The most common reason for a device to stop working is due to battery drain. This is also shown by the statistics of customer calls to repair points for household appliances. But replacing power supplies is the simplest thing to do. We find a cover on the back of the device, under which there are batteries. The lid has a special corrugated surface, by pressing on which, it can be easily moved. The movement takes place in the direction indicated by the arrows. After opening the compartment, we take out and dispose of the old batteries, and insert the new ones in their place, observing the polarity.
Another reason is possible: the batteries themselves are in order, but the contacts in the power compartment are oxidized or loosened. To check their condition, remove the cover as described above. Let’s shake the batteries a little. If they are loosely fixed, dangling in the nest, they need to be tightened. Having taken out the batteries, tighten the contacts with a screwdriver, then set the power back.
Oxidized steel parts do not allow electrical current to pass through. Oxidation occurs from dirt, dust, moisture. With an ordinary cotton swab dipped in alcohol or cologne, wipe the contact points. If this is not enough and the corrosion is not completely removed, remove it with a sharp metal stick. A needle or screwdriver will work.
Why the remote control does not work
If your remote control does not affect the TV, then there can be many reasons, and only an experienced technician can understand the essence of the problem and establish an accurate diagnosis. With the help of special diagnostics, the cause will be found in a short time, and often it lies in other devices. this already requires completely different actions. However, there are also quite common reasons that cause problems with the remote control.
Check the operation of the remote control
Sometimes there is such a problem that the TV remote control does not work. Most often, the cause of the problem lies in itself. Of course, if the remote control is dropped or mechanically damaged, it is not so easy to fix it. First you need to check the joint operation of the TV receiver and the remote control. To do this, we perform the following actions.
- Make sure the TV is plugged in. If not, plug the power cord into an outlet.
- Make sure the mains voltage is present. The safety valve may have been triggered or the electricity was cut off due to an interruption.
- Check the operation of the TV receiver without a remote control. To do this, set various commands using the TV control panel. If everything is in order with the device, then the problem lies in the remote control.
In addition to the batteries, the malfunction may lie in the infrared LED. It can break off or simply fail. It is simply impossible to determine whether the device is in order or not: for this you need a smartphone.
To test the operation of the remote control using a mobile device, the following conditions must be met.
- The TV remote control must have an infrared sensor.
- You will need a smartphone with a camera.
The sequence of actions for checking the operation of the IR sensor using the phone is as follows.
- Turn on the camera of your mobile device. In this case, the screen will display what falls within the range of the camera.
- Aim the remote control at the switched on camera and press one of the buttons for a long time. It is best to press on / off the TV set.
- If the remote control is functional and the IR sensor is working, a reddish or blue-violet light from it will be visible on the smartphone screen. The dimmer the light, the worse the remote works. Poor performance can be from problems with batteries or oxidation of contacts. Repairing these elements will help the device function properly again.
Attention! At the time of checking the operation of the LED, the room should be dark.
Using this technique, you can identify those remote control buttons that are not working and repair them. Sometimes a specialist consultation is required. If the device cannot be repaired, you need to purchase a new remote control.
No signal frequency match
Does the indicator light up, but the TV does not turn on with the remote control? Such a malfunction, according to statistics, occurs more often with Sony and LG brand products than with other manufacturers. You need to check the remote control for the signal frequency on a similar model with friends or immediately contact the service. experienced masters will check the device.
The problem lies in TV
As a result of numerous checks, have you found out that the remote control is working properly, and the TV is still not going to turn off when you press the corresponding button on the remote? There are few options here: the photodetector is not working correctly, or a breakdown has occurred in the product control processor. You cannot eliminate such a malfunction on your own. by your actions, you can cause irreparable harm to the delicate technique. It can simply turn off forever, and no magician will be able to reanimate it, and you have to go for a new TV.
Turning off / turning on the TV via the remote control does not occur, the indicator reacts, but there is no action, or the TV starts to respond only after repeatedly pressing any button. This problem appears more often with brands of TVs Philips and Samsung. try to solve this problem by simultaneously pressing Program and Volume on the front of the TV. If the problem persists, you need to reflash the product system to the latest software version, then your TV will turn on the first time.
Why does the remote control module not work?
Owners of both expensive and budget TV-receiver models may face such a problem. Some home electronics manufacturers enjoy a high level of consumer confidence and popularity, such as the Japanese company Sony. No matter how carefully the user handles electronic devices, no one is insured against unexpected breakdowns. If your Sony TV does not respond to the remote control, it is recommended that you first investigate the cause of the breakdown.
An accurate diagnosis of the malfunction of the remote control module will be made by an experienced technician, but sometimes the breakdown can be so minor that it is eliminated in a few minutes. The most common reasons include the following:
- Failure of batteries. A likely sign of a low battery is intermittent signal transmission. The consumer could also come across defective products that stopped working a few days after purchase.
- Malfunction of the TV receiver itself. The IR sensor could fail, but this happens extremely rarely. If the Toshiba TV does not respond to the remote control, the user, with the help of a little trick, is able to check the health of the IR module. You need to turn on the camera on your mobile phone and point it towards the LED indicator. After that, you need to press one of the keys on the remote control and pay attention to the LED. Its flickering will tell you that the remote is in working order.
- The signal frequency does not match. The indicator may light up, but the receiver does not accept commands.
- The signal disappears for a certain time. The desired action is performed only after repeated pressing on one of the buttons. This problem is most often faced not only by owners of Toshiba devices, but also by brands such as Phillips, Samsung. There are two ways to solve it: flashing the product or try simultaneously pressing the sound and program selection keys on the front of the TV.
- Extraneous interference. This reason is rare, but you shouldn’t discount it. A fluorescent lamp, microwave oven, microwave candles or other devices may interfere with the operation of the remote control. Electromagnetic interference is more common among users placing a TV in the kitchen.
Often, devices fail due to the fault of the owners of electronic equipment. A mechanical failure may have occurred, which led to the fact that the receiver ceased to accept commands.
A more serious problem is considered when the TV does not respond to the remote control and buttons from the front panel. The reason may lie in a malfunction of the photodetector or in the device control chip. It is not recommended to eliminate the malfunction on your own, as there is a possibility of irreparable damage to the receiver. The processor for some models may be so expensive that it will be more profitable to purchase a new “plasma”.
If repairing the remote control requires too large financial costs, it is better to purchase a universal device. It is also possible to set up any modern smartphone to control the TV. A special program that is downloaded from the online market will turn the gadget into a control module for a household appliance.
Why is my Sony TV not responding to the remote
Modern plasma TVs are controlled in two ways: by means of the remote control or by pressing the buttons located on the panel of the device. The first method is more user-friendly, and many have forgotten the days of getting up off the couch to change channels. When the TV stops responding to remote control commands, it causes some discomfort.
Repair and service guarantee
Repair of the remote control module will depend on the nature of the failure. If the user has filled it with water or any liquid, it is permissible to solve the problem yourself. The first step is to disassemble the device and inspect the printed circuit board. With careful movements, use a special solution to treat damaged contacts and microcircuits. If pressing the keys turns out to be tight, the buttons cannot be restored, you will have to replace them.
Only the most experienced users are recommended to troubleshoot on their own, otherwise it is recommended to seek professional help. Lack of experience and dexterity can lead to the formation of new damage. Replacement or repair of hardware components must be carried out in specialized services.
When it is necessary to perform a service setting, for example, update the firmware, the wizard can be called at home.
If you buy a TV from an authorized representative, it is recommended to study the warranty card. If its expiration date is still valid, you should contact the place where the equipment was purchased for help. Do not forget that a certain service life is provided for any product. When the device is outdated or worn out, it is more convenient and cost effective to purchase a new device.
How to control a TV using a tablet or phone
The TV does not respond to the remote control. what should I do? You will find the answer in our article !
Feedback from our readers is very important for us. If you disagree with these ratings, leave your rating in the comments with the reasoning of your choice. Your opinion will be useful to other users.
This model is capable of supporting up to four devices simultaneously. Powered by two “little finger” batteries.
Configurable via USB. The kit contains instructions for setting up and using. Approximate
If, when trying to perform manipulations using the remote control, the signal is not stable, intermittently or completely spontaneously turns off, it is worth checking the batteries.
Therefore, even if the batteries are new, it is worth checking them.
SURE Universal Remote
A universal application that can completely replace the remote control, not only temporarily, but also permanently.
Supports control of not only the TV, but also many other digital equipment and not only.
Also, the application allows you to synchronize your mobile device with a TV and transfer the image to the TV screen.
Provided to all users of devices with the Android operating system version 4.2 and higher. IrDA or Wi-Fi connection required.
Malfunction of the remote control
First, it is worth checking whether an infrared lamp is working, which delivers a beam invisible to the human eye on the TV.
To do this, turn on the camera on the phone, point the remote control at the lens and press any button.
If the remote control is working properly, you will see a light bulb glowing on the camera. If there is a malfunction, the lamp will not light up.
The TV does not respond to the remote control. what should I do? You will find the answer in our article !
If the TV does not respond to the remote control, there are a number of reasons for this. Today we will tell you what may be the reasons for this and what to do if the TV does not respond to the remote control.