How to unlock Huawei and Honor if you forgot your password, pattern
This manual is aimed at showing you how to unlock Huawei and Honor if you forgot the password or pattern that you installed on your phone. At the moment, mobile gadgets are an integral part of our life. In the memory of the devices, we store various information, including important information, undesirable for viewing by unauthorized persons. After, in solving the problem of protecting our data from prying eyes, it is worth taking care of first of all. Fortunately, the software developers took care of this and created a considerable set of protection methods such as passwords, pattern keys, fingerprint recognition and even the owner’s face.
However, sometimes there are situations when useful things become a problem for the user of a mobile device. For example, you let your child play with a smartphone or tablet, after which it turns out that your child has blocked the device with any of the available protection methods and cannot be unlocked, or SIMply forgot the lock code. And today we will tell you how to unlock Huawei and Honor phones if you forgot your password or key. Immediately, we note that the reset instructions provided below apply to all types of interlocks.
The only way to unlock Huawei and Honor if you forgot your password, key, pin code
Already while setting up a password or pattern, the system notifies us “Remember your PIN. All the ways to recover a forgotten PIN-code. ” Likewise with a password and a pattern. This means that if users forget it, they will NOT be able to reset their password.!
Nevertheless, the solution is how to reset the password on Honor and Huawei. to do a hard reset and return the smartphone to its original form. Unfortunately, the next solution to the problem is to erase all your data on your smartphone or tablet, because the second method involves resetting to factory settings (aka Hard Reset). But later you will get access to your smartphone. Therefore, we strongly recommend that you periodically backup all data and files on your Huawei and Honor.
Despite the inability to enter the workspace of the system, we can still turn off the smartphone by holding down the power button. And so, we do the following:
- I turn off the phone by pressing the power button or just pull out the battery if possible.
- At the same time, hold down and hold the power button on the Volume Up button. You will feel a light vibration signal and after a while the company logo and the Android inscription will appear on the screen.
- Keep this combination pressed until the reset menu appears, or at least 5 seconds after the logo appears. After a while, you should see the Recovery Menu, after which I release all the buttons.
- Select the item “Wipe data / Factory reset” and confirm the selection with the power button. Next, select the item of the same name “Wipe data / Factory reset” if it appears on your screen.
- After the end of the reset, the menu may reappear, in which we select “Reboot system now”.
All of the above The described process of how to reset the password on Huawei and Honor is shown in:
Outdated method, which does not work now
After you have entered the wrong pattern (picture or password) 5 times, the following message will appear on the screen: “Forgot the pattern”, which you actually need to click on. After that, you will be asked to enter the email address and password from the Google account to which the device is linked. Next, we select the unlocking method, in our case the pattern, and create a new key. We enter the key again and see the desktop. Below is provided with a visual example of how to unlock Huawei and Honor.
Reset Windows 10 password without programs
For starters in two ways to reset Windows 10 password without third-party software (local account only). In both cases, you need a bootable USB flash drive with Windows 10, not necessarily with the same version of the system installed on your computer.
The first method consists of the following steps:
- Boot from a bootable Windows 10 USB stick, then press ShiftF10 (Shift Fn F10 on some laptops) in the installer. Command prompt will open.
- In the command line, type regedit and press Enter.
- The Registry Editor will open. In it, in the left pane, select HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, and then select “File”. “Load Hive” from the menu.
- Specify the path to the file C: \ Windows \ System32 \ config \ SYSTEM (in some cases, the letter of the system drive may differ from the usual C, but the required letter can be easily identified by the contents of the drive).
- Set a name (any) for the loaded hive.
- Open the downloaded registry key (will be under the given name in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE), and in it the Setup subkey.
- On the right side of the Registry Editor, double click on the CmdLine parameter and set the value to cmd.Exe
- Change the SetupType parameter to 2 in the same way.
- On the left side of the Registry Editor, select the key whose name you specified in step 5, then select “File”. “Unload Hive”, Confirm unload.
- Close Registry Editor, Command Timeline, Setup, and restart your computer from your hard drive.
- When the system boots, the command prompt will open automatically. In it, enter the command net user to view the list of users.
- Enter the command net user username newpassword to set a new password for the desired user. If the username contains spaces, enclose it in quotation marks. If you want to remove the password, enter two quotation marks in a row (no space between them) instead of the new password. I strongly advise against typing a password in Cyrillic.
- At a command prompt, type regedit and navigate to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ System \ Setup registry key
- Remove the value from the CmdLine parameter and set the SetupType value to 0
- Close Registry Editor and Command Timeline.
As a result, you will be taken to the login screen, and the password for the user will be changed to the one you need or deleted.
Resetting the local account password in Windows October 1809 and 1803
Starting with version 1803 (for previous versions, the methods are described later in the instructions), resetting the password for a local account has become easier than before. Now, when installing Windows 10, you ask three security questions, which allow you to change your password at any time if you forgot it.
- After entering the password incorrectly, the item “Reset password” will appear under the input field, click it.
- Indicate answers to security questions.
- Set a new Windows 10 password and Confirm it.
After that, the password will be changed and you will be automatically logged into the system (provided the correct answers to the questions).
Reset Microsoft account password online
If you are using a Microsoft account, and the computer on which you cannot log in is connected to the Internet (or you can connect from the lock screen by clicking on the connection icon), then a SIMple password reset on the official website is for you. At the same time, you can follow the described steps to change the password from any other computer or even from your phone.
First of all, go to the page https://account.Live.com/resetpassword.Aspx, on which select one of the items, for example, “I forgot my password”.
After that, enter your email address (it can also be a phone number) and verification characters, and then follow the instructions to restore access to your Microsoft account.
Provided that you have access to the email or phone to which the account is linked, the process will not be complicated.
In total, you will need to connect to the Internet on the lock screen and enter a new password.
The second option to reset the Windows 10 password (with the command line already running, as described above)
To use this method, you must have Windows 10 Professional or Enterprise installed on your computer. Enter the command net user Administrator / active: yes (for English or Russian version of Windows 10, use Administrator instead of Administrator).
Either immediately after the successful execution of the command, or after restarting the computer, you will have a choice of user, select the activated administrator account and log in under it without a password.
After logging in (first logon takes a while), right-click on “Start” and select “Computer Management”. And in it. Local Users. Users.
Right-click on the name of the user whose password you want to reset and select the “Set password” menu item. Read the warning carefully and click “Continue”.
Then set a new password for the account. It should be noted that this method fully works only for local Windows 10 accounts. For a Microsoft account, you must use the first method, or, if this is not possible, Logging in as an administrator (as just described), create a new computer user.
Finally, if you used the second method to reset your password, I recommend returning everything to its original form. Disable the built-in administrator entry using the command line: net user Administrator / active: no
And also delete the utilman.Exe file from the System32 folder, and then rename the utilman2.Exe file to utilman.Exe (if this cannot be done inside Windows 10, then, as well as initially, you will have to go into recovery mode and perform these actions in the command line (as shown in the above).Your system is now in its original form, and you have access to it.
Changing the password for a user using the built-in Administrator account
To use this method, you will need one of the following: Live CD with the ability to boot and access the computer’s file system, a recovery disk (flash drive) or a Windows 10, 8.1 or Windows 7 distribution kit. I will demonstrate the use of the latter option. that is, resetting the password using the tools Windows recovery on an installation flash drive. Important note 2018: in the latest versions of Windows 10 (1809, some in 1803), the method described below does not work, the vulnerability was covered.
The first step is to boot from one of the specified drives. After loading and the screen for selecting the installation language appears, press the Shift F10 keys. this will bring up a command line. If nothing like this appears, you can on the installation screen, after selecting the language, select the item “System Restore” at the bottom left, then go to Troubleshooting. Advanced options. Command line.
In the command line, enter the commands in order (after entering, press Enter):
- List volume
You will see a list of partitions on your hard drive. Remember the letter of the partition (it can be determined by the size) on which Windows 10 is installed (this may NOT be C at the moment, when starting the command line from the installer). Enter the Exit command and press Enter. In my case, this is drive C, I will use this letter in the commands, which should be entered further:
- Move c: \ windows \ system32 \ utilman.Exe c: \ windows \ system32 \ utilman2.Exe
- Copy c: \ windows \ system32 \ cmd.Exe c: \ windows \ system32 \ utilman.Exe
- If everything went well, enter the wpeutil reboot command to reboot the computer (you can also reboot in another way). Boot from your system drive this time, not from a bootable flash drive or disk.
Note: if you used NOT the installation disk, but something else, then your task using the command line, as described above or by other means, is to make a copy of cmd.Exe in the System32 folder and rename this copy to utilman.Exe.
After loading, in the password entry window, click on the “Accessibility” icon at the bottom right. Windows 10 Command Prompt will open.
At the command prompt, type net user username new password and press Enter. If the username consists of multiple words, use quotation marks. If you do not know the username, Use the net users command to view the list of Windows 10 usernames. After changing the password, you can immediately log into the account with the new password. Below. In which this method is shown in detail.
How to reset Windows 10 password
This tutorial is about how to reset a forgotten password in Windows 10, whether you are using a Microsoft account or a local account. The password reset process itself is almost the same as what I described for previous OS versions, except for a couple of minor nuances. Please note, if you know the current password, then there are easier ways: How to change Windows 10 password.
If you need this information due to the fact that the Windows 10 password, which you set for some reason does not fit, I recommend that you first try to enter it with Caps Lock on and off, in Russian and English layouts. this can help.
If the textual description of the steps seems complicated, the section on resetting the password for a local account also has an instruction that shows everything clearly. See Also: Windows Password Reset Flash Drives.
Reset Windows 10 password in Dism
Dism is a powerful freeware program for tweaking, cleaning and some other actions with Windows, allowing, among other things, to remove the password of the local Windows 10 user.
In order to accomplish this using this program, follow these steps:
- Create (somewhere on another computer) a bootable USB flash drive with Windows 10 and unpack the archive with Dism on it.
- Boot from this flash drive on the computer where you need to reset the password, press ShiftF10 in the installer, and in the command line, enter the path to the program executable file in the same bitness as the image on your flash drive, for example. E: \ dism \ dismx64.Exe. Keep in mind that during the installation stage, the letter of the flash drive may differ from that used in the loaded system. To see the current letter, you can use the diskpart, list volume, exit commands in order (the second command will show the connected partitions and their letters).
- Accept the license agreement.
- In the launched program, pay attention to two items at the top: on the left. Windows Setup, and on the right. Windows Click on Windows 10, and then click “Open Session”.
- In the section “Tools”. “Advanced” select “Accounts”.
- Select the user for whom you want to reset the password and click the “Reset Password” button.
- Done Password has been cleared (deleted). You can close the program, command timeline, and installer, and then boot the computer from the hard drive as usual.
Details about the Dism program and where to download it in a separate article Setting up and cleaning Windows 10 in Dism.
In case none of the described options helps, you may need to explore the methods from here: Restoring Windows 10.
How to remove graphic lock via TWRP Recovery
TWRP Recovery has a file manager. through it, files are deleted, which display a password or a pattern, without installing Aroma File Manager. To do this, put your mobile gadget into recovery mode (see the previous method) and open “Advanced”.
Then click “File Manager”.
Go to the / data / system / folder and delete the following files:
- “Gatekeeper.Password.Key” (in older versions of Android the file is called “password.Key”)
- “Gatekeeper.Pattern.Key” (in older firmware. “gesture.Key”)
Tap on one of the files and select “Delete” in the list that appears.
Swipe right to confirm.
Then click “Back” and perform SIMilar actions with the remaining files.
To reboot Android, go back to the main menu and select “Reboot” → “System”.
14. Backup PIN on LG
When installing a screen lock on LG, you need to set a backup PIN-code, which can be entered instead of a pattern or password, and unlock the phone.
To do this, draw an incorrect graphic pattern in the appearance of a message about input blocking for 30 seconds. Click “OK”, at the bottom select “Forgot your pattern?”, Enter the PIN and click “OK”.
Flash a smartphone or tablet
Flashed Android phone or tablet, you remove the lock or password. On our website there is a detailed instruction for flashing Android devices of various manufacturers, separately Samsung using Odin and LG via KDZ Updater.
Remove gesture.Key (unlock graphic pattern) and password.Key (reset password)
The method is intended for owners of phones and tablets with root-rights and CWM Recovery. Its action is that the system files “gesture.Key” and “password.Key” are deleted, which are responsible for displaying the graphic lock and password, respectively.
This requires the Aroma file manager. Download the archive from the link and dump it to your phone or tablet without unpacking. Then turn off the device and go to the Recovery menu. To do this, instead of the power button, hold down one of the possible combinations (or read the FAQ for specific models):
- Volume up “ON”
- Volume down “ON”
- Volume up / down Power Home
Use the volume up and down buttons to move up and down, respectively, and confirm the selection with the on / off button. In new smartphones, Recovery may be touch sensitive.
1. In the CWM Recovery menu, select “Install zip”.
2. Then click “Choose zip from / sdcard” and go to the folder where you dropped Aroma or Use “Choose zip from last install folder”. In the second case, you will see all the latest Downloaded archives, among which you will find the desired.
3. Select the archive with Aroma Explorer.
4. Next, the file manager itself will open. Go to the path / data / system / and delete the files:
- “Gesture.Key” (“gatekeeper.Pattern.Key” in new firmware)
- “Password.Key” (or “gatekeeper.Password.Key” instead)
Select them and from the extended menu click “Delete”.
Finally, reboot your device. You can enter any password and the phone will be unlocked. Then feel free to go to the settings and set a new lock.
The next method is SIMpler than the previous one, but using it will delete all data from the internal memory, such as installed applications, linked accounts, SMS, etc. Photos, audio and other files on SD will remain intact. Full instructions can be found in the article: how to reset settings on Android (Hard Reset).
During the next activation of the device, restore data from a backup copy. it works provided that synchronization was carried out earlier.
11. Additional PIN-code on Samsung
On Samsung phones running Android 5.0 and below, set a pattern, you need to set an additional PIN. And if you forgot the pattern, but remember the PIN, you can enter it and unlock your smartphone.
Draw any wrong pattern when the message appears, which will only be retried after 30 seconds.
Then wait half a minute and click the “Additional PIN” button in the lower right corner. Enter PIN and click “OK”.
The lock on the phone will be completely removed.
Clearing internal memory using Fastboot
All Android phones and tablets (except Samsung) have a Fastboot firmware mode. After rebooting the mobile device into it, the device can be controlled from a computer using the utility of the same name. Installation of Fastboot and USB drivers is described in a separate manual. You will also need to unlock the bootloader on smartphones Sony, Huawei, LG, HTC, Pixel, Nexus, Motorola and some other models.
(!) Unlocking the Bootloader is also done through Fastboot and in the process, data from the internal memory is erased. In the future, to clean the smartphone, it will be enough to follow the steps described below.
To reboot the device into Fastboot mode, hold down the volume down button while turning on.
In addition, you can switch Android to firmware mode with the ADB command if USB debugging is activated. Study the FAQ on the site for working with Fastboot and ADB in detail, run the command term (or PowerShell in Windows 10) as administrator from the folder “platform-tools”, enter the command and click “Enter”:
Adb reboot bootloader
In PowerShell in front, you need to add:
When Bootloader is loaded on the machine, use one of the following Fastboot commands. The internal memory will be cleared, thus unlocking the device:
Fastboot erase userdata
To transfer the gadget from the bootloader to Android, enter:
We use the service “Find device”
Google created Find My Device, which has a Hard Reset feature. The lock is reset accordingly.
1. If the device is NOT connected to the Internet, Open the quick settings panel and Connect to a mobile or Wi-Fi network (open or the one to which you have connected before).
2.From a computer or a second device, go to the page https://www.Google.com/android/find and your.
3. The service will determine the location of the phone and when it was last online. In the list of options, select “Clean device”.
4. Press “Clean device” again.
5. To confirm the deletion, click on the “Clear” button.
When the device is offline, Wipe will be done the first time you connect to the Internet.
Enter your Google account details
Working way for devices running Android 4.4 and below. Starting with Android 5.0, this option has been removed from many firmwares. But not all manufacturers did this, so check if it works for you or not.
When the phone or tablet is connected to a mobile network or Wi-Fi, to remove the blocking, you just need to enter your e-mail and password. To do this, enter the pattern incorrectly 5-10 times, after which a warning about Blocking the device for 30 seconds will pop up.
The button “Forgot your pattern?” Will appear on the screen. By clicking on it, you can enter your data and unlock the device.
If you forgot your account password, you will have to restore it. go to this page from a working gadget or PC.
Please note that this method requires mandatory Internet access. Therefore, open the quick settings panel by swiping down (the “curtain” can be opened directly from the lock screen on Android 5.0 Lollipop and newer) and turn on mobile data or Wi-Fi. The device will connect to the access point if it worked in this network before.
Methods for cracking a tablet password or graphic key
Tablet pattern lock is a security that blocks other users from logging into your device, in particular if it is stolen or lost. In SIMple words, a pattern is a password that does NOT consist of numbers, but is a combination of nine circles, Connecting Which in the sequence specified by the owner of the gadget opens access to the device.
It is important to know: in some cases, you can try to enter the security key indefinitely. But, often, after several attempts, the program automatically blocks the gadget, I think that it protects it from an intruder who attempted to steal the data stored in the device’s memory, and in this case, troubles begin, especially if you need to use the tablet urgently. How to remove the graphic keys will be discussed below.
Reflash the device
If the user failed to enter the Recovery menu, then all that remains is to reflash the device, since this is the only way to start operating it from scratch. For flashing you will need:
- Find the required firmware version for the device (the firmware is selected depending on the manufacturer).
- Now, on the official website you need to download the software to control the tablet system.
- Next, you need to connect the device to a personal computer and launch the previously downloaded software. It will automatically detect the user’s device and suggest starting OS updates.
- After that, the firmware starts to download and install on the tablet.
How to unlock your tablet
As a rule, you can protect your data on a tablet in two ways. this is a graphic key and a password (finger scanners familiar on smartphones have NOT deeply integrated into the world of tablets). So, how can you unlock a secure tablet using a password?
The password is a four-digit numeric or alphanumeric combination that was previously set by users (for example, pincode 1111 or password ab11).
It is important to know: as you can see, the methods of activating the key and password are the same and carry identical functionality, but they differ from each other exclusively in the way of input and each user chooses which of the methods is more convenient for him to unlock.
Well, now you should go to a detailed description of how to unlock the device, if the data in the password was lost or SIMply forgotten.
Resetting the device to factory settings
If the data in the password was lost, and recovery through the account does not help, then in this case, resetting the settings through Recovery can help.
Recovery allows you to enter the developer menu and will be useful to those users whose device is not only locked, but also malfunctions from time to time (reboots, freezes, etc.). So, this requires:
- Disconnect the device and go to the Recovery menu.
In different manufacturers, you can get into this menu in different ways.
|SAMSUNG||Volume up key. power button.|
|LENOVO||Volume down key. Power button.|
|ASUS||Volume Up Key. Volume Down Key|
|SONY||Power button-home-volume key top.|
|XIAOMI||Volume down key. Volume up key.|
Navigation through the developers menu is carried out with the volume keys, and the choice must be made with the power button.
- After completing all the preparatory procedures, users get to a menu called Recovery, where he needs to launch the third item in the operating menu (wipe data factory reset or the like. Not always the third)
- Further, it remains only to confirm your choice and reboot the device using a reboot.
Removing gesture.Key and password.Key
Gesture.Key is a file on the tablet system that stores data in a graphics key, while password.Key is a SIMilar file but contains password information. In order to restore access to the tablet, you must delete one of THESE files.
- The first step is to obtain superuser rights (root rights). To do this, go to settings. About device. Firmware version (you need to tap several times until the corresponding inscription appears. On new models, special software is required).
- Next, you need to go to the recovery menu.
- Then you need to select a file manager and select the files you need to delete.
- It remains only to confirm your actions and restart the tablet.
We use a Google account
Confirmation via Google account is the most optimal way to unlock your tablet, allowing you to access the device by sending an email. To carry out this procedure, you must:
- After several incorrect attempts, the system will automatically display a message that the user entered incorrect data and should restore access through the Google account. To do this, he will need to click on the Dialogue message with the inscription: “Forgot your password?”.
- Further, it remains only to enter your registration data (login or email, as well as password) and within a few minutes you will receive a message in the mail with detailed instructions for restoring access, where you can change the type of protection or completely remove the combination.
How to remove or set a key or password
So, how to set the pattern:
- You need to go to “Settings”.
- Section “Security”, select “Screen lock”, “Pattern” and Set protection.
For different devices and operating system versions, the setting of the pattern may differ slightly.
In order to make it possible to unlock the tablet with a password, you need to go to:
- Menu item Security-Blocking-Selecting the type of blocking (in this case, you must select and enter a password).