How to move a photo from a tablet to a USB flash drive
The Android system is designed in such a way that files are usually stored on the internal storage. As a rule, there is not much memory in a tablet or smartphone, so it is more convenient to store data on an external device.
When a few megabytes run out, the user naturally wants to move photos to another location. It is not difficult to do this, but many of those who are NOT too familiar with Android have difficulty with such an operation.
So let’s take a look at how to transfer photos to an Android memory card and make sure it’s simple and easy to do.
Experts Answers. Memory spaces
Initial steps in copying
To practice copying, you will need any guide. In the case when the explorer built into the operating system is not found, we recommend using the Total Commander or the ES Explorer. Both of them have wide functionality, and you can download them for free in the Market. Let’s use ES Explorer for example.
- It should be understood that the name SD Card is a memory area located directly on the Android device itself, and often it is denoted as such in cases where memory areas are divided into system and for applications.
- External or External SD is a flash memory inserted into the slot and is the size of your MicroSD (1 to 32 GB).
- USB storage. a regular USB flash drive connected via an OTG cable to your gadget.
Using the device described above, you can easily copy or move files.
Let’s take a closer look at moving data on an Android device from the internal memory space to a flash card. By analogy with working on a PC, the whole procedure is done with a tablet.
Hello. In order to transfer photos from a tablet to a USB flash drive, you need:
- Connect the OTG cable to the tablet;
- Go to the section. ES Explorer and find where the photos are stored;
- Select all the photos you need and click. copy;
- Navigate to the External USB storage folder and click.
Tablet and information transfer
The tablet is a popular type of digital technology. It’s small, functional, easy to use, and relatively cheap. Do you need to copy a photo from a tablet to a USB flash drive? A Micro SD card or USB drive is suitable for THESE purposes.
How to connect a USB flash drive to a tablet via a usb adapter and transfer files
Almost every tablet computer user was faced with the need to overthrow information from a flash drive onto the device itself. Did everyone succeed? Unfortunately no. Already at the first stage, difficulties often arose. After all, most tablets are NOT equipped with a usb host connector. On top of that, one more nuisance often happens. some models refuse to see the flash drive. As a result, a seemingly simple procedure turns out to be difficult to perform. But survived is not worth it. In this article we will show you how to connect a USB flash drive to your tablet.
How to connect a USB flash drive to a tablet using a USB OTG cable
So, the USB flash drive is connected to the tablet using a MicroUSB port, which is available on almost any device, and a USB OTG cable. USB OTG cable is a small adapter from MicroUSB to a regular USB host. Thus, in order to connect the USB flash drive to the tablet, you need to connect the USB OTG cable to the MicroUSB port, and then connect the USB flash drive to.
Method of connecting a flash drive to a tablet using USB OTG
USB OTG cable is supported by Android operating system from version 3.1. Therefore, most modern USB OTG devices will work without problems.
It should be noted that some tablets may not have MicroUSB, and instead, such tablets are equipped with a non-standard proprietary connector. For example, some Samsung Galaxy Tab tablets use a wide 30-pin connector. If your tablet has a similar proprietary connector, then in addition to the USB OTG cable, you also need an adapter from your proprietary connector to MicroUSB. There are also special USB OTG cables, which are equipped with proprietary connectors.
USB OTG cable with a proprietary 30 pin connector
Sequence of execution
- Enter the “SD Card” folder and select the necessary folders or files, Using for this long press on the files icon until they are marked with a tick.
- Then just “click” on the “Copy” icon.
- Nudge screen right to return to the initial explorer interface
- Finally, go to “External SD” or “USB storage” and select “Insert” in the required directory. Upon completion of the copying procedure, you will be able to see the added files in the desired location.
If you just need to transfer files to a USB flash drive, and not copy, when the transferred data is deleted from the device’s memory, you must perform the above steps, but in step 2 select the action “Cut”.
Why the tablet does not see the usb flash drive and what to do in such a situation?
It also happens that the device does NOT recognize the removable storage in any way. There are several reasons that cause this problem:
- Low power is being supplied to the connectors and ports of tablet computers. This is done to save battery power. In total, the device is simply “physically” unable to read data from some types of flash drives.
- Sometimes the tablet does not see the removable storage due to its large size. In this case, you should try connecting a USB flash drive with a smaller memory size. Preferably up to 32 GB.
- The wrong format can also cause the tablet to not recognize the USB media. After all, most of these devices “cooperate” only with flash drives, in which the file system is fat32, not ntfs. It is not difficult to solve the problem. just change the format using standard Windows tools or Special utilities.
- Sometimes the tablet does not see or read the memory card due to software “barriers”. Therefore, if you have tried all the methods, but the gadget still does not recognize the USB flash drive, then download and install the free StickMount program. In most cases, it will solve the problem. All you need is root rights and a file manager (the same ES Explorer). In this case, StickMount will create a separate folder for the flash drive.
- It also happens that the tablet does not see the usb drive due to its breakdown. Therefore, be sure to check the performance of the flash drive by connecting to a PC or laptop.
- A faulty usb otg cable is another reason for problems with connecting external storage media. In this case, all that remains is to change the cord itself.
- It cannot be ruled out that the micro-USB connector itself is out of order. So if possible, then check the device and its ports at the service center.
In terms of their functionality, they are NOT too different from stationary computers and laptops. However, sometimes the question of how to download music to a USB flash drive from a tablet can cause difficulties. We will show you how to do it quickly. Flash storage is easy to use due to its compactness and affordability.
In order to find out how to transfer music to a USB flash drive from a tablet, let’s first figure out in what ways you can connect a device for downloading. The configuration of the gadget does not always provide for the placement of a USB port, most often the manufacturer installs a mini MicroUSB port. Connecting a drive for data transfer is performed in two ways:
How to find out the status of a hard drive: how long will it last
Forewarned is forearmed! This rule is very useful for working with hard drives. If you know in advance that such and such a hard drive is likely to come out of.
Elcomsoft phone password breaker dictionary
Free backup software
Establishing connection to MySQL via ODBC connector
Microsoft OneNote is the best notebook
Full setup and installation of Realtek High Definition Audio
Realtek HD Audio driver
FTP client. what are they, what they allow to do on the server and which one to choose
Free software for Windows
One-stop solution from Realtek
Functions and features of the utility
A very fast way to copy. The user needs to go to “Downloads”, select the desired songs and, holding down the left mouse button, drag them to the removable media icon.
How to download music from computer to USB flash drive?
The vast majority of users do not have any difficulty downloading music to a USB flash drive. However, for some, this procedure causes a lot of difficulties. Many do not even know why this is necessary in principle, because the Internet is always at hand, you can immediately download a song to your computer or laptop for free at any time. This is partly true. But you can’t take a computer with you to the car, and the selections on the radio leave much to be desired. It is much easier to throw the music onto a USB flash drive and insert the removable media into the car radio.
Recording music to a USB flash drive
Dumping the song to removable media is also NOT difficult. In this case, the user does not need to install any programs and add-ons. You can download music to a USB flash drive using:
- Send buttons;
- Direct copy;
- Transfer by mouse;
- Changes to browser settings.
The choice of one method or another is a matter of habit. The difference between them is not very significant.
Downloading songs from the Internet
Often, users puzzle over how to download music from VK or any other social network. However, it is easier to record the desired song on a computer and then download it to a USB flash drive from specialized resources. The best sites for downloading music on the Runet are:
You can download music to your computer or laptop from THESE resources without prior registration. There are many Russian and foreign songs in the libraries presented. However, the functionality of the sites is limited. For example, they cannot be used to cut music from a video or trim a melody to a ringtone.
You can download the desired song to a computer or laptop and then immediately drop it onto a USB flash drive through the search bar:
- Enter the corresponding query into the search engine and press Enter.
- We click on the site with the required melody.
- Click on the button “Download mp3”.
- As you can see, everything is very simple. Even removing the protection from a flash drive is more difficult than finding the desired song and recording it on your computer or laptop.
Another easy way. In order to download music to a USB flash drive from a computer or laptop, you will have to spend a little more time:
- We go to the “Downloads”, highlighting the necessary files, right-click on them and select the option “Copy”.
- Open the USB flash drive, right-click on any free field and select the “Paste” option in the context menu.
In this case, writing songs to a USB flash drive is much easier than downloading music from YouTube or any other video hosting site. The user needs to go to the “Downloads”, select the desired compositions, right-click on them, select “Send” in the context menu and specify the desired removable media.
Change browser settings
All files downloaded from the Internet are saved in “Downloads” by default. However, you can change your browser settings and record music directly to a USB flash drive. Algorithm of actions on the example of Google Chrome:
- Go to the browser menu and select the “Settings” option.
- Scroll down the page and open the “Additional” section.
- In the subsection “downloaded files” click on the button “Change”.
- Point to the USB stick and confirm the action.
- Now the problem of how to dump music and songs from a computer or laptop to removable media, and not arise. All files downloaded through the browser will be saved directly to the USB flash drive.
How to copy to a USB flash drive
Hello dear site visitor! In this lesson, I will tell you how to copy files to a USB flash drive, and from this tutorial you will also learn how to write a large file to a USB flash drive.
And so in order to copy files to a USB flash drive, such as photos, videos, images, documents, archives and much more, you need to do the following:
On your computer, Connect the USB flash drive, then open the folder in which you have the files that you want to copy to the USB flash drive.
For example, we will Copy the archive with photos.
And so in order to copy the archive with photos you need to hover the mouse cursor over the archive, then press the left mouse button once, after which the archive will be highlighted, now not Retract the mouse cursor, press the right mouse button once. Then the context menu will open, in which you need to select the “Copy” item.
If you want to copy several files to a USB flash drive, for example, such as music, video, a folder with files, documents, then you need to follow these steps:
Press and hold down the Ctrl key then move the mouse cursor over the file you want to copy press once with the left mouse button, then press the Ctrl key to move the mouse cursor over another file and press the left mouse button once.
When you select the required number of files, you need to hover the cursor over any of the selected files and press the right mouse button once, after which a context menu will open, in which you need to select the “Copy” item.
When you select “Copy” you need to open the USB flash drive on your computer to which you are going to copy the files.
When you open the USB flash drive on your computer, you need to press the right mouse button once in any empty space, after which the windows context menu will open, in which you need to select the “Paste” item.
When you select “Insert”, the process of writing files to the USB flash drive will begin on your computer.
The process of writing files to a USB flash drive can take several minutes depending on how many files you upload to the USB flash drive, as well as the size of the downloaded files.
When the process of downloading files to the USB flash drive is finished on your computer, you will see the files in your USB flash drive that you downloaded to the USB flash drive.
Now let’s try to upload a large-sized movie to a USB flash drive, for this select the video that we want to copy, then press the right mouse button once, in the appeared context menu, select the “Copy” item.
When you copy a large video, you need to open the USB flash drive on your computer, then open the windows context menu and select “Paste”.
When you Click the “Insert” button, a window will open on your computer in a few seconds with a message stating that this file is too large for the target file system, in this window click on the “Cancel” button.
What to do if our flash drive is larger than the uploaded movie?
To solve this problem and upload a large movie to the flash drive, we need to format the flash drive to the ntfs file system.
If you do not know how to format a USB flash drive for the ntfs file system, then you can read the instructions on how to format a USB flash drive for ntfs.
When you format the flash drive under ntfs you need to copy the large file again, then go to the flash drive, open the windows context menu and select “Paste”.
After that, the process of downloading a large video will begin on your computer, and during the process of downloading a video to a USB flash drive, you will see how much time is left before the file is downloaded to the USB flash drive.
When the process of downloading a large-sized video is over, you will see a sacred video file on your flash drive. Now you know how to download music, video files, documents, photos, a folder with documents to a USB flash drive.