Manual system recovery
You can roll back Windows 10 manually only if you can enter Safe Mode after a forced restart (hold down the shutdown key) of the computer.
- Press the F8 key (on some models the second button may be used) go to the system startup parameters and select boot with command line support:
- If the system starts successfully, a command line will appear instead of the desktop, with which the user can initiate the launch of the Windows 10 recovery tool. To do this, use the rstrui.Exe command:
- The rollback window will start, click next and select the checkpoint for the period of which we want to return the PC state:
The final click to start the Windows 10 rollback procedure. After successful completion, the system will start in normal mode.
A few fundamental points regarding recovery in this way:
- It is impossible to stop the process launched through the console in safe mode;
- You cannot undo changes that have taken effect;
- After the end of the rollback, a text document will appear on the desktop, which will describe all the affected (deleted) files. Names Are presented in the form of links, clicking on which you can quickly recover Lost data.
Windows 10: preparing automatic recovery
The Windows 10 automatic recovery procedure starts when critical errors occur in the system, but it happens that the process freezes and instead of successfully booting the computer, only a black screen is visible on the monitor. There are many reasons why the preparation for rollback is not going well, but there are only three solutions to the problem:
- Manual Windows 10 recovery through Safe Mode;
- OS rollback via BIOS setup;
- Replacing the hard drive.
Windows 10 BIOS recovery
It should be noted right away that this method can be implemented only if the user has a disk or flash drive with the distribution of a licensed operating system, otherwise the option can be skipped.
The first step is to configure the BIOS to read the disk when the computer starts up. For this:
- If the preparation of automatic recovery does not make it possible to restart the computer normally, we do it forcibly by holding down the shutdown button (10-15 seconds is enough)
- As soon as the system starts to start, press one of the listed keys (depending on the motherboard model): F1, F4, F3, Delete, F8:
- Go to the Boot section (marked in red on the screen) and in the Boot Device Priority section in the 1st Boot Device sub-item set the parameter for the CDROM or PXE UND I disk to boot from a USB flash drive:
BIOS is configured. Now it is enough to insert an external device on which the distribution is stored.
Helpful hints when working with the environment:
- You can find the correct key to enter the BIOS in the instructions for your computer or on the manufacturer’s website. Most modern PC models use the Delete button,
- On laptops, the ctrlaltesc key combination can be used to enter the BIOS;
- In addition to the standard Boot, the 1st Boot Device section can be located in the “Boot Device” or “Boot Device configuration”.
Now directly restore Windows 10. After the external device has been inserted, and the computer is running, a window will appear in which, instead of “Install”, click in the lower left of the “System Restore” screen:
An action selection window will appear, in which you need to select the diagnostics section:
Next, go to the additional parameters subsection, in which we select the Windows 10 recovery item. After clicking, the standard environment for rolling back the computer to the checkpoint will start:
It is worth noting such a tool as Startup Repair. This function initiates a scan of the computer for errors and corrects them during detection. You can try to run the utility, but it’s not worth hoping for. In most cases, after a short search, a message will be displayed stating that the computer could not be restored.
If BIOS fails to start
Situations when it is impossible to enter the BIOS when the process of preparing for an automatic update hangs are quite common. Many users do not understand what to do in such a situation, but there is a solution. reset (zeroing) the BIOS environment.
There are three simple and safe ways to reset to zero:
- I turn off the power completely (unplug the computer). Remove the side cover and look for contacts, next to Which is written Clear_CMOS. The user can contemplate 3 contacts, two of which are bridged. It is necessary to move the jumper to the second and third contacts for about 15-20 seconds. Then I put everything back in place:
- If the motherboard is new (a computer after 2010), then you can find a special button on it, the task of which is to reset the BIOS parameters. It looks something like this:
- NOT the fastest and most reliable, but easier option. you just need to remove the CMOS battery. You will have to wait at least 10 minutes, or even much longer (sometimes three hours are not enough):
After using any of the methods, users will be able to enter the BIOS and configure it to perform Windows 10 recovery.
Hard drive problems
The error where Windows 10 does not load correctly may be due to crashes or critical errors on the hard drive. It is impossible to solve this without buying or repairing the “hard”, but you can still calculate the presence of problems without fully starting Windows 10.
- An appropriate program is required for scanning. The completely free utility “Victoria” will be the best choice for the user. Download and write it to a USB flash drive or disk;
- We configure the BIOS to boot from an external device, as we did in the paragraph above, and reboot the computer;
- The program will start. Press the English key P and select the channel on which the hard disk is located (if unknown, then poke in turn):
- Click on Enter and F2, after which a list of hard drives appears. Accordingly, if it does not appear, then select another channel:
- To select a hard disk, press the number corresponding to it (on the screen these are 1 and 2). To start checking, press the F4 key. A new window will pop up, in which we DO NOT change anything. Press Enter and the scan will start:
In the right corner you can see values like 5ms, 20ms, etc. They represent the period of access to each sector of the hard drive. An ideal value is 5ms and the more such sectors, the better.
The defects tab displays broken sectors (places where writing and reading is impossible):
If defects were found, then the hard drive is damaged and the reason why Windows 10 does not load correctly lies precisely in this. There are two ways to solve the problem, both of which are NOT encouraging:
- Completely replace “hard” with a new one;
- Cut off bad sectors by reducing the volume of the hard disk (the process is quite laborious and requires certain knowledge).
How to Recover Lost Data after Windows Black Screen Crash
If you need urgent access to your saved files, you can turn to FoneLab Data Retriever for help. Data recovery software can recover data from most damaged or damaged hard drives in a short time.
So, you can complete Windows black screen crash recovery after Windows 10 black screen of death effortlessly. All the need to restore your computer to its previous state. Because you can extract and restore any file from crashed computer without data loss or overwriting here.
MBR recovery and BCD recovery
Go to the Windows Advanced Settings window. (Turn your computer on and off three times. Select Advanced options Troubleshoot Advanced options.)
Select Command Prompt for further advanced troubleshooting of Windows black screen issues.
Fix Windows 10 Auto Repair Cycle Using Command Prompt
- Enters bootrec.Exe / rebuildbcd and press enter.
- Enter bootrec.Exe / fixmbr and press enter.
- Enters bootrec.Exe / fixboot and press enter.
Note: you can also select System Restore. This refers to Windows Startup Options instead of a window Follow the onscreen instructions to return Windows to its previous state.
How to Fix Windows Auto Black Screen Repair and Data Recovery [Solved]
Have no idea how to fix Windows automatic black screen repair? In most cases, Auto Repair is a built-in feature that can help you fix Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8 problems on your computer automatically. However, you may see a black screen after preparing an automatic repair.
In addition, you can also Get a notification that Automatic Repair cannot restore your PC.Luckily, you can easily find ways to fix Windows black screen problems and get your lost data back easily here.
Rolling back the graphics driver
Click the Windows Start button, search for Device Manager in the box, and then click and open it. Expand video adapters Right click to select Properties.
Click Driver rollback and then select one of the reasons, click Yes.
How to safely recover data from a crashed computer
Select the file type and hard drive you want to recover.
Click Scan to perform a quick scan. Soon all files are displayed in categories on the left pane.
Filter, view and select any Windows data you need.
Choose to recover will complete file recovery on Windows, automatic recovery, black screen error.
In general, you can fix the preparation of an automatic recovery cycle in Windows 10 without any data loss. In other words, here you can Retrieve files from crashed computer without selective backup.
By the way, it also helps you recover data from your hard drive easily and safely.
If you have any problems with automatic black screen repair, you can contact us.
Boot in Safe Mode to Troubleshoot Windows Black Screen Issues
Boot in diagnostic mode
Turn your computer on and off three times. Every time you see the Windows logo, you need to shut down your computer. As a result, your computer will be in diagnostic mode.
Enable Safe Mode with Networking on PC
Choose Advanced Options. Yakiy refers to the Automatic Repair window. Then click Troubleshoot followed by Advanced Options. Select Startup Settings and then press the restart button, press number 5 or F5 boot Windows into Safe Mode with Networking.
Remove incompatible antivirus software
Choose settings from the Windows Start menu. Then you can select Platform & Apps and features option. Switch from Sort by Name to Sort by Install Date.Later, you can manually uninstall third-party antivirus software and malware to fix Windows 10 auto-repair black screen using cursor.
Fonelab Data Retriever
Fonelab Data Retriever. Recover lost / deleted data from computer, hard drive, flash drive, memory card, digital camera and more.
General Ways to Fix Prepare Windows 10 Black Screen Automatic Repair
According to various sources, many people encounter a black Windows screen with a cursor after logging in or updating. Possible reason. Installation is still in progress or stuck.
If the hard drive activity light is working properly, you can try for a few hours. If not, you can take the following steps to fix Windows 10 preparing automatic black screen recovery.
Reinstall the graphics driver
Click the Windows Start button, search for Device Manager in the box, and then click and open it from the list.
Finding the Display Adapters and expand it, Right click to select Uninstall Device.
Click OK and restart your computer.
Checking the hard drive
If none of the methods helps, then it is quite possible that the problem is in the “hardware”. the hard drive. To verify this, you need to check it. You can do it like this:
- Download a special program to scan the disk. The best option is the free Victoria program. It must be downloaded to a USB flash drive or other removable media.
- Configure BIOS to boot external device, restart computer.
- Press the English “P”, select the folder where the hard drive is located.
- Press “Enter” and “F2”, then the hard disk will appear. If it is not found, it is necessary to check all channels in turn.
- To select a disc, they will call the number that corresponds to it.
- To start checking, press “F4”. The next window will open, then you must press “Enter”, after which the disk scan will start.
The results will show how good the drive is and what damage it has. If faults are found in the defects tab, then most likely this is the cause of the problem.
How to fix the constant preparation of automatic recovery and diagnostics of your computer in Windows 10. Step-by-step instructions for common solutions to this problem
Users of the Windows 10 operating system are often faced with the constant preparation of automatic recovery and computer diagnostics. This feature is enabled when the system is not working properly and Windows is trying to fix the problem. But in some cases, enabling this function is impractical and interferes with work. How to disable continuous provisioning of automatic repair and diagnostics of a computer in Windows 10? There are several ways.
Removing the latest updates and fixes
If the Loop Recovery issue appears after installing updates, you need to uninstall the latest patches and updates. This is easy to do. It is necessary:
- After diagnosing the computer, the “Automatic Repair” window opens. You must click on “Advanced options”.
- The menu that appears will display many options that you can choose from. You must select “Uninstall updated”.
- Then select two options in turn. “Remove the last fix” and “Remove the last update of components”.
- Next, you need to enter your PIN. If it is not there, leave the field empty and move on.
Disable automatic recovery after command time limit
You can disable the restored cycle using the command line. If this method does not help to solve the problem, it will tell you what is the reason for repeating the diagnosis and preparation. It is necessary:
- Go to recovery tools, repeated item 1 of the section “Removing the latest updates and fixes”.
- Open the “Command line” item.
- Enter in the command line “bcdedit / set recoveryenabled no” and rename it Enter.
- Close the command timeline, turn off the computer and turn it on again.
Important! If it becomes necessary to activate automatic recovery, this function is turned on through the command period. In the line enter the same combination as when disconnecting, but “available” is replaced by the English “yes”.
Disable Fast Startup Windows 10
The Fast Startup feature helps your computer boot up faster when turned on. However, it is she who, most often, becomes a prerequisite for errors and the occurrence of a cycle of constant preparations for automatic recovery. Disabling Fast Startup will help get rid of the problem.
- Go to the control panel;
- Open the item “Power supply”;
- Select “Actions of the power buttons”;
- Click on “Parameter changes that are currently unavailable”;
- In the lower section Uncheck the box next to Enable Fast Startup;
- Save changes.
There are other ways to fix this problem.
- Change of operating system. The wizard will study the problem and replace the system, taking into account the impossibility of repeating this problem.
- Reducing the volume of the working disk. The process is laborious and requires professional knowledge.
- Purchasing a new hard drive or PC.
- Restarting the computer if preparing a single recovery.
Recovery image for Lenovo laptop
To reset Lenovo laptops to factory settings, usually just press the hidden Novo button, usually recessed in the case on the left or right side of the laptop, and select “System Recovery” from the menu, or go to the special boot options for Windows 10 and find the item to restore in special boot options. However, this only works if there is a hidden system recovery image on the laptop.
If the image is available, you can download it from the official Lenovo website and use the proprietary utility to create a bootable Windows recovery USB drive with all the drivers. This tutorial explains how to do it. Also helpful: How to reset a laptop to factory settings.
Note: To reset your laptop using special boot options, on the Windows 10 lock screen, press the power button shown on the bottom right, then hold Shift and press Restart. In the menu that opens, in the “Troubleshooting” section, there is an item for resetting the system. Also, some Lenovo models by pressing the F8, F9, F4 key (sometimes in combination with Alt or Fn, in different ways) during power-up show an error screen, from which you can go to additional parameters and find the item to reset there.
How to download recovery image for Lenovo
Lenovo’s official website offers downloads of recovery images containing the OS and drivers specific to your laptop. Unfortunately, unlike Dell, Lenovo does not provide such images for every model of its laptop, nevertheless, it is worth trying to download it: the website claims that the images are available for ThinkPad, “selected IdeaPad models”, as well as for PCs and all-in-ones Lenovo.
First of all, you need a serial number, which can be found on the bottom of your Lenovo laptop, where it is indicated by the letters “S / N”. Additionally, you need a Lenovo ID account, which you can create at https://account.Lenovo.com/ru/ru/. After the serial number is found and the account is accepted, follow these steps:
- Go to https://pcsupport.Lenovo.com/ru/ru/lenovorecovery/ and enter your laptop serial number.
- If you see the message “This is not a valid Windows machine for recovery”, then you are not prompted to download an image for your laptop.
- If there is an image, you will see your laptop model and the option to select the country and language of the downloaded image. Check the box “I accept the rules” and click “Next”.
- At the next stage, you will need to provide your first name, last name, country and email address.
- You will see a message that the Lenovo Recovery download is available and a link, go to it.
- On the next page, you will be prompted to download one of two versions of Lenovo USB Recovery Creator, download the correct one depending on your Windows version.
- Connect a USB flash drive (preferably 16 GB or more, data from it will be deleted) to a computer or laptop, run the Lenovo USB Recovery Creator utility, enter your Lenovo ID details, and on the next screen. the desired system recovery image.
- All other steps are quite clear: you will need to specify the storage location for the files, and after downloading them, select the USB flash drive to which the Lenovo recovery image will be written.
Upon completion of the process, you will receive a ready-made bootable USB flash drive specifically for your laptop, with which you can easily restore the factory system with all the drivers and software from Lenovo.
If there is an image for your laptop, and the system cannot be restored in any way, describe the situation in the comments: the exact model of the laptop, whether the system boots, to what stage and what version of the system. I will try to suggest a solution.
How to turn off Windows 10 automatic repair
It is possible to disable the launch of automatic Windows 10 repair and check how the system behaves in this case. in some cases, this leads to a normal boot of the OS, sometimes. it allows you to determine what exactly the problem is. To disable automatic recovery:
- As in the previous method (steps 1-3) go to the system recovery tools.
- Open the “Command Prompt”.
- At the command prompt, type you press Enter.
- Close the command timeline, select “Turn off computer” and then turn it back on.
In the future, to return automatic recovery, which can sometimes be useful. Use the command term (as administrator, if it will be launched in a running Windows 10) and the command
Auto recovery only after shutdown, after restart Windows 10 works
One of the most common options is preparing an automatic recovery, diagnosing a Windows 10 computer and the subsequent steps only after shutting down the next time the computer or laptop is turned on, and pressing the “Restart now” button or a simple restart solves the problem. It is also possible that the appearance of the problem depends on how long the computer has been turned off or turned off from the outlet.
In the cases described above, the following solutions to the problem can help:
- Disable Windows 10 Fast Startup (the fastest method and necessary if the problem occurs on the PC after unplugging it, and you are NOT ready to turn it off).
- Manually install the chipset and power management drivers, and for Intel. also Intel ME (Management Engine Interface) drivers from the official website of the laptop or motherboard manufacturer, even if they are NOT the newest on the official website.
- For PC with “Quick Start” enabled. do not disconnect the computer from the mains.
The bottom line in this case boils down to the fact that Windows 10 when the “Quick Start” function is enabled by default and shutdown does NOT turn off “completely”, but goes into a kind of hibernation. If the chipset and power management drivers are not working properly (and it is not uncommon for drivers to automatically install Windows 10 to cause this malfunction, despite their compatibility), or if there is a complete loss of power (for example, you unplugged the PC from the outlet), restoring from this hibernation can crash and automatically recover.
Ongoing automatic recovery preparation and computer diagnostics in Windows 10. how to fix
Some Windows 10 users are faced with the fact that after the updated, and sometimes without clearly defined reasons, when the computer or laptop is turned on, the inscription “Preparing for automatic recovery” constantly appears, replacing “Computer diagnostics”, which summarizes the screen “Automatic recovery” in Windows 10.
This guide details possible methods to fix Windows 10 Permanent Automatic Repair and get your computer back to normal boot.
Fix problems causing manual automatic repair
After automatically diagnosing a Windows 10 computer, users are taken to the “Automatic Repair” screen, giving access to various recovery tools that can be used to fix the problem:
- On the Automatic Repair screen, click Advanced Options.
- In the opened menu of the recovery environment go to “Troubleshooting”. “Advanced options”.
- In the menu that appears, you can use many recovery options at once, depending on after which the problem arose. If you do not know for sure, I recommend using the options in order.
- If the problem appeared after installing any programs, manipulating the Windows 10 system registry, try the “System Restore” item to use restore points. If they are present on the computer, it is highly likely that the problem can be fixed.
- In case “Automatic Repair” began to bother after installing Windows 10 updates, go to the “Uninstall updates” and try first the item “Uninstall the last fix”, and if it does not help. “Uninstall the last update of components”. When asking for a password and if you do not have any account password, leave it blank, also Considering that if you log in to the system by PIN, you will not need to enter it here, but the password.
- If you are constantly preparing for automatic recovery from power failures, installing a second OS, or actions with hard disk or SSD partitions, try using the “Startup Repair” option. Also here can be useful instructions Restoring the bootloader Windows 10.
- If none of the options helps, check if Safe Mode works by selecting Boot Options from the menu, clicking the Restart button, and after a menu of boot options appears, press the 4 or F4 key to enter Safe Mode. If you were able to enter Safe Mode, you may be able to undo the actions that preceded the problem there. on the topic. Windows 10 Safe Mode.
As a last resort, remember about the item “Reset the computer to its original state” in the menu “Troubleshooting”, which allows you to automatically reinstall Windows 10, including saving your data.
Windows 10 Endless Automatic Repair. video
If you still need help, describe the situation and Possible reasons for the problem in the comments, I will try to give a hint.
If your computer has restore points configured, you can try rolling the system back to a working state. In this case, the user data will be saved, but changes in system files and the operating system registry will be canceled, and applications installed since the point creation will be removed. In any case, check for the presence of such backups, since you may simply not remember that you once enabled this option.
- Go to the “System Restore” section.
Choosing Windows 10.
In the next window, click “Next”.
If you have created restore points on your computer, a list of them will open. Select the closest one by date and click “Next”. We are waiting for the recovery process to complete.
If restore points were not created in this, in the future it is worth thinking about it, since a system rollback often helps to fix various kinds of problems. We wrote in more detail about the creation of TV in SEPARATE articles.
If Windows still has NOT booted, check your hardware. Disconnect and reconnect the hard drive first. If there are more than one installed, disconnect all and Connect only the Windows 10 HDD. Optional Disconnect all external USB drives. If possible, connect the hard drive to a second computer and check it for errors and bad sectors. How to do this is written in a separate article.
There were times when reinstalling the RAM helped. Remove all the brackets from the motherboard, then insert them one by one into the slots and after each try to boot the system.
Run Startup Repair, a system tool designed to detect and fix problems blocking Windows from starting.
- In the “Troubleshooting” section, click “Startup Repair”.
We select the required operating system and wait for the recovery tool to complete its work.
Boot in “safe mode
Try booting Windows 10 in “Safe Mode”. In this case, a minimal set of files and components is involved, which increases the chance of a successful launch. If any damaged system files become the cause of the problem, then in BR using utilities from Microsoft, SFC and DISM, you can identify them and replace them with correct copies.
- We boot using a bootable flash drive, configure the language settings and click “Next”.
We choose “Troubleshooting”.
Launching the “Command Line”.
Bcdedit / set safeboot minimal
And press “Enter”. Windows 10 next boot will be in “Safe Mode”.
Now close the console and click “Continue”.
If an account was used to log into the system, you will have to enter its password, even if there was a PIN code before. In the search for Windows, enter “Command Prompt” and run the application as administrator.
In the console field, execute the following commands in turn:
Dism / Online / Cleanup-Image / RestoreHealth
We are waiting for the completion of the process and restart the computer.
In BR You can not only recover damaged system files, but also save important data from local drives to external media. After all, it is possible that the system in Results will have to be reinstalled.
At the same time, it is highly likely that Windows cannot boot into “safe mode” and then the integrity check of system files will have to be launched using the “command line” in the recovery environment. Read more about this in the following instructions.
In a situation with endless preparation of automatic recovery, programs and data become inaccessible. All actions will be performed in the Windows recovery environment. You will need a bootable USB flash drive or disk, which you can easily create on another computer. How to do this is described in detail in SEPARATE articles.
First, do a “hard reboot”. press the corresponding button on the system unit of the stationary computer. Notebook Unplug and remove the battery. Then hold down the power button for 15-20 seconds, insert the battery, Connect the device to the mains and turn it on. If the system does not boot, go to the methods described below.
Disable automatic recovery
If we assume that the problem is in the automatic recovery function itself, then it is possible to interrupt its cycle.
- In the Windows recovery environment, launch the “Command Prompt” again and enter the code:
Bcdedit / set recoveryenabled No
Press “Enter” and try to restart your computer.
To later enable automatic recovery, instead of the No value at the end, write Yes.
Reinstalling the system
If the problem cannot be solved by the proposed methods, but there are problems with the hardware, it remains to reinstall Windows 10. This is described in detail in the next article.
Hope you were able to start Windows 10 normally. However, if such a problem occurs, do not immediately take the recommendations described above. The system may be actually trying to fix something, so give it time. The forums describe cases when Windows booted safely and after 45 minutes, and then worked stably.