Can I Transfer Photos from iPhone to Computer without iTunes?
Fortunately, yes, there is such an opportunity. And if we cannot throw off other files, then photos and videos are easy, literally in a few clicks:
- We connect the same Lighting cable;
- We are waiting for 5-15 seconds until the smartphone is detected by the computer. It may take longer and the operating system will automatically load the drivers for the device;
- Next, you should look at the screen of your smartphone, a window should appear asking whether you trust this PC. tap on the “Trust” button;
- An autostart window will pop up on the PC display, where you must select the item marked in the screenshot;
- If it does not appear, just go to “This computer” and open the device manually, it will have the name you specified, so you will not be confused.
- In the window that opens, go to “Internal Storage”;
- Then you should open the “DCIM” folder. It may contain other folders, but they already contain the photos themselves;
- Select the necessary photos, click on one of them with the right mouse button and select “Copy” in the context menu;
- Go to the folder where you want to drop them, right-click in an empty space and select “Paste” or use the “CTRL” “V” keys;
- Done! Wait for the download to complete and the photos will remain on your PC.
This method is ideal if you do not want to install iTunes and rarely use a PC.
We drop the photo through iTunes
You can transfer to your computer via iTunes only those photos that were uploaded to the device’s memory in the same way. In the “Photos” application, albums with such pictures are marked with the caption “From my computer”.
Camera images cannot be exported via iTunes.
If you need to upload a photo back to your computer using iTunes, proceed as follows:
With iPhone connected to PC, launch iTunes.
Go to the gadget control menu. to do this, click on the icon with the smartphone image.
In the “Settings” section, select the “Photo” tab.
Make sure there is a check mark next to “Synchronize”. If not, put.
In the “Copy photos from:” field, click on “New folder” (someone will have “Pictures”). In the drop-down menu, select “Select folder”.
Find the folder on your computer from which you downloaded the photos to the iPhone memory and select it.
Click the “Synchronize” button and wait for the operation to complete.
There is another, unpopular way to get photos stored on iPhone through iTunes. extract from a backup.
How to Transfer Photos/Videos from Android to Laptop/PC | Transfer Any Files from Android to PC
All local copies of data are stored in computer memory: for example, on Windows 7, they are located at UsernameAppDataRoamingApple ComputerMobileSyncBackup, and on Mac, at usernameLibraryApplication SupportMobileSyncBackup. Backups in a computer folder look something like this:
To work with iTunes backups, you need special software. for example, the iPhone Backup Extractor utility, which you can download here, will do. The need to master new software is the reason for the low popularity of this method.
Transferring files from iPhone to Windows PC is more difficult due to the need to install additional software.
Important! ITunes cannot transfer photos from the Camera album (which were taken on this device) and those that have not been transferred from PC to phone before. To solve this problem, use the alternative methods described below.
- Install iTunes.
- Connect iPhone to computer via cable.
- Confirm the connection on your phone by clicking “Trust”. Note! The device may require a password that is set to unlock.
- Click on the phone icon in the program window.
- Block “Settings” → Tab “Photo”.
- Check the box next to “Synchronize”.
- In the drop-down menu “Copy photos from:” select the folder from which you previously downloaded the photos to iPhone.
- Click the “Synchronize” button.
- You will find the photos in the specified folder.
Advice! You can upload photos to iPhone from PC using the same method.
FoneTrans for iOS
Run the program, then plug and connect your iPhone to your computer. After connecting your iPhone, please mark Trust on the screen of your iPhone, the program will display your iPhone automatically.
You can see all information about your iPhone on the interface after detecting your device. Click Photos from the left panel at the moment, you can preview all your photos on the page before transferring those photos from iPhone to PC.
Please note that you can double-click the photos to enlarge and view them.
Select photos. You can select one album or right click to check all.
Click Export to and select a folder. Click Export to and then select a local path to save photos, click OK.
Get photos from iPhone now. After moving pictures from iPhone to computer, you can delete photos from iPhone to free up your iPhone space right now.
If you only want to save your photos from iPhone to computer in JPEG format, you can go to Settings Photo Transfer to Mac or PC to do that automatically. If you set “Keep Originals” on iPhone or iPad, HEIC images will remain in the same aspect ratio.
Using iCloud Music Library
With this tool, photos from your phone will be available not only on MAC, PC, but also on iPad, Apple TV, iPod, etc.
- On apple devices, check that the OS X version is the most recent.
- After turning on iCloud, in the system settings MAC make sure that among the active components and services is marked “Photos”.
Click on the “Options” button in front of this section and check the items “Share iCloud Photos”, “iCloud Photo Library” and “My Photo Stream”.
Photos moved to iCloud take up a certain amount of space in the cloud. Therefore, make sure that the size of the online storage is sufficient for all your images.
- Download the iCloud Windows app on your computer or laptop.
The location of the upload and download directory can be changed using the “Photo Sharing” and “My Photo Stream” items. When connected to Wi-Fi, now all photos from the iPhone will be synchronized with the PC and deleted from the phone’s memory.
Photo Transfer Device. Leef iBridge 3
Did you know that there are special drives for the iPhone that can expand the disk space of the device? That is, you connect this drive and can save various information to it by downloading it from services or from the device itself. With the help of such a device, you can also transfer photos, since it can be connected both to the iPhone via Lighting, and to a PC via USB.
In general, as you can see, there are a lot of options for copying photos to a PC, but most of the users now prefer to carry out such actions through cloud services. Why, you ask? It is convenient, fast and safe. No one will enter the cloud service without your knowledge, and if you connect two-factor authorization, then they will not be able to hack you by brute-force, which together creates powerful protection. The only drawback is the traffic limit, if it is a mobile operator, but recently subscribers have been provided with a huge selection of tariffs with a large limit of traffic packages.
Download Photos from iPhone to PC with FoneTrans for iOS
- Transfer photos, videos, contacts, WhatsApp and other data with ease.
- Preview data before transmission.
- IPhone, iPad and iPod touch available.
With FoneTrans for iOS, you can transfer your data from iPhone to computer freely. You can not only transfer iPhone text messages to computer, but also transfer photos, videos and contacts to PC easily.
What do we need?
USB cable (some also call it a charging cord. it also serves this function). This can be a micro USB or USB Type-C cable. in this case, it does not matter. The main thing is to have the cable at your fingertips.
How to transfer a photo from a phone to a computer: step by step instructions
Most users use their own smartphone to take pictures, especially since some flagship touchscreen devices shoot so well that they will envy “soap dishes”. At the same time, not everyone knows how to transfer the resulting images to a computer. We’ll show you what to do.
How to transfer photos from phone to computer?
Now let’s get down to action.
First, connect the cable with one side to your smartphone and the other to a USB port on your computer or laptop. Then you will hear a beep about pairing devices. Now you need to unlock your smartphone in order for your computer to access it. On a smartphone screen with an unlocked screen, you can see something like the following:
If nothing appears on the screen after connecting, it does not matter. call the shutter and you will see a connection message.
After clicking, a menu will appear with the ability to select a connection.
What to choose from the list? Since we will be transferring images, select the item “Camera” or “Transfer photos” (we highlighted them above in the screenshots). In this case, you will not see unnecessary folders of the device’s file system, which can only interfere. However, if you want to transfer additional files, for example, some folders, then you need to select “File Manager” or “File Transfer”.
What are we doing all this for? Starting with Android 6.0 and higher, access to the file system of the device using a PC or laptop is closed until the user gives the go-ahead. And this was done in order to protect user data, because it will be impossible for third parties to get to the file system of the device, if its desktop is protected by a password or other type of protection. All in all, another useful step towards protecting against Android.
On the desktop of a computer or laptop, open the “Computer” section (or “My Computer”. as it is more convenient for anyone). Find our smartphone and double-click on it with the left mouse button.
Next, we open the internal memory of the device, because photos taken with a smartphone are usually saved on it. If images are saved on a memory card, select it. it will also be displayed.
Here is a list of photos. We select the ones you need, you can several (hold down the Ctrl key and select) or even all at once (CtrlA).
Press the right mouse button and select “Copy” (CtrlC) in the context menu. Or “Cut” (CtrlX). depends on the need.
Now you need to select a folder on your computer where you will transfer files. We have this, for example, the “Photos” folder located on the C drive. Open the folder, right-click on an empty space to bring up a menu, and select “Paste” (CtrlV).
Awaiting the transfer of images. It may take some time if there are a lot of photos.
If you need to transfer a photo to a smartphone from a computer, do the same, only the transfer will be carried out from a PC.
Friends! If our site helped you or you just liked it, you can help us develop and move on. To do this, you can:
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel.
- Subscribe to our group.
In some situations, it can be convenient to transfer photos from your phone to your laptop through cloud storage. Everything is simple here too.
- Install Google Drive, Dropbox or another similar application on your device;
- Run it and register (or log in with an already created account, if any);
- Select the photos in the Android file manager and select “Send” from the menu;
- Indicate in the list the required application with which you want to share content.
To automate the process, use the free Google Photo mobile app. It uploads photos from the DCIM folder to Google Photos, which can be easily accessed from your computer. If you install the service client on the laptop, the photos taken by the smartphone’s camera will be downloaded to the laptop automatically.
First, let’s see how to download a photo from a phone to a laptop via a cord (aka data cable). As a rule, such a cable is supplied with a mobile device and has two USB connectors. one micro for the phone and one ordinary one that connects to a charger or, if necessary, to a computer.
To transfer a photo from a mobile device to a laptop, follow these steps:
- We connect the gadget to the laptop using a cord, and then select the MTP mode and USB debugging;
- In Windows Explorer, follow the path This computer. Device name. Internal memory. DCIM. Camera;
- We copy the photos to the laptop using Explorer.
On different models, the path to the DCIM containing the photo directory may be different, for example, SDcard. DCIM or others. In any case, look for a folder named DCIM, as this is where Android saves photos by default. If you are using a third-party camera application, check the data save path, if it is different from the standard one.
Another way to transfer photos from your phone to your laptop is to use a regular microSD memory card. However, here you also need a card reader to insert the card into the laptop. Otherwise, everything is about the same as in the case of direct connection of the gadget to the laptop.
- Insert a memory card into your phone and copy photos from the DCIM folder to it;
- Remove the memory card from the mobile device and insert it into the card reader;
- Connect the card reader to the laptop, go through Explorer to the removable disk and copy the photos from it.
If there is a USB adapter available, you can try to connect a USB flash drive to the phone and copy data to it, but sometimes problems arise here due to write restrictions.
How to transfer a photo from a phone to a laptop. step by step instructions
Almost all modern phones are equipped with high-quality cameras that allow you to take high-definition photos and videos. Naturally, in many respects they are inferior to professional means of photo and video shooting, but this does not prevent them from being used at the household level. to capture an interesting moment, take a selfie, and the like. There is a special application to view the photos taken and images in general in smartphones, but it is much more interesting to admire the fruits of your creativity on the big screen of your computer or laptop.
Besides, the phone memory is not the best place for storing photos due to its small size, except from time to time to move files to a spacious memory card. But even so, transferring a photo from a phone to a laptop is often required to edit the footage or create a slideshow / presentation based on it. Today, this kind of transfer can be carried out in completely different ways, and in this article we will present the most convenient of them.
You can transfer photos from your phone to your laptop without using USB cables, external media, or Internet services. You just need to connect your smartphone and laptop to the same wireless network. The algorithm of actions is as follows:
- Install the EZ Explorer program on your phone and launch it;
- On the left in the menu, select the option Network and Cloud. Transfer to PC;
- In the server launch panel that opens on the right, click “Start”;
- Paste the given local IP address into the address bar of Windows Explorer and press enter;
- Go to the folder with the photos in Explorer and copy them using Windows.
There are also other applications for transferring files over a local wireless network, such as AirDroid and Shareit, but they are less convenient.
This method of data exchange is already outdated, so we will consider it only as a fallback. The main disadvantage of this technology is the low data transfer rate, which is why it, in fact, has lost its relevance. To transfer files you need:
- Turn on Bluetooth on both devices and make sure they can see each other;
- Perform pairing, confirming it with a code;
- On a laptop, right-click on the Bluetooth icon in the tray and select “Accept file”;
- Go to the folder with photos on your smartphone, mark the necessary photos, click “Send” and select Bluetooth from the list of applications;
- Give consent on the laptop to accept sent files.
The above are the main ways to download photos from your phone to your laptop. Which one looks more preferable, decide for yourself. Usually, users transfer photos via a USB cable. there are no pitfalls, it is enough to simply establish a wired connection between the devices. Slightly less convenient is the exchange of data using a removable storage device and via a local network. If automation is more important to you, use “clouds”. Finally, with small file sizes, it is quite appropriate to transfer via Bluetooth.
Ways to Transfer Files from Phone to PC
In this article, we will talk about the following ways to download pictures from a mobile device to a computer.
- By USB cable. the classic option. Its main advantage is speed and reliability. You do not need special programs to connect your phone to a PC, and the cable is included in the kit of any mobile gadget. In addition, data is transferred faster over the cable than over the network.
- Using an SD card or flash drive. Almost the same convenient and fast way of data transfer as the first one. If you have a USB flash drive or SD-card with a reader for connecting to a computer, but there is no USB cable, then it is better to use Honor.
- By bluetooth. This option is usually used when you have difficulty connecting to the Internet, and you do not have an SD card and a suitable cable. Slowest and most unstable way.
- Wi-Fi. Not the easiest, but versatile and fast method of data transfer. However, it requires the use of additional applications or services to send files from one device to another.
How to transfer photos using a cable
As stated above, a cable connection is the easiest and most reliable way to transfer photos from your mobile device to your computer. You don’t have to install any additional programs for this.
Regardless of the brand, be it ZTE, Samsung or Apple, all gadgets are equipped with mini-USB, USB-C or Lighting-wires.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer using a USB cable and wait for it to appear in Windows Explorer.
- On Windows 7 and newer versions of this operating system, the connected mobile device will appear in the “This / My Computer” menu.
- Open the folder with the name of the phone in the explorer and find the folder with photos in it. In the case of iOS, this is the / DCIM folder (like on many cameras). In the case of Android. SDcard / DCIM or Phone / DCIM, depending on the version.
- After that, just copy the pictures from your phone and paste to any folder on your computer.
AirDroid (free) is one of the first such programs that appeared during the “dawn” of the Android operating system and still works today. Application language. Russian.
- Open the app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Register an account.
- Select AirDroid Web.
- Open a browser on your computer and enter the address displayed in AirDroid into the search bar.
After that, an interface for uploading photos from Android will appear on the computer screen. It is enough to select the desired picture and click “Download”.
Mi Drop (Free). Despite the fact that this program was created by Xiaomi, it can be used on other gadgets as well. It will run without any problems on a conditional Huawei or ASUS. Application language. English.
- Open the app on your phone or tablet.
- Go to the side menu and click on the Connect to Computer button.
- Then open a browser on your PC and enter the address of the created FTP server there (it is displayed in Mi Drop).
- When connected, the system file manager will open, and it will contain all the files stored on the smartphone.
- Find the DCIM folder among them.
- Copy photos to your computer hard drive.
Pushbulet (free) is another similar program for transferring files between devices. Perhaps the fastest and easiest option of all, as it does not require unnecessary actions. It is enough to have a Google account or. Application language. English.
- Open Pushbullet on your mobile device.
- Sign in with your Google account or
- Open pushbullet.com on your computer.
- Log in using your Google account or
- On both devices, a chat window will open, in which you can correspond with yourself, sending both text messages and files.
- To send a photo, click on a paperclip and select a photo.
Wi-Fi data applications
Documents (free) is a Ukrainian development, which for a short time of its development received the title of almost the main file manager for Apple smartphones and tablets. The application language is Russian. Recently, Documents has the ability to transfer files from phone to computer and vice versa wirelessly.
- Open the Documents by Readdle app on your iOS device.
- Go to “Services”.
- Click on the Wi-Fi Transfer button.
- Open a web browser on your computer and go to docstransfer.com.
- Scan the QR code that appears on the monitor with your phone camera.
- Then on your computer, select the “Photos” folder and manually upload the photos you want (you can download whole albums at once).
All is ready!
Send Anywhere (free) is another application for sending photos from a mobile device to a computer, which works in a similar way to Documents. Application language. English.
To send snapshots via Send Anywhere, do the following:
- Open the Send Anywhere app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Mark photos to be sent to PC.
- Click on the “Submit” button.
- A special code will appear to access files on another device.
- Then open the send-anywhere.com website on your computer.
- Enter the six-digit code from your phone in your browser.
After that, the file (or several files) will be automatically loaded into the system.
Zapya (free). this service differs from the previous two by the need to install proprietary software not only on a phone or tablet, but also on a computer. This is justified by the principle of the service. The application language is English. To send a photo via you need:
- Open Zapya on your phone and select a photo to send.
- Click on the Send button in the lower right corner.
- Open Zapya on a Windows 7 or newer computer.
- Wait for Windows to appear on the radar in Zapya and select it.
After that, the document will be sent to the computer.
How to transfer photos from phone to computer
Why do people copy photos from smartphones to computers? Someone just stores them on a larger disk, someone wants to free up space on the phone, and someone edits them on a PC. There can be a lot of reasons, there are just as many ways to transfer pictures from one device to another. Let’s dwell on the most convenient and fastest.
Using a flash drive or memory card
Another method that can be used if your phone has a microSD card. To transfer a photo from it to a PC:
- Connect the card to the computer using a card reader (adapter device).
- Open “File Explorer”.
- Find the / DCIM folder on the map.
- Copy all the necessary photos from it.
The same goes for USB sticks. The only difference is that you first have to connect the flash drive to your smartphone via a USB-A to micro / mini-USB adapter and manually upload a photo to it. This process may look different depending on the device and file system. It usually consists in simply transferring files from one folder to another.
Pictures, as you remember, are stored in the / DCIM directory, and the folder of the connected flash drive can be called differently. After connecting to the phone, it will appear in the file and folder manager.
Unlike iOS, in Android, any service can transfer data over the network in the background, so the choice of cloud storage with automatic uploading of photos to the cloud is much greater.
The easiest way is to use the built-in Google Drive service. It is configured by default and automatically syncs all snapshots to the cloud, which means you don’t need to configure anything on your mobile device.
To transfer photos to PC using Google
All marked photos will appear in the “Downloads” folder on your computer.