Why is my HP laptop screen black?
There are various reasons that can cause a black screen in your laptop. One of the common reasons is hardware malfunction, such as poor GPU connection or bad cables or port, which can also cause the screen to not work. Apart from a hardware issue, your laptop screen may be black due to software issues such as a virus or software corruption.
Sometimes it is difficult to pinpoint the exact cause of the black screen problem, but there is still something you can do to fix the problem. You can first find out the cause of the problem by securely and correctly connecting the external monitor to your HP laptop.
Fix 3: update graphics drivers
A missing or outdated graphics driver in your laptop can cause a black screen, so you should make sure the graphics drivers in your laptop are up to date, and update one that is NOT up to date.
There are two ways to update your graphics drivers, manually and automatically.
You can manually find the latest version of your graphics driver from the manufacturer, download and install it on your computer. This takes time and computer skills. We recommend this if you are confident in your computer skills.
If you don’t have time or patience, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running on, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about an installation error.
You can automatically update your drivers with the free or professional version of Driver Easy. But in the Pro version it only takes 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money-back guarantee).
- Download and Install Easy Driver.
- Launch Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will scan your computer and find driver problems.
- Click the Update button next to the marked graphics device to automatically download the correct driver version (you can do this with the free version), then install the driver on your computer.
Or click “Update All” to automatically download and install the correct version of all drivers that are missing or outdated on your system (this requires the Pro version. you will be prompted to update when you click the “Update All” button).
- After the update, restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
Check if your black screen is allowed.
How to fix a black screen on my HP laptop
Here are the solutions that helped people solve the problem. You DO NOT have to experience them all; just work with the list until everything works again.
- Hard reset your laptop
- Restart the explorer.Exe process
- Update your graphics drivers
- Disable Fast Startup
- Undo recent changes
Apart from fix 1. You must log into Windows on the problematic laptop to try these solutions. If you are unable to log into Windows, turn the laptop on and off 3 times to perform a hard reboot and restart the computer in safe mode. And then try these solutions.
Fix 1: hard reset your laptop
Usually, faulty hardware can cause a black screen on an HP laptop, so you should remove the connected hardware from the laptop and see what the problem is.
- Turn off your laptop.
- Disconnect power, hard drives, battery and all connected peripherals.
- Press and hold the power button for 60 seconds and release.
- Insert the battery and connect the charger. Then DO NOT connect anything else.
- Load your laptop again to see if it works now.
If this fixes the black screen problem on your HP laptop, you should have found and fixed the problem. You can then shut down your laptop and plug in an equal peripheral once and see if the problem can be fixed. Then you can find the cause and fix it.
If your black screen is still there, don’t worry. We have other solutions to try. Please note, if you are unable to log into your Windows laptop, you need to boot your laptop in Safe Mode before trying the following solutions.
HP laptop black screen when turned on what to do
Your HP laptop screen is black. And you DIDN’T do anything to cause the black screen problem? Do not panic! Black screen issues usually occur after Windows Update and many people have solved black screen on HP laptop with the solutions described in this article.
If you have problems like HP screen goes black but still works, or black screen on startup, you can try the methods below to fix your problem.
Fix 2: restart the explorer.Exe process
If the explorer.Exe process has been closed (possibly due to a virus), your HP laptop may go into a black screen.
The Explorer.Exe process manages the desktop, taskbar, etc. on your laptop, so if closed on your system, your desktop and taskbar will go invisible and your screen will go black.
Note. The screenshots below are from Windows 10 and the fixes also work on Windows 8 and Windows 7.
- Press the Ctrl keys on your keyboard at the same time. Shift and Esc to bring up the task manager.
- Click on the “Details” tab (or the “Processes” tab if you are using Windows 7).
- Scroll down and find the explorer.Exe process.
- If yes, end the process by selecting explorer.Exe and clicked End Task.
- Restart your HP laptop and see if it fixes black screen issues.
If you cannot find explorer.Exe in the list, you can start the process yourself:
- While in Task Manager, click “File” and select “Run New Task”.
- Type explorer.Exe and hit Enter on your keyboard.
- The process will start and you can check if your desktop becomes normal.
Fix 4: disable fast startup
Disabling Fast Startup may fix black screen issue on HP laptop. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open Control Panel on your computer and view Control Panel items with small or large icons.
- Click Power Options.
- Click Choose what the power buttons do.
- Click Change settings that are currently unavailable.
- Uncheck Turn on fast startup (recommended). Then click Save Changes.
Restart your computer and see if your laptop screen is working properly.
Fix 5: undo recent changes
It is likely that Windows was recently updated, or if you have installed a program on your computer, therefore this is causing a black screen on your laptop. If this is your case, you should try to restore your Windows system to a previous version.
If you installed the program on your HP laptop, uninstall the program from your laptop and restart your laptop to see if the screen works.
If you have updated your Windows system, you should restore it to a previous version. Here’s how to do it:
Note. Before starting work, you must first create a backup of the fundamental data on the computer.
If you are using Windows 10, 8 or 8.1:
- Open Control Panel and click “System and Security”.
- Click System System Protection System Restore.
- Select the restore point you want to use from the list. Then follow the onscreen instructions to complete.
If you are using Windows 7 or Windows Vista:
- Go to Start All Programs Accessories System Tools
- Click System Restore.
- Select the restore point you want to use, then follow the onscreen instructions to complete.
After system restore, restart your laptop and see if it fixes the black screen.
That’s all. I hope this article comes in handy and helps you solve the black screen issue on your HP laptop.
Black screen caused by physical impact when loading laptop
Failure of the monitor, video card, bridge, damage to the cords. In this case, you need to check separately the monitor and the system unit and find what exactly the problem is.
If the problem is in the monitor, the task is extremely simplified, you will have to carry it to the SC. If the system unit, then pay attention to how long ago you cleaned it, elementarily it may NOT work due to dust and oxide. If possible, then connect the monitor NOT to the video card, but to another slot (built-in video card).
This problem is most likely caused by the failure of the north bridge, in order to make sure of this you will have to warm it up, you can do this using a soldering station. This type of repair is usually quite difficult for the user to do on his own, therefore, service centers are engaged in this. After the bridge warms up, the monitor will be in service again, but not for a long time. The solution to this problem is to replace the bridge. At a price of about 70 if the laptop is not gaming, and so the price fluctuates depending on the laptop model.
Black screen when turning on laptop
If the laptop works but the screen is black, then this can be caused by a number of reasons presented below. We will analyze why, including the laptop, we see a black screen. List of problems and solutions to this problem.
Black screen and cursor
If you have a black screen and a cursor when loading windows, then this problem arose as a result of a failure in the system of the explorer.Exe file, which is responsible for enabling. the desktop, toolbar, file manager. This failure can be caused by a number of different reasons for example: viruses, not successful updates, etc.
You can return your computer to a normal state using System Restore. Now we need to break through to it, we will do it through “sticky keys” for this, we need to press the shift key 5 times
After that we get the window that you see above, we need to go to the “Accessibility Center to disable the keyboard shortcut”.
We get such a window where in the search line (from the top right under the “close” button) you need to write “support center” After which we will see the Blue flag Support center click on it and enter the next window, at the very bottom select “Restore”
Then it gets to another window in which we select “launch system restore” Next, tick the box “select another system restore point” and click further, then select the desired restore point, click further. ready, click to confirm the decision “Yes”.
After that, the computer will restart and start with the “windows black screen with cursor” problem solved
I want to add that this method will help you if you have NOT previously disabled the system restore function
Laptop won’t turn on black screen, settings fail
This variant of the problem may be caused by a failure in the hardware settings. In this case, you will need to perform a reset.
In order to perform a hard reset, follow the instructions below.
- Disconnect laptop from power.
- Stick out the battery
- Press and hold the power button for about 15 seconds
- Will give RAM, wipe the contacts of RAM with an eraser, let it rest for 5-10 minutes, insert it back.
- After that, insert the battery and connect the laptop to power.
After that, the black screen should not appear when the laptop is turned on.
Laptop DOES NOT boot black screen, BIOS settings failed
The problem may arise as a result of resetting, changing, flashing the BIOS, then you need to reset it to factory settings. To do this, follow the instructions below:
- When starting the laptop, press the f10 key for 15 seconds in order to get into the BIOS.
- Then press f9 and enter to return to the default settings.
- Press the f10 key and enter. so we save and reboot the laptop.
Please note that all these actions we are performing in the “dark” not seeing what is happening on the matrix.
Black screen and cursor at startup
When loading, we press the f8 key for about 10 seconds, then we get to the choice of loading, select the first item “troubleshooting” after loading, we see the windows “System recovery options” click further. ok. After that we are offered to make a choice to restore the system, we select the very first item “Startup recovery” after which the launch of the working environment should be performed automatically.
If none of the two methods helped to fix the problem of “black screen and cursor when starting windows”, then move on. When a black screen appears, press ctrlaltdel, launch the “task manager”, press the “application” (if you have menu items to select, then double-clicking on the top area of the task manager, you can eliminate this) “New task.” and in the “create new task “and enter the following” C: /Windows/System32/explorer.Exe “and confirm” ok “. If you get an error message and the icons on the desktop do not appear, do the following. We close the error, in the task manager, go to the Processes tab and terminate all processes (right-click on the process. it will end the process) with the name explorer.Exe. Then go back to the application and add the same task “C: /Windows/System32/explorer.Exe” (you can try adding without specifying the path “explorer.Exe”).
After THESE actions, everything should fall into place, but if this option did NOT help, try turning it in safe mode.
Hopefully the article on “Windows black screen solution” helped you. If there is, leave comments, we will fight this problem together.
Diagnostics with an external monitor
You can also try to connect the laptop to an external monitor in order to exclude the possibility of damage to the matrix cable and the matrix itself.
Connect your laptop via an external monitor
If an image appears on an external monitor or TV when a laptop is connected to it, then the problem is either with the cable or with the matrix (screen).
Hard drive. as a possible reason for a black laptop screen when turned on
The next step in case of a problem with a black laptop screen is to disconnect the hard drive. There are times when the hard drive fails mechanically and the laptop, when turned on, unsuccessfully tries to determine it.
Removing the hard drive from the laptop
In most laptops, accessing the hard drive is as easy as accessing RAM. Only in the latest, usually budget models of 2016-2017, in order to get to the RAM and hard drive, you need to disassemble the entire laptop.
Black screen when turning on laptop
In this article, we will consider the situation when, when you turn on the laptop, nothing appears on the screen at all, no inscriptions and numbers, only the fan rotates and NOT any reaction to key presses.
Most often, this situation means serious problems with the motherboard. But first things first.
One of the options is RAM
Next, you need to try experimenting with RAM. There are often cases when, after a banal rearrangement of modules, a laptop was safely started.
Just unscrew a few screws on the bottom of the laptop and slide off the cover that blocks access to the RAM.
Removing and swapping laptop RAM
If you have 2 memory modules, then pull out both of them and try to insert them one by one into different slots, each time we try to turn on the laptop.
If there is only one memory module, then just pull it out, wipe it with an ordinary eraser or, in extreme cases, with your hand, the contacts and insert into place.
What to do first
So, if the laptop does not show anything when you press the power button, then the first thing to start dealing with this problem is to remove the battery from it and after a few minutes try to turn it on directly from the outlet.
Removing the battery from the laptop
If all else fails
If, after completing all the above steps, your laptop did not start and is still in a black screen when turned on, this means that there are problems with the motherboard, which are unlikely to be solved at home without special equipment and skills.
Laptop motherboard bridges and video card
Most likely reasons:
- BIOS corruption;
- Failure of the video card / processor;
- Failure of the north / south bridge.
In the case of the last two options, the repair will cost about 100, depending on the installed processor or video card.
If you updated the BIOS or changed its settings before the problem appeared, then you need to Rollback all changes. For this, it is better to use an external monitor if there is an image on it when you exit:
- Turn on the laptop by connecting an external monitor to it.
- Go to BIOS (Delete or F2 key at startup).
- Press F9 or on the “Exit” tab select “Load Setup Defaults”.
In principle, these actions can be performed blindly, because all commands in the BIOS are entered from the keyboard, without the involvement of the mouse. After BIOS reset, disconnect the external monitor and check if the screen works.
Troubleshooting the problem yourself
Attention! We are NOT responsible for your actions. This article is for informational purposes only and has NOT won the Cup for Action.
The first step is to make sure the laptop is charged and the battery is working properly. Connect the laptop to the network (if it was running on battery power), wait a bit, and then try to turn it on again. If this time the screen lights up, then the problem most likely lies in the battery. Disconnect the laptop from the mains and try to turn it on from the battery again to make sure the problem is correctly identified.
If the laptop does not work either from the mains or from the battery, try resetting the hardware settings:
- Disconnecting the laptop from the outlet.
- We take out the battery from the device. In most modern laptops, removing the battery requires disassembling the case, which requires a special tool and knowledge. Better with a similar one Contact the professionals.
- Press the power key and hold it for about 20 seconds to remove the residual charge and reset the hardware settings.
- Put the battery back in place and try to turn on the laptop.
If these steps did not help to solve the problem and the screen remains black, then you need to check the physical health of the display.
When you turn on the laptop, the screen is black. Reasons and what to do
In this article, we will give an answer to the question why, when you turn on (boot, start) a laptop, a black screen and what to do for you in a similar situation. If it still beeps, then you will find the answer in the article Why the laptop beeps when turned on.
The laptop does not boot because the A black screen, or it starts up, makes a noise, but the screen does not turn on. the situation is not the most pleasant, moreover, it requires an immediate solution to the problem. This problem is common and, often, requires professional intervention, since K. One of the laptop components is damaged and needs to be repaired using special equipment.
7 (812) 953-94-11, 7 (921) 984-75-12 (Kamennoostrovsky prospect, 42, Petrogradskaya)
|General table of for laptop repair |
(Not tied to a specific model)
|Troubleshooting||IS FREE||15 minutes to 2 days||–|
|Laptop matrix replacement 15.6 “||Here’s 4500 to 10000||15 minutes to 2 days||Up to 90 days|
|Laptop matrix replacement 10.1 “||from 3500||15 minutes to 3 days||Up to 90 days|
|Rebollo or replacement Video chip (the problem is in the video card, there are images)||Here are 5500. 7500||1 to 10 days||Up to 90 days|
|There is a screen backlight (it will probably require repair or replacement of the inverter)||1500 to 3500||1 to 7 days||Up to 45 days|
|Moisture has got under the cabinet (cleaning or replacing components)||1500 to 6500||2 to 7 days||Up to 60 days|
|Replacing the hard drive (laptop won’t boot)||4500-5500||1 to 2 days||Up to 90 days|
|Reinstall Windows / Mac OS / Drivers (laptop buggy)||1500||1 hour to 2 days||Up to 30 days|
|Please note: the table shows the general for laptop repair without reference to any model and manufacturer. details can be found in our service center staff.|
Reasons why the screen remains black when you turn on the laptop
There are several reasons why you see a black screen instead of the desktop:
- Video card problem.
- Damage to the motherboard due to overheating of the device.
- Faulty loop or screen matrix.
- Battery failure.
- RAM failure.
- Incorrect hardware settings.
The last three problems can be dealt with at home; it is difficult to diagnose physical malfunction of laptop components on your own, so you have to contact a service center.
If when you press the power button, the screen remains black, but you can hear that the cooling system is working and you can see other signs of turning on the laptop, then try to connect an external monitor to it.
If a picture appears on the external monitor when the laptop is turned on, then the problem clearly lies in the laptop screen. Perhaps his matrix or cable is damaged, but you can hardly diagnose this yourself. But before you seek qualified help, try two more ways to fix the problem, described below.
Reinstalling the RAM module
Another prerequisite for the appearance of a black screen is a malfunction of the RAM module. This is especially true for a situation when liquid got on the laptop, after which it stopped turning on.
Important: The described actions are not recommended to be performed on your own if you have relevant experience.
- Unplug the laptop and remove the battery.
- Remove the bolts that hold the RAM cover. If there is a compartment, then you will have to remove the back panel of the laptop.
- Locate the RAM board and carefully remove it by bending the latches to the sides.
If none of the described methods helped to deal with the black screen when turning on the laptop, then the best solution would be to contact a specialist who can correctly diagnose the cause of the problem and quickly fix it.
The case when the laptop is working, but nothing is displayed on the screen, may be due to an outdated BIOS version of the motherboard. In this case, the following happens:
- A new generation operating system such as Windows 10 automatically installed new drivers for the video card;
- The power management scheme provided in the new software may not work correctly with the resources of the motherboard;
- When you turn on the laptop, the monitor does not turn on, but the power button is on, there is a sound of cooling, logging in. this shows that everything is working fine.
In this situation, the user sees only a black screen with a cursor. In Asus, Acer notebooks of old revisions, for the appearance of an image, it is enough to close and open the lid.
The reason why the laptop won’t boot and the fan is running might be due to a RAM failure. For instance:
- One of the planks came off due to the shaking of the device;
- Due to the periodic switched on after arrival from the frost, condensate and oxides formed inside the RAM connectors;
- Contact group of one of the memory lines oxidized.
To check the status of the RAM, you will have to dismantle the protective cover on the bottom of the laptop.
Before use, the laptop must be unplugged and the battery removed. After removing the cover (it can pry along the edges and go up or move towards the edge of the case), access to the RAM strips is opened. To remove them, you need to move the side clips. After that, the bar rises 45 degrees and is pulled out.
It is required to check the cleanliness of the connector, as well as the condition of the contact pads on the memory line. If there are traces of oxides, dirt. they are removed with alcohol, followed by a thorough rubbing with a regular school eraser for erasing a pencil. The strip in which the contact foil is wiped through must be replaced.
Installing the ruler is done upside-down. The strip is tightly inserted into the connector (its protrusion and the notch on the line of the memory contact group must match) at an angle of 45 degrees until it stops. After that, the RAM line is lowered slightly. You need to make sure that the clips fit into their regular places, in the recesses on the side panels of the plank.
The absence of an image on the display with clear signs of system operation may mean a failure of the video chip or central processor. Especially often this problem appears on Lenovo laptops.
Built on single-chip solutions, they can come out of standing due to strong overheating or static discharge to the external port. Unfortunately, this problem is diagnosed only in a service center. Getting rid of her will cost money. In the case of Lenovo. very impressive.
As a conclusion
Many information sources recommend resetting the laptop BIOS if it does not turn on or there is no image on the screen. This step does NOT seem rational. The fact is that before installing the modern operating system Windows 10, Windows 7, the service engineer could switch the operating mode of the disk controller to ACHI. When you reset the BIOS, the IDE value will be returned. In this case, the system will not be able to boot under any circumstances.
If you decide to overwrite the BIOS, you should refer to the instructions for the laptop. It contains all the data necessary to carry out this operation. Many laptops, including the already mentioned Lenovo brand, require pressing a special key or a combination of these to enter the BIOS. All the necessary information is stated in the instruction manual for a specific model.
Broken loop or failure of the backlight system
What to do if when the laptop boots up a black screen, the fan works, but nothing happens? The answer is simple: check the operation of the external output of the video card. To do this, an external monitor must be connected to the laptop. This can be done using the connector on the side panel.
If your laptop has a modern HDMI connector, you can plug it into your TV to test it. If the indicators are on, the coolers are noisy, and the image did not appear on the main screen and the external monitor. you should try to press the F6 button to forcibly switch to the connected image device.
A hard reset might help when the laptop turns on but the screen is black. It is done differently on SEPARATE manufacturer’s models. HP offers detailed instructions both on its website and in the documentation for your computer. In general, you need to proceed as follows:
- The laptop turns off and disconnects from the network;
- The battery is pulled out;
- The power button is pressed for 20 seconds or more. this is necessary to neutralize the remaining charge on the elements of the motherboard;
- The laptop is connected by the charger to the network and turns on.
For a double check, you can connect an external monitor or TV to the system. When turning on, you need to Watch: if the BIOS check lines appear on the device’s connection at startup, and there are images on the display, then the problem is in the laptop screen. A visit to the service center is required.
Black screen when turning on the laptop: causes and solutions
The situation when, when turning on the laptop, a black screen is not just unpleasant. This can disrupt the planned work, indicate the loss of data, the need for expensive repairs. However, a situation where a laptop does not turn on does not always mean an immediate crash. There may be a software or hardware failure that can be dealt with with minimal effort.
Newly installed software can be a prerequisite for malfunctioning video card drivers. In this scenario, when the laptop boots up, a black screen is displayed with no clear sign of a normal login as a prompt sound.
To remove recently installed programs, you need to boot into Safe Mode. For this:
- When the BIOS is finished loading, the F8 button is pressed;
- If the laptop does not display diagnostic messages, you can quickly press and release the button continuously immediately after turning on;
- When a text term with boot options appears on the screen, you should select Safe Mode.
After turning on the laptop in safe mode, you should uninstall recently installed programs. After rebooting, the system will be restored.
If the laptop does not start, not a single indicator is on, and the fans are not making noise, it is worth checking the battery status. For this, it is disconnected. The laptop is connected to a 220V network with a charger. If the system unit works in this mode, it means that an internal battery breakdown has occurred. It is enough to replace it to resume normal operation.
Black screen when turning on laptop. Black screen when turning on the laptop. today I will tell you what it can mean.
By the way, it is precisely the black screen when the laptop is turned on that makes users go to service centers and lay out a lot of money for problems that can be fixed on their own. In addition, unscrupulous service centers like to deceive their customers, for example, they removed the battery and put it back in after a while, it is possible that the laptop will work as if nothing had happened, and the user who DOES NOT understand this will be told that the problem was hardware filling and will break a large amount of money. Therefore, do not hesitate, and try to solve the problem yourself, of course, with a little help from this article.
First of all, you should remember that laptops and stationary PCs differ in many respects from each other, and not only in appearance. Laptop repair is a more time-consuming process, which can take a lot of energy from inexperienced users.
A black screen appears when the laptop is turned on for several reasons:
- There have been serious malfunctions in the operation of the north or south bridge, it is quite possible that the motherboard has overheated. In such cases, replacement of damaged bridges will be a lifesaver.
- Broken video card. When the PC is turned on, the windows boot sound may appear, the indicators may light up, indicating that the system is operating normally. The problem may be hidden in the backlight, as well as in the failure of the video card. Most often, owners of PCs with built-in video adapters complain of such symptoms. You will need to install a new video chip.
- Another possible option is a malfunction of the backlight lamp or matrix loop. You can check this option by connecting an external monitor, which will display the picture properly. In this case, the laptop will need to replace the flex cable, matrix or backlight system.
- Similar symptoms can appear in case of malfunctions with RAM.Try unplugging the power cord and battery (if not pulled out before), then Turn the laptop over and pull out the RAM and inspect it for oxidized and black spots. (read how to remove the RAM here.) If there are any, then most likely water was spilled on the laptop or it is another, no less serious hardware malfunction of your PC and I would recommend that you take it to a service center.
If the RAM has no complaints, see how many slots for RAM your laptop has. (It is also possible that the operative is soldered on the motherboard and there are no connectors) If there is 1 connector, then after taking a good look at the bracket, insert it back and try to turn on the PC again. If nothing has changed, then it is possible that the operational itself is out of order and you need to buy a new one. But it’s better to take the laptop to a service center, where they can determine what happened. If there are two slots, then try pulling out the memory bar from the first slot, insert it into the second, close the lid and turn on the laptop without a battery. Perhaps the problem arose because the slot stopped working. If you have two sticks of RAM, try to insert each one in turn in different slots. Perhaps one of the planks is out of order. Did not help? A trip to the service center is inevitable.
Also, watch the laptop. excessive noise from the cooler, strange sounds, overheating. all this indicates problems with hardware filling or the need for hardware cleaning.
The last one is the battery, which suddenly failed. Take out the battery and connect the laptop to power directly to check this version.
A black screen when the laptop is turned on may appear under the influence of various factors. factory defect, careless handling, etc. The most reliable data on the performance of a laptop can be obtained using precision equipment, which is located only in specialized service centers. Below you can watch a video about how the service center diagnoses laptops with a black screen when turned on. Good luck!
Troubleshooting BIOS Settings Issues
Difficulties are often caused by incorrectly entered parameters in the BIOS. In order not to waste a lot of time searching and correcting incorrectly entered parameters, it is recommended to simply roll back the settings to the default state.
It will be convenient during this procedure to use an additional display connected to the laptop, although all actions can be carried out blindly, but with a lack of experience it will be very difficult to do this.
To do this, you need to perform just a few of the following steps:
- Open BIOS, for this purpose, at startup, press “Del”, “F2”, “F10” or another button intended for this. You can clarify it by reading the accompanying documentation for the device;
- The menu will be displayed, unfortunately, not in Russian. But here even people who are completely unfamiliar with the English language should not worry. You just need to click on the “F9” button;
- Or in the top menu, which is separated by a strip, go to the “Exit” tab and highlight the inscription “Load Setup Defaults”;
In this case, the text of the line should turn white;
- Then, in the menu that opens, confirm your firmness in making a decision by clicking “Enter”;
- Then press “F10” and “Y” sequentially to close the BIOS with saving the entered adjustments;
- After restarting the PC, the standard OS greeting should already be displayed on its own screen.
If there is still only a black monitor in front of your eyes, you can proceed to the steps from the next chapter of this manual.
Laptop Secure Boot Procedure
The following steps must be taken:
- Press the power key of the laptop;
- Immediately after that, repeatedly click on the “F8” key (this button should be clarified, I read the accompanying documentation for the device, since manufacturers use different keys on different laptop models, but in most cases “F8” works)
- A dark screen with white lines in Russian will be displayed;
- Then call with the arrow buttons, while a white rectangle will flash while moving from graph to graph, highlighting the order of starting the PC;
- Set a quadrangle for the term “Safe Mode”;
- Click on “Input”;
- Wait until the OS starts up and the desktop is displayed;
- Done. The laptop is running in a harmless manner.
Procedure for detaching and reinstalling the planks
You need to do the following:
- Remove the adapter plug from the power socket, thereby ensuring complete isolation of the device from the mains;
- Further, following the instructions described above, remove the battery from the laptop;
- Armed with a suitable screwdriver, Unscrew the screws holding the cover of the unit where the operative is located;
- During the unscrewing process, it is necessary to carefully remember the initial location of each screw, since they have different lengths, otherwise difficulties may arise during assembly (or simply capture the entire procedure on a video that can be watched when controversial issues arise). That is why specialists always use a table with a large area when dismantling, where they can easily place all the removed screws in the sequence in which they must then be screwed back into place;
- The bar is fixed with special clamps on different sides, therefore, rather than making significant efforts, they must be bent;
- Disconnect the bar;
- Cleans slots and contacts of RAM;
- If there are additional slots, then insert the bracket into another slot. When installing, the click of the clips is usually well heard;
- Reassemble the laptop, carefully tightened all the screws;
- Insert the battery in its original place;
- Connect via adapter with power supply;
- Retry to start Windows on the laptop.
In the absence of a positive result after all the activities performed, if instead of starting the system, the user observes only a black screen, then modern software modification from the manufacturer’s resource can help.
Troubleshoot possible RAM problems
Difficulties of this kind are often caused by a malfunction of the RAM, while the module itself is probably damaged, or the problem may appear due to insufficiently tight contact in the slots.
The following activities will help resolve the issue:
- Disconnecting the RAM strap from the laptop;
- Cleaning the contacts of the slots on the module itself or modules, if there are several of them installed in the laptop;
- Test how the device will work after changing the installation locations of the RAM strips in other slots. If done correctly the PC will not squeak.
Note: this is a simple measure for Removing the RAM strips often helps, since usually a prerequisite for bad contacts is the presence of moisture on them, which may appear there.Not only when the user spills on the device, but also due to sudden temperature changes and the process of moisture condensation from ambient air.
Especially often people face such a problem in a frosty winter, when a mobile PC has to endure for a long time in low temperatures.
After bringing the device into a warm room, they immediately start to start it up, while it is covered with moist condensate from the air Not only outside, but also inside.
First, you need to think and remember what the user was doing with the PC before the failure occurred. Often, the boot problem is affected by some last installed application or game causing errors in Windows.
Then it won’t be difficult to fix the problem by booting in Safe Mode and rolling the OS back to the resume point. Below is a description of the recovery method in more detail.
You should also pay attention to commonplace things, such as whether there is a power supply to the laptop. Often the device cannot be started due to a completely dead battery.
In the case when the PC starts up normally after applying power through the AC adapter, it means that a simple battery replacement is required.
It should be noted that if in early models, for example, Asus and Acer Aspire, access to the battery was very simple and easy even for novice users, then some modern models require disassembling the case to get to the battery.
Also need to pay attention to the condition of the power cord. It must be free from defects, cuts, kinks and crushing.
If after installing the adapter into an outlet on the laptop, the indicator starts to light up, then this reason must also be excluded and go to the next step.
If it does not light up, then, firstly, you need to make sure that the outlet itself is working properly and electricity is supplied to it and, secondly, analyze the condition of the laptop adapter wires.
What should I do if all indicators light up normally, and the device cannot start? Further, it is necessary to exclude the influence of incorrect parameters of the hardware settings. This is also easy to do on your own by simply resetting them.
For this purpose, it is necessary to perform the following actions:
- Disconnect the device from the mains;
- Take out the battery;
- Press and DO NOT release the “Start” (not less than 15 seconds);
- This action will completely use up the small accumulated charge in the laptop;
- Install the battery in its original place (it is recommended to pre-clean the contacts and wipe them with a concentrated solution of ethyl alcohol)
- Connect to the power supply;
- Turn on the laptop;
- In the displayed menu, specify the normal Windows boot mode;
- Click on “Input”;
In the case when the device still refuses to turn on, it will proceed to the implementation of the recommendations from the next paragraph of this manual.
Safe Mode Failure Remediation Procedure
Perform several of the following steps:
- Name “Start”;
- Then go to “Programs”;
- Then enter the “Standard”;
- After that, open the “Service” section;
- Will be named “System Restore”;
- Check the box “Recommended recovery”;
- Click “Next”;
- Select a restore point;
- Name “Next”;
- In the menu that appears, click “Finish”;
- Wait until the end of the process;
- After the procedure and rebooting, the laptop will NOT crash with a black background, and the system will start in normal mode.
Troubleshooting a crash using bootable external media
The sequence of steps is as follows:
- Insert an optical disc into the drive or choose to connect a USB flash drive with a bootable distribution kit to the usb port;
- Then, when you restart the laptop, open the BIOS menu (the entry into this program is described in the instructions above)
- Set up laptop launch to external media;
- Exit BIOS while saving parameters;
- Now the machine will start from a USB flash drive or from a disk and the faulty files will NOT have an impact on boot;
- In the drop-down menu they will call “System Restore”;
- In the next window, DO NOT take any action, just click “Next”;
- Then, for the OS to restore the boot files on its own, it will be called “Startup Recovery”;
- Wait until the end of the process;
- Done. The problem is resolved.
Installing the latest BIOS version
Pre-specified the name of the laptop to the last letter, take the following sequential steps:
- Open the official resource on the world wide web of the device developer;
- Then go to the page with the software;
- In the search bar of the site, type the name of the laptop;
- Find and download the latest BIOS modification;
- Along with the distribution kit, the software installation manual will also be downloaded, after careful study, which the user can install the latest BIOS on his laptop.
What to do in case of such a failure?
If, when you turn on the laptop, a dark screen, and the user does not have special diagnostic equipment, and even more so proper experience, then entrusting the work to a master from a repair center will be a good solution.
However, with at least a little experience in handling computer equipment and a detailed guide in front of your eyes, with specific recommendations for eliminating the causes of errors, the laptop owner can not only save a significant part of the family budget (repairing mobile PCs is an expensive undertaking), but also master valuable skills, Which will repeatedly come to his aid in difficult situations, which often arise with digital technology.
Important note: All of the step-by-step instructions described below are presented for informational material only and do NOT call for their implementation at all. The author of the manual is NOT responsible for the careless actions of users.
Unfortunately, not all employees of service centers fulfill their duties in good faith. There are situations when the owner of a laptop gives a large sum for the elimination of minor problems. For example, after turning on the laptop, only a black square and a cursor may be displayed.
The first thing the wizard will do is to disconnect the battery from the device and leave it on the PC for the next day. The next day after installing all the removed components in place, the laptop sometimes starts to boot up and function normally again.
Of course, the owner of the computer will NOT be informed about this, but they will simply take money from him for an allegedly replaced hardware component.
It should be noted that the cost of components for laptops has never delighted anyone.
In the absence of problems with the hardware components of the PC, in the vast majority of cases, users can cope with software problems on their own.