How to take a screenshot on a computer If the button does not work?
So, for example, if the “Fn” key is blue, and on the keyboard one of the inscriptions on the “PrtSc” key (which corresponds to Print Screen) is also blue, then in order to take a screenshot of the screen, you must press the combination “Fn PrtSc” (Press the “Fn” key.
How to make a screenshot of the screen if the button does not work?
If the PrtScn key does not work on a laptop or netbook, you can try pressing it in combination with the Fn (Function) key. It is usually located next to the bottom right, next to the arrow keys. If you have Windows 7 or Vista, then you can use an alternative way to take a screenshot.
How to take a screenshot on iPad Pro 2020?
How to take a screenshot or screen recording on iPad
- Do one of the following: On an iPad with a Home button.
- Tap the screenshot in the lower left corner, then tap Done.
- Choose “Save to Photo” or “Remove Screenshot”.
How to charge 11 iPhone as a percentage?
Battery charge level on iPhone 11, 11 Pro, XS, XR, X as a percentage: how to enable. 2 ways To find out the battery charge level on all iPhone models is very simple, just go to “Settings” → “Battery” and enable the “Charge in percent “.
How to take a picture on the screen?
If you want to take a screenshot of the active window (program) only, press “Alt” and “Print Screen” on the computer at the same time; Alt, Print Screen and Fn are on laptop. The screenshot will be saved to the clipboard. Now you can paste it into a letter, photo editor or Word (press the “Ctrl” and “V” buttons simultaneously).
How to take a screenshot on iPhone SE 2020?
- Press the side button and the volume up button at the same time.
- Release both buttons quickly.
- After taking a snapshot, a thumbnail will temporarily appear in the lower left corner of the screen. Tap a thumbnail to view a photo, swipe left to remove a thumbnail from the screen.
How to take a screenshot on new iPhone models “Without home button” and what kind of devices they are?
The following smartphones: iPhone 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max, XS, XS Max, XR, X. modern frameless iPhones, which no longer have a physical Home button. Accordingly, the keyboard shortcut in these devices is also different. To create a screenshot on this device, you need to simultaneously hold down and immediately release 2 keys. lock and volume up button.
Lock button and volume up button to take a screenshot on a device without a Home button
This is the only difference between creating a screenshot and “button” models, the rest of the process is the same. a camera click sounds, the screen freezes and turns white for a split second, and a screenshot image appears in the lower left corner. You can also immediately click on it if you need to edit, or do nothing, and it will be automatically saved. To find it later, go to either the “Photos” section or the “Screenshots”.
If you have problems: what to do when the buttons don’t work?
In the event of a malfunction of any of the buttons, there are alternatives to take a screenshot. One of the alternative ways. AssistiveTouch, a standard iPhone feature that few people know about, as it is in sleep mode by default. Its purpose. device control with gestures.
- Go to Settings
- Select the section “Basic”
- We pass to “Universal access”
We go “Settings”. “Basic”. “Universal access”
We find in the section “Physiology and motor skills” the item AssistiveTouch, move the button to the “On” mode.
Activating the AssistiveTouch function
After these steps have been performed, a new element of your display will appear. A floating AssistiveTouch button that can be positioned anywhere on the screen. By touching it, you will see options for commands, one of which will be “Take a screenshot”.
A menu appears with commands, among which. “Take a screenshot”.
Another option is to save screenshots. special applications. We will tell you about one of them, it is called Awesome Screenshot. This application will be able to screenshot the entire page of the site opened in Safari or part of it within the screen, since it is a free extension of the Safari browser.
- Search the AppStore and download the Awesome Screenshot for Safari app
- After installation, go to Safari under Actions
- Click on the Screenshot section and set the slider to the on position
- The finished pictures can be edited in the mini-editor of the application (crop edges, add text and graphics).
Enter the name of the site in the application
Choosing the full version (if necessary)
The full version of the page is saved as a screenshot
How to take a screenshot on an iPhone?
In the digital age, we deal with a huge amount of information every day, often we have to search and study it literally on the run. We need to share this data every day for a variety of purposes with family, friends, colleagues and other people. A screenshot helps us to save documents, a route diagram, fragments of chats, contacts and other important data from the smartphone screen in a matter of seconds. screenshot of your smartphone. In the modern rhythm of life, it is so important to be able to use this useful and easy function.
In this article, we will tell you about the possible ways to take a screenshot on your iPhone as the latest models. where there is no physical Home button (models X, XR, XS and XS Max, and iPhones 11, 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max), and on previous versions of iPhones with a button (iPhone 8, 7, 6S, 6, SE and on older models). And we will also share “non-button” methods that allow you to capture a screen image, which can be useful if the buttons do not work.
The instruction is suitable for devices
- iPhone 11/11 Pro / 11 Pro Max;
- iPhone X / XS / XS Max;
- iPhone XR
- iPhone 7 / 7Plus;
- iPhone 8/8 Plus;
- iPhone 6 / 6s / 6S Plus / 6 Plus;
- iPhone 5 / 5S.
All pictures and videos in this article are created using the iPhone 8 as an example.
Can screenshots be edited and how to do it?
Yes, if necessary, you can edit the screenshot very simply by immediately clicking on the thumbnail that appears in the bottom corner. If you didn’t have time to click on it right after the screen. go to the Photos / Screenshots section, take a screenshot again, and this time manage to click on the image thumbnail. By clicking on it, you will be taken to the inline editing, where you can edit the borders of the picture, draw / draw graphics, write additional text and send the edited version to someone.
Click on the screenshot thumbnail in the lower left corner
We edit the size in the application, add graphics, text
Share a screenshot?
The screenshot can be sent via regular messages or any messenger. To do this, in the screenshot editing mode, click on the “Share” icon in the upper right corner (see pictures), and select any of the methods that open in the menu (Messages, Mail or the messenger you need).
Select the “Share” button in the upper right corner
Choosing the desired method of sending the screen
How to take a screenshot on iPhones with a Home button?
To take a screenshot on versions “with a button”, you need to simultaneously short press the “Home” button (the round button below the screen) and the lock key (on iPhone 6, 6S, 7, 8 it is located on the right side surface, on iPhone 4. 4S, 5, 5S, SE. On the upper side surface). And after a short simultaneous press, quickly release the buttons.
To take a screenshot, quickly press and release the Home buttons and the Lock key
What’s going to happen? You will hear a sound like a camera click and the screen will momentarily turn white. After that, in the lower left corner of the screen you will see a thumbnail image of the screenshot you just made.
A screenshot thumbnail appeared in the lower right corner.
If the sound of the device is turned off, then the click of the camera will not be heard, you will only visually see the “photographing”. If you click on the thumbnail that appears in the lower corner. a graphic editor will open, where you can edit the screenshot (we will tell you more about this and show the process in step 4). To save the image if you have already clicked on it. click the “Done” button in the upper left corner, then select “Save to Photo”. If you did not open the screenshot image, it will be saved by default, you can find it both in “Photos” and in the “Screenshots” section.
The screenshot is additionally saved in the “Screenshots” section (in addition to “Photos”)
Screens after OS update
In iOS 11, the developers introduced new features, including a built-in editor when creating a screenshot. You can make a screenshot on the iPhone 6 after the update in the same way as before. However, after holding down the buttons, you will see a small icon in the bottom corner of the screen. Click on it to go to the image editing menu. Here you can immediately crop, rotate, apply a filter to the picture and quickly save it to the gallery. Now the user can quickly add captions to screenshots, which increases the range of application of images. you can send a tagged image to a friend, explain any actions to an inexperienced person who is far from you by sending a screen by mail or via a social network.
Taking a screenshot with a combination of buttons
The whole procedure involves two buttons. “Home” and “Power”. The first is located under the display on the front panel, and the second is on the top. Both keys must be pressed simultaneously and held for a few seconds.
How to understand that you managed to make a screenshot of the screen on the iPhone 6? Very simple. After holding down the corresponding keys, the image on the screen should blink once. Also, the process will be accompanied by the corresponding sound of the camera shutter.
An entry will appear in the notification line stating that the screenshot has been saved to “Photo”. Open the gallery. A new folder with screenshots will appear in it, if you have not taken them before. This feature appeared in the latest updates to the operating system. Previously, screenshots were saved to a shared directory.
What is it for?
Taking a screenshot is a convenient option for those who want to quickly and in a couple of movements save the content from the screen at the moment. The screen is saved in a regular image format and remains in your gallery. Thus, you can easily “capture” someone’s message, take a snapshot of alerts, and so on.
The standard operating system features include this feature, just like the competitive platform. “Android”. You have two methods to take screenshots on iPhone 6: holding down physical buttons or installing third-party apps. First, let’s look at the first option.
How to make a screenshot on iPhone 6: all the ways
Apple has worked out its operating system in the smallest detail and added various features to simplify the use of the smartphone. One of these features is the ability to make a screen. On the iPhone 6, this operation is no different from all previous generations of the line. Let’s see in what ways you can take a screenshot of the screen.
Third party software
If you need advanced features, then welcome to the App Store. there you will find many applications that will allow you to make a screen on the iPhone 6 or any other from the fifth generation.
A simple utility called Screenshots will help you not only create screenshots, but also edit them. Another similar application is Awesome Screenshots. Allows you to work with screenshots of web pages, quickly access them and scan their content. It can be installed separately for the standard Safari browser. After that, you need to enable the extension in the settings for the browser to start working with Awesome Screenshots.
As promised, we will tell you about some of the features of iOS that allow you to speed up the exchange of information, in which you need to send a screenshot.
How to take a screenshot on iPhone 6
Developers put so many functions into smartphones that many users do not have time to learn them. Some may never be needed, but many, when used correctly, make life a lot easier. One such feature is the ability to create screenshots. With their help, you can quickly save or transfer any information to your interlocutor. In this article, we will show you how to take a screenshot on iPhone 6, and give some useful tips for working with them.
The classic way
The key combination that Apple put into the operating system at the start of the iPhone hasn’t changed since then. To make a touchscreen, you need to simultaneously press the “Home” button and turn off the power. At the same time, the smartphone will emit the sound of the shutter of a classic camera. The picture created in this way is placed in the folder of the same name in the program “Photos”.
For the later released 6S, which uses 3D Touch, this combination will also work. Apple will stop using it only in the iPhone X, which has lost the physical Home button.
In order not to edit the finished screenshot, when you need to quickly indicate to the interlocutor the sequence of actions in the phone settings, we will resort to a little trick. Hold your finger on the desired point and take a picture. As a result, as shown by the arrow in the picture, it will be highlighted in gray.
The second way to make the process of taking screenshots on iOS more convenient and productive is much less known. It consists in using the auxiliary touch function, which displays an additional virtual button on the smartphone screen with its own control menu.
- From the desktop, open the iPhone settings. Go to the “Basic” section.
- We are looking for the accessibility settings menu marked in the screenshot.
- Scroll down the screen to the “Interaction” section. In the list of available parameters, we find the item indicated in the screenshot.
- Located at the top and marked with a “1”, a switch activates the Assist Touch function. By default, the screenshot button is located in the third level submenu. Getting to her with such an arrangement is long and inconvenient. There are two ways to change the situation by optimizing the process of creating a touchscreen. In the subsection marked with the number “2”, we can move it to the upper level. The three marks the option to configure the events that occur when the main floating button is pressed. Here you can set the parameters at which the screenshot will be created using one of the preset options.
The screenshot function is so well implemented in iOS that third-party developers don’t even try to create any competing product. In the App Store, you can only find editors that allow you to stitch pictures into a tape. The value of such an action is rather doubtful, since any messenger allows you to send a series of photos in one message.
Assistive Touch setup
Using the options listed in the previous paragraph, we will configure Assistive Touch.
- By default, the top-level menu consists of six items shown in the screenshot. The frame indicates the area in which you can change the number of actions displayed on the screen at the same time. Using the plus and minus signs, select the appropriate option. The menu contains from one to eight different actions, while it is impossible to set two identical ones. Having decided on the quantity, select any icon from the indicated by the arrow and open an additional menu.
- Find the marked item and activate it for placement on the first level.
- Similarly, actions for the virtual auxiliary touch button are selected from the same list. Depending on preference, you can choose to take a picture by double-tapping or long-pressing.
- The constant presence of a virtual button on the screen is not always convenient. However, the system also provides for this moment. We go down in the accessibility section to the very end of the screen. Open the item “Quick Commands” indicated in the screenshot.
- By clicking on the symbol of their three horizontal lines indicated by the arrow, we activate the movement of elements in the list located here. After dragging Assistive Touch to the top position, tap on it again so that a blue checkmark appears. As a result, triple clicking on the Home button will bring up an additional control on the screen. You can hide it with the same gesture or set the action “Quick commands” in the above menu.
After the last major iOS update, the finished screenshot in the form of a thumbnail is displayed for a while in the corner of the screen. By clicking on it, you can open the editing tools and add the necessary notes.
Holding your finger on a thumbnail will open the Share menu, shown in the following screenshot. With its help, you can immediately send a picture to your interlocutor from the main screen, without wasting time searching for it in the Photo program.
When you might need a screenshot?
First, let’s talk about why you might need a screenshot at all? Situations are different. Basically, the user, taking pictures of the contents of the screen, wants to share some information or, conversely, save it. For instance:
- Copy the chat correspondence, which contains contact information or other information;
- Save a result or achievement in a mobile game to show off to friends or acquaintances;
- Create a “save” of your social network page so that you can quickly see the number of friends / subscribers or give a link to your account;
- Take a snapshot of a web page, pictures from the Internet, postcards, photographs, stills from a movie, etc., and then set them as a screensaver on your desktop.
- Capture the system error and then send the screen to Support.
- As you can see, the screenshot may be needed in different situations. It remains only to find out how to take a screenshot on the fifth iPhone, including models 5s, 5se, 5c, etc.
Select part of the screen
When taking a screenshot, a part of the full image may be required. Some programs for working with text or graphics files, as well as web browsers, support the function of manually enlarging the selected object to full screen. This will allow you to remove exactly the part that is required.
In standard mode, users can get the desired result by following these steps:
- After the screenshot is taken, the image goes to the “Photos” application.
- Next, you need to select the “Film” section.
- After selecting the desired picture, you must click on the thumbnail to open it in full screen. Next, you should click on the “Change” button. It is located at the top right of the screen.
- The photo editing application will open. To get the desired part from the taken photo, you should select the “Crop” function. The icon is in the lower right corner of the screen.
- To complete the action, click on the “Trim” button. It is located in the upper right corner of the screen.
- In order for the resulting snapshot to remain, you need to click on the “Save” button.
After that, the cropped part of the screenshot will appear in the film.
Screenshot of a part of the screen on the iPhone through third-party programs
There are several options for obtaining individual areas from a single photograph. To do this, the user needs to use third-party programs.
This service is suitable for those users who need to quickly fill out a screen.
Download the application and select a category (smartphones or tablets). Next, you need to select a snapshot in the gallery. The program works only with pictures in JPEG format.
We use the new feature “Touch from behind”
The new version added a function that allows you to select some action to tap the back cover of the iPhone.
For example, this can be the process of taking a screenshot of the screen. No button presses, just knock twice.
- go to Settings;
- click Universal Access;
- find the item Touch;
- scroll to the very bottom and click Touch from behind;
- click on Double or Triple touch;
- select Screenshot.
Now, when you double or triple tap the back of the smartphone, a screenshot will be taken.
How to make a screenshot video from the iOS screen
The video capture capability, which allows you to record video directly from the iPhone screen, is also automatically built into the smartphone. However, access to such a function appears only starting with iOS 11. To take a screen video using the built-in function, you need to do the following:
- Go to settings.
- Next, open Control Center.
- Here find and open the “Customize Controls” section.
- Select “Screen Recorder” from the list provided.
- Close Settings and go to Control Center.
- A video recording icon will appear here.
- By clicking on it, a three-second countdown will begin, after which the recording will go.
If you did everything correctly, then during the video recording process, the status bar will turn red. To end video recording, you must click on the corresponding button, which is located in the control center. When finished recording, the video will be saved in the “Photos” folder. How to make a screen on the iPhone should be understood by any user of the gadget.
If you like the standard option, you can always take screenshots the old fashioned way.
if you have an iPhone with a Home button, then press the Home and Lock buttons at the same time;
if the iPhone is with Face ID, then there is already a simultaneous pressing of the Volume Up and Lock buttons.
I think you knew about this, but it will be useful for those who have just switched from other smartphones to iPhone.