Computer can’t see iPhone? There is a solution
Despite the fact that modern iOS devices may well do without a computer, there are scenarios in which you still have to access it. It is quite logical that at the junction of technologies certain roughnesses may arise, and it is with such questions that we will try to understand this material.
One of the common problems when working with iTunes is the inability to detect the connected device. There may be several reasons for this, but often a failure occurs in the trusted connection mechanism, when keys are saved on both gadgets for subsequent authorization. By default, the request “trust this computer” should be displayed the next time you connect, but the other day the author faced the exact opposite situation, when after a negative response from the user, the request was NOT repeated. The problem can be solved as expected in a few simple steps.
Let’s start, as expected, with the “native” environment for iOS and iTunes. the OS X operating system. Of course, due to hardware-software integration, problems arise here less often, but no one is immune from accidents. So, if the iPhone stubbornly does NOT want to trust your Mac, you can try clearing the contents of the special Lockdown system directory. To do this, disconnect the iOS device from the computer, execute the key combination [cmd] [shift] [G] (or select the “Go to folder” item in the “Go to” menu in the OS X menu) and go to / var / db / lockdown /. In the window that opens, one or several (depending on the number of synchronized devices) certificate files will appear, which you need to delete.
For Windows, with which “persistence” your humble servant faced, the essence of the procedure remains the same. The only difference here, apart from the different location of the “culprit”, is the need to display hidden files and folders. To do this, open the Control Panel from the “Start” menu and go to the “Folder Options” section, where on the “View” tab, select the parameter of the same name. As for the address, it differs for different versions of Windows.
If the above manipulations did NOT solve the problem, there is a more complex method for the OS from Microsoft, related to the driver of a mobile device and described by a YouTube user with the nickname STOK SHOK.
The final touch is to click on the “Next” button and complete the driver installation procedure. Now you can open iTunes to test device operation.
We hope these tips will help your gadgets find common ground. As usual, do not forget to look into the GENIUS section, where you can ask a question regarding the use of Apple technology, send screenshots to. And also inform the company about the detected problems through a special web form. Stable work for you!
Android Safe Mode, Developer Mode motherboard drivers and other nuances
Among other things, if the problem in question occurs, please note the following points:
- Enable developer mode on Android, and then enable USB debugging in developer options and, separately, find the default USB configuration item in developer settings and set the “File transfer” mode. May be helpful here: How to enable USB debugging on Android.
- If you used the USB modem mode on your phone, in the settings (usually in the “Connections” or “Network and Internet” section. “Access point and modem”) Turn off the “USB modem” option.
- If the phone is no longer visible after reinstalling or updating Windows, install the original drivers of the motherboard, chipset from its manufacturer’s website or from the laptop manufacturer’s website if you have a laptop.
- Try restarting your Android phone in Safe Mode. If after that it became visible when connected to a computer, then most likely the reason is in some third-party applications, most often related to protection, control and similar.
- Try using the built-in troubleshooting in Windows: go to Control Panel. Troubleshoot. Hardware and Sound. Device Setup (in recent versions of Windows 10, the item is missing).
- If possible, try connecting your phone to a second computer. If it is also NOT visible there, again, the matter is most likely in the cable or connector. over, the connector on the phone may stop functioning for transferring files simply due to the ingress of dirt or water, followed by oxidation of the contacts.
- They can also help (or they can create problems with other USB drives, so take it only if you are ready for this) methods regarding cleaning the drivers from the instructions The computer does not see the USB flash drive.
If none of the options helps to solve the problem, and the computer still does not see your Android smartphone, describe the situation in the comments: what was done, after which the problem appeared, how does your device behave when connected via USB, has the cable been checked with another phone, a Problem device on another computer. I’ll try to help.
Checking phone operation (MTP device) in device manager
- Open Device Manager on your Windows 10, 8.1, or Windows 7 computer while your phone is connected. To open Device Manager, you can press the WindowsR keys on your keyboard, type devmgmt.Msc, and press Enter. Windows is the OS logo key.
- See if there is a device in the device manager named MTP (MTP Device, MTP devices) or the name of your phone (can be found in the section “Portable devices).
- If there is, double click on it, go to the Driver tab, click Update Driver. Search for drivers on this computer. Select from a list of available drivers on your computer and see the list. If it has more than one compatible device, try to select the wrong driver that is currently installed, usually you need to select “USB MTP device”.
- If no new devices appear in the manager when disconnecting and connecting the phone via USB, this is another argument in favor of problems with the cable, connector on the phone or computer.
on this topic, if the device appears in the device manager with an exclamation mark, in a separate instruction Wrong service installation section in this MTP INF file.
How to fix if the computer does not see the phone connected via USB. additional methods
If your phone does not connect via USB to a data-capable computer but only charges, try the following methods to fix the problem.
Why Android phone is not visible on the computer via USB and only charging takes place. simple reasons and solutions
Before proceeding with additional methods for solving the problem when the phone is not visible through the USB connection, I recommend Pay attention to the following simple points: very often the reason is one of the following:
- If you took a USB connection cable that’s not an original cheap charging or that comes bundled with another device (for example, for charging wireless headphones or a second device that is NOT intended for receiving and transmitting data), then the reason may be this: not all cables can transmit data, there are corresponding contacts, and outwardly it is not noticeable. The solution is a working cable with GOOD data transfer capability.
- If you are faced with the fact that when you connect a smartphone to a computer, it is not visible, but the phone was recently repaired and something related to the board or connector was repaired, it is highly likely that the repair caused the problem: very often the connectors are soldered so that after that only charging works properly. The solution is just to redo.
- If you have Mac OS, just install Android File Transfer app for data transfer capability, official website: https://www.Android.com/filetransfer/
- If you still have Windows XP, install the MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) driver. https://www.Microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.Aspx?Id=19153
Additionally, considering that connecting even with a working cable through a USB hub (USB port splitter) to a faulty USB connector on a computer or laptop, and sometimes to the front panel of a PC may cause the problem in question. Try a direct connection to USB, another connector, the back of the PC, if connected to a USB 3.0 connector (usually blue). check if the problem persists when connecting to USB 2.0.
And the last simple point: after connecting the phone to the computer, in order for it to start displaying in the explorer with the ability to view photos, videos and other files, you need:
- Unlock phone when connected if it is locked. Accessing data on locked modern Android phones will not work.
- In the notification area, click on USB connection notification (by default, most phones are connected only for charging). If the notification does NOT appear, or rather it does not say that this is a USB connection, but only text in charging, then from the “point of view” of the phone, the connection does NOT serve for data transfer (wrong cable, damaged cable, connector on the phone or computer). Below are screenshots with the appearance of the notification on pure Android 9 and 8, on Samsung Galaxy and on Android 6-7.
- Select MTP file transfer mode for USB connection. Older versions of Android may also have an item for connecting as USB Mass Storage, it will also work, and it may work even better.
If the listed methods did not help, let’s move on to more complex fixes.
The computer does not see the phone via USB. why and how to fix it
If you are faced with the fact that the phone does not connect via USB, that is, the computer does not see it to transfer files, but only charging occurs, while the connection sound is playing, this manual provides details on how to fix this and enable the ability to View content phone memory when connected via USB cable.
The steps described below are suitable for both latest and previous Android phones in case the smartphone is not visible after connecting via USB on a computer with Windows 10, 8.1, Windows 7 and XP or Mac OS.
What to do if the computer does not see the Android phone connected via USB. video instruction. Additional Information
If you have come to the conclusion that physical problems (socket, something else) are a prerequisite for problems when connecting the phone, or you just do not want to understand the reasons for a long time, then you can transfer files from and to the phone in other ways:
- If you have Windows 10. use the built-in phone app (photo transfer only), if your Samsung phone. Samsung Flow app.
- Synchronization via Cloud storage Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, Yandex Disk.
- Using programs like AirDroid (convenient and easy for novice users).
- Create an FTP server on your phone or connect it as a network drive in Windows.
This concludes, and if you have any questions or additions after reading, I will be glad if you share.
How to enable debug mode on Android
- Open “Settings”.
- Go to the section “For Developers”.
- Enable USB Debugging.
The same applies to a USB flash drive and any other device connected via USB. If this is a mouse, then make sure that it has a working cable or the Bluetooth module is fully inserted. Try to connect the equipment to the second computer. if the device is detected correctly, then you should look for the cause of the malfunction in the laptop.
Check the connected device for functionality
Before looking for a breakdown in a laptop, check the device that you are trying to connect. If the laptop does not see the tablet via USB, make sure that debugging is enabled on the device (relevant for Android).
The laptop does not see the USB device. Why
Let’s see why the laptop does not see the USB device (flash drive, 3G modem, keyboard, mouse, tablet, etc.). To fix the problem, you can do something yourself, but somewhere you need the help of service center specialists and special equipment (soldering station, etc.).
7 (812) 953-94-11, 7 (921) 984-75-12 (Kamennoostrovsky prospect, 42, Petrogradskaya)
|General table of for laptop repair
(Not tied to a specific model)
|Troubleshooting||IS FREE||15 minutes to 2 days||–|
|Moisture has got under the cabinet (cleaning or replacing components)||1500 to 6500||2 to 7 days||Up to 60 days|
|USB port not working (software errors)||1500||From 30 minutes to 1 day||Up to 30 days|
|USB port does not work (repair / replacement of the south or north ports)||5000. 7500||2 to 4 days||Up to 90 days|
|Reinstall Windows / Mac OS / Drivers (laptop buggy)||1500||1 hour to 2 days||Up to 30 days|
|Please note: the table shows the general for laptop repair without reference to any model and manufacturer. details can be found in our service center staff.|
Next, we will talk about the main reasons for the breakdown. We are NOT responsible for your actions.
The main reasons why the laptop does not detect USB devices
- Incorrectly installed drivers.
- The same connected device is not configured correctly (the same tablet or phone is not set to USB storage mode).
- Failure of the laptop south bridge.
- DO NOT grasp the power supply (in the case of no plugging in).
Other reasons include too many USB devices connected to the laptop. If you connect a camera or 3G modem through a hub (USB hub), because there are no free ports on the laptop, then the equipment may not have enough power. Try to disconnect unnecessary devices and connect the USB device directly to the laptop.
If the reason why does not see the USB device. The laptop itself
If the laptop does not recognize the USB flash drive, try troubleshooting as follows:
- Turn off the laptop. Unplug from the mains, remove the battery.
- Hold the power button for a few seconds to reset the final charge.
- Turn on the laptop and try to connect the USB device to it again.
If the system still DOES NOT detect new hardware, then it is worth checking the USB drivers of the motherboard. they may have started working incorrectly:
Click WinR. Run the command “devmgmt.Msc”.
Check if there are unknown devices. If you see such a period, right-click and run the “Update drivers” option. You should launch an automatic search on the Internet.
If reinstalling the port does not help, try opening the properties of the connected device in the manager. In the “Power management” section, remove the checkbox “Allow shutdown to save power”.
Another point in setting up the power supply is setting a prohibition on temporarily disconnecting USB:
- Open the “Power” section in the control panel.
- Launch the power settings window for the circuit you are using.
The most serious reason why USB ports are not working is a breakdown of the south bridge of the motherboard. The south bridge is responsible for starting the laptop and the operation of peripheral devices. USB, hard disk, port for a network cable.
The IC usually burns out due to misuse of USB ports. If you connected a USB flash drive from an unknown manufacturer or a device with high power consumption, and did not use safe removal, then the south bridge could fail. It is impossible to repair it yourself, so you will have to carry the laptop to the service center.
Why can’t my computer see my iPhone via USB? The answer to this question is harder than it seems. After all, both the telephone and the computer are complex equipment. Even a small glitch of the operating system can lead to the studied situation.
Most often, users face the following sources of the problem:
- Mechanical damage to the USB cable;
- Failure of USB ports and connection jacks on the iPhone;
- Outdated software;
- Absence or installation of old versions of drivers;
- Old OS (on a computer or phone)
- Conflict of programs on the computer;
- Antivirus bans;
- Hardware damage and malfunctions in the smartphone.
In fact, fixing most of these problems is easier than it sounds. And then we will figure out how to improve performance “apple” phones when connected to a computer.
Still wondering why the computer can’t see the iPhone via USB? All of the above options for the development of events did not fit?
It is worth paying attention to the drivers installed on the computer. Their absence or an outdated version may cause synchronization problems.
All drivers are recommended to be updated. Some of them can be downloaded via “Windows Update Wizard ”. The rest will have to be downloaded by yourself.
The algorithm for updating drivers is as follows:
- Open the manufacturer’s website for this or that device.
- Select device model.
- Specify the operating system used.
- Download installation file.
- Run the installation wizard and follow the instructions on the screen to complete the process.
You can do otherwise. To update the driver you need:
- Open “device Manager”.
- Select the equipment you need and call it RMB.
- Go to section “Properties”.
- Open “Drivers”.
- Named for “Update”.
Several minutes of waiting. And it’s done. It’s not as difficult as it seems.
Apple Mobile Device
When wondering why the computer can’t see the iPhone 4 via USB, users sometimes notice that it crashes when loading the service “Apple Mobile Device”. This is usually just a glitch. You can fix it by restarting the corresponding software.
If the Apple Mobile Device startup error has NOT disappeared, you will have to completely reinstall the service. It is advisable to do this with an iTunes update.
Antivirus and firewall
Computer stopped seeing iPhone via USB? Sometimes users note that a similar problem occurs with an active firewall and antivirus. These applications can block access to the operating system for programs and other devices.
It is enough to turn them off to fix the situation. This is done like this:
- RMB will be named by the antivirus icon in the tray and select the item “Exit”. The corresponding button under the guise “Disable” can be found in the program settings.
- Go to “Start”. “Control Panel”. “system and safety”. “Administration”. “Services”. Go to “Firewall” and put a mark near the point “Disable”.
Done! Now you can try to connect again. It is advisable to restart the computer after the performed manipulations.
In the correct connection
Why has my computer stopped seeing my iPhone via USB? It is quite possible that the user simply incorrectly connected the devices to each other. Such situations do occur in practice.
So, in order to properly connect iPhone to PC, you will need:
- Install and launch iTunes.
- Insert one end of the USB wire into the iPhone, the other. IN “USS”.socket on computer.
- Wait a while.
A few seconds after this connection, the iPhone will sync with the computer. iTunes will see the appropriate technique, after which you can work with it further.
Why can’t my computer see my iPhone via USB? If the user has not updated the operating system for a long time (including on the phone), and also if he uses old software, the problem will be obvious. Over time, outdated versions of applications are simply no longer supported.
To fix the problem, you must:
- Update Windows. To do this, the operating system has “Master updated”.
- Update iOS. You will need to go to “Settings”. “Software Update”, having previously connected to Wi-Fi, and then they will call the button “Refresh”.
- Remove the old version of iTunes and download the latest build of the application to your computer. After its initialization, the problem with phone synchronization will be fixed.
Everything is simple and straightforward. There are no costs involved in software updates. All the listed programs and applications are distributed free of charge.
Why the computer does not see the iPhone via USB: solution
Sometimes the owners “apple” mobile phones wonder why the computer can’t see the iPhone via USB. This method of connecting gadgets is used quite often. For example, to restore an iPhone. And if the computer stops seeing the phone, a number of problems arise. Why is this happening? And how to deal with such situations? We will talk about all this below. Often the real reasons for panic are comments. Therefore, even a schoolboy will cope with the task.
Why can’t my computer see my iPhone via USB? The fact is that synchronization of devices is possible only if the PC and smartphone are turned on.
Accordingly, sometimes users try to connect a discharged or turned off iPhone to a computer, and this cannot be done.
How to fix the situation? For instance:
- Recharge iPhone and retry syncing.
- Just turn on your phone. Reception works if there is at least some battery charge on the smartphone.
But, as practice shows, the proposed problem does not occur very often. And even a schoolboy can fix it. What if the computer does not see the iPhone via USB, provided that all equipment is turned on?
Computer can’t see iPhone 6 via USB? If everything is in order with the cable, it’s time to check the device connections. Their damage is rarely visible to the eye.
- Connect to computer (to “problematic” socket) other device. For example, a USB flash drive.
- Connect the smartphone through the corresponding socket to the second device.
In the first case, the gadget was never detected by the operating system? This means the USB connector is damaged. It is enough to connect the cable to the second port, and the problem disappears.
In the second case, you will have to take the iPhone to a service center. Only after repairing the connection connector on the phone will it be possible to synchronize it with the PC.
So why does the computer not see the phone via USB, but is charging. hardware reasons
The USB cable is damaged. It often happens that the cause of this dysfunction is damage to the USB cable itself. Cables of little-known or “non-name” manufacturers do not have a large margin of safety, and can fail literally in a couple of months from the beginning of operation, and as a result, the computer will NOT detect the connected phone.
Check if the USB cable is damaged
In addition, even the most reliable cables from global brands are susceptible to stochastic damage. they can be accidentally damaged during use, can be chewed by pets or spoiled by children. After that, first of all, inspect your USB cable for the possibility of mechanical damage, and, if the external cable is intact, try using it to connect your device to a second computer. If the device is NOT recognized on another PC. try replacing the cable.
The USB port on the computer is damaged. The USB ports used in a computer are also susceptible to various mechanical damage, including damage to the USB controller as well as the south bridge of the motherboard. Try to insert the cable into a different USB connector, if this does not help to fix the connection of the phone to the PC, follow the further tips.
Check if the USB port on the computer is damaged
Damaged cable jack on the phone. Has water got into the socket of the smartphone and is it damaged? If yes, then it needs to be replaced.
Turn off the battery, Pull the battery out of it for a few seconds, then turn it back, and turn on your device back.
If the problem of detecting a mobile device by the computer has not yet been resolved, reset the settings
If, until now, your computer does not see the phone via USB, it should help resetting the smartphone using Hard Reset. Go to the settings of your phone, select the “Backup” menu item, and in it select “Reset data”.
But I warn you right away that you will lose your files and settings located in the internal memory of the phone (files on the SD card will remain intact), so this item should be used only as a last resort!
The computer does not see the phone via USB. software reasons
After describing the hardware reasons, we will list the main software reasons, if your computer still does not recognize the cell phone connected with a USB cable, follow the further instructions.
We work with the settings. We go into the settings of our device, select “Memory” there, click on the three dots at the top (Properties), select “USB connection to a computer” and put a tick in front of “Media device” (“USB drive”). If you have a checkmark opposite to use USB as a modem. Uncheck it.
USB connection settings to computer on Android
On PC Windows Update (to download drivers for your phone) and New Device Discovery must be enabled. Remember to unlock your phone when connected to your computer, this is important.
If you are a conservative and have Windows XP, download the MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) for XP from the Microsoft website and install it on your computer.
If your USB.Ports drivers are missing, the computer may NOT see the phone. If the drivers for the USB ports are dysfunctional, the latter simply stop working. To fix this problem, install USB drivers from the “native” driver disk to your PC’s motherboard, or download the latest drivers from the motherboard manufacturer’s website.
Also, due to some reason, power may be turned off for a number of ports.
- Go to the “Power” section (Control Panel. Hardware and Sound. Power Supply)
- Please select “Setting up a power plan ”opposite the power plan you are using;
- Then click on “Change advanced power settings”;
- Find “USB Settings” in the list that appears, click on the plus sign opposite;
- And then on the plus sign next to “Parameter for temporarily disabling the USB port”;
- Change the setting to Disabled for both mains and battery power;
- Click “Apply” and “Ok”.
Turn on USB ports
The device drivers have flown. Go to “Device Manager” and see if there is a question mark or exclamation mark in the item “Portable devices”.
Check if your device is there and make sure it is working properly by right clicking on it and clicking Properties. If it is there, or you are in doubt, uninstall the driver, Disconnect the phone from the computer, and then turn it back on, and let the system install the driver again. This can help solve the problem that the smartphone does not connect via USB to the computer.
Installing device drivers
Also, it will not be superfluous to enter the website of the manufacturer of your smartphone and download the latest drivers for it to your PC (for example, for Samsung there is a special software Samsung Kies).
Install update KB3010081 (KB3099229). Windows 10 owners may need to install update KB3010081, which is responsible for working with Windows Media Player. This player is directly related to the normal operation of the MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) service, so download and install these updates.
Also, a common prerequisite may be an unreliable assembly of the OS itself on a PC. Only rearranging Windows to a more working version will help here.
Custom firmware is not working. The desire of many fans to play with the firmware for their Android device can do them a disservice in the form of the device’s failure to work normally with the computer. Try restoring the standard firmware or recovering from a backup (if available).
Reasons for not connecting your phone via USB
The whole complex of reasons for the problem that the PC does not see the smartphone through the USB cable, I would divide it into hardware and software, and below I will list each of them, while providing instructions on how to fix it. But before using the methods I have indicated, try restarting your computer and smartphone. this does not help as rarely as it seems. This problem mainly occurs with devices from Samsung, Lenovo, HTC, LG and Fly.
The computer does not see the phone via USB, but is charging
Why the computer does not see the phone via USB, but is charging
Many users, when trying to connect a phone to a computer using a USB cable, are faced with the fact that the computer does not recognize the connected gadget. The connected device is charging, while there is no access to the smartphone itself and its internal content. I also encountered this synchronization problem, and in this material I will tell you why the computer does not see the phone via USB, and I will also share various methods for solving this issue.
Phones are connected via USB to computer
The phone may NOT be detected by the computer due to viruses
It is trite, but all kinds of virus programs can block work with external mobile devices. Try to scan your computer with Dr. Web CureIt !, in some cases it can help.
There are no drivers for the phone on the computer
Although, usually, a computer with the latest OS detects and sees a smartphone via USB without problems, the opposite can be observed. Try to search for a driver for your smartphone on the network, sometimes a driver may come up for similar models of this brand.
As you can see, problems with the lack of visibility of the connected phone on the PC can be of both software and hardware nature, and there are a considerable number of such problematic factors. I would advise you to first pay attention to the possible mechanical damage in the cable and device, and only then switch to software methods.
In many cases, a regular restart of the smartphone (temporary removal of the battery), as well as working with the phone’s USB connection settings, can help. If all of the above does not help and the computer does not see the phone via USB, but is charging, then you may need to contact a qualified service center.
How to transfer photos from iPhone to computer over Wi-Fi?
In addition to connecting by wire, photo transfer can also be done wirelessly. Before starting the transfer, you need to sync via Wi-Fi.
From a computer, you first need to connect the device using a cable and open iTunes. On the left side of the window, in the “Devices” block, select the iPhone or iPad for synchronization. In the “Overview” tab in the “Parameters” block, you will need to put a checkbox opposite “Synchronization. Devices via Wi-Fi “. Now the gadget will automatically sync when it is on the same network with the computer on which iTunes is inserted.
Synchronization can be started from the phone via the device settings. To do this, in the “General” menu, you will need to select “Sync with iTunes via Wi-Fi”. The presence of synchronization is indicated by the icon in the phone’s tray. The device now appears as connected. Therefore, all actions on it can be performed in the same way as when connecting using a conventional cable. twisted pair.
Transferring images via iCloud
If you’ve turned on iCloud Music Library on your Mac and iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, your photos may already be on your computer.
You can go to iCloud.com and open the Photos app to view all of your libraries and select photos to import. If you haven’t turned on iCloud Music Library, try using My Photo Stream to access your photos on your computer.
If you are NOT using iCloud Music Library or My Photo Stream, try these steps.
- Check connections and update software.
- Try importing photos using a second Apple USB cable.
- If the import still fails, update the software.
- Download Latest iTunes.
- Try to import photos again.
Try using a different computer
If the camera does not appear in Device Manager, check that your iOS device is working properly by connecting it to a second computer. If the iOS device is recognized as a camera on another computer, contact Microsoft or other Windows support on your computer for help.
Apple iOS 7 doesn’t trust my computer. Problems transferring photos from iPhone
There is a cruel way if all attempts to enter a password have been exhausted and there is no computer that your iphone would “trust”.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer using the USB cable that comes with the standard kit.
- Apple iPhone will appear among all devices, a personal computer will recognize it as a digital camera.
- To access the Lockdown folder, launch the Finder program in Mac OS. In the second operating systems, the window of trust in the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch is also invoked by clearing the Lockdown folder on the computer.
- After “trust” on the computer, iTunes sees the iPhone.
- You must wait for the computer to detect the digital camera. Then you need to go into the device, select the photos, copy them to the clipboard and move them to a folder on your computer. With the help of iTunes, you can transfer not only photos to your computer, but also music, ringtones, videos and much more. First you need to connect your iPhone to your computer with a USD cable. When the computer beeps to notify that a new device has been found, open iTunes.
- If the iPhone is configured with email, then photos can be sent via e-mail, and then transferred to a computer. You can transfer photos without connecting a USB cable to your computer; this can be easily done through the shared folder of the Yandex cloud service.
Why can’t my computer see my iPhone photo?
Your OS recognizes the iPhone just like a digital camera and can copy images from it just like a memory card.
And it is done like this on Mac:
- After establishing a connection using a cable and after 5 seconds, as a rule, the standard application “Image Capture” will automatically start. If this does not happen, you can open it manually (located in the program section);
- All images will be presented in the opened window of this utility. At the same time, copying them is quite simple: you need to select the necessary ones and move them to a specific folder.
It’s a little different on Windows:
- Connect your gadget to your computer. In just 5 seconds, you will see an autoload pop-up window on the screen. If this does not happen, then you need to go to “My Computer” and open the iPhone as a Portable Device (for the seventh Windows) or as a camera if you have WinXP;
- Next, open the storage of the iPhone itself, and then go to the DCIM folder. Its contents are, as a rule, two or three folders, which contain photos and video files;
- Find our photos and copy what you need to upload to your computer;
- Paste it into the folder previously created on the PC. After importing files, you can unplug the cord from the computer.
If you still can’t import photos to your computer, or your computer does NOT recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch as a camera, follow these steps.
Importing photos using cloud services
An excellent alternative to the second method, because by using auxiliary cloud services, you can quickly throw a large number of photos from iPhone to your computer. To do this, you need a good Internet connection, as well as a registered account in one or several services: YANDEX.DISK, DropBox, Cloud. Even email is fine for fewer images.
The algorithm of actions is very simple:
- Transfer photos from your iPhone to a file hosting service;
- Then download the Downloaded files from the file sharing service, but only through the computer.
As you can see, copying photos from iPhone to computer is absolutely easy. Get the hang of it, you can transfer footage in less than 5 minutes.