Launching the application from the start menu
Calling up the Camera application is quite simple: it is in the list of utilities in the system Start menu. Follow the small instructions:
- Click on the window-shaped button in the lower left corner of the screen. This is the leftmost icon on the taskbar. This menu is also called by a special key on which the same icon is drawn. Finding it is easy: it is next to the space.
Click on the “Start” button with an icon in the form of a window to launch the menu of the same name
- In the menu, you can simply scroll through the list of services and applications to the letter “K”. If you don’t want to scroll through the list, press the letter “A”. Click on the letter “A” to open the table with the rest of the available letters
- In the appeared table with letters from two alphabets, select the Russian “K” with the left mouse button. Select the Russian letter “K” in the table
- A small list will open with applications starting with this letter. Find “Camera” in it and left-click on it. Click on the “Camera” item in the list of applications on the letter “K”
- You should immediately see yourself on the PC display.
What to do if the camera doesn’t work
Users of the Windows operating system sometimes fail to launch the classic Camera utility. At the same time, as a rule, a message appears in the window stating that it is not possible to find the camera or turn it on. Each error has its own code. Most problems are resolved by updating or rolling back video device drivers.
Setting permission to use the webcam by other programs
If, when you launch the Camera application, a white window appears on the screen with a message that you need to grant access to the camera and microphone, this means that you have disabled access to them in the privacy settings. In this case, no programs will be able to use the webcam. How to enable access, we will tell you in detail:
- Press two buttons at the same time: Win and I. So you can open the “Windows Settings” window, in which all the configuration manipulations will be performed. If this combination does not work, go to this window through the Start menu: launch it on the taskbar and click on the gear icon.
- In the window with the parameters, we are interested in the “Privacy” tile. It is usually located at the very bottom of the page. We click on it. Click on the “Privacy” tile in the options window
We immediately click on the first switch to allow all utilities to use the camera.
Switch to the third block called “Camera”. You can also run it from the application of the same name, if it works for you. To do this, click on the gear in the upper right corner, scroll down the panel in the right part of the window to the “Related parameters” block. In it, already click on the link “Change privacy settings”. The system will immediately redirect you to the desired tab in the Windows Settings window.
In the “Camera” tab, put the first switch to the “On” position to allow applications to use the webcam
Windows Tools allow you to configure the camera to turn on for specific applications only. If this is your case, scroll down the page a little and in the list of utilities find the ones that you want to give access to the “webcam”. For them, set the switch to the “On” position.
In the list, select the applications that you want to give access to the camera, and then enable them using the switches on the right
How to disable the webcam on a Windows 10 laptop
Sometimes users may need to turn off the webcam for one reason or another. This can be done in the Windows “Device Manager” system window. Follow the step by step instructions:
- Bring up the “Device Manager” window. The easiest way is to enter the corresponding query in the panel for universal search in the Windows system: it is launched through the magnifying glass icon on the “Taskbar”. Typically this icon is located next to the Start button. In the search results then click on the desired section. In the bar “Search” enter the query “Device Manager”
- If you do not have this icon, use the Windows Settings window: press the Win I key combination and start typing “Device Manager” in the search bar. As you type, the system will automatically determine what exactly you want to open. Select the required service from the list by clicking the left mouse button. In the search bar in the “Options” window, enter the query “Device Manager”
- In the manager window find the line “Cameras” and open the list of connected devices by double-clicking.
- Right click on the name of your built-in camera. In the context menu, select the “Disconnect device” option. In the context menu, click on the line “Disable device”
- In the dialog box that appears, confirm your intention to temporarily deactivate the video device. Click “Yes” to turn off the camcorder
You can turn on the WEB-camera again through the same context menu that opens by right-clicking on the corresponding item.
How to turn on the camera on a Windows 10 laptop
You can activate the laptop’s webcam to take pictures at the current time, for this, the classic “Camera” application is launched. If you want to use it in other utilities, give them access to it in Windows settings. Consider how to do both.
How to set up a webcam on a laptop
You can change the webcam settings in the classic Camera application window. We will tell you exactly what settings are available in this utility point by point:
- Launch the Camera program using the instructions in the first section of this article. In the application window, there is a phototimer at the top (an alarm clock icon). The arrow next to it allows you to switch from the automatic shooting mode to the professional one. On the right, there are two round buttons to switch between taking photos and videos.
In the “Camera” application, you can select the mode (photo or video), as well as enable the ability to manually set all the settings
- To get to the settings, click on the gear-shaped icon, which is located in the upper right corner of the application window under the close icon.
- In the first drop-down menu, you can select the action that will be performed after pressing and holding the camera button. Three options are available: single shot, full burst of photos, or video recording. Set the action to be performed after pressing and holding the camera button
- In the next menu, you can flip the image that you see in the application window. If necessary, set the angle to which you want to rotate the image
- The Photos section provides options for image aspect ratio and framing grid. Select a grid type depending on what kind of survey you want to use. It will be easier to apply this or that method with it. Set the framing grid according to the shooting method you want to apply
- With the Burst option enabled, you can take multiple photos until you press the camera button again.
- In the “Video” block, you can select the recording quality (depending on the maximum parameter offered by the camera itself), and also configure the anti-flicker option. In the Video Recording menu, set the quality of your future media content
- In the “Related options” section, you can change the path to the folders where photos and videos will be saved. In the section of related parameters, you can choose the location of the files with the taken photos and videos
- In addition, you can enable the use of your computer’s location. The characteristics of the photo or video will indicate where they were taken. Allow the Camera app to show your current location
How to turn on the webcam on a Windows 10 laptop and what to do if it doesn’t work
All laptops are equipped with a built-in webcam. Users can use it as a tool for video chats in various messengers, for example, Skype. In Windows 10 there is a special standard application “Camera”, which allows you to quickly launch it on a laptop as on a phone to take an instant photo or video. Today we will consider how to enable and configure the camera in the application of the same name, as well as how to grant certain programs access to it. In addition, we will list effective ways to troubleshoot the “webcam”.
About health check
First, they check the camera: you need to establish whether it works or not. Here you need to turn on the device. insert the USB cable into the corresponding socket of the laptop. This step is only required if the equipment was purchased separately from the laptop. Immediately after connection, a record about the found new device will appear on the screen.
In this and other cases, the inclusion is carried out in the following sequence of actions:
- You need to open the “Device Manager”, which happens in several ways. The first one involves the keyboard shortcut “Windows X”. The second way is to use the “Start” system.
- Having opened the “Device Manager”, find the “Cameras” section in the list.
- Look carefully in the branch, most likely, under the word “Cameras” there will be listed devices that are already connected to the computer. There can be several cameras for online communication: one, which is built into the PC, the second is connected separately via a wire to the socket.
- Select the required device model and move the cursor over it. Click the right mouse button. A context menu with actions will appear. Often it’s not just “Turn on device”. Through this menu, you can additionally install the driver or view the properties.
- Turn on the camera by clicking on the corresponding caption in the context menu. See if the connected device is activated.
Note! The device is considered to be on if the lamp on it lights up. A window may also open to identify and verify the image.
Installing or updating webcam drivers
Drivers are not always installed automatically when connecting a camera or allowing access to other applications. In this case, it is necessary to additionally carry out the driver installation procedure. In the presented question, you can use two ways.
The first way is to install the driver included with the camera. It can also be included in the Windows 10 package. The launch of such a driver can start immediately after connecting a new device via a wire.
Note! Installation takes place in a matter of seconds. From the user, you only need to specify the folder for saving system files, as well as confirm your actions. But the use of such drivers does not guarantee a high-quality image and smooth operation of the device. We have to turn to the second method.
The second way is to use additional drivers. They can be downloaded via a web browser. You have to install such drivers by analogy with simple programs.
The driver should be installed in the following sequence:
- Go to “Device Manager” using one of the above methods.
- Select your device under the word “Cameras” and right-click.
- A list of possible actions will appear. Choose one of two options “Install Driver” or “Update Driver”.
- The program will start, in which the downloaded driver is selected and continue the installation in the standard way.
Important! The same method can be used to find out if the driver is installed automatically after starting the camera. If this is not the case, you will have to do everything manually, during which you additionally configure the device for further work.
How to turn on the camera on a Windows 10 laptop or computer
Virtual communication is gaining momentum, which is why all modern laptop models have built-in video cameras. With their help, you can broadcast or just chat on Skype. At the time of purchase and download of the program for online broadcasts, the equipment will not be connected. Sometimes a webcam is purchased separately, which also requires it to be turned on and connected. Below is a detailed description of how to turn on the camera on a Windows 10 laptop. in the most common software system at the moment.
How to enable yourself
Before understanding connectivity issues, you need to learn how to test the camera on a Windows 10 laptop.
Note! Often, computer owners neglect this, as a result of which they waste time connecting, which is impossible.
Connecting a webcam on a laptop is possible independently
Checking the settings in the operating system parameters
After installing the device, proceed to the second stage. Here you need to check the camera settings and change them if necessary.
This happens in the following sequence:
- The Windows 10 camera is configured through the Settings app. To open it, you need to use the “Start” menu, but do not go into it, but right-click. A list of possible actions will open. It is worth choosing “Parameters”. The second way to open the application is the keyboard shortcut “Windows X”, they must be pressed at the same time. You can simplify the task and use the keyboard shortcut “Windows I”. Then the window of the desired application opens immediately.
- In the window that opens, you need to scroll down all the commands and open “Privacy”. Then, in the left column of the new window that opens, select “Camera”.
- Possible actions for the presented device will open. To check the purchased and connected camera, you need to enable access if it is not connected. To do this, click on the “Change” button under the item “Access for this device is disabled.” If access is disabled, Windows will not be able to recognize the connected device. Even if the user manages to perform other actions with the camera, it will not work.
- In order to further use the webcam to the fullest extent of its capabilities, you must allow access to the device to other applications. If this is not the case, then the downloaded, for example, Skype program, will not be able to start working. She simply will not start the connection, indicating an error. the inability to start video broadcasting. To start the camera and microphone, you need to allow access, which is done by analogy with the previous connection. It is only necessary in the “Allow applications access” item to move the checkbox to “On.”.
- As soon as application access is enabled, a list of programs will open to which the presented actions apply. Opposite the necessary applications, simply move the checkboxes.
Thus, the webcam is configured in Windows 10. Now the device was not only installed, but also allowed its further use in full.
Checking the settings in the app
Learning how to set up a webcam in Windows 10 isn’t the only thing you need to do to communicate online later. The device is used only through the application. One of the most common is Skype. With its help, you can not only communicate online, but also make notes for interlocutors if the PC user is engaged in training of various nature.
To learn about all the features of the presented application and start communicating, you must adhere to the following sequence:
- Download the application and install it on the system drive of a laptop or PC. You can use other modern software with improved sound and picture quality, as well as with expanded capabilities.
- Open Skype after installation. Immediately under the heading of the application name, there is a field in which you can find three dots. Click on them. this is the “Settings” tab. Some versions contain the inscription “Settings”.
- Several sections will open in the left pane, where the necessary parameters are checked. To learn how to test a webcam on Windows 10, just refer to the section “Sound and video”.
- An automatic check of the installed device will start. The user will see their own image in the window. This is the quality that the interlocutors will be on the screen during online conversations. If the image quality is poor, please indicate this.
- Additionally, a camera microphone test is offered. At the bottom you can see a scale with a slider. It is installed in a location indicating satisfactory sound quality. To test it, the user needs to say a few words. It is better to speak low at first, then raise your voice. If the scale reaches the slider, then the microphone is working and recognizes the speech of the laptop owner.
Note! In the presented “Settings” tab, you can find other parameters: check the box under the inscription “Third interlocutors can be included during a call” and so on.
Problems launching the webcam
The device does not always work properly after the work done. The following problems may arise:
- the camera does not turn on even if the system is allowed to access the device or other programs. In this case, you need to check if the drivers are installed. If this is not the case, then install them. Sometimes this is done through the “Task Manager” immediately and independently. Automatic installation does not always occur, which is determined by the settings from the webcam manufacturer;
- the Windows software system does not see the connected device. In this case, it is recommended to check the integrity of the cable and socket on the PC. Perhaps the problem lies in the non-working accessories. You should plug the USB cable into another computer, if you have one in your home. If the system does not see the connected device there, replace the connection cable;
- the webcam itself is faulty. This can be determined by the absence of the indicator light. Sometimes the device does not work correctly, this leads to a software crash when using it or the camera itself heats up. If it is hot, contact your dealer or service center immediately.
In all other situations, you should contact the developers of the purchased webcam. To do this, go to the manufacturer’s website and send a request indicating the purchased model and the existing problem. Call center operators will contact him through feedback (in the manner specified by the sender). They can be asked all the questions of interest. If it is not possible to contact the manufacturers yourself, it is better to go to the sellers and hand over the device under warranty.
Important! The lack of sound from the camera or the image is often not due to a malfunction, but to the lack of installation of drivers. First, you need to check their presence. on the image, sound and microphone, and only then contact the developers or sellers.
How to set up a WEB-camera
One of the most popular communication methods today is video communication, which can be organized using the World Wide Web. However, to do this, you need to first configure the WEB-camera on your computer. Honestly, this is very, very easy to do.
To make our advice as informative as possible, we will tell you how to set up WEB cameras in a variety of situations. And it doesn’t matter which company your WEB-camera is: Genius, A4Tech, Logitech or any other.
How to set up a WEB-camera on a laptop
As a rule, webcams in laptops are already built-in, therefore they do not require special settings or installations. You just need to correctly install the operating system (preferably Windows 7) and connect your laptop to the Internet, and it will find all the necessary software by itself. It is worth with Honor that the camera itself does not turn on, but only works when you turn on the corresponding application, for example Skype (Skype). If the camera does not work, then you need to install the driver. You can find them either on the Internet by entering the request “WEB-camera driver for a laptop, specify its model here”, or (which is more correct), install them via the disk that comes with the laptop. Most of the problems are caused by Asus, MSI and Acer laptops.
How to properly configure a WEB-camera on a computer
Please note that for the correct operation of the WEB-camera, it is enough to connect it to the computer (via USB-output) and turn on the program that you need. As a rule, the computer itself installs the drivers and understands what kind of camera it is. If you want to adjust the clarity or quality of the video signal, then you need to install the utility (program) that comes with the WEB-camera. To do this, insert the disc into the drive, in the pop-up window, select “Install the program for working with the WEB-camera”.
In addition, many programs allow you to adjust the quality of the video signal in their interface. Also, consider factors such as room lighting and the specifications of your device.
How to set up a WEB-camera in Skype (Skype)
Setting up a camera in Skype is quite simple, to do this, turn on the Skype program (Skype), enter your username and password (or register). Next, go to the “Tools” tab, and then select the “Settings” item, as shown in the screenshot:
A settings window will open in front of you, in the left menu, in the “General” section, click on the “Video settings” item. Then the following window will open, in which you can enter the necessary settings for the WEB-camera in Skype:
How to set up a WEB-camera in classmates
To make calls on the Odnoklassniki social network, you just need to connect a WEB-camera to a computer or laptop and direct it towards yourself (try to sit so that the light falls on you, and not on the WEB-camera). Do not forget to check the sound from the speakers and if the microphone is connected. Naturally, you must install all the drivers for the WEB-camera, find them, as we have already said, on the disk that comes with the camera.
Sometimes the absence of an image is due to the fact that you do not have a flash player installed, and for this you need to install the Adobe Flash Player program (it is free). Then everything will be simple: move the mouse over the photo in your friend’s profile, you will see a prompt with the offer “Call ?!”. Click on this button, and then allow the social network to access your camera and microphone.
If you still have questions about setting up a WEB-camera, please ask them in the comments, but it will be even better if you ask our consultant. We work with absolutely all PC users who live in Krasnoyarsk. Low for our services will pleasantly surprise you!
You can also contact us by phone:
- (391) 231-12-94;
We are looking forward to your call!!
How to turn on the webcam on a laptop
Now the webcam is one of the essential attributes of a modern laptop. Indeed, video calls via Skype or web applications are a very popular form of communication today. By default, it is always turned on as a computer device and is powered. But here it is in an inactive state. Therefore, a lot of users do not even suspect about it, simply not knowing how it can be used and surf the Internet with the question “How to turn on a webcam on a laptop.” In fact, in 90% of cases, to activate it, you just need to launch an application that can work with a webcam. Unfortunately, there are no built-in webcam utilities in Windows 7 and Windows 8 operating systems. Therefore, third-party software comes to the rescue.
The software that comes preinstalled on the computer may include such a program. If it is not there, then you can download it from the Internet.
Another program that most likely you already have installed and that perfectly knows how to work with the camera is Skype.
To check the operation of the laptop webcam, you need to go to the program settings and find the “Video settings” subsection:
There you can take a picture and see the result.
Instead of Skype, you can also use Google Talk or ICQ.
You can also try to launch video communication on the Odnoklassniki social network.
The second reason. why the webcam may not work, is the uninstalled drivers.
Often, friends, acquaintances or so-called “computer wizards” from the ads are called to reinstall Windows, and as a result, the user gets a half-working system precisely because some of the drivers are simply not installed. To see this, we launch the device manager. To do this, press the WinR key combination on the keyboard and in the Run dialog box that opens, in the Open line, type the command:
This will open the Device Manager of your Windows 7 or Windows 8. Now let’s see if there are any devices with a yellow exclamation mark in the list:
In my example, as you may have noticed, there is an element “Intergrated Webcam”. an integrated webcam, and just marked with the icon. This means that her laptop sees, but she will not work until you install the driver. What to do in this case? To begin with, right-click on it in the context menu, select the item “Update drivers”:
Searching for the driver on the computer.
If the system does not find anything, then you will need to go to the website of the manufacturer of your laptop and find the “Support” section there. In it you will need to select your device model and go to the download drivers and software section (“Download Drivers and Software”). We are looking for a webcam driver, download the installer and run it. After restarting the laptop, the webcam will be turned on, of course, provided that everything is done correctly.
The third reason is the camera is disabled programmatically in the device manager.
To eliminate it, you will again need to go to the Device Manager and find the “Imaging Devices” section there:
There we find the laptop’s webcam and see if there is an icon with a down arrow on it, which means that the webcam is disabled. In this case, click on it with the right mouse button to open the context menu and select the “Activate” item:
After that, we again try to run the program in which you use the laptop’s webcam and check its operation.
Correctly, the above methods solve the problem in 99% of cases. The remaining 1% is usually hardware damage to the device. This is especially common on old laptops and you can fix this problem only through a trip to the service center.
How to set up a WEB-camera using Skype?
This method is one of the easiest and most reliable. You just need to turn on Skype on your laptop and click “Tools”. Then go to “Settings”. where to enter the “Video Settings”.
A video image from the camera should appear. Then press the button below the “Webcam settings” icon. This will open a menu with options to configure the device.
How to enable the webcam remotely in Windows 7?
Windows 7 has Remote Assistance. which allows you to enable and configure the webcam remotely. And also in Windows 7 you can use the applications “TeamViewer” or “Radmin”.
Threats, or how attackers have the ability to turn on and monitor the user using a laptop camera
Hackers have a special word “ratting”, which sounds roughly like “rat” in English, as it arose from the abbreviation RAT “Remote Administrator Tools”. It is used by cybercriminals to remotely control computers and all devices that are connected to it.
Most often, malicious software ends up in a laptop after visiting a certain website on the Internet. Using this software, a hacker can easily turn on the video equipment of a laptop and calmly shoot what is happening in front of it.
To avoid this, you need the following:
- do not visit suspicious pages on the global network;
- keep track of Windows 7 and software updates;
- do not open sites that came by e-mail in the case of an unknown sender;
- use antivirus utilities.
How to check and turn on the camera?
There are many video chat sites, for example, http://vchatting.ru/. http://chatroulette.com/. http://davaipogovorim.ru/. http://videochatru.com/. http://chatroulette.ru/. http://chatrandom.com/. By visiting any of these pages on the Internet, you can check and configure the video device on a laptop with Windows 7. In the case of a normally working WEB-camera, an indicator will light up near it, which warns the user about a functioning video device, and the browser will also display a picture captured by the WEB-camera.
Guide to Turning the Camera On and Off on Windows 7 Laptops
Almost all laptops have a built-in WEB-camera for conferences and negotiations. But often difficulties arise and the owners of laptops with Windows 7 cannot turn it on, since this operating system, unlike the previous version of Vista, is no longer equipped with the corresponding application “WindowsMovieMaker”.
Windows 7 users have to download it from the Microsoft page. The program on the official resource can be found under the name “Film Studio”.
Problems occur when the device cannot be started
Before getting down to business, you need to see if the device is covered by: an object, sticker, electrical tape or paint. You need to see if the device is enabled in the BIOS. And also, there are laptop models on which you can launch the WEB-camera with a combination of the “Fn” and “Camera” keys (you just need to find the button on the keyboard with its image).
Next, make sure the video hardware drivers are up to date. If there is more recent software on the equipment manufacturer’s resource, then it is advisable to update it.
If the camera is not functional, even if there is fresh software, it is recommended to remove the device.
To do this, you need to do the following in Windows 7:
- through the “Start” menu, open the “Control Panel”;
- then enter “System and Security”. find “System” and open “Device Manager”;
- find the group “Imaging devices” and delete the video device;
- then restart the laptop and reinstall the driver.
If a simple WEB-camera with a USB port is connected to the laptop, then you can simply disconnect the cord. In the case of built-in devices in the laptop cover, you need to find the video camera in the “Device Manager”. then calling the context menu, click on the line “Disable”. And also sometimes there is a mechanical switch on the laptop case. The state of the WEB-camera is signaled by a light indicator located in the immediate vicinity of the peephole of the video device.
Hurry up to find out. how to properly configure the Webcam?
A webcam is already an integral part of any laptop. All more or less modern laptops have a built-in camera for image transmission. Usually the quality of such a webcam suffers greatly, but still it exists.
Often, many users want to test the operation of such a laptop device, but cannot determine in what conditions it generally functions and whether it is suitable at all. Therefore, before figuring out how to set up a webcam on a laptop, you need to learn how to use it. Also, the instruction will be relevant for external cameras of a laptop or stationary PC, since they work according to the same algorithm.
The webcam is built into the laptop and, if the application supports image processing, then you will be asked if you want to turn it on. Such applications include the famous Skype, Simple Live Webcam and other similar network communication programs.
Installing drivers on a webcam
This section is a branch of the previous one and is relevant if you did not find your camera among the devices or it is displayed with a yellow exclamation mark. This indicates that there are no installed drivers or their malfunction. Usually, such problems arise due to an unqualified installation of Windows, when a large part of the system is not able to work normally due to drivers, or rather their absence.
- From the same panel of the manager, you need to find the section “Other devices” or among the “Imaging devices” there will be a camera with an exclamation mark;
- Right click and select Update Driver Software. If the system can find original drivers, then select them. Then check the operation of the camera, if it did not help then;
- Go to the office site of the laptop manufacturer and in the “Support” section, find your model and download the drivers. After installation, the malfunction should disappear;
- You can also set up a camera on a laptop built-in or external if you use the device ID. This information is located: double click on the device and go to the “Information” tab, where select “Equipment ID”. By copying the line and entering it into the search on the site https://devid.info, you can find out the exact name of the device and download the driver from here or from another site.
Usually, this method helps users, since the problem most often manifests itself due to the laziness of the Windows setup wizard, and without a link, in our case, a driver, the webcam will not work.
Checking the operation of the camera
There are some simple methods to help you learn how to set up the camera on a Windows laptop, and if you need to do it at all. First of all, we will find out if the camera is in working order, perhaps no action is required, and you simply did not know how to start it. For this purpose, you can use the Live Webcam program. a very simple utility that works with the camera, you can also use online services.
In the case of Live Webcam, the actions are elementary and boil down to downloading and running the program. After starting the program, you will be taken to the main menu, where the picture from the camera will be broadcast.
Another way. it is the use of online sites. For example, go to https://webcamtest.ru or https://webcammictest.com/ru/ and click the corresponding button. After that, the browser will display a dialog box containing a request to allow Flash Player to use your camera.
An alternative way for owners of Acer or Asus laptops. The set of applications contains standard programs like CrystalEye, ECap Camera or others. To run them, you need to use the hotkeys Fn V or find using the search. The interface is intuitive and even an unsure user can understand.
Often, any problems with the camera arise not so much due to physical wear and tear of the device as due to a software failure or lack of drivers. Therefore, when parsing how to set up a camera on a Windows 7 laptop and above, one cannot fail to mention a possible problem due to a disconnected device.
- Click Start and RMB on “Computer”, where select “Properties”;
- Go to the link “Device Manager”;
- Find the section “Imaging devices”, perhaps such an item is missing or empty, then you need to go to the next section;
- Right-click on the “Integrated WEB-camera” item and select “Engage”.
This option allows you to enable camera support for applications if it is disabled at the system level. This is possible as a result of using an external camera and the built-in one is disabled or due to intentional actions.
Alternative causes of malfunction
Of course, one cannot fail to mention those who really do not have a webcam for technical reasons. Perhaps this is a defect in the camera itself (it is rare). Here you should already use the warranty or service center, it can be difficult to achieve the goal manually.
It is likely that due to a fall of the laptop or improper collection, the camera is not connected to the board. Perhaps the cable is simply not connected or has flown off, it also occurs that the wire is completely worn out.
Another option is how to set up a Skype camera on a laptop. is to close another application using it. Two parallel connections will interrupt each other and, as a result, one program will simply not use the webcam. Also for applications like Skype, DirectX is required, which can also be the key to troubleshooting.
By alternately performing the proposed methods for solving the problem, you will be able to observe how the camera will come into working condition and open up new opportunities when communicating with the interlocutor.