Have you used Hard Reset to get rid of problems with your device? If rolling back the settings did not help fix the problems, then you can try flashing. Additionally, you need to seek help from specialists at an authorized service center.
Does the device freeze and slow down after a reset? You must also contact the service center. You may need to perform an OS update so that the owner can continue to use the device.
If the device asks for a password from a Google account. then you need to enter it. Forgot your credentials? Then they need to be restored through the official website. https: // accounts. google. com / signin / v2 / recoveryidentifier source = esir flowName = GlifWebSignIn flowEntry = ServiceLogin. If you do not remember your username and password. then you need to contact an authorized service center. by providing documents. confirming the purchase of the device.
Preparing for a hard reset
Before proceeding with restoring a mobile gadget to factory settings, if the situation permits, copy all important information from it to external media, for example, to a computer hard drive or to the cloud.
It is convenient to save contacts on the Google service of the same name. To do this, copy them from SIM cards to the phone memory and log in to the device under the Google account to which you want to transfer them. Synchronization will take place automatically.
Videos, pictures, music and other user files can be simply transferred from folder to folder by connecting the phone with a USB cable to the PC.
If this is not possible, install a cloud service client on your mobile device, for example, Google Drive or Yandex.Disk, enter the “Files” section, click “Upload to disk” and select the data to save.
To avoid having to enter the owner’s login and password when starting the device after the reset, delete your Google account from the system.
Immediately before recovery, charge the device to at least 25-30% or connect to a power source, and also remove the memory card and SIM from it.
Copy important information from your device.
During the reset, the device memory will be cleared and all data will be deleted. If there is any important data, make a copy of it.
Why do I need to reset my phone to DO factory defaults?
In simple terms, a Samsung factory reset is to delete all data (SMS, contacts, applications, music, photos, etc.) from the phone and return the system to the original version. After performing this manipulation, Samsung returns to the state typical at the time of purchase.
Experts recommend resetting the device to factory settings in such situations:
- before selling;
- when a problem appears on the phone that cannot be fixed by standard methods;
- if the smartphone is transferred to another person;
- after updating the device software.
In all the cases described, resetting to factory settings on Samsung allows you to clean the device and restore it to its original performance (if there were some failures).
If the device does not turn on after a reset (freezes)
Contact the Samsung service center, you need to reinstall the firmware using the engineering method.
Despite the fact that we are considering the question of how to reset the settings on “Samsung” in a quick way, there are a few things that will have to be done manually. As we found out above, in order for the data to be completely cleared, on “Android” version 5.1, you need to manually demolish the “Google” account. How to do it?
- Go to the settings in a way you already know.
- Next, you need the “Cloud.” Some models may not have it.
- Then you need “Accounts”.
- Choosing a Google account.
- Press the “Menu” button of the phone or “Options” on the screen.
- Tap “Delete Account”.
You can now delete your Samsung phone settings. How exactly to do this, we will describe below.
Before resetting the settings to “Samsung”, be sure to check the version of your operating system (“Android”). The fact is that starting from version 5.1 “Google” has implemented an anti-theft system in its product. It lies in the fact that if the user does not delete his Google account in advance, then after returning to the basic configuration he will not be able to turn on the device until he enters the old data.
- Turn on the device and go to the main menu.
- Then you need to go to “Settings”.
- Now we are interested in the “About device” tab
- Scroll down the screen and find the line with the version of “Android”.
The first way
So, we finally got to the method of how to reset “Samsung” to factory settings. There are two ways to solve this problem.
- Turn on your phone.
- Enter device settings.
- Next, you need either “General”, or immediately the “Archive and reset” item. In rare cases, it can be “Confidentiality”.
- After that select, respectively, “Reset device”. Item description may differ depending on phone firmware.
- Next, you need to click “Delete all” or “Reset device”.
- After that, the gadget will restart. As with the first startup of any device, it may take a little longer than usual.
Thus, you can easily delete all your data and fix a number of software errors.
If you have lost your gadget and do not want someone to use your data, you can remotely wipe your phone. This option is also possible. But only on condition that the gadget remains turned on and with an active Internet.
- Go to the main page of “Google” and log into your account.
- Then open the app drawer and click “My Account”.
- Next, you need to select “Phone search”. Despite the name, tablets are also easily detected.
- Select the desired device and select “Delete all data”.
After that, you will need to re-enter your account password. If double authorization is enabled, instead of SMS, you can send a confirmation letter to your mail.
What else needs to be done before resetting “Samsung” to factory settings? Synchronize your contacts first.
- Go to phone settings and select Google account.
- Then specify “Sync”.
- Synchronize all the data you need. This way you can restore all contacts and files on another device.
Before you restore the factory settings of “Samsung Galaxy”, you can reset all data from the flash drive to the corporate cloud. This operation is carried out all in the same tab of the “Cloud and accounts” settings. If you do not have access to the Samsung cloud, you can use Yandex.Disk or Google Drive. Remember that if you use data encryption for a flash drive, then when you reset to factory settings, “Samsung” will delete the access key (decryptor) and the data will become inaccessible. So be sure to copy them to the cloud.
In addition to the above method, you can also use backup and restore. This method will also require you to be connected to the Internet and is no different from cloud storage.
How do I reset the settings on “Samsung” to factory settings? Instructions
When using any technique, people often have various problems, because of which they involuntarily want to rewind time and not make this or that mistake. Fortunately, this does not apply to mobile gadgets. Knowing how to reset the settings on “Samsung”, you can roll back all changes to the basic (factory) settings and start using your phone or tablet from scratch.
If your gadget hangs at the boot stage, you can use the “hard reset” through the system menu. To do this, you need to do the following.
- Turn off your phone.
- Press three buttons on the device at the same time. “power”, “sound up” and “home” (center button on the panel). In some cases, you don’t need to press the third button.
- After the gadget starts up and the “Samsung” logo appears, release the power button, but continue to hold the rest.
- If the menu does not appear, then try another key combination.
- In the Recovery menu, use the volume buttons to control the pointer and find the item Wipe Data or Factory reset.
- Use the power button to confirm.
- Click Yes to confirm.
- In this case, the device will not turn off. After deleting the data, you will be returned to the main menu, where you will have to select the Reboot system now item.
How to hard reset Samsung Galaxy J5 and other similar Android smartphones and tablets.
Attention. Everything that you do with your phone, you do voluntarily at your own peril and risk! The site administration is not responsible in the event of a malfunction of your device! If you have a new smartphone that is under warranty or you are afraid that your phone may deteriorate using this method of factory reset, then you can contact the service center. Good luck.
In this article, you will learn how to Hard Reset on Samsung Galaxy J5 and similar Android devices. Perhaps, you can reset the settings by this method not only on Samsung androids, but also on smartphones from other companies. The information on the page will help you unlock Samsung Galaxy, which has been locked due to repeated attempts to enter the wrong pattern on the screen, forgotten password, etc. Sometimes, even knowing how to enter the pattern correctly, it does not work and asks you to enter your Google account and password to unlock the Galaxy J5. Usually, many people simply forget their email account without mentioning their Google account password. If you are reading this article, then I think your Samsung is also locked and you are looking for a way to unlock it. You can, of course, refer the smartphone to specialists, but then you will have to pay a tidy sum from your wallet. If you want to unlock your Samsung yourself for free and you are not afraid to take risks, then you can do a full factory reset and reset all passwords by reading the information below on this page. Know
Attention! Remember to save all important information! Having made a hard reset on your device, all information will be erased, including contacts, files, messages, installed applications, etc., your smartphone will become as good as new. If you are afraid for your phone, then it is better to refer it to a specialist in a service center and not risk it.
Follow these steps to unlock Samsung J5:
We turn off the smartphone and, on the switched off device, hold and hold three buttons simultaneously: “home button”, “volume up button” (that is, as if you were adding volume) and “phone on button”. (For those who can’t figure out which button on Android Samsung means home, it’s usually the button at the bottom center below the screen.)
In this pressed state, we hold all three buttons until you see the menu on the screen.
Attention! Perhaps, on some Samsung androids, to display the menu on a switched off smartphone, you will have to hold only two buttons instead of three buttons. This is the “home” button and “power button”, and all other actions are described in the article below.
After you see the menu, release all the buttons. (If the smartphone automatically restarts, then try without releasing the buttons, slide your finger on the volume up button down, that is, to decrease the volume, and only then you just need to release all the buttons.)
Now in the menu with the volume control button, select wipe data / factory reset on the Samsung J5 screen. To confirm the actions, press the home button. (You may need to confirm with the on / off button.)
Then, using the volume control button, select the Yes —— delete all user data item and confirm our choice. To continue resetting the Samsung J5 unlock settings, select the reboot system now line on the screen. Confirm with the appropriate button.
Your Android will now reboot and after which it will fully boot. We wait a little and see how the already unlocked Samsung Galaxy turned on, which no longer asks for a password for a Google account or a pattern.
After unlocking, we lose everything that was in the memory of the smartphone or tablet, including personal settings, contacts, files and other information.
Next, the language settings should appear on the phone screen and if you want to change, then select “change” and look for the desired language, if everything is fine, then click on the green android display and go to the next settings.
You will then be prompted to enter your Google account or given the option to create a new account. You can also configure this item later by selecting “skip”. Then you will have to confirm some more points, after which you can customize the phone for yourself. Your Samsung Galaxy Ji5 is now unlocked and ready to delight you. In the future, do not forget to create a Google account and save it together with the password in a safe place, so that you no longer have problems with unlocking the android when children are playing and lock your phone or you forget the pattern and password on your smartphone.
Samsung has provided users with the option to reset (in English hard reset) the device through the settings of the device.
Enter the “Settings” in any available way (through the shortcut of the menu application or by pressing the corresponding button in the curtain of the device).
In the group “General settings” is the item “Backup and reset”. Enter this item with a single tap.
The application will warn you about the deletion of all user information stored in the memory (including accounts). At the bottom of the list is the “Reset device” button, which you need to click.
Despite the simplicity, this method has a significant drawback. in order to use it, the phone must be loaded into the system.
How to Factory Reset Samsung
This seemingly difficult task can be solved in several ways. Let’s consider each of them in order of complexity of both execution and problem.
Warning: factory reset will erase all user data on your device! We strongly recommend that you make a backup before starting manipulations.!
HARD RESET Samsung Galaxy J5
This hard reset option is applicable when the device cannot boot the system. for example, during a cyclic reboot (bootloop).
- Turn off your device. To enter “Recovery Mode”, simultaneously hold down the buttons for turning on the screen, “Volume Up” and “Home”. If your device does not have the last key, then just hold down the screen turn on plus “Volume Up”.
- When the standard screen saver appears on the display with the inscription “Samsung Galaxy“, release the screen power key, and hold the rest for about 10 seconds. The recovery-mod menu should appear. If it did not work out, repeat steps 1-2 again, while holding the buttons a little longer.
- Once you have access to Recovery, press the Volume Down button to select Wipe data / factory reset. After selecting it, confirm the action by pressing the screen activation key.
This system reset option will clear memory bypassing Android, allowing you to fix the bootloop mentioned above. As in other methods, this action will delete all user data, so a backup is desirable.
Factory reset Samsung smartphones
Service code in the dialer
This cleaning method is possible using the Samsung Service Tag. Works only on some devices, and it also affects the contents of memory cards, so we recommend removing the USB flash drive from the phone before use.
Open your device’s dialer app (preferably standard, but most third-party apps work as well).
The device will immediately start the reset process and reboot when finished.
The method is extremely simple, but fraught with danger, since no warning or confirmation of the reset is provided.
Summing up, we note that the process of factory resetting Samsung phones is not much different from other smartphones on Android. In addition to those described above, there are more exotic reset methods, but most ordinary users do not need them.
How to Factory Reset on Samsung?
The Korean brand did not stand aside and began developing its own shell back in 2009. Today it is called “Samsung Experience”. To reset the settings on a Samsung smartphone, you need to do:
- Click on the gear icon (settings) on the main screen of the device.
- Scroll the list to the end, where there will be an item “General settings”.
- In the new window, find the item “Reset”, tap on it.
- Select “Factory data reset”. Scroll down to “Reset device”.
- Enter your password or pattern and confirm your action by clicking on the “Delete all” button.
The device will start the uninstallation process. After a short time, it will reboot from a clean OS.
How to Reset Samsung to Factory Settings Via Computer?
You can reset the smartphone DO basic parameters using special software. It’s called the Android System Development Kit (SDK). The program can be found both on the official website of the developers and downloaded from third-party resources.
After downloading the program, you need to unpack it and install it on your PC. After installing the SDK on your PC, you need to do the following:
- Activate USB Debugging mode on your smartphone. To do this, go to the “Settings” item, then find the “For Developers” tab and enter the “USB settings”.
- Check the boxes next to the “Tools” and “USB Drivers”.
- Connect a smartphone to a PC and install drivers on it, if this has not been done before.
- Open command prompt on computer (WinR) and type C: \ Users \ Username \ AppData \ Local \ Android \ Android-SDK \ platform tools.
- Enter ADB mode from under the SDK program and execute the “recovery” command.
- Wait for the system to perform the action and restart the phone.
After completing the indicated points, you need to enter a new password and access the menu settings.
How to Factory Reset Xiaomi?
The smartphones of this brand have a shell called “MIUI”. Xiaomi developers took all the best from Android and IOS, and then implemented it into their software product. At the beginning of 2020, the current edition of MIUI ver 11.0.5. To reset the settings, do the following:
- Tap on the “Settings” icon. Here, the first line will be the item “About phone”, go to it.
- Find the line “backup and reset”. Tap on it.
- In the menu that opens, you can see a separate item “return to factory settings”. It is at the very bottom. Follow it to start the OS rollback process.
During the reset process, the phone may ask you to confirm your actions with a digital password or fingerprint.
How to Bypass Google Protection on Samsung Reset via Recovery?
Any device running Android 5.0 Lollipop or a newer OS version has built-in FRP reset protection. It does not allow the “factory reset” command to be executed until the user enters data from the Google account that is tied to the smartphone.
How to Hard Reset Samsung Via Recovery?
When you enter the service menu (Recovery), you see a dark menu in English. It can be in the form of a tile or a set of rows. In order not to get confused in them, look for an item with the words: Wipe data. factory reset. He is responsible for rolling back the phone to factory settings.
You can navigate through the Recovery service menu using the same hardware keys. Usually, the volume up or down buttons work as up and down arrows, and the home button or power key works as command confirmation.
Some modern smartphones allow the user to navigate through Recovery by tapping on the display. Usually, on such devices, the service menu is made in the form of a tile. As soon as you press the “factory reset” key, the phone will ask for confirmation of the command. After that, he will proceed to its implementation. The procedure for rolling back to the basic parameters will begin.
How to Reset Samsung to Factory Settings Via Menu?
This method works on all devices running the Android operating system. To reset, do the following:
- Go to the settings menu. It can be called through the corresponding icon on the desktop. Usually, this is an image of a gear. In some devices, this menu is hidden in the top curtain.
- Find the item “Restore and reset“. For some devices, this tab may be called Privacy, Backup & Reset, or Accounts. It all depends on the phone model.
- Find the item “factory reset” or “data reset” and tap on it. The phone will show a warning that all existing data, files and accounts will be deleted. Ignore the notification and click “Reset settings”.
- Confirm the action and wait for the phone to finish the rollback procedure and start rebooting.
The algorithm of actions is valid for devices with “naked” Androyd. However, smartphones of certain brands may have a different software shell, which is based on the Android OS, but has a slightly different interface. Consider the rollback procedure on smartphones with their own shell.
How to Enter Service Menu on Samsung for Reset?
Smartphones differ from each other by the presence of certain keys. But four buttons can be found on 98% of devices: volume up and down, phone off / unlock, home button. It is through these keys that you can get to the service menu of any smartphone:
- Samsung: hold down home button volume up turn on.
- Google Nexus / Pixel: hold down the volume down button to turn on.
- HTC: hold down the volume down button. In some models, you must continue to hold the volume down key after releasing the power button.
- Motorola: Press the power-on volume down. For most smartphones, you need to hold down the volume down button, then press the power key once.
- LG: hold down the turn-on volume down. At the moment the brand logo appears on the device screen, release the power key and immediately press again. At the same time, do not release the volume down button.
- Asus. Hold down the power-on volume down key.
- Samsung: hold down the home button to turn on the volume up.
- Meizu, Xiaomi: hold down the volume up power key. As soon as the “Mi” logo appears, release the power button.
- Huawei, Honor: hold down the power down volume key.
- One plus: hold down the power key volume down.
Pressing the buttons must be simultaneous. They need to be held from 2-10 seconds until the smartphone enters the service menu. In some cases, you need to wait for the company logo to load, then hold down the above key.