Instructions for transferring data from iPhone to iPhone
When buying a new iPhone, the user may need to transfer his personal data from the old device. How to Transfer Data from iPhone to iPhone? Read below.
This method is the easiest, you will need to use Apple’s proprietary iCloud service to transfer information to a new iPhone. It is a cloud storage that allows you to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone and to other iOS devices. It can also be useful when archiving critical files. So, to get started, grab your old iPhone and follow these steps:
- Go to settings. Go to the iCloud menu, find Storage & Copies. The date of the last backup (copies of important device files) will be displayed at the bottom of the screen. If you want to create a more recent version, click the Create a Copy button;
- The phone will then copy the files to iCloud. This procedure can take quite a long time (depending on the memory of the device and the speed of the Internet connection).
This completes the manipulations with the old iPhone. Switch to your new iOS device and do the following:
- Reset the settings to factory defaults. If the phone is new, you do not need to do this. After configuring the basic parameters (time, date, Wi-Fi network), click the “Recover from iCloud copy” button. In the menu that appears, enter your personal information (Apple ID and password). Accept the privacy terms;
How to Transfer All Data from an Old iPhone to a New iPhone
- In the new window, select the latest version of the backup made on the old device. Immediately after that, the process of copying data and settings from the old iPhone to the new one should begin.
After completing all the manipulations, the new smartphone will reboot and display information about the successful restoration of the backup.
data transfer via iTunes
For this method, we already need a computer with iTunes installed (preferably the latest version). Before starting work, connect the old device to the PC and wait for it to be detected by the program. iPhone will be highlighted in the top menu, click on its icon. Then go to the “This PC” window, where there is an item “Create a copy now”.
iTunes will ask for your permission to copy programs, confirm it using the button in the pop-up window. At the end of the procedure, iTunes will display the date of the last backup of the device.
Then you only need to reset the settings on the new iPhone to factory settings (if this is the first start of the phone, you do not need to reset anything). After manipulating the start screen, select the “Restore from a copy of iTunes” button. A window will appear in iTunes prompting you to restore from a backup, select “Restore from backup” and click “Continue”. At the end of the process, wait until all applications are fully synchronized.
data transfer through the AnyTrans utility
- Connect your old and new iOS device to your computer using two USB cables. Launch AnyTrans and wait for the gadgets to sync. Its status will be displayed in the upper left corner of the program;
- Select your old device from the menu, click on the iOS icon at the top of the window;
- Click the “Content to iOS” button. In the next window, a menu will open with all possible files for transfer, their number will also be displayed here. Mark the necessary icons and confirm the transfer of all data;
That’s all, the operation is complete. As a reminder, when transferring contacts to a new iPhone, you will need to temporarily turn off iCloud syncing for that device. AnyTrans can also work with Android smartphones where the USB debugging option is pre-enabled. We hope our data transfer guide was helpful to you.
If you are reading this, it means that you were interested, so please subscribe to our channel on Yandex.Zen, and for one please put a like (thumbs up) for your efforts. thank!
If you are reading this, it means that you were interested, so please subscribe to our channel on Yandex.Zen, and for one please put a like (thumbs up) for your efforts. thank!
How to create a backup
To completely transfer the necessary information from one iPhone to another, the client must create a copy of all the data contained in the gadget. This can be done using the Aycloud cloud. The operation is performed according to the following instructions:
- to transfer the parameters of an old smartphone, you will need to make a copy in the cloud;
- first, the user must go to the section with the gadget settings;
- then select the “Menu” item, where the client clicks on the “iCloud” section;
- a list will open on the screen, in which the owner selects the “Copies and storage” subsection;
- if the client has the “Backup” service activated, then the latest version of the copy will be located at the very bottom, the date is also indicated there;
- if a new copy is required, you can create it yourself, for this click the “Create a copy” button;
- when all the actions are completed, the copying procedure will begin, the duration depends on the operation of the smartphone and the speed of the network connection.
After a few minutes, the time of the last copy will appear on the screen.
How to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone
Apple is constantly releasing new versions of gadgets, and iPhone owners are trying to replace outdated models with updated ones. But after purchasing a smartphone, you need to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone. Information is spread in different ways, it is worth talking about them in more detail.
How to transfer information using iTunes
This is an additional way to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone. To apply the option, the customer must download the iTunes application to their computer. Also, the user must have a wire to connect the smartphone to the PC. A Lightning cable will do. The transfer operation is performed according to the following scheme:
- the client must check which version of the program is installed on the computer;
- if iTunes is not the latest version, it is recommended to update it;
- then the old device is connected to a stationary PC;
- iTunes starts on the computer;
- after launch, a window will open, at the top of the page there is a smartphone icon;
- you should click on it;
- then select the item “Encrypt local copy”;
- you also need to add an access password;
- the screen will display a question about the need to create a backup;
- the user clicks the “Skip” button;
- the copying operation will start, it will take some time;
- when the procedure is completed, you should disconnect the old gadget from the PC;
- you can pull out the SIM card from the smartphone, having previously turned it off;
- now you need a new smartphone, it is connected to the computer;
- the basic setup is performed, the language is selected and the Wi-Fi network is connected;
- iPhone Settings will be highlighted, you must select the “Restore from a copy of iTunes” section;
- now you need to go to the application and click on the “Restore from backup” button there;
- the client clicks on the last created copy and specifies the access password.
The data transfer procedure will take some time, it all depends on the number of files and contacts. Until the operation is completed, you cannot turn off the gadget or disconnect it from the PC. Once the recovery process is complete, you can use your new smartphone.
How to copy data using iCloud
The user can drop the necessary files and contacts using the iCloud smartphone. To do this, you first need to sync. This is one of the easiest ways to transfer data to a new gadget. For this option to be available, the user will need to insert a working SIM card into the device.
Before transferring data from iOS to iOS, the client must create a backup. To perform the operation, you first need to connect your smartphone to the Internet via Wi-Fi. After that, the owner must log in to the Apple ID system. Next, the client needs to follow the instructions to create a copy:
- a section with settings opens on the cell phone;
- select “iCloud” in the menu;
- “Backup” is selected in the list;
- after the transition, the user will see a list, opposite the inscription “Copy of iCloud” must be ticked;
- now the item “Create a copy” is selected.
- While the copy operation is in progress, it is prohibited to turn off the device.
As soon as the system creates a new backup, the user can start the operation to transfer the parameters to the new gadget:
- first you need to turn on the purchased device, a welcome message should be displayed on the screen;
- if such a window is not displayed on the screen, you will need to manually reset the settings to the factory settings;
- the client is now connecting the gadget to the Wi-Fi network;
- you can adjust the parameters of the smartphone until the item “Data and Programs” appears on the screen;
- select “Recover from iCloud copy” in the list;
- the owner of the smartphone must log into the Apple ID account through the iCloud system;
- the previously created backup is selected from the list.
After selecting the copy, the data download will start. The operation takes several minutes, during the process you cannot turn off the Internet on your phone.
- If the user needs to reset the installed settings to factory settings, he should open the section with iPhone settings. There the client clicks on the “Basic” sub-item and clicks on the “Reset” button. A section for resetting settings and content is selected from the list.
How to pass parameters if the initial gadget setting is used
When the company released gadgets running on the iOS 11 operating system, customers were able to transfer information from iPhone to iPhone. This procedure is provided during the initial configuration of the gadget. For the operation to be successful, you must follow these instructions:
- on the purchased device, the language should be set, in this case “Russian” is selected;
- a window will appear on the screen for entering data on the Apple ID account, the user clicks the “Continue” item;
- an image will appear on the new device;
- it needs to be scanned by a smartphone that has already been in use;
- on the new device, enter the same access code that was used on the old phone;
- you can configure the Touch ID / Face ID functions on the purchased gadget;
- after that, the smartphone will prompt you to choose to restore data from saved backups, you will need to select the desired.
- It takes 5 to 20 minutes to transfer data from your old iPhone to your new phone. It all depends on how the gadget works. When the procedure is completed, all parameters will be saved in the new smartphone.
How to use the Quick Start option correctly
If the client has previously used a smartphone on which the operating system iOS 11 is installed, and the purchased iPhone also has this OS, then you can change all the parameters using the “Quick Start” function. To complete the operation, the client must follow these instructions:
- an old device is taken, it is placed next to a new gadget;
- now you need to turn on the purchased smartphone;
- if settings are already set on it, they are reset to factory settings;
- on the new cell phone the language “Russian” is selected;
- as soon as the “Quick Start” notification window appears on the purchased gadget, the automatic synchronization of the two smartphones should start;
- for the procedure to begin, confirmation from the owner is required;
- then the system will offer the client to authorize using the password and Apple ID login;
- this is necessary for full customization;
- if the button is not pressed, it is recommended to connect Bluetooth on the smartphone;
- an animated picture will appear on the screen of the new gadget;
- smartphones should be pressed against each other with back panels;
- it is now recommended to wait for the operation to complete successfully.
- In order for the transfer process to be performed without losses and errors, the devices must be kept as close to each other as possible.
Also, to perform the transfer without errors, you should charge both gadgets to a full battery and do not turn off the Internet while transferring files. If you follow these rules, then all parameters will be pumped without losses and errors.
The user can transfer music, contacts and photos from an old smartphone to a new iPhone in different ways. The easiest way to do this is through iCloud. If this method is not available, iTunes applies. New versions of operating systems have a Quick Start function.
Using the Image Capture Application for MAC
Even if the connected iPhone is not recognized by the MAC as a storage device, using the Image Capture utility to transfer photos from your phone to your computer will not be difficult:
- Connect iPhone with original USB cable to MAC computer.
- Run the “Image Capture” utility.
- Select pictures and click “Import”.
To select multiple photos at once, press Command. Then it remains only to specify the directory for saving photos to the utility and start the copying process.
Importing photos using Windows
- Then just follow the instructions. All images will be in “This Computer Images”.
Some additional information to help you transfer photos from iPhone to computer without any problems:
- On modern iPhones, photos are captured and transferred to the PC in HEIC format, which is currently not supported by Windows by default. However, if you go to Settings. Photos on your iPhone and at the bottom of the settings in the “Transfer to Mac or PC” section, enable “Automatic”, then the next time you copy photos to your computer via cable, they will be transferred in a supported format (in fact, the option by for some reason does not always work).
- If you wish, you can purchase a special USB flash drive for the iPhone or an adapter for connecting memory cards and use them to copy a photo, in detail about this in the article: How to connect a USB flash drive to an iPhone or iPad.
- There are ways to transfer photos and videos from iPhone to TV (even without Apple TV).
MacOS (OS X) is used on the company’s branded devices, namely the iMac and MacBook. At the same time, iTunes is part of this OS, which allows you to use it right out of the box without installing additional software.
To transfer photos from iPhone:
- Connect your device to Mac via USB cable.
- Open “iTunes” → “Continue”.
- Confirm the connection on your phone by clicking “Trust”.
- If the “Photos” application has not opened, then launch it yourself.
- Go to the “Import” tab → Click:
- “Import All” to copy all photos.
- “Import Selected” to transfer individual photos.
Note! Immediately after the end of the process, you can disconnect the iPhone.
- The copied photos will be in the “Albums” tab → “Last import”.
Uploading photos via mail and other methods
If e-mail is configured on your iPhone, then you can transfer a photo to your computer in just a few elementary steps:
Go to the “Photos” application and find the desired picture.
Click on the arrow icon located in the lower left corner.
In the menu that appears, click on the “Mail” icon. The photo will be attached to the email.
On the next screen, enter the email address to which you will send the email. You can use a mailbox that belongs to you, but is registered on another service. now it is in the order of things when one person has several mailboxes.
A message will appear to remind you that you are sending a letter without a subject. confirm your intention by clicking “Send” again.
Go to the mailbox where you sent the photo from your computer and download the image.
In addition to e-mail, in a similar way, any of the social networks (,) can be used as an intermediary between the iPhone and the PC: you just need to send an image from your smartphone by a message, then open the message history on your computer and upload the picture to your hard drive. However, this method is suitable only if you need to download a small number of images. a maximum of 10 photos can be placed in one message.
How to dump photos to Windows computer without iTunes
Users who frown with disgust at the word “iTunes” should be pleased with the fact that you can transfer photos from iPhone to computer without using this program. Actually, most iPhone owners use this method. there is no need to disturb iTunes without a good reason.
To download a photo to a PC, you need a USB cable. After you prepare it, follow the instructions:
Step 0 (preliminary). Create a folder on your computer where you will upload the photos and remember its location.
Connect smartphone with PC cable.
Wait a few seconds for the computer to detect the iPhone. After you hear the sound characteristic of a USB connection, you can proceed.
A prompt “Trust this computer?” Will appear on the smartphone screen click “Trust”.
You will see the “Explorer” window on the computer monitor.
Click on the option “Open device to view files”.
Go to the internal storage of the device. “Internal Storage”.
Open the DCIM folder. inside you will see a few more folders, each filled with photos and videos.
The number of folders in DCIM depends on the number of photos you have taken over the entire period of using the iPhone: after the first thousand photos, a second folder is created, and new photos are already saved in it.
Cut photos from folders. use combinations of CTRLA (“Select All”) and CTRLX (“Cut”).
Paste the snapshots into the folder that you prepared at the preliminary stage. for this you can use the CTRLV combination.
You need to follow the order. start cutting photos from the next folder only after copying from the previous one is completed, otherwise the computer will give an error.
You will not be able to return photos to the smartphone’s memory in the same way. you will have to use iTunes. Therefore, when clearing memory on iPhone, act prudently and carefully.
WhatsApp as an alternative way
Another versatile way is to use WhatsApp messenger to transfer data. If you do not have the opportunity to install additional programs on your PC, synchronize information through cloud services, and indeed, you only need to upload a few photos to your PC, just use this method. The main point is that WhatsApp allows you to log in through the web version, duplicating the content from the device. To use this method, you need to perform a number of actions:
- Go to the website of the web version of the messenger;
- From your device, go to WhatsApp and go to Settings. There, find the WhatsApp Web item and scroll down;
- Point the camera at the QR code on the computer and wait until the system is authorized;
- As soon as the authorization is completed, your dialogs will be duplicated in the browser version, and already from them you can save the photo to your computer.
How to back up iCloud
- Open “Settings” on iPhone and click on your account icon.
- Go to iCloud → “Backup”.
- Turn on the toggle switch of the same name and click “Create a backup”.
There are three ways to import data. Each will need a pre-created backup, but the migration process will be slightly different. In one case, you must have an old iPhone, in the other. a computer with iTunes, and in the third, an Internet connection is enough.
Untie Apple Watch
If a watch is connected to the iPhone, then to bind to a new smartphone, you first need to break the pair with the old one.
- Open the Apple Watch app.
- Go to the “My Watch” tab and click on the icon ℹ️.
- Select “Unpair Apple Watch” and confirm the action.
Using the Quick Start feature
- If your new iPhone is already activated, then first delete all data by going to Settings → General → Reset → Erase Content and Settings. If not, insert the SIM card into your smartphone and follow the prompts of the setup wizard.
- Turn on and place both iPhones side by side. The new device displays the “Quick Start” screen, and the old one displays the “Set up a new iPhone” screen.
- Click “Continue” on your old smartphone and unlock it.
- Wait for the animation to appear on the new iPhone and point the camera of the old one at it.
- Wait a few seconds and complete the setup on the new device.
- Enter your Apple ID password and follow the prompts.
- On the Apps & Data screen, select Recover from iCloud.
How to backup iTunes
- Install the latest version of iTunes and connect your iPhone to your computer with a cable.
- Allow access on smartphone.
- Select iPhone from iTunes Device Menu.
- If you want to save the data of the “Health” and “Activity” programs, check the box next to “Encrypt backup” and set a password. Do not forget the code, otherwise it will be impossible to recover the information!
- Click “Create a copy now” and wait for the process to finish.
How to Transfer Data from iPhone to iPhone
Put your old smartphone next to the new one, and in a few minutes everything will be ready.
You can back up your information via iCloud or using iTunes on your computer. Later, the corresponding copy will be used for data transfer.
How to Transfer Data from iPhone to iPhone. Via iCloud
We will transfer all information from the iCloud cloud to a new smartphone from an iPhone backup. In time, everything will take about the same as in the method described above.
On the phone from which data will be transferred, open the settings and go to your account by clicking on your name. Next, open the section “iCloud”.
Here go to the “Backup” section and activate this function, immediately make a new copy.
The receiving iPhone should also be reset to factory settings if you’ve used it before. Do it as described in the previous chapter.
Once enabled, you will be prompted to restore from iTunes or iCloud. select iCloud. Next, enter the data from your account on which the backup was made and wait for the process to finish.
Interesting! I also recommend that you read the material. Transferring Contacts from iPhone to iPhone. There are detailed ways to do this as easily and quickly as possible.
About third-party programs and Bluetooth
Do not use third-party computer software to perform the transfer. Firstly, this does not make any sense, everything can be done with the functions described above. these are official ways. Secondly, there is a high probability of losing your personal data, since often such software is malicious and it is not clear where your Apple ID or photos can get.
Only certain content can be transferred via Bluetooth, for example, contacts or photos. You can read how it works in the article. how to transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone.
What will be carried over to the new iPhone
Using the methods described below, the following content will be transferred to the new smartphone:
- Phone book
- Applications that were installed
- Notes, calendars, voicemail, and wherever you are
- Photos, if their synchronization is not enabled separately in the settings
- Health information
- Passwords and keychains
Transfer Data from iPhone to iPhone. Quick Start
The function works on devices with IOS version 11 and higher. At the same time, two phones should be in your hands, since the transfer will be carried out directly.
On the receiving iPhone, you need to do a full reset, otherwise you simply won’t be able to transfer the data. If you have not turned on the phone yet, then you do not need to reset.
Open the settings, go to the “General” section, then open the “Reset” menu item and click on “Erase content and settings”. If asked to enter a code word. do it.
When you turn it on for the first time, you need to go to the settings stage (after selecting the language and region). Here you will be able to use the “Quick Start” function.
Bring the old iPhone to the new one, as close as possible, an information message will appear on its screen. click on the “Continue / Next” button.
You will be asked to point the camera of the old smartphone at the screen of the new one to confirm the action. Next, you will need to enter the password code also from the old iPhone. The transfer will begin, after which all that remains is to do the initial setup of the new iPhone. This method is as simple and fast as possible.
Important! Do not interrupt the process, do not put the old phone away while there is a message on it stating that the transfer is still in progress. Otherwise, everything will have to start over.
How to Transfer Data from iPhone to iPhone. Via iTunes
This option is suitable for those who cannot use the Quick Start feature and want to transfer data that exceeds their free iCloud space. ITunes must be installed on the computer.
Important! To avoid errors in the process. connect a wire no longer than 1 meter and preferably into the blue USB port of version 3.0.
How to Transfer Everything from Your Old iPhone to iPhone 12 and 12 Pro
Connect the iPhone to be copied to your computer and launch the program. Click on the icon of your phone, the “Overview” section should be open in the left column. In the right window, click on the “Create a copy now” button. Wait for the process to finish.
The new device must also be zeroed, reset the iPhone to factory settings, as we discussed in the first chapter. You can of course not do it, turn off the locator function in the settings and just click on the restore button in the program, but it’s easier to do just the reset.
When you turn on for the first time, go to the menu for choosing where you want to restore your device from. Connect iPhone to PC and launch iTunes. If prompted to make the device trusted. do it.
Select the option with iTunes on your smartphone, it may also be called “From Mac or PC from Windows”. Next, indicate that you want to restore from the copy and the copy itself. Follow the instructions on the screen and wait for the process to finish.
Interesting! If the copy was encrypted, you will be asked for a password. do so. Plus, when restoring a copy from Tunes, even those applications that are no longer in the App Store will be restored.
How to Transfer Data from iPhone to iPhone: All Methods
There are several easy ways to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone. Apple has made this process as easy as possible for users.
Using them, you can quickly copy everything that is stored on your current smartphone to a new one, and even the settings will be transferred.
In the previous article, we examined in detail what to do if you forgot your Apple ID password. Now we will analyze in no less detail all possible ways of how to transfer data from one iPhone to another, for example, from the old to the new one as simply and quickly as possible. The instruction will be with explanatory pictures to make it easier for you to understand. Also you can use it for iPad tablet.
Usually, the entire copying process does not take more than ten minutes, but, of course, everything will depend on the amount of content, so in some cases it may take more time.