How to turn off iPhone if the screen is not working
If the touch screen stops responding to touches, this is not a reason to rush to the workshop. just try restarting your smartphone first. How to turn off the iPhone if the screen does not work, we will tell you in this article.
The first thing that is advised to do in case of any malfunction or freeze of the smartphone is to restart the device. However, the non-functional touchscreen makes the standard reboot procedure impossible. Below is a detailed description of how to turn off your iPhone if it freezes and the sensor does not work.
Possible consequences of rebooting without using a sensor
The “hard reboot” procedure is marked in the instructions as a last resort for cases when other, more secure, ways to turn off or restore the smartphone to work do not help. In fact, if you do not abuse the “Hard Reset” and do not use this method all the time, then there will be no negative consequences for the smartphone. However, with frequent use, there is a possibility of losing information that is stored in the smartphone’s memory. Hard reboots can crash or completely damage the iPhone memory module. The number of hard reboots and module failure are not directly related, but the probability increases over time. Thus, do not neglect regular data backups to iCloud and try to use “Hard Reset” as little as possible.
How to turn off iPhone if sensor is not working
When a reboot is not needed and you only need to turn off the smartphone, the algorithm of actions changes somewhat. The shutdown procedure is similar to the one discussed, only you need to hold down the lock and “Home” buttons for 4-5 seconds until the screen turns off and then immediately release it, without waiting for the logo to appear. In this case, the phone will not be switched on again (rebooted). To restart the smartphone after a hard shutdown, standard actions will be required. hold the power button for two to three seconds.
Unstable operation or complete failure of the touch screen is often associated with the following reasons:
- Mechanical impact (due to impact or falling of the phone).
- Ingress of moisture into the case (moisture protection for Apple smartphones does not guarantee complete impermeability).
- Overheating of the smartphone.
- IOS software crash or freeze.
- Poor quality protective glass or bumper.
And if it is better to contact a service center with mechanical problems, then in other cases it is worth trying to restart the iPhone. In the overwhelming majority of cases, this will be enough to restore performance. How to turn off the iPhone if the screen does not work, we will tell you in the following sections.
How to restart iPhone if the screen is not responding to touches
In a standard situation, to reboot after pressing the lock button, you need to confirm the action by swiping your finger across the screen. But you can reboot your smartphone even if the sensor does not respond. This procedure is called “Hard Reset” or “Hard Reset”. To do this, you must simultaneously press the lock and “Home” buttons on the phone. You need to hold them for a few seconds (about 10) until the screen turns off and the Apple logo appears on the display. This means that the smartphone has rebooted.
If all else fails
If the described methods did not work or you do not want to perform a hard reboot, then try other options. “Hard Reset” is a quick and easy way, but not the only one. Two more methods on how to turn off the iPhone if the sensor does not work are described below.
The safest option would be banal waiting for the battery to drain. The iPhone will turn itself off and to turn it on again, you just need to connect the charger to it. This method is the safest for the phone and does not create additional risks.
Another fairly harmless and uncomplicated option would be to restore your smartphone through the iTunes media service. You will need a computer with the installed program and Internet access. Connect iPhone with original USB cable to PC and wait for iTunes to find and detect your device. If the identification stage has passed successfully, find the “Restore iPhone” button on the “Overview” tab and confirm the action.
In the process of updating and restoring factory settings, the program will automatically restart the phone. This iTunes function will delete all media files and other data from the device while it is running. Therefore, before starting the recovery, be sure to make a backup and save it to iCloud.
Video instruction to hard reset iPhone:
In order to successfully complete the shutdown, it is tedious for you to follow the steps described below:
- Take your device on which the sensor does not work;
- Now immediately hold down two buttons: the on / off key (this key can be on top or on the side of your Apple device, depending on the type and model of the device) and the home key. You can see an illustration of this action below;
If the device is still under warranty, then it’s even easier. You can simply repair it at a service center under warranty, restoring the detector to work. The main thing is to be able to prove that the screen or the button was not broken on purpose, and not because of the careless use of the device. Otherwise, you can forget about the free replacement of the module and take spare parts for your own money.
This option will not turn off the iPhone, but force it to reboot. Perfectly fits in those cases when the phone does not work correctly, and the screen simply does not respond to touches.
For iPhone 6S and younger models, immediately press and hold two buttons: “Home” and “Power”. After 4-5 seconds, a sharp shutdown will occur, after which the device will start to start.
If you own an iPhone 7 or the latest model, you won’t be able to use the old restart method, since it does not have a physical Home button (it has been replaced with a touch button or is completely absent). In this case, you will need to hold down the other two keys. “Power” and volume up. After a few seconds, an abrupt shutdown will occur.
4 Ways to Fix iPhone Touch Screen not Working | iPhone Screen not Responding to Touch |iPhone Repair
How to restart a phone without a sensor
If the phone detector is frozen and does not respond to any actions, then you can try to simply reboot. This often helps to solve the problem. But the fact is that the detector itself is needed to reboot. Indeed, according to the usual reboot scheme, it is necessary:
- Click on lock on iPhone.
- On the window that pops up on the screen, click on “Restart”.
How to turn off iPhone without sensor? You just need to hold down the lock keys and “home” immediately, hold them for 4-5 seconds. Then the device will turn off without proof. After that, you can simply turn on.
How to launch Assistive Touch
- First you need to go to “settings”, after that go to “Basic”, later, to “Universal Access”.
- After that, you need to scroll to the very end of the page and find “Physiology and Motorics”, and there we already find on “Assistive Touch”.
- Next to “Assistive Touch”. There will be a slider that needs to be moved to the “on” position. To do this, a transparent button will appear on the screen.
- Then just click on this button and view all the abilities that “Assistive Touch” opens.
- Choose what you need.
How to do without a button
If the power key does not work and the iPhone has failed, then using the phone is just awkward. You can’t connect your device to a PC every time you just need to unlock it. For example, to see the time or a notification that appears.
If there is no ability to take the device for repair or purchase the latest device, you can use Assistive Touch, which allows you to display a key on the screen. With its help, you can use all the functionality of the regular home key. The first time will be naturally awkward, but you can continue to use the iphone.
For iPhone 6s and below
- Simultaneously hold down the Home and Power key on your device and hold for a few seconds, but until the screen turns off;
- As soon as the screen turns off, immediately release them without waiting for the Apple logo to appear.
Ways to turn off iPhone
You should understand that there can be a hundred reasons why the sensor does not work on the iPhone, so here, for each case, you need to go through all the options. Follow all the steps in order to decide which one suits you best. We’ll start with the simplest.
Turning off your smartphone normally
The iPhone is turned off by the Power button, which is also a lock (unlock) of the device. This method is relevant only if the screen does not work partially, for example, your lower part is broken and you see nothing or the screen does not work at all, but the sensor works (even in this case, you can roughly guess when the strip should appear switch off and pull it in the right direction). Therefore, the procedure is as follows:
- On your device, hold down the Power key and wait a few seconds (3-5 seconds);
- If your screen is partially broken, but the sensor works, just pull the slider in the right direction and the phone turns off;
- If the screen is completely broken, but the sensor is working, also press Power and wait a few seconds, then step back from the screen about 1 centimeter of distance and slide your finger to the right. This is a kind of “blind shutdown”. In some cases, you need to repeat the operation several times to get where you need to;
- If the screen does not work, the sensor does not work either, go to the next paragraph of our article.
For models above iPhone X
In recent generations, the process of “hard reset” itself is slightly different from all previous models. The procedure is as follows:
- Hold down the volume up key and release immediately;
- Then hold down the volume down key and release;
- Hold down the Power key for a few seconds until the screen goes blank. If you tighten and do not release the button in time, the phone will start to reboot.
Full battery discharge
Another option is to wait until your phone’s battery is completely depleted. Yes, the method is not the most thoughtful, but it should also be taken into account. And you can charge the device without any problems simply by connecting the device to a charger or connecting it to a computer via a USB cable. Just keep in mind that if the device turns off and you have a password set at the entrance, then when you turn it on with a broken screen or a non-working sensor, you will not be able to use it and unlock it.
Hard restart (shutdown) iPhone
In most cases on the iPhone, when a serious malfunction occurs in software or modules, a “hard reset” is applied to normalize the stable operation of the device. It can also be useful to you if you need to turn off the iPhone, but the sensor does not work. Reboot is written, you say, but we need a complete shutdown, right? But there is a trick here. If you release the keys in time, the device will not turn on. Actually, the procedure is as follows:
For iPhone 7 and 7 Plus
For iPhone 7, the default reboot is done with the Power and Volume Down keys, but this is a reboot. If you need to turn off the iPhone 7 with the keys, then the procedure is as follows:
- Press the Home and Power keys at the same time and wait about 4-5 seconds;
- As soon as the screen goes out, release them, after which the smartphone does not turn on to restart.
How to turn off iPhone if sensor is not working?
If you just want to turn off the gadget, and not restart it, you should proceed a little differently:
Hold “Home” “Power”.
Hold the buttons for 4-5 seconds. until the screen turns off. then release them. Do not wait for the “bitten apple” to appear!
After that, you can turn on the smartphone in the usual way. by holding down the “Power” button for 2-3 seconds.
Not only the sensor problem is solved by a “hard reset”. Hard Reset is also resorted to if the iPhone has become poorly connected to the network or consumes too much power.
How to turn off iPhone if sensor is not working?
Turning off iPhone when the sensor is not working seems to be an impossible task for many users. But in fact, this task is being solved. you just need to know the cherished key combination.
To control a mobile device without using physical buttons, the iPhone has the Assistive Touch function. therefore, it is quite easy to reboot a gadget with an inoperative “Power” key. However, if the sensor is out of order, it is more difficult to turn off the iPhone: you will have to resort to Hard Reset. an operation that can harm the device.
Possible consequences of rebooting without using a sensor
If you apply Hard Reset once or twice, there will definitely be no negative consequences. With a constant hard reboot, there is a risk that the memory module will fail, as a result of which all data stored on the iPhone will be lost. There is a widespread opinion among users: each subsequent Hard Reset increases the likelihood that the memory will “crumble”. However, this has not been confirmed by experts.
You should resort to a “hard reset” only as a last resort. when other ways to solve the problem have already been tried and have not brought any result.
How to restart iPhone if the screen is not responding to touches?
The need to turn off the iPhone without swiping the screen usually arises when the device freezes when installing a mobile application. The sensor also fails due to physical impact. for example, after the gadget falls to the ground. When the sensor freezes, most users immediately apply for warranty repair, not suspecting that they can do without a 45-day wait and fix the smartphone on their own.
How to unlock a iPhone With Damaged Touchscreen With Non Apple Keyboard #fixed1tAPPLEIOStips
The probability that after a reboot a frozen sensor will “resurrect” is 90%. But since the screen does not respond to touch, you will not be able to turn off the smartphone in the usual way. you will have to perform a hard reboot. It is performed like this:
Press simultaneously two physical buttons. “Power” and “Home”.
Hold them until the Apple logo appears on the screen. about 10 seconds.
Wait 4-5 seconds and you will see the desktop of your mobile device.
On iPhone 7, instead of the “Home” button, you need to hold down the volume down key.
“Hard reset” is the simplest and fastest measure aimed at returning the sensor to operability. But not the only one. If the user is afraid to make a Hard Reset, he can turn to iTunes. the media combine will restore the device, and together with the restoration, the gadget will restart. There is an option for the most cautious users: wait until the smartphone is discharged and turns off by itself, and then “start” it in the usual way.
Unlock Broken Screen iPhone via iOS System Recovery
When it comes to how to unlock broken iPhone without data loss, using Apeaksoft should be your best bet. IOS System Recovery, Apeaksoft iOS System Recovery, as one of the most professional and powerful iOS system recovery software, offers many solutions to restore iPhone back to normal. What’s more, this iOS repair tool is safe enough. It will never put your iOS device at risk.
Fix iPhone stuck on broken screen, black screen, etc.
Get iPhone out of recovery mode, DFU mode, Apple logo, etc.
Fix iPhone Software Issues Without Data Loss.
Compatible with iPhone 12/11 / XS / XR / X / 8/7/6/5, etc. Running iOS 14/13/12/11.
A simple yet straightforward guide will help you unlock your broken screen iPhone:
Download Apeaksoft iOS System Recovery
Connect iPhone to iOS System Recovery with USB cable. Then click on ” Tools” in the left column and on the “iOS System Restore” tab in the preview window. After that click “Start” In the lower right corner.
Then press “Question” and follow the instructions to turn on iPhone in recovery mode or DFU mode. Here we put the disabled iPhone into DFU mode. Then select your iPhone model and click “Download” to download the plugin of the refurbished device.
unlocking iPhone with broken screen
After the download of the plugin is complete, iOS System Recovery can automatically remove the password lock screen.
You can check if your iPhone is back to normal.
How to Unlock iPhone with Broken Screen via iCloud
Alternatively, you may also want to consider unlocking your broken iPhone screen via iCloud. It is easy to find out and you can quickly remove the passcode on your iPhone. Follow these tips to do this:
Login to iCloud with your Apple ID and password, search and find “Find My iPhone” and open it.
Hover over All Devices and select your iPhone from the list. To unlock iPhone with broken screen, click “Erase iPhone” to remove the passcode.
restore from iCloud backup
Then go to “App Data on Broken iPhone and select” Recover from iCloud Backup “using Setup Assistant.
You can easily unlock your broken screen iPhone with the three solutions mentioned above. However, iTunes and iCloud methods can result in data loss. Therefore, you are prompted to fix your broken iPhone with Apeaksoft iOS System Revocery.
How to Unlock iPhone with Broken Screen
You accidentally dropped your iPhone to the ground and the screen broke. Now you’ve spent hours searching the internet trying to find a real way to unlock your iPhone without a password.
Is there a solution for you to solve such a nasty problem?
On this page, we’ll show you three effective methods to help you unlock your iPhone with a broken screen, and back up and restore all contacts, messages, photos, videos, etc. from your broken device. If you are interested in this topic, read on and find out more details.!
Frequently Asked Questions About Unlocking iPhone With Broken Screen
How to fix a cracked iPhone screen?
If you have AppleCare. you can ask Apple for help. If you don’t have AppleCare. you need to go to your local iPhone repair shop to fix your broken screen.
Can I Backup iPhone with Broken Screen?
Yes, you can use iTunes to back up your iPhone to computer.
How to Recover Data from iPhone when Screen is Broken?
The most reliable way. use a professional data recovery tool to get your iPhone data back. Apeaksoft iPhone Data Recovery helps you easily recover data from jailbroken or locked iPhone.
Unlock Broken iPhone Screen with iPhone Unlocker (Fastest)
As long as your iPhone is broken and cannot enter a password to use, you can get the fastest tool, Unlock Apeaksoft iOS to get into a locked iPhone.
Apeaksoft iOS Unlocker. professional software to unlock iPhone. Whether your iPhone is locked with Face ID, 6-digit or regular alphanumeric code, this program can easily unlock it.
Now let’s see how to unlock broken screen iPhone.
Download iOS Unlocker for free and launch it after successful installation. This software is compatible with Windows and Mac computers and you can download whatever you need.
Select Wipe Password Mode. Connect your iOS device to your computer via USB cable. Click on the Start button to continue.
Confirm iPhone Information
Then your iOS device information will be downloaded automatically. Confirm it. Or change the information based on your device and click Start to continue.
This tool will then download the firmware package. It will take a while and you just need to wait patiently for the process.
After the firmware download is complete, press Unlock and enter 0000. After that, press Unlock to confirm the unlock process.
During this process, your iPhone will restart and your broken iPhone screen will be unlocked. You just need to replace the screen and use the iPhone normally.
How to Unlock iPhone with Broken Screen via iTunes
iTunes is also a good way to unlock your iPhone with a broken screen, especially for those who use to sync data from iPhone to iTunes.
Just connect the broken device to the same computer that you synced earlier, you can easily back up the latest data to iTunes without entering a password.
To unlock your broken iPhone screen, connect your broken iPhone to the same computer you used before and launch the iTunes app on the computer.
Go to the navigation bar on the left, click on “Conclusion” and click on “Check for Updates” in the right window. ITunes will then let you know if any new iOS system vision is available.
complete the recovery process
Click “Restore” and iTunes will guide you on how to complete the restore process. Back up your iPhone just in case.
Click on “Restore from iTunes Backup” when prompted and your broken screen phone will be successfully unlocked and restored without a password!
How to get data from iPhone
But what if you want to restore all your data recovered on your iPhone after damaged screen repair, iPhone cannot be locked?
Do not worry! IPhone Data Recovery can help you recover deleted, lost data and files from locked iPhone easily. Now, let’s start learning how to recover data using iPhone Data Recovery:
download and run iPhone data recovery
Download and install iPhone Data Recovery on your computer and it is completely free to download. Then open the recovery program by double-clicking its icon.
connect your iPhone to your computer
Connect iPhone with broken screen to computer via USB cable. Then iPhone Data Recovery will start to detect and scan your iPhone automatically.
Now you can choose to recover data in “Recover from iOS device” mode. After that, you can click the Start Scan button to get the files for the broken iPhone. Select the files you want to recover from the scan results.
Sava data as a backup
Preview and retrieve contacts, photos, messages and other data from iPhone broken screen. You can click the “Recover” button to get the files you want. Remember to save them as a backup on your computer.
How to unlock iPhone if the screen is unresponsive?
To do this, you need to perform a “hard reboot” of the device by simultaneously holding down the “Home” and “Power off / on the device” buttons. After 15-20 seconds, the smartphone screen will turn off, after which the Apple icon will light up on it. this means that the restart was successful.
How to Turn Off iPhone 11 If the Screen Doesn’t Work?
- Press and hold the volume up or down and the side button until the Power off slider appears.
- Move the slider and then wait 30 seconds for the device to turn off.
How to unlock iPhone without fingerprint?
How to unlock iPhone or iPad with one tap without pressing the Home button (for iOS 13 and newer)
- Open the “Settings” application;
- Go to the section “Accessibility” → “Home button”;
- Activate the “Swipe to open” option.
How to unlock the screen on iPhone?
To unlock iPhone, enter the device connected with the Apple USB cable to the computer in DFU mode:
- hold the iPhone power button for three seconds,
- without releasing this button, hold down the “Home” key,
How to Reset iPhone with Broken Screen?
Step by Step to Unlock Broken Screen iPhone
- Start Unlocking iPhone on Computer
- Connect iPhone to Computer
- Put iPhone into recovery mode
- Download firmware package
- Start Unlocking iPhone with Broken Screen
- Step 6.
How to Restart iPhone 10 If the Screen Doesn’t Work?
How to restart iPhone 10 if it freezes
- Hold and quickly release the volume up button.
- Hold and quickly release the volume down button again.
- Hold down the on / off button (Power key). Hold it until the iPhone screen darkens.
The sensor on the phone does not respond what to do
To restore the normal functionality of your phone’s sensor, do the following:
- Reboot your gadget. This often helps to effectively fix a problem with a phone sensor;
- Wipe the screen of the gadget with a soft, clean cloth (microfiber) moistened with an appropriate liquid for cleaning displays;
- Remove the protective case from the phone (if applicable) to make sure it does not interfere with the correct operation of the sensor;
- If the sensor is partially interrogated, test the device screen using the phone’s built-in diagnostic tool. Dial the combination on the phone:
#. for most Android phones, especially Samsung;
###. for most Sony Xperia phones;
In the menu that appears, select, for example, “TSP Dot Mode”, and by clicking in different areas of the screen, view which parts of the sensor are not being scanned, this can help fix the problem in which the touchscreen does not work.
- If the device is overheated, move it to a cool place and let it cool down;
- Tap gently several times on each corner of the screen. this method has proven to be effective for many users;
- If your protective film is not glued correctly (air bubbles, dirt, etc. are visible under it), replace the protective film (contact a specialist for its correct installation on the phone);
- Temporarily remove the SD and SIM cards (memory card and phone card) from the gadget in order to make sure that they are not the cause of problems in the phone’s operation;
- If small (or larger) cracks are visible on the display, most likely you will need a complete replacement of your sensor at a service center;
- If your touchscreen has shifted or peeled off, contact a service center to fix this defect. Otherwise, you can use a regular hair dryer to style your hair, with which you need to soften the glue on which the screen is attached to the phone case, and then install the screen in place (perform this operation only if you have sufficient qualifications). This must be done if the sensor on your device does not work;
- Boot your phone in Safe Mode to make sure that one of the commonly launched applications is not the cause of the problems in question. If the phone started to function normally, you should uninstall recently installed updates one by one in order to identify the culprit of the problem.
We restore the operation of the sensor through safe mode
To boot into safe mode, turn off the phone completely (including by removing the battery). Then press and hold the Power button to turn on the gadget. When the logo of Samsung, Nexus, LG, etc. appears on the screen, release the power button and then hold down the Volume Down button. Press this button when your device boots up, and you will see the inscription “Safe mode” at the bottom left of the screen.
- Calibrate your device if the sensor has not recovered. To do this, you can use the appropriate applications, for example, “Touchscreen Calibration”;
- Update the OS of the device (if there are updates), as well as install all updates to the software available on the phone, this can help get rid of the problem of a non-working sensor on the mobile;
- If you have a suspicion of a breakdown of the internal components of the phone, contact the service center with this problem;
- If you install an incorrect firmware, install the “native” firmware of this phone;
- The radical way is to reset your phone to factory settings in Recovery Mode. Please note that all your information on the phone (including the phone book) will be lost due to such an operation. Enter “Recovery Mode”, select “Wipe data / factory reset” there, and then select “Reboot system now” to reboot the device in normal mode.
Select “Wipe data / factory reset” to reset your phone to factory defaults
Reasons for a broken phone sensor
Consider the common reasons for the failure of a phone sensor. They can be as follows:
- Accidental failure of the device;
- There is a lot of dirt and grease on the screen of the gadget;
- The protective film on the screen of the device does not fit tightly enough to the screen (air bubbles are visible between the screen and the film, dirt, etc.);
- The device has overheated due to various reasons, or has undergone a sharp temperature drop;
- Moisture got inside the phone, which led to oxidation of the contacts;
- The sensor is physically damaged due to impact;
- The sensor is dislodged or peeled off;
- SD card or SIM card is unstable;
- The work of any applications led to the freezing of the device and the sensor of the mobile device;
- The phone memory is full, as a result of which the phone cannot correctly service the touch screen;
- The internal components of the phone (board, loop, etc.) are out of order;
- Installing an incorrect phone firmware led to problems with the sensor.
The sensor on the phone does not work what to do
Modern touchscreen mobile phones are a generally recognized attribute of our life. Their rich functionality and broad capabilities allow them to be used to solve a variety of tasks that are not limited to classic phone calls. The wealth of options for using such devices leads to their gradual failure, and one of the most common breakdown options is the dysfunction of the sensor on the phone, when the latter simply stops responding to pressing (or reacts extremely badly). In this article I will tell you what are the causes of such dysfunction, and what to do if the sensor on the smartphone does not function.
If your phone does not have a sensor, then I recommend using the tips I listed above. If it is impossible to identify the specific cause of the breakdown, I recommend contacting your gadget with a service center. it is quite possible that your device will need a complete replacement of the touch panel.
IPhone sensor malfunctions
Despite the fact that Apple products are of very high quality, iPhone owners often face such a problem as a non-working sensor, or, as it is also called, a touchscreen. The sensor may not work partially, or completely fail.
A variety of factors can cause the screen to not work. These reasons, first of all, include all kinds of mechanical defects as a result of physical impact on the iPhone. A striking example is shown above, due to a strong impact when the iPhone 5 is dropped, the touchscreen will not work in 98% of cases.
Manifestations of an incorrectly working sensor on the iPhone
- IPhone touchscreen ignores and does not respond to touches in certain areas / areas.
- The touchscreen responds with a delay to pressing.
- The iPhone’s sensor ignores all touches, and does not work at all.
- The phone screen (including the sensor) lives its own life: text is randomly typed, applications close and open on their own (without user intervention), pages of documents are flipped incorrectly.
What to do if the sensor stops working? Try the following:
- In case of a periodic display of malfunctioning of the touchscreen on the iPhone (the sensor on the phone works, but its work occurs with a large number of failures and errors), you should perform a full reboot of our device. You can do it this way:
- At the same time we hold down the power button and the “Home” button;
- We keep the buttons in this state for at least 15-20 seconds;
- After that, the iPhone will restart;
- If, as a result, the standard Apple logo appears on the screen. you did everything right.
- If a protective film is glued to the screen of your iPhone, or a new cool bumper partially captures the screen. remove everything and check the sensor performance again. Perhaps the screen will work again, and similar accessories contributed to the malfunction.
It may happen that you do all of the above, but you still don’t get the result, the faulty touchscreen will not come to life? Then, most likely, you should think about a visit to an Apple service center. The service center staff will help assess the condition of the phone, find out the cause of the problem, and, in which case, replace the screen.
By the way, the repair time, namely the replacement of the screen on the iPhone, takes about an hour. Are you surprised? And this despite the fact that such a fast execution does not affect the quality in any way. As a rule, this situation has developed due to the fact that sensor replacement is the most common repair procedure in Apple service centers.
There are times when the screen refuses to work due to deformation or damage to the board. but such breakdowns are quite rare. With such a malfunction, you will have to leave your favorite gadget at the service center for a longer period of time. After all, diagnostics and solving serious problems take longer than a standard sensor replacement.
In order not to ask stupid questions at the service center, remember: all generations of iPhones, from the fourth to the sixth (at the time of this writing, the iPhone 6 Plus is the latest model), are equipped with a touch glass, which is located in the display module and is an integral part of it. The display module itself consists of 3 such elements. the upper glass (protective), the sensor (touchscreen) and the display itself.
That is why, if the touchscreen on the iPhone fails, the entire module will have to be changed. And if you break the display, the whole module changes. And if only the upper protective glass is broken. You already guessed what will need to be changed?
If you have an iPhone 6 or 7, read about sensor repair and calibration in a new article here. We have collected the latest information for you about sensor faults.
Trust iPhone repair only to professionals
Yes Yes Yes!. I also saw hundreds of videos on YouTube and searched on Google for step-by-step master classes on repairing or replacing a sensor on an iPhone. I will even say more, I myself have broken the screen of my iPhone more than once and, following various replacement videos, tried to fix everything. In 50% of cases, my attempts ended in success), this despite the fact that I am a radio amateur and not by hearsay familiar with electronics.
By the way, the last case ended with the fact that, changing the display, I touched an important detail and was left without sound. This part cannot be restored, so now I have to use a “silent” iPhone. You can see a similar video of the repair below.
That is why I recommend to entrust iPhone repair only to people who professionally service Apple equipment, in other words, those who work in official service centers.
By contacting an under-serviced center or buying a cheap fake high-quality part for self-installation, you endanger the device as a whole.
- The part may turn out to be so low-quality that after a short period of time, you will be forced to turn to a professional to eliminate even greater damage.
- As for the unscrupulous service centers, everything is not smooth there either. Firstly, you are not given any official guarantees, and secondly, the same cheap parts can be presented as high-quality.
By contacting the official service center of the manufacturing company, you get a guarantee that the work will be done with high quality, your money will not be wasted, and the device will serve you properly for a long time. over, smartphones like those from Apple have their own subtleties, specifics, individual design features and internal structure. a simple mistake when repairing this technique can lead to unpleasant consequences!
Do not forget to read the comments, there is also a lot of useful information. If there is no answer to your question, and there is an answer to later comments, then the answer to your question is contained in the article, respect someone else’s time.
MAIN FAULTS »iPhone sensor does not work
This problem can arise due to several reasons:
- The iPhone sensor has stopped working, or only a part of the sensor is working, due to a mechanical failure due to the iPhone falling to the floor or being hit. The impact could damage both the iPhone touchscreen itself and the case;
- The iPhone touchscreen does not work due to moisture ingress. If liquid gets on the iPhone, corrosion and short-circuiting may occur on the circuit board, which will cause the iPhone’s sensor to fail;
- The iPhone’s touchscreen chip could fail;
- Faulty iPhone touchscreen controller. This issue can also cause the iPhone’s sensor to malfunction;
- In the previous service, low-quality spare parts were used during the repair.
How to fix iPhone touchscreen problem?
one). If problems with the iPhone touchscreen do not occur often, you can try to restart the device.
The following reset pattern applies to iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5S, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus.
Simultaneously press and hold the Power and Home buttons for 15-20 seconds. If the restart was successful, an Apple (Apple logo) will appear on the iPhone screen. And after a while the iPhone will turn on.
For iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, follow these steps:
Also, as in the previous case, simultaneously press and hold the Power button and the volume down button for 15-20 seconds. If the restart is successful, the iPhone will display Apple and the phone will turn on.
2). The touchscreen of the iPhone does not work well if the protective glass is glued to it, a bumper or case is on.
These accessories may cause screen performance problems. The protective glass may not fit tightly to the screen, and as a result, the sensor will react poorly to interactions with it. Also, a protective bumper or cover can pinch or overlap the screen and indicate poor sensor performance. Remove all accessories and check if the screen is working.
3). If, after the previous recommendations, the iPhone sensor still does not work, the iPhone repair should be entrusted to professionals.
In a specialized Apple service center, the wizard will diagnose the iPhone sensor malfunction and offer options for iPhone repair.
If the reason lies in a malfunction of the display, the service will replace the screen.
In modern smartphones, the display module consists of several parts: a protective glass, a sensor (touchscreen) and a matrix. As a rule, if the iPhone touchscreen malfunctions, the entire display module is replaced. It is not recommended to replace the sensor or display cable separately due to the unreliability of this procedure.
What are the malfunctions of the Touchscreen iPhone?
- The touchscreen of the iPhone responds poorly to touches, or does not react to them at all;
- IPhone screen responds to press with a delay;
- IPhone apps “take on a life of their own.” Programs spontaneously turn on or off abruptly. Text is randomly typed in messages. Pages are turned with difficulty;
- The sensor does not work in certain areas of the screen.
What to do if iPhone sensor is not working?
IPHONE SENSOR DOES NOT WORK
Sometimes you may notice that the iPhone sensor is intermittently not working for you. Or the iPhone sensor has stopped working altogether.
IPHONE SCREEN REPLACEMENT PRICES