If you have installed the drivers for the keyboard, turned on the Wi-Fi module, and you still have the Internet, then open the “Control Panel”. Select “Internet Networks” and in “Sharing Control” select “Changes to adapter settings.” Here you will see a list of all adapters. Click on “Wireless network”. If there is a gray icon and the inscription “Disabled”, then there is a Wi-Fi icon in the system tray, which is why nothing works. In this case, you need to enable: right-click the context menu and select “Enable”. The wireless network becomes active. If an error occurs, it helps to launch the “Diagnostics Windows Networks” The system itself can find and fix errors.
If after that the computer does not detect an available network, then reinstall the drivers for the wireless network adapter. Open “Device Manager”, click on “Network adapters”, find the desired device. You need to uninstall and reinstall the driver. Drivers can be found on the Official page of your computer manufacturer or you can find a CD with a working driver bundled with your computer. After installing the driver, you need to turn on the Wi-Fi module and see the work. if everything was activated, we figured out why the network disappeared.
Sometimes it happens that the laptop does not see the wireless network after being under repair or after cleaning. Masters can turn off the antennas. Then you need to disassemble the laptop case and connect them or seek help from specialists.
If the problem is that the computer does not see only your router, but sees others, then you need to do the following steps. Find the settings of the router and check the operation of the Wi-Fi adapter. To do this, open a browser and enter http://192.168.1.1 or http://192.168.0.1 in the address bar. If it did not work out, the data on the ip-address and authorization in order to enter the page can be taken from the sticker attached to the back of the router case or on the manufacturer’s website. On the router’s page, you need to find “Advanced Settings”, the “Wi-Fi and Network Settings” tab. You need to set the “Enable wireless connection” flag. If the flag is on, but for some reason the problem remains, then the last method is to change the channel on which the router is running. In order not to change the channel blindly, you can use the program “inSSIDer for Home”, which analyzes the frequency range of the channel. Channels 1 to 11 are the American standard for Wi-Fi, most devices can work on THESE channels. They can be free from 11 to 13. When changing the settings, do not forget to click “Save”.
You can try to remove encryption, the setting is called “Authentication Method”, change to “Open System “. The problem might be the length of the key (“WPA Preshared Key”). If it is more than 20 characters, then the router will stop working with such a long key. Most likely, the key can be NOT more than 12-13 characters. Here you can also update the firmware: section “Administration”, tab “Update firmware”.
The computer does NOT detect a wireless Wi-Fi network
There are times when Wi-Fi stops being available on the computer. Why this happens and what to do in each case will be discussed in this article.
The problem can be of two types: the computer does not see the Wi-Fi network at all, or there is only your access point in the list of available neighbor networks. In the first case, the problem is most likely in the Wi-Fi device, in the second. in the computer on which the network disappeared.
What should be done first? You can restart a router or a computer on which the network is gone. Make sure to enter the correct password and not enable Caps Lock. If the Passphrase is correct, but the computer does NOT connect, then you need to look for other reasons.
If the computer does not see any access points at all and / or has stopped seeing them: you need to check if the Wi-Fi adapter is active. It is necessary to do this: on the computer keyboard, press the key combination “FnF3” (depending on the model and manufacturer, there may be a combination of “FnF2” or “FnF5”). For the keyboard shortcuts to work, the keyboard drivers must be installed. On older models, the ability to see Wi-Fi is sometimes turned on with a separate button.
Why are there still difficulties? The problem might be in the software. If you have System Restore enabled in Windows, then restore points will be shown in the log when installing programs. You can bring the operating system back to the day the network was up and let it see connections again. You need to select a state, click “Next”, follow the instructions. The Wi-Fi network can often disappear when updating the OS, so sometimes you have to reinstall programs after the update, including for a wireless connection, and then the computer again sees what it needs.
If all else fails and the computer still does not see the available networks, then there is a possibility that the Wi-Fi adapter could fail: it may burn out during operation, it needs good cooling. If it burned out, it will not be displayed in the “Device Manager”, this problem will be issued during “Diagnostics Windows”. It will need to be repaired or changed.
So, we have covered the most common sources of problems when a computer with Wi-Fi fails. Remember that any problem can be fixed by knowing its causes.
Everything on local networks and network equipment
The problem of incorrect display or complete absence of available Wi-Fi networks occurs quite often and affects not only laptops, but also stationary computers, tablets, smartphones, etc.
There are a lot of possible reasons that the Internet on a laptop via wif does not work well. In order to choose the right solution to this problem, you need to evaluate which “scenario” your situation refers to: the laptop has stopped seeing Wi-Fi networks altogether (i.e., a complete “ignore” of wireless connections) or the laptop does not see Wi-Fi from which one hotspot, easily identifying other Wi-Fi signal sources.
The laptop does not show available Wi-Fi networks. The case when the laptop does not see a specific network
The difficulty when your laptop does not see Wi-Fi is also solved. Let’s say the device does NOT find the router’s network, but sees signals from a neighboring office or building without difficulty. This difficulty is puzzling, especially if you look for a solution in a laptop (the fault is not always in the computer, sometimes it does not catch Wi-Fi due to third-party reasons).
If the wireless network was working and now there are no available connections
If everything worked recently and now you have a problem, try the methods below in order. If you do not know how to complete steps 2-6, everything is described in great detail here (opens in a new tab). And if these options have already been tested, go to the seventh point, from which I will begin to describe in detail (because everything is not so simple there for novice computer users).
- Unplug your wireless router (s) and plug it back in.
- Try the Windows troubleshooting that the OS suggests if you call the Wi-Fi cross icon.
- Check if the hardware Wi-Fi switch on the laptop (if any) is turned on, or if you turned it on using the keyboard. Look into the laptop’s proprietary utility for managing wireless networks, if available.
- Check if wireless is enabled in the connection list.
- In Windows 8 and 8.1, in addition, go to the right panel. “Settings”. “Change computer settings”. “Network” (8.1) or “Wireless” (8), and see that the wireless modules are enabled. In Windows 8.1, also look at the “Airplane mode”.
- Go to the official website of the laptop manufacturer and download the latest drivers for the Wi-Fi adapter, install them. Even if you already have the same driver version installed, it might help, try.
If Wi-Fi was NOT previously used on this laptop, or you have reinstalled Windows
If you have never used wireless capabilities on this device before, but now you have installed a Wi-Fi router and want to connect and you have this problem, then first I recommend Read the article Wi-Fi does not work on a laptop.
The main message of the mentioned instructions is to install all the necessary drivers from the manufacturer’s official website (not from the driver pack). Not only directly to the Wi-Fi adapter, but also to ensure the operation of the laptop function keys, if the wireless module is turned on using them (for example, FnF2). The key can display Not only the wireless network icon, but also the image of an airplane. enabling and disabling airplane mode. In this context, the instruction can also be useful: Fn key does not work on laptop.
- Check your laptop for the presence of a mechanical button or a mode switch for the wireless adapter, and try to turn it on (there are times when people accidentally cling to an invisible toggle switch, and are 100% sure that nothing of the kind happened from the laptop). You can also try the Fn keyboard shortcut “wifi network icon button”
- It is not difficult to check whether the driver is installed correctly, there is an instruction.
- Click on “My computer” right-click and press “properties”.
- Next, in the upper left corner of the submenu that opens, click on “device Manager”.
- And if you have difficulties, then you will see a yellow triangle, signaling the absence of a network card driver, for this reason your computer does not see the Wi-Fi network (if there are such triangles in the column, it means that the drivers are installed correctly).
- Reinstall the drivers according to the instructions of the manufacturer of the network card. This instruction is in the box left after purchase, but if, for some reason, the box and instructions are NOT saved, this information can be easily found on the Internet.
- The presence of wireless networks can be easily checked by a third-party device: a mobile phone, tablet or other laptop with a known working network card. If the other device finds wireless networks normally, then the obstacle can be eliminated.
- A solution, exclusively for Windows 7 users. In the absence of a network, when you see a red cross instead of connecting, you will need to name it with the right mouse button, start troubleshooting and follow the instructions. For this operating system, in 80% of cases, the difficulty is solved in this way.
Why the laptop does not see Wi-Fi, but other devices see the router?
Now let’s consider the situation when the laptop selectively does not see the “Wi-Fi” network. It is worth noting that most of the problems with wireless networks can be solved by updating the network drivers.
So, there is a certain network that works and is displayed on the second devices, but the laptop with great persistence does NOT want to see it. You can do the following:
And modify with the parameter “Channel”;
-try to change the name of the network. try to avoid complex characters in the name.
Also, the premise that the laptop does not see the Wi-Fi network on windows 7 / Windows 10 may be infection of the computer with viruses and problems with the “hardware”.
This applies directly to the computer, however, the culprit for the fact that the laptop does not see the Wi-Fi router may be the source of the wireless signal itself.
- – check the relevance of the installed firmware on the router: if the firmware is outdated, then, accordingly, update it to the most recent version;
- – Reset the router configuration to the default value (factory settings) and reconfigure the router;
- – In some cases, installing an older firmware version, setting up the network configuration and then updating the firmware helps.
Thus, the most relevant and effective solution to the problem “the laptop is not looking for Wi-Fi” is to check the Wi-Fi module performance and install the latest drivers.
To avoid this problem, it is worth regularly update your computer software (Manually or using Special Programs).
All laptop owners may sooner or later face the fact that the laptop does not see Wi-Fi. The complexity is widespread in principle, and some of the solutions will help any wireless network user. The article will give a full answer to the question of what to do if the laptop does not see the Wi-Fi network. Consider what causes can lead to such consequences, how to deal with the difficulty of auto products and the nuances of elimination on various platforms.
- The most common reason why a laptop does not see Wi-Fi is that the laptop’s wireless adapter is turned off. Often it is accidentally turned off manually, although there are times when this happens due to the fault of the installed software. It can be disabled by system, by a combination of buttons on the keyboard or in the wireless networks menu. It is also possible to physically disconnect via a button on the laptop case.
- A possible prerequisite for the complexity is the absence or incorrect installation of the network card drivers, when installing the wrong software version (Software) for the network card, or installation failure.
- The reason that the laptop stopped seeing the network is the absence of active wireless networks within the range of the device.
The case when the laptop does not see Wi-Fi networks at all
In such cases, when you turn it on, you DO NOT detect any wireless networks as such. IN “tray” (the space, which by default settings is in the lower right corner and is represented as a line with notes) instead of the connection icon, you will see a red cross. It is also possible that the icon will be standard, but the computer does not see Wi-Fi, and you are sure that there are wireless networks within the receiver’s radius (it is easy to check using a phone or other device with a Wi-Fi adapter). The difficulty is obvious, and in another case, you would have to call the wizard, but after reading this article it will be possible to solve such a problem yourself.
The case when the laptop does not see a specific network
It so happens that all of the above reasons are deliberately excluded, but a situation arises in which the device does NOT find the home router ID, while the list of SSIDs from other users is displayed. Below are three options that lead to such a malfunction, in order from simple to complex, and how to fix the problem.
The case when the laptop does not see Wi-Fi networks at all
To eliminate any malfunction, you must find its source. In this case, there may be several reasons why, for example, a laptop does not see the Windows 10 Wi-Fi network (most of them are also true for other OS).
- Weak signal on the router, power off or reset. Often, the simplest assumption turns out to be the most correct. In this case, you just need to turn on the device to the network, try to correct the antennas (or set them in other polarization planes, periodically checking the signal gain or attenuation). Also, by connecting to the Web interface via an Ethernet cable, enable Wi-Fi broadcasting.
By the way! It can happen with a smartphone that it will not see the Network even when all devices are working perfectly. This is due to the fact that the number of channels on a mobile device is usually limited to 11, and the router can be automatically or manually turned on at 12 or 13. Accordingly, the problem can be eliminated by simply configuring this parameter in the transmitting device to the desired value.
Good to know! If it is not possible to create a wired connection to manage the network settings on the side of the router, you can try resetting it to “default”. a mode in which the administrator name and password are usually admin, and Wi-Fi has a standard ID specified in the instructions, and open key authentication (i.e. no password). To switch to this mode, you usually need to hold down the Reset button (do not release) and disconnect / turn on the power cable with a delay of 10-15 seconds (the so-called Hard Reset, the procedure, of course, may differ slightly depending on the model).
- “Sticky” SSID of the wireless point. A situation related to the fact that the router has an incomplete micro-operating system that retains the previous settings even when the device is reset to default settings. In this case, either the firmware can help, or, much easier, changing the name of the wireless access point.
Reminder! Do not turn off the power of the router during the firmware! If this happens, restoring the device will be very problematic.
- Malfunction of the electronics or the antenna connector of the router. In this case, you need to replace the router or contact the service center. Self-repair without the appropriate skills, most likely, will NOT lead to a positive result.
Turn on the Wi-Fi module on the laptop
One of the most common reasons why a laptop does not see Wi-Fi on Windows 10 is that the adapter is physically deactivated using the standard switch. There are several ways to turn on the wireless module on a laptop:
- A toggle switch integrated into the body. This switch disconnects or, conversely, connects the power rails. It’s easy to find: it’s marked with a Wi-Fi icon.
- Function keys. These are buttons that change their assignment by pressing the Fn Name combination, where Name is the desired function. This action is similar to disabling the adapter through its properties.
- In the dispatcher. You need to find the device in the “Network adapters” section with the name “Wireless”, right-click on it and select “Disable device”.
Installing and updating drivers
Driver installation (or updating) can be done in two ways:
- Through the distribution kit. To do this, you need to download the package from the manufacturer’s official website using a computer already connected to the Internet, finding the desired device by the name of the laptop. If there are many modifications of a portable PC, then the name of the adapter can be found by the PCI \ VEN identifier (“Device Manager.””. “Intelligence”. “Equipment ID “). After that, copy the binary file to the laptop, launch and follow the instructions displayed on the screen.
- Through the “Control Panel” (the same method is used for updating). Drivers for the module are downloaded as a set of dll libraries in one archive and unpacked into a temporary folder. After that, you need to open the “Device Manager”, find the “Wireless adapter”, right-click on it and select “Install” or “Update Driver “. Then specify the path to the previously unpacked library files and click “OK”. During the installation process, warning windows may open, in which you need to confirm the authenticity of the publisher.
We check the performance of the equipment
First of all, you need to check the hardware on the laptop itself, since its malfunction is a likely reason why the Wi-Fi adapter cannot see the Network on Windows 10. To do this, right-click on the “Computer” icon, select “Manage “And go to the” Device Manager “section. In it you need to expand the “Network adapters” tab. If the system does not find the wireless adapter installed in the motherboard, then it will be absent in the manager. This means that it is either incorrectly connected or simply out of order.
By the way! The adapter itself can be displayed and work correctly, but the signal even from the nearest point, which is organized by a particular router, will be minimal. Often this can be due to the fact that when servicing the laptop, the master could confuse the conclusions of the built-in antenna or connect them poorly.
Secondly, you need to check the functionality of the router. To do this, it has a light indication that shows whether the device is turned on and whether data is being transmitted in a wireless communication line. If the control lamps do not light up and DO NOT flicker, you need to look at the power supply, the operation of which is often accompanied by a red LED. If it does not light up, it may mean that there is no voltage in the network, the connector is not firmly inserted into the outlet, or the power supply unit is faulty. In the event that the power supply unit is in good working order and produces the required voltage, but the router still does not show signs of normal operation, most likely the equipment is out of order. There can be many reasons: from a loose connector to a burnt out microprocessor.
The main reasons are as follows:
- The actual absence of available routers (access points) in the coverage area of the Wi-Fi radio module;
- The driver of the wireless network adapter is damaged or missing, which leads to its incorrect functioning;
- Physically disabled (including disconnecting contacts from the connector) wireless communication module;
- Functional malfunction of the Wi-Fi transceiver.
Why is the laptop on “Windows 10” does not find wifi network
In today’s digital age, the computing machine is inextricably linked with the Internet. To obtain the information of interest, you just need to create a specific request. However, it also happens that a smartphone, personal computer or laptop does not see the Wi-Fi networks of Windows 10 and other operating systems. The problem can be divided into two directions:
- Complete absence of a list of wireless access points, while devices of second users detect them.
- The absence of the SSID of the home access point, while the identifiers of third-party Wi-Fi connections are active and successfully broadcast.
The device does not see any of the networks in the area
Problems like this happen quite often. This can be due to the following reasons:
- Lack of available wireless connections in a certain area of the terrain;
- The absence or malfunctioning of the network driver, which is responsible for the operation of the module. In this case, He will not be able to find any available connection;
- Disabled the Wi-Fi function on the device;
- Disconnection or breakdown of the network module.
Note! It is noteworthy that such an urgent problem most often occurs precisely due to the incorrect operation or malfunction of the module. The software required for operation may not be available. Checking and fixing the problem can be divided into several stages.
Why is this happening
Any device, regardless of the manufacturer, country of manufacture or other factors, has the property of Riot of salesmen or fail. This often happens at the most inopportune moment. This applies to laptops, netbooks, personal computers and other devices that can connect to the global network.
Important! Personal computers, unlike laptops, are almost not equipped with adapters from the factory. They need to be together separately. They are divided into internal and external.
Today there are a large number of laptop manufacturers. Among them, the leading companies are MSI, HP (Hewlett Packard) and ASUS (Asus). They all have the ability to connect to wireless networks by default. The undoubted advantages of laptops is the presence of built-in Wi-Fi modules or adapters, with which they are able to catch and show available wireless connections.
Having chosen the necessary, you can connect to it without any problems. However, this applies to situations where the equipment works well, without any problems.
It happens that it is not possible to connect to the access point, the connection is lost, or the laptop simply does not see Wi-Fi. The reasons for such problems are the same reasons, which need to be disassembled and known, so that in case of a similar occurrence next time, to know what methods to use.
Laptops or PCs in most cases run on Windows operating systems. It has many versions, but regardless of the specific installed, the troubleshooting algorithm is approximately identical, with a few exceptions.
Note! A reboot helps to solve most software problems and connection failures.
When a laptop or computer cannot see Wi-Fi, the problem is divided into two different types:
- The case when the device cannot find only one access point, and sees the rest without problems;
- The inability to see any available network, even if the user knows for sure about the presence of at least one. over, the rest of the gadgets see connections and can connect.
In any case, it’s worth checking out the most commonplace version first. It is recommended that you make sure the device is within range of the wireless connection. If you have a mobile phone at hand, then you should connect from it. If everything worked out, then it’s probably a laptop.
If only one Wi-Fi point is unavailable, which is accompanied by the inscription “All available connections” and a red cross opposite, then this may indicate a hardware or software breakdown of the laptop.
The device cannot see the connection when other gadgets are connected
The opposite is the situation discussed earlier. In this case, you can accurately determine that the problem is most likely in the router or its settings. This does not unambiguously indicate a problem in the laptop, because at the same moment other network connections in the list may be present. Then you should exclude the malfunction of the adapter. It is noteworthy that mobile gadgets have to deal with such a situation more often, but this often happens with laptops.
It is recommended that you start troubleshooting your router. As practice shows, in 90% of cases, changing the channel of the wireless connection helps. It happens that as a result of software failures or by pure chance and inexperience of users, the channel itself changes, which is why the device cannot find the necessary connection in the future. This often happens when the router switches to the statistical 13th or 12th broadcast channel.
To check the currently installed channel:
- Enter your username and password, then go to the router settings;
- Find the “Wireless Mode” tab, can be referred to as Wireless;
- In it, find a section with channel selections. Any statistical or best of all Auto mode should be set. It is not recommended to choose numbers 12 or 13;
- After that, you need to save and reload;
- The searched access point must be found in the list.
If the above methods did not work, it is recommended to change the name of the access point. This is also done in the settings in the Similarly section. It is not recommended to use Cyrillic characters. Title must be in English.
Note! The reason can also be very commonplace. For example, when the laptop cannot find the desired access point due to the distance.
Why the laptop stopped seeing Wi-Fi networks
It is quite common for a laptop to not see Wi-Fi. This is due to many reasons, it is important for the user to find a specific, establish and configure connection. The laptop can catch Wi-Fi in public places, at home and wherever there is a possibility of wireless Internet access. And when something goes wrong, you can try to configure the connection yourself by trying the available fixes.
Turning on the network
If there are problems with the software, then you should check the inclusion of the driver itself. How to do it:
- Right-click on the connection icon and go to the “Network and Sharing Center”, in which to find “Change adapter settings”;
- Select “Wireless Network Connection”. “Enable”.
After completing all the steps, the laptop will be able to find all available connections. Select Desired and make a connection. The appearance of available networks will be indicated by the appearance of a Wi-Fi network icon with a yellow asterisk.
The absence of a driver or its failure can be indicated by a crossed out computer icon in the notification panel. This can be easily verified by opening the Device Manager. Then follow the next sequence of steps:
- Open the main menu “Start”;
- Right-click on the “Computer” section;
- Open the item “Management”;
- In the window that opens, find the special tab “Device Manager”;
- In it you can see the subsection “Network adapters”;
- Going into it, you need to find a device that would have combinations with Wireless or Wi-Fi in the name.
Often, the list should consist of at least two available devices: the first will indicate the network card, and the second will indicate the desired module. If there is nothing like this in the list, then you need to install it.
Note! If the adapter is in the list, it should not have any additional icons opposite the name.
The found icon should be activated. To do this, right-click on the appropriate section of the pop-up menu. If the driver is simply available, then the system will need to install it. You can download firewood from the installation disk or downloaded from the Internet.
Disable access in case of hardware failure
Equipment malfunctions when working with wireless connections are divided into two types:
Hardware faults are characterized by physical breakdown of network equipment. This means that their module has failed. Accompanied by a complete lack of available connections in the list. The model can burn out from high temperatures, since it needs high-quality ventilation and cooling. Or break down as a result of a strong blow and other factors.
In its breakdown, it will signal the inability to find it in the “Device Manager”. In addition, it is recommended to diagnose the system, most likely, an error will also be indicated there. There is only one correction method in a specific case. repair or replacement of network equipment.
In the first case, you can fix the problem if the OS has the “System Restore” function activated. Go to the option, you can see the available restore points. And the user has the opportunity to return the version of “Windows” that functioned normally and had the ability to connect to Wi-Fi.
Problems after cleaning
Cleaning is the physical cleaning of the device from dust or second substances getting inside. Also, cleaning can be software, that is, the equipment is cleaned of malware or simply to free memory on the hard drive.
In the first case, the laptop needs to be disassembled and all internal parts cleaned. You can do this yourself at home, but it is better to contact the service center.
During cleaning, users may touch the network module, which may cause it to be accidentally damaged or disabled. In this case, the wizard will first disconnect the contacts of some parts, but there is a possibility that he will forget to reconnect them. As a result of such a disconnection of the adapter, it will naturally not be able to find available connections.
As for the second case. software cleaning, some users complain about the inability to connect after using certain programs, for example, CCleaner. They may recognize some network drivers or connection utilities as unused or junk and simply delete.
Important! Antivirus programs also experience connection failures after deleting some virus files.
Features of Windows 7
In the seventh operating system, it happens that “Windows” itself does not show an available connection. This may be due to unlicensed software. Sometimes such cases occur due to an excessive number of unused files, which leads to an overload of the equipment and system.
There are many reasons why a laptop cannot recognize one or all access points. To fix, you can try the above methods. And if nothing works, then there is only one way out. contact the service center.
What to do if the laptop does not see the Wi-Fi network
Checking the driver for network equipment
What to do if the computer does not see the Wi-Fi network?
You can check this in the device manager. Click on the “My Computer” shortcut (you can find it in the file manager or in the “Start” menu) with the right mouse button and select “Properties”. In the window that appears in the left menu, you need to find and open the item “Device Manager”. Here we see all the devices that are connected to the laptop. Among them you need to find network equipment. How to properly configure the wireless Wi-Fi adapter read here.
Open the branch with network adapters. The absence of such a branch indicates that the driver for the Wi-Fi adapter is not installed on the computer at all. If the device manager displays network devices, then you should check if the exclamation mark is lit on any of them. If there is such an icon, then this also indicates the absence or incorrect operation of the driver.
In any case, this is solved by a simple reinstallation of the software, which can be downloaded from the manufacturer’s official website. Or, if a disc was attached to the laptop, then everything that is needed can be installed from it. The Wi-Fi adapter in Device Manager is usually named Wireless Network Adapter. The driver is the main reason why the computer does not see the wireless Wi-Fi network. If the drivers are in order, but the problem is not fixed, then go ahead.
Checking Wireless Status
The next precondition for which the computer does not see wireless Wi-Fi networks is the disconnected connection. How can I check this? First you need to open the Network Control Center. This is done differently on different operating systems. For example, on Windows8, you can just right-click on the network icon in the tray and select “Network Control Center”.
You can also open the service as follows. Press the WinR key combination and write control panel in the window that appears. Presses “Enter”. Thus, we launched the control panel. Now following this path. Network and Internet Network and Sharing Center. It should be noted that this service launch option is suitable for all versions of Windows. In the window that appears, we are interested in the item “Change adapter parameters”. It’s in the left menu.
In the window that appears, we see all the connections available on the computer. Find “Wireless Network” (if Windows7 is used, then “Wireless Network Connection”). If the label is gray, it means that the connection is disabled. To enable it, click on it with the right mouse button and select “Enable”.
After that, the system will turn on the connection and start searching for available networks. In some cases, if the computer still does not see the Wi-Fi network, then after the procedure performed, you will need to turn on the module on the keyboard using the Fn key combination.
What does a hardware error mean? This is a problem directly in the card itself (network card). In other words, if the computer does not see the wireless Wi-Fi adapter, then this indicates that it is not working. This can happen for two reasons:
- The device is out of order.
- Driver problem.
We have already considered the second option above, and you know how to fix this problem. But if the drivers are installed, and the computer still DOES NOT find the Wi-Fi adapter, then it means that it is burned out.
But this will require disassembling the laptop. Doing this yourself is not recommended. It is best to contact the service center.
Another reason why the computer cannot see the Wi-Fi network is the disconnected antenna. This applies to those laptops that have already been disassembled for cleaning or second repair. It is possible that the master simply did not connect the antenna to the adapter, or did it incorrectly or badly. In any case, the adapter is simply not able to pick up the signal, even being in the immediate vicinity of the access point.
It is very rare, but it still happens that the antenna terminals are simply clogged with dust, due to which the contact disappears. In this case, you just need to clean them and everything will work.
The above are the most common reasons why the computer does not see the Wi-Fi network, and their elimination. But in practice, there may be other problems, the elimination of which requires an individual approach and special diagnostics, which only a master can carry out.
In addition, a prerequisite for the fact that the computer does not see Wi-Fi may be a long distance from the router and, accordingly, going beyond the range of the Wi-Fi network.
If you have followed all the above options, but the computer still does not see the Wi-Fi network, then you can resort to system diagnostics. To do this, open the Network Control Center and go to the “Change adapter settings” item.
Here we find the shortcut for the wireless connection and click on it with the right mouse button. In the window that appears, select “Diagnostics”. After that, the computer will start troubleshooting and fixing them on its own. After that, he will display a message about the detection of problems (if any) or tell you what to do next.
What to do if the computer does not see available Wi-Fi networks
Wi-Fi wireless technology is widely used throughout the world. Everyone knows about it, and there are practically NO people left who DO NOT use it. Connecting to an access point is extremely simple and does not require any knowledge. However, everything is not always so smooth. Quite often there are cases when the computer does not see available Wi-Fi connections.
But before proceeding directly to troubleshooting, you should delve a little into the principle of operation of this technology. The fact is that to connect to a Wi-Fi network, you need a router that acts as an access point. This means that in the absence of a signal, the first thing to check is the access point.
Why does my computer not see available Wi-Fi networks?
If the router is turned on and working, but the computer DOES NOT connect to the Internet and everything does not see the Wi-Fi network, then you should go to the system settings. There can be many reasons for this error:
- Drivers for network equipment are not installed.
- Hardware error.
- Disabled wireless network connection.
- Defective Wi-Fi module.
In addition, there are other problems. However, it is simply impossible to describe everything. Therefore, we will analyze the most common connection problems.