Installing a widget with a flash player
The LV company is a pioneer in the field of creating smart TVs, and therefore has advanced the farthest. In particular, this concerns the distribution of the flash player program. It is available to every user for free. It remains only to find the version that fits the TV, download it and install.
Let’s see how this process takes place using a USB flash drive:
- First of all, you need to download the player program on your computer;
- Create a folder on the USB flash drive with the same name as the program;
- The next step is to unpack all information from the downloaded file and save it in a signed folder;
- You need to insert a USB flash drive with a widget when the TV is still in the off state, and turn it on;
- When the program appears in the general list, you need to install it following simple instructions.
The end of the process will symbolize the success of the Adobe Flash Player. If the player knocks out an error, it’s okay, because it is quite possible that the system simply did not have time to navigate, so you should restart the TV again. After that, the program will work at the proper level. If this does not happen, you can try to perform the same procedure through the players. Sometimes it helps.
How to update Adobe Flash Player on LG TV
Almost all modern LG TVs boast the presence of an advanced Smart TV system, which allows you to use the device as a personal computer, albeit with greatly reduced capabilities. But mainly Smart TV is intended for Internet access, therefore, for the normal operation of this system, special applications or widgets are required.
Where can I get them? For example, Adobe Flash Player can be downloaded directly from the TV, or you can use a more familiar way by downloading the program to your computer, sending the file to a formatted USB flash drive, and installing directly from it. Now the user will have access to social networks, the ability to view various content and many other useful functions. Including the ad that appears on the sites “Install Flash Player to view the content” will disappear.
There are several ways to solve this problem:
- Installing the correct widget;
- Flashing LG;
- Connecting a set-top box and searching for alternative servers.
What to do if Adobe Flash Player is out of date
The presence of the Flash Player is one of the main conditions for using Smart TV correctly. But, like any program, it needs updating. Firmware, as a rule, already has a built-in version of the player, therefore, in order to update it, you need to update the entire software, and not its separate component.
If you have the Internet, but do not want to completely change the firmware on your TV, you can try to find the version of the player, even without changing the software. Here’s an example of how you can do a similar procedure:
- Go to the TV menu. There should be a sub-item with information related to the software, which means that the firmware number is indicated. This is what we need. Therefore, write it down or remember it for further searches;
- The next thing to do is to go to the official LG website and clarify which version of the player is installed on the firmware, and what other versions can be supported;
- Find a suitable option, read its characteristics, and if everything suits you, start downloading. You can download directly from your TV or to a formatted media;
- Next, the installation process begins, followed by an update of the program. It will take quite a long time, so you have to wait.
Another useful moment for those who want to learn how to update a flash player on an LG TV without downloading firmware. You can find a lot of useful information on thematic forums. For example, users advise how to solve the problem with the latest firmware, which simply does not provide for the presence of a flash player. This problem is not easy for an inexperienced user to deal with without good advice.
If the software update cannot be avoided, connect the TV to the network and enable the update search function. If an update is found, it will be downloaded and installed, the main thing is not to disconnect the device from the network and follow the instructions in time. Just make sure that the firmware bundle includes a flash player, and not HTML5, on which too few sites are currently running.
How to update the WEB browser on LG Smart TV. instructions
How do I update the browser on my LG Smart TV and why do I need to do it? In 2021, a person does not need to have a computer to search for something on the Internet. In some cases, a TV is enough, especially if you are a fan of good films and programs. In modern TV, one of the main services is a search engine, through which it is possible to find any show and watch it on the big screen. But not everyone knows that it should be updated regularly.
How to update web browser via LG Smart TV menu
Updating the browser on your LG Smart TV is another important step in TV home administration.
How to download and install the browser on LG Smart TV
If you do not have a pre-installed utility, or you want to replace it, then use the instructions below:
- create an account at www.LG.com/ru;
- it is best to create a profile using a PC, laptop or smartphone;
- but the registration procedure is also available on the TV via the menu path “Smart TV” → “Profile” → “Registration”;
- here you enter a little information about yourself. e-mail, phone number, name;
- on TV, log into your account;
- launch the “LG Smart World” software.
- select the one you want to use from the list of suggested browsers and click “Install”;
- if this add-on is paid, then enter the details of your plastic card and pay;
- free will be automatically installed in the presence of the Internet and free space.
Automatic method via the Internet
If you care about your comForte and technique, use this guide:
- point the remote at the TV, and click the Settings button;
- there select “Support”;
- then go to the “Software update” section;
- it will show if there are new versions of programs or systems on your interface;
- if so, check your internet connection and install them.
The update file is approximately 500 megabytes in size. After all the updates, reboot the equipment and continue using in standard mode.
What to do if you have problems after updating?
No one is immune from unexpected troubles and incomprehensible problems. They are especially scary if you are installing or updating for the first time, and do not yet understand all the processes.
Features of LG TV
To understand the principle of operation of this type of TV, and to evaluate the principle of operation, we suggest that you familiarize yourself with the features of LG TV:
- LG smart TVs with the ability to surf the Internet;
- the developers have implemented a full-fledged built-in Internet browser;
- software is pre-installed by developers;
- the default search engine can be set manually;
- instant access to popular social networks Skype and Picasa;
- open access to the popular video hosting YouTube thanks to the built-in proprietary utility;
- active VoD services (video on demand). videos on demand;
- games that will help while away your free time;
- widgets for news, weather, TV programs;
- more than 300 different applications. games for children, weather forecasts, horoscopes, traffic jams;
- SS IPTV and more.
LG Smart TV: How to Update System/Firmware Software Version
LG web browser won’t launch
If the utility does not start at all, then most likely you did something wrong during the installation process. Delete the current version, and reinstall it.
How to update web browser via LG Smart TV menu
The user has two options for updating the browser: automatically and manually (using third-party media). In this case, both options are carried out exclusively through the main menu of LG Smart TV.
An exception is a third-party browser installed on the TV. For example, Opera, Google Chrome or other. In this case, the update occurs through the settings menu of the browser itself.
It’s also worth noting that the web browser update file is included in one generic update package for LG Smart TV. Therefore, when you update your online browser, you will automatically update the rest of your TV’s toolbox as well. Consider both update methods.
If you are thinking about which browser to use after all, built-in or downloaded, I can share my own experience. In any case, the browser will not be immune from errors and crashes. Speaking about the distinctive features, the built-in web browser integrates better with all LG Smart TV tools, but is more likely to suffer from the problem of insufficient memory. The downloaded browser is easier to update, since there is no need to update the entire firmware of the TV, but for it to work correctly, you will have to additionally install accompanying extensions, for example, Adobe Flash Player.
Automatic option to update the web browser via the Internet
The method is relevant only if your LG TV is connected to the Internet via Wi-Fi or using an Ethernet cable:
- Press the SETTINGS button on the remote control. The main settings menu appears on the TV screen.
The SETTINGS button may be located in different places (depending on the TV / remote control model)
Confirmation of actions is carried out by the “OK” button on the TV remote control
After clicking the “Check” button, not only an automatic search for a new firmware version will start, but also its download
During the update, the TV is able to turn off / turn on several times
The web browser cannot connect to the internet
This crash occurs as a result of the TV not being able to import the old web browser settings into its updated version. The only way out of this situation is to reset browser settings to the “default” operating mode:
- Open your web browser.
- Go to the menu “Settings” / “General” and select “Reset settings”.
over, if you try to open one of the bookmark pages, it will open in offline mode
LG web browser won’t launch
When you try to launch an updated web browser, it either does not react in any way, or it gives an error of the type Critical Programming Error.
The error is always in English, even if the TV interface is in Russian
Such a failure occurs if the software was updated manually using removable media. The reason is that the LG built-in system cannot recognize the new version of the web browser. Therefore, the user needs to initialize manually, i.e. synchronize the equipment with the LG servers:
- In the TV menu (SETTINGS button) go to the “Support” options and select “Initialization”.
After completing the process, your TV will automatically restart
Option to manually update the web browser using removable media
The relevance of the proposed update method is appropriate, provided that the TV does not have an Internet connection. In this case, you can use a USB flash drive or removable HDD as a “boot disk”, having previously downloaded the installation package with the LG Smart TV firmware onto the media. You will need to carry out a number of simple steps:
- Turn on the TV, open its main settings menu and find out the exact name of its model and the version of the current software firmware in the “Product / Service Information” tab.
The name of the TV model and the version of the current software firmware can also be located in the “General” / “TV information” tab (depending on the TV model)
You can also find your TV model using the “Category Search”
You can also find the model number on the technical sticker located on the back of the TV.
By clicking “Details” you can see all the changes for the firmware version
The folder must be created only after formatting the USB flash drive or removable HDD
You can unpack the file using the WinZip utility (or another similar one)
The automatic update from the media will start immediately after you confirm the start of the process
Need to update web browser on LG Smart TV
Since most of the functionality of LG Smart TV is tied to the work of the built-in in-system browser, it must be regularly updated. This is especially true when LG, together with other suppliers of additional software, releases new versions of certain components / tools for its TVs. This “instrumental” update usually introduces a number of changes to applications and system settings that may become incompatible with the current version of the browser. And in this case, the user may face a number of technical problems:
- long browser loading. The waiting time for launch, response and loading of pages / tabs / applications may increase;
- blocking the IP addresses of a number of online resources. Due to a failure in the database of the “blacklist of malicious sites”, individual sites may stop loading;
- violation of the browser-based Adobe Flash Player. For this reason, media files may not be displayed: pictures, videos, etc.;
- other problems that may depend on the specific TV model.
One of the problems of an untimely browser update can be a malfunction of the Adobe Flash Player, due to which only a white screen will appear when trying to play a video.
How to update the software on LG TV via the Internet
Updating the firmware of your LG TV via the Internet is one of the easiest and most affordable ways to solve most of the problems with system problems on your TV. In order to start the procedure, you need a minimum:
The confidence that they will not turn off the electricity at the most inopportune moment;
And also, some free time to control the procedure.
By the way, it doesn’t even matter how the Internet is connected. The main thing is that the connection is not interrupted when the procedure for searching and installing updates takes place, otherwise an attempt to update the firmware may bring disastrous results for your TV.
Best of all, of course, if you use a Wi-Fi network. The further procedure is the same when trying to flash a Philips TV, as well as for flashing any other device, including from LG. So, here is a list of the next steps:
Be sure to find the main menu. To go to it, you need to find the “Settings” button on the remote control. But it will only be available if the user has a regular control panel;
If there is no button mentioned above, you can use the “Input” key. It will also open a menu from where you need to go to the device’s firmware without using any extraneous means;
If the set with the TV came with the “Remote magic” remote control, then you can use the hexagonal icon to go to the Smart menu;
Having figured out how to enter the menu, you need to start updating the software by selecting a sub-item called “General”, and by going to the item “General information about the TV”;
The list contains the line “Check for updates”, and it is this line that you need to click;
If there is new software for your device, then it will definitely appear on the monitor, and if the firmware is not outdated, then the system will not need updates, which will be reported;
If there are updates, then to download them, you just need to click on “Ok”. And in order for the programs to be updated automatically, in front of the “Allow automatic updates” item, check the box.
How to update the firmware on an LG TV
Why do I need to update the firmware on my TV? First of all, this manipulation will noticeably improve his work, which is already a significant reason to find the time and make such a necessary procedure. On devices such as LG Smart TV, uninterrupted operation is very important, because the technology is not cheap, and it would be very disappointing if it stops working solely because the user could not properly take care of the system, which is why it malfunctioned.
In addition, flashing sometimes adds many interesting functions that allow you to work better on the Internet, watch movies online, and do a lot of other manipulations.
As with most modern TVs, there are two ways on LG TVs to help with flashing:
LG TV software update via Internet;
Updating the firmware using a USB stick.
Each option, as it should be, has its own disadvantages and advantages.
Firmware firmware on Philips TVs
Let’s take a look at how to install updates on Philips TV, given that they are the second most popular devices after LG, so users will be interested to hear about this procedure. Here the instruction is much less.
The first thing to do is open the Smart TV menu;
In the “Installations” there is a sub-item “Update software”;
If there is a new version of the firmware, then you can press the confirmation, which will start the search for new programs. Only “Internet” should be selected as source;
When they are found, all that remains is to download the desired package to the Phillips TV, and wait about an hour for it to load. Only then can you start installing.
Updating LG TV from a USB flash drive
If there are problems with Internet access on the TV, the method with a flash drive is the most profitable, since you will not need to worry if the connection is interrupted or some other unforeseen situation occurs. The whole point of this method is to go to the official website of LG and download the software package.
Amazingly, firmware alone can create a miracle and make a previously not-so-well-functioning Smart TV a full-fledged device. Problems with the Internet may even disappear, of course, if the TV “did not see” the presence of a connection, although it was.
So how do you update the software on your TV if the internet isn’t working? Download it on your computer.
Log into the official LG website. As a rule, there is the latest firmware for each TV model;
Format the USB flash drive on the LG TV, otherwise the device will not see it;
Open the firmware file and copy it to a USB flash drive;
Connect this flash drive to your TV and install updates.
But before all this, you should clarify the LG model, and be sure to see what version of the firmware is on it at the moment. All this information can be obtained by going to the “General” section of the menu and select “TV Information”. It contains information about the TV model and software version. If the software is outdated, be sure to update it.
From a flash drive
The second way to update your LG Smart TV looks a little more complicated. Indeed, to implement this process, the owner of a TV receiver will need not only a TV receiver and access to the network, but also a personal computer / laptop, as well as a “clean” (no recordings) USB drive with a capacity of one gigabyte or more.
In addition, with this OS update option, the user will have to find out the software version installed on the device and the model number of his device.
This is not at all difficult to do. We just pick up the remote control and go to the menu:
- we activate “Settings”;
- go to the “General” category;
- click on the link “TV Information”.
It is in this paragraph that the model number and the version of the firmware currently installed on the Smart TV receiver will be indicated.
It is not necessary to record this data. Just do not turn off the TV so that the digital model number and software version are in front of your eyes.
- We turn on the computer / laptop and go online through any browser.
- We drive into the search bar the address of the official website of LG.
- In the top menu of this site, look for the “Support” tab and activate the link “Software downloads and manual”.
- In the search box, select the model of your TV.
- Go to the very bottom of the opened window to activate the “Software Updates” button.
This section lists all existing software versions for your TV receiver. In this case, the most recent firmware is always at the top of the list that opens. Compare the number of this update with the version of the shell installed on your TV receiver.
If the numbers match, then there is no need to update the Smart TV software at the moment. If a new firmware is posted on the official website, then we act according to the step-by-step instructions:
- download the archive of the new firmware from the official website to your computer desktop;
- create a folder on the desktop called “LG_DTV”;
- unpack the downloaded archive into the created folder;
- connect the USB flash drive to the computer / laptop and open the “My Computer” tab to format the USB drive using the FAT-32 file system (recommended);
- at the end of the formation, open the removable disk and drag the folder with the new firmware onto it.
After that, you can proceed to the direct update of the shell on the TV itself:
- remove the USB flash drive from the PC and insert the USB drive into the corresponding socket on the TV receiver, which at this moment it is desirable to turn off;
- turn on the TV, on the screen of which the following notification “Found a new update” should appear;
- we confirm the process of installing the new firmware by activating the “Install” button using the remote control;
- at the end of the installation, the TV will reboot on its own, and after turning it on, a message about installing a new firmware version should appear in the upper right corner of the screen.
It is strictly forbidden to disconnect the Smart TV from electricity, pull the USB flash drive out of the socket before the end of the process and click the buttons on the remote control during the software update via the USB drive in order to exclude the appearance of a serious system error, due to which you will have to reinstall the operating system.
How to update your LG Smart TV: step by step guide
Many owners of modern LG TVs often simply do not understand why, when and how they need to upgrade their TVs. First, the stable operation of all digital devices capable of accessing the Internet depends on software that is updated from time to time. Secondly, it is recommended to update the software every time a new LG Smart TV firmware appears on the manufacturer’s official website. Thirdly, installing updates on the TV is not difficult if the user carefully studies the step-by-step instructions set out in this article.
Through the Internet
The easiest way to update the old version of the software on your LG Smart TV is via the Internet. If your TV receiver has a stable connection to the network via a Wi-Fi router or a network cable, then feel free to pick up the remote control and proceed as follows:
- go to the settings menu (the Settings button or the “Gear” icon on the screen);
- select the button “General” (“Settings”);
- go to the section “Information about the TV” (“Information about the product / service”);
- activate the link “Check for updates”.
After that, the TV will independently connect to the official LG website to check for updates. If a new firmware version is not found, the following message will appear on the screen “Updates not found”.
Otherwise, the user will see the following notification “Update found” with a proposal to install this firmware version. If such a message appears on the screen, then we confirm our actions. using the remote control, we activate the “Update” button. We are waiting for the end of the process of installing a new shell, which should end by rebooting the device.
It is strictly forbidden to disconnect the TV from the mains during the process of updating and installing the software in order to avoid the appearance of a system error and expensive repairs in the form of reinstalling the OS.
The update process can be made automatic if, after installing the new shell, go to the “Information about the TV” section again and check the box of the “Allow automatic update” button. After that, the TV receiver will independently check and install new firmware, notifying the user about its actions using the inscription on the screen. This alert will warn the owner of the TV that a new version of the software shell will be installed the next time the device is turned on.
How to find the right firmware version
At the moment, there are many resources on the Internet that offer “unique” firmware for Smart TVs. However, the consequences of installing a software product from questionable sites can be very dire. from partial to complete breakdown of a digital device.
Therefore, you need to look for new firmware for TV receivers on the official websites of manufacturing companies. For LG TVs, such an Internet site will be a resource located at http://www.LG.com/. The user just needs to go to this site to:
- enter your TV model into the search bar;
- activate the search button;
- in the window that opens, click on the line “Support”;
- go to the item “ON”.
If all these operations were carried out correctly, the screen will display the latest updates for your TV. We select the “latest” version of the binder, and then download and install the optimal Webos update on your TV in two available ways.
How to restart LG Smart TV and reset to factory settings
If something went wrong during the software update, the user can try to reboot their LG Smart TV to reset the OS to its original settings.
This function helps the user to correct possible problems with the installed update by returning the TV receiver software to factory settings. In this case, you need to act according to the following scheme:
- turn off the TV;
- turn on the device again;
- using the remote control, go to the settings menu;
- select the sub-item “General” (“Settings”);
- activate the “Reset to Initial Settings” button;
- we confirm our action using the “OK” button that appears;
- we are waiting for the completion of the process, at the end of which the TV should restart.
It is strictly forbidden to disconnect the TV from the power supply during this process.
I would like to note that updating modern LG TVs will not cause any difficulties and will be absolutely safe for the TV set if the user:
- Will download new firmware only from the manufacturer’s official website.
- The TV will not be disconnected from the power supply during the update installation.
- The owner of the device will calmly wait for the installation of the new firmware and will not click the buttons on the TV remote during this wait.
How to install browser on LG Smart TV
Modern LG TVs are high-tech devices with a wide option that combines the functions of a TV tuner, a computer and a multimedia platform. All this became possible thanks to the introduction of the Smart TV function, which made it possible to connect the TV to the Internet.
Smart-TV allows you to watch videos via YouTube, TV series on streaming services, chat in instant messengers and play games. The big brands are releasing their own Smart TV platforms, and LG has the webOS operating system. In addition to the intuitive interface and ease of use, an important advantage of webOS is the presence of additional software. applications that the owner can download and install on their own, customizing the functionality of the LG TV to suit their own needs and interests.
When using LG Smart TV for the first time, many users have a question, how to download and install the browser on the TV? This is not difficult to do. Installing the browser on the TV does not take much time and does not require special knowledge and skills, since the manufacturers have taken care of the users. In addition, the software on any equipment becomes obsolete over time, as manufacturers improve technologies and release more and more new firmware, eliminating bugs and adding new options. So you need to update the browser on your LG TV regularly in order for it to work stably.
Let’s take a closer look at the main methods of installing a browser on an LG TV:
Important: Do not turn off the TV before the end of the download process and do not press any buttons on the remote control (for example, the keys for switching programs, volume, etc.), otherwise the software will not be installed correctly.
You can install the browser on your LG Smart-TV from an external medium, for example, a flash drive. Make sure there is no information on the media. It is best to format it before starting work. Then you need to go to the LG website in the section “Software”. select your TV model and download the latest version update.
Next, you need to insert the USB drive into the TV (USB ports are usually located on the rear panel), wait until the screen displays the message “Found a new installation file”. After that, the download will be performed automatically, or (depending on the model) simple instructions will appear on the TV screen that must be followed.
Important: do not remove the USB flash drive from the TV until the installation process is complete. Make sure that you are going to install licensed software from the official website on your TV. Otherwise, the software may harm your equipment.
First you need to make sure that the TV is connected to the Internet in any of the ways (using a cable, wi-fi or mobile Internet). Access to the Network must be reliable, and the speed must be fast, since the file with the software usually occupies at least 500 megabits.
- Press the Settings button on the remote control.
- Select “Support”.
- Find the “Update” section. If there are any updates available for your LG TV model, click Install.
- Do not turn off the TV until the software installation process is complete.
What to do if after installing the browser on Lg Smart TV having problems?
If after installing or updating the browser, your LG TV starts to work intermittently or malfunctions, you need to initialize. This will require:
- Find the “Support” section in the menu.
- Go to the item “Application Initialization”.
- Select from the list the application that you want to initialize (for example, the Google Chrome browser) and confirm the action with the OK button.
After that, you need to wait for your LG TV to reboot or force it to reboot. Browser crashes should be gone.
If this does not work, we recommend contacting an official LG Service Center.
We update the firmware on the LG TV (Smart TV) via the Internet, or from a USB flash drive
Hey! If you went to this page, then most likely you are interested in the question of how to update the firmware on your TV. You have come to the address. In this article, I will tell and show in screenshots how to update the firmware on an LG TV (Smart TV). I think this guide will work for all LG TVs.
I will show on the example of the LG 32LN575U model. I have updated the firmware on this TV twice already. over, in two different ways: the first time directly, via the Internet. And the second time from a USB flash drive.
To make our instruction clear, we will divide it into three parts:
- Preparing to update the firmware.
- Updating the software on your LG TV directly via the Internet.
- Firmware update on LG (Smart TV) from USB stick.
It seems to me that this will be convenient and understandable. Yes, and I will not be confused
Preparing to update the TV firmware
At this stage, we need to learn and understand two things.
We need to find out the model of our TV. But, if you are going to update the firmware directly via the Internet, then this is not necessary. If you update from a flash drive, then you need to find out the exact model. And best of all, watch it in your TV settings. And at the same time, we will see the current version of our firmware.
Press the SETTINGS button on the remote control.
In the menu, go to the Support tab, and select Info. about product / service.
A window will open in which we will see the TV model (mine is 32LN575U-ZE). and the current firmware version (item Software version).
You can leave these settings open for now, rewrite the model and the current software version on a piece of paper, or take a picture on your phone, as I would
You must understand that the firmware (not only of the TV, but also of any device). this is serious. And you need to follow strictly the instructions so as not to turn your TV into a brick. Although no, what a brick from the TV, rather a concrete slab
Well, you get the idea, you can “kill” the TV if you don’t follow the instructions. During the firmware process, on the TV, there will also be different security instructions. Here are the main ones:
- Do not turn off the TV while flashing.
- If you update from a USB flash drive, make sure that the firmware that you will download from the manufacturer’s websites is for your model.
- When the firmware is in progress, do not pull the USB flash drive from the TV.
- And in general, it’s better not to press or touch anything.
Updating the software on your LG TV directly via the Internet
This is a very simple and convenient way. The main requirement is that your TV is connected to the Internet. Good, fast and preferably unlimited internet. The TV itself will download the necessary software (software) and install it. I noticed that the firmware takes an average of 500 MB. At least for the 32LN575U model.
If you have already connected the Internet to TV, then you can check if there are any updates.
Press the SETTINGS button on the remote again (screenshot at the beginning of the article) and go to the Support tab. Select the item Software Update.
We see the current software version there. To check (is there a new version). click on the button Check for an update.
If there is a new software, a window will appear in which the version will be indicated. In order to start updates, just click on the Update button.
The download process will begin. You can hide it, and continue to watch TV, for example. When the software is fully loaded, the update process will begin. Then it is better not to touch anything, the TV will turn off and on by itself. That’s it, the update process is over. You can go to the settings again and make sure that you have a new software version.
If the TV is connected to the Internet all the time, and the update is turned on, then if there is a new version of the software, a window will appear prompting you to update the software.
Firmware update on LG (Smart TV) from USB stick
If it is not possible to update directly, then you can do everything from a USB flash drive. The essence of this method is to download the necessary firmware from the LG website, drop it onto a USB flash drive, connect the USB flash drive to the TV and start the update.
We need to know the exact TV model and the current software version installed. How to find out this information, I wrote at the beginning of the article.
We go to the site http://www.LG.com/ (I have it in Ukrainian, you may have everything in Russian). In the search bar, enter the model of our TV. In my case, it is 32LN575U. Click on the search button.
In the results, our TV should appear. At the top, go to the “Pidtrimka” (support) tab and click on the red software button.
A list of firmwares will appear. We download the newest one, it is usually at the very top. We look at the date of addition and at the version. Make sure that the firmware on the site is newer than the one already installed on your TV. If it is newer, then click on the link and save the archive to your computer.
After the archive is fully loaded, we proceed to preparing the flash drive.
Preparing a USB drive
I read somewhere that you need a clean USB flash drive. But I have a 16 GB flash drive and it was about half full of the necessary files. I was too lazy to throw them off on the computer and clean the drive, therefore, I flashed the TV from a USB flash drive, which had other files. Everything worked out. But, if you don’t have anything important on the flash drive, or you have another blank drive, then it’s better to take it.
Connect the USB flash drive to your computer, open it and create a folder called LG_DTV.
Next, open the firmware archive that we downloaded and copy the file that is in the archive to the LG_DTV folder (which we created on the flash drive).
That’s all, after the file is completely copied, our flash drive is completely ready.
We disconnect the drive from the computer and connect it to the TV. If everything was done correctly, then a window should immediately appear with information that the drive is connected to which there is software. The current software version and the one on the USB flash drive will be indicated. Also, read the recommendations.
To start the update, just click the Run button (sorry for the photo quality).
The firmware process will start. We don’t touch anything.
The TV will turn itself off and on. A window like this will appear:
This means that everything has been successfully updated, the versions are the same. You can disconnect the drive from the TV.
If after updating the software, the TV starts to freeze, or other problems appear, then it is recommended to initialize the application. This should help.
Go to the TV menu and go to the Support tab. Select Initialize Application. Confirm execution by choosing Ok.
I hope I managed to prepare a simple instruction by which everything worked out for you.
The main thing is to do everything according to the instructions. If, for example, you notice that electricity is often lost today (for example, a thunderstorm, or electricians are repairing something). it is better to postpone the software update for another day.
Features of Smart technology
Smart devices are not just broadcasters. They allow you to use the TV as a game console, computer and multimedia center. They have a built-in operating system to expand their capabilities. New Smart TVs have a standard set of programs. It is possible to use the technology using a digital set-top box with the Smart option. In this case, the purchase of an expensive device is not required. Installing the browser on LG will make it possible to use the Internet more comfortably. If the web browser is already installed, it should be updated periodically to avoid problems.
Download and install
Before starting the download, you should make sure that the ability to install third-party applications is provided in the system.
Installing and Updating Browser on LG TV
To take full advantage of LG Smart TVs, an Internet connection is required. For ease of use, you should install a browser that helps you use the Internet, download the necessary widgets and applications, watch your favorite videos, communicate on social networks.
Browser types, functionality
Browser functions are similar for smartphones, tablets and TV. The abundance of browsers makes it difficult to choose the best for Smart technology. Some LG TVs already have a built-in application, for others you will have to download and install it. The choice should be based on the compatibility of the program and the operating system of the device, as well as on the proposed functionality. It also follows the Honor interface to make it easy and comfortable to use the browser.
The ranking of the best web browsers for LG Smart TVs is as follows.
|Browser||Features of the|
|Google chrome||It is considered the most popular in the world and the best option for installation on LG Smart appliances. The browser is high-performance, has a stylish design, many built-in functions. Some LG models have Android TV Chrome browser built into the system.|
|Mozilla Firefox||The speed of the browser is slower than the previous one. Its key advantages are the ability to work with different types of files, Flash support, a large number of built-in extensions.|
|Dolphin Browser||The speed of work is similar to that of other similar browsers. A feature of the browser is the ability to create a PDF file from any page. This browser is ideal for social media lovers.|
Having decided on a suitable view, you should start downloading and installing the browser.
The procedure is carried out manually, using a flash drive, or automatically. When you update the built-in browser, you will need to update other LG Smart TV components as well, so there may be an out of memory problem. Automatic procedure is available if you have an Internet connection.
You will need to do the following:
- press the “Settings” button on the remote control;
- click on the item “Support”;
- find the tab “Software update”;
- check for updates in the window that appears;
- click “Update”.
The procedure will start automatically, and after completion, you should exit the settings and check the functionality of the browser.
If you are not connected to the Internet, you will be able to perform the update manually using a bootable disk or USB drive. This requires:
Determine the exact model and firmware version in the settings, in the “Product / Service Information” tab.
In some models, information can be found in the “General”. “TV Information”.
There is usually a sticker on the back of the device with the necessary data.
- On the official website of the manufacturer, enter the TV model number in the special search field. You can select the one you need from the proposed list and click on it.
- Find the item “Software and Firmware”. Select Software File. Click “Download”.
- On a clean, formatted flash drive, create the LG_DTV folder.
- Unpack the installation file into the created folder.
- Connect the USB flash drive to Smart TV. It will automatically find the installation file and offer to run the update.
At the end of the update, you should check the functionality of the browser, since in some cases problems may arise.
Installation over the Internet
If the above options are not suitable, then you can install the browser without downloading. This requires an Internet connection. You can connect in three ways:
- via Wi-Fi;
- using a mobile internet module.
The first option is time consuming, the second and third provide instant connection. After connecting, using special services, you will be able to quickly install the required application.
Installation via USB
If you cannot download the browser directly, you can use another download device, such as a computer. This will require:
- go to the LG website;
- click on the “Software” category;
- in the list that opens, select the required program or update;
- click “download”;
- save the installation file to a USB flash drive;
- insert the USB drive into the TV;
- a window will open with information about the detection of the installation file;
- click automatic launch, after which the installation or update will begin.
At the end of the process, the browser icons will appear in the menu, you can start using.
The first upgrade option will be using removable media or, in another way, USB. If you do not have an Internet connection, then this is the only way to restart your browser. To do this, you need to have a regular USB flash drive with you, and then follow the following instructions:
- turn on your TV, go to the settings and find out the full information and the current software update by going to the section “Information about the service”;
- then go to the official website of LG, where in the highlighted window “model number” type in the number of your TV, which consists of several letters and numbers. After finding the model, click on the highlighted window;
- on the same site in the “Software and Firmware” column, search for the “Software File” section, which you then need to download;
- insert the USB flash drive into your computer, format it and create a folder in order to install the browser. Transfer the file downloaded from the site to this USB flash drive;
- connect the USB drive to the TV, which will independently find the update and download it, after which you just have to wait for the update to finish.
Installing and Updating Browser on LG TV
In the Russian market, such a TV model as LG Smart TV is very popular. It is a multimedia complex that helps TV owners to quickly and easily use the built-in functions.
However, most of these functions are carried out through an Internet connection and an in-system browser, which must be regularly updated. This is due to the fact that LG developers make changes to applications that may be incompatible with the old version of the browser, so you may not even be aware of the new capabilities of your technology.
You can recognize that it is time for you to update your web browser by the following problems:
- long loading of pages or tabs;
- blocking of some online resources, due to which certain applications or sites stop working;
- inability to download pictures, videos or photos on the TV;
- other problems that arise specifically in this version of LG TVs.
If you have at least one of these problems, then something urgently needs to be done about it. And how to update the browser on your LG Smart TV, you can learn from this article.!
Preparing for the upgrade
Before you start updating the in-system browser, you need to decide how you will do it: manually or using a USB drive. These options depend on whether you have the ability to connect to the Internet and some other points.
In any case, you need to have a computer with a network connected to it, an empty USB flash drive and, in fact, the TV itself with a remote control from it.
Frequent problems and solutions
Since updating the web browser depends on the correct operation of the entire TV, sometimes there may be some problems that interfere with its implementation. There may be several reasons for this, however, most often, this is the incorrect installation of the latest version.
If you are faced with these problems, we offer you ways to solve them in a timely manner:
- Lack of memory in the browser. This problem is displayed when you try to download any pictures or video materials, but the TV may have enough free memory. So, what to do in this situation: use the remote to go to the “Smart” menu, find the settings window and go here to “Smart functions-Clear cache”.
- Inability to connect to the Internet. This situation is possible if it is impossible to transfer the old TV settings to the updated version. The solution to the problem will be to reset all browser settings, performed as follows: you need to open a web browser, go to general settings and click on the “reset settings” window, and then restart LG Smart TV.
- The in-system browser stopped running on the TV. Most often this happens when updating using a removable flash drive, since the TV cannot recognize the downloaded version, so here you have to do the following: go to the “Support” section in the “Settings” menu and find a window called “Initialization”; press the button and wait for the process to end and use the updated version of your Smart TV.
Problems with updating the system occur quite often, so there is no need to be intimidated. It is better to immediately use one of the tips from this manual and this will definitely help!
Updating the LG TV Browser via the Internet
The next way to update the browser on Smart TV is via the Internet download option. However, it is worth knowing that it only works when you are connected to the Internet via a Wi-Fi network. So, how this operation is carried out:
- Pick up the TV remote control and press the button labeled “Settings”. After that, the settings menu will appear on your screen;
- Then, using the remote control, go to the “Support” section, in which, again, go to the “Software update” tab;
- By clicking on the section, a window will appear on the screen in which you will need to click “Check for an update”;
- If the check gave a positive result and you still have not updated programs, then click “Update”;
- You just have to wait until the end of the operation and you can continue to use the LG TV.
This update method is the simplest, so you can use it first.!