration of THESE inputs. Sometimes it may be necessary to untwist the system unit and correct them a little. remove and reinsert. It will also be useful to clean them with dust that interferes with the normal signal.
Do not forget to check if the speakers are connected. This is usually indicated by the LED located on their front panel. We check the sound, increase it to the maximum (in this case, a characteristic hiss should appear in the speakers).
Driver malfunction is another common reason why laptop sound does not work.
Let’s check it out:
- We open the control panel;
- In the search bar, enter “dispatcher” and follow the link found;
- We select the tab “Sound, game and devices”;
Attention! To diagnose the sound device (and other components of the PC), you can use the Everest program, which indicates not only the model of your sound card, but also provides links to download the necessary drivers.
- Download and install drivers, reboot the system.
If the sound card is NOT displayed in Windows. this may signal a device malfunction or its incorrect connection. We recommend that you clean the PC from dust and, if the Card is not built-in, blow out its slot and reconnect.
Install Windows XP from a USB flash drive, located here.
You can also try to install a different version of the driver. an older or newer one. Perhaps a driver conflict is a prerequisite for the lack of sound In this case, installing a different version may help.
Sound card status
Partially checking the sound card has already been mentioned in the previous paragraphs. Initially, you should think about how old the device is and whether it is possible for it to fail. If the board is new enough, this is also not a guarantee of its performance.
Checking her work:
- Press WinR and enter “devmgmt.Msc” in the line;
Windows Audio Service
Let’s try to find the reason for the lack of sound using the Windows Audio service:
- Press the WinR key combination and enter the command “devmgmt.Msc” in the window that appears;
- Go to the “Sound, game and devices” tab and right-click on the name of the sound card;
- Select “Properties” and check the “Device Status” period;
- If this paragraph says something other than “The device is working normally”, then the problem most likely lies in the drivers for the sound card, we will talk about updating them in the corresponding section of the article.
Setting up sound in BIOS
To configure sound through BIOS, we need:
- Go to the BIOS menu by pressing the “Del” key at the start of the PC or, depending on the computer model. F2, F9 (information about the key required for this is usually displayed at the bottom of the screen when you turn it on)
- In the interface that appears, we find the “Integrated Peripherals” section;
- Selecting it and press “Enter”;
- Here is a list of devices integrated into the motherboard, look for the item “Onboard Audio Controller” in the squeak (the name may differ depending on the BIOS version)
- Open the list of options and start configuring them;
- If you need to activate the built-in sound controller, in the “HD Audio” item Set the value “Disabled”, and in the “AC97 Audio” item specify “Enabled”;
After that, the computer will reboot and start working with the new settings.
Next, let’s move on to the audio parameters:
- Click on the volume icon and use the right mouse button to select “Playback devices”;
- We check which device plays the sound by default (they may NOT be speakers, but, for example, HDMI output, if you have connected a TV to a PC before)
- If the speakers are still specified by default, then select them in the list and click “Properties”;