iPhone can’t update mdash, reasons
- Lack of free space (discussed earlier).
- Software error. If the iPhone for some reason does not see the system update, then you need to restart the smartphone. To do this, you need to hold down the power button, and in the case of the iPhone X mdash, also the side volume rocker, and move the slider from left to right. Then you need to turn on the device.
- Upgrade compatibility. Also, an important aspect of loading the latest system is its availability. iOS 11 can be installed on iPhone 5S, SE, 6/6 Plus, 6S / 6S Plus, 7/7 Plus, 8/8 Plus, and X. If your device is not listed, the update will fail.
Alarm stopped working after update
Apple is keen to see more users install iOS updates that fix bugs and make minor changes. For example, you can always select “Later” when an update notification appears. The update will be automatically installed when your iPhone is connected to a power source, which usually happens at night.
Several years ago, Apple suggested the Macworld owner upgrade to iOS 9.1, and she chose “Later,” so that an updated iPhone awaits her in the morning. That was how it was: the update worked perfectly, but her alarm went off and she woke up an hour later than usual, which forced her to be late for work.
She’s not the only unfortunate person to have this problem. A huge number of people have complained on the forums because they are late for school, work or an important meeting.
This happens due to the fact that some active settings and extensions are disabled after the update. This can happen with an alarm clock, airplane mode, network connection and application settings that require some action from the owner. This is a rare system bug, but be prepared to run into it.
Security software check
Network connectivity problems
It is also important to know that the iOS update is downloaded only over WI-Fi, a cellular network connection will not work. Therefore, check that the wireless connection is working properly before booting the system. This can be done in the settings.
In addition, many are confused by the control point, when looking at it, it seems that Wi-Fi is active. In fact, it is not connected and only works for AirDrop and AirPlay. Therefore, pay attention to the color of the Wi-Fi icon, in a fully functioning position it is blue, in a semi-active mdash, white.
If you do not have Wi-Fi, but there is, for example, unlimited 3G or 4G Internet, then you should distribute the Internet from the iPhone, and update through a computer that connects to the smartphone’s network (about updating via iTunes a little later).
Checking for an update failed
Errors can occur at different stages of the update. For example, at the very beginning, even before the update is loaded, the following message appears:
If your device supports iOS 11 but can’t find the update, follow these steps:
- Do a hard reboot. Hold the Home and Power buttons (Power and Volume down on iPhone 7 and above) and hold until the screen turns off.
- Check your internet connection. Try connecting to a different Wi-Fi network.
- Delete the developer profile if you added it for beta testing (Settings. General. Profiles. iOS Beta Software Profile. Delete).
- Try updating via iTunes.
Immediately after the release of the update, failures can occur on the side of Apple servers, which cannot cope with the influx of users. In this case, you just have to wait for your turn to download. If the device detected an update and started downloading it, but the download was interrupted by an error, wait a little and try to download the update again.
- Free space in memory.
- Internet connection stability.
If the update does not download over the air, install it via iTunes.
Installing new iOS on iPhone takes too long
In 2013, installing iOS 7 on an iPhone was a real nightmare. it lasted all night! We hoped that in 2014 the situation would improve, but it repeated itself. Once again, many faced an awfully long installation time for iOS 8 due to the fact that Apple’s servers could not cope with so many users wanting to enjoy the updated operating system in no time. Therefore, remember that the long installation time of the update is far from a rare case, and you are not alone in this.
If you start updating immediately after a new version is released, be prepared for a long wait, as the first few hours of Apple’s server are the most loaded.
We recommend that you wait a few days with the update to the new iOS, so all bugs will be fixed and you can download the update as quickly as possible.
If you decide to update a few months after the release of the update, there should be no problems with the long installation. If you encounter a similar problem, the problem may be with your WI-FI. In this case, try restarting your iPhone, turning WI-FI on and off, or even completely resetting your phone to factory settings, if all else fails, the only thing we can advise you is to contact an Apple service center.
How to uninstall an iOS update
If it was not possible to install a new version of the operating system, you must remove it, and then reinstall it. To do this, we perform the following actions:
- Go to Settings, go to General, then open the Storage item;
- We are looking for the required update in the list provided;
- Select it and remove it from the device;
- Go to Settings again, move to General, go to Software Update and download the latest version of the update.
If the required update is not in the list or an error occurs: There is no access to the update server, or it is impossible to check the update, you need to update the iOS version through your computer. using iTunes. If it still does not update, creates a ticket in Apple support.
Thus, the answer to why the error checking for updates appears can be found anyway.
Methods to Resolve Cellular Update Failed on iPhone
Some iPhone owners occasionally encounter the Cellular Update Failed error. The full text of the error reads as follows:
In addition, if a similar problem occurs, iPhone users can see the inscription “No network” in the operator’s line, as well as see a message about the need to update the firmware in the cellular settings of their device.
Solution “Cellular update failed” on iPhone
Read the article carefully to the end!
Based on the information in the error, many of you have probably assumed that the device simply needs to update the firmware. Well, in some cases, this is true. By air, this is done as follows:
- make sure your iPhone is fully charged or connected to a charger;
- connect to a wireless Wi-Fi network;
- go through the following path: Settings → General → Software update;
- click on the “Download and Install” button.
Users claim that this update method may not be available. In this case, the iPhone can be updated using iTunes, which is done like this:
- launch iTunes on your computer;
- connect iPhone to PC via USB cable;
- select your device, then. “General / Settings”;
- click on the “Check for updates” button;
- now click on the “Download and update” button and watch the iPhone update process.
As you can see, updating the iPhone is a fairly straightforward process. However, we strongly advise you not to rush into this matter.
Cases have been documented when iPhone users who encountered the “Cellular update failed” error did not solve the problem after updating the firmware, but received a brick at their disposal.
You see, “Cellular update failure” can sometimes (!) Occur due to hardware problems with the iPhone. Simply put, this problem cannot always be corrected at home. After updating the iPhone firmware, the following may happen:
- you will restore the functionality of your device;
- absolutely nothing will happen;
- your iPhone will turn into the already mentioned brick.
- restart your iPhone (you can even restart it several times in a row);
- reinstall the SIM-card (also several times and with a reboot);
- reset to factory settings.
If none of the above helped, update the iPhone firmware, especially if it is still under warranty. As a last resort, you can take the device to a service center and describe your problem. The specialists there will surely help bring your iPhone to life.
With no iPhone warranty well, you can try updating the iPhone’s firmware, hoping that trouble will bypass you and everything will return to normal. Well, if it doesn’t work around it, look for help in “unofficial” service centers.
We remind you once again that the “Cellular update failed” error is not always the result of hardware problems with the iPhone and is often resolved by an elementary firmware update. Be careful and weigh your every decision!
Can’t update iPhone. what to do and what to do?
Hello everyone! Most recently, I faced such a problem. my iPhone categorically refused to update to the new firmware version, both through iTunes and through iCloud. I just displayed the inscription. “Failed to install the software update. An error occurred while loading iOS. ” Although, in fact, the update was not only available, but already downloaded to the device. A riddle? Even some! But the “answer” was successfully found by me and now my iPhone is running the latest mobile axis.
And, of course, I could not help but share this joy and wrote detailed instructions on how to successfully solve the problems associated with installing new firmware versions on Apple devices. Wow, how bent! 🙂 Let’s go!
The first thing you should pay attention to is whether your device supports the version of the software that you are trying to install. For example, iOS 14 (as well as its modifications) can be “installed” on:
- iPad mini 4th generation, iPad Air 2nd generation, iPad 5th generation, iPad Pro and older.
- iPhone 6S and all subsequent devices in Apple’s smartphone lineup.
- iPod touch 7th generation.
Have you checked it? Does your technique fit this list? If the answer is yes, then we proceed as follows.
In the main menu, go to settings. basic. profile (at the very end of the list).
By the way, it was this method that helped me, for some reason it interfered with the update. “iOS beta Software Profile”. Apparently because I often install test firmware and get access to new functions before anyone else 🙂 Do you want it too? Read. How to Install iOS Betas.
After removing it, everything went “like clockwork” and took a fairly small amount of time (about 20 minutes).
In any case, here are a few more points that may prevent the installation of new software and it makes sense to pay close attention to them:
- Check the charge level, it should be more than 50% or simply connected to the mains charger (Important! It is recommended to use the charger from the outlet!).
- It may well happen that Apple’s servers are overloaded. this often happens on the days of presentations and the release of new versions of iOS. How to check their status at the moment. read here. In this case, it remains only to wait, usually not much (from 1 hour to a day).
- A trivial thing. check if the Internet is functioning normally, if the connection is poor, the update process can take a long time.
- In the case when the update cannot be performed directly from the device, then you can and should use iTunes for this operation. Make sure the version of the program is the latest (how to do it?). Almost always, when you connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer, iTunes itself will offer you to install a new version of the software. If this does not happen, then we will install the update forcibly. To do this, we use this instruction for restoring the software (Attention! Create a backup copy so as not to lose all data).
- Changing the USB port, Lighting cable, Wi-Fi hotspot, computer in the end can also help troubleshoot problems.
As you can see, there is nothing complicated. all the tips are quite simple and easy to do at home. But, at the same time, their implementation will almost 100% help to put the fresh version of the software on your iPhone. So we need to act!
Addition! Updating over Wi-Fi may be interfering with a broken fingerprint reader. Is the fingerprint sensor not functioning on your device for some reason? Installing a new firmware version is possible only through iTunes. And one more thing. if you are faced with the error “Unable to check for iOS update”, then this instruction will suit you. Wow, I don’t seem to have forgotten anything 🙂
After all the manipulations, the iPhone still does not want to update or there are incomprehensible errors? Write in the comments. we will figure it out together!
What to do if iPhone activation fails and needs update after factory reset
IPhone Activation Failed to Update — Firmware must be re-installed. The update can be done in several ways:
- by connecting the phone to the computer and installing the new firmware through the official website;
- update via iTunes.
In cases where programs fail and it is not possible to activate your account, an update will help. The process does not take much time and for a sufficiently stable Internet or computer.
Doubtful assemblies may stop working after resetting to factory settings. When making a purchase from an unauthorized dealer, there is a high risk of getting a gadget with fake parts and subsequently a non-working device. At risk are devices on the IOS platform 11 and higher. If iPhone activation fails after factory reset, the reasons are as follows:
- repair with non-original spare parts;
- when the server is turned on, the companies do not recognize the replaced parts and block the phone.
In order to avoid trouble, it is worth making the purchase and repair in official services.
Activation lock is set
Option to prevent unauthorized access to data. The active mode will be evidence that the gadget was obtained illegally. It is impossible to bypass the security system by flashing, since all data is tied to an account. When you try to restore access through official services, a notification will be displayed about entering the Apple ID and the email address associated with the account.
Internet connection problems
In cases of unstable connection, activation will not be possible. You will receive an error unable to contact the server. Possible reasons:
- there is a ban on data transfer;
- restricting access to servers.
You can resolve the issue by contacting the service provider, as well as by checking the smartphone settings.
If you have any questions or complaints. let us know
Activation via iTunes
In cases where internet connection did not solve the problem. The firmware is being downloaded via iTunes, you should update to the latest version before starting. Steps:
- run the program on a computer and connect a smartphone to it;
- we go through authorization and choose a device from the proposed ones;
- click on “Browse” and select “Update” in the block with a description of the device;
- follow the instructions during the update and complete the action with activation;
- disconnect the phone from the PC after the message about the successful unlocking.
How to fix “your iPhone could not be activated because it cannot contact the activation server
The error can be caused by performing technical work on the server or blocking access. To fix it:
- go to the company’s website and check information about the health of the servers and the release of new firmware;
- check access via Wi-Fi router.
Some routers are configured to block the domain and prevent actions. Also, during the release of new versions, a high percentage of server load is observed, and the connection may be interrupted. In this case, you need to wait and try again the next day.
SIM card not supported
This type of message can be displayed for several reasons. The signal coding does not match the phone’s radio module, or the card is blocked. In such cases:
- contact your provider for a new card;
- try to activate with a different sim card;
- check the official website for information on the phone;
- contact the official representative.
IPhone activation failed: what to do?
A frightening screen for users with an activation error message can appear for a number of reasons. Regardless of what exactly led to the “breakdown”, the user should know that the further scenario will require, if not repair in the service, then exactly rollback of the system and a number of other manipulations. Unfortunately, the more “killed” the model of the smartphone, the less chances that the failed activation of the “iPhone” can be fixed. It is important not only to conduct an external examination of the phone, but also to restore the picture prior to the breakdown. This will help you understand why the activation of the “iPhone” failed at all, as well as how to behave further. It is likely that it will be necessary not only to roll back (return to the previous version) the changes made to the smartphone, but also to clean the device itself. However, it will be fair to say that there are still chances of restoring the smartphone.
How to fix it
Hardware failure in the activation of “iPhone” can be eliminated either in a licensed service center for a rather tangible amount, or with artisanal technologies.
Also, the reason for the failure to activate the “iPhone” may be a short circuit in the contacts of the board where the modem is located. In some cases, a sharp change in temperature can help when the smartphone is sharply cooled or, on the contrary, heated. However, it is worth carrying out such manipulations at your own peril and risk.
If the problem is hardware in nature, but the Apple servers are fine, then the problem is in the device. If the “iPhone” writes about a failed operation, but the other device is updated without problems, then the matter is most likely in the processing of data from a specific device. It is quite simple to check this, just select the item with the letter “i” circled in a circle, after which it will become clear whether the device is capable of receiving data. This item also shows the serial number of the device. If this is not the case, then the matter is almost 100% in the smartphone modem.
Several other reasons for iPhone activation failure
The activation procedure itself “iPhone” can be terminated for a number of other reasons, independent of the software. Before going to the service center, you should first carry out a few simple manipulations with the device: check for the presence of a SIM card in the slot, rearrange it, and then try to activate the device again. It is also recommended to change the internet channel. It is possible that the next update of the device is too “heavy” or the data packet transmission channel is busy with another gadget. Another option is to activate your device through iTunes. If this does not help, then the service will offer to restore the data, after which the device will automatically return to the previous state.
In the event of a software failure, we are talking about installing suspicious software or the shell as a whole. In this case, saving the entire smartphone, as well as fragments of the system and user data, is possible only by rolling back all changes in the gadget to the previous version.
What is the reason for the failure
The most common are two specific “iPhone” activation failure problems. The first is the hardware, both the device itself and the Apple servers.
Why activation is needed
Before thinking about the question of what to do if the activation of the “iPhone” fails, some angry users will blame the developers from Apple Inc. for the imperfection of the device. Many adherents of the “apple” more than once seriously criticized the activation procedure as ineffective and problematic.
Cellular Update Failed on iPhone? Looking for a solution!
I strongly welcome everyone! Despite the rather optimistic (in general) title of this manual, I immediately ask you to prepare for the worst. The thing is that the appearance of the error “Cellular update failure” on the iPhone, as a rule, has a hardware cause and, in the so-called “home conditions”, it is almost impossible to get rid of it. Although…
So, this “out of nowhere” malfunction does not appear. basically this happens immediately after some relatively serious manipulations with the device (updating to a new version of iOS or resetting the settings).
- The inscription “No network” in the operator line.
- The window “Cellular update failed. Your iPhone will not be able to make or receive calls or access cellular data until the device is updated. “.
- When you go to “Settings. Cellular“, you can see the inscription “To use cellular data on this iPhone, it needs to be updated.”.
Total. everything hints that the iPhone simply requires a firmware update.
But how to do this if the iPhone cannot update itself? That’s right, use iTunes (detailed instructions)!
And here, dear friends, you have a very important choice.
The thing is that after updating (restoring) iOS through iTunes, three completely different things can happen:
- iPhone will work as if nothing had happened, the network will appear on it and “Cellular update failure” will disappear like a bad dream.
- Nothing will change.
- The iPhone will freeze during the update process, display other errors, will not be able to activate and turn into a “brick”. That is, you will lose the opportunity not just to call, but in general to use the device in any way.
What is the reason for this? Often, with the so-called “modem” and its “environment”.
It is this microcircuit that is responsible for communication on your iPhone.
- “The modem was crookedly stitched” (during the previous update), then restoring the firmware can help.
- The “modem” has any physical damage or was damaged in another way (excessive heating, water ingress, poor solder, etc.), then restoring the firmware can (in some cases) only aggravate the situation. the iPhone will be impossible to activate (and sometimes and turn on).
iPhone Cellular or Mobile Data Shows Error, No Service, Cellular Update Failed in iOS 13.5. Fixed
It’s not very pleasant for me even to type this text. But, unfortunately, there is no getting away from this. not all the same about discounts on the iPhone write.
Therefore, let’s jump straight to the conclusions.
Here’s what to do if you get a Cellular Update Failed error on your iPhone:
- iPhone Warranty? Feel free to restore the firmware via iTunes. In case of failure, we contact the service center and let them already think about how to repair your smartphone.
- iPhone without warranty? Here you need to think about and decide what is more important for you. a possible chance of success or a possible chance to get a “brick”.
However, even with the worst option, you should not rush to throw out your smartphone.
Because, at the moment, even unofficial service centers are quite successfully coping with such a task as “rolling the modem” (removing the microcircuit, cleaning everything qualitatively, putting it back in). this is the procedure that, as a rule, finally helps to solve the error “Cellular failure updates “.
So there is no need to despair! The main thing is to find a normal service center with good equipment (and not some kind of tent on the market) and then everything will be “OK”.
Well, I, as usual, will hope that no service is required in your case and all network problems will be corrected by a regular firmware restore via iTunes. I sincerely wish you good luck!
Checking Available Memory
An error while installing iOS 12 can occur for the simplest reason. there is no place to download the firmware. Depending on the device (for example, iPhone eight or iPad A1892), on which you want to update the system, the operating system will take up to 2.5 gigs. Accordingly, it is better to have up to 3 gigs of memory in stock.
How to check if the new firmware will fit:
Fixing the error “Unable to install iOS 12
This will be quite possible if you familiarize yourself with the proven methods of how to overcome various crashes and problems when installing the iOS 12 update. Below are 5 tips that can help owners of iPhone and other devices from the Apple collection when downloading new firmware.
IOS installation error: what you can do
The method is not original, but effective. you can go directly to the official website of the brand and explore options for solving problems when downloading, updating the operating system. The first thing users need to do is check the “freshness” of the iTunes version. If there is no program on the PC, you need to go to the office again. the company’s website and download the utility from it.
The program is updated quite simply:
- on Windows: Help. Updates;
- on Mac: App Store updates.
All this has already been done, but the system still gives an error installing the iOS update? It’s time to move on to plan “B” and master the following techniques.
Updating with iTunes
The first thing that needs to be done is to launch the program itself (as we have already found out, there must be an up-to-date version).
- Connect Apple device to PC using USB cable.
- Select the desired device in the window that opens.
- Click on “Review”, then “Update”.
- It remains only to click on “Download”.
Usually, the program independently determines that the device needs to be updated, then upon entering the application the user will be greeted with a corresponding message.
Force restart iPhone
To cope with a failure to install or update iOS 12, you can take “drastic” measures, ie. just restart the device (for example, iPhone 7 Plus).
- Press the button on the side of the case and the volume key.
- Hold for a couple of seconds until the slider appears.
- Drag the slider bar to the right.
- Press the button on the side, hold it.
- Wait for the brand logo to appear.
Nuance: To restart the iPhone 8, as well as earlier versions, replace the list item with: press and hold the top (side) key.
Checking the network setup
Failure to download an iOS update may cause network failure or the latest carrier updates.
IOS 12 Compatibility Check
The manufacturer’s website has information that the new firmware is compatible with devices ranging from iPhone 5c, iPad mini 2 and iPod Touch (generation 6).
Where exactly can this be checked? You don’t need to go far: you just need to open an office. brand website, then:
- go to the “Support” tab;
- scroll down the page a little and select: “Upgrade to iOS 12”;
- scroll down a little more and click on “Compatibility Check”.
There will be a rather extensive list of devices that are already ready to start working on the new firmware (for example, X Silver). If some model of a gadget is not on the list, you should wait a while, it will certainly appear there. However, this only applies to new models of the brand, the outdated ones will definitely not appear on the list.
What to do if an error occurs while installing iOS: 6 ways to solve
Updated firmware for gadgets from the eminent Apple brand is always an increase in the speed of devices, and the addition of new interesting options, and a lot of other pleasant chips for users. Here’s just what to do if there was an error installing iOS 12? If the iPhone or iPad displays various glitches, invalid answers, and other problems loading the operating system? How to deal with all this is described in the article.
If the device has been in operation for more than one year, the iPhone was often repaired, its parts were changed, then the iPhone does not turn on after the update due to “smart” automatic diagnostics.
This system is built into the new firmware to restrict users of Apple products so that they do not install analogs of lower-cost components on the iPhone.
When updating the OS, the serial number of the microcircuit tied to the “motherboard” is checked. If the spare part is not original, the smartphone will turn off.
Why won’t iPhone 5s turn on after updating? Starting with version 5 devices, the fingerprint scanner has an identification number that is tied to a unique processor identifier. If you replace it, and the phone is not reflashed, it will not turn on.
An OS bug, due to which it is impossible to turn on the device, is not always associated with an updated firmware. Sometimes another chip is damaged that previously functioned normally.
A list of other reasons due to which the gadget does not work:
- Battery discharged.
- The device is overcooled.
- The “save” mode is on.
- System memory chip not working.
- In the location where the user is located, for some unknown reason, the phone is not tied to the system provider.
- The OS crashed because it was performing a factory reset or otherwise.
- iPhone 5 after updating does not turn on due to breakage of the on / off button.
If the cause of the malfunction is simple, the user will be able to restore the operation of the device on his own. But it is better to trust the employees of the service center, especially if the smartphone is under warranty service.
How to turn on iPhone after update? A hard restart is required. In half of the cases, this manipulation will help “revive” SE or another model. The user needs to simultaneously hold 2 buttons: console and side, which includes the gadget. We wait 3-5 seconds.
Charging the battery correctly
What to do if iPhone won’t turn on after updating? If the charge is at zero, then the gadget needs to be recharged for at least 1 hour. Also worth doing if iPhone X won’t turn on.
In cold weather, the battery will drain quickly. In this case, the phone needs to warm up to room temperature, then it is charged. If this condition is not met and a cold smartphone is charged, the temperature difference will lead to the formation of condensation, a short circuit will occur, and the gadget will stop functioning.
If charging did not help, iPhone 6 does not turn on after the update, a hard restart will help.
What to do if iPhone won’t turn on after updating
If you have a question about what to do if the iPhone does not turn on after updating, you should investigate the reasons that caused this problem.
Recovery using Apple branded software
If the previous methods did not help and the iPhone 6s does not turn on after the update, it is recommended to follow the procedure:
- The outdated iTunes software from the PC is removed and reinstalled. We find it on the official website of the developer. There is a high probability of damage to the old version of the program by viruses, so it does not function properly.
- We connect the device to a PC to synchronize it with iTunes when the gadget is operating in Device Firmware Update mode.
- If iOS version 10 was installed, it is better to try version 9 as it works more stable. Returning to the previous system is necessary if the phone cannot be rebooted on the updated iOS.
- We connect the smartphone to the PC, wait for the moment when iTunes is activated.
- The power button and “Home” are clamped and held until a window appears prompting you to restore and reset the software.
- We select the recovery mode, we wait until the procedure is over.
It is recommended to back up all the information on the phone, because after the upgrade, the system sometimes crashes, the firmware flies, the OS needs to be reinstalled, and all data will be deleted.