How to Recover Deleted Photos on iPhone from iTunes Backup
Any photos that have been “permanently deleted” from your iPhone library can also be easily restored from an iTunes backup. This is done in almost the same way as in the case of iCloud, but there are some nuances.
The obvious advantage of restoring via iTunes is that all your backups will be stored on your computer in a dedicated folder. For Windows computers, this folder is located at C: \ Users \ username \ AppData \ Roaming \ Apple Computer \ MobileSync \ Backup \. And for MacOS, backups are most often stored here: X: \ Users \ username \ Library \ Application Support \ MobileSync \.
The downside of this method is that you need to periodically make backups in iTunes yourself. This is so that the most complete version of the copy is saved on the computer.
So, in order to restore photos to iPhone using a backup in iTunes, you need:
- Check for backup.
- Connect iPhone to your computer using a cable or using a wireless connection.
- Launch iTunes on your computer.
- Check that iTunes detects your iPhone, for this, the smartphone icon above the left sidebar of iTunes should become active and you will need to click on it.
- In the “Backups” area, make sure that the checkbox is on the “This computer” item, and then on the right, click the “Restore from a copy” button.
- iTunes will open a window with a selection of available backups and all you need to do is select the appropriate one.
There are four different ways to help you recover deleted photos on iPhone. But they all depend on the complexity of the problem and the age of deleting the photos themselves.
- Recover accidentally deleted photos from the “Photos” folder.
- Recover Photos from iCloud Backup.
- Recover Photos from iTunes Backup.
- Recover completely deleted photos using third-party programs.
And if the first three options are simple methods that Apple itself offers, then the latter cannot guarantee 100% information recovery. However, as for the photos, it is most often possible to restore them.
how to recover deleted photos from iPhone
If, while browsing the gallery with photos on your iPhone, you accidentally sent a picture to the trash or did it recently (no more than 40 days ago), then this method is probably suitable for you.
The fact is that when you press the trash can button or “Delete photos”, your photos are not completely deleted, but are stored for up to 40 days in a separate “Recently Deleted” folder. Therefore, in this case, you can restore photos on iPhone like this:
- Go to the “Photos” folder and select the “Albums” tab;
- Select an album titled “Recently Deleted”;
- Indicate which photo should be restored by clicking on it 1 time or press the “Select” button and select the “Restore All” function;
- Click “Recover” and your photo will appear in the “Photos” folder again.
Tenorshare. UltData iPhone Data Recovery
This program offers 3 recovery modes, one of which is data recovery without backups. To do this, follow these steps:
- Go to the program and allow the iPhone Data Recovery wizard to scan your smartphone.
- The Recover Data from iOS Device tab will open a list of detected files, which you can check the box and click the “Recover” button to recover.
- If you need to recover only one or a few photos, turn on the “Photos” folder, select the desired photo, open it and save it to your computer, or click “Recover” to restore to iPhone.
How to Recover Deleted Photos on iPhone from iCloud Backup
If your photos or videos have been permanently deleted and erased from the Recently Deleted folder, there is still a chance to restore them. Because iPhone can create backups to iCloud automatically.
iCloud is Apple’s cloud storage that is shared with everyone who owns an iPhone or other Apple device. Free in the cloud, up to 5Gb of memory is reserved for you, where you can store backups of all information on your device, for example, files, photos and videos.
However, for this, you must have an Internet connection with Wi-Fi access, the automatic function of creating backups to iCloud must be enabled and configured, and at least one backup must have already been created.
Recovering photos on iPhone if you have an iCloud backup is quite simple:
- Update iOS to the latest version on your iPhone. To do this, go to “Settings” “General” “Software update” “Install”.
- Reset all settings. To do this, go to “Settings” “General” “Reset” “Reset all settings”.
- Restore your backup from iCloud. On the installer screen, select Device Setup and click the Restore from Backup button. Next, go to your Apple ID in iCloud and specify the desired backup for recovery.
4 Ways to Recover Photos on iPhone
What is more expensive than any gadget from Apple? That’s right. this is the information on it! The question, of course, is rhetorical, but if we face it, even simple family photos stored on the iPhone are much more expensive for many of us than the smartphone itself. That is why the iOS developers have tried to protect the user from all options for accidentally deleting photos from the iPhone or other information.
However, the most persistent users were hardly ever stopped by the warning phrase: “Are you sure you want to delete forever?”.
It is for such users, as well as for everyone else who is simply interested in this topic, today we will tell you how you can recover almost any deleted information on the iPhone, iPad and other Apple technology.
How to Recover Photos on iPhone without Backup
If you have completely deleted photos from iPhone and have not previously created backups, then there is still a chance to restore everything using third-party programs. They cannot provide a 100% guarantee of file recovery, but if the files were recently erased, they are more likely to be recovered. All of these programs require the iPhone to be connected via a cable.
dr.fone. iPhone Data Recovery
This program works on the same principle as the previous one and also has 3 recovery modes. In order to restore without a backup, you need:
- Go to the program and select the “Recover iOS Data” function, and then connect the iPhone via a cable.
- In the “Recover Data from iOS Device” mode, click the “Start Scan” button to start scanning the device.
- In the list that appears with your files, select the photos you want to recover and click the “Recover to Computer” button.
In a similar way, you can also recover other files on your iPhone.
We hope that our tips will help you recover the photos that captured your fond memories.
If you have an iPhone, then there are also several convenient options for how you can throw a photo from Viber on a PC. Let’s start with the simplest. via a USB cable:
- Connect your mobile device to your PC.
- Unlock your phone, if a warning appears, click “Trust this computer”.
- Next, the explorer starts on the desktop, where you need to select the desired function for further work with the phone, select “Open device to view files”.
- Go to your gallery and by copying, transfer photos to PC.
This method is only suitable for copying media files from a smartphone. But to upload a photo or video from a computer to an iPhone, you can’t do without a special iTunes program.
Now let’s look at the second method, how to quickly resave photos from iPhone to computer. For this we will use the “Share” function:
- Go either to Viber itself or to the phone gallery, where you have previously saved the desired photo.
- Click on it, at the bottom there will be an icon with a downward arrow in a square, this option means “Share”.
- Choose, and you will see a list where you can send a media file, click on the mail, and enter an email address that you can access from your computer.
- Send, and then re-save through the received files in the mail to the computer.
The final and proven way to access media files from computer to phone is cloud storage. All Apple phones work under an iCloud account. You can not only attach your device to it, but also synchronize all data. How it works:
- Open “Settings” from your phone.
- Go to the item “Passwords and accounts”.
- If you do not have iCloud on the list, then first register on the server, and then add your username and password here.
- Go to the iCloud storage and at the bottom you can mark what data you need to duplicate in the cloud, activate “Photos”, after which all images from the gallery are transferred to your iCloud account.
- Log into iCloud from your computer under your data, the usual iPhone menu will appear on the screen, go to the “Photos” icon and get those pictures from there that you want to re-save to PC.
ICloud storage will allow you to transfer all the necessary data from the iPhone to the cloud, not only photos, but also contacts, videos, backup copies of applications, including Viber.
Android phones are very convenient to work with. It is not difficult to get the file you want from your smartphone and save it on your computer, and you do not need to resort to the help of third-party programs. This can be done in one of the convenient ways:
To transfer the necessary files from your phone or to your phone, connect the cord with the phone to the USB connector and log into the system. In this case, the smartphone will work as a USB flash drive. If you saved the necessary photos from Viber to the phone gallery, then open the DCIM folder and find the files you need, and then just drag them to your computer or copy.
If you did not work out with the first method, then there is an alternative one, however, if you save the photo in this way, their quality may be lost. Let’s move on to the implementation. Go to Viber from your smartphone, go to the correspondence from where you want to download the photo, click on the picture and select “Share” through the function button. The program will offer you several ways to send the file. Select mail and indicate the address of the e-mail box, which you can access on your computer. Next, go to the mail from your computer and download media files. A similar function is available for pictures that are stored in the phone gallery.
Is it possible to download a photo from Viber on a PC
If a photo or picture was sent to you in Viber, and you want to transfer it to your computer for further saving, then this can be done quite simply. Several ways to implement the plan are suitable here: either install Viber on a computer and synchronize correspondence, or save a photo from Viber to the phone’s gallery, and then transfer it to a PC via a cord or through the use of special programs. You can familiarize yourself with each of the proposed methods and choose the easier and optimal one for yourself.
The order of downloading from Viber on a computer
Since Viber is presented not only in the mobile, but also in the desktop version. for computers, you can start with this method. The computer version is tied to the smartphone and acts as its “mirror”, that is, the entire history of messages, calls, including the sent media files are synchronized on both devices. And this means that if a photo was sent to you, then it will be reflected there and there, as a result of which you can open it and save it on the device.
So, if you don’t have Viber on your computer yet, then you need to start by installing the program. You can download Viber on PC on our website by selecting only your type of system and clicking on the download button. When the installation file is downloaded, then complete the installation and log in to the system:
- Run the installation file and wait for the installation to finish.
- Click “Continue” and proceed to registration.
- To the question “Do you have Viber on your phone?”, Answer “Yes”.
- Indicate your country, and then the mobile phone number under which the application is registered on the smartphone (this is required).
- A QR code appears on the screen, it needs to be scanned to pair the phone and computer. To do this, enter the application from your smartphone, go to settings, select “Computers and Tablets”, and when the camera turns on, point it at the QR code.
- After a successful scan, your account is now available on the computer as well.
A prerequisite for installing Viber on a computer is the presence of this application on a smartphone under the same registered data.
From this moment on, all correspondence, settings and files sent will be duplicated on two devices. If you want to save a photo that was sent earlier, then to update the date of the history, ask to be sent to you again or send it from your phone to another user with a note. It will immediately be reflected in the program on the PC, after which you will go to the chat, open the photo and click “Save”. As a convenient alternative, you can go to Viber’s “Settings” and in the “Multimedia” item, activate the autosave function of all media files in the application. Then they will be automatically transferred to your computer, to the “ViberDownloads” folder.
Ways to save photos from phone to PC
If you don’t want to install Viber on your computer, you can upload a photo in another available way, for example, via a USB cable or by downloading a special program for sharing files with a computer. The method may differ for each operating system. However, before you start sending files, you must first save the desired photo from Viber to your phone’s gallery. To do this, just open the photo, and the button “Save” will appear at the bottom.
How to send photos from Viber to computer
Viber is a messenger that is presented as a mobile application, but thanks to the constant improvement of the program, now it can be used not only on the phone, but also on any device. In addition to the main functions. free calls and messages, it is very convenient to exchange media files in Viber, and after receiving a photo or video, it can be saved or sent to another user. With the help of Viber, you can also sync the received files on your other devices. It is completely easy to do.
From Windows Phone
If you use Viber on a smartphone with a Windows Phone platform, then it is so easy to dump a saved photo in the phone’s gallery to a computer via a cord. For this purpose, you will have to get a little confused and install a special program on your PC, it is called Zune. So, download the program to your computer or laptop, install it and run it. Next, do the following:
- Connect your phone via USB cable to your computer.
- Confirm the connection action, after which the active icon of the connected smartphone is displayed in the program.
- Click on it, in the menu that opens, select the package “Images”.
- A gallery appears on the screen, and you select those photos that you want to resave on your computer by dragging and dropping them onto the PC icon in the lower left corner.
You can find the saved photos from Viber on your computer through “My Documents”, in the “My Pictures” folder, then go to the folder with the name of your phone.
Despite the fact that additional software had to be installed on the computer, transferring media files from a Windows Phone smartphone was absolutely easy. Once you are done, it is not necessary to remove the Zune utility from your computer, it may be useful to you in the future, including for copying videos.
Ways to Transfer Photos from iPhone over the Internet
Using cloud services to transfer photos and videos from iPhone to other devices, Mac and Windows computers is very convenient and simple, you can use:
- Apple’s own iCloud Photos sync: Simply turn on iCloud for Photos in your Apple ID settings on your phone to automatically upload them. These photos will be accessible on a Mac computer in the Finder, through a browser or from a Windows computer (for the latest options, see How to log into iCloud from a computer).
- Considering the fact that iCloud doesn’t give much space for free, and I have 1 TB in OneDrive and this service is integrated into Windows 10, I use it: install the OneDrive app on the iPhone, turn on automatic sync and your photos are always available online or on a computer with the same OneDrive account.
- If you previously used Android and Google Photos, you can install this application on your iPhone and it, as before, will upload the photos and videos you have taken to your Google account in original quality within limited storage or in a slightly compressed form, but without storage limits.
If you prefer any other cloud storage, most likely it also has an iOS application with the ability to automatically transfer photos to the cloud for later access from a computer or other devices.
How to transfer photos from iPhone to Windows and Mac computer, via cable and Wi-Fi
If you need to copy photo and video files from iPhone to your computer, there are several simple ways to do this: you can do this both via cable, Wi-Fi, and the Internet.
This tutorial details the different ways to transfer photos from iPhone to Windows or Mac OS, as well as additional information that may be useful in the context of the topic in question. May also be helpful: How to open a HEIC photo file on a computer.
Transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac
Similar to the previous methods, you can transfer photos from your iPhone to your MacBook, iMac, or another Mac OS computer using a cable (but there are wireless methods, which we’ll also touch on):
- Unlock your iPhone and connect with a cable to your Mac, if necessary, click “Trust”.
- The iTunes applications will open automatically on the Mac, we do not need it.
- Open the Photos app on your Mac or laptop, on the left, under Devices, select your iPhone. In the “Import to” field, select where to import the photos.
- If necessary, select specific photos that you want to transfer to iPhone, or click the “Import all new objects” button.
- By default, photos will appear in the Imported Items section, or in a new album you created in the Photos application. If required, you can export the photo as a file from this application at any time.
Also, in the “Devices” section of the “Photos” application, you can check the “Open Photos” item so that in the future, when the iPhone is connected, this application will open.
On Mac, this is not the only “built-in” method for transferring photos from iPhone, you can also:
- Use AirDrop file transfer on your iPhone (open the desired photo, press the “Share” button, turn on the AirDrop function (Wi-Fi and Bluetooth should be turned on on both devices).
- In the latest versions of Mac OS, you can open the context menu on the desktop (tap with two fingers on the touchpad or right click with the mouse) and select “Import from iPhone”. “Take photo”. The iPhone will automatically launch the camera, and after taking a picture, it will immediately appear on your Mac.
How to Copy Photos from iPhone to Windows Computer or Laptop
The easiest and fastest way to transfer videos and photos from iPhone to Windows is to use the cable. the one you use to charge. The steps are as follows:
- Connect your iPhone with a cable to the computer and unlock the phone if it is locked.
- On the iPhone screen, you can see the request “Allow the device to access photos and videos” or “Trust this computer?”, Allow access if such a window appears.
- After a short time, Windows will configure a new device and your iPhone will be available in File Explorer.
- In the explorer, open Apple iPhone. Internal Storage. DCIM, inside there you will find additional folders that contain your photos and videos, which you can copy to the location you need.
Usually this method works without any flaws, but sometimes a problem is possible, the essence of which and the solution is described in a separate instruction: What to do if the Internal Storage and DCIM folder is empty on the iPhone when connected to a computer.
Transferring photos from iPhone to Windows computer using iTunes will not work (but copying in the opposite direction is possible). If the cable method does not suit you for some reason, go to the section on online photo sync.
Some additional information to help you transfer photos from iPhone to computer without any problems:
- On modern iPhones, photos are captured and transferred to the PC in HEIC format, which is currently not supported by Windows by default. However, if you go to Settings. Photos on your iPhone and at the bottom of the settings in the “Transfer to Mac or PC” section, enable “Automatic”, then the next time you copy photos to your computer via cable, they will be transferred in a supported format (in fact, the option by for some reason does not always work).
- If you wish, you can purchase a special USB flash drive for the iPhone or an adapter for connecting memory cards and use them to copy a photo, in detail about this in the article: How to connect a USB flash drive to an iPhone or iPad.
- There are ways to transfer photos and videos from iPhone to TV (even without Apple TV).
How to transfer a photo from an iPhone to a Windows computer?
Read the instructions on how to transfer photos from iPhone to a computer with Windows 7, 8 or 10, as well as a universal method for all versions of Windows.
iPhone is renowned for its cumbersome day-to-day operations. For example, the procedure for installing a ringtone, which needs a separate instruction. In this article, we will answer another burning question: how to transfer photos from iPhone to Windows computer?
How to transfer photos from iPhone to computer using Windows?
In order to transfer your photo gallery from iPhone to a computer or laptop, you can use standard Windows tools. To do this, follow these steps:
Unlock iPhone screen with passcode (if set).
Connect iPhone to Computer with USB Cable.
Optional: after that, you can open iTunes, select your device in the tree on the left and in the settings select the Synchronize device via Wi-Fi checkbox. Then you can later not use a cable, but connect to Windows via a wireless connection.
A “Trust this computer” dialog box may appear on the device. Click Trust or Allow.
Further steps depend on your version of Windows:
- Windows 7: In the AutoPlay dialog box, select Import pictures and videos using Windows and in the window that appears, check the photos you want to import (this is optional). You can make the system always import when connecting a device: to do this, select the Always execute for next device check box. Photos will be copied to the “Pictures” folder.
Windows 7: In the autorun window, select import images.
Windows 8: Open the Photo Album app. Right-click in the program window and select Import. Specify iPhone as the device from which the photos will be copied, mark the desired images and click Continue Import. Photos will be saved in the Pictures folder and a subfolder named after the current date.
The Photos application is responsible for transferring photos from iPhone to Windows 8.
In Windows 10, iPhone photos are imported through the Photos app.
Transferring data from iPhone internal memory to PC is actually quite a simple task. The fact is that the internal memory of the iPhone (unlike Android smartphones) is immediately recognized by Windows as a portable device, for example, a digital camera. Therefore, you can safely open it using Windows Explorer and copy the image files.
To transfer photos from iPhone to Windows computer, you need:
- USB cable for iPhone (Lightning-to-USB);
- An active Wi-Fi connection to which the PC and iPhone are connected;
- ITunes software version 12.5.1 or later.
How to Copy Photos from iPhone to Windows Directly?
To transfer a photo from an iPhone to a Windows computer, regardless of version, you can use the usual File Explorer. Connect your smartphone to PC, open Computer and double-click your iPhone in the list of devices. Open the Internal Storage DCIM folder. It contains all your photos. Copy them to any folder on your hard drive in the standard way.
The connected iPhone appears as a camera in File Explorer.
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac?
Despite the high integration of the iOS and OS X operating systems, the iPhone still does not appear as a physical storage medium when connected to a Mac. Therefore, transferring information from iPhone to Macintosh follows approximately the same algorithm as on Windows.
Connect your mobile device to your Mac.
Start the built-in Image Capture software. You can find it in the “Programs” section or through the internal Spotlight search engine, which calls up by pressing the CDM Spacebar combination. The program looks like this:
Select the photos you want to upload to your computer and drag them into the prepared folder.
You can also transfer images to Mac through other programs, for example, iPhoto or Aperture, however, this software is not built-in. it must be installed separately.
How to transfer photos from iPhone to computer?
The camera on the iPhone has made tremendous progress in recent years: even the very first models of smartphones from Apple took very decent pictures. the latter are quite impressive in photographic capabilities. What is at least the Live Photo technology available on the iPhone 6 and 6S?
However, users have to pay for the outstanding quality of photos with the free memory of the gadget. A live photo alone weighs about 4 MB, and users bring hundreds of them from vacations. Every now and then iPhone owners have to transfer photo albums from the device memory to their computer. Fortunately, this is quite simple.
Uploading photos via mail and other methods
If e-mail is configured on your iPhone, then you can transfer a photo to your computer in just a few elementary steps:
Go to the “Photos” application and find the desired picture.
Click on the arrow icon located in the lower left corner.
In the menu that appears, click on the “Mail” icon. The photo will be attached to the email.
On the next screen, enter the email address to which you will send the email. You can use a mailbox that belongs to you, but is registered with another service. now it is in the order of things when one person has several mailboxes.
A message will appear to remind you that you are sending a letter without a subject. confirm your intention by clicking “Send” again.
Go to the mailbox where you sent the photo from your computer and download the image.
In addition to e-mail, in a similar way, any of the social networks (,) can be used as an intermediary between the iPhone and the PC: you just need to send an image from your smartphone by a message, then open the message history on your computer and upload the image to your hard drive. However, this method is suitable only if you need to download a small number of images. a maximum of 10 photos can be placed in one message.
We drop the photo through iTunes
You can transfer to your computer via iTunes only those photos that were uploaded to the device’s memory in the same way. In the “Photos” application, albums with such pictures are marked with the caption “From my computer”.
Camera images cannot be exported via iTunes.
If you need to upload a photo back to your computer using iTunes, proceed as follows:
With iPhone connected to PC, launch iTunes.
Go to the gadget control menu. to do this, click on the icon with the smartphone image.
In the “Settings” section, select the “Photo” tab.
Make sure there is a check mark next to “Synchronize”. If not, put.
In the “Copy photos from:” field, click on “New folder” (someone will have “Pictures”). In the drop-down menu, select “Select folder”.
Find the folder on your computer from which you downloaded the photos to the iPhone memory and select it.
Click the “Synchronize” button and wait for the operation to complete.
There is another, unpopular way to get photos stored on iPhone through iTunes. extract from a backup.
All local copies of data are stored in computer memory: for example, on Windows 7, they are located at UsernameAppDataRoamingApple ComputerMobileSyncBackup, and on Mac, at usernameLibraryApplication SupportMobileSyncBackup. Backups in a computer folder look something like this:
To work with iTunes backups, you need special software. for example, the iPhone Backup Extractor utility, which you can download here, will do. The need to master new software is the reason for the low popularity of this method.
We drop photos through cloud storage
Using cloud storage (such as Google Drive, Yandex.Disk, Dropbox) is the fastest way to upload a large number of photos from your device to your computer. However, this method has a significant flaw: mobile applications of almost all cloud storages are installed only on iPhones with iOS version older than 8. Owners of iPhones of the 4th modification cannot count on this method, because on iPhone 4 iOS 8 is not installed at all, but on 4S. works with a creak.
The method is very simple. let’s look at the example of Dropbox:
After registration or authorization on the Dropbox website, click “Create folder”. you need to create a folder where you will put the photos.
Download Dropbox from the App Store and log in with the same login details.
Open the “Photos” folder in the mobile application and use the “Upload” button to upload photos there.
Go back to your computer and open the Photos folder on it. You will see the iPhone photo is inside.
Click the “Download” button and wait a couple of seconds for the download to finish.
Google Drive and Dropbox cloud storage is described in more detail in this article. Users of devices with iOS 8.1 can consider the iCloud Drive application, which is installed in iPhones by default, as an “intermediary”, however, this application has a significant disadvantage compared to other storages. there is very little free space.
How to dump photos to Windows computer without iTunes
Users who frown with disgust at the word “iTunes” should be pleased with the fact that you can transfer photos from iPhone to computer without using this program. Actually, most iPhone owners use this method. there is no need to disturb iTunes without a good reason.
To download a photo to a PC, you need a USB cable. After you prepare it, follow the instructions:
Step 0 (preliminary). Create a folder on your computer where you will upload the photos, and remember its location.
Connect smartphone with PC cable.
Wait a few seconds for the computer to detect the iPhone. After you hear the sound characteristic of a USB connection, you can proceed.
A prompt “Trust this computer?” Will appear on the smartphone screen click “Trust”.
You will see the “Explorer” window on the computer monitor.
Click on the option “Open device to view files”.
Go to the internal storage of the device. “Internal Storage”.
Open the DCIM folder. inside you will see several more folders, each filled with photos and videos.
The number of folders in DCIM depends on the number of photos that you have taken during the entire time of using the iPhone: after the first thousand pictures, a second folder is created, and new photos are already saved in it.
Cut photos from folders. use combinations of CTRLA (“Select All”) and CTRLX (“Cut”).
Paste the snapshots into the folder that you prepared at the preliminary stage. for this you can use the CTRLV combination.
It is necessary to follow the order. start cutting photos from the next folder only after copying from the previous one is completed, otherwise the computer will give an error.
You will not be able to return photos to the smartphone’s memory in the same way. you will have to use iTunes. Therefore, when clearing memory on iPhone, act prudently and carefully.
Transferring photos and videos is the only data transfer operation between iPhone and computer that does not require iTunes to start. When the Apple gadget is connected via USB, the iPhone is defined as a digital camera, which allows the user to copy pictures from the device’s memory to the hard drive directly. However, even in the absence of a USB cable at hand, an iPhone user has a lot of options for how to upload a photo to a computer. for this he can use his email or social network account.
AirDrop is a specialized utility that provides the ability to remotely access a laptop from a phone. The program has a variety of functionalities:
- Application management.
- Music file management.
- Access to contacts and call log.
- The ability to remotely control the laptop.
- Receive up-to-date information about the device.
- Transfer and save data.
In this situation, we are only interested in data transmission.
The use of this program involves installation on both devices. The desktop version can be downloaded in the public domain on the Internet, and the mobile version is in Google PlayMarket.
After installing the programs, you need to scan the QR code with the phone camera (in the application), which will be displayed on the monitor of the laptop (also in the application). Now these two devices are “cooperating”. The utility works not only when the phone and laptop are nearby, but also at a distance.
Throw photo via Wi-fi
Oddly enough, but nowhere to do without Wi-fi technology, even when solving the simple question “how to transfer photos from a phone to a laptop?”.
This program is more professional from the point of view of many users. It can transfer an identical screen of one device to another, associated with it. It also requires a utility on both devices.
First, you need to synchronize your laptop and phone, which is done only through a Wi-Fi connection (in the settings of the computer version). The connection can be “password protected” so that no one else can interfere with the work of gadgets.
To copy a photo and transfer a video from the phone, find the “Files” section in the desktop version of the program, where the already familiar “DCIM” folder will appear. We copy the folder itself or its internal contents to a suitable place for you on the laptop.
We drop the photo through the cloud service
Since Android is based on Google’s virtual machine implementation, it uses its services. Namely “Google Photo”. If anyone does not know, then this is a cloud from Google, where you can store photos. On Android, this is a standard application that will upload files there automatically (during synchronization).
Now, in order to save these photos on a laptop, you need to go to this cloud from the same account on a laptop. For convenience, the service has provided for both single and bulk downloading of photos using marks (selection). The cloud service saves not only images, but also video files.
Transferring Photos Using a USB Cable
When buying any modern smartphone, a standard charging cable is always included in the kit. Through the cord, you can not only charge the device from the mains, but also connect it to a laptop. This is exactly one of the options for how to throw a photo from a phone to a laptop.
- We connect the phone to the laptop (having previously unlocked it) using a USB cable and wait a couple of seconds until Windows detects it. By default, the computer recognizes the phone as flash memory.
- After that, “autorun” opens, where you need to select “Open device to view files”.
- Among the directory of the phone, you need to find a folder with photos, which is often called “DCIM”, but may have a different name. Accordingly, you need to copy this folder to any drive on your laptop.
To set up a smartphone, you need to follow the instructions of Android, which itself will prompt you how to transfer a photo from your phone. First, a notification should appear, clicking on which, you need to select the following settings:
Several proven ways to transfer photos from phone to laptop
According to statistics, for smartphone users, 63% of the memory space is occupied by photos alone. There is nothing strange in this, since modern devices have powerful built-in cameras that replace full-fledged DSLR cameras and, moreover, a smartphone is always at hand. But the device’s memory is not rubber, and the photos are accumulated and have a considerable size. It’s time to transfer photos from phone to laptop, but how to do it?
Upload photo via Bluetooth
The good old Bluetooth adapter is back in business. This method is already considered outdated and ineffective, but it is worth considering as an option.
To transfer images via Bluetooth you need:
- Turn on Bluetooth on both devices.
- We find “each other” in the function settings.
- We pair the laptop and the phone with each other (enter the identical number).
- Access to the phone should appear in the “My Computer” menu, go into it.
- Similar to other methods, we find a folder with a photo from a smartphone and copy it to the “board” of a laptop.
- After the end of the session, turn off Bluetooth.
These are not all ways. If you have an imagination and a superficial understanding of modern technologies, then you can independently come up with a new way of how to throw a photo from a phone to a laptop or stationary computer. It is possible that it will not be so convenient, but nevertheless, it will work.
Using the Image Capture Application for MAC
Even if the connected iPhone is not recognized by the MAC as a storage device, it will not be difficult to transfer photos from your phone to your computer using the Image Capture utility:
After that, it remains to create a folder on the Yandex service for storing photos and transfer the selected images to it. They will become available on any device with the Yandex.Disk application installed.
Device is unreachable when copying photos and videos from iPhone. how to fix
When copying a photo or video via cable from an iPhone and iPad to a Windows 10 or 8.1 computer, you may receive a message that an error occurred while copying a file or folder with the information The device is unreachable. over, sometimes some files are copied without problems, while others. with the specified error.
In this short instruction. about the reasons for what is happening and two ways to fix the “Device unreachable” error on iPhone and iPad when copying video files and photos from them to a computer or laptop with Windows. Also useful: Empty DCIM (IPhone Internal Storage) folder on iPhone. why and what to do.
How to Fix “Device Unreachable” Error on iPhone
Given the reasons for the error, there are two options for fixing it:
- Disable converting photos and videos to iPhone when copying to a computer or laptop with Windows.
- Slow down copying speed.
The first can be done as follows:
- Disconnect your phone from your computer.
- Go to “Settings”. “Photo”.
- At the bottom of the Photos preferences page, under Transfer to Mac or PC, set Transfer Originals instead of Automatic.
- Done. You can reconnect your iPhone and copy photos and videos, now without errors.
Please note that this will copy photos and videos to your computer in HEIC and HEVC formats, which may not be supported by your player or photo viewer. There are two solutions. enable photos in JPG on iPhone so that shooting is immediately carried out in this format, or use special HEIF / HEIC codecs for Windows.
It is also possible to use third-party programs to open such files: Best photo viewers (XnView has a free plug-in for HEIC), VLC Media Player (can play HEVC H.265 videos).
The second method, namely “slowing down the copy speed” involves connecting your iPhone to your computer using a USB 2.0 port instead of 3.0. As a rule, in this case, the copying error “Device unreachable” does not occur, since the phone has time to convert files to the desired format.
Cause of Device Unreachable Error
By default, new iPhones and iPads shoot photos and videos in HEIC and HEVC formats, respectively, while if you connect your phone to a computer with Windows 10 or 8.1, then with the default iPhone settings when copying these photos and videos, they are automatically converted by the phone itself to supported ones. computer formats. JPG and MP4 H.264.
The process of converting files by the phone during copying in some cases may “not keep up” with the speed of copying itself, as a result, Windows informs us that an error occurred while copying a file or folder and that the device is unreachable.
That is why more often an error occurs when copying large files (or groups of photos and videos at once), but it may not appear when copying photos to a computer one by one. There are two methods to fix this, which are described below.
Distribution of new, sometimes interesting and useful materials from the remontka.pro website. No ads and free computer help for subscribers from the author. Other subscription methods (VK, Odnoklassniki, Telegram., YouTube, Yandex.Dzen)
Hello! I can’t download photos and videos to my computer anyway, I included the original photo in the iPhone and it’s no use, there was no such problem before the ios update! And it is very important for me to throw off the photo on a hard disk and print it later
When the original photo was turned on, at this time the phone itself was disconnected from the computer?
And what does it write when trying to download? The same error. “device unreachable” or something else?
Thank you so much, Human!
Reckoned, already tired and mad!
One toggle switch. and life began to play with normal copying!
Dmitry, on the contrary, cannot be thrown from a laptop to an iPhone. install firewood as you wrote in the article?
Ah that’s what. If from a laptop to an iPhone, then I would recommend either sending photos to iCloud from a computer, directly through iCloud.com. Or use cloud services.
Asus ultrabook laptop, entered BIOS, changed USB parameters to auto. After loading photos and videos, it is still interrupted. (the device connected to the system does not work)
Background: before the laptop format, I threw pictures from all iPhones, everything was in order. After installing the new Windows 10, I ran into the problem “the folder is empty”, checked all the drivers, I trust the computer, reset the geo settings, set access to the iPhone with a USB screen lock, logged in to iTunes. Now he throws off a few photos and is interrupted, then he does not see again but it is necessary to transfer 20 GB. What to do next?
According to the description, the point is exactly what the article is about. too fast transfer.
Further, depending on which particular Asus model:
1. Connect your phone to a USB 2.0 connector, not 3.0 (those that are 3 are either blue or marked with two S).
2. On the phone, enable “transfer of originals”.
Well, another option is to install an application for cloud storage, where you would be given the right place and put it there, and then download it, although in terms of time and convenience at 20 GB this is not the best option.
Hello Dmitry! Thank you for being in touch! The laptop has 2 USB ports, both are blue. How to manually change 3.0 to 2.0?
Sometimes there is such an option in the BIOS, but if not, then I will not offer simple methods.
But: if suddenly you have somewhere lying around some extension cable or USB splitter (by the way, there are still such built-in monitors in the monitors), then you can use it: they are many USB 2.0 and when we connect it to the 3.0 connector, and already in we will connect the cable from the iPhone to it, as a result we will get speeds of 2.0.
Thank you so much!! finally it turned out to throw everything off
If you make “transfer originals” in the settings, the computer cannot open them. I copy in small portions (15 photos at a time), it still hangs and turns off for 3-4 parties. I connect via USB 2.0 and nothing changes (what else? 13,000 photos are no joke (it is no longer realistic to navigate in these photos)
Third-party photo viewers can open HEIC photos taken by the iPhone (i.e. the very originals). details: https://remontka.pro/open-heic-Windows/
Good afternoon, I get the same error as in the video, (after each sent video) all the settings are turned on as needed. Another iPhone on the right side, from the side of the screen, starts to warm up when connected. When connected to a laptop (Windows 10), the “Photos” application comes out, which indicates that something is wrong with the device, but the explorer is working. The Iphone 7 128 Gb device is completely full of photos and videos, and how evil is such a problem, while other iPhones have to drop files through AirDrop and then drop them on the PC. What can you try to do in such a situation?
Good day. Thanks for your information. I solved the problem with downloading thanks to your instructions, But I have the following problem, when I download a video for more than 1 minute to an HP all-in-one, it is very dull, video and sound are not loaded, and when you open a video through the Movavi video editor, there is sound but no video. Tell me how to be? But so far I have not tried all the methods. I change the video and photo settings in the IPhone XS Max phone itself
Movavi may not display video due to lack of codecs. but why the video is stupid. I don’t know. try to play with another player, VLC for example.
Good day! How to do it. for iPhone to take pictures of JPG right away? I checked it, changed it on the phone, did not put it automatically, but the original, there is no disconnection now, but I can not open the photo on the PC, it is very inconvenient. Now we need to look for these special codecs (
Third-party viewers can open: https://remontka.pro/free-photo-viewers/
On the topic of how to make JPG right away. https://remontka.pro/jpg-photo-iphone/
It helped, thank you!
10 times already regretted switching to iPhone.
Thank you so much! Just a great gratitude to the author for the work. I could not solve the problem with data transfer for an hour!
Thank you, I was able to copy the files, otherwise not all Live photos were copied before.
Thank you kind person!
I almost lost my mind while trying to copy the video. According to this instruction, everything worked out right away!)))
In addition to the article, not an unimportant point:
1. Allow the use of USB in the security settings: TouchID and passcode. USB accessories.
2. To fully verify that everything has entered into force, reboot the phone, and then connect to the PC.
It turned out in the first way, by switching to the option Transfer originals. Before that I suffered for a long time. thanks a lot.
In general, my phone as a hard drive is not displayed after these interruptions. What to do?
Many thanks! Not for the first time the site helps out. You are one of the best
Unfortunately, it helps every other time. It is necessary to transfer 160 gigs of photos / videos without using the cloud. And it’s tough for how long. Either the PC does not see the files in the iPhone folder, or an error pops up when copying, copying is obtained only in small portions). On USB 2.0, as a rule, he does not see files at all, and on 3.0 he sometimes sees, but again, you can go crazy. Reinstalling the drivers does not help, rebooting does too. Everything is in originals. What is wrong with these iPhones and why people do not understand such punishment. Such cool photo quality and such confused software
Wow, good afternoon. Indeed, USB 2.0 helped, although I download in small portions (160 gigs heh)