Broadcasting from the phone can be carried out in automatic and manual mode.
In the first case, this is done as follows:
- Connect the TV device and the phone to the same WI-FI network;
- Open YouTube app on TV;
- Synchronization should be done automatically;
- In order to start broadcasting, you need to select “Screen”. “Broadcast” in the phone settings;
- From the list you need to select the device to which the transfer will be performed.
If the transfer does not work, then you can check the Internet connection settings or try to connect manually:
- You need to launch the YouTube application on your TV and go to “Settings”;
- Find the item “Connect the TV to the phone”;
- Check “Manual” on the page;
- Open the YouTube application on the iPhone and also go to “Settings”;
- Select “View on TV” and enter the code that appears on the TV screen;
- After that, the phone display should be duplicated on the TV.
You can also go from your phone to the link: https://www.YouTube.com/TV.
And the connection is performed in the same way as in the application.
Wireless via DLNA
DLNA technology allows compatible devices to share a variety of content over your home network. If we translate the decryption of the abbreviation DLNA, we get the “digital home network alliance”. Connecting devices using this technology can be both wired (ethernet) and wireless (WI-FI).
How to transfer video from iPhone to TV using this technology. To transfer files to TV, consider the wireless method. To do this, we need a WI-FI network, to which it will be possible to connect both the TV and the iPhone.
For LG TV equipment, you will need to install the Smart Share program, and for Samsung. AllShare, for other models you also need to find out which software is suitable for these purposes.
For iPhone, you can download Twonky Beam. The app is free. It has a number of built-in services, with the help of which it is immediately possible to display the image on the TV. Including a built-in browser. When the application starts, you need to determine the device through which the file will be played.
There are also applications such as iMediaShare, TV Assist, Belkin MediaPlay. The principle of their work is similar.
If you plan to frequently use data transfer to TV, then it is better to download a paid program once to ensure full functionality and no advertising. When you start the application, you will need to select a TV from the list and you can start transferring content.
If the TV does not have a WI-FI module or it is not compatible with iPhone applications, you can use a transmitter that connects to the TV device via HDMI input, and receives a signal from the phone wirelessly.
You can install the AirBEAM TV app on your TV and transfer data by enabling AirPlay on your iPhone. But this software is not suitable for all TVs, so first you need to use the trial version (since the application is paid) to check compatibility with your TV.
For example, consider how to use the connection option for a Samsung TV.
- Turn on TV and connect to home network WI-FI.
- On iPhone, launch AirPlay and select a TV from the resulting list of devices.
- Now the phone screen will be mirrored on the TV.
- Except in rare cases, no additional equipment is required;
- Need special applications to connect both devices;
- The data transfer speed may not be too high due to the limited bandwidth (this applies to the wireless connection);
- The emergence of new video formats may not be readable on TV.
Another option is to use Wi-Fi Direct technology. In this case, the transfer will be carried out directly from one device to another without using a router.
In order to use Wi-Fi Direct technology, both TV and mobile devices must support it.
- On the iPhone, find the menu “Wireless networks and connections”. “Wi-Fi Direct.” “Activate”;
- Find “Network”. “Wi-Fi Direct” on the TV equipment;
- Select your iPhone from the list and send a connection request.
Using an Apple TV box
Apple TV is a device designed to transfer data to the TV screen from Internet services, iTunes, any Apple devices: players, computers, smartphones and tablets.
Apple TV provides access to all kinds of video and audio resources, and if you do not have a Smart TV, then it will give it the functionality of such.
This set-top box is a small device that transmits data in streaming mode, that is, it does not store it. Can play HD and Full HD without lag and with multi-channel audio.
Connects Apple TV to TV via HDMI or analog connector.
How to Connect Your iPhone or iPad to Your TV
AirPlay is a technology developed by Apple for wirelessly streaming media content between devices that are compatible with this technology.
After connecting the Apple TV set-top box, you need to connect all devices to the WI-FI network and turn on the AirPlay option on the iPhone.
You can enable Screen Mirroring on iPhone to mirror your phone screen on TV.
But if you do not have an Apple TV set-top box, and you do not want to purchase it (and its cost is rather big), then the question arises whether it is possible to use AirPlay without an Apple TV device.
For displaying on the computer screen, there are programs (at the moment AirServer and Reflector are considered the best) that can replace Apple TV. And dr.fone for IOS, which, among other functions, has the ability to repeat the screen of a mobile device on a monitor.
But in order to play content on a TV without an Apple TV, you need to look for alternative ways. In particular, by installing the iMediaShare application, but this already applies to DLNA technology. Although the application may well replace the purchase of an Apple set-top box.
In addition, analogues of the Apple TV device appear on the market, for example, the BSPW-100U adapter (universal wireless dongle). It supports AirPlay, but you can broadcast through it not only from the iPhone, but also from devices with other operating systems.
6 Ways to Watch iPhone Videos on TV
The development of technology does not stand still. When the operating system began to appear on TVs, it significantly expanded the list of capabilities of this device. In addition to going online, downloading applications, installing games for TV, it became possible to synchronize TVs with their mobile devices. Now, from the TV screen, you can view photos and listen to music that is on your smartphone or tablet, which is much more comfortable to do on a large screen.
Let’s take a look at exactly how you can watch iPhone videos on TV.
This method is only suitable for viewing photos and images, as well as videos that are stored in the Files menu on your phone. In this case, the phone will act as a storage disk and there will be no screen mirroring. To connect, just connect the cable from the iPhone to the Lightning connector of the phone and to the USB port on the TV.
Before connecting the device, it is better to disconnect.
How can I output video from the iPhone in this case and is it possible to watch a movie?
Jailbreak significantly expands the functionality of iPhones, but a device with such plugins is not subject to warranty service and cannot be updated to a new version.
Via Chromecast media player
This device is manufactured by Google. It is designed for streaming media content, but unlike the Apple TV set-top box, it does not have such a set of features. Chromecast is a small gadget, similar to a USB flash drive, which is inserted into the HDMI connector, and transfers from mobile devices via WI-FI.
To transfer images or to view something from iPhone, you need to do the following:
- Download the Google Home app (compatible version of the operating system. iOS 9.1) or Chromecast to your phone.
- You must have a Google account, an HDMI port on your TV and a secure home WI-FI network.
- In the software downloaded to the phone, you need to connect to the Chromecast option and to the WI-FI network.
It should be noted that not all Internet resources will be available in this way. Compatible, for example, are Play Movies and Music, YouTube.
In this case, the screen is not duplicated, but simply the phone sends requests, what and how to search, and the content is downloaded from the Internet.
Photo Cast transfers pictures, photos and videos from gallery to TV well, but for Full HD quality you need a paid version.
But in general, there are still many drawbacks: the connection may be interrupted or data may be transmitted with a delay. And the biggest disadvantage is that there are too few resources from which you can view content.
HDMI, or composite connector
Any modern TV has one or more HDMI ports. This technology allows you to transfer high quality video data at high speed.
It is possible to display the image from the iPhone by directly connecting the cable between the phone and the HDMI TV port. At the same time, it is even possible to show videos in high quality without delay. And it is available for all Smart TVs and regular TVs with the corresponding connector regardless of the model: LG, Samsung, Sony, etc.
How to Share, Cast, View Pictures & Videos from your iPhone or iPad to your TV (2019)
There is no need to install additional software, but you need to connect the Apple Lightning port (or for earlier models. 30-pin) and HDMI / VGA. But, accordingly, you need to purchase an Apple AV cable and Lightning Digital AV adapter.
- Devices are disconnected;
- We connect the cable to the HDMI port on the TV, and the other to the AV adapter;
- We connect the adapter to the iPhone;
- Now you need to turn on both devices;
- After switching on, the desired connection should appear automatically.
If the automatic installation did not occur, then manually it is done like this. On the iPhone, in the settings, activate the transmission via HDMI, and on the TV, select the HDMI signal as the source, which is involved (if there are several ports)
Of the shortcomings, it can be noted that a special wire and adapter are needed to connect, fortunately, the market offers many different options. And the presence of a wire reduces the comfort of use in this way.
If there is no way to connect to HDMI, you can use the composite connector (otherwise called “tulip”) and Apple’s Lightning VGA adapter. This option is suitable if the TV has an analog input.
- Connect adapter to iPhone.
- Connect the cable to the TV (each plug must be inserted into the corresponding jack). In the VGA cable, the audio input is connected separately.
- After connecting the devices, the settings should be loaded automatically. If this does not happen, you will need to perform a manual configuration.
- Turn on the TV to the required input signal. To do this, in the TV settings, the iPhone is selected as the signal source.
- You can now play videos on your phone. over, on earlier iPhone models, only programs that play media content will be displayed, and in later models, the screen will be duplicated.
Composite and 30-pin connector does not support Full HD data transmission
Ways to Connect iPhone to TV
You can transmit information to television wirelessly and wired, using special applications and additional devices and set-top boxes.
Since video from iPhone on TV can be watched using several options. Let us dwell in more detail on each of the methods and determine their advantages and disadvantages.
What you need to know
Although the application is very convenient, it has its own nuances that are worth knowing about. First, it only supports Smart TVs from 2012 and newer. If you are not sure which TV you have, you can check the model on the back.
If you have a Samsung Smart TV, see which letter is in the middle of the model name (on the back of the TV).
UE55_E_S8000 = 2012
UE78_H_U8500L = 2014
If you have an LG Smart TV, it will be more difficult to identify the model. The app developers recommend that you install a free trial version of the app and check if your TV is compatible with it.
How to Display Image from iPhone / iPad to LG or Samsung TV with Smart TV
If you have a Samsung or LG Smart TV, you don’t have to buy an Apple TV or other device to stream your iPhone or iPad to your TV.
The new Mirror for Samsung TV and Mirror for LG TV apps developed by AirBeamTV BV allow you to stream the contents of your iOS 11 device to your Smart TV screen.
In this tutorial, we will show you how the Mirror for LG TV app works, but the Mirror for Samsung TV app should work in much the same way.
For the apps to work, your iPhone / iPad and Smart TV must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network. If so, then you can start.
How to end the broadcast
When you want to finish broadcasting, just open Control Center and click on the Screen Recorder icon.
A notification will appear at the top of the screen stating that the broadcast has been stopped. The TV will return to its normal state.
How to Cast iPhone Screen to LG Smart TV
After connecting both devices to the same Wi-Fi network, follow the steps below:
1) Download and install the Mirror for LG TV application from the App Store (the cost is 379 rubles).
3) Wait for your TV to appear in the list of available ones, and then click on its name.
4) If a window appears on the TV asking if you want to connect the device, using the remote, press Accept / Allow.
5) The application will prompt you to add a screen recording icon to the Control Center and enable access in applications. If you have these settings enabled, you can skip the corresponding steps.
6) Go to Settings → Control Center and enable Access in programs:
7) Then open the Customize Element section. control and add the Screen Recorder icon.
8) Return to the Mirror for LG TV app and skip all instructions by clicking on the button at the bottom of the screen:
9) You will need to enable Notifications so you can see when your device connects to and disconnects from your TV.
10) When you have completed all the steps, the application will redirect you to YouTube to test the function. Find any video you want to watch on TV.
11) Then open Control Center and click on the Screen Recorder icon using 3D Touch or just long press.
12) Next, select the Mirror LGTV option and click Start Broadcast.
After that, you should see the contents of your device on the TV screen with a slight lag.
Mirror for Samsung TV and Mirror for LG TV apps can be useful if you have a Smart TV at home.
Whether you would like to watch YouTube videos or surf the web on a big screen, these apps will do the job just fine. If you are a gamer or just hate a delay of a couple of seconds, then applications are unlikely to suit you.
How to display an image from a MacBook screen to a TV?
Having been servicing Apple equipment for more than 10 years, we regularly receive many letters and requests from our Clients, as well as from site visitors and members of the group. In the vast majority of cases, we manage to provide the necessary information that helps people solve the difficulties that arise when using an iPhone, iPad, Apple TV or Mac.
Today we are pleased to present you with a new instruction on how to display an image from the MacBook screen on a TV without using wires.
But we decided to write this instruction in an unusual format for our site, which is an imitation of a dialogue between a user and a specialist. For the sake of fairness, we would like to point out that just such a dialogue has actually taken place with one of our Clients quite recently. We hope that the material of the article will be useful for you, and the format of the material is convenient.
How to display an image from a MacBook screen to a TV
We hope this article was helpful to you. If you are interested in setting up a computer or repairing Apple equipment, you can always count on the help of our service center specialists. Tell us about your problem and we will be happy to solve it! Need to customize your MacBook? No problem! Come visit and we will help you.
How to Display iPhone Screen on LG TV?
- Install the free LG Smart Share app on your TV.
- Install the Twonky Beam app on your iOS device.
- Check the box “show or hide the visual indicators at the edge of the screen”.
- Select the video file you want to output from your smartphone to the big screen of your LG TV.
How to Connect iPhone to Samsung Smart TV?
How to connect iPhone to Samsung TV
- Connect your Samsung TV to Wi-Fi.
- Press the “Source” button on the TV remote control.
- Select “Mirroring”, “Screen mirroring” or similar item from the list.
- Open the switch shade (Control Center) on iPhone.
- Select the Screen Repeat option.
How to Output Picture from iPhone to Mac?
On your iPhone, open Control Center and turn on Screen Repeat. Select the device named after your Mac. A code will appear on the Mac OS screen, enter it on the iPhone. Immediately after that, the transfer of the image from the iPhone screen to the computer screen or Mac laptop will begin.
How to connect your phone to a TV via Bluetooth?
- Open network settings on your TV and turn on Miracast.
- On your smartphone, go to Settings → Display → Wireless Monitor and enable the.
- Select your TV from the list of found Miracast devices.
- The image from the smartphone will appear on the TV screen immediately after connection.
How to Stream from iPhone to Android TV?
Screen Mirroring iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Connect your iOS device to the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV or AirPlay 2 compatible Smart TV.
- Open Control Center:…
- Click Screen Repeat.
- Select your Apple TV or AirPlay 2 compatible Smart TV from the list.
How to connect iPad to TV via Wi-Fi?
Connecting iPad to TV via AirPlay without a router
- Enter the basic settings of the tablet and in the “Modem mode” item, move the activation slider to the right.
- Enter the password for accessing the created Wi-Fi network.
- Go to the main settings of the Apple TV set-top box, enter the access password and connect it to the created Wi-Fi network.
How to broadcast from phone to TV?
How to set up Android screencast
- Make sure your tablet or mobile is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as the Chromecast.
- Launch the Google Home app.
- Select device.
- Tap Cast Screen Cast Screen.
Five ways to output video from Iphone to TV
Modern technical devices open up great opportunities for users: for example, having understood how to display video footage from an iPhone on a TV, you can easily turn your gadget into a mobile cinema. Transferring images and videos from the Iphone is available in various ways, and it is not at all necessary to purchase additional equipment. Modern mobile devices have essential built-in functions.
Wireless connection via DLNA
The image and video from the iphone, videos from YouTube, music played can be transmitted to the TV via the wireless WI-FI network. You can even play games through a newfangled device on a large TV screen. The process is controlled from the phone, and all actions are duplicated on the TV.
Of course, this method of transferring multimedia content is considered one of the simplest, since the whole process consists in pressing several buttons on the gadget display. But apart from the mobile device, the TV must also meet certain characteristics. In the absence of the possibility of connecting the TV panel to a wireless network, you will need to resort to additional equipment or special adapters.
To create a home network using DLNA technology, 2 conditions must be met.
- The main thing is that the TV on which you plan to play the video is equipped with support for working with a WI-FI connection.
- Also, the phone and TV equipment must be connected to the same router.
If the above conditions are met, you can start installing additional applications for work. they can be downloaded for free in the App Store. Wireless networking software helps you transfer data from your phone to your TV. You can choose from several popular utilities: TV Assist. ImediaShare, Flipps, iMediaShare, Belkin MediaPlay. Of course, using the free versions, the user will have to watch constantly flashing ads, which will have to be closed. However, compared with all the advantages, this is an insignificant disadvantage.
After installing additional software, you need to carry out a simple setup. After launching the application, in the appropriate paragraph, select the tab with devices connected to the network and mark your TV. As a rule, the brand of the TV or the model name is always displayed.
Many similar programs for the iPhone assume support for various services YouTube, Vimeo. FoxNews, built-in internet browser. Therefore, you can broadcast video not only from the phone’s memory or the cloud, but also directly from the Internet.
To synchronize devices, you must also allow access from a mobile gadget through the TV interface. You can now play video on iPhone and stream it to the big screen.
Such applications also have additional features. For example, they turn a gadget into a remote control (this will help in case your TV remote control does not work). In TV Assist, paint enthusiasts can experiment with the Paint tab. While drawing on the phone, the image also appears on the TV screen.
The creation of this technology has led to the ability to transmit any information, play online video and duplicate the iPhone screen on the TV.
An important requirement for providing such a connection is the presence of support for the TV function. If it is not provided, then you can use the AppleTV console or analogs, their capabilities are described in detail below.
Connect iPhone to TV using AirPlay as follows:
- device and TV are connected to the same wireless network;
- with a swipe down, you need to open the shutter and find an item in quick access. screen duplication;
- in the window that opens, find the Smart TV with which you are pairing;
- after selecting TV, a window with a password will appear on its screen, which must be entered on a mobile phone.
To disable duplication, just open the shutter again and tap the AirPlay function button once.
Ways to connect Iphone to TV
Synchronization of these devices for video transmission and image transmission using a cable is possible in the following ways.
- Via HDMI cable or composite connector. If the TV does not have the ability to connect to a wireless network, this is the most budgetary option for how to transfer media content.
- Using proprietary AirPlay technology.
- Via an optional Apple TV set-top box. Thanks to this device, even the simplest modern TV without Smart TV can be turned into a powerful multimedia center. Of course, purchasing such a media player just for the purpose of broadcasting video from the iphone to the TV is not rational. If the user’s goal is not only to connect a gadget, but also to equip his TV with other useful functions, it is worth thinking about such TV equipment. The choice here is not limited only to “apple” technology: Smart TV set-top boxes are offered by many manufacturers.
- Via wireless DLNA connections. If the TV has the function of connecting via WI-FI, then you can solve the issue of synchronization without additional equipment. It will be enough to install a free application on your gadget and connect to TV.
- Via Chromecast device. This is a small digital media player from Google. Using it, you can also connect the iPad to the TV.
How to connect iphone to TV via HDMI cable or analog jack
Apple’s mobile gadgets use a proprietary connector. Depending on the models, this is 30-pin, as in the iPad, iPhone 4, or iPod touch (4th generation), or Lightning 8-pin, starting with the iPhone 5 and iPod Touch 5th generation. A large number of various accessories are produced for such standards, including the Digital AV Adapter. a digital adapter that allows you to duplicate digital content from an iPhone, iPad or iPod to a TV screen. It has an HDMI interface, which is available on most modern LCD TVs. To connect a mobile device to a widescreen panel using such an accessory, an HDMI cable is required, which is also sold separately.
In the absence of the possibility of transferring video from the iphone via HDMI to the TV, a composite or component cable can help. This is a standard that is simply called “tulip”. This option is suitable for television equipment that has an analog connector. In this case, you need to purchase a Composite or Component AV cable from Apple as an adapter for your mobile device, respectively.
Instructions for connecting iPhone to TV via cable.
- Connecting the adapter to the phone.
- Connecting HDMI, Composite or Component Cable to TV.
- Turning on the TV and switching it to the corresponding input signal mode.
- After everything is connected, it is easy to display the video from the iPhone on the TV screen. you just need to turn on the video on your mobile device.
Thus, you can not only broadcast video in HD-format with a resolution of up to 1080p. (for Lightning), but also image, music, presentations, view applications, Internet resources, etc.
It is worth noting here that the analog and 30-pin connectors for early versions do not support Full HD video transmission.
Smart set-top box AppleTV
In case the TV does not have AirPlay support, or if it does not have Smart functions to pair it with an iPhone, you will need an AppleTV set-top box. It is equipped with its own processor, memory, Wi-Fi module and OS. They allow you to use the TV to which it is connected as a SmartTV.
Advice! It is recommended that you update the OS on all devices before pairing your Apple iPhone and TV using an American brand set-top box. This will avoid sync problems.
To connect a mobile phone to TV via AppleTV, follow these steps.
- The set-top box and smartphone connect to the same wireless network.
- In the AppleTV settings, you need to open the “devices” item and find the device with which you want to connect.
- In the appeared pairing window, you must give consent.
- A window appears on the TV screen with a code that must be entered on the iPhone. If in the future such a connection will be carried out often, then the password request can be disabled on the STB settings.
After establishing a connection, you can check its performance by running a video on your smartphone. it should be automatically duplicated on TV.
Helpful advice! By installing the AppleTV Remote app on your phone, you can use it instead of the remote control. This is convenient not only for standard switching of channels or volume, but also for entering text when using Smart functions of the set-top box. the keyboard will be displayed on the smartphone.
The RokuTV is modest in size and connects via HDMI. The latest models have 4K video support, and the ease of setup makes the device popular with users. Minus. bad interface russification.
For switching, the iPhone and the set-top box are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. SmartBox will automatically detect all devices within sight. select the one you need and perform pairing. Automatic display of the picture from the iPhone to the TV starts.
Advice! For more detailed customization, it is recommended to install the RokuTV application on the phone. it is available in the AppStore.