System requirements for installing Windows 10
An internet connection is required to run the updated and certain features. Windows 10 Pro in S mode, Windows 10 Pro Education in S mode, Windows 10 Education in S mode, and Windows 10 Enterprise in S mode require an Internet connection during the initial device setup (OOBE) along with a Microsoft account ( MSA) or an Azure Activity Directory (AAD) account. Disconnecting on a Windows 10 device in S mode also requires an internet connection. You can find detailed information on S mode here.
Keeping Windows 10 up to date
- Your device may NOT receive updates if it uses incompatible hardware, does not have up-to-date drivers or free disk space, or if it has expired a support period from the original equipment manufacturer (“OEM”). Refer to the Windows Life Cycle Fact Sheet or Windows Device Life Cycle FAQ for more information on the Servicing Times for each feature update.
- Part of the required disk space will be reserved only for the duration of the update installation. Typically, ten days after installing the update, an automatic disk cleanup is performed, which removes copies of obsolete and unnecessary Windows files.
- However, not all devices support all the features included in the update.
- Internet connection is required to install updates; ISP rates apply.
- If you need help installing an update, try using the updated Windows 10 assistant.
Here’s an overview of information on how to find the PC specifications, edition, and languages available for Windows 10.
In addition to the above requirements, which are necessary for Windows to work, some features have additional requirements. In some cases, features included in Updated versions of Windows 10 will work best with new processors. For more information on hardware support, contact your original equipment manufacturer (OEM). Below is some additional information about the requirements that are required for key functions to work:
- BitLocker Drive Encryption (available in Windows 10 Pro or Windows 10 Enterprise only) requires a Trusted Platform Module (TPM) version 1.2 or higher and a BIOS or UEFI that meets TCG requirements. BitLocker can be used on devices without a TPM, but in such cases, the user needs to save the startup key to removable media such as a USB drive. If you want to automatically encrypt your local drive when you connect your device to Azure Active Directory (AAD), you need TPM 2.0 and InstantGo support. To see if the scenario you are interested in can be used, visit your device manufacturer’s website and check if it supports the required TPM version and InstantGo.
- BitLocker To Go requires a USB flash drive (Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Enterprise only).
- Client Hyper-V client requires a 64-bit system with SLAT support and an additional 2 GB of RAM (Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Enterprise only).
- Cortan is currently only available on the US, UK, PRC, France, Italy, Germany, Brazil, Mexico, Japan, Canada, Spain, Australia, and India edition of Windows 10.
- Certain features require a Microsoft account.
- Miracast requires Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM) 1.3 adapter and Wi-Fi adapter supporting Wi-Fi Direct.
- The Movies TV app is not available in all regions. An up-to-date list of regions can be found on the information page of the Cinema and TV website.
- Secure boot requires firmware that supports UEFI v2.3.1 Errata B and has a Microsoft Windows Certification Authority certificate in the UEFI signature database.
- Skype is only available in Select countries and regions. Calls Possible only to certain countries and regions. The service does not apply to special, special and non-geographic numbers. For more information, see the FAQ page in Office.
- Pinning: The number of pinned applications depends on the minimum allowed window resolution and is limited to two applications in tablet mode and four applications in computer mode.
- Speech recognition will work differently with different microphones. For the best speech recognition quality, you will need:
- High quality microphone array;
- Device Driver with Specified Microphone Spatial Specifications.
Find out the characteristics of a computer \ laptop using Windows tools.
Let’s start with the SIMplest and most understandable, right-click on the Computer shortcut, if there is no Computer shortcut on the desktop, click “Start” in the menu, find Computer, right-click select “Properties”.
In the window that opens, pay attention to the System field, it indicates which processor is installed, RAM, system type. If these numbers do NOT tell you anything, click on the Windows Performance Index.
If you are an experienced Windows user and would like to get more detailed information about the computer stuffing, for this you need to go to the Task Manager, for this click “Start Control Panel. Device Manager”.
If this information is not enough for you, you can use “System Information”, to do this, go to the path “Start. All Programs. Accessories. Utilities. System Information” or click “Start” and enter “information” in the search bar and select “System Information”.
Here you can find out a lot of information, such as the model of the motherboard, the type of processor, the BIOS version, the amount of RAM and much more Relating to not only hardware but also software.
How to view the parameters of a windows 10 laptop
In appearance, it is impossible to understand what kind of filling / hardware is in the computer or laptop, which is in front of you. And this can be very important, for example, if you:
All characteristics can be found using additional programs or using Windows tools. It should be noted that when using additional programs, you need to find them, download them, it is possible to install them, while many programs are paid, so I recommend learning how to use standard Windows tools with their help, you can Get all the basic characteristics of a computer / laptop.
Find out the characteristics of a computer \ laptop using third-party programs.
You can also use shareware third-party programs, for example ASTRA32.
To do this, download the latest version of the ASTRA32 program. In this example, I used the version without the installer. After the file has been downloaded, unzip the archive, open the folder, run the astra32.Exe file on behalf of the Administrator.
The ASTRA32 program window will open, in which all the characteristics of your computer or laptop.
In this article, I described various ways to find out the characteristics of the hardware of a computer / laptop, ranging from SIMple and Finishing in the most informative ways.
Programs for viewing computer characteristics
A variety of third-party programs let you know the detailed specifications of the PC The complete list of available applications cannot be even briefly described. Well, here are some of the most popular options below.
Official website: www.Cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html
Compared to competitors, CPU-Z is a small utility that allows you to quickly get data on installed components. Although it allows you to compare the power of your processor with competitors. Portable version of software can be used.
Official website: www.Piriform.com/speccy
The program is designed to view the characteristics of the computer and monitor the temperatures of components. It is popular due to its user-friendly interface and the ability to view general computer information. Developed by Piriform.
Basic information about your computer
In the properties of the computer, you can see basic information about your PC. The question is how to get into the classic arrangement of parameters. You need to select Properties from the context menu of the This computer icon. Everything seems to be very SIMple.
After a clean install of the operating system, the computer icon is hidden. You need to correctly add My Computer to the Windows 10 desktop. Unfortunately, you will NOT be able to go to properties from the usual shortcut.
Although you can still click on the This computer icon in the explorer and go to Properties. Well, or even easier, use the WinPauseBreak keyboard shortcut. See a table of all keyboard shortcuts on Windows 10 keyboard.
The updated parameters contain the same data about the user’s system and device. Navigate to Settings System On System. In the near future, these parameters will completely replace the classic control panel.
Classic Task Manager
With each update, the dispatcher gets new functionality. It can be used to monitor the load on the processor, memory, card and even disks. Use the shortcut CtrlStiftEsc and go to the Performance tab.
AIDA64. Graphics adapter properties
Used to view the properties and model of the card installed on the computer. Go to Settings System Display Display Adapter Properties 1. Now select the Properties tab for Display Adapter 1.
How to find out the specifications of your Windows 10 PC
The main characteristics of a computer include a processor, card, motherboard, and RAM. All data can be viewed with the introduction of built-in Windows 10 OS tools.
For example, to find out the power consumption indicator of components or memory timings, you will already have to use third-party programs to view the characteristics of your PC. Some of them are already installed.
Getting battery capacity information built-in Windows 10
But not everyone knows, but in Windows 10 you can get information about the passport and current battery capacity when fully charged, Using only the built-in OS tools.
- Run the command timeline, for this you can use the search in the taskbar.
- Enter the command powercfg / batteryreport
- As a result of its execution, you will receive a message about where the information about the battery was saved.
- Go to the specified folder and open the battery-report.html file (it will open in your default browser).
As a result, you will receive information about the battery of your laptop in a convenient form.
Despite the fact that the file is in English, most of the data is fairly easy to read. Among the fundamental information:
- In the Installed Batteries section. information about installed batteries and capacity information: in the Design Capacity field you will see the nameplate capacity, in the Full Charge Capacity field. the current battery capacity when fully charged. There is also the Cycle Count field. the number of battery cycles.
- The sections below clearly show how exactly the battery has been used in recent days and how its capacity has changed over time.
- The Battery Life Estimates section displays information about the expected battery life of the laptop when fully charged. By the way, might be interesting: How to enable showing battery life in Windows 10.
In some cases, all or part of the fields in the received battery information may be empty. This may be due to missing original chipset and power management drivers from the laptop manufacturer, or the lack of collected statistics (for example, if you work with the laptop only from the network).
How to check laptop battery capacity in Windows 10
If for one purpose or another you needed to find out the initial and current capacity of the laptop battery, you can do this in several ways: not only with the help of third-party programs, but also with the built-in means of Windows 10.
Learn more about determining laptop battery capacity, battery wear rate, and more information you may find useful in this SIMple guide. Also useful: What to do if your laptop won’t charge, How to find out the real Android battery capacity.
Using third-party programs to find out the battery capacity of a laptop
There are many paid and free programs that allow you to find out the characteristics of a computer or laptop, some of them display, among other things, the battery capacity and the degree of its wear. One of these programs is the popular AIDA64. The program is paid, but the information we are interested in is available in the free trial version. You can download AIDA64 from the official website https://www.Aida64.com/downloads
After starting the program, go to Computer. Power Options. There you will see the necessary information in the section “Battery Properties”.
- Battery nameplate capacity.
- Current capacity when fully charged.
- Current capacity (at current charge level).
- Battery wear rate.
And also some additional information that may be useful in various scenarios, for example, when the laptop is running low.
How to find out the characteristics of your computer on Windows 10
In this article, we’ll show you how to find out the characteristics of your computer using the built-in tools of Windows 10, as well as using third-party programs. This information can be useful when installing drivers, computer games or comparing configurations of different computers.
Method number 1. Computer information and Device Manager.
The easiest way to find out the basic specifications of your computer is to open the Computer Information window. This window can be done by following the path “Control Panel. System and Security. System” or by using the Windows Pause / Break key combination.
In the “Computer Information” window, you can find out the name of the processor, its clock frequency, and the amount of installed RAM. In addition, a lot of information about the operating system is available here. For example, Windows edition, bitness, computer name, workgroup name, etc. are indicated here.
In addition, on the right side of the “Computer Information” window there is a link to “Device Manager”, with which you can also find out some of the characteristics of your computer.
Provided that you have installed drivers, in the “Device Manager” you can find out the names of almost all components of your computer. Among which are processor, card, sound card, network card, etc.
But, if the drivers are not installed, then the “Device Manager” may not help you, because the computer components will be displayed as unknown devices.
Method number 2. DirectX Diagnostic Tool (dxdiag).
The DirectX Diagnostic Tool is a built-in utility in Windows 10 for detecting problems with DirectX. But, with its help, you can also find out all the basic characteristics of your computer. In order to open the “DirectX Diagnostic Tool” you need to press the WindowsR key combination, enter the “dxdiag” command and press Enter.
This will open the DirectX Diagnostic Tool window. Here you can see the manufacturer and name of the computer (often coincides with the manufacturer and name of the motherboard), information in the BIOS, the name of the processor and the amount of RAM.
If you go to the “Display” tab, you can find out some more information about the characteristics of your computer. In particular, the name of the card, monitor, resolution, etc. is indicated here.
As in the case of the “Device Manager”, if the drivers are not installed on the computer, then the information about the characteristics of the computer may not be complete.
Method number 3. Third-party programs.
If your computer does not have drivers installed or you need the most detailed information about the characteristics of your computer, then you cannot do without third-party programs. There are many different programs for viewing the characteristics of a computer. In this article, we will consider only a few of the most popular.
CPU-Z is a free program for viewing the characteristics of the processor and other computer components. With CPU-Z, you can find out the characteristics of the processor, motherboard, RAM and card.
GPU-Z is a free program for viewing the characteristics of the card and its current parameters (including temperature, cooler rotation speed, clock frequency of the chip and memory).
Speccy is a universal free program for viewing computer characteristics. With this program, you can find out almost any information on your computer. In this Speccy is SIMilar to the once popular program Everest.
Laptop battery report in Windows 10
In Windows 10 (however, in 8-ke this feature is also present) there is a way to Get a report with information on the status and use of a laptop or tablet battery. battery type, design and actual capacity when fully charged, the number of charging cycles, as well as view graphs and tables of device use on battery and on mains, capacity change during the last month.
This short guide explains how to do it, and what the data in the battery report represents (since even in the Russian version of Windows 10, the information is presented in English). See also: What to do if your laptop won’t charge.
It should be noted that full information can be seen only on laptops and tablets with supported hardware and original chipset drivers installed. For devices originally released with Windows 7, as well as without the necessary drivers, the method may NOT work or give incomplete information (as happened with me. incomplete information on one and no information on the second old laptop).
Generating a battery health report
In order to create a report on the battery of a computer or laptop, run the command term as an administrator (in Windows 10, the easiest way to do this is to use the right-click menu on the “Start” button).
After that enter the command powercfg.Batteryreport (possibly writing powercfg / batteryreport) and press Enter. For Windows 7, you can use the powercfg / energy command (moreover, it can also be used in Windows 10, 8 if the battery report does not provide the necessary information).
If everything went well, you will see a message stating that “The battery life report is saved in the C: \ Windows \ system32 \ battery-report.html folder.”.
Go to the C: \ Windows \ system32 \ folder and open the battery-report.html file with any browser (however, on one of my computers the file refused to open in Chrome for some reason, I had to use Microsoft Edge, and on the other. without problems).
View the battery report of a Windows 10 and 8 laptop or tablet
Note: As noted above, the information on my laptop is incomplete. If you have newer hardware and have all the drivers, you will also see information that is missing in the screenshots given.
At the top of the report, after the information on the laptop or tablet, the installed system and the BIOS version, in the Installed Battery section, you will see the following important information:
- Manufacturer. battery manufacturer.
- Chemistry. battery type.
- Design Capacity. initial capacity.
- Full Charge Capacity. current capacity when fully charged.
- Cycle Count. number of recharge cycles.
The Recent Usage and Battery Usage sections present battery usage data for the last three days, including remaining capacity and consumption graph.
The Usage History section in a tabular form displays data on the use of the device from the battery (Battery Duration) and the mains (AC Duration).
The Battery Capacity History section provides information on the change in battery capacity over the past month. The data may not be entirely accurate (for example, on some days, the current capacity may “increase”).
The Battery Life Estimates section displays information about the estimated operating time of the device when fully charged in the active state and in connected standby mode (as well as information about such time with the original battery capacity in the At Design Capacity column).
The last item in the report. Since OS Install displays information about the expected system battery life, calculated based on the use of a laptop or tablet since installing Windows 10 or 8 (not in the last 30 days).
What is it for? For example, to analyze the situation and capacity, if the laptop suddenly began to discharge quickly. Or, in order to find out how “charged” the battery is when buying a used laptop or tablet (or a device from a storefront). I hope this information will be useful to some of the readers.
Launching the Windows 10 Control Panel from the Start Menu
Click the following items in the menu:
Start All Programs Utilities-Windows Control Panel
Quick access to Control Panel in Windows from the keyboard
My favorite way is using the command via the “Run.” applet You can also type this command in the console.
Windows Control Panel Quick Launch
This method of opening Control Panel works in Windows 10, however it works for any version of Windows.
Hotkeys for calling a window with system properties
Winpause / Break. the keyboard shortcut calls system properties in any version of Windows from XP to Windows 10. The easiest and fastest way.
Opening system properties using a keyboard shortcut
Only two keys on the keyboard. In some laptop models, you will have to additionally hold down the Fn key, since Pause is there as an additional function on the Break key.
My Computer icon in Windows 10
Surely many people remember that in previous versions the icon “My Computer” was located on the desktop. And in the context menu of this icon there was the “Properties” item. So in this method we use the same icon. We can just drag it to the desktop with Drag-n-Drop and open the computer properties through its context menu.
This icon, of course, differs from the same “My Computer”, since in Windows 7 and earlier it was NOT a shortcut, but a special icon. Now we can only create a shortcut to it, which is why in the context menu you can see two items “Properties”. The second is just the properties of the shortcut, so the first is needed.
Through the control panel
System properties can also be opened through the control panel. Which can also be launched in two ways.
Through the command term
The same command is entered through the Windows 10 command term. It, in turn, can also be called through the “execute” applet, typed cmd
Through the “Run” applet
In this case, you can start viewing basic information about the computer using the command line or the “Run.” applet. The latter can be opened through the Start menu, or by the WinR key combination.
Command to open windows system properties
It is not difficult to remember it and in extreme situations it will work in any version of Windows, with the exception of XP. It works in the 10th version of the system, it will probably work in many more. It can be much faster than looking for where the developers removed access to the system properties this time. This command can be further SIMplified and SIMply typed
View basic information about your Windows computer
Windows system properties
Here is the version to version in Windows operating systems the interface is changed. The user has to get used to the new interface, which sometimes leads to difficulties in configuring the system. However, at a fundamental level, all Microsoft operating systems are NOT dramatically different. And all settings can be easily found in any version of Windows. Let’s consider this using the example of opening the system properties window in Windows 10.
Text command to launch basic properties of Windows 10 system
Perhaps someone will find it much more difficult than the previous method. It may seem useless. However, there are situations when it is impossible to press a key combination. For example, when connected to a computer remotely, using hotkeys may not be available.
How to view your computer settings using built-in tools
You can get information on your computer and operating system using the built-in Windows tools. The choice of service depends on what information you need: compressed or expanded.
AIDA64 Extreme: Paid Detailed Service
AIDA64 Extreme is a multifunctional product developed by FinalWire. Let’s say right away that the utility is not free. The Extreme version costs about 40, but for the first month each user can use it for free. The program really has something to boast of: it gives out accurate and detailed information about all hardware and software components of the PC, which can be packed into a separate txt text file or html or mhtml document.
In the program, you can save the report in a text document or html file
The user of this application can not only find out the detailed information, but also visit the official website of this or that equipment immediately to check if an update is available for the driver or software. In the utility window, you can test the hardware of your PC.
In the “Service” tab, run a disk, cache and memory test
The program is suitable not only for professionals, but also for beginners: it has a clear interface in Russian (you can change the language to another in the settings).
Change the language in the settings if necessary
There are two versions of Extreme: regular (with the utility installed on a PC) and portable. The latest version is the easiest to use, so download it:
- Go to the official download page for the portable version of AIDA. Scroll down the page a little. To the left of the Subscribe button there will be a link to download the archive. click on it. On the official website, click on the link to download the program archive
- Expanding the archive and find the executable file in the root folder with the “Application” type. Find and open the AIDA64 executable file
- The program will immediately notify you that It is not free and will tell you that there are 30 days of trial period left. Click OK. Click on OK to close the message window
- Expanding the first section “Computer”. In it, you can find out the details regarding your CPU (cache, chipset, frequency, etc.). In the “Overclocking” tab, you can see the data in the central bank, its buses and frequency
- Click on the “Power supply” tab in the left part of the window. Here we will get acquainted with the properties of the battery, as well as with its current charge. If you are interested in information on the battery of your PC, go to the section “Power supply”
- We move to the “Motherboard” menu. There you will find information on the motherboard (bus properties, manufacturer, links to download updates), BIOS, chipset, and again on the central bank (but not as detailed). The block “System board” contains data on BIOS, motherboard, chipset and more
- Go to the “Display” section. Information about adapters, GPU frequency, memory, etc. is available in the “Graphics processor” menu. Information on adapters is available in the “Graphics processor” section.
- In the “Multimedia” tab, we learn a lot of new audio controllers. as always, the section contains all the valid official links to download the update. The “Multimedia” contains data and sound controllers
- We switch to the “Data storage” menu. it contains a variety of information on the Hard disk, logical drives, optical drives, as well as a description of their drivers. The block “Data storage” contains all information on the Hard disk, optical drives and local disks
- The “Network” section contains information about all installed network adapters, including Bluetooth, Wi-Fi adapter and others. Move on. In the “Network” section you will find out the characteristics of network adapters
- Go to the “Devices” section. The information on the left will be formatted in the same way as in the standard “Device Manager“. Expanding any of the items, you will see the names of all hardware parts related to this category. In the “Devices” block you will find the same sections as in the “Device Manager“
- In the “USB Devices” section, we see all peripheral devices connected via the USB connector: mouse, keyboard, flash drive, etc. The following sections will tell you about system and software settings, errors in the operation of the “operating system” and much more. The block “USB devices” contains information about peripheral devices
How to use CPU-Z applications. In DirectX Diagnostic Tools
Directx is an important component of the system, which is required for games and other 3D applications. The built-in DirectX Diagnostic Tool allows you to diagnose component problems as well as see the main characteristics of PC “spare parts”:
- Open the Run panel on the display using the Win R combination. Copy and then paste the dxdiag code. click on “Enter” or on OK in the window. Paste the dxdiag command in an empty field and execute it
- The Diagnostic Tool window appears. The first tab contains data in the Windows version, processor, PC manufacturer, paging file, hard disk memory, BIOS firmware version, DirectX version and other useful information. Using the button “Save all information” you can create a separate file with all data about the system and PC. The “System” tab contains basic information about the PC and OS
- Go to the second tab at the top or click on the “Next page” button at the bottom of the window. In the “Screen” section, in the “Device” menu, the characteristics of the card are shown. In the “Screen” tab you will find the characteristics of the card
- The “Converter” block may also contain information about the adapter, but in another, if you have two hardware components installed for display. If you have another card, you can see information about it in the “Converter” section
- Read the specifications of your sound card in the Sound tab. In the “Sound” section, data in the sound card is available
Speccy: Russian interface and hardware temperature
Speccy is a product from a British developer called Piriform: less well-known than CCleaner, but just as useful. Free utility is able to get information on all hardware and software components of your computer: from the processor and hard drives and ending with the network and sound devices. The application shows the temperature of some components. In this case, in the program itself, you can change the interface language, for example, to Russian.
It is convenient to work in the Speccy program, because its interface is translated into Russian
The utility allows you to save information about your PC in a separate text document or in an xml file. An option is also available to quickly print information to the printer without saving a file. Another plus of the program is that it displays the processes of utilities that use the Internet on a PC.
In the “File” menu, you can save the information in the PC accessories in a specially text document
Perhaps the only drawback of this program is that during the installation you may be offered the installation of additional software, for example, an optimizer. You can refuse this installation.
The developer offers a choice of regular and portable versions. The latter differs in that it does not need to be installed on a PC. just run the file downloaded from the official resource. We will tell you how to download the portable version and use it:
- Go to the official page of Piriform and CCleaner. Click on the green Download button under the Portable version. Click on the second green Download button
- We are waiting for the download to start. If it does not start automatically, click on Start Download. Click on Start Download if the download has NOT started yet
- Open the downloaded archive through the Downloads panel. Run the archive through the downloads panel
- We launch one of the two executable files. The prefix 64 means that this version is for a 64-bit system. Open the Speccy application file in the archive
- We immediately change the language in the settings, since initially it is English. Click on View and select Options from the menu. Click on the Options item in the View menu
- In the drop-down menu for the language, click on Russian and save the changes. In the Language menu, click on Russian
- We return to the utility. In the first section, you will see extracts from all the information available in this program. general information about the processor, system, card, RAM, etc. The section with general information contains basic data about the system and PC
- The second tab contains the detailed characteristics of the “operating system”, as well as its settings, including power profile, protection status, current battery charge, version of Internet Explorer and much more. In the second tab, you will see Details of your OS
- In the “Central Processor” you can get acquainted with the details: number of CPU cores, processor cache size, core and bus frequencies, temperatures and much more. If you need data regarding the Central Bank, go directly to the third tab
- Some information on RAM is available in the “random access memory”: type, volume, access time, etc. In the data on the organized criminal group, you will find the type of “RAM”, its volume, the capacity of virtual memory and more.
- The “System Board” section contains compressed information on the motherboard, including the BIOS: version, brand, manufacturer, and more. The “System Board” contains some information about the motherboard and BIOS
- The section “Graphics Devices” combines information about the monitor (name, resolution, color depth, etc.), as well as information about installed cards. In this case, these are Intel HD Graphics 520 and NVIDIA GeForce 940M. “Graphics Devices” stores information about the PC display and cards
- In the “Data storage” tab, you can get acquainted with both the characteristics of hard drives and the statistics of their work (read error rate, search speed, etc.) along with an assessment of the state. In the “Data storage” tab you can see the performance rating of your Hard disk
- In “optical drives” you will learn about the features of your DVD drive: capabilities, media type, drive availability at the moment. The “Optical drives” section stores data in the DVD drive
- The “sound devices”, of course, contain information about the sound card, but here it is very scarce. only the names of the components. In “sound devices” there is only some data in the sound card
- In “Peripherals” you will find data in the mouse, keyboard, printer. If you need to know something about the devices that are currently connected to the PC (mouse, keyboard, etc.), go to the “Peripheral devices”
- The last tab “Network” provides information on the current connection to the Internet, as well as on network adapters and their settings (IP address, DNS server and much more). The “Network” contains data on network adapters
Open the “System” section or “DirectX Diagnostic Tool”. In “Device Manager”
If you need more detailed information about the hardware components of the PC (for example, the name of the card), go to the system window “Device Manager”. The data will be provided if you have installed drivers for the processor, card, network card and other “spare parts” of the device. If you do not have drivers installed on certain parts of the PC, they will be displayed as unknown devices. How to open the dispatcher, we will tell in the instructions:
- The dispatcher is launched in a variety of ways. The link to it is already in the “System” block, which we opened in the previous section through the “Control Panel”. By the way, the panel also has a link to it. A faster way is also available for the “ten”: right-click on the “Start” menu, and then select the dispatcher in the list. Click on the line “Device Manager” in the context menu “Start”
- The last way we’ll explain is the devmgmt.Msc code in the Run panel. Click on Win and R and enter the command in the “Open” line, and then execute it. Paste the devmgmt.Msc command into the empty line and click on OK
- In the list of hardware components, select the section that interests you and double-click to expand it. Look at the model names of the components, which indicate the main characteristics and the manufacturer. Look at the model names of your PC’s hardware
You can get detailed information about your PC in the PowerShell console. the system editor of the “tens”, SIMilar to the “Command line”:
- Call the console window via the “Start” context menu. right-click on the button and select the appropriate period in the menu (it can also be opened using the Win X key combination).
- If it doesn’t work, just enter a PowerShell query in the Search service. In “Search” enter a PowerShell query and open a console through the results
- Type it yourself or paste the systeminfo code. hit Enter right there. It will take a while for the console to gather system and PC information, so wait. Run the systeminfo command in the PowerShell console
- Check out the data that appeared in the blue editor: PC make and model, physical memory, processor, system type, network adapters, installed OS updates, and more. As a result, the console will show you important information about your PC and OS
CPU-Z: CPU test utility with English interface
CPU-Z is a SIMple utility for viewing the technical characteristics of a PC from the CPUID company: “RAM”, card, processor, motherboard. Let’s talk about its strengths:
- Works for free;
- Suitable for all Windows versions starting from version 98;
- Produced for Android smartphones;
- Shows the performance of the components after starting the test;
- Monitors the functional components of the PC to maintain their working condition;
- Quickly displays characteristics (while they are structured).
The main significant disadvantage of the utility is that it does not show information about the Hard Drive. The program also does not overclock the processor (this option is included in many other competing programs).
The CPU-Z program has an official Russian version, so it is suitable only for users who speak English
On the official resource, you can download only the English or Chinese version of the program. The Russian-language version can be found only on third-party resources, where other users can download an installer with a translated interface to the network. However, if you decide to download an unofficial utility, be very careful not to download a virus along with the application. We will consider downloading and using only the Official version:
- Switch to this official site. Download the program installer (it weighs just over 1.5 MB). click on the SETUP English button. Download the English version of the program. click on the first button on the left SETUP English
- On the next page, click Download. Open the file. Start downloading the file using the Download button
- Start the utility interface by double-clicking on the shortcut on the “Desktop”. Wait for the program to collect all the information about your device. We are waiting for the utility to receive all data about your PC
- In the first tab, you will immediately see information about the processor, core frequency (section Clocks Core), CPU cache (Cache). The CPU tab contains information about the processor
- The second tab, Cache, displays detailed information about the different cache levels (size, descriptor). In the Cache section you will find data in the cache, for example, the size for different levels
- In the Mainboard section, find out the characteristics of your PC’s motherboard: manufacturer, model, data in chips, BIOS version. Mainboard provides information on the motherboard
- In the Memory tab, read the description of the “RAM”: size, type, frequency. Memory contains the necessary data about RAM
- In the Graphics block Examine the specifications of your card if, for example, you need to decide if a cool toy is right for your PC. Graphics has map information
- In the Bench section, if necessary, test the central bank for performance (Bench CPU) or for stress resistance (Stress CPU). The test will run in single-core and multi-core modes. In Bench you can test your processor
http://comp-security.Net/%D1%85%D0%B0%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%BA%D1%82%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%B8%D1%81 % D1% 82% D0% B8% D0% BA% D0% B8-% D0% BA% D0% BE% D0% BC% D0% BF% D1% 8C% D1% 8E% D1% 82% D0% B5% D1% 80% D0% B0-% D0% BD% D0% B0-windows-10 /