The laptop does not meet modern requirements
Time does not stand still, and therefore every year more demanding programs, games and versions of operating systems appear. If your laptop is many years old, perhaps the reason for the slow operation is the poor technical characteristics of the device by modern standards. To solve the problem, you must either upgrade the system or purchase a new, more powerful laptop.
If your laptop is equipped with an air cooling system and has been in operation for more than a year, you should think about preventive cleaning of internal components from dust. The fact is that over time, the radiator grilles and elements of the cooling system become covered with a layer of dust. This, in turn, leads to overheating of the laptop, as well as to the braking and freezing of the system. How to clean your laptop from dust, read this article.
The longer and more actively the device is used, various programs are installed, the more applications get into startup. It seems like nothing bad, but over time, the system resources of the laptop Not enough to start all programs and services quickly enough. The situation is aggravated by the fact that some of THESE applications are rarely used and often unnecessary. To optimize startup, do the following:
- Right click mouse or touchpad on the taskbar and select the term “Task Manager”;
- In a new window, open the “Startup” tab;
- VIEW all the programs on the list, and Disable which of them that you are NOT using (be careful, if you doubt the purpose of this or that program, check the information about it on the Internet).
Incorrect power settings
There are several operating modes for laptops:
- Energy Saving. Used on battery power, low system performance, low screen brightness, etc.
- Balanced. a balance is maintained between performance and power consumption;
- High performance. characterized by an increased microprocessor frequency, bright display, etc.
When you plug in the power cord, make sure the system automatically switches to balanced mode or high performance mode. After all, if the power saving mode is set, the laptop will run much slower.
Increased fragmentation Hard disk
If your device uses an HDD, then over time the information stored on it is fragmented, which slows down the system when working with data. To avoid this, it is recommended to periodically check the status of the Hard Disk and perform defragmentation. To analyze the disk and run defragmentation, do the following:
- Depending on the version of the operating system, go to “My Computer” or “This Computer”;
- Right-click on the hard drive and select “Properties”;
- Open the “Service” tab;
- Click the Optimize or Defragment button;
- In the new window, select the main hard drive and use the “Analyze” button;
- If the fragmentation rate is above 10%, defragment the disk.
Damage by viruses
The presence of malicious software often provokes a situation where the laptop is slow. If you actively use the Internet, download programs from various sources, and at the same time you do not have a good antivirus program installed on your device, then sooner or later you will undergo a virus infection. Sometimes it is difficult to immediately notice that viruses have appeared on the laptop, but if the laptop suddenly began to work slowly, this is a sign of a possible infection. How to deal with malware, read here.
6 reasons why your laptop is slow
Have you started to notice that your laptop is very slow? Many users are faced with a similar problem, which is often annoying and annoying. Don’t waste your nerves, return your device to its former performance with the help of our tips. Read below why the laptop is slow, loads everything for a long time, and how to deal with it.
Despite the release of the new Windows 10 operating system, many users have remained faithful to the previous [. ]
Over time, the computer accumulates Not only a lot of programs and files, some of [. ]
Performance issues, frequent freezes and glitches are what [. ]
The basic settings of the Windows 7 operating system are optimal and therefore slow down the speed [. ]
The process of cleaning from dust and dirt is underway. We will master the rest with your help!
Thank you so much! Tip helped, there was a Balanced mode. When installed, High Performance is now fast.
Whoever does not fumble about the answers, it is better to have it cleaned by a specialist. You struggle to disassemble it, and then, if you can, put it back together.
Not enough space on the system drive
The information that is in it can be fragmented over time. That is, some sections should be Arranged and Sorted. But first it makes sense to check by following the steps below:
- First you need to go to “my computer”. Then right-click on the disk, and then on the term “properties”.
- Then open the “Service” tab and point to “optimize”.
- In the tab that will be available, you will see a list of media. Accordingly, you will have to click on “analyze”. As a result, the result will be given. If the percentage is greater than 10, then defragmentation should be performed. This will be discussed at the end of the article.
Indeed, there are certain types of viruses that may NOT manifest themselves for a long time, but slows down the laptop‘s performance. It is recommended that you pay attention to the Anti-Virus program. To run it, follow these steps:
- First, open the main window and go to the “scan hard drives” section.
- Now you can select “deep scan” and call the devices that you want to check.
- In the process, the platform will automatically detect the files that are being questioned. Depending on your desire, you can delete it, skip it, clear it and move it to quarantine.
Slow loading is provoked by a large number of available programs. Specialized utilities will help in the solution. For example, it is advisable to download WinHacker 95. It is capable of changing icons and removing service folders. And Registry Search, in turn, can change the characteristics in the registry, while the work will be carried out both from a local PC and from a remote.
Of course, after a certain period of time, the memory becomes saturated to the impossible, which causes problems. There is a pattern: the more programs are installed and running at the same time, the more likely the formation of problems and failures. Thus, it is recommended to regularly use the resources that comprehensively maintain the registry. The most trusted category includes Reg Organizer. It is he who compresses and cleans the OS. In addition, it can be used to reproduce the complete removal of the software.
The laptop takes a long time to load and slows down
In the modern world, this technique is in special demand. And when there is a malfunction or another, it is desirable to resolve the issue of its elimination immediately. So, there may be several possible reasons. Often, dust accumulates, viruses appear in the system, automatic boot overflows, hard disk fragmentation increases, and so on. Below we will try to disassemble the most common defects.
Why the laptop boots slowly and what to do?
All reasons can be divided into two large categories: hardware, which are related to hardware and software. Accordingly, the latter of these represent negative aspects in software.
It makes sense to periodically clean up the windows boot, thereby removing unnecessary programs. For this, you will directly need the “CtrlShiftEsc” combination. After that, a tab should open, in it you need to click on “startup”. It is also worth leaving there only what will be important to you.
Laptop takes a long time to boot
Each device tends to fail or reduce performance over time. However, this does not mean that the equipment is no longer usable. In most cases, you can identify the source of the problem and fix it. Therefore, in the written article, we will talk about possible malfunctions.
If you notice that the bottom surface of the case has started to get very hot, and the noise from the fan is increasing, then this case is difficult. The fact is that when a critical temperature point is reached, the system is automatically triggered, which is responsible for overheating protection. Therefore, it is necessary to disconnect the equipment from the power supply, then disassemble and clean it from small particles, dust.
Perform a full system scan for viruses
Of course, setting up your computer will NOT do without a full scan for viruses. New malicious codes are constantly appearing on the Internet that attack vital nodes of the operating system. sometimes in search of the user’s personal information, and sometimes solely for the purpose of causing damage.
Unfortunately, no antivirus, even the most advanced one that uses the latest version of the virus database, gives 100% protection. Whatever products you use, you can only hope for luck. and DO NOT forget about regular updates.
You can completely secure the device only in one case: if you completely isolate it from the global network and do not connect any removable media to it. Then it is equal to the assumption why the computer takes a long time to boot and Windows 10 boots slowly will be removed. but your personal computer will also lose all practical value.
Let’s pay attention to one more fundamental point. A simple scan of the Hard Drive for accumulated system junk, registry errors, incorrect automatic boot parameters is certainly useful, but it does not help in the fight against malicious codes. To ensure your machine is safe, you will need to periodically perform deep scans. You should also NOT rely on chance: a problem that temporarily receded by itself will soon return. and, possibly, with much more serious consequences.
One full scan will take two to three hours and sometimes more. Based on the above considerations, we recommend that you use several anti-virus products in sequence. Considering that the scan time will increase accordingly. When using two or three programs, the process can take the whole day. which means that you need to prepare for it in advance.
We recommend using the following universal products for cleaning malicious codes:
- Web Antivirus;
- Avira Free Security Suite;
- AVG AntiVirus Free;
- Avast Free Antivirus;
- Kaspersky Free;
- 360 Total Security.
It will be optimal to use, as mentioned above, two or three products. Applying more will just take your time, almost NOT increasing the likelihood of detecting a problem. Before starting a scan, we highly recommend activating the full / deep scan mode. the corresponding option must be present in the main menu.
And most importantly, under no circumstances run antivirus programs at the same time. In the best case, the programs will simply slow down each other and the case will eventually end with the OS crash; at worst, instead of fixing a relatively minor problem, you will have to install the system from scratch.
Disable startup processes that strongly affect OS startup time
Even if you have done all of the above, you may still experience a long boot of Windows 10. Windows 10 starts up for a long time and for another common reason: incorrect settings for the processes that run when applications start up. or if this system partition is overloaded.
The folder responsible for the automatic start of built-in and user-installed programs contains not the utilities themselves, but links to them. Autorun, performed without any user action, is especially necessary for basic system drivers, antiviruses, firewalls, and to a lesser extent for optimizers.
Each such process takes a certain amount of time to process. On the one hand, fractions of a second do NOT play any role for human perception. On the other hand, if you have added fifty NOT too necessary programs to the section, this will already lead to a very noticeable slowdown. The processor simply cannot complete all tasks at the same time; added complexity uneven power distribution. the operating system does not always guess which applications are of the highest importance.
Be that as it may, you can fix the problem caused by incorrect implementation of the autorun option in a few Clicks:
- To get down to business, open, as described in the first tip, system “Options”. Here, in the “Applications” section, you will find the “Startup” item. it will help you find out why a laptop with Windows 10 boots slowly when you turn it on.
- Find programs that are NOT required to run automatically, and Disable the corresponding option for them using the sliders opposite the headings.
As you can see in the image above, using this tool, it is impossible to clearly determine how much and or another program affects the OS startup speed. Do you want more information? Then try another instruction:
- Using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl, Alt and Escape. or right-clicking on the taskbar and Selecting the Appropriate item. call the “Task Manager”.
- If necessary, expand the menu of basic options by clicking on the “Details” button.
- Go to the tab that offers autostart control and is named accordingly. Here, in the pivot table, not only a list of all applications that start without your participation will be presented, but also the degree of influence of each of them on the launch time.
- Select the ones that have the “High / High” status and set them to “Disable” using the context menu. Repeat the procedure for each process separately, and then close the window.
This method is more accurate because it provides information about which utilities take a long time to load in Windows 10 when you turn it on. But, you see, the information expressed in terms of “Low”, “Medium”, “High” is also not enough. In addition, the status of Some programs remains undefined, which means that you cannot understand whether to disable them or not.
To go to the extended data, click, Using the right mouse button, in the heading “Publisher”. and in the menu that appears, select the indicator “Central bank at startup”.
Thus, you have just added a new column to the pivot table. Move to it using the mouse wheels, dragging the bottom scroll bar, or stretching the dispatcher window. The added graph, as shown in the example below, shows the time in thousandths of a second taken by each of the utilities. Pay attention to especially “lengthy” processes: they may well turn out to be malicious codes. So, in the illustration, the second and third circled applications increase the launch time by a total of almost 18 seconds, while it does not bring any benefit at all. Of course, they not only can, but also need to be disabled, or better yet, uninstall.
Some programs, including protected firewalls and antiviruses, you will NOT be able to exclude from the autorun list in this way. You will have to first turn to their own settings, disable protective processes. and only then deactivate autorun.
What to do if a black screen appears when the system boots
This issue is covered in detail in one of our articles on black screen on laptop. If after pressing the power button you DO NOT see anything except the black window of the monitor, you can suspect the video card driver is working incorrectly. To a greater extent, this problem is typical for laptops, but it also occurs on PCs. It’s easier to fix it than you think. the following algorithm will help you:
- Once again, using the system search, go to the Device Manager tool.
- Expand, by clicking on the title, the list of “Video adapters” available in the left pane of the new window. Find in the list of available devices the one you are using now (most likely, there will be only one option). and Disable it using the context menu. After that, the screen will almost certainly go completely black for a few seconds and then turn back on.
As soon as the image appears again, turn off the PC and the indicators go out completely, turn it on. We do NOT recommend using the reboot option. it will not allow you to evaluate the effectiveness of the manipulations undertaken.
The method described above, and will not solve the problem if you are using the integrated video adapter from Intel.
It does NOT hurt to install a new driver for your video. Download it from the manufacturer’s website (amd.com/drivers or nvidia.com/drivers). or, as an assembly, from any other trusted source.
If after all the actions taken, the computer takes a long time to load at startup, try rolling back the latest driver version to the previous one, and also use the first advice given in the article.
What to do if Windows 10 takes a long time to load after updating
As mentioned above, getting the operating system up to date in a timely manner is quite helpful. However, it happens the other way around: due to certain reasons, Windows 10 takes a long time to load after the update, by the way, we have a separate article on this issue. Most often this happens:
- Due to the interruption of the package installation process by the user. The operation can take up to several hours. and it is not worth artificially stopping it.
- Due to a power surge in the household network. In this case, prevented by the installation of a stabilizer or UPS, the installation is interrupted due to an unexpected shutdown of the PC.
- Due to poor quality internet connection. As a result, the package may not be fully downloaded. During installation, such a program will disrupt the OS and ultimately lead to the inability to boot normally.
To fix the situation, rather than resorting to reinstalling the system, you will need to follow these steps:
- Completely clean up downloaded update files.
- Restart the process of getting new packages.
- Scan a number of files critical for the performance of the OS.
The operation is performed as follows:
- First, you clear the cache. It is extremely simple to do this: go to the system drive, open the Windows directory. Here refer to the SoftwareDistribution subdirectory and, having selected in the next folder, Download, all the files (there can be a lot of them), delete them. As you can see in the illustration below, you need administrator privileges to clean up.
- Check for an update using the instructions in the advice above.
An interesting situation is when Windows 10 is loaded for a long time when it is turned on a few days after a clean installation. In this case, the matter is not in the received updates, but in the Incorrect installation of the wired ones. The following small instruction will help you troubleshoot the problem:
- Run the command term. It will be optimal to do it immediately with administrator rights.
- Apply command to perform system data check: sfc / scannow.
- After the scan is complete and the errors are fixed, restart the machine and check if the boot time has decreased.
If none of the above helps, try rolling back to the previous version of the operating system. For this:
- Go to the “Update and Security” section again, available in the “Start” menu, use the “Recovery” tab.
- Find a link on the new page offering to return to the previous version, and agree to start the process, clicked the appropriate button.
- If you wish, you can indicate, due to what circumstances, rollback. or select the universal option “For another reason”.
- Further, to speed up the process, refuse the next check for available updates.
- Please read the warning that appears on the next page carefully. The main points are:
- You will have to wait for a long time.
- All software changes you made since the last update will be reset.
- User data will remain intact.
- Now, in order to finally cope with the problem due to which the computer began to boot for a long time, click “Next”. and DO NOT interrupt the process until it is successfully completed.
Among other things, you can perform the above operation in Another way. Using the recovery environment. Follow the instructions carefully:
- Restart your computer or laptop while holding down the Shift key during operation.
- After waiting for the “recovery” menu to appear on a blue background, select the “Troubleshooting” section.
- Refer to the list of additional parameters available in the Diagnostics submenu.
- Click on the item that allows you, as the title suggests, to revert to the old version of the operating system.
- After waiting for the next reboot, select your.
- To carry out further manipulations, enter the password. If the latter is Not set. just click “Continue”.
That’s all. now, once in the new window, you can click on the button offering to roll back to the old version and wait for the process to complete successfully.
Delete temporary files
Windows 10 still starts and loads slowly? Try the next step: Get rid of unnecessary files that have long been NOT used by the operating system. They accumulate on the Hard Disk, sometimes even access the startup menu. and will certainly slow down the startup speed.
Performs the procedures described below, it is recommended that you regularly, at least once a month. The process is completely safe for your PC; if used correctly, it does NOT affect critical files. Follow the instructions:
- Once again, once in the system “Settings”, select the “System” section. Here you will need a tab called “Device Memory”.
- Now you need to find and run the “Memory Sense”, and then. the tool “Free up space now”. Explore which categories of unnecessary data are available for deletion, mark them with checkboxes and click “Delete”.
After a few seconds, your computer will become a little cleaner. and, perhaps, you can finally solve the problem with too long system startup. And if it doesn’t work out, use the tips below.
Check Windows 10 startup options
Unlike all the previous tools that allow you to instantly figure out why Windows 10 takes a long time to start and load, this will be a little more difficult to get to. Parameters are set by the operating system by default and in theory should NOT be changed by the user.
In fact, everything is more complicated. The process settings can be adjusted, of course, in the negative direction, by a virus that has entered the computer. Changing parameters can lead to extremely long loading of the operating system. up to several hours.
To return the settings to optimal, follow our instructions:
- Using the previously described system search tool, enter msconfig as a request and, after waiting for an OS response, click on the first result in the output list.
- Referring to the “Download” tab located in the top line of the new window, click on the “Additional parameters” button.
- Use the two fields shown in the figure below to set the operating system preparation process to the maximum. Use all available kernels and set the Highest used RAM. both are fundamentally important for correct and fast loading.
Do not forget to save your changes by clicking on the “Apply” button in the main window. For the amendments to take effect, be sure to restart your PC. immediately or at a convenient time for you.
Check the status of the hard drive
Another recommendation that helps Not only understand why Windows 10 takes a long time to boot when turned on on an SSD or magnetic disk, but also fix the problem, is to conduct a full check of the status of the drive. Over time, a lot of unnecessary files accumulate on the disk, bad sectors appear. and you need to periodically get rid of them in order to prevent a complete OS failure.
The process does NOT pose a danger to the computer, but must be carried out in strict accordance with the annotation:
- Launched command term, a universal tool present in any version of Windows, enter and apply the chkdsk SD prompt: / F / R, where CD is the letter assigned to your system physical or logical drive.
- With a very high probability, the OS will notify you that it is impossible to conduct a check right now, since the drive is already in use. Agree to delayed scanning by pressing the Y key.
Immediately after this action, you can restart the PC or perform a complete shutdown and power cycle. Prepare to wait: The review and fix process Takes a lot of time. Similarly, you can scan the rest of your hard drives.
Download all Windows 10 updates
An operating system is a complex software environment that requires periodic corrections of detected errors and vulnerabilities, adding new tools and replacing old ones. If Windows 10 takes a very long time to load at startup, it’s time to check for the updates provided by the developer and install them. In addition to critically important system files, they also concern service applications, in particular, the “Defender”, which is responsible for OS security.
To restore the working environment, try updating manually. This is especially useful if the automatic process was disabled by a second user or malicious code. Follow the instructions:
- Calling the system search tool, enter the query “Services” in it, then go to the top result in the list that appears.
- In the window that opens, find, moving down with the mouse wheels, the item “Windows Update” and double-click on the title.
- On the first tab, set any of the two launch parameters “Automatic” (recommended) or “Manual”. For the specified changes to take effect, click “Apply”, and then. “OK”.
- Half done. You have successfully activated the Service Required for Update. Let’s move on to the second part. Calling the menu of system “parameters” again, open this time the section “Update and security”.
- On the top-most tab, which has the same name as the previously started service, click on Check for Updates. Downloaded and installed packages will almost certainly help if Windows 10 is slow to load.
Testing and installation can take from five to fifteen minutes to several hours. It all depends on how long you have NOT updated the state of your personal computer, and the current speed of the Internet connection. If you need to work at a computer during the day, we recommend starting the process before going to bed, and in the morning to perform the Required Restart.
Windows 10 takes a very long time to load when you turn on your computer: what to do if the system boots slowly
It also happens: an operating system that worked for a long time without any complaints, suddenly began to load for a long time: from a minute or two to ten minutes or more. This situation is possible on any generation of Windows, and not excluding the last one. In the early stages of the problem, in fact, nothing else terrible happens. you are experiencing discomfort solely from a long wait.
As a rule, it is accompanied by a fascinating viewing of a black screen. it appears immediately after Microsoft’s proprietary animation and does NOT go away until the moment it changes to the desktop. At the same time, you can see the mouse cursor on the monitor and can even move it. This is where your powers end. viewing files and working in programs with a completely black monitor is impossible.
When asked whether it is necessary to fix the problem, we will immediately answer: yes. Firstly, this way you will reduce unnecessary and annoying waiting times. And secondly, to prevent the occurrence of much more serious problems on your machine, the first symptom of which is an excessively long startup.
Operating system reinstallation required.
It is also possible that the laptop takes a very long time to boot after that the system itself is very old and has simply outlived its usefulness. The solution here is quite simple. Under the heading “Installing Windows” there are Detailed instructions on how to install Windows XP, 7, 8. I am sure after reading them you will no longer have any questions.
The laptop takes a very long time to boot. Why?
Today I would like to talk to you about the reasons due to which the laptop takes a very long time to boot.
Let’s, I will write below absolutely all the reasons due to which the laptop takes a very long time to boot, and then we will consider each of them in detail.
Dust cleaning is required.
Cleaning the laptop from dust is a mandatory planned event that should be carried out as soon as the air from the radiator grill becomes scalding hot. This is another reason due to which the laptop takes a very long time to load, as the CPU, motherboard and other components overheat, which in turn affects the performance of the laptop.
If you are NOT confident in your abilities, then it is better to take your PC to a service center, where professionals will clean it. Otherwise, if you break something, it will only get worse.
For acquaintance, you can read a fairly detailed instruction on cleaning a laptop from dust, lubricating the fan and replacing thermal paste. After reading these articles, if you are confident in your abilities, try to find a video on disassembling and assembling your laptop on YouTube and do everything in the same way as shown there.
Check / replace hard disk and RAM.
As a rule, it is because of THESE components that the laptop starts to get wildly suspended, it takes a long time to boot, there may also be blue screens of death, black screens, etc.
In order to exclude this reason, you need to check the hard disk and RAM. I advise you to check the hard drive using the Victoria 4.46b program. You can download it on the Internet for free.
There is also a Remap function for fixing bad sectors of the hard drive. After starting, you need to click on the Tests tab, select “Remap” as in the picture below and click “Start”.
RAM is a little more difficult to check. In order to do this, you need to download the memtest86 program.
Write it to a USB flash drive or disk in a special way (there are a lot of detailed instructions for recording on the Internet), and then it will boot NOT as usual from the hard disk, but from the device on which the program is recorded. You can find out how to set the boot priority in BIOS and boot from a USB flash drive or disk here.
Search and remove viruses.
A laptop can take a very long time to boot due to the fact that all its RAM and permanent memory are teeming with viruses. There is a kind of viruses that reduces the performance of your computer to almost zero, do not let it work normally. Read, if interested, the various articles in the section “Removing viruses”.
There is also a solution to this issue. You need to download the free Dr.Web Cureit antivirus! After downloading, you need to run a scan of the entire computer in deepening mode. Then delete whatever he found. You can download this antivirus from the official website: https://www.Freedrweb.ru/downloadcureitfree/?Lng=ru
Laptop needs cleaning of software debris.
One of the main reasons why a laptop takes a very long time to boot is a large amount of software junk that needs to be removed. It is quite simple to do this with the help of the wonderful Ccleaner program.
You can download it absolutely free on the official website http://ccleaner.Org.ua/download/
The program is very easy to use and in addition to getting rid of unnecessary files, it will also help fix errors in the system registry, remove all unnecessary programs from startup, and much more.
You can read detailed instructions on how to clean your laptop using Ccleaner here.
Reasons why the laptop takes a very long time to boot.
- Laptop needs cleaning of software debris.
- Dust cleaning is required.
- Search and remove viruses.
- Operating system reinstallation required.
- Check / replace hard disk and RAM.
- Laptop upgrade required.
So, we have listed all the Possible reasons due to which the laptop takes a very long time to boot. Now let’s look at each of them in more detail.
Laptop upgrade required.
Of course, this is not a mandatory item, but nevertheless, if you do not have a sufficiently powerful laptop, and you work with rather heavy applications or games, upgrading your laptop will help you. If you follow the link, you will be taken to a section where you will certainly find out in what ways you can increase the performance of your laptop.
This is where this article comes to its logical conclusion. I really hope that she helped you get rid of a very long laptop boot. Thanks for attention! Good luck to you!
Why Windows 10 takes a long time to load and how to fix it?
Often, when the PC is turned on, the system boots up slowly, and the computer runs slowly during operation. Such a long boot Windows 10 can be caused by various factors, which must be installed in order to solve the problem and speed up the system.
Why Windows 10 takes a long time to load when I turn on my PC?
The reasons why the computer starts up slowly and slows down can be different. Let’s highlight the most common:
- Fragmentation of the system disk. If the wrong disk type and format was selected during OS installation and partition formatting, most files will be split into small partitions. The more such partitions, the more time it takes for the system to read information from files. As a result, the computer starts up slowly and slows down during operation.
- There is not enough free space on the Hard disk. Microsoft developers claim that a minimum of 50 GB of free space is required for the system to function properly. It is necessary Not only for performing various operations, but also for updating.
- Application conflict. After installing antivirus software on Windows 10, the computer and laptop can take a long time to load and slow down. If you did NOT disable the built-in antivirus before installing the defender, you should correct this situation and deactivate the standard utility. Comp will noticeably speed up. Also, you shouldn’t install multiple defenders.
- Filling startup with unnecessary applications and services.
- Garbage in the registry.
- Driver conflict. If you updated the drivers to a more recent version before the problem appeared, you should roll back the software to an earlier state.
- Hardware malfunction.
- Virus and malware.
What to do if Windows 10 starts to load slowly?
If your computer or laptop takes a very long time to load at the start and stutters during operation, you should use a few recommendations.
- We clean the Windows 10 registry using the programs and utilities available to you.
- Check your PC for viruses and malware using free utilities.
- We remove unnecessary programs from startup. To do this, press “WinR” and enter “msconfig”.
A new window will open. Go to the startup tab and uncheck those programs and applications that we rarely use. Click “OK”.
Also, in the “Services” tab, you can disable services that you do not need. For example, a firewall if you are using a third-party antivirus or a print service if you have a printer.
- We start disk defragmentation. Go to “My Computer” and right-click on the C drive. Select “Properties”.
A new window will open. Go to the “Service” tab. Press the button “Optimize”.
The following window will open. We select the local disk C. We press “Analyze”, and after assessing the state of the disk. “Optimize”.
After defragmentation, restart the computer.
- We clean the system from debris. If your computer starts to work slowly after installing the update, you should run the utility to clean up the system from garbage. Each new Microsoft update requires 1 GB or more of free space. Occupying this space, updates take away free memory from the system for fast processing of specified operations. You can use CCleaner, Windows 10 Manager, and other programs to optimize Windows 10. You can also use the built-in utility and clean your laptop or computer yourself.
- You can check the performance of Windows 10 hardware components using SEPARATE tests or by following a few simple steps. Click “Start”, “Control Panel”. In the search term, enter “Counters and productivity tools”. A window with a list of hardware components will open. After some checking, an overall rating will appear.
If you select “Additional tools” in the left menu, you can Get data for each individual component.
- If the laptop slows down, you should activate “Quick Start”. To do this, open the “Control Panel” and go to “Power Settings”. We set the mark “Quick start”.
Therefore, if your computer or laptop has become very slow, slows down when loading or after updating the system, we recommend that you follow the above recommendations.
Outdated or incorrectly working drivers
If a decrease in performance is observed after replacing components or connecting external devices, you should check the status of the drivers and, if necessary, update them to the latest versions. By the way, the incompatibility of drivers gives an answer to the question of why a new laptop with Windows 10 slows down. The fact is that to ensure the operation of devices in Windows 10, Microsoft drivers are used, which are not always suitable for a specific hardware configuration. Therefore, you need to download drivers from the official websites of device manufacturers. However, you can always use DriverPack Solution or a similar tool to update your drivers.
Incorrect operation of services and applications
You have probably already had to deal with such a phenomenon as a high load on the processor, disk or RAM by any particular process. At the same time, a laptop with Windows 10 slows down a lot, the system response time increases significantly. What to do in this case? As a rule, excessive loading of the CPU and RAM is observed when system and third-party services work incorrectly, Some programs.
It is very difficult to recommend something specific here, since you need to look at which process is causing the problem and deal with it individually. It is one thing when Windows 10 starts to slow down due to the excessive activity of the Runtime Broker, and it is quite another thing when the processor is loaded with “System interrupts”, which indicates the presence of general problems in the operation of the system and hardware components.
The presence of a large number of programs at startup is the most common prerequisite for reducing the speed of the system. It’s easy to see which programs start with Windows 10, just open the Task Manager and switch to the “Startup” tab.
Using the same Manager, users can disable automatically loaded applications and modules. To remove unnecessary programs from startup, you can use third-party tools like CCleaner.
Computer infection with viruses
Malicious programs, in particular, miners, can significantly reduce the speed of work due to their consumption of computer resources. A classic scenario, when everything was in order, but after installing the program, a laptop with Windows 10 began to slow down. What to do in this case? Naturally, remove the software, after the installation of which problems began, and carefully scan the system with at least two antivirus scanners.
Garbage in the file system
A laptop with Windows 10 slows down due to the heavy clutter of temporary files and registry entries. Use the cleaning programs to determine the presence of obsolete files, shortcuts and registry keys on disks, and then delete them. Among the programs for cleaning disks, the most popular are CCleaner, Glary Utilities and Wise Registry Cleaner.
Try NOT to fill the hard drive with files to the eyeballs. This not only decreases the read / write speed, but also does NOT in the best way affect the life of the drive.
Unlike solid-state drives, HDDs are prone to fragmentation, the degree of which increases in proportion to the number of operations to delete old files and write new ones. If your laptop has an HDD drive, check the file system status from time to time and defragment if the fragmentation of files on partitions is more than 10 percent.
Overheating of hardware components
Laptops do not have an efficient cooling system, which is why their hardware components often overheat. Excessive overheating in turn leads to decreased performance. Having determined the temperature of key components using AIDA64 or other similar utility, take if necessary Appropriate measures. clean the laptop from dust, replace, if necessary, thermal paste and Adjust the fan speed using special software.
Hard disk wear
Among the reasons for the deterioration in the performance of Windows 10 is general wear and tear on the hard drive. The presence of logical errors, especially bad sectors Reduces the read / write speed, freezes when opening large files, crashes the system in BSOD, or even suddenly turns off the computer (if Bads fall on the system volume). We recommend checking the hard disk with programs like CrystalDiskInfo.
Braking can also be observed in case of malfunctions in the operation of the RAM. It should also be tested.
Windows 10 laptop slows down. what to do?
Very often, due to some time after installation on a laptop, Windows 10 starts to work slower. the loading time of the desktop increases, applications do not start so quickly, they start Lagat Demanding game resources. Minor slowdowns of a Windows 10 laptop are usually caused by natural causes, for example, errors accumulating over time, new applications and services being added to startup, disk fragmentation, etc.
A drop in performance can also be observed when system services, built-in and third-party applications work incorrectly, there are errors in service packs, and the hardware and software requirements do not match. But this, of course, if you generalize. In reality, it is not always easy to identify the source of the problem; this requires at least a comprehensive check of the device. So, why Windows 10 laptop slows down and how to speed up it?