How to find out the administrator password in Windows 7?
Again, it’s much easier to just reset the password and come up with a new one afterwards. Nevertheless, if you just need to find out the password, we recommend that you use a program called Elcomsoft System Recovery Professional for this purpose, from the image of which you will need to make a bootable disk. Having correctly configured the BIOS boot from the drive and installing this program, immediately upon entering the Desktop, a window will open in which you can see the usernames, including the Administrator, as well as passwords from their accounts.
How to reset Windows 7 administrator password?
The best way to reset your Windows 7 administrator password is through the Windows Command Interpreter. Observe the following sequence of actions:
- First, launch it. This can be done by following the following path: Start. Run. Run the program. cmd. In the opened command interpreter menu, you will need to enter: control userpasswords, after which you will see a window called “User accounts”;
- Highlight that account the password from which you want to reset and do not forget to uncheck their item “Require username and password”;
- In the window that opens, you will be required to enter and then confirm a new password. Next, in the command boot window, you need to enter Exit and restart the PC, as usual.
Each of the programs you select will list the accounts found in the SAM file. Select the ones for which you need to define passwords. If you are using Proactive Windows Security Explorer, select Atack type: Brute-force. If you used only numbers in your password, check the ‘all digits (0-9)’ box. Start the password guessing process using the command from the Recovery menu.
Password guessing can take from 10 minutes to several hours, or even several days, and may end unsuccessfully. Especially if the password uses letters in different cases, numbers and special characters.
This is a good way to test the strength of your passwords. If you just want to check your password, follow the steps above and see how long it will take to find it.
How to hack Windows password on a computer or laptop?
In order to do this, you will have to adhere to the following sequence of actions:
- Prepare a CD or USB flash drive, which should contain a special set of resuscitation programs designed to restore Windows. You will need to insert it into the floppy drive or into the corresponding port during the next reboot of the computer. You can prepare this package of resuscitation programs yourself by loading programs there that are intended for separating, saving and restoring data, or you can download some, already ready, RBCD 10.0, for example;
- During PC startup, in order to enter the BIOS, press the DELETE button. There we will need to change the installation priority and assign the computer to boot from CD-ROM. After that, we visit our boot disk in the floppy drive and reboot the PC;
- Having entered my recovery disk, which should appear after the resuscitation package has been loaded, we must select the edited copy of Windows and go to the “System Restore” mode. the section that will be at the very bottom of the page;
- We are looking for the command line and enter “regedit” there (we are looking for it in the dialog settings of the same window). Find, and then select the section HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, in which we need to select File, and then Load hive;
- Open the SAM file and select the section. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ bust_name \ SAM \ Domains \ Account \ Users \ 000001F4. Double-click on the F key placed there and go to the very first value in the line, which we will need to replace with the number 10;
- In the same section, select “File”, and then “Load Hive”. Click “Yes” to confirm the unloading of the bush. We close the registry editor, thus ending the installation process, take out a USB flash drive or disk and restart the computer.
Selection and decryption of passwords
If all else fails, but you have physical access to your computer, then all is not lost. You can overwrite the config and SAM files and try to decrypt the passwords stored in them using special third-party utilities. As we said, for this you will have to use an alternative operating system, such as DOS or Linux. And when the files are at your disposal, you can use one of the password decryption programs, for example, LC4 or Proactive Windows Security Explorer.
- Access to another computer.
- At least two blank floppy disks.
- Archiver designed to work with the command line, for example, RAR.
- A DOS or Windows 98 boot disk (an image of the required disk can be obtained from http://www.bootdisk.com/) or a minimal Linux version (such as Knoppix). There is no need for bootable discs if you can simply plug your hard drive into another computer. If you are using a DOS boot disk and the partitions on your hard disk use the NTFS file system, then to access them you will need a program that allows DOS to view NTFS partitions, such as NTFSDOS.
- Program for obtaining passwords. We recommend using Proactive Windows Security Explorer as the beta version of this program is free and the free version of LC4 is very limited.
Using a bootable USB drive:
- If your hard disk has NTFS partitions, copy the NTFSDOS file to your bootable USB stick.
- Copy the archiver (RAR) to the bootable USB flash drive.
- Boot your computer from this USB stick. If there are partitions with NTFS, type the NTFSDOS command, this program will show which letter is assigned to your system disk, and you will need to use it instead of the letter C in the next paragraph.
- Archive system files with passwords. For example, if you use the rar32 archiver, the corresponding command will look like this: Rar32 av a: \ systemandsam c: \ Windows \ system32 \ config \ system c: \ Windows \ system32 \ config \ sam If the files do not fit on one flash drive, the archiver will ask you insert the second.
Windows password cracking software
There are a lot of software tools that can help you crack your Windows password. Besides the aforementioned program, there is also Windows Admin Password Hack. But, unfortunately, it can no longer be called relevant, since it works only in Windows 2000 / XP. Its closest replacement is MultiBoot 2k10, which is essentially a feature-rich boot disk.
Windows XP user passwords
Windows XP stores user passwords in modified form. For example, the password “password” would be stored as a string like this: ‘HT5E-23AE-8F98-NAQ9-83D4-9R89-MU4K’. This information is stored in a file called SAM in the C: \ Windows \ system32 \ config folder.
This part of the SAM file is encrypted with the system syskey utility to improve password security. The data required to decrypt the information after the syskey is stored in the system file in the same folder. But this folder is inaccessible to any of the users. Only the operating system itself has access to it during its operation. SAM and system files can only be accessed under a different operating system or by connecting the drive to another Windows computer.
Reset Windows 10 password without programs
To begin with, about two ways to reset Windows 10 password without third-party programs (only for a local account). In both cases, you will need a bootable USB flash drive with Windows 10, not necessarily with the same version of the system that is installed on your computer.
The first method consists of the following steps:
- Boot from a bootable Windows 10 flash drive (Ways to make a bootable Windows 10 flash drive will have to be done somewhere on another computer), then in the installer press the ShiftF10 keys (Shift Fn F10 on some laptops). Command Prompt will open.
- In the command line, type regedit and press Enter.
- The Registry Editor will open. In it, in the left pane, select HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, and then select “File”. “Load Hive” from the menu.
- Specify the path to the file C: \ Windows \ System32 \ config \ SYSTEM (in some cases the letter of the system drive may differ from the usual C, but the required letter can be easily identified by the contents of the drive).
- Set a name (any) for the loaded hive.
- Open the downloaded registry key (will be under the given name in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE), and in it the Setup subkey.
- On the right side of the Registry Editor, double-click on the CmdLine parameter and set the value to cmd.exe
- Change the value of the SetupType parameter to 2 in the same way.
- In the left part of the Registry Editor, select the section whose name you specified in the 5th step, then select “File”. “Unload Hive”, confirm unloading.
- Close Registry Editor, Command Prompt, Setup and reboot your computer from your hard drive.
- When the system boots, the command prompt will open automatically. In it, enter the command net user to view the list of users.
- Enter the command to set a new password for the desired user. If the username contains spaces, enclose it in quotation marks. If you want to remove the password, enter two quotation marks in a row (no space between them) instead of the new password. I strongly advise against typing a password in Cyrillic.
- At a command prompt, enter regedit and navigate to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ System \ Setup registry key
- Remove the value from the CmdLine parameter and set the SetupType value to 0.
- Close Registry Editor and Command Prompt.
As a result, you will be taken to the login screen, and the password for the user will be changed to the one you need or deleted.
- After entering the password incorrectly, the “Reset password” item will appear under the input field, click it.
- Indicate the answers to security questions.
- Set a new Windows 10 password and confirm it.
After that, the password will be changed and you will be automatically logged into the system (provided the correct answers to the questions). If you did not ask security questions (in this case, you may be informed that this operation requires removable media) or do not know the answers to them, use the following method.
The second option to reset the Windows 10 password (with the command line already running, as described above)
To use this method, you must have Windows 10 Professional or Enterprise installed on your computer. Enter the command net user Administrator / active: yes (for the English or manual version of Windows 10, use Administrator instead of Administrator).
Either immediately after the successful execution of the command, or after restarting the computer, you will have a user choice, select the activated administrator account and log in under it without a password.
After logging in (the first logon takes some time), right-click on “Start” and select “Computer Management”. And in it. Local Users. Users.
Right-click on the username for which you want to reset the password and select the “Set password” menu item. Read the warning carefully and click “Continue”.
Then set a new password for the account. It is worth noting that this method fully works only for local Windows 10 accounts. For a Microsoft account, you must use the first method, or, if this is not possible, logging in as an administrator (as just described), create a new computer user.
Finally, if you used the second method to reset your password, I recommend returning everything to its original form. Disable the built-in administrator entry using the command line: net user Administrator / active: no
And also delete the utilman.exe file from the System32 folder, and then rename the utilman2.exe file to utilman.exe (if this cannot be done inside Windows 10, then, as well as initially, you will have to enter the recovery mode and perform these actions in the command line (as shown in the video above). Done, now your system is in its original form, and you have access to it.
Changing the password for a user using the built-in Administrator account
To use this method, you will need one of the following: Live CD with the ability to download and access the computer’s file system, a recovery disk (flash drive) or a Windows 10, 8.1 or Windows 7 distribution kit. I will demonstrate the use of the latter option. that is, resetting the password using the tools Windows recovery on an installation flash drive. Important note: in recent versions of Windows 10, the following method may not work.
The first step is to boot from one of the specified drives. After loading and the screen for selecting the installation language appears, press the Shift F10 keys. this will bring up a command line. If nothing like this appears, you can on the installation screen, after choosing the language, select the item “System Restore” at the bottom left, then go to Troubleshooting. Advanced options. Command line.
In the command line, enter the commands in order (after entering, press Enter):
- list volume
You will see a list of partitions on your hard drive. Remember the letter of the partition (it can be determined by the size) on which Windows 10 is installed (it may not be C at the moment, when starting the command line from the installer). Enter the Exit command and press Enter. In my case, this is drive C, and I will use this letter in the commands that should be entered next:
Note: if you did not use the installation disk, but something else, then your task, using the command line, as described above or by other means, is to make a copy of cmd.exe in the System32 folder and rename this copy to utilman.exe.
After loading, in the password entry window, click on the “Accessibility” icon at the bottom right. Windows 10 Command Prompt will open.
At the command prompt, type net user username new password and press Enter. If the username consists of multiple words, use quotation marks. If you don’t know the username, use the net users command to view a list of Windows 10 usernames. After changing your password, you can immediately log into your account with the new password.
How to reset Windows 10 password
This tutorial is about how to reset a forgotten password in Windows 10, whether you’re using a Microsoft account or a local account. The process of resetting the password itself is almost the same as the ones that I described for previous versions of the OS, except for a couple of minor nuances. Please note, if you know the current password, that is, there are easier ways: How to change Windows 10 password.
If you need this information due to the fact that the Windows 10 password that you set for some reason does not work, I recommend that you first try to enter it with Caps Lock on and off, in the Russian and English layouts. this may help. If the text description of the steps seems complicated, there is also a video instruction in the section about resetting the password of a local account in which everything is clearly shown.
Reset Microsoft account password online
If you are using a Microsoft account, and the computer on which you cannot log in is connected to the Internet (or you can connect from the lock screen by clicking on the connection icon), then a simple password reset on the official website is for you. At the same time, you can perform the described steps to change the password from any other computer or even from your phone.
- First of all, go to the page https://account.live.com/resetpassword.aspx, on which select one of the items, for example, “I forgot my password”.
- After that, enter your email address (it can also be a phone number) and verification characters, and then follow the instructions to restore access to your Microsoft account.
- Provided that you have access to the email or phone to which the account is linked, the process will not be complicated.
- As a result, you will need to connect to the Internet on the lock screen (using the connect button at the bottom right) and enter a new password.
If you do not have the ability to change your Microsoft account password online, you can proceed as follows: go to the instructions on how to reset the password without programs, follow all steps up to and including 10, and then create a new local user in the command line, give him rights administrator and log in as this user, a separate instruction will help with this: How to create a Windows 10 user.
Reset Windows 10 password in Dism
Dism is a powerful freeware program for tweaking, cleaning and some other actions with Windows, allowing, among other things, to remove the password of the local Windows 10 user.
In order to accomplish this using this program, follow these steps:
- Create (somewhere on another computer) a bootable USB flash drive with Windows 10 and unpack the archive with Dism on it.
- Boot from this flash drive on the computer where you need to reset the password, press ShiftF10 in the installer, and in the command line enter the path to the executable file of the program in the same bitness as the image on your flash drive, for example. E: \ dism \ dismx64.exe Keep in mind that during the installation stage, the letter of the flash drive may differ from the one used in the loaded system. To see the current letter, you can use the commands diskpart, list volume, exit in order (the second command will show the connected partitions and their letters).
- Accept the license agreement.
- In the launched program, pay attention to two items at the top: on the left. Windows Setup, and on the right. Windows Click on Windows 10, and then click “Open Session”.
- In the section “Tools”. “Advanced” select “Accounts”.
- Select the user for whom you want to reset the password and click the “Reset Password” button.
- Done, password cleared (deleted). You can close the program, command line, and installer, and then boot the computer from the hard drive as usual.
Details about the Dism program and where to download it in a separate article Setting up and cleaning Windows 10 in Dism. In case none of the described options helps, perhaps you should explore the methods from here: Restoring Windows 10.
Distribution of new, sometimes interesting and useful materials from the remontka.pro website. No ads and free computer help for subscribers from the author. Other subscription methods (VK, Odnoklassniki, Telegram., YouTube, Yandex.Dzen)
Thank you for the instruction. The advice with the registry and the command line helped.
The dism method helped really quickly
Tell me, what will happen if, after changing the password, you do not return the registry to the original version, this will affect something?
If, after changing the password, it is loaded into the system without problems and the command lines themselves do not open, then you can not return it, it will not affect.
Thank. The question is not much: Tell me, is it possible to buy Windows 10 license keys on AliExpress? They are working?
Thank you if you answer.
RESET Windows 10 password, No software used. Do it like a pro!
Hello. Usually they work, although this is, shall we say, not quite an official license for users (but intended for OEMs).
How to remove password when logging into Windows 10
The instructions describe several ways to remove the password when you log into Windows 10 when you turn on the computer, and also separately when you wake up from sleep mode. This can be done not only using the account settings in the control panel, but also using the registry editor, power settings (in order to disable the password prompt when waking up from sleep), or free programs to enable automatic login, or you can simply delete the password user. all these options are detailed below.
In order to follow the steps below and enable automatic sign-in to Windows 10, your account must have administrator rights (this is usually the case by default on home computers). At the end of the article there is also a video instruction, which clearly shows the first of the described methods. See also: How to set password on Windows 10, How to reset Windows 10 password (if you’ve forgotten it).
How to disable password when waking up from sleep
You may also need to remove the Windows 10 password prompt when your computer or laptop wakes up from sleep. For this, the system provides a separate setting, which is located in (click on the notification icon) All parameters. Accounts. Login parameters. The same option can be changed using the Registry Editor or the Local Group Policy Editor, which will be shown below.
In the “Login required” section (on some computers or laptops this section may not be available) set “Never” and after that, after waking up from sleep, the computer will not ask for your password again.
There is one more way to disable the password request in this scenario. to use the “Power supply” item in the Control Panel. To do this, opposite the current scheme, click “Configure power scheme”, and in the next window. “Change advanced power settings”.
In the additional parameters window, click on “Change parameters that are currently unavailable”, and then change the value “Require password on wakeup” to “No”. Apply the settings you made. Not on all systems in the power supply parameters you will find such an item, if it is absent, we skip this step.
How to turn off the prompt for a password when you wake up from sleep in the Registry Editor or Local Group Policy Editor
In addition to Windows 10 settings, you can turn off the password prompt when the system wakes up from sleep or hibernation mode by changing the corresponding system settings in the registry. There are two ways to do this.
For Windows 10 Pro and Enterprise, the easiest way is to use the Local Group Policy Editor:
- Press the WinR keys and in enter gpedit.msc
- Navigate to Computer Configuration. Administrative Templates. System. Power Management. Hibernation Settings.
- Find the two options “Require password when waking up from sleep” (one for battery power, the other for mains power).
- Double click on each of these options and set “Disabled”.
After applying the settings, the password will no longer be prompted when exiting sleep mode.
There is no Local Group Policy Home Editor in Windows 10, but you can do the same using the Registry Editor:
- Go to the registry editor and go to the section (in the absence of the specified subsections, create them using the “New”. “Section” item of the context menu by right clicking on the existing section).
- Create two DWORD values (on the right side of the Registry Editor) named ACSettingIndex and DCSettingIndex, the value of each of them is 0 (it is like this right after creation).
- Close Registry Editor and restart your computer.
Done, the password will not be asked after Windows 10 wakes up from sleep.
- If your system is logged in not by a password, but by a PIN code, first disable them using both parts of this instruction: How to disable the request to create a PIN code and remove the PIN code in Windows 10.
- Press the Windows R keys (where Windows is the OS logo key) and type netplwiz or control userpasswords2 then click OK. Both commands will cause the same account setup window to appear.
- To enable automatic logon to Windows 10 without entering a password, select the user for whom you want to clear the password prompt and uncheck the box next to Require username and password. If there is no such mark, the solution is described here: What to do if there is no item Require username and password in Windows 10.
- Click “OK” or “Apply”, after which you will need to enter the current password and its confirmation for the selected user (which can be changed by simply entering another login). Attention: if you are using a Microsoft account and the method does not work, try again, but in the upper field, instead of the username, enter the associated e-mail address (E-mail).
In the event that the box is not marked “Require username and password”, go to Settings. Accounts. Sign-in options and check if there is an item “Require Windows Hello sign in for Microsoft account”. If so, disable and re-enter the automatic login settings. If not, run Command Prompt as administrator (how to do it) and enter the command (by pressing Enter after it):
After executing the command, close Command Prompt and restart your computer. Then repeat the steps described above. the item to disable the password prompt should appear. Also, the “Require username and password” option will be unavailable if your computer is currently connected to a domain. However, it is possible to disable the password prompt using the Registry Editor, although this method is less secure than the one just described.
How to remove login password using Windows 10 Registry Editor
There is another way to do the above. to use the registry editor for this, however, it should be borne in mind that in this case your password will be stored in clear text as one of the Windows registry values, so anyone can view it. Note: below we will also consider a similar method, but with password encryption (using Sysinternals Autologon).
First, launch the Windows 10 Registry Editor by pressing the Windows R keys, type regedit and press Enter.
To enable automatic logon for a domain, Microsoft account, or local Windows 10 account, follow these steps:
- Change the AutoAdminLogon value (double click on this value on the right) to 1.
- Change the DefaultDomainName value to the domain name or the name of the local computer (can be viewed in the properties of “This computer”). If this value is not there, you can create it (Right mouse button. New. String parameter).
- If necessary, change the DefaultUserName to a different username, or leave the current user.
- Create a string parameter DefaultPassword and specify the account password as the value.
After that, you can close the registry editor and restart the computer. logging into the system under the selected user should occur without asking for a username and password.
How to completely remove Windows 10 user password (remove password)
If you use a local account on your computer (see How to delete a Microsoft Windows 10 account and use a local account), then you can completely remove (delete) the password for your user, then you will not have to enter it, even if you lock the computer with the keys WinL. To do this follow these steps.
There are several ways to do this, one of them, and probably the easiest one, is via the command line:
- Run the command line as administrator (for this you can start typing “Command line” in the search on the taskbar, and when you find the desired item. right-click on it and select the menu item “Run as administrator”.
- On the command line, use the following commands in order, pressing Enter after each one.
- net user (as a result of this command, you will see a list of users, including hidden system users, under the names under which they appear in the system. Remember the spelling of your username).
(however, if the username consists of more than one word, also enclose it in quotes).
How to reset password windows 10 If you forget it. Easy
After executing the last command, the user’s password will be deleted, and there will be no need to enter it to log in to Windows 10.
How to completely disable PIN and password at login
In most cases, users want to not only remove the PIN, but also disable the password in order to log into Windows 10 quickly and without any obstacles.
In order to achieve this result, you need to use the “netplwiz” command. Press the key combination Win-R. enter this command and press the enter key.
As a result, you will see the “User Accounts” window. This window will contain a list of users who are registered on this computer.
Here you need to select the user you want to use to log into Windows 10 and uncheck the box next to the “Require username and password” option. After that, save the settings using the “Apply” button.
After saving the settings, the “Auto Login” window will appear. In this window, the username will already be indicated, you just have to enter the password twice and click on the “OK” button.
That’s all, this is enough to remove the PIN when you log in to Windows 10. The next time you turn on your computer, you will log in automatically.
How to remove the PIN when logging into Windows 10
Many users, after installing the Windows 10 operating system, find that they have to enter a PIN every time they log in. This feature protects your account from unauthorized interference, which is especially useful on laptops, tablets and other mobile devices.
But, for a desktop computer that is used exclusively at home, such protection is often overkill. Now you will learn how to remove the PIN code when entering the Windows 10 operating system.
How to disable the PIN when waking up from sleep
It should also be noted that the above solution only works for turning on or restarting the computer. When you wake up from sleep, Windows 10 will still ask for a PIN. In order to disable the PIN-code and when they exit hibernation, some additional settings are needed in the “Options” menu (Win-i key combination) in the “Accounts. Login Options” section.
Here, at the very top of the window, there is a drop-down list called Login Required. Open it and select the “Never” option. After that, the PIN code will be disabled and when you wake up from sleep mode.
In addition, you need to know that when you lock the computer using the Windows-L key combination (from the English Lock), the PIN request will appear in any case, regardless of the settings described above.
No checkbox “Require username and password
In recent versions of Windows 10, the User Accounts window may not have the “Require username and password” checkbox. This usually means that Windows Hello is enabled on the system and must be disabled to continue with the configuration.
To do this, open the “Options” menu, for example, using the Win-i key combination or through “Start“;
Go to Accounts. Login Options and turn off the Require Windows Hello sign in for Microsoft accounts option.
After that, you need to re-execute the “netplwiz” command and disable the “Require username and password” function.
How to disable your PIN and switch to using a password
If you want to opt out of using a PIN and log into Windows 10 using a password, then you can simply delete the PIN in the Options menu (Win-i).
After opening the “Options” menu, go to the “Accounts. Login Options” section. In order to delete the PIN-code, find this setting and click on the “Delete” button.
Then confirm the deletion of the PIN by pressing the “Delete” button again.
After that, the PIN code will be disabled and the next time you log into Windows 10 you will need to enter the password for your account.