How to take selective screenshots or capture GIFs
If you’re taking advantage of the Samsung Edge Panels, you can use the Smart Select toolbox to do some pretty cool things with screenshots, like capturing certain parts of the screen in a rectangular or oval shape, capturing a GIF, or even part of the screen image as an overlay. for quick reference.
To enable this feature, go to Settings Display Edge Display Edge Panels and make sure Smart Select is enabled. Then just swipe from the right side of the display to open the Edge Panel.
With the Smart Select panel open, simply tap the desired capture option and follow the onscreen instructions. Very simple.
How to take screenshots on Samsung with the palm of your hand
But there is also a second option: just swipe your hand over the display. Seriously. give it a shot. It works on any screen except when the onscreen keyboard is displayed. This is called “finger-to-grip” and is unique to modern Samsung phones.
You can enable or disable this feature in the Settings menu Additional features Swipe the screen.
How to take screenshots on Galaxy S8 and S9
There are several different ways to take screenshots on the S8 and S9, and several options are described in the methods below. This may sound a little overwhelming to you, but it’s very simple.
How to take screenshots using hardware buttons
If you’re using a modern Galaxy phone like the S8 or S9, you’re in luck. Taking screenshots is as easy as on most other Android phones: press the volume down and power buttons at the same time. Hold them for about half a second, then let go.
The conveniently located buttons (volume on one side, power on the other) make it incredibly easy to take screenshots with one hand. This is a great button layout if you are taking a lot of screenshots.
Other Galaxy Screenshot Tools
When you take a screenshot of the screen, it appears as a short overlay at the top of the current screen, letting you know that the screenshot was taken successfully. Smart Capture Tool also appears at the bottom of the screen.
There are some really cool features associated with the Smart Capture tool, such as the ability to take a “screenshot scrolling” that scrolls the screen and captures everything (not just what you see), a paint tool to annotate, a crop tool to quickly cut out irrelevant parts of the picture and a shortcut for immediate sharing of the picture on social networks.
If you like the Smart Capture tool, you can turn it off by going to Settings Advanced Features Smart Capture.
Where to find your screenshots
By default, all screenshots are saved in the DCIM Screenshots folder, but there are several additional ways to access your screenshot.
If you just took a screenshot, swipe down on the navigation bar and you will see a screenshot notification. Click on it for quick access to the image. You can also share, edit or delete your screenshot directly from this notification.
If you have multiple apps installed that can open images, the app selector will appear when you tap on the screenshot notification.
Otherwise, you can open the Gallery or Photos apps to see all of your screenshots. they will be there, front and center on the main page of the app.
How to take a screenshot on a Samsung Galaxy Note using the S Pen
This method is available on Galaxy Note 8, Galaxy Note 5, Galaxy Note 4, Galaxy Note 3, and other Samsung devices with S Pen. To take a screenshot this way, you have to open the Air Command menu by pulling out the S Pen or hovering over the screen and pressing the button on it.
- Select Screen Write in the Air Command options to take a screenshot.
- You can now write your notes at the top of the image. The top toolbar has options to change the color and size of the pen if you want to get creative. You can also erase or undo strokes, and at the bottom there is a Crop option.
- When you’re done, click Share or Save at the bottom.
The most popular and probably the most natural way to take a screenshot on a smartphone is to use a specific key combination. There is nothing new here, since most Android devices have the same button combination for a screenshot.
Press and hold the power button and volume down button for 2 seconds until the screen momentarily turns white. A panel appeared at the bottom of the screen with available actions for managing the screenshot just taken.
- To view a screenshot, click on its round thumbnail on the left side of the control panel.
- To continue creating a screenshot, so that it turns out to be long and scrollable, like a website page, click on the second icon with arrows.
- In order to crop a screenshot, click on the icon in the center.
- To leave a note on the screenshot or draw something, click on the pencil icon.
- To share a screenshot, click on the icon on the far right and select the method you would like to share.
This control panel disappears from the screen after a few seconds, but you can still access all its functions by opening the screenshot in the “Gallery” or by tapping on the notification that appears every time after a successfully created screenshot.
How To Take Screenshot In Samsung Galaxy A30 (2 Ways)
Taking a long screenshot
One of the options available in the Screenshot Control Panel allows you to create a long screenshot. Such a screenshot is convenient when you need to screen a page in a browser, for example, and in order not to create several ordinary screenshots, gradually scrolling down the page, you can simply create one long screenshot. Taking this screenshot only works when scrolling down the page, so keep that in mind when you create it.
- Open the screenshot of what you would like to take.
- Use a keyboard shortcut or hand gesture to take a screenshot.
- Click the long screenshot icon (second from the left).
- Keep clicking on this icon until the screenshot is of the required length.
As soon as you scan the area that you need in the screenshot or just scrolling to the very bottom, just tap anywhere on the screen, except the control panel, and the screenshot will be saved.
Screenshot with a slight movement of the hand
You can also take a screenshot on the Galaxy S10 using the swipe gesture over the smartphone screen, but first you need to activate this feature in the settings.
- Open the “Settings” application.
- Go to the section with “Advanced features”.
- Click on the item “Managing gestures” (Motions and gestures).
Now that this feature is activated, let’s try to take a screenshot this way. As stated in the warning, the keyboard should not be launched while taking a screenshot in this way.
- Open the screenshot of what you would like to take.
- Place your palm over the right side of the screen.
- Swipe left above the smartphone screen to take a screenshot.
At the bottom of the screen, as in the first case, a panel appeared with available actions for managing the screenshot just taken.
How to take a screenshot on the Galaxy S10
The process of taking screenshots is pretty simple, and there are many reasons for taking them. So, for example, to save any post from Instagram or to post it later to. you need to take a screenshot. This can also be useful when you need to keep to prove the promise of technical support or someone’s threats, which will then be removed. In general, without a doubt, this function is very useful, and how the process of taking screenshots on the Galaxy S10 is carried out, we will tell you in this material.
On most smartphones, there is only one combination of physical buttons to take a screenshot, but Samsung would not be itself if it did not come up with several ways to implement the same action. Below we will describe all the methods available on the Galaxy S10 to take a screenshot.
Bixby will do everything for you
Like many other things, you can ask the voice assistant to take a screenshot. This can be useful when you do not have the opportunity to pick up your smartphone.
- Open the screenshot of what you would like to take.
- Press and hold the button to call the voice assistant or just call him by name, Bixby.
- Say “Take a screenshot”
Was our material useful to you? You’ve already got your Galaxy S10?
Share your opinion in the comments under this material and in our Telegram chat.
How to take a screenshot on Samsung a30 and a30s phone
On the Samsung Galaxy A30 smartphone and its junior modification A30s, the screen screen is made with a key combination, a gesture on the screen or by activating the screen assistant. We will tell you about each method and location of the pictures taken below.
On the Samsung A30, the print screen is available through the on-screen assistant. The advantage of this method is that it is used with 1 hand:
- go to “Settings”. Find among the items “Accessibility”;
- in the list that opens, tap on “Disorder of coordination and interaction”;
- scroll down the list again until you find “Sub Menu”. Enable the option by clicking on the toggle switch opposite.
An interactive icon with 4 squares will appear on the screen. Hold it with your fingers to move it to any convenient location on the display. Prinskrin do this:
- tap on the icon;
- a list of functions appears. Select “Screenshot” among them.
The disadvantage of this method is that an icon with 4 squares will be visible on the created image.
This is a universal option for Android smartphones. To make it work:
- unlock the screen of the device, open the application or page to create a frame;
- press the volume rocker down and the power button at the same time.
The screen capture method depends on the firmware version. If, after a short press of the keys, a menu appears on the screen with a proposal to turn off or restart the device, then hold the buttons for 2-4 seconds.
They offer to take a screenshot on the Samsung A30 using a proprietary gesture, it works like this:
- turn on the screen;
- slide the edge of your hand from left to right or vice versa.
There is no other way to make a screenshot using a gesture without a palm.
On Samsung A30 phone this feature should be enabled by default. If it doesn’t work:
- go to “Settings”. Scroll down the menu that opens, select “Additional functions”;
- in a new tab, find “Movements and gestures”;
- a list of available actions will open. Flip the switch next to “Palm Screenshot” to the active position (will light up in blue).
Where screenshots are stored
The finished pictures go to the “Screenshots” folder, available for viewing through the built-in or third-party gallery. When you need to transfer frames to a computer via a USB cable or find the source in the device’s memory:
- open the root folder. Find “Pictures” in the list of directives;
- all pictures are stored here in order of creation date.
Additional options for creating images:
Samsung Galaxy A50 /A30 / A20 / A10 How to TAKE SCREENSHOT on Samsung Galaxy 2019.- GSM GUIDE
Why can’t I make a screen
The developers have left the option to enable or disable the function of creating screenshots or applications. By default, it is active, but an unsuccessful update or other software could deactivate it. In this case:
- go to “Settings”. Find “Additional functions” in them;
- in the menu that appears, move the switch next to “Screenshot” to the active position.
On many Samsung tablets that have an old version of Android (2, 3 and 4), you can take a screenshot in another way. Again, you need to press and hold two buttons. These are “Home” and “Back”. These keys are located at the very bottom of the display. You can find a screenshot in the Gallery or in the Pictures / ScreenCapture folder. On some devices, screenshots are saved in Pictures / Screenshots.
For reference! Some users connect a keyboard to the tablet for the convenience of entering information. This makes it even easier to take a screenshot. It is enough to find and click on the print screen key. Usually it is denoted like this. PrtScr or Print Scrn.
Taking screenshots using the ShootMe application
There is also a special software that allows you to “photograph” the screen. For example, for Samsung tablets, we recommend the ShootMe app, which is one of the most popular Android screenshots.
It’s very easy to use. At the same time, different modes are available:
- For example, you can configure the program so that a screenshot will be taken automatically when the user covers the light sensor on the tablet with his hand.
- Another interesting mode is just shake the device. The system, due to the indicators of the accelerometer, recognizes this action as a command to create a screen.
- The third way is screaming. A loud sound is enough and the tablet will take a screenshot. That is, you do not need to press, close or shake anything at all. Just scream.
Screenshot Samsung T817A Galaxy Tab S2 9.7, as on
How to take screenshot on Samsung T817A Galaxy Tab S2 9.7? How to take screenshot in Samsung T817A Galaxy Tab S2 9.7? How to save a screenshot on Samsung T817A Galaxy Tab S2 9.7?
Easy way to take screenshot on Samsung T817A Galaxy Tab S2 9.7. After saving screens, you can edit / share / delete captured screens in Android 5.0 Lollipop Gallery. Click here to read more about screenshot.
First, you will need to turn on your device by unlocking its screen and then navigate to the screen that you want to capture.
Then hold down the power key and the volume down key at the same time for a couple of seconds.
Awesome! You took a screenshot on your device.
- First, open the screen where you want to take a screenshot.
- Then swipe your hand from one side of the screen to the other.
- Okay! The screenshot was taken, you can find it in your Samsung Gallery!
If you found this useful, click on the Google star, like or follow us on and Instagram
Screenshot of Samsung Galaxy Tab Advanced2 Wi-Fi like on
How to take screenshot on Samsung Galaxy Tab Advanced2 Wi-Fi? How to take screenshot on Samsung Galaxy Tab Advanced2 Wi-Fi? How to Save Screen on Samsung Galaxy Tab Advanced2 Wi-Fi?
Easy way to take screenshot on Samsung Galaxy Tab Advanced2 Wi-Fi. After saving screens, you can edit / share / delete captured screens in Android 8.1 Oreo Gallery. Click here to read more about screenshot.