Update on Android
On Android, the main source of updated apps is the Play Store. This even applies to preinstalled programs like Google Chrome. In the settings of the browser itself, you can only see the version of the application.
To download the updated one do the following:
You can go another way: launch the Play Store, find Google Chrome and click “Refresh”. If there are updates, then there will be no such button. Other web browsers for Android are updated in the same way: Yandex browser, Opera, Mozilla Firefox, etc.
If your device has a Play Store, or for some reason you do not want or cannot use it, there is another way to Get the latest browser version. install it from the APK file. But first you need to do a little preparation:
- Make sure there is a file manager on your phone. for example, Total Commander.
- Allow installation of applications from third-party sources.
To solve the second problem on Android 7.1.2 and below, open the “Security” section in “Settings” and check the “Unknown sources” item.
On Android 8.0 and above, you have to do a little more:
- Open the “Apps & notifications” section in “Android Settings”.
- Go to “Advanced Settings”.
- Click on “Special Access”.
- Select “Install unknown applications”.
- Allow installation from Google Chrome and the installed file manager.
After that, the APK file with the latest version of the browser will be uploaded to the phone’s memory and start its installation.
Apple devices with iOS or iPadOS also have a built-in default browser. Safari. Unlike Google Chrome on Android, it updates along with the system. And the easiest way to update the system is to connect to Wi-Fi and download the available update.
How to do it:
- Connect the charger to your iPhone or iPad.
- Turn on Wi-Fi internet connection.
- Open “Settings”, go to the “General” section and click on “Software Update”.
- Tap “Download and install”. You can choose the installation time (right now, later, tonight) or ask the system to remind you about the availability of an update.
Automatic updates are available on devices with iOS 12 and above. To enable it:
- Open the “General” section in “Settings”.
- Go to the “Software Update” menu.
- Click on “Auto-update”.
Now available system updates will be installed automatically. However, some of them still have to be installed manually. This is true for both iOS and iPadOS.
If it is not possible to connect your mobile device to Wi-Fi, then update the system, and with it the Safari browser, using a computer. On macOS Catalina 10.15, this can be done through the Finder. MacOS Mojave 10.14 and earlier and Windows computers require iTunes.
To update Safari using a computer:
- Connect your smartphone or tablet to your computer.
- Find your mobile device in the system.
- Open the “Settings” or “General” section.
- Select “Check for Updates”.
- Click “Download and Update”.
- Go to the App Store.
- Go to the “Updates” tab.
- Find your browser in the list and click “Refresh”.
If there are updates, then the application will not be in the list for updating.
Instructions for updating the browser on Android, iOS and Windows Mobile
We have analyzed the main features of updating browsers on different OS and devices.
Update Features on Samsung Devices
To update the browser on Samsung devices:
By the way, since 2017 Samsung Internet Browser is available for any Android device. You can now install and update it through the Play Store.
- Find the Windows Store icon on your smartphone screen. If there are updates available for applications, then you will see a number. the number of available updates.
- Go to the section with the update. The list will show all applications for which there is a new version.
- Select a browser and update only it or click on the Update All button to install all available updates.
- Confirm the start of the installation.
Automatic app updates on mobile Windows are also supported. To enable it:
- Open the Store app.
- Call the menu, swipe from the right edge to the center of the screen.
- Go to “Options”.
- Select the “Application Updates” menu.
- Check the option “update apps automatically”.
As soon as a new version appears in Google Chrome, Yandex Browser or any other browser, the system will automatically install it. The only condition is that the device must be connected to the Internet.
Young generation browser. The interface resembles Dolphin, but it’s actually even simpler. The advantages include the ability to share a screenshot instantly via social networks, the ability to work in full screen mode. The browser has the ability to enable the local port for the proxy, there is a function to automatically delete the cache on exit. It is also interesting that you can create desktop icons for certain pages. In general, Harley has the opportunity in the near future to determine as the best browser for a tablet.
Opera Mobile / Mini
Opera was one of the first to see that in the breakthrough of the Internet, a huge number of users had a very low speed. So the company invented the Opera Turbo technology, became popular and won the hearts of users. Opera was the main competitor of Internet Explorer ten years ago.
The Turbo prototype still exists today. Opera Mini. This is the fastest browser for a tablet! The whole secret is in the staging server between the user and the target server. Opera processes the code and sends the user a “reverse code”, which does not require a lot of resources of the device itself and a high connection speed.
There are also disadvantages, which are in the same secret. Sometimes you need full access to a certain resource, as Opera cannot PROVIDE.
Opera Mobile also knows how to Compress data, but more fully than its predecessor. Interestingly, the browser itself can turn off 3 / 4G connections if it detects an available Wi-Fi network. The web browser is equipped with good functionality (RSS, downloader) and the ability to synchronize tabs, history, panels and bookmarks with other devices (laptop, smartphone). The disadvantages include not very attractive, bulky interface.
With Chrome everything is clear. It is made for google fans. In addition to standard things, the arsenal has a trump card. full compatibility with Google products. Issues with synchronization, history profiles, and more are very easily resolved. While Chrome has its drawbacks, it should rightfully be in the top 10.
How to choose the best browser for your tablet
With the development of technology, the variety of components, the growth of the web industry. the time has come for browsers. 20 years ago there was a battle of web browsers, but no one then knew that in the future there would be so many of them that there would NOT be enough fingers and toes to count them. Indeed, there are many browsers, and most importantly, it is impossible to say for sure which browser is better for a tablet, because each is original in its own way.
Each browser, in essence, performs one task, but one does it faster, the other is more optimized for specific resources. They integrate many modules and plugins, although the cores in them are almost the same. There are only a few radically different models.
Most of the leading browsers are built on the Chromium engine, which should not be confused with the Chrome browser. To be honest, it is based on the same engine. Even Opera, which has been developing its foundation all the time, switched to Chromium. This also includes almost all “fast” browsers: Amigo, Yandex browser, etc. Let’s look at the best representatives of Web Surfing.
As already mentioned, there are many browsers. We analyze for you the features of the top representatives of this family.
It is the UС Browser that causes concern among many leaders of the modern web browser market. The number of users has already exceeded 400 million, the browser is distributed in 150 countries. In terms of speed, the browser is catching up with Opera. There are opinions that UC Browser for tablet has long been ahead of its competitors in many respects. The browser has won two awards:
- Best Mobile Web Browser 2011
- Best Web Browser 2012 for Android
A huge number of applications have been written for the browser, there is the most modern and improved download manager. Multi-touch gestures are used for control. An interesting function of watching videos offline. At the same time, you can even watch from YouTube hosting and social networks. The browser is worthy of respect also because it was developed on the unique U3 engine, created especially for it.
The product of the Mobotap company, which staked on the Android market, although the browser is also optimized for other OSs. Advantages include the browser’s excellent understanding of old web technologies. Even the notorious Chrome can not boast of this. The browser interface is very easy to understand, and the possibilities can be expanded due to the mass of additional plugins, which can be downloaded from the Play Market.
Dolphin looks like Chrome, but the hardware is different. The application is built on the basis of WebKit. Also, it has implemented its own development Gesture Support for voice and gesture control. And another small nuance. In dolphins, you can set a full page display once and for all. In second browsers this can only be done on 10-inch displays.
How to update the browser on a tablet ?
When the page with the application opens, instead of the “Install” button, there will be an “Update” button. If, instead of two buttons, there is an “Open” button, then at this time the updated comments.
How to update Android on a tablet. 5 ways
Installing new software is a necessary step for the stable operation of any device. over, you can do it yourself, without much effort. Let’s take a look at how to update Android on a tablet.
How to update Android version on tablet
It is recommended that you always agree and respond positively to downloading the update. But if you suddenly clicked “Cancel” or the message for any reason did not appear on the screen, then you can perform the actions manually.
The easiest way to update your android version is to go to device settings.
- Open the desired section, that is, “Settings”.
- Go to the menu called “About this tablet” or something similar, as it may differ from manufacturer to manufacturer.
- Click on “System update” and wait for the tablet to receive the necessary information. If a new update is available, you will be prompted to install it.
- We select “Download”, we let the tablet download the files on its own. After that, the Android system reboots and is completely ready to work with stable software.
Using third-party programs
In addition to the above methods, there is another. the use of third-party programs. Let’s see how to do this using the example of the AnyCut application.
We start by downloading the program to our device. The easiest way to find and download it is through the Play Store.
- After installation, run it, go to the “System Information” section, and then check for new updates.
- Anycut run a scan and as soon as it detects the presence of new software that is NOT yet installed on the tablet, it will offer to download it.
- We agree and wait. In just a few minutes, the device will turn on with a fully updated firmware.
Updating the OS via a desktop computer
You can also install new software via a computer. This option is very convenient if you cannot do this on the tablet itself.
- First you need to find a special program. She must be treated with the tablet when you buy it. If not, then you can try to download it from the Internet. Please note that each tablet manufacturer has its own specific program.
- We launch it on a PC, We connect the tablet and the computer with a cable, which should also be included with the device.
- We are waiting for the program to check for new updates. If they are, you will be prompted to install. We agree by clicking on the “OK” or “Install”.
- After that, a new version of Android OS will be downloaded to the device.
Alternatively, you can still visit the official website of the manufacturer, find there the newest update that is suitable for your tablet model, download it as a file and open it on the device. All you have to do is follow the instructions on the screen and wait for the complete installation.
How to update “Play Market” on Android
In general, this application is updated independently, but it also happens that this function is disabled for the user and then after a while the “Market” stops working stably. You can fix this by downloading a new version.
- Make sure your device is connected to the internet, then open the app.
- Go to its settings and select the menu “Play Store version “.
- In case new files are available for download, a message will appear on the screen notifying about this. If they are absent, the system will display a window with information.
Track the process of updating Market” will not work because there are process and load times. After starting the installation, just wait a while until the software automatically performs the necessary actions.
Updating popular apps on Android
- Go to the “Play Store” application, open the settings.
- Check the box next to “Automatic update”.
That’s it, after that the device will independently load new versions of all programs.
But this function is not always advisable, since updates for all applications take up a lot of space. In this case, you can upload new files selectively.
- Disable automatic updates.
- Go to “Play Store”. In the window coming out on the left side, go to the section of programs and applications.
- Open a list of everything installed on the tablet.
- Select the application you want to update, go to its page and next to the name click on the “Update” button.
Please note that the button only appears when a new version is available.
Windows. How to update the browser on a tablet depending on the operating system
Typically, the utilities on tablet computers are updated through the Playmarket. But there are exceptions. So, on the iPad, you can do this through the built-in Safari program. The feature is available for free. It is worth figuring out how to update the browser on a tablet.
Many Android apps are installed through the Play Market. The store is installed on the tablet by default. In order to launch a new program, you need:
- Open Playmarket. It is usually found on the home screen menu. If you can’t find the icon, it’s worth looking in the folders. The system automatically creates partitions with the utility and combines them by type. So, Google programs are located in one folder. There you can find Not only Playmarket, but also Google Docs, Youtube.
- Find the button that is in the upper left of the screen (three stripes). Click on it.
- Open the category “My apps and games”.
- Check if new browsers appeared in the “Updates” section.
- Select the “Update” button.
You can download a file manager to check for updates:
- Install Total Commander;
- Allow downloading programs from third-party sources. go to the settings, check the box next to the item “Unknown sources”.
If Google Chrome on Android needs to be updated independently, then in Safari in Apple the update happens automatically. You just need to turn on Wi-Fi and confirm the installation. This requires:
- Connect the tablet to the power supply.
- Turn on Wi-Fi in the settings or status bar.
- Open the settings, go to the main ones and click on “Software update”.
After confirmation, the download of the update will start. over, it can be stitched several hours or days in advance. You can also ask the system to notify about the appearance of available updates.
IOS Browser Refresh
If your device is based on IOS 12 or higher, you can enable automatic download of new data. This is done in the “Software Update” settings section.
If your iPad is using a third-party browser, you can update it through the Apple Store. So, many people download Yandex Browser. To download the new version, you need:
Features of different tablets
However, this browser is available not only on the manufacturer’s tablets. In 2017, he appeared on the Playmarket. Now it can be downloaded by the owner of an Android tablet. To find it, you need to drive into the search “Samsung Internet Browser”.
This application, like any other, is not recommended for downloading from unverified sources. After all, when entering the sites, users leave their personal data. With a virus attack, scammers can intercept them.
Useful articles, news and reviews on our Yandex Zen channel
By default, Android has automatic software updates enabled. All you need to do is connect to Wi-Fi. But these processes fill the phone’s memory, which is unacceptable for some models. In addition, even those applications that are NOT used are updated. Therefore, many users want to disable automatic updates.
Let’s figure it out using the Chrome browser as an example. To turn off Chrome auto-update on Android, you need:
- Go to the Chrome page in the Play Market.
- In the upper right corner, click on the three dots.
- Uncheck the box next to “Auto update”.
Similarly, auto-update is disabled for second applications. It is possible to disable automatic updates of the operating system.
How to update your browser on Android
To update it to the latest version on your Android phone or tablet, go to the Play Store on your device. Then open the side menu and select “My applications and games”.
If there are newer versions (compared to the one installed), it will be in the “Updates available” section. If the current version is installed and the developers have not released anything new, then you will see it in the “Updated comments” section.
Find it in the list of installed applications, in whatever section It is located, and click on it.
If there are updates, then the case will be a button with the appropriate name, click on it, and everything you need will be downloaded and installed.
If nothing new comments, then there will be a button “Open”.
Now you don’t have to worry, because the latest version of Yandex browser is installed on your device, which takes into account all the previous disadvantages.
Samsung and its features
The key feature of Samsung’s devices is the autonomous (apart from the Play Market) update of the built-in browser. It is launched by clicking on the settings window with the browser open. Also, information about the new version pops up when starting the browser after restarting the smartphone. Depending on the version of the device, 2 ways can be used:
- Fully repeats software update for Android.
- The process starts in the same way as in computer programs. The browser minimizes and installs the package in the background.
Another Integral part of browsing is the keyboard. The default Google keyboard is installed. It can be updated like any other application.
How to update the version of Yandex browser for Windows or Android
Hello, friends! Yandex Browser, in comparison with other web browsers, can be called young. But he has already managed to occupy his place among the rest, and many users liked it.
Initially, it was hard not to notice how similar its look and functionality was to Chrome. But over time, developers began to add new functions, fix bugs in work and remove unnecessary ones. That is why it is so important that its current version is installed on the device.
How to find out the installed version of Yandex browser, I have already told. In this article we will figure out how to update it on a computer or laptop with Windows installed, or a phone, tablet running on Android.
In this case, a computer is used. Since the iPhone has a well-developed mechanism for synchronization and remote control, you can launch any update using a special utility. It is easy to use and its actions are very similar to actions in the AppStore:
- Launches iTunes.
- Click on the “Music” item and go to the “Programs” tab.
- Open the “Updates” tab.
- Click “Update all programs”.
- Wait for the operation to complete.
In this case, the iPhone itself will be unavailable for several minutes. Also, you can launch an OS update from the iTunes window. You cannot force the installation of new versions for some programs. Perhaps this function will be returned later. It included pressing and selecting the appropriate item in a specific program.
In a sense, this method duplicates the work through PlayMarket for Android. Includes the following steps:
- Launches the AppStore (if there are new versions, numbers will appear on the icon indicating their number).
- At the bottom of the window there is an “update” button, you should click on it.
Alternative: you can immediately click the “update all” button, which starts the process for all purchased programs.
- Find the application you need in the list and click Update.
The step-by-step instructions are very simple:
- Open Play Store.
- Swipe right to open the menu.
- Go to “My Apps and Games”.
- If updates are available, click on the green “Update” button or “Update all”. If not, you are using the latest versions of all installed applications on your smartphone.
Thus, you can update absolutely everything that is on your smartphone.
For example, if you want to Get the new Opera Browser 19 update for Android, you don’t need to turn to third-party sources for help. Just follow all the points of the above instructions, and you will receive it.
How to update Yandex browser manually to the latest version
If, for some reason, the program is outdated, and a newer one has been released, but your web browser does NOT notify about this for a long time, just reinstall the floor. This is the most efficient way to get a new assembly quickly and easily.
Manual installation / update instructions:
- Go and download Yandex browser from the official website in Russian (big green button near the title)
- Run the installation, and without changing the default settings, Wait for the progress to finish.
Most of the new skins are installed using FOTA, or “over the air”. The system is simple. a person unpacks the file manually or automatically. This file pops up in the notification window when developers send it to devices. To perform an unattended installation, use the instruction:
- Open “Settings”;
- Go to the item “In the phone”;
- There select the term “System Update”;
- When the system prompts you to choose a type, click on “online”;
- Make sure the device is connected to the Internet (mobile or hotspot);
- DO NOT try to turn off or restart your phone while an operation is in progress;
- After completion, restart the gadget;
- Android installation time depends on your phone model and power.
The procedure often takes about an hour, so fully charge your smartphone / tablet before starting.
Which tablets can be upgraded to the latest version?
Among the products of the Chinese company Huawei, there are ten MediaPads with different performance characteristics. Operating shells from 4.1 to 9.1 are installed on them. If the gadget is purchased, for example, with Android 8, then as soon as the developers release the ninth version for your model, the system will offer to install a new package. All Huawei tablets are subject to update:
- M6 Turbo Edition;
- M6 Turbo;
- M6 10.8;
- M6 8.4;
- M5 Lite;
- M5 Lite;
- M5 10
- M5 Pro;
- Huawei MediaPad M3 Lite.
There are also a number of products from Honor. Developers in turn release with a new shell for each of the gadgets.
How to Update Android Version on Huawei Tablet to Latest
In 2020, there are several channels through which it is possible to update the Android OS on Huawei tablets:
- Through a shared Wi-Fi hotspot;
- Manually through the settings for a pre-installed file.
How to update Android OS on Huawei tablets to the latest version. instruction
Manual (download the firmware file)
With a manual update, the procedure is different:
- Go to the company’s website or free w3bsit3-dns.com resource;
- Find the Android file for your model;
- Download to PC or laptop;
- Including USB debugging and Connecting two devices with a cable;
- I transfer the installation component to the device and start unpacking.
A few words about manual reinstallation:
- Usually, hacked components are published on the w3bsit3-dns.com website, so the company does NOT guarantee their performance and will NOT support them in the future;
- If you installed the file from the w3bsit3-dns.com resource, then subsequent installations will have to be performed manually;
- If you took the file on the official website of the company, then it is “clean”. without viruses and flaws;
- If the company’s website has a file specifically for your model, then it has NOT been released yet.
Potential problems and solutions
The main problem to worry about is the abnormal termination of the installation process for new components of the operating shell. If this happens, your device turns into a “brick”. And it will NOT work to return it to working condition without the help of specialists. In order not to start in such a situation, before reinstalling the OS, fully charge the device. DO NOT try to undo the installation procedure.
Another problem is failures when unpacking components. They do happen, but very rarely. If the display shows a message with the text “Error”, do not rush to panic and reboot. Give the apparatus 10-15 minutes. Once again, we emphasize that the process cannot be interrupted. If the error did NOT go away by itself, then run Android unpacking again. Better to use USB debugging.
If you have any questions or complaints. Please let us know
How to update Odnoklassniki on an Android tablet or phone
- Find the Play Store app on your device and open it by pressing.
- You will find yourself on the main page. In the upper left corner of the screen, find the image of three horizontal stripes and touch it.
- A context menu will open in front of you. Select the item in it “My games and applications “.
- Once in the section where all the programs installed on your device are collected, LOOK at the headings at the top. You need to click on “Installed”.
- You will see all the applications that are currently loaded on your tablet or phone. Now look for “Odnoklassniki” here and see which button is opposite the program’s shortcut. If this is “Update”, then feel free to click on it and wait until the update is installed.
If there is a button opposite to “Ok”
Open “, then you already have the latest version of the application installed and it does NOT need an update.
How to update the Odnoklassniki app to the latest version?
How to update Odnoklassniki on your mobile phone or tablet? Surely, this question has repeatedly arisen in you when you see that one of your friends already has a completely new version of this application installed. After all, updates usually bring us many pleasant surprises. developers are constantly improving their creation, adding new interesting functions and making the use of the program easier and more understandable. So, if you are eager to find out how to update Odnoklassniki for free and where this latest version is located, then you have come to exactly the right place!
How to update Odnoklassniki on your phone or tablet?
We all know that mobile devices with different operating systems differ slightly from each other. for example, what is suitable for Android will not necessarily be relevant for Winbows Phone. Also, the instructions for updating this application are slightly different from each other, so we give here two options for the two most common operating systems. iOS and Android.
How to update Odnoklassniki on iPhone
The update procedure is similar to the procedure for downloading Odnoklassniki on iPhone.
- Now before you are all the programs that are installed on your iPhone. Find the Odnoklassniki icon among them.
- If there is an inscription “Update” next to it, then just Touch it.
- If the system requires you to enter a password, then type it in the proposed window.
Wait for the download of additional files to finish and “Ok” on your iPhone will be updated!
Don’t know how to save your password to “Ok”? Then read about it in our other article.
How to reinstall Android on a tablet
The question of reinstalling Android on a tablet is now the most relevant. The operating system may start to malfunction over time, which requires an urgent reinstallation of Android.
But not only Android malfunctions can serve as an impetus to reinstall the OS. On Android quite often there are various updates that improve the system, add new functions and offer users a new interface.
There may be several reasons for reinstalling Android on a tablet:
- First of all, it is necessary to reinstall the system if it fails;
- Secondly, when updates are released, which will help to significantly improve the security of the device and add new functions;
These reasons may be accompanied by reinstalling the Android OS on the tablet.
The procedure for installing the firmware is as follows:
- First, the firmware must be downloaded from the manufacturer’s website (it will be downloaded as an archive or an insult);
- After the firmware is downloaded, you need to format the SD card;
- After formatting the card, in its root you need to create a folder called “Script”;
- Copy the downloaded firmware into the newly created folder;
- Then the tablet must be turned off and the SD card with the previously downloaded firmware must be inserted;
- Next, the tablet must be turned on again, after which the update process will automatically start;
- After the update is over, the tablet should turn off automatically;
- Then you need to remove the SD card from the tablet and delete the previously created “Script” folder;
- Then the device can be turned on again and enjoy the updated OS.
Setting up a ByFly router from Promsvyaz? Here.
IPod NANO 5G 8GB Features?
How to update Android firmware on a tablet
Tablet firmware is an update to the operating system it runs under. Developers are constantly improving the OS, adding new functions, increasing the security of user data.
Method one. via Wi-Fi:
Entering the D LINK router settings? Located here.
- Connect the Internet;
- Go to “Settings”;
- We find the item “Device Information”;
- Click on the “Update” button;
- Next, an inscription will appear on the tablet screen with possible updates, if any, click “Update“.
After that, the new version of the OS firmware will be downloaded to the device, and the installation will take place in automatic mode.
Method two. update through the manufacturer’s website:
- You need to go to the website of your tablet manufacturer;
- Find a new firmware version in the form of an archive or image;
- Then download the program;
- After that, install the program on the computer;
- Connect device to PC;
- In the program, specify the path to the file or firmware image.
Method three. through Google Play:
- Go to the Play Market;
- We find applications that allow you to flash Android. It is recommended to use Rom Updater or Rom Manager apps;
Using THESE methods, you can reinstall Android on your tablet.
Find the right version
Before you reinstall the system, you need to find a suitable OS version designed only for your device.
In order to find out the version of Android OS you need:
- Go to “Settings”;
- Select the item “About Tablet PC” from the list;
- Next in the list, find the item “Android version”.
After you managed to install the OS version, you need to go to the manufacturer’s website and download the desired version of the system.
These tips will help you update your Android OS correctly:
- Before flashing the tablet, you need to charge it, but it is best to leave it plugged in;
- It is not recommended to install bone-based firmware, because if you do not have sufficient knowledge, the tablet may simply fail. In this situation, it will be extremely difficult to restore working capacity;
- Before flashing the device, you need to make a backup.
Recovering a file deleted by Windows 10 Defender as saving a drowning man is the work of the drowning man himself
If you are using a Windows 8 (8.1) tablet, the last thing you need is a desktop browser that is NOT designed for touch screens at all. Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome all offer a separate interface designed specifically for the latest operating system from Microsoft. And even the Windows Store has a few lesser-known browsers that have a touch-based interface.
Please note that in order to access the “Windows 8 style” version of the browser, this browser must be set as the default program for opening web pages. In other words, if you want to use the touch version of Firefox, Firefox must be your default browser. The same goes for Internet Explorer and Chrome.
The search giant has already made sure that Windows 8 users have a touch version of its Chrome browser at their disposal. However, it is even more than just a browser. In fact, this is a full-fledged desktop, made in the style of the operating system Chrome OS, which allows you to work with Multiple Chrome windows at once. You can even launch apps like you would on a Chromebook. In general, this is a completely different approach, but you might still want to try it.
To launch Chrome in touch screen mode, click on the Chrome menu button and select “restart Chrome in Windows 8 mode”. If you DO NOT see this option, it is likely that Chrome Touch Mode is NOT compatible with your device at this time. For example, currently Chrome Plasma Surface Pro 2 and other devices with high dots per inch (DPI) displays.
Unlike Internet Explorer and Firefox, Chrome allows browser add-ons to run inside its touch interface. At the same time, it cannot be said that Chrome for Windows 8 is a fully touch-optimized browser like Internet Explorer and Firefox. Instead, Google just took and moved the desktop from Chrome OS to Windows. So, if you just want a full screen browser to use on a tablet, Chrome isn’t the ideal option for you.
Mozilla’s touchscreen version of Firefox appeared over a year ago. The interface of this version is still far from perfect, so you won’t find it in stable builds of Firefox. Instead, you need to install the beta version of Firefox. Launch it and click “restart Firefox in touch mode Windows 8”.
The Firefox touch start page consists of links to bookmarks and recently visited sites. Like Internet Explorer, this browser runs in full screen mode. The interface is also somewhat similar to Internet Explorer 11, but it’s Firefox.
The browser has a convenient tab bar and navigation, to access which you just need to swipe from the top or bottom of the screen. In addition, Firefox Touch supports Firefox Sync, which is especially useful for those who use Firefox on second Android computers or devices. Thanks to this feature, browser data will be available on all your devices.
Internet Explorer 11
Internet Explorer 11 is included with Windows 8.1. Compared to the previous version of the browser that debuted with Windows 8, the touch version of IE 11 is significantly better. For example, IE 11 allows you to keep an unlimited number of open tabs, while IE 10 is limited to only a dozen tabs.
Like much of the interface in the new operating system from Microsoft. IE 11 is for touch screens. That’s why when surfing, it runs in full screen mode, and there is even a hint of elements of the classic desktop interface on the screen.
To view the tabbed panel, swipe up from the bottom. This will show you thumbnails of the open tabs. In addition, you can always go to the settings and enable the option there so that the tabbed panel is always displayed. This is especially useful when you need to regularly switch between open tabs. To go back and go to the next page in IE 11, there is a right and left swipe gesture, and if you come across a page that requires you to hover over an element, just hold it with your finger and the browser will simulate hover. So IE 11 is also ideal for browsing pages that were NOT designed with touch in mind.