I will not dwell on all devices, since K. Rather, everyone came here for the distribution of Wi-Fi. The main thing in the modem settings is to select a connection not from Wi-Fi, but USB:
First, you need to connect the phone to the computer. Everything will set up by itself, the time for complex manual settings is gone with Windows XP. Windows 7 and Windows 10 deal with this as nothing to do.
Download in the market. Go to the application. set the network name, password, activate the network. The same action, only a little less (or with the installation of more) unnecessary movements.
Phone to Phone
A very common situation is to transfer the Internet from one phone to another phone. you also create an access point using any of the above methods, calmly connect from your Android or iPhone.
Third Party Programs
You can also use third-party programs to connect. Here you need to understand that in history it turned out that before everything had to be done with hands and teams. Therefore, the developers began to make beautiful applications that allow you to do all this in one click. In fact, these programs do all the same, and I don’t see much point in bothering with their installation.
But I’ll show you a few for review. There are also for all phone models. look in your stores.
How to connect to this bluetooth is another question. But for distribution, just select the Bluetooth item:
Before distributing the Internet, do not forget to make Pairing your PC and smartphone by standard means. And then some at first distribute it is not clear what and it is not clear where, and then they DO NOT understand where the legs of the problem grow from.
The instructions below can be summarized as follows:
And who loves details and text, we do it step by step as I do. Sharing internet on Android is not that difficult, even for complete dummies:
- Go to Settings.
- In wireless networks Tapa by “”.
- We select “Modem mode”. This is the same function for creating an access point, do not look at all the veiled names.
- The settings allow you to organize the distribution of the Internet to all channels at once. In this section, we are now interested in. “Wi-Fi access point” and its configuration through “Access point settings”.
- “Manage permitted devices” and then we mark “connect all devices”. so that others can connect to you without restrictions. Otherwise, you will have to add each device manually.
- We make the settings ourselves. “Wi-Fi access point” and set the desired network name and password:
- After closing the Wi-Fi with a password, the access point needs to be activated. put a tick and get a message that everything is active:
All! You can connect to the phone, the Internet will be distributed quietly. In the same settings, all connected devices will be displayed (you can also disconnect them here):
And again for Samsung. There are small differences, but the general scheme is NOT different:
I could not ignore the fans of Apple products. Nothing complicated, it’s Apple)
- Modem mode
- Choosing via Wi-Fi
- The password is created here immediately, if you wish, you can change it, but it’s easier to immediately activate the point:
The first method is the most common. You have a mobile Internet connection and want to create an access point using the Wi-Fi built into your phone. Previously, this had to be done with Shaman dances, but now everything comes out of the box for any device. But mobile cellular operators are also NOT asleep and may impose restrictions on this method of distribution, up to an additional fee. Let’s see how this is done for all modern mobile operating systems.
Your smartphone will not be a full-fledged router, but it is quite capable of providing several devices with the Internet. For permanent work, it is better to get a good router.
A slightly less popular system, but it also copes with the task with a bang. And again, step by step:
- Go to Settings:
- Shared Internet. for me, the name is even more understandable than Modem mode at least somewhere Microsoft has outstripped Android)
- We choose. via Wi-Fi. Choice again, as in the previous section:
- Set the network name and password to it:
- After creating the password, you can activate the network (you can do this before, but I am a supporter of security):
You can connect! And again, in the settings, you can see the connected guests:
From phone to tablet
Separate Subcategory, but really nothing special here. Internet from phone to tablet must be distributed in the same way as usual: we create a Wi-Fi access point, connect to it on the tablet. everything works.
The main thing here is to understand that a modern tablet is the same computer with an operating system. be it Android, iOS, or even, as in my case, with full Windows.
Share internet from your iOS phone
The iPhone has very detailed instructions on how to distribute Wi-Fi from your phone. Distribution can be carried out from phone to laptop, PC, tablet or other device:
- Open “Settings”.
- Click “Modem Mode”.
- The menus make it possible to determine through what the distribution will be. Wi-Fi / Bluetooth. We need “To connect via Wi-Fi”.
- Turn on the “Modem Mode”. Next, the code is entered in the device to be connected.
Steps to take on a PC or laptop
In order to distribute the Internet from the phone to the computer, a USB cable or a Bluetooth connected to the computer is enough. To install an access point on a PC, you must:
- Set up for cellular transmission via USB or Bluetooth (more on that below). The PC will find a new network and offer a choice of placement.
- After selecting the PC will apply the parameters.
- Will show the password for use.
- In the network settings it looks like this.
Instructions for Windows Phone
How to distribute Internet from a Windows Phone? The general principle is SIMilar to android:
- In the menu, select “Settings”.
- Click “Shared Internet”.
- The menus make it possible to determine through what the distribution will be. Wi-Fi / Bluetooth. Choosing shared access via Wi-Fi “.
- In the parameters you can change the name and password.
- We include.
- We open the device that needs to be connected, in our case with Android OS, select the settings.
- We are looking for a Wi-Fi Windows Phone device and click “Connect”.
- Enter your password. Android connects to Windows Phone. Windows Phone Settings displays information about connected devices.
How can I distribute the Internet from my phone via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth or USB
A mobile phone is multifunctional, it can also play the role of a modem. Provide Internet access for a second phone, tablet, laptop, PC. This function does NOT depend on the cellular model or its system. any device with access to 2G, 3G, 4G can transmit the Internet. There are several ways to distribute mobile internet.
You may also be interested in:
Connect your phone as a USB modem
Sharing the Internet is SIMple: you need to connect it via a cord, select a USB modem from the menu. Internet distribution from phone to PC will start after settings on the computer.
Create an Android hotspot
In order to understand how to distribute the Internet from an android, it is worth understanding the menu and performing the following actions:
- Open the cell phone menu, find the gears. the settings sign.
- Press the settings, select “.”.
- In the wireless networks menu, select “Modem mode”.
- The settings make it possible to determine through what the distribution will be. Wi-Fi / Bluetooth. We need a Wi-Fi point, and to change them, we need to select “Access point settings”.
- Configuring the access point
- Be sure to go to the management of permitted devices and put a tick in “connect all devices” without this, it will NOT work to distribute Wi-Fi from the android.
- We look at the name, if necessary. change, Set the password.
- We put an icon in the Wi-Fi point.
- A message about point activity should appear.
- We open the device that needs to be connected, in our case with Windows Phone OS, select settings.
- We open the “Shared Internet“.
- Finding an Android connection.
- Enter password.
- A connection is established, Windows Phone is connected to Android.
- In the parameters of the access point, you can see the connected devices.
- Available details of each device connected.
We use a Wi-Fi connection
Sharing Wi-Fi from your phone is quick and easy. Distribution is made to any device that supports work with networks. The distributing device must have mobile Internet and set up access to the network. Network operators limit the free use of this method of distributing the Internet and, with a large transmission volume, warn about the daily payment for the service.
Connect your phone as a bluetooth modem
You can share Wi-Fi over the phone on a PC, smartphone, or other device. You can transfer the Internet phone by making notes.
We use various programs and applications (FoxFi, PdaNet, etc.)
You can distribute the Internet using programs, using their functionality and capabilities. It is possible to distribute Wi-Fi from a phone to a computer or a second device through:
- Foxfi is a SIMple, intuitive English-language program that supports open access to the dispenser or password entry is possible.
- Osmino. positioned as an opportunity for free distribution of the Internet, the interface is Russian and very SIMple.
There are a lot of SIMilar programs, they allow you to work with one click of a shortcut on the phone, but you can do without them using the phone settings.
How to distribute the Internet via Wi-Fi?
The first step is to make a wireless access point from the tablet. Then it will be possible to connect other devices to it, which at the same time will be able to access the Internet. How to do it? Let’s break it down point by point:
- You will need the tablet itself, equipped with a SIM card. In addition, the device must contain a configured connection to the mobile Internet (3g, 4g) from any telecom operator (MTS, Beeline, Yota, Megafon and many others.) If the tablet is SIMply connected to another Wi-Fi point, then make from the gadget the access point will be quite difficult.
- Then you need to go to the settings. In the “Wireless Networks” section, they will be named by the “” button. On most Android versions, it is located just below the “Wi-Fi”, “Bluetooth”, “Traffic Control” items. Secondly, the interface you will NOT find the “” button. Instead. “Additional settings”.
- As soon as you click on “” (or “Additional settings”) a special menu will open. Next, you need to select “Modem Mode”.
- Tap “Access Point”. Another window will open, where at the very top you can activate the Wi-Fi modem. To do this, slide the switch to the right. Most likely, the tablet will “think” for a few seconds. Then he may ask you to turn off Wi-Fi. Some models of such devices cannot SIMultaneously distribute the Internet and be connected to the World Wide Web through a wireless connection.
- Now you need to go to the “Access Point Settings”. Here you can change the network name to make it easier to find it from a computer, smartphone or other device with a Wi-Fi module. Next, it is desirable to set a password. It will be entered when connected to a tablet, which has now, in fact, become a wireless router. You can and do not put a password. It is enough to select “available” in the “Security” window. However, if you plan to use your tablet computer as a modem for a long time, then you should protect yourself from your neighbors, who can use the free Internet and connect to an access point without any problems. Just remember that the security key must be about 8 characters or more. Also in this section you can limit the number of users who can connect to the network. Once you have configured all the fields, click the “Save” button.
- Now you can easily connect to the tablet, which began to function as a wireless Internet access point. It is enough to run Wi-Fi on a smartphone, laptop or personal computer. In the list, you will see the new network with the set name. We click on it, click “Connect” and enter the password (unless, of course, you put a security key).
- If you did everything correctly, then, most likely, when connecting, a window will appear where you will need to select a network location. There will be three items. the home network, the company network, and the public network. Choose any.
- Go to the browser and check the connection to the world wide web.
- All now, through the tablet, you have configured wireless Internet access for the second device.
By the way, on some models of tablet devices (ASUS, Lenovo, Samsung, etc.), the access point auto-off function is activated from the factory after some time. For example, if the wireless network is NOT used for 5-10 minutes, then the tablet stops working in modem mode. In total, you have to re-configure the device and connect to the new network. Therefore, in the “WLAN hotspot” section, find the “Auto disconnect” item. Then turn the switch to the always on position.
How to distribute the Internet from a tablet
Each tablet owner thought about how to convert the device into a kind of modem, distributing the Internet from it to the rest of the accessories. smartphone, laptop, PC, etc. Let’s just say. it’s quite real. over, to a skillful user, such a procedure will not seem complicated. However, everyone will find it useful to know a few nuances. Therefore, we will tell you in as much detail as possible in how to distribute the Internet from a tablet.
Other ways to share the Internet through a tablet
There are other ways to provide the distribution of the Internet from a tablet to a phone, PC or laptop. Not only by creating a Wi-Fi hotspot, but also by means of a USB cable. What needs to be done for this?
- Connect your tablet to the Internet. It is possible via 3g or 4g, as well as via wi-fi.
- Then you need to connect the tablet to your computer or laptop via a USB cable.
- The next step is to go to “Settings”. Then. “Wireless networks”. “”. “Modem mode”. In fact, the same path as when setting up the distribution of the Internet via Wi-Fi. Only now, instead of the top line “Access point”, we are interested in the line “USB modem”. Here you need to tick or activate the switch.
- Now a new connection will appear on the computer or laptop. To make it active, open the network connections window. Then right-click on the corresponding icon. Then, in the menu that appears, select “Enable”.
- If you have a modern OS, the system will install all the necessary drivers on its own. Otherwise, you will have to go to the website of the tablet manufacturer and download the necessary software there.
- Now you have activated the device as a USB modem. Through the corresponding cable, the tablet can distribute the Internet.
The connection speed with this connection method is lower than with Wi-Fi distribution. At the same time, much depends on the quality of the cable. Therefore, we recommend using a good cord. Desirable, the one that came with the tablet.
Move on. It is possible to connect the tablet as a Bluetooth modem. To do this, you need to do most of the points in which we described above (via Wi-Fi and USB). Also go to the address “Settings”. “”. “Modem mode”. Only this time you need to check the box next to “Bluetooth modem”.
Next, you need to ensure the pairing of the two devices. In addition, the detection function must be enabled both on the tablet and on the receiving Internet device. We are waiting for the “Bluetooth pairing request” window to appear. It must be confirmed both on a smartphone / PC / laptop and on the source of the Internet connection (tablet).
After all of the above, we recommend launching (most likely, you will have to download it in advance) the BlueVPN program. This utility helps to create faster and more reliable Internet transmission via bluetooth. If for some reason there is a connection, then in the “Devices and Printers” section, right-click on the tablet icon, and then Confirm the item “Connect via”. “Access Point”.
That being said, keep in mind that Bluetooth has decent transmission speed limits. Comfortable web surfing is not worth waiting for. Not to mention watching movies online. At most, this speed will be enough to perform “philistine” tasks. checking mail, communicating in instant messengers, etc.
How to distribute internet from Android to computer or tablet
Difficulty level: for beginners. The need to distribute the Internet from a smartphone to other devices occurs quite often, especially in those regions where there is 3G, 4G (LTE) coverage, but there is no wired connection. For example, you went to a dacha, where providers will not be able to lay cables very soon, and you need to connect to the network today. In this case, you can connect your laptop to the Internet via your smartphone, especially if your tariff plan allows you not to worry too much about the volume of traffic.
There are several ways to connect a smartphone and laptop to access the latter to the network: using a USB cable, via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. The last method is suitable for any combination of devices to be connected, and we will analyze the first two using the example of connecting to a computer running Windows.
How to distribute the Internet via Wi-Fi
This is one of the easiest to set up options for sharing the Internet from an Android device. It consists in using a smartphone as a wireless router, which can come in handy if you need to connect several devices to the Internet at once, such as a computer and a tablet.
To put your smartphone in Wi-Fi modem mode, open Android settings and tap “” in the wireless networks section. Then go to the “Tethering” window and tap “Wi-Fi hotspot”.
A new Wi-Fi Hotspot window will open. First of all, we activate the Wi-Fi modem using the switch at the top. After that, in the access point settings, set the security method (WPA2 PSK is recommended) and the password.
Thus, you can connect not only a computer, but also any device with a Wi-Fi module. Main Make sure your wireless interface is enabled. A new network with the name you specified should appear in the list of available networks. Click on it with the mouse, enter the password and click “Next”.
How to connect a smartphone as a USB modem
To implement this method, you need to connect your smartphone with a cable to one of the USB ports on your Windows computer. In most cases, the system will detect and install the necessary drivers on its own, but if this did not happen, you will have to download them on the gadget manufacturer’s website and install them manually. Please note that it is best to use the supplied cable, as its quality can indirectly affect the connection speed.
After connecting your smartphone, open its settings and in the “Wireless networks” section, select “”. A section of additional settings will open before you, where we are interested in the item “Modem mode”.
Here you need to check the box next to the “USB-modem” item. As a result, a new connection will appear on your computer. To activate it, open the network connections window, Right-click on the “Local Area Connection” icon and select “Enable” in the context menu that appears.
How to connect a smartphone as a Bluetooth modem
To create this connection, you need, in the same way as described in the previous section, to open the smartphone settings and go to the modem mode selection, which is located at the “Settings” address. “Yet.”. “Modem mode”. Only this time it is required to mark the item “Bluetooth modem”. Please note that your gadget must be visible to other devices. Be sure to check this option in the Bluetooth settings of your smartphone.
Don’t forget to make sure that the Bluetooth interface is active in Windows. Open the “Devices and Printers” window in the “Control Panel”, in which we click on the “Add a device” link. This will search for devices that are currently available for Bluetooth connection. When your phone is detected, its icon will appear in this window. Click on it and a window with an 8-digit code will appear. After that, a request for Pairing devices will appear on your phone, and then a proposal to give permission to use your smartphone as a Bluetooth modem.
After performing THESE operations, right-click on the smartphone icon in the “Devices and Printers” window and select “Connect via” from the context menu. “Access point”.
In the process of writing this article, we tested the data transfer speed for each of the connection methods using the Speedtest service. As a result, it was the Wi-Fi connection that showed the best speed, USB came in second, and Bluetooth lagged far behind. Therefore, if you have an outlet in the immediate vicinity, then you must use the Wi-Fi modem method. But if you are in the field, where there is not even electricity, then you should choose a USB connection as the most energy efficient.
Have you ever used an Android smartphone to distribute the Internet to a computer or laptop? Which of the available options is the most preferable, in your opinion?
Setting up a tethering mode with creating a Wi-Fi hotspot on Android (using your phone as a router)
The Google Android mobile operating system has a built-in wireless hotspot function. In order to enable this function, go to the Android phone settings screen, in the “Wireless and networks” section, click the “” item, then open the “Tethering mode”. Then click on “Configure Wi-Fi Hotspot”.
Here you can set the parameters of the wireless access point created on the phone. SSID (Wireless Network Name) and password. It is better to leave the item “Protection” in the value WPA2 PSK.
After you have finished configuring your wireless hotspot, check the “Portable Wi-Fi hotspot” box. Now you can connect to the created access point from a laptop, or any Wi-Fi tablet.
How to distribute the Internet from Android phone via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and USB
The modem mode in modern phones allows you to “distribute” the Internet connection to other mobile devices using both a wireless connection and a USB connection. Thus, having set up the general Internet access on your phone, you may well not purchase a separate 3G / 4G USB modem in order to access the Internet in the country from a laptop or tablet, which only supports Wi-Fi connection. Separate instruction: How to distribute Internet via Wi-Fi, USB and Bluetooth from Samsung Galaxy.
In this article, we’ll look at four different ways to share Internet access or use an Android phone as a modem:
- Via Wi-Fi, creating a wireless access point on the phone with the built-in means of the operating system
- Via a USB cable connection, turning your phone into a modem
- Using third-party programs
I think this material will be useful for many. from my own experience I know that many owners of Android smartphones are not even aware of this feature, despite the fact that it would be very useful for them.
Internet access via Bluetooth
In addition, on the Android settings page, you can enable the “Internet Sharing via Bluetooth” option. After this has been done, you can connect to the network via Bluetooth, for example, from a laptop.
To do this, make sure the Corresponding adapter is enabled on it and the phone itself is visible for discoverability. Go to Control Panel. “Devices and Printers”. “Add New Device” and Wait for your Android device to be detected. After the computer and the phone are paired, in the list of devices, right-click on and select “Connect with implementation”. “Access point”. For technical reasons, I did not manage to implement this for myself, so I DO NOT attach a screenshot.
Using Android phone as a USB modem
If you Connect your phone to a laptop using a USB cable, the USB modem option will become active in the modem settings on it. After you turn it on, a new device will be installed in Windows and a new one will appear in the list of connections.
Provided that your computer will not be connected to the Internet by the second methods, it will be used to access the network.
How does it work and what is the price of such an Internet
When using an Android phone as a modem to access the Internet for second devices, the phone itself must be connected via 3G, 4G (LTE) or GPRS / EDGE in the cellular network of your operator. Thus, the price for Internet access is calculated in accordance with the tariffs of Beeline, MTS, Megafon or a second communication service provider. And it can be expensive. Therefore, if, for example, the cost of one megabyte of traffic is high enough, I recommend, before using your phone as a modem or a Wi-Fi router, to connect any operator’s packet option for Internet access, which will allow you to reduce costs and make such a connection. justified.
Let me explain with an example: if you have Beeline, Megafon or MTS and you have just connected to one of the current (summer 2013) mobile tariffs, in which no “unlimited” Internet access services are provided, then when using the phone as modem, listening to one 5-minute music composition of average quality online will cost you from 28 to 50 rubles. When you connect to the Internet access services with a daily fixed payment, you will not have to worry that all the money will disappear from your account. It should also be noted that downloading games (for PC), using torrents, browsing and other delights of the Internet is not something that needs to be done through this type of access.
Programs for using the phone as a modem
This concludes the article. If you have any questions or additions. please write in the comments.
How to share Internet from Samsung Galaxy over Wi-Fi
The easiest way is to distribute the Internet from a phone via Wi-Fi to a computer, laptop, tablet or other smartphone. At the same time, Considering that only mobile Internet (received from a telecom operator) can be distributed via Wi-Fi, the process itself looks like this:
- On your Samsung smartphone, go to Settings. Connections. Mobile Hotspot Tethering.
- At the top, turn on the item “Mobile hotspot”. If you are told that you need to turn off Wi-Fi for this, agree (since we cannot distribute the existing Wi-Fi connection in this way, which I mentioned above).
- In order to change the network name, find out or change the password, click on the item “Mobile hotspot” and specify the required data instead of the standard.
- After that, you can connect to the created wireless network from any other devices and use your phone’s mobile Internet from them.
A few nuances that may be important in the context of distributing the Internet via Wi-Fi from a phone:
- Do not forget that the Internet requires mobile Internet to be connected and active.
- Some telecom operators on some tariffs block the ability to distribute mobile Internet from the phone to other devices.
- If you need to quickly connect another phone to the Internet, in the settings of the mobile hotspot on Samsung, you can click on the QR code icon at the top right and scan the generated code with the second smartphone.
- If your tariff has limited traffic, Considering that you connect your PC or laptop to the created access point, you can quickly use it up (for example, if OS updates start downloading).
Sharing the Internet from a smartphone to a computer via USB
Unlike the previous method, by connecting your Samsung phone to a computer or laptop via USB, you can distribute not only the mobile Internet, but also access to the network obtained via a Wi-Fi connection, Using the smartphone as a Wi-Fi adapter. The steps are as follows:
- Connect your phone with a USB cable to your PC or laptop.
- Once connected, go to the notification area on your phone and tap on USB connection notification.
- Select “USB tethering”.
- Windows or another OS will set up a new device (phone as a modem).
- A new Ethernet connection will appear in the list of connections on the computer (WinR. ncpa.Cpl). If it is disabled, right-click on it and select “Enable”.
- If the network still remains in the “Disconnected” state, on the phone go to Settings. Connections. Mobile hotspot and modem, Disable and then turn on the USB tethering item, the network will become active and the Internet is available.
How to share Internet from Samsung phone via Wi-FI, USB and Bluetooth
Almost all Android phones have the ability to share the Internet via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth or USB, and Samsung smartphones are no exception. This instruction details how to distribute the Internet from Samsung Galaxy to a computer, laptop or other phone in all available ways. The examples use Galaxy Note with Android 10, but on the second current models everything will be the same.
If you are interested in the same for devices with pure Android without features of the One UI interface, about this in a separate guide How to distribute the Internet via Wi-Fi / Bluetooth / USB on Android.
- How to share Internet from Samsung Galaxy over Wi-Fi
- Sharing the Internet from a smartphone via USB
Sharing the Internet via Bluetooth
And the last way: using a Bluetooth connection. Its main disadvantage is the relatively low connection speed, as well as the instability of work (and sometimes the impossibility of connecting) for many users. The procedure will be as follows:
- On your Samsung phone, go to Settings. Connections. Mobile Hotspot Tethering.
- Turn on Bluetooth tethering.
- Connect via Bluetooth from another device, and if we talk about Windows 10, SIMply Pairing a device through “Settings”. “Devices” may NOT work. After that, you need to right-click on the Bluetooth icon on your computer, select “Join a personal network” (or go to the Control Panel. Devices), right-click on your smartphone in the list of devices and select “Connect via”. “Access Point” or “Direct Connection”. The phone may ask if you want to connect in Bluetooth tethering mode.
- In the list of available connections (you can open it through WinR. ncpa.Cpl) you should see an active “Bluetooth Network Connection”.
Samsung phone as a modem or Wi-Fi adapter. instructions
Typically, sharing over Wi-Fi or USB from Samsung phones usually works without any problems. Bluetooth connectivity is not always smooth, but I hope if you need it, it will work out.
Transfer the Internet from phone to phone
First, we need a smartphone with internet access. Both smartphones must have working Wi-Fi receivers. Make sure the signal strength is sufficient for a stable network. Internet speed on the phone, which receives the distribution, is always lower.
The startup process differs from different operating systems. To distribute the Internet with ISO OS, proceed as follows:
- Go to the “Settings” menu, and from it. to the cellular connection.
- Find the sub-item “Modem mode” just below in the tabs.
- We activate the mode using the switch.
With older versions of the operating system, the process may differ, but not radically.
If everything is done correctly, a help message will appear indicating that other users can search for your shared network using Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. The name of the public network is also indicated here. Below under the help is the password for connection. User can install any other.
Note! If it is not possible to turn on the modem mode, it is likely that the mobile Internet package does NOT provide a distribution service. To clarify this, Contact your operator.
Now your IPhone has become a complete Wi-Fi hotspot. You can connect to the Internet from any device: phone, laptop or tablet. Just find the desired one among the networks and enter the specified password.
How to distribute the Internet from phone to phone or tablet
A friend asks to share the mobile Internet, but you have no idea how to do it? From this article, you will learn a few SIMple ways to convert your device to an analog of a Wi-Fi modem.
How to share internet on Android?
Setting up the distribution of the Internet from an Android smartphone follows a SIMilar principle. As in the case of IOS, go to “settings”:
- We select the item “” and find the sub-item “Modem mode” in the list. We go in;
- There we see three ways of distributing Wi-Fi: via Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and USB cable. We need Wi-Fi. We activate;
- The access setting window appears. The SSID (network name), security level (default WPA2) and the password field appear. Come up with a password and click the “save” button.
Note! By default, the system sets the AndroidAP network name and password 00000000. Knowing this, you can easily connect to any network, the distributor of which has NOT changed anything in the settings at all. If you want to protect your access point from intruders and SIMple unauthorized access, change the standard name and password.
We set up the distribution of the Internet from phone to tablet
Using the methods described above, you can transfer Wi-Fi to any devices in the vicinity. It can be another smartphone, personal computer, laptop, tablet or any other gadget with a working Wi-Fi receiver. Your phone literally turns into a wireless modem. The receiving party connects to it in the same way as to any other access point.
If you followed the instructions above exactly, but other devices still DO NOT see your phone’s access point, you need to fix the problem. This does happen. We will analyze the most common problems and how to solve them.
|Antivirus is installed on the phone. Firewall can block Wi-Fi distribution function.||You can disable it or delete it altogether. In most cases, after this action, the problem is solved.|
|A virus has been caught. Malicious applications can be launched that modify the configuration of the wireless network.||Check your phone for unknown processes, uninstall questionable apps, clean.|
|Operating system error. Both Android and IOS are not perfect. they can crash. Especially after updating or flashing.||Perform a factory reset and everything should work. On Android, you can do this by going to the “restore and reset” menu in “settings”.|
Now you know how to distribute the Internet from your smartphone to other devices, and what is the problem if other gadgets DO NOT see the access point. Stay with us to find out even more interesting things, and share your experience in the comments.