With Plug Access technology
If your modem or router supports Plug Access, you can use it to set up your wireless connection. This requires:
- insert the storage device into the USB port on the router (if the light is blinking, then there is access to the network);
- the device is now removed from the router and inserted into the TV;
- immediately after that, the device will begin to transmit the necessary information and establish a connection automatically.
When the network check screen appears, the setup was successful.
If in the process of using the devices the settings of the router are changed, then it is necessary to repeat the procedure to update the data.
Wired LAN connection
This method is to directly connect the TV to an external modem. A standard Ethernet cable is used for this. Most often, this method is used for 5 series TVs that do not use wireless modules.
Connection can be made not only through a modem, but also directly through a network outlet. It is better to know in advance about the possibility of such a connection, since it depends on the specific TV settings.
Depending on whether your home network is dynamic or static, the connection is done slightly differently. For a dynamic network, modems and routers with the support of appropriate technologies are used. Often they automatically set all the necessary parameters.
To implement a connection to a dynamic network, you need to do the following:
After completing the test, the network will be configured. This approach is implemented in devices with DHCP support.
Samsung Smart TV Functions and Features
Samsung Smart TV is not just a TV, but an advanced multifunctional platform. It includes advanced features for viewing various content. Much more this system resembles a traditional computer or smartphone.
Here you can easily use social networks, watch videos and install various applications. These are the features that make Smart technologies so popular.
The main functions of Smart TV include:
- displaying digital television;
- the ability to play content from external sources;
- implementation of search through the Internet;
- installation of various programs and applications;
- watching YouTube;
- video calls via Skype or other systems.
How to connect
Setting up Samsung Smart TV is not possible without an internet connection. This is the only way to use all the functions of the TV. Without the Internet, buying a device is impractical. Consider the methods of connecting TVs of different series to the network.
Registration and account creation
Before you can use all the features of Smart TV, you need to create a Samsung account. This is a fairly simple procedure that does not take much time. To create, you need a stable Internet connection at a speed of at least 20 Mb / s. Otherwise, the data transfer may be delayed or not occur at all.
- turn on the TV and press the “Smart” button on the remote control;
- in the list of applications, select the item “Smart HUB”;
- in the application, select the item “Create an account”;
after accepting the Terms of Service Agreement, the account creation window will appear;
in the corresponding field you will need to enter your username and password using the virtual keyboard;
Now you can use the created account. The TV will log in and allow you to use the full range of functions.
Connecting using WPS
Connecting devices via the WPS function is widely used. In order to implement such a connection, you need to do the following:
- go to the “Network Settings” section;
- select the “WPS” item;
- press the corresponding button with the WPS label on the router and hold it for about 2 minutes;
- at this time, the TV will receive all the necessary settings and enter them into the appropriate fields.
Thus, one button sends all the information to the TV and realizes the automatic configuration of the wireless network. When the setup is complete, the network check screen appears. This means that the connection was made.
Wi-Fi wireless connection
To implement a wireless connection, you need a device that supports this data transfer. 7 series TVs are almost all equipped with the necessary equipment. But sometimes you may additionally need an external WI-FI adapter that connects directly to the TV. This is necessary for those models in which this component is not built.
The TV needs to be connected to a wireless IP device (modem or router). If there is DHCP support, then you can use this protocol and automatically configure the connection.
It is important to select a free channel for the TV, since the use of the same channel by two devices will lead to interruptions and interference.
If you need to connect a WI-FI adapter, it is recommended to turn off the TV first. After connecting the device, it can be turned on. In this case, you can observe some distortion of the image, which can be removed after detailed connection settings. You can also use an extension cord to help you place the adapter in a noise-free location.
Rectangular USB adapters are widely used, which makes it easy to organize an access point. This adapter connects one end to the Samsung Wireless LAN port and the other to the USB port.
You can also use an extension cable. It connects to the USB port and Samsung Wireless LAN Adapter. In this case, the adapter itself can be fixed on the back of the TV.
How To Rescan Channels On A Samsung TV
After all the manipulations, you will need to proceed with the direct TV setup. An important place in this case is allocated to the system of protection of accounts and the network as a whole. For protection, a security code is used, which should be as complex as possible. Otherwise, it will not be easy to protect the network from intrusion.
A combination of letters and numbers is used as a password.
It is recommended to use different case letters. The password is entered during the initial wireless setup, and then each new connected device must use the network with this password.
It is worth noting. That if the connection speed is lower than 10 Mbps, then there may be problems with automatic configuration. In this case, manual input of parameters may be required.
After that, the connection will be configured and you can start using the functionality of the device.
How to set up TV on Smart TV Samsung: expand the capabilities of the TV
Modern televisions greatly expand the possibilities for viewing programs. Now these are not just TV signal receivers, but real multimedia centers. The leading positions in this area are occupied by Samsung Smart TVs. But if you mess with the device for too long and cannot properly set up the TV on the Samsung Smart TV, then after studying this article, all difficulties will be left behind.
Channel setting: automatic, manual
General scheme for searching TV programs for receivers:
- On the console from the console find the “Menu” button, most often it is the Sourc key
- In the window that opens, press HDMI 1. digital broadcasting will go through it.
- Find “Autosearch” and click start. The set-top box itself will select the appropriate frequency and save TV programs.
The exact sequence of searching for TV channels depends on the selected model of the receiver or the cellular operator to which you connected to watch digital TV.
Steps for setting up channels on Smart TV
“Smart TVs” are considered the most modern and high-quality models. They adjust automatically depending on the type of signal. Most modern TVs support Smart broadcasting. To clarify the information, you can go to the official website of the manufacturer.
The broadcast quality depends on the speed of the home Internet. Setting up digital television on a Samsung Smart TV follows the steps below:
No additional configuration is required. If the signal and quality of the Internet is poor, there will be interference on all channels.
How to connect and configure the set-top box
Before setting up digital television on Samsung TVs through a set-top box, you need to assemble and connect the equipment. To do this, do:
- Check the antenna installation, which should be matched with the attachment. Installation and adjustment instructions are included with the equipment. Cellular operators offer cable connection through a common wire in the entrance.
- Select and purchase a suitable receiver. It is selected by the number of additional options. There are options with the ability to record information, media player function, scheduler, TimeShift.
- Look at the option of connecting the receiver to TV: tulips, HDMI, antenna cable. Get an adapter.
- Connect the equipment and turn it on. Adjust the 20 basic channels available for free viewing.
If you want to watch more channels, you will have to buy a special CAM module for the receiver with an antenna. Then the number of TV shows will depend on the selected package.
Features of viewing channels through a set-top box
When choosing a digital set-top box, you should pay attention to the connecting cable connected to the TV. See which connectors you have: HDMI 2.0 or 2.1, tulips. Purchase an adapter to connect the set-top box and TV.
Manual for models with a DVB-T2 tuner
Digital broadcasting on modern TVs that receive signals without a set-top box must be configured through the menu. It is better to run auto-tuning, which will automatically read all available TV programs and save them under numbers. If you choose the “manual” option, you will have to tune each channel for a long time.
Instructions for tuning digital channels on Samsung TVs with a built-in DVB-T2 tuner in automatic mode:
- Go to the TV menu. Looking for the section “Broadcasts”.
- Open the item “Auto-tuning”.
- Indicate the signal source: antenna, cable, satellite.
- Determine the type of channels. choose digital broadcasting.
- Click on the “Search” button and select the “Full” option and “Scan”.
- You are waiting for the configuration to complete. Find “Save” and enjoy digital.
There are situations when automatic tuning does not work, then you have to search and save channels manually.
Manual search: instruction
Here’s how to manually tune digital channels on a Samsung TV:
- Go to the menu, choose a cable instead of an antenna.
- Click in the item country. Eastern Europe.
- If necessary, enter the pin code: 0000, 1111, 1234.
- In the parameters, select the frequency limits from 298 to 362 thousand kHz.
- Go to the settings and set the channel type to “digital”.
- In the search mode, put “network” and press the search for available options.
- Save found channels.
Unnecessary programs can be removed if necessary. To do this, just go to the “Broadcast” subsection and open the “Dispatcher” there. Removal goes through the “Tools” button.
Samsung TV varieties
Samsung has been making home appliances since 1930. In 1998, the company introduced the world’s largest LCD TV, measuring 30 inches. Modern models can be divided into 3 options:
- Models with built-in tuner for DVB-T digital reception
- External device options.
- TVs that do not support digital signal need a set-top box.
The digital channels themselves are broadcast via the Internet for Smart TV or via IPTV. Before setting up the equipment, you need to find out if the TV supports DVB-T2, and specify the year of manufacture and model.
What to do if the TV does not see channels when searching
Auto setup for digital TV on Samsung doesn’t always go smoothly. The causes of failures may lie in the antenna, receiver, and the correct connection of the TV to the equipment. To eliminate and restart autosearch, you must:
- Check if the receiver is connected to the TV correctly. If the connection is incorrect, the TV does not recognize the device and when you press HDMI 1, the information “no signal” will be displayed.
- Reset receiver settings to factory settings. perform a complete reboot. To do this, go to the menu, find the item “Settings” and “Reset” or “Restore factory settings.” If a password is required, enter 0000, 1111 or 1234.
- Try reconfiguring or reconnecting the antenna. You can purchase a signal booster that will provide a good connection. Consider the location of the house in relation to the tower. The further it is, the more the antenna is needed.
The exact recommendations for advanced digital TV settings on Samsung TV vary by hardware model.
Set up digital TV channels on your Samsung TV
Samsung is one of the most trusted brands in the digital TV market. The most difficult task that you most likely faced yourself is setting up channels. Despite the intuitive interface, it is far from immediately possible to master the search principle on your own. Therefore, we wrote this article, in which we told as much as possible how to set up digital television on Samsung.
Adding local analogue channels
If from the very beginning during auto-tuning it was indicated that both digital and analogue broadcasting was being searched, then nothing needs to be added, all TV channels have already been found. You also need to remember that some modern TV models no longer support manual tuning of terrestrial channels, they need to re-scan the entire range in auto-tuning mode.
- Turn on the menu, open the “Broadcast” tab.
- Select signal source. In our case, this is an antenna.
- Go to Manual Configuration Mode.
- Specify search for analogue channels only.
- Select “Create”.
- Searching for analogue broadcasting channels will take a few minutes.
H, F, E and J Series
For models of this series, the setup process will look slightly different:
- Turn on the TV and use the “Source” button on the remote to select “TV”.
- Open the menu (by the button of the same name or “Keypad” and by selecting the “Menu” item on the screen).
- Select “Broadcast” and then “Auto Tuning”.
- Activate auto-tuning again.
- In the warning message about changing the settings, click the “Start” button.
- Select the source from which the signal will come: “Antenna” if you are configuring the reception of free broadcasting of the DVB-T2 standard, or “Cable” if you are connecting cable TV.
- Specify the type of channels. It is better to select “Digital and Analogue” here, so as not to repeat later a separate setting for the analogue programs remaining on the air.
- Select the scan type. To catch as many channels as possible, select the “Full” option.
- The “Scan” button is pressed.
- After the end of the process, click the “Close” button and exit the menu.
M, Q and LS series
After the cable from the room, street or general house antenna is connected, and the TV itself is turned on, you need to do the following:
- Turn on the general menu using the “Home” button on the remote control.
- Select the “Source” item. In it you need to specify the option “TV”.
- Turn on the menu again using the same button, select “Settings”.
- Go to the line “Broadcast” and select “Auto-tuning”.
- Click the Start button. A warning will appear on the screen stating that as a result the existing list of TV channels will be deleted.
- Select a signal source. You can specify “Antenna” (for terrestrial digital TV), “Cable”, “Satellite dish”, etc., depending on which TV you are connecting.
- Select the type of channels. You can specify “Digital” or “Digital & Analogue”. In the second case, there is no need to further configure the connection of each local analog channel, if they are broadcast.
- If you are setting up paid channels, the interface will ask you to specify the operator. For cable, select “Others”. Since terrestrial television does not have this parameter, we just move on.
- Specify the mode in which the search will be carried out. Select the “Full” option. In this case, the system will search for everything that can be caught from the antenna.
- Start the procedure by clicking the “Scan” button.
- The found channels will appear on the screen (both TV, separately digital and analog, and radio stations) and an indicator showing which part of the range has already been scanned.
- After the completion message, press the “Close” button and exit the menu (on the remote control. “Return”).
How to set up “digital” on an old Samsung that does not support digital TV
If it turns out that the TV set is not capable of receiving the current broadcasting standard or is not equipped with a digital tuner at all, the user can do the following:
- Purchase a new TV. Not the most affordable option.
- Connect a digital set-top box receiver. If you just need to watch programs, then this option will cost several times cheaper than buying a second TV.
A separate difficulty can be associated with the use of the receiver: it does not catch analog TV signals. If you want to watch both local and federal programs, take care of not only the correct antenna type, but also an antenna splitter splitter for the antenna cable. It is needed so that the signal goes to both the receiver and the antenna socket of the TV at the same time. Then the transition between different types of broadcasting will be carried out as follows:
- digital channel required. TV switches to AV mode;
- analog is needed. switching is made to TV mode.
Therefore, first you need to determine which specific TV receiver we are dealing with.
- Take a look at the back panel.
There should be a factory sticker with basic information about the TV: type of power supply, year of manufacture, etc. At the very top there will be a combination of numbers and Latin letters. this is the model code;
- Go to the TV menu.
Select the item “Support” and the item “Contact Samsung”, information about the equipment will appear, including the desired combination of letters and numbers.
Let’s decipher the found number in order to determine the letter denoting the series:
TVs with DVB-T2 support
Modern models with support for DVB-T2 offer digital TV tuning automatically or manually. DVB-T2 is the second generation European standard. For tuning, the user does not need any additional devices, except for the antenna. In such a TV, a tuner is already arranged that catches and transmits a signal.
Preparation and basic settings
To set up digital channels on a Samsung TV, calling the wizard is not necessary, since the process is not complicated. The main thing is that the model supports the DVB-C tuner. Samsung TV set-up methods vary from series to series, but general guidelines apply to each device.
- press the button on the remote control that opens the menu. The appearance and location of the button depends on the model. There is a picture in the manual that shows all the buttons with signatures and their main functions;
- find “Options” / “Automatic search parameters”;
- select the item “Digital signal”;
- wait for the automatic opening of the window, which displays the signal quality;
- specify the option of receiving the signal, receiving frequency and range.
The basic essence remains the same, regardless of the specific model. The main thing is to start, then the setting takes place at an intuitive level. If you encounter difficulties at a particular stage, you can always perform a factory reset and start over.
Automatic channel search
To activate automatic search, you do not need to use additional devices. The process itself usually takes no more than 15 minutes. To activate work:
- use the remote control to open the menu and activate “Broadcasts”;
- in a new window open “Auto-tuning”;
- indicate the source of supply. indoor antenna, satellite, cable;
- in the “Type” item, select digital broadcasting;
- perform the transition “Mode” / “Full” / “Scan”.
The system automatically searches for available channels. At this point, you do not need to do anything yourself. You need to wait a few minutes until the process ends. The search stops after pressing the “Stop” button.
Upon completion of the search, it is recommended to test the signal quality. If there are channels that display a picture in poor quality, you can reset all settings and start searching again.
If you do not want to repeat the steps and these channels are not needed, delete them separately. Navigate to Broadcast / Dispatcher. Check the boxes that you want to delete. Confirm the decision with the “Tools” button located on the remote control.
Be sure to follow the steps carefully, because when connecting automatic search, it is possible to delete channels from an already installed list.
Setting the parameters starts with specifying the broadcasting frequency. First select a signal source, then go to search. The search for channels available worldwide is automatically activated. The user can choose any option they want.
Terrestrial (DVB-T / T2)
DVB-T / T2 is characterized by the greatest demand among users. Special devices and big money are not needed to establish work. The user must have:
- receiver for signal transmission;
- decoder for processing the received information into a format that can be easily received by the device.
This method is considered the easiest to connect.
How to connect digital TV to Samsung TV without a set-top box
The development of innovative technologies has made it possible to watch TV without a set-top box. on this below.
How to tune your Samsung TV to receive digital TV channels
Successful reception depends on the sequence in which the user executes the instruction. If this rule is violated, the signal does not arrive or is characterized by low quality.
The setting takes place in one of two ways.
- Manually. Channels are selected in an automatically generated list. This is done in order to get additional channels without deleting the already produced ones.
- Automatically. Assumes the choice of the frequency range in which channels are determined without human intervention.
Before deciding on a method, you need to set up your TV. Open the general settings, select the language, region and code to save data from loss. As a rule, the digital code is found in the documentation provided with the device.
Tuning Digital Channels on Samsung TV. Step by Step Guide
“How do I tune digital channels on my Samsung TV?”. an actual question for users of devices of this brand. Digital TV has been on the market for several years and has not yet lost its popularity. This is logical, since the user after a one-time installation will no longer waste time and nerves on tuning the antenna. Or constantly tune the TV to watch a different channel. This type of signal transmission involves the likelihood of heavy snowfall, heavy rain or strong winds. Long-term exposure to negative weather conditions can sometimes cause interference, but the operation does not stop completely. About connection methods and configuration methods in this article.