How data is transferred?
The iPhone comes with a USB cable. This is the adapter that will help to synchronize the device with the PC. It is equipped with a standard USB connector on one side and a special connector for a device on the other. They may differ depending on the model. When deciding how to connect your iPhone to your computer via USB, it’s important for Honor to have a USB 2.0 port on your computer. Where is the catch? The fact is that the appearance of USB version 2.0 is absolutely identical to the previous version 1.0. If you connect the machine to USB 1.0, the computer will display a message stating that the device may work faster. This will mean that, most likely, you will not be able to transfer data from the device to the hard disk. But don’t be alarmed, connector 1.0. used only on old models, which are already quite problematic to find.
Basic knowledge of connecting this device to a computer
This method of transferring information is quite simple in terms of performing operations, the process occurs at high speed and allows you to simultaneously charge the device.
- Allows you to install or uninstall applications.
- You can upload various files in both directions.
- If necessary, you can restore information from a backup saved on your computer.
How to connect iPhone to computer via USB? Step-by-step instruction
IPhones are gaining more and more fans: they are fashionable, practical and stylish. But since the storage location of the information that is placed in this gadget is not dimensionless, sooner or later the question will arise of what to do with the accumulated data: photos, videos and other files that are a pity to delete. One of the ways to store media files from the iPhone is to transfer information to your computer’s hard drive. But then the next question arises: is it possible to connect an iPhone to a computer? The answer is obvious: of course you can. over, there are practically no difficulties in this procedure. To complete all the steps correctly, you need to familiarize yourself with the basic knowledge of how to connect an iPhone to a computer via USB.
When creating a virtual disk, you need to specify the required size and come up with a name for it.
After that, you will have to wait a while while the formatting is going on. Those who have already done such an operation say that it takes quite a lot of time to create such a folder.
The big disadvantage of the program is the fact that every time the device needs to be reloaded before switching modes.
The next point is also important: if you installed the USB Drive for the iPhone program, and then decided to uninstall it, then you can uninstall it only when the Default mode is enabled. Otherwise, the iPhone may behave unpredictably or even break.
Default. the mode in which the devices are synchronized and the transfer of photos and videos. When this function is enabled, the computer does not see the iPhone as a USB flash drive.
Drive iTunes. On devices with Mac OS, it is possible to synchronize and use the iOS device as a storage medium. My flash drive does not work on Windows.
Drive Only. any operating system recognizes only a USB flash drive and nothing else.
Before using the iPhone as a flash drive, you need to create a virtual disk. a special section that will be reserved for space for information. When connected to a PC device, only this section and its contents will be visible. It is also important that after this procedure it will be possible to use the iPhone as a USB flash drive on any device without additional drivers.
A useful program for solving problems
iTunes for iPhone is a free application that is easy to find and download on the Internet. This app helps you sync your iOS device with your PC. over, by downloading the utility, you install the basic drivers along with it, which will simplify the work with the gadget. In particular, the application helps to sync contacts, install games, download media files, books and many other useful programs.
If “iTunes” for iPhone is installed on your computer, it should sync quickly and automatically when connected via USB. There is an important point: if data is being transferred, in no case should you pull out the cord. This interruption can negatively affect the file system of the device. If there is a need to pause the transfer of files, you just need to pull the slide, cancel the sync, select safe eject, then unplug the cable.
Sometimes it may be that even after installing “iTunes”, the computer may not see the iOS device. In most cases, such a nuisance occurs after the new firmware of the “apple” friend or after updating the PC. To eliminate such a problem, you need to do the following.
- Install the latest version of iOS.
- Connect the file manager iFunBox or iExplorer identical in capabilities.
- Using this program, find the var / mobile / Media section.
- Copy it to your computer and then delete it from the gadget.
- Restart iPhone.
- Connect to PC.
- All is ready. If some part of the files disappeared after connecting, they can be found in the copied “Media” folder.
How to connect iPhone to computer as a USB flash drive?
For this, a free USB Drive for the iPhone application has been created. The very idea of the developer of this program is that the PC recognizes the device not as a digital camera, but sees it simply as a USB flash drive.
How To Connect iPhone with computer
It should be noted that a problem arises here. The fact is that the iPhone is originally used for synchronization or for downloading media materials. Therefore, the USB driver conflicts with these functions. We must pay tribute to the developers, they solved the problem quite simply: they introduced three separate operating modes of the gadget.
How to Connect iPhone to Computer: Fast
You can easily connect your iPhone to your computer to easily transfer your photos and upload other files to it using a cable or the Internet.
This business has its own certain nuances, which we will definitely analyze. So you can always quickly connect your smartphone to your PC.
From the past material, you learned how to put music on a call on an iPhone. Now we will take a closer look at how to connect an iPhone to a laptop and computer via USB using a Lightning cable and via Wi-Fi.
Wi-Fi Sync in iTunes
Can set up iTunes sync to your iPhone when they are / are online.
Connect your phone to your computer with a cable and open iTunes.
Go to the page of your smartphone in it and in the first section “Overview” check the box next to iPhone sync over Wi-Fi. Then click on the “Apply” button.
Now, even when the smartphone is not connected to the PC using a cable, it will be displayed in iTunes and synchronized.
Function. continue on computer
In new build versions of Windows 10, a utility for working with the phone is built in by default, it is called Your Phone. It’s very easy to use. In this way, you can continue browsing any site that you viewed on your smartphone from your PC or laptop.
Important! For this to work, you need to be logged into your Microsoft account.
Press the WIN I keys on the keyboard at the same time and go to the “Phone” section.
Click on the add phone button and select IOS. Enter your mobile number, a link to the application will be sent to it. Install it on iPhone. Then just follow the instructions that are shown on the screen.
In the future, developers can add the following features:
- Transfer files
- See the latest smartphone photos
- Work with notifications
- Control phone screen from PC
- Call and send SMS
All of them are available for Android devices, but may appear in the future for the iPhone.
How to connect iPhone to computer via USB cable
Connect the Lightning cable to your iPhone and plug it into an available USB port on your computer or laptop. If your PC has a blue USB 3.0 port, then connect it to it better.
A message will be displayed on the smartphone screen that the PC is new and asks if it is worth trusting. answer in the affirmative.
Right after that you will be able to download photos from your iPhone. To do this, go to “This computer” or open the explorer by simultaneously pressing the WIN E keys. Open your phone in the list and go to the DCIM folder, all photos are located here.
If you want to get more opportunities to control your smartphone from a PC, then you need to install the iTunes program. Download it from the official Apple website and install.
In iTunes itself, open your phone by clicking on the corresponding icon. Here you will have the following options:
- Refresh iPhone
- Restore iPhone
- Make a backup
- Synchronize data
- and other actions
Also, after installing this software, you can connect your iPhone to your computer as a modem. To do this, when the phone is connected to a PC via a Lightning cable, in its settings go to the “Modem mode” section and turn it on.
The computer will automatically create a new Internet connection. In detail about how to connect an iPhone to a computer or laptop via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth, in order to distribute the Internet in this way, we examined in detail and with pictures in the material. how to distribute the Internet from an iPhone to a laptop.
Interesting! Connecting with a cable to your computer is also a great way to charge your iPhone. This is really convenient and many users do just that.
As you can see, everything is done as simply as possible, and transferring your pictures in this way to a PC is generally very easy. It’s a handy feature that’s easy to use.
Comparison of methods for connecting iPhone to computer
All types of connecting iphone to PC have their pros and cons. Each user chooses what suits him best.
Comparative characteristics of the methods of connecting iphone to PC:
- Connecting iphone without using iTunes.
Doesn’t require iTunes to be installed on your computer, but only allows you to copy photos and videos from iPhone to PC. In this case, it is impossible to create a backup copy. Connection is via a USB cable.
- Connecting iphone using iTunes software via USB cable.
- restore from backup;
- the ability to charge a smartphone;
- faster data transfer rate than when connected via Wi-Fi;
- the ability to reset to the original settings.
- occupies USB ports of a computer, which there may be few on a PC or laptop;
- short range.
- Connecting iphone using iTunes, via Wi-Fi network.
- large radius of action;
- no need to use a USB cable, which excludes the possibility of accidentally touching and disconnecting it;
- does not occupy free USB ports of the PC.
- discharges the phone;
- lower data transfer rate than when connected via cable;
- inability to restore and update the firmware, and restore from a backup.
What to do if iPhone won’t connect to PC or laptop via USB?
Sometimes it happens that the iphone does not sync with the computer. Then you need to try the following steps:
- Unlock your smartphone and confirm permission to access it.
- Replace the USB cable, the reason may be a malfunction of its connectors.
- Restart both devices. both the computer and the smartphone.
- Disable antivirus on PC.
- Reset Settings on iPhone.
There is an option that this version of the operating system is not suitable for synchronizing iPhone and PC, or the necessary drivers may be missing, or the version of support for Apple devices is outdated.
How to connect iPhone to MacBook
To connect your iPhone to your MacBook, you also need to install iTunes on your macbook. Here, too, synchronization options are possible via USB cable or Wi-Fi.
If you set up automatic synchronization in iTunes, then all media data from the iphone will be uploaded to the macbook when it is connected. If you choose to sync the marked songs and videos, then the user will be able to independently select the files to download to the iPhone. Also, as in the case of synchronizing iphone and Windows, it is possible to create a backup copy of the smartphone and update it.
An additional function of transferring data between iphone and macbook is the ability to transfer via airdrop. It allows you to transfer pictures and videos from your smartphone to your macbook by storing the files in the Downloads folder. To do this, you need to select one or more images on your iPhone, click send and select the AirDrop function. At the same time, AirDrop must be visible for all devices on the MacBook.
How to connect iPhone to computer via Wi-Fi
For the convenience of connecting the iphone to the computer, you can use the Wi-Fi function, which is distributed by the router. This feature became available in October 2011. Prior to this, synchronization took place only using a USB cable. An important mandatory point is the connection of both the iPhone and the computer to the same Wi-Fi point. Otherwise, synchronization will not occur.
You can see if there is a connection to the router of interest on your computer through Control Panel → Network and Internet → Network and Sharing Center. An active internet connection will be displayed in the corresponding section.
In order to set up synchronization between the iphone and the computer via Wi-Fi, you need to connect from these devices to one Wi-Fi point.
Then connect the iPhone to the computer using a USB cable (it is useful only for the initial setup).
Open iTunes and go to the main overview page by clicking on the button at the top of the page.
Here you will see information about your iPhone, you can create a backup to iCloud or to a computer, and also configure connection settings.
To work with the iphone over Wi-Fi, find the Sync with this iPhone over Wi-Fi option and select the checkbox and click Apply.
After setting up the functionality, the iPhone will automatically connect to iTunes and the use of a USB cable is no longer needed, but only in the case of using the same Wi-Fi network. This should also not be forgotten.
How to connect iPhone to computer or laptop?
There are several options for connecting an iPhone. But in order to take full advantage of the possibilities of transferring data from a smartphone, creating a backup that will come in handy when replacing, losing or damaging an iPhone, it is best to install iTunes on your computer.
If there is no aytyuns on the PC, then the iphone is recognized as a flash drive or memory card. In this case, only photo and video files can be copied. It is impossible to create a backup copy, add audio files to a smartphone. About possible options and subtleties, how to connect an iPhone to a computer
How to connect iPhone to computer via USB cable
A proprietary USB cable that comes with an iPhone of any model is used both for charging the iPhone and for pairing it with external devices.
To connect your iPhone to your computer, take a USB cable, and connect one end to your smartphone to the Lightning connector, and the other to the USB output on your computer.
If iTunes is not installed on the computer, then the offer to open the device will be automatically displayed, if the device autorun is enabled on the computer.
At the same time, a proposal will appear on the iphone itself to allow or prohibit access to the files of the smartphone, but for this it is necessary to unlock the phone, otherwise the notification will not be displayed.
If the iPhone user denies access to files, then the computer will see the connection of the phone, but the folder with the photo will become inaccessible.
If you allow access to the iPhone without iTunes installed, you can only transfer photos and videos from the phone, but you cannot transfer images from the PC itself to the iPhone.
To transfer audio, photo, and video files, you need to install iTunes. It can be found on the Internet and is free to download for Windows.
When installing iTunes, a menu for selecting additional program functions will be displayed, you can select or refuse them. You also need to specify the installation folder.
After selecting all the functions, the installation of iTunes will begin.
Upon completion of the installation of the program, it will open. If not the latest version of iTunes is installed, then it will notify the user about this and offer to download the new version.
After installing the latest version of iTunes, the system will prompt you to restart the PC.
To connect iphone to iTunes, connect the USB cable to your computer and launch iTunes. Here, too, you must allow access to both iTunes and iphone.
Then iTunes will open with the iPhone connected, where the smartphone files will be on the left in the menu.
iTunes is a special program developed by Apple that is designed to sync the contents of Apple devices. Therefore, for high-quality operation of an iphone or ipad, you need to install iTunes on your computer, since there is no other way to upload audio, photo, video files, films to the gadget. It is also worth remembering that iTunes has a set of standard drivers for the correct recognition of the iPhone by the computer.
What to do if iTunes does not see the iphone?
First check if the USB cable is working properly. The problem may be in him.
If you are convinced that everything is fine with the cable and iTunes does not see the iPhone, then the problem may be in outdated driver updates. Along with the iTunes program, the appropriate drivers are installed on the computer, thanks to which the system recognizes the connected iphone. Sometimes they may not update and iTunes will stop seeing the iPhone. Therefore, to update the drivers on the computer and eliminate the invisibility of the iphone, do the following:
- Connect iPhone to Computer.
- Go to computer properties by right-clicking on the Computer icon
mouse. Then go to Device Manager.
- In the window that opens, click on the USB Controllers item. When connected
iPhone to the computer at this point the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver section will be available, right-click on it and select Update drivers.
- Then click on the item Search for drivers on this computer.
- To tell the system the location of the driver folder to work in iTunes,
you must follow this path: Local drive C (where the system folders are stored) → Program Files → Common Files → Apple → Mobile Device Support → Drivers → Ok. And click Next. Then the system will update the necessary drivers, and iTunes should work. After the update, it is advisable to restart the PC.
If you find an error, please select a piece of text and press CtrlEnter.
The most common data transfer software for Apple products: iPad, iPod and iPhone. Downloading it from the official site is completely free. An obvious plus of this method is that the connection option is not important. by cable or wireless network. in any of these options there is the ability to manage your files.
To connect your iPhone to your computer wirelessly, you need to enable this feature on the device itself. After that, the smartphone will find the Wi-Fi network and automatically connect to it. All that remains is to download iTunes for iPhone and launch the program to control your device from a distance.
The more powerful the router, the further you can get away from the iPhone.
Compared to the classic cable connection, wireless connection has several tangible advantages:
- the device is not tied to a computer, the degree of its remoteness is limited only by the range of the Wi-Fi router;
- one USB port is freed;
- today there are programs that can work with files on the device even over a Wi-Fi network.
- the phone is quickly discharged, therefore, before connecting it wirelessly, you should charge the device, and even better connect it to a charger;
- there is no way to download a backup;
- you cannot reinstall the operating system or perform a factory reset;
- low data transfer rate;
- you need a special device (router) to connect both devices;
- the complexity of the connection and the capricious behavior of a computer running Windows.
Types of USB for iPhone Connection
There are three types of USB cables for iPhone:
- 30-pin cable that fits early models up to the fourth iPhone;
- 8-pin cable that comes with more modern models and is called Lighting;
- USB C cable. USB Type-C type, which can be inserted either side and has a high bandwidth up to 10 Gb / s.
Type C is also used by other manufacturers
How to connect iPhone to computer via USB
Although a modern “apple” gadget (iPad, iPod or iPhone) itself is a complete replacement for many devices. a phone, camera, voice recorder, game console and the like, sometimes you need to connect it to a good old PC. Only through a computer or laptop can you perform certain actions on your smartphone: synchronize, reinstall the system and much more.
If you don’t have a file manager from Apple at hand, you can use Windows tools, in particular, the Explorer program. Everything is very simple here: when the phone is connected, it is recognized by the computer brain as a portable device, and by clicking on it, you can see all the files in the smartphone’s memory.
Program for iPhone to computer to transfer files
The list of programs for working with files on the iPhone is quite extensive. This includes not only the familiar iTunes, but also others released by third-party developers.
This program is an adequate replacement for the official file manager from Apple. The set of functions here is exactly the same as in iTunes, including synchronization and data backup. You can download it via the Internet.
Note! The obvious advantage of this third-party application is also more stable operation without all sorts of glitches inherent in iTunes.
This program for iPhone on PC will see the gadget as a USB flash drive and allow you to perform all those operations on it as with a regular flash drive: transferring files to a computer and from a computer to a smartphone, deleting them, searching for files by name, viewing system folders.
Added to this is the ability to save SMS, phonebook and voicemail.
USB connection: pros and cons
Connecting with a USB cable isn’t the only way to connect iPhone to iTunes and PC in general. iPhone with iOS version older than 5.0 can be connected to a computer via Wi-Fi. However, most owners of Apple technology “the old fashioned way” continue to use cables, and here’s why:
- The cable connection guarantees high data transfer rates (for USB 3.0. 4.8 Gbps). When connecting via Wi-Fi, you have to look back at the restriction set by your Internet provider. The device connected by a cable to the PC is recharged, while when connected via Wi-Fi, on the contrary, energy is consumed at an impressive rate. Connecting via USB is a very simple procedure, but not everyone will be able to organize Connect “over the air”. Only when connected via a cable can you restore data from a backup and perform a full reset.
Using USB ports to connect an iPhone also has disadvantages:
- The device is actually tied to the PC with a “string”. This limits the user’s options. to talk on the phone, he will have to interrupt “Connect”. The gadget takes up one of the USB ports. this can be a problem if there are only 2 ports on a laptop or laptop.
USB cables for iPhone: what are there?
The USB cable for any new or refurbished iPhone is included. if there is no cable, this means one of two things: either they are trying to sell you an unoriginal smartphone (in other words, a Chinese fake), or the cable was lost by slow salon consultants who used the gadget package for their own needs.
There are two types of USB cable for iPhone:
The first is Lightning. Connectors with 8 contacts appeared on the bundled USB cables and chargers along with the 5th modification of the iPhone. The 7th modification iPhones also use Lightning to connect headphones. A distinctive feature of Lighting is that you can insert the connector into the connector from either side.
On the other side of the cable for the iPhone, there can now be not only a classic USB connector, but also a USB Type-C connector, which looks more like a micro-USB.
How to connect iPhone to computer via USB?
Apple devices have a closed architecture. many operations require the use of a PC. That is why, when buying an iPhone, the user should be ready to connect this gadget via a USB cable much more often than any of the Androids. The operation of connecting an iPhone via USB seems simple, however, there are some nuances that do not allow working with this device as with a standard data carrier.
Why iPhone won’t connect to computer: possible problems
The solution to the problem of connecting an iPhone via USB very often lies on the surface. Such a situation is typical: the user connected the smartphone via a cable, waited for the iPhone to notify by vibration about charging. but then nothing happens! According to the instructions given, we see that the next step is to confirm the user’s trust in the computer. “Trust Request” does not appear on the screen of a locked iPhone. It is enough just to unlock the device. the message will appear and the problem will be solved.
- If you encounter errors accompanied by SyncServer and MobileDeviseHelper messages, check if the same time is set on the PC and the gadget. Even a slight difference in time can lead to a connection failure. If the “USB device is not recognized” error, plug the cable into a different USB port on your computer. The error can also be due to the fact that the SIM card in the iPhone does not meet the requirements of the device. For the connection to occur correctly, it is enough to activate the “Airplane mode” through the “Settings”. If the computer simply does not see the iPhone, the problem lies in the cable or in the connector on the gadget itself. In any of these two cases, the user will have to spend a lot. to buy a new “lace” or to diagnose the device with subsequent repair.
How to connect iPhone to computer via USB and why you need to do it?
Connecting an “apple” gadget to a PC via USB allows you to:
- Synchronize iPhone with iTunes: download music and other multimedia data to the device memory, transfer notes and contacts, transfer credentials. Create backups of the information stored in the device’s memory and restore data from backups. Restore and update the operating system. Free up device memory (which is worth its weight in gold) by transferring data to your computer hard drive.
All of this will not be possible if the USB connection between iPhone and PC becomes unstable. Correctly connecting your iPhone to your computer is pretty simple:
Take a USB cable and insert the 30-Pin or Lightning connector into the corresponding connector on the gadget.
Plug the connector on the other side into any of the USB ports on your computer or laptop.
Wait for the sound typical of a USB device connection. At the same time, the iPhone will vibrate to notify the owner that it is charging.
The message “Trust this computer?” Appears on the smartphone screen. Confirm by clicking the corresponding button.
An AutoPlay window pops up on the computer monitor. this already indicates a successful USB connection.
Go to “My Computer”. you will see your iPhone in the list of portable devices.
Click on the icon and you will have access to photos and videos that were taken with the iPhone camera. You will not be able to get to music in this way. you will have to install and run a program called iTunes.
Connecting an iPhone to a PC via USB is no more difficult than Android: in any case, difficulties are possible, but their occurrence is more an exception to the rule than a rule. Another thing is that by itself, connecting the iPhone via USB will not give the user ample opportunities. he will only be able to copy and delete photo and video files taken with the gadget’s camera, and for other operations he will have to master iTunes. Working with Android in this regard is much easier: when connected to a computer via USB, a smartphone with a “green robot” is defined as a flash drive.
Basic Ways to Connect iPhone to Computer via USB
Modern high technologies make our life easier day by day. The electronics market is developing rapidly. Even in the recent past, such a scale of development seemed impossible. Now a cell phone can easily replace a camcorder, digital camera, music player, and sometimes even a computer.
After, say, you have photographed or recorded on video, you will want to save it in the memory of your personal computer, because it has more memory than a cell phone.
The article will talk about how to sync an iPhone brand cell phone with a home computer via a cable.
What may be the difficulty
Due to its closed ecosystem from outside interference, Apple has closed access to the file system of its devices on computers running Windows. On computers from the company itself, everything can be opened without unnecessary problems, you just need to synchronize your device.
As practice has shown, connecting an iPhone to a computer via USB does not require special knowledge and skills, and with detailed instructions it can be done by the most inexperienced user of a personal computer. To do this, you will need:
- Directly mobile device;
- Personal Computer;
- USB cable that came with the accessories to the mobile device.
Connect the cell phone with the cord to your PC. The required software should then be installed. After installation, the computer will see your cell phone. A warning sign about trust in your PC will appear on your smartphone. Click on the line that says “trust this PC”. After that, go to your computer’s explorer. If everything was done correctly, a folder with the name of your device will appear in the explorer.
Using this method, only video or photo files can be copied from your smartphone. In order to install programs, download your favorite music, create and cut your ringtones, you will need to install a program called iTunes. You can download the program from the official Apple website. By the way, the program has a pleasant and understandable interface, thanks to which even an unsure user will be able to understand how to act in order to perform this or that action.
It should always be remembered that during data transfer, you cannot disconnect the device from the computer, as this may lead to the loss of personal data.!
The above methods are suitable for such smartphone models as:
- iPhone 5 / 5s
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 10
Perhaps users of older iPhone models will ask: how to connect the iPhone 4 to a computer via USB? I hasten to answer your question. Synchronization will be carried out in absolutely identical ways, which are presented above. It is not in vain that Apple takes first place in terms of supporting its users.
It should also not be forgotten that there are replicas (Chinese copies) of popular Apple smartphones on the market. Synchronizing such cell phones, for example, through the iTunes application will be impossible due to the fact that such devices have the Android operating system installed. Synchronization of such devices will not require absolutely any additional programs. You just need to follow the very first method, there should be no difficulties.
Synchronization of the device via WI-FI
If the iPhone does not connect to the computer via USB, you can try an alternative method of synchronization via the WI-FI network. To do this, you still need a smartphone itself, a PC and a router (Internet access point). You can also set up such a connection in the iTunes application. In the synchronization parameters, check the “synchronize via WI-FI” checkbox. It is important that at the same time there is an active connection using this technology on the phone.
This method is very exotic, since the transfer of data using such a technology will take a lot of time due to the speed of data exchange, and in general it is more complicated than others in its implementation. But still, let’s consider this option.
To do this, you still need a PC, but with a bluetooth transmitter module, and a smartphone itself. After that, the bluetooth mode is activated both on the computer and on the smartphone itself. The phone then selects your PC for pairing. Once a pair is created, bluetooth technology can be used.
Always before you start synchronizing your smartphone with a computer, make sure that the communication cord is working properly, all the necessary parameters are activated. Sometimes it happens that the user blames the technique for everything, completely oblivious to how he himself treats this technique.
These are, perhaps, all the most popular ways to connect iPhone to PC via USB. There are also many alternative options through specialized programs, but due to their complexity for a simple user, they will seem complicated. For example, compared to transferring files from a cell phone running Android, the situation is much better, but this is already a matter of taste, and, as they say, there is no dispute about tastes.
You can also connect your iPhone to your computer via iTunes using a wireless network. Before that, it is desirable that both devices be connected to the same Wi-Fi router.
- We launch the program and connect the phone to the PC via USB using a cable. Don’t worry, you only need to do this once to sync.
- Click on the icon of your device on the left, then go to the “Summary” and select the checkbox for Wi-Fi synchronization.
- After that, you can disconnect the device from the computer. If the computer and the phone are on the same WI-FI network, then the iTunes application will see your iPhone.
What can replace iTunes
iTunes works great with Apple gadgets on Windows, but many users still prefer alternative programs due to the difficulty of working with iTunes. There are many programs for synchronizing iPhone with PC, so it is worth mentioning the most popular.
To connect iPhone to iTunes to computer you need:
- Connect your smartphone to an available USB port of a computer or MAC using the cable that you use for charging.
- Launch the iTunes application on PC, and at the top you need to click on the phone icon.
NOTE! If there is no such icon, then skip to the chapter on solving connection problems.
- On the left, you can select the category of content with which you want to work, then be sure to select the “Synchronization” checkbox in the main area.
Disadvantages of USB connection:
- the device is “tied” to the computer with a “cord”;
- a USB cable is required for connection;
- iPhone occupies the USB port of the computer (can be critical for laptops with 2 ports).
In order to connect an iPhone to a computer via USB, you will need:
- personal computer with Windows or Mac OS X on board with 1 free USB port;
- iOS device: iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad;
- standard USB cable (supplied with the device);
- iTunes (better than the latest version).
Why “tuna”, you ask? The fact is that the iTunes installation package, in addition to the program itself and its components, also contains the necessary drivers that allow the operating system to correctly identify the device and interact with it.
- To connect your iPhone to your computer using a USB cable, plug one end with a USB connector into the corresponding port on your computer. Fear not, it is impossible to make a mistake, different types of ports differ in design and the USB connector will not fit into any other port (HDMI or Thunderbolt).
- Plug the other end of the 30-pin or Lightning cable into your iPhone or iPad.
- If iTunes is not installed on your computer. without it, Windows will not be able to identify the device.
- In Windows, the connected iOS device is recognized by the system as a separate drive and will be available in the My Computer application among the hard disk partitions.
You just bought a brand new phone and for the first time are going to connect it to a media player. First, you need to install iTunes on your computer, it does not take much time, you only need to follow a few steps.
- Go to the official Apple website, download the installer for iPhone.
- Enter your mail address, location.
- Select the version for your OS by specifying the bit depth.
- Select language, click on the button to download.
- Click on the downloaded file, follow the instructions.
- Restart your computer for a complete installation.
Benefits of connecting iPhone to computer via Wi-Fi:
- The device is “not tied” to the computer and can be located from it within the range of the network.
- The USB port of the computer is freed.
- The iFunbox file manager “knows how” to work with iOS devices connected via Wi-Fi, which means you can download content and install applications from the App Store to devices via a wireless network.
This utility allows you to fix iPhone problems with one click. Thanks to its small functionality, it is very convenient to use it. For example, you can quickly transfer music, videos, apps, games, etc. to your device. It can also be used to erase unnecessary information from your iPhone, create iOS backups, and restore it when it freezes and malfunctions. Therefore, we can say with confidence that Tenorshare iCareFone is a good alternative to iTunes, while it is simple and convenient to use.
- Transfer of various files: text documents, music, video programs and games.
- Optimizing device memory for faster performance.
- Removing temporary files and garbage.
- Fixing system crashes.
- Removing banners and ads.
- Backup to restore important information.
- Automatic recognition of connected gadgets.
- Detection of unnecessary and malicious files.
- Compress images without loss of quality.
- Russian language interface.
- Convenient and simple navigation.
Connecting iPhone to Computer via USB
To connect your iPhone to your computer via USB, you need to download iTunes. The fact is that the delivery of the program contains the necessary drivers for connecting Apple devices, and, in addition, many necessary functions for them.
So, go to http://www.Apple.com/ru/iTunes/download/ and click on the “Download” button
After you have downloaded the program, you need to install it on your computer. To do this, run the downloaded file. a window will open in which you will need to click the “Next” button
The next window shows you where the program will be installed: click on the “Install” button
After a few minutes, the installation will be completed successfully
do not forget to uncheck the “Open iTunes” tab until you need to launch the program.
Now it’s time to connect your iPhone to your computer via USB. To do this, connect one end of the USB cable to the USB input of your computer, and the other, respectively, to your iPhone.
When connected, your iPhone will vibrate to indicate charging.
The installation of the device driver will begin, upon completion of which the device autorun window will pop up on the monitor
Then the connected device will appear in the “My Computer” tab as an additional icon
By clicking on it, you will see that the internal memory of your device will open.
You can only view photos and videos, however, you can listen to music only if you are connected via iTunes.
How to transfer photos from iPhone to computer via USB?
Now let’s go directly to iTunes. Click on the iTunes icon and in the window that opens, click the “Accept” button
In the next window, click on the phone icon (in the upper left corner). you will see the data of your device
What are the advantages of a wired connection??
- – First and foremost is the speed of data exchange.
- – Ability to install and uninstall applications
- – Ability to charge the gadget
- – Ability to restore the device
- – Software update
Of the minuses, I can only note that a USB port is required for connection (and on some brands of computers there are only two of them) and that your iPhone should be near the computer.
How to connect iphone to computer via USB?
To connect an iPhone to a computer via a USB port, you will need the gadget itself, the USB cable that comes with the device, and, of course, a computer. USB cables come in several modifications (depending on your iPhone model):
It works with models such as iPhone 2G, iPhone 3G, iPhone 4G and iPhone 4S (iPad, iPad2, iPad3 and iPod Touch are also supported).
The second option is the Lightning 8-pin connector:
It fits more modern models such as iPhone 5, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6 and iPhone 6S (iPad Mini, iPod Touch 5G are also supported).
There is also a USB Type-C cable. Unlike Lightning, it can be inserted either side, and it has a huge bandwidth. up to 10 Gb / s.
The computer does not see the iPhone via USB but is charging: what to do?
But what if you connected your iPhone via USB, charging is in progress, but the computer still could not detect your iPhone? Let’s look at some methods to solve this problem.
- – First you need to reboot both devices in order to make sure that neither of them freezes.
- – The next step is to check all USB ports: they may not work due to broken contacts. To check, take any USB flash drive and check each USB port one by one.
- – Disable third-party software (antiviruses, firewalls etc.), do not forget to include them after checking.
- – Also unlock your phone, perhaps there will be an inscription “Trust this computer?”
Without an affirmative answer, no synchronization will take place, only charging.
- – Try changing the USB cable. it may be out of order. Sometimes, even without visible damage, the cable is inoperative.
- – Try resetting your phone (don’t forget about backups)
- – You can also clean the USB connector of the cable. it may be dirty.
- – Check if the time is set correctly both on the computer and on your phone (even a small discrepancy will lead to the computer not recognizing the iPhone via USB)
If more than one method did not help you, then most likely you have a broken charging connector, and you should change it at a service center.