How to know if your iPhone is new and not used?
The easiest and surest way is to use the Apple website:
- We’ll need a serial number. over, if you are just going to buy a device, then it is not even necessary to activate it. you can always look at the box, or, what is more reliable, at the activation stage, click on the “i in a circle” icon. However, there are other ways to find out IMEI.
- We go to the official Apple website in the section “checks eligibility for service and support”. here is the link.
- Enter the serial number and look at the result.
There may be many options, but in order to make sure that the iPhone is new, we are only interested in two:
- IPhone needs to be activated. it means that the device is new and no one has used it.
- Estimated expiration date. It should end exactly one year after the first activation and inclusion. Here already look at the situation. if you are sold a phone under the guise of a new one, but the estimated service date ends in a couple of months. they lie to you and the iPhone is at least used.
Received any other messages that you do not understand? The decryption is in the article about the results of checking the eligibility for service and support.
How to tell the difference between a new and refurbished iPhone?
There is one small snag in this question.
The thing is that there are officially and unofficially refurbished iPhones.
What is the difference between officially refurbished iPhones?
We all know that Apple does refurbish and market certain iPhones like new.
Do you want to know in more detail what these devices are? I have a good article on the topic. read it, there is a lot of useful information.
How do you find out that you have a restored device in front of you? In fact, there are not so many ways:
How To Spot A Fake iPhone
- The first and most important is the type of box (it will be different).
- Lettering on the box. next to the serial number you will see RFB.
- The price will be lower than the “regular” model.
There are no other differences. These are the same devices as the new ones. They have a full warranty and are verified in the same way on the Apple website. You don’t need to be afraid of them.
How to tell a new iPhone from a used or refurbished iPhone?
It’s another matter when such questions are asked online. what to do in this case? The correct answer is to write a good article. And now she is ready! Keep instructions on how to find out and understand which iPhone you bought (are going to buy). new, used or refurbished?
How to identify “artisanal” refurbished iPhones
In fact, these are the same used devices that are assembled in some unknown place and it is not clear how. This means that you can also distinguish them. check by the serial number on the Apple website. If the warranty has passed, then the iPhone is not new.
And all would be fine, but many sellers, selling unofficially (read, in basement workshops) restored iPhones under the guise of new ones, go to all sorts of tricks and try to confuse the buyer:
- Say, this is some kind of special phone (Eurotest, Chinese, American, special). so the check does not work. Remember, verification on the Apple website should always work.!
- The serial number on the box is forged. a random IMEI is indicated, which has not yet been activated. And the device, in fact, has a different number.
But the worst thing is that craftsmen can change the serial number directly in the phone. What to do and how to find out the truth?
- Check IMEI by command # call button. By dialing it (like a regular call) you will see the serial number. compare it with the one indicated on the box and in the settings.
- The most time consuming but most reliable is to restore iPhone firmware via iTunes. After this procedure, all interference with the operating system, if any, will disappear.
Well, then we act “according to the knurled pattern”. go to the Apple website, check and draw conclusions.
- The surest and surest way to know if an iPhone is new is to check it out on Apple’s website. Depending on the results of the check, it will already be possible to draw a conclusion. a used device or not.
- Sometimes the serial number can be spoofed to pass off an unofficially refurbished iPhone as a brand new device. Therefore, we look at the IMEI not only on the box, but also in the device settings (ideally, restore the firmware via iTunes. if the serial is changed in any way, then after this procedure the real numbers will “return”).
- Officially refurbished iPhones are virtually indistinguishable from regular iPhones. The only difference will be in the picture and the inscription on the box, the price.
Perhaps these are the most important points from all of the above. I hope that the information was useful. if it helps at least a few people (saves them from buying a “bad” gadget, reassures and assures that the iPhone they bought is really new), then it will be very good!
Where is the iPhone made?
Apple equipment sold in Russia was created at factories located in the PRC and in other Asian countries.
Accordingly, the question of how to distinguish a Chinese iPhone from the original is not entirely correct. It is rather about how to distinguish a gadget made in a factory owned by Apple and which is real, from a phone created “clandestine” in an enterprise that produces imitations.
For example, in network markets a lineup of Apple iPhone 6s smartphones will cost 20-30 thousand rubles. And the 6s is the most unpopular model, criticized by Apple device users since its release. Plus it is outdated.
How much will the current models cost? The Apple iPhone 11 smartphone costs 60-70 thousand rubles. The 8s lineup has been steadily holding the position of 45-50 thousand rubles for more than one year. It is impossible to buy a new iPhone and pay less than 20,000 rubles, neither at sales, nor at promotions held in shopping centers.
What to look for?
- Box decoration.
- Type of gadget.
How to Check if iPhone is REAL!
According to the famous saying. “the devil is in the little things.” In the case of iPhones, this saying is true, it is the details, the little things that will help to recognize the imitation.
- USB adapter;
The real phone in the box lies on a thick paper envelope, which contains:
- clips for removing and installing the SIM card;
- Supporting documentation.
The quality of the components must be checked before purchasing the phone. Do not be shy about the seller, you need to open the envelope and study the documentation, open the packages and check the cable, adapter, headphones.
Sellers offering original Apple items have no fear of people leaving the room without buying a phone. On the contrary, sellers themselves strive to open the packaging and demonstrate to buyers both the phone itself and its components.
Type of gadget
People who are able to compare the original and the imitation claim that the differences are obvious, and it is simply impossible to ignore them or not notice.
iPhone pleasantly cools the palm when touched, its weight is felt in the hand. This feature is due to the fact that the body is made of aluminum, not plastic. Plastic case. a sign of counterfeit.
Authenticity is also guaranteed by the following nuances:
- Tightly fitted details that give the impression of a monolithic product body.
- The switch, like the buttons, is devoid of even a hint of backlash and is triggered by a barely perceptible touch.
- On the back cover. IMEI, the numbers of the numbers are similar to those indicated in the documentation and the sticker on the box.
The main feature of the original is the aluminum body. Even a copy, indistinguishable at first glance, is never made of metal. As a rule, counterfeits are made of plastic. Taiwanese knockoffs combine aluminum inserts and plastic.
Software analysis is a surefire way to spot imitation. Checking your phone is easy. you need to turn it on.
- Find iPhone;
- sync with iTunes;
- App Store;
Of course, the imitation will not be verified, it will not be possible to synchronize it with Apple services and devices. Accordingly, a simple and effective way to detect imitation is to connect services and register a phone before purchasing it. Sellers offering originals will not oppose such a client’s request, on the contrary, they will connect the gadget themselves and explain to the buyer exactly what they have done and how to use these functions.
How to check a refurbished iPhone or not by serial number?
In fact, you can check the status of the iPhone very simply. you just need to go to the smartphone settings. In the “General” section of the iPhone settings at the very top there is a subsection “About this device”. Shows memory capacity, serial number, device model, and more.
How to understand that you have a real iPhone?
iPhone: Original or Not. How to distinguish a fake
- In models prior to the iPhone X, it will read: Designed by Apple in California, Assembled in China. Plus model number, FCC ID, IC and IMEI.
- If the smartphone is stupid, it is not necessarily a fake, but you should not buy it.
- Open “Settings” and look for items such as “iCloud” and “Find iPhone”.
How to check iPhone 11 for originality?
Tap Settings on the iPhone home screen, then select General. About this device. Scroll down the screen and find and write down the serial number. Make sure all three numbers match. Verify the authenticity of the iPhone using the SNDeepInfo service.
How to know a refurbished iPhone 6 or not?
The easiest way to tell a refurbished iPhone from a new one is to look at the box. On the packaging of the new iPhone there will be a picture (a picture of the phone). The box from a refurbished (“like new”) iPhone will be just white, with no photos. At the bottom of the box it says Apple Certified Pre-Owned.
How to distinguish the original case on the iPhone 6?
The original cases can be distinguished by the presence of black adhesive tape on the insert with the Apple logo, as well as foam inserts at the top of the lid. Despite the fact that this figure is not a complete guarantee, “Chinese” manufacturers rarely copy these components.
How to find out if the iPhone has a warranty?
- If you don’t have access to your device or computer, you can find your serial number at appleid.Apple.com.
- Go to the service website Check your eligibility for service and support.
- The service will tell you if the owner is entitled to telephone maintenance and the date of the end of the one-year warranty period.
How to recognize a refurbished iPhone by IMEI?
First you need to find out the IMEI, and you can do this in several ways.
- On the package, under the serial number should be located IMEI.
- On the SIM tray.
- In the menu: Settings. General. About this device.
- Dialing #.
How to tell an original iPhone from a fake one
Each new iPhone model in Russia is becoming more and more popular. This is explained by the presence of all advanced technologies and functions in this gadget. But at the same time the price for it is gradually growing up. So people start buying older models from each other several times cheaper. This popularity of the iPhone is also attracting Chinese companies that are trying to create some kind of similarity of these smartphones. Therefore, when buying from hand, you should carefully examine the device and make sure of its original quality.
How to understand that this is the original iPhone
If a person has used a real smartphone from Apple at least once, it will not be difficult for him to distinguish it from a Chinese counterfeit. Otherwise, you will have to resort to a more detailed examination.
The original iPhone should be packed in a high-quality cardboard box with even corners and a mandatory sticker with the model name, serial number, and so on. The kit should include: charger, headphones, USB adapter, paper clip for removing the SIM card tray, technical documentation. Each component must be packed in a separate bag and occupy its own specific place in the box. These are all the little things that you still need to pay attention to.
Now for the smartphone itself. It should have one SIM tray. The Chinese version can have two or three of them in one device. Also, the original does not have any retractable antenna to amplify the signal, and the rechargeable battery is built into the device itself and cannot be removed, which cannot be said about a fake.
The logo on the back of the gadget should not be a sticker.
Also, a real iPhone does not come with a stylus. When you turn on the phone, no Chinese words should pop up on the screen. Also, a real iPhone has a very sensitive sensor. Therefore, when working with it, you do not need to make an effort to switch to a new screen. The original smartphone has a display with a very high pixel density and excellent clarity.
The greatest attention should be paid to the Russified menu. There should be no mistakes or shortcomings in it. For example, in the “Settings. General” menu there should be an item “Firmware update”. It doesn’t exist in the Chinese version.
The Chinese have learned to make counterfeits for the products of all famous brands. IPhones are no exception. But, nevertheless, it is not so difficult to distinguish an original from a fake, even at home.
How to understand the original iPhone or not
Apple products are very popular, so there are many craftsmen who, with varying degrees of success, try to make counterfeit products. As a rule, such counterfeit goods come from our Chinese neighbors. In the Celestial Empire, another copy of the iPhone is released almost every day, but it does not differ in its long service life. In addition, taking this fake out of the box, you can find that it does work on the Android operating system.
IPhone visual check
- the presence of several slots for SIM-cards. iPhones are sold with one SIM card without any exceptions, additional space indicates a fake;
- the iPhone case is non-separable under normal conditions, that is, without special equipment, neither the seller nor the buyer can remove the back panel in order to get, for example, a battery and install SIM cards under it. such an iPhone will not be original;
- a clear discrepancy in the diagonal of the screen and, accordingly, the incorrect dimensions of the case. you can check the exact data on the brand’s website;
- often on the market there are iPhones with a retractable antenna, which also cannot be in the original configuration of the phone;
- The quality of Apple screens is significantly better than their counterfeits, thanks to the patented RETINA technology, which provides a high pixel density and, accordingly, image quality. grainy screens indicate a fake;
- the logo on the back panel of the iPhone is applied using a special technology; this is not paint, much less a sticker;
- poor touch screen response. if you have to make an effort to swipe the screen left or right, the iPhone is fake;
- there can be only one button on the front panel of the iPhone. Home, the presence of additional ones is proof of a fake;
- the back panel should be labeled “Designed by Apple in California, Assembled in China”, indicating that the device was designed in California and manufactured at Apple’s manufacturing facilities located in China;
- the whole phone must be correctly Russified, if hieroglyphs or other problems with language recognition are found in the menu, the iPhone is not original.
Since the equipment of the phone is different for different series of the device, it is necessary to pay attention not only to the box, but also be sure to check the serial number.
- depending on the iPhone model, the equipment with which it is sold in a branded box is also different;
- in order to know exactly how many products should be when buying, you need to watch an overview video or information on the official website of the brand;
- the absence of one of the mandatory elements of the configuration, as well as the presence of an additional one, indicates that the device is fake.
Checking the serial number
The real iPhone has its own serial number. Depending on the model, it is located in a certain place. Following the instructions on the brand’s website, it will not be difficult to find it.
- 3G, 3GS, 4 and 4s. IMEI / MEID number and code are indicated on the SIM card tray.
- 55s, 5c, SE, 6, 6 Plus. it can be found in “Settings” or on the box of the device, and the IMEI / MEID code (14 digits) is indicated by engraving on the back panel.
- 6s, 6s Plus, 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus, X, XS Max, XS is in Settings, and the IMEI / MEID code is on the SIM card tray. If necessary, you can specify it in the support service.
Serial numbers should be checked on a special page of the official website of the brand and only there. Trusting third-party services is not recommended.
If it is not possible to turn on the device and find out its serial code in the settings, you can use iTunes:
- You need to connect your iOS device to your computer and turn on iTunes if the program does not start automatically.
- Next, you need to find the connected device and go to the “Overview” tab to see all the information about it.
- if the phone box has been preserved, the number can be found on the barcode;
- if you have a device with OS 10.3 or later and logged into the same Apple ID account, you need to go to Settings, find the device you need and see the information there.
You can also find out the serial number through the support service by contacting it through the official website.
Box and equipment
Also, in order to understand whether the iPhone 7 is fake or not, you should pay attention to its packaging. Upon purchase, you should receive:
- Hardboard box with factory film.
- Instructions for the phone with the Apple logo.
- Original headphones, charger and cable. Everything is white. The wires must be flexible and soft.
- Headphones should be free of corners, sagging or burrs.
- Also, the serial number of the phone must be written on the box, and coincide with the inscription on the case.
Inspect the exterior
Housing. First of all, there should be no gaps between the screen and the case, the display must fit snugly to the base. Attention should also be paid to the buttons: they should be without “backlash”, easy to press, with a characteristic smooth click. No crunching or crackling is allowed. this is a clear sign of a fake.
Examine the inscriptions on the case itself: so that they are even, read without problems, and have no errors and typos. Also here is the model number and IMEI, which can be checked on the official Apple website.
You can even identify a copy by the paint of the case: if it is erased and leaves marks on your hands, you should immediately put such an iPhone aside. Sometimes a plastic case is also installed on fakes instead of an aluminum one. the material is very easy to distinguish: aluminum keeps cold, and if you knock on it slightly, you will hear a characteristic metallic sound.
Screen. On the iPhone, the screen is always deep black and can only be slightly lighter than the body if the smartphone is made in a dark color. If the screen is gray or noticeably lighter than the body, it is no longer original. This does not mean that the entire smartphone is a fake, but it makes it clear that the iPhone at least visited a dubious service center.
Camera. The camera lens must be flat and neatly positioned in the designated area on the body. Dust under the glass of the camera and other suspicious effects are also indicative of opening and repair.
Back panel and ports. In no case should the Apple logo be pried off with a fingernail. it is made of stainless steel and is reliably recessed into the lid, as it is an element of it. The back cover must not be removed: the iPhone case of any model is monolithic.
There should be no antennas, unnecessary parts and ports (except for 3.5 mm and Lightning, and with the iPhone 7. only Lightning). There are no memory card slots in the iPhone SIM tray. only for a SIM card (Nano format).
Pay attention to the Lightning port. on the sides there are neat bolts with a thread for a five-sided screwdriver. If the bolts are damaged, the threads are torn off or there are noticeable scratches, then the device was opened, and of poor quality. The originality of the “filling” can be immediately questioned.
It is also worth testing the Sound / Vibration switch slider on the side end. there should be a clear vibration response when switching to quiet mode.
How to tell if your iPhone is charging?
The topic of this material can affect any owner of an iPhone. Let’s talk on the topic: “How to understand that the iPhone is charging?” and most often this question arises at the beginning of using a new device.
Despite the fact that the iPhone is considered very simple to use, there are many nuances. But when you recognize them, then you realize how logical and simple everything is.
So let’s figure it out, maybe everything is not as difficult as it seems.
Signs of charging when the iPhone is off
When your iPhone is completely turned off, things are completely different. Let’s say you have a smartphone and you connected a charger. With a completely discharged device, the first 15 minutes there may be no signs at all. This means that you shouldn’t panic right away.
When the battery is slightly charged, an almost empty indicator with a red stripe appears, which indicates a low battery level.
The phone may flash intermittently and this is also normal. Then the battery is filled and when it reaches 100 percent, the indicator will be completely green.
IPhone components are out of order
There are no perfect gadgets, and even having paid a large sum of money for an Apple device, you should not think that it will be just perfect and should work forever. Over time or due to the combination of circumstances and the way you use the iPhone, you may experience the following problems:
- the phone gets very hot;
- discharges quickly and the charge indicator is very unstable;
- cannot be charged with any cable;
Power controller. this is what can cause these problems, and if you are not sure what exactly is happening with your gadget, then we just go to the service center, because you yourself cannot change it.
Usually it does not cost a lot of money and after spending a small amount of money, your beloved iPhone will be back in service.
Reasons If iPhone Won’t Charge
If something goes wrong from the above, then this means that there are some problems. They are also solvable and there are a set of common reasons why an iPhone might not charge.
I assure you one hundred percent that one of them just concerns you and you can find the answer in the following points.
How to know if iPhone is original or not
How to check if iPhone is original or not by IMEI?
Check for originality is also carried out through the IMEY iPhone. You can find out the IMEI number in several ways:
Find on the packaging with a barcode. IMEI is lower than the serial number.
Through the “Settings” of the gadget. The path that the user needs to go through. “Settings”. “General”. “About this device”.
Through a combination. It is enough to dial # and the IMEI number will appear on the screen.
IMEY consists of 15 digits. alphabetic characters do not occur.
It is possible to check the authenticity of the gadget by IMEI using two services:
How to check an iPhone for authenticity on the Apple website?
This method is the most suitable, because to use it you don’t even need to open the box and take out the device itself. Follow the instructions:
Look for the serial number of the device on the package. it should be located on the back of the box between the IMEI and the Part No. Serial number consists of 11 or 12 characters (numbers and letters).
If the iPhone is printed and activated, check the “serial numbers” on the package and in the device settings (path “Settings”. “General”. “About this device”).
Go to the website http://www.Apple.com/ru/ and in the upper right corner select the “Support” tab.
Scroll down and find the Warranty & Repair section. Here you need to follow the link “Check warranty status”.
Enter the serial number of the device in the special window, then enter the captcha code.
After entering the data, click “Continue”. If you entered the number incorrectly, the system will display the following message:
Recheck the serial number. If there are no errors, then the iPhone is “gray”, and you need to refuse to purchase it.
After correctly entering the “serial” of the activated iPhone, you will see the following screen:
Pay attention to the checkmark in the green field opposite the item “Actual date of purchase”. it is this that confirms that the gadget is original. The rest of the points are devoted to the international warranty for the device, which has a duration of 1 year from the date of purchase, and the right to a free consultation by phone. the owner of the iPhone can exercise this right within 3 months. As you can see, using the service, you can establish not only the authenticity of the device, but also the approximate period of use of the gadget (more than 3 months, more than a year). In our case, the warranty has already expired, so the system offers only paid appeal.
If the iPhone is not yet activated, you will see an exclamation point in the yellow box and the caption “You must confirm the date of purchase of the product.”.
The very fact that the service found this device in the database, and did not give an error, confirms the originality of the gadget.
Please note: if the serial number of the gadget begins with a combination of “5K”, then you are looking at an iPhone of the Refurbished category, that is, refurbished by the manufacturer or seller. Refurbished iPhone cannot be called completely new, despite the fact that the repair is usually of high quality and that Apple gives a full guarantee for such a device.
This service allows you to check how high-quality the hardware of the tested smartphone is. as a rule, “underground” manufacturers use the lowest-grade components. CNDeepInfo service is universal and suitable for checking not only iPhones, but also gadgets of other brands.
Enter the IMEI number in the window and click the “Check” button. The result of the check will consist of several parts. First part. certificate.
The certificate confirms that the Apple iPhone is not stolen or lost by the original owner.
If you want to know more about what information the certificate gives, click on the round button with the letter “i”. in the picture it is circled in red.
A certificate in the form of a banner can be inserted into other resources. Click the button “HTML-code to embed on sites and forums”, and you will have access to all kinds of links and codes:
For example, a link to an image of a certificate can be placed by an iPhone seller in an advertisement for a sale. this will increase the level of trust of potential buyers.
The second block. “IMEI decryption”.
From this block it becomes clear that the whole IMEY can be divided into 3 components:
TAC number. describes the model and origin of the phone (first 8 digits) The serial number of the gadget. is unique for each device (6 subsequent digits) Check digit. the 15th digit, which allows you to check the correctness of all the previous ones. The check digit is calculated using the “Moon” algorithm. you can learn more about this algorithm here.
There are no two phones with the same IMEI numbers.
The third block. “Detailed information”.
Alas, detailed information is not available during a free check. after clicking on the “Get information” button, you will be faced with an offer to pay.
If you scroll down the page with the results of the check, you will find the button “Add to the list of lost or stolen”.
If you lose the gadget, you should use this particular button. this way you complicate the task of selling the phone for the attacker.
International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI).
Actually, the site of the international identifier itself is available at www.IMEI.info. To check, you need to enter a 15-digit number in the “Enter IMEI” window.
After entering the number, press “Check”. IPhone information appears on the screen.
If this information is not enough for you, click the “Read” button. a full description of the device’s functionality will appear, accompanied by a photo and 3D animation.
If the iPhone is found in the database by the IMEY number, the gadget is original.
Important: when registering on the website www.IMEI.info through your mailbox, check the “Spam” folder. most likely, a letter with a proposal to activate your account will be there.
It is better to check the iPhone by serial number and IMEI if you buy a sealed gadget. the seller is unlikely to agree to open the package just for you to look at the smartphone. But when buying an iPhone from hands without a box and documents, it is very important to pay attention to visual inspection. the typical signs of Chinese counterfeits are described here.
The back of the iPhone 5
All smartphones produced under the original American brand have a non-removable back panel. Only service personnel have the right to unscrew the miniature screws with which the panel is attached to the body of the device. With the right tool, changing the battery on your iPhone 5 yourself will void your warranty. On counterfeit devices, it is usually easy to remove the back panel.
Usually, Chinese manufacturers “stuff” their devices with a number of additional, sometimes completely unnecessary functions. So, for example, a fake phone can work as a television receiver (by the way, the signal quality is poor). Also, very often counterfeit iPhones are equipped with two SIM card slots. Nothing of the sort is included in the original iPhone 5.
The body of the device and the color of the iPhone 5
The original iPhone 5 only ships in an aluminum case. no options here. If you see a smartphone in a plastic case, it is probably a fake. The latter is usually much lighter than the original. The original iPhone 5 is available exclusively in two colors. black and white. All other devices (red, blue, yellow) are fake.
At first glance, a Chinese-made phone is no different from the original, and a person who has never held an iPhone 5, for example, can easily become a “happy” owner of a fake. However, this sad truth affected not only the legendary American brand. approximately the same situation is observed with smartphones Nokia, Sony, HTC and other well-known manufacturers.
In order not to fall for the bait of clever scammers who sell Chinese counterfeit devices, it is important to pay attention to the appearance of the phone, its functions and the structure of the operating system.
IPhone 5 operating system
The original iPhone 5 runs on iOS 6. It is not possible to find out which operating system the Chinese device is running on. Counterfeit menus, as a rule, contain many abbreviations and errors. For example, instead of the word “organizer”, you can observe the word “organizer” or some other.
And the main difference between the original iPhone 5 is its price. If the cost of a new device is 150-200, you can be 100% sure that it is a fake.
Determine if the real iPhone X
The new gadget from Apple has conquered the world with its design, frameless screen and technologies embedded in it. The main feature is the bangs cutout at the top of the display. It’s not just a dark spot on the screen, besides the speaker, it houses a front-facing camera and a FaceID sensor. The Chinese have not yet learned how to fake this feature of this smartphone, despite the fact that there are fakes, they are still of rather low quality.
The picture shows a low-quality fake iPhone X.
Difference in appearance
The original device must be well assembled, no gaps between the blocks are allowed. The body should fit snugly in the hand, any crunch or crack is a direct indicator that this is a fake. Another feature is the Home button, in fakes it is non-functional and does not have a built-in fingerprint scanning sensor, but simply calls the application menu.
Additional ways to distinguish a fake from the original. in appearance:
- pay attention to the back cover of the phone, at the bottom of it there should be an inscription “iPhone, Designed by Apple in California, Assembled in China”. All Apple equipment is assembled at certified factories in China. The presence of certificates of conformity, printed on the panel, is a confirmation of this fact. Although, in fairness, it is worth noting that the latest copies already have such an inscription;
- it should be noted that it is impossible to remove the cover from the back of the device freely; it is necessary to remove the special screws holding it. If the seller easily removes the cover, this is conclusive evidence of a fake. This also applies to the battery, it is tightly attached to the case and it is impossible to pull it out without effort;
- iPhones 5, SE, 6, 6S, 7 and 8 have only one SIM card slot, the 2-SIM function is implemented only in 10;
- microSD slot will help you understand that the iPhone is original. Such a connector is not provided in original devices, as well as a retractable antenna;
Pay attention to the box
You can distinguish the original iPhone from a fake by the box in which it was packed. The packaging of the original phone looks rather laconic, matte, monochromatic and embossed in the form of the device itself, without imitating a desktop. The embossing is printed with high quality. This feature is common to all iPhone models.
The box itself is packed in a transparent film, it is evenly distributed over its entire surface. There should be no swelling or other deformation. Apple logo and iPhone inscription on the side without specifying the model.
Another way to test an iPhone for originality is to check the installed operating system. As a rule, a customized version of Android is installed in such devices, which has a similar graphical interface.
First, let’s check the settings menu:
- go to “Settings”;
- open the item “Basic”;
- then we look for the section “Software update”.
In original smartphones, it is located under the item “About this device”, in a fake it is not.
How to distinguish a Chinese iPhone from the original
The following will discuss in detail the features and differences between the original and Chinese iPhone models.
Complete set and accessories
A real iPhone, unlike a fake, has only one SIM card, this applies to all versions of the iPhone (except 10). At the same time, no additional parts should be built into the SIM card slot.
As for accessories, the original set contains Airpods headphones, packed in a plastic case, a lightning cable neatly laid and intercepted with a white tie, and a power supply. At the same time, as for the power supply unit, its appearance may differ in configurations for different countries.
A Lightning cable, when purchased from a “gray seller”, is almost always unoriginal. A fake can be distinguished by the missing inscription along the entire length of the wire “Designed by Apple in California, Assembled in China”. As a rule, such a cable cannot connect a smartphone to a PC and most functions are not available to the user.